My Development thread for FM15 - Let's get to work.....

What I like about your threads Mr U Rosler is that it's not just - here, download, you will win guaranteed, but that you explain your reasonings and developments. This way someone can look at the ideas but build their own tactic based on the inputs as well or at least understand why they're using your tactic and what it should do.

For me this is one of the most important aspects of this game and I really don't understand people who just come and download a tactic and play. If you win, do you know why? Yes, this guy made a great tactic. For me personally it doesn't give enough satisfaction. If I win or my team does well, I want it to be my doings - of course you can always take ideas and advise and this is where I like such discussions.

I completely agree with this.

Mr U Rosler, I loved following your threads on FM14 here, that tactic (silk and steel etc) I was able use as a great foundation and your 4-1-3-2 set up is naturally how I'd like to set up which also helps. You write it up in an interesting way.

Will be following with interest. :thup:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very much liking how transitional the new set up you outlined is. When building from the back it starts as a 5-3-2 formation which quickly becomes a 3-5-2 as the ball moves through the middle of the park and then tends to resemble a 3-4-3 with one of the the CM Attack players pushing up to support. I'm really surprised by how deep the half back sits, usually being the last man.

I think I definitely prefer the new setup just in terms of the transition - despite the previous version giving loads of success in the first 10 games (5-1 over Man City!!) it just seemed to lack numbers going forward. The tempo of the transition is what it relied on as well as long balls finding strikers.

I'm very much liking how transitional the new set up you outlined is. When building from the back it starts as a 5-3-2 formation which quickly becomes a 3-5-2 as the ball moves through the middle of the park and then tends to resemble a 3-4-3 with one of the the CM Attack players pushing up to support. I'm really surprised by how deep the half back sits, usually being the last man.

Good point that.

The half back splits the 2 centre backs when your goal keeper has the ball, this pushes them and the FB's nice and wide which is ideal when we are using distribute to FB's.

He then sits deeper than any other DM role which we need as we've taken a few liberties elsewhere in the tactic.

As someone who has always been poor with tactics and never really enjoyed that aspect of the game too much (I love scouting and squad building), I am following this thread with great interest. I am currently doing a Millwall save and we're doing okay. Do you reckon your latest tactic would work with a lesser side such as Millwall in the championship?

As someone who has always been poor with tactics and never really enjoyed that aspect of the game too much (I love scouting and squad building), I am following this thread with great interest. I am currently doing a Millwall save and we're doing okay. Do you reckon your latest tactic would work with a lesser side such as Millwall in the championship?

Its still been very solid at the back so i'm hopeful it will be ok for weaker teams. I will be testing.

Well a terrible start to pre-season being beaten by Barnet and Dulwich hamlet and a few other bad results, so I think I was running before I can walk with the 4231 tactic. I have changed to a 4-1DM-2-2(wingers)-1 formation to give us a bit of play in the midfield which has helped. Got a 4132 tactic in the background so looking forward to your tactic coming out to plug it in! any ideas's on the names you will be giving them this year??

Good to see someone else is doing a Millwall save Ghoruz

If you're in the first season with Millwall it's basically impossible to run the 4-1-2-3 due to how the squad looks like in the start and your transfer budget. In my first season I also did a 4-1-2-2(wingers)-1. If it is not too late, Sign Chris Eagle on a free, awesome signing and I sold him for 5 mil just now in the 2015 summer's transfer window. Sold all my wingers now and we'll see if I manage to assemble a decent squad for 4-1-3-2

Well a terrible start to pre-season being beaten by Barnet and Dulwich hamlet and a few other bad results, so I think I was running before I can walk with the 4231 tactic. I have changed to a 4-1DM-2-2(wingers)-1 formation to give us a bit of play in the midfield which has helped. Got a 4132 tactic in the background so looking forward to your tactic coming out to plug it in! any ideas's on the names you will be giving them this year??

Tactic names got a bit out of hand last year, 'Field of Bones' ;-)

Might just be formation based this year.

Interesting work Mr Rosler.

Was looking at this and thinking about how it might port into a 41221.

What do you think about moving the DLP to the DM slot, dropping one of the strikers to be a Raumdeuter to provide a roaming second striker option. Keep one of the CM(A) and sit him alongside a supporting player, maybe CM(s), DLP(s) and switching an IF(a) or AP(a) out to the other wing.

Might give that a go later, good work mate.

I am hoping the tactic will work for weaker sides. I have put all my eggs in one basket and I am basically forced to win promotion to premier league this season or my economy is ruined ^^

Are you going to follow the set up from post 99 exactly?

Interested to see how you get on.

Interesting work Mr Rosler.

Was looking at this and thinking about how it might port into a 41221.

What do you think about moving the DLP to the DM slot, dropping one of the strikers to be a Raumdeuter to provide a roaming second striker option. Keep one of the CM(A) and sit him alongside a supporting player, maybe CM(s), DLP(s) and switching an IF(a) or AP(a) out to the other wing.

Might give that a go later, good work mate.

Sounds interesting. I think the Team Instructions in post 99 are pretty much spot for a lot of teams, i would keep those.

Are you going to follow the set up from post 99 exactly?

Interested to see how you get on.

Following it exactly. Done pre-season so far with positive results. Won 3 out of 5 games and the 2 games I lost were a bit of fluke where I had like 8-9 shots on goals and enemy team had 1.

The instructions to retain possession, work ball into box and whipped crosses are proving very useful at times as well.

Typically once I go a goal or two up I will use the first two instructions because it wears the opposition down a lot more I've noticed and picks them off. It also proves effective when playing a team who are bigger (such as against Man City and Chelsea in the champions league). The whipped crosses is more owing to the fact that only one of the 4/5 players who will be in the box in my side is over 6 feet. Whipped crosses are more dangerous with these smaller players than the lofted crosses the full backs were doing by default.

I can see how that played out, HB marked Ozil out of the game and you overpowered them in midfield, with the 2 CF pulling the CB's all over and the onrushing CM(a) getting between the lines where they had no cover.

My only surprise is (ai) Wenger did nothing about it!

So, after half the season done and I am not doing too great but not too bad either.

yV0zaqi.png

Biggest problem seems to be my strikers who miss a stupendous amount of opportunities. Crosses that my fullbacks put in that would have resulted in goal 8/10 times last season seem to miss 8/10 times instead this season. For some reason the striker worth 6 million is performing way worse than my 35 year old random dude whom I signed on a free in my last tactic. I also seem to get destroyed by any side playing a 4 or 5 man midfield and 90% of the goals I concede are from crosses (mostly because the wingbacks are in China)

I am currently 6th in the table, 10 points behind the leader so the top is quite even but I expected more given that I finished 6th last season with very few signings and self-made random tactic. This season I actually have a decent squad.

To note though is that I bought in 9 new players during the summer transfer window so it might have taken the team some time to gel. We'll see how it goes after I finish the season.

I spent a decent amount of money on a good half back but can't say I notice any difference in ratings or success of the team if I play the good half back or the bad one.

Thanks for posting Ghoruz.

Nearly finished my City test, i'll post up later.

Average results for you, my West Brom test should expose the tactics weakness's.

I limit myself to 3 transfers each summer as massive squad changes normally have a negative effect.

Thanks for your efforts.

This type of set up usually favours stronger teams. When I test it with West Brom I domy expect it to go well.

The version for weaker teams involves, low tempo, retain possession, balanced, control.

I'll be testing that next, if you make those adjustments it should help you out.

For lower leagues, for balanced did you mean flexible?

Great work Mr Rosler. I want to ask you a few questions as I am going to start a Liverpool save

1) Would this limit players like Sterling and Coutinho who are not central midfielders, in particular Sterling who is more a amr or amc. Did you have similar players like this, if so how did you fit them in to your formation?

2) Do you stick with Attacking/Very fluid against all teams home and away

3) How are you setting up training, you train players in the position they play in or do you have ?

Thanks

Great work Mr Rosler. I want to ask you a few questions as I am going to start a Liverpool save

1) Would this limit players like Sterling and Coutinho who are not central midfielders, in particular Sterling who is more a amr or amc. Did you have similar players like this, if so how did you fit them in to your formation?

2) Do you stick with Attacking/Very fluid against all teams home and away

3) How are you setting up training, you train players in the position they play in or do you have ?

Thanks

You can potentially use natural AMC's in the CM/A slots. Retrain them at the same time. I did that with Silva & Nasri.

For the purposes of the test I left it at Attacking/Very Fluid.

Not really got deep into training at this point, retrained where i've needed to. I always do a couple of months team blend at the start of each season.

You can potentially use natural AMC's in the CM/A slots. Retrain them at the same time. I did that with Silva & Nasri.

For the purposes of the test I left it at Attacking/Very Fluid.

Not really got deep into training at this point, retrained where i've needed to. I always do a couple of months team blend at the start of each season.

Cheers mate

Very very early days but playing with Barrow we had had a so-so start with my own tactic, unbeaten in 8 but mostly draws and rather lucky. Started with your original tactic and scraped a 3-1 away win, then saw the new tactic and used that..... result a record win 8-2!!! Good start...

Ok, season finished with 2nd version of the tactic.

93 points in the league, 95 scored, 24 against is good.

Won FA Cup & League Cup as well.

Lost to Napoli in quarters of Champions League, won first leg 2-0 at home, forgot to give the complacency team talk before start of away leg and lost 4-0 out of the blue despite creating twice as many chances. one of those things.

In terms of the tactic, pretty happy with it, a fair few chances seem to be right thru the middle with your striker bearing down on the keeper, but these are pretty much counter attacks so i cant really do anything about that. In real life the striker would often commit the keeper and square the ball for a team mate to tap in but strikers on FM15 are very greedy and always take on the shot. they score a few like this to be fair.

The other bug bear is strikers shooting from impossibly tight angles, hitting the side netting or post when all they need to do is square a ball across the 6 yard box to give someone a tap in. This has been around in FM for years and is match engine thing which i cant do much about.

I have the OCD urge to tweak things but the Match Engine update on release will alter things and the tactic will need testing again anyway i will do final tweaking then.#

Gonna run it with West Brom, unless things go badly the set up on post 99 will likely be the basis of the 4132.

I'll then move onto the 442.

WMNjMuc.png

Mr U Rosler,

Can I see a breakdown of your squads scorers for the last season?

I'm trying your second, more attacking tactic and I'm finding that the full-backs do love to get forward and overlap. However, they do like to take crap shots. I am playing as Man Utd.

Mr U Rosler,

Can I see a breakdown of your squads scorers for the last season?

I'm trying your second, more attacking tactic and I'm finding that the full-backs do love to get forward and overlap. However, they do like to take crap shots. I am playing as Man Utd.

Out and about at the moment. Will put that up later.

Hey Rosler, did you stop the 4231 deep? I was interested to see how you would make that work since FM 2014 most people were saying it was pretty much a defensive only tactic.

I'm interested to know what other levels of interaction with the game you have when tactic testing, for example training, squad building, scouting etc... ?

You also seem to get through a season pretty quick - are you off on your holibobs in between matches?

Also, with this particular tactic, what did you adjust to when you had a sending off?

Hey Rosler, did you stop the 4231 deep? I was interested to see how you would make that work since FM 2014 most people were saying it was pretty much a defensive only tactic.

4231 deep will be the final formation after the 442 so it's still coming.

It was a good set up last year so looking forward to it.

I'm interested to know what other levels of interaction with the game you have when tactic testing, for example training, squad building, scouting etc... ?

You also seem to get through a season pretty quick - are you off on your holibobs in between matches?

Also, with this particular tactic, what did you adjust to when you had a sending off?

I don't do any scouting or buy any players when testing. Just go with the starting squad.

Do very little with training, just the basics to get fluid.

Never holiday in game, I actually have a week of IRL this week so I've had a bit of time.

Only had 3 red cards in 2 seasons. As I was comfortable in the game at the time I just lost the DM. If I had narrow lead against strong opposition it would be striker.

Hope that helps.

4231 deep will be the final formation after the 442 so it's still coming.

It was a good set up last year so looking forward to it.

Thanks for the answer. :)

Great work so far Mr U, after a difficult pre-season with Liverpool, I'm finding my feet gradually. I do have one question;

What training criteria are you utilising to enhance 'gelling' of the team. I'm using tactical as my overall and then week by week tactical and team cohesion are being used. Not much progression noted if I'm honest however I am only just in to September.

Cheers

Great work so far Mr U, after a difficult pre-season with Liverpool, I'm finding my feet gradually. I do have one question;

What training criteria are you utilising to enhance 'gelling' of the team. I'm using tactical as my overall and then week by week tactical and team cohesion are being used. Not much progression noted if I'm honest however I am only just in to September.

Cheers

Just Team Cohesion. I leave on that for a couple of months.

Archived