Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

There's something about this tactic........ its just unbelievably tough....... very, very resilient.

I have no right to perform like this with Palace. 40 points was my target for the season, nearly there already after 19 games!

ueAnDBW.png

bdVldPC.png

Only 4 losses with by far the weakest team in the league.

Coming to fortress Selhurst with your World Class Players????

See you later, 0 clear cut chances, 0 half chances..... just gutted we didn't get the victory we deserved.

jKwqwg5.png

The Tactic - The Tube v2

ENlfrow.png

So the Shadow Strikers are gone.

We've nicked one for a Sweeper who does a brilliant job. You wont have one, neither did I. Just pick your quickest centre back and retrain. Mine was superb from day 1.

The other Shadow Striker has now formed a 2 man strike partnership, both Trequartista's. Just wanted 2 guys with freedom to roam and cause trouble as they see fit. works a treat, been murdering teams on the counter attack with them.

I think this might finally be the tactic i've been after all along, but we've been here before. :o

Dying to try this with Chelsea, surely, surely we MUST be murdering teams with this tactic and their players.

Will have a rest and do just that.

Dont tweak, run it for 10 games and let me know what you think :brock:

https://www.mediafire.com/?8e9bvhe88k3v9fx

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive played five friendlies (they are only friendlies and therefore not reliable and neither tactic has bedded in yet so my results are unreliable) and with Brighton the Quickening in its original forms may be more fefective than the Tube. Theres no doubt Tube makes more chances but less seem to be converted (which may be because of other factors). Perhaps it is more to the retraining needed as there are far less natural wing backs, half backs and shadow strikers than there are full backs, anchor men and inside forwards.

Ive played five friendlies (they are only friendlies and therefore not reliable and neither tactic has bedded in yet so my results are unreliable) and with Brighton the Quickening in its original forms may be more fefective than the Tube. Theres no doubt Tube makes more chances but less seem to be converted (which may be because of other factors). Perhaps it is more to the retraining needed as there are far less natural wing backs, half backs and shadow strikers than there are full backs, anchor men and inside forwards.

Try v2 :thup:

rosler

does it work with league one teams??

been using ss v2 and rainmaker v2 for a while but have hit a bad run n cant win a game at min

maybe its after getting the dreaded manager of month award

reckon retraining a centre back to sweeper will be ok? any specific stats they need?

Well, if you can sign one, even with partial familiarity it would be a bonus.

Retraining is good and it wont affect performance too much.

I'd look for someone quick, good decisions, positioning and tackling.

6 games so far 5 wins 1 defeat, sweeper seems to play pretty much the same as the CBs just not marking anyone in particular haven't played with a sweeper since probably CM01/02 so not sure now he should play guess I was expecting him to be further back.

No tweaks just subs where needed

ive played 6 games with v2,ive conceded in four of these games with Trequartista dropping deep with ball,approx 30 yard from own goal then just stops

when opposition player goes near him.needless to say they have all ended in goals.is this something you have noticed mr r?

ive played 6 games with v2,ive conceded in four of these games with Trequartista dropping deep with ball,approx 30 yard from own goal then just stops

when opposition player goes near him.needless to say they have all ended in goals.is this something you have noticed mr r?

Not seen that??

My main frustration is how quickly the AI/opposition/game see's what your doing and goes right well if your going to do that i'll just do this.....

First game created 8 CCC's won 3-2 :applause: (opposition created 0 CCC's:herman:)

does it matter which side mr r? just downloaded for me chelsea game. only 4 games into season. first game with tactic and beat everton 3-2. hazard with the winner and did well up front retraining. who would you have from chelsea as your sweeper? tried it with luiz certainly not for his decision making :) but thought of his pace and tackling

does it matter which side mr r? just downloaded for me chelsea game. only 4 games into season. first game with tactic and beat everton 3-2. hazard with the winner and did well up front retraining. who would you have from chelsea as your sweeper? tried it with luiz certainly not for his decision making :) but thought of his pace and tackling

I have Luiz as sweeper.

I have right side as attack but no real reason behind that.

ok thanks, am retraining both luiz and ivanovic for sweepers so can switch between the two. with regards the two midfielders, have switched my right side to attack too. would you play someone like willian there or oscar maybe and have someone more defensively minded alongside him?

Just lost my first game at Chelsea.

Its very frustrating watching your players miss 8 great chances then your opponent scores his first chance with a really simple finish.

its like, 'well done, you've got a great tactic, now watch me shaft you...."

vDY54ya.png

ok thanks, am retraining both luiz and ivanovic for sweepers so can switch between the two. with regards the two midfielders, have switched my right side to attack too. would you play someone like willian there or oscar maybe and have someone more defensively minded alongside him?

I use Hazard in the MC/a role. Oscar or Willian also good.

Just lost my first game at Chelsea.

Its very frustrating watching your players miss 8 great chances then your opponent scores his first chance with a really simple finish.

its like, 'well done, you've got a great tactic, now watch me shaft you...."

I THINK LIKE THIS REGULARLY !!!!

I'm going to give Tube v2 a run with derby, that is the latest one right? I'll let you know how it goes :)

Yeah, i'd put one of the central midfielders on attack duty. thats the only change i've made.

Well, thats half a season with Chelsea.

Mixed feelings really, played brilliantly and should have scored far more goals and picked up a lot more points.

Basically been getting shafted.

As it is we're a bit shy of where i'd expect us to be. Will see if the 2nd half of the season is better.

uIkJFDu.png

LzJ8hkE.png

Played 10 won 8 lost 2, lost 2-1 to Slavia Mozyr one of those games where we never really turned up, lost 3-1 to BATE would have won using S+Sv2 teams playing a close diamond in midfield never do any good against it.

So thumbs up from me but will keep S+Sv2 ready for those special occasions.

Must admit, I'm having great success with your 1st attempt at tube. Only tactic with my Liverpool team that actually makes the team perform as I feel it should with the players I have :)

I doesn't always perform well, but I think it does pretty well.

I was sitting 6th halfway through the season with the board on my back. Swapped to your tube, 2 games left and if I win one I will clinch the title. Won the leage cup, semis of Europa league and FA cup final.

Pretty successful season in my book :)

G

Mr Rosler I almost never post on the forums but I visit and read most threads quite often and I have followed your tactics since the original silk and steel and I was amazed by your work, but I feel I must criticize your newest approach a bit.

I'm not a tactical genius or anything and everything I want to say is with the best intentions :) . I believe this hunt for the "ultimate" 14.3 tactic got you and all of us a bit obsessed and forgot about the basics. My opinion is that there is NO

such thing with this ME, you MUST have 2-3 similar tactics for different situations it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to be consistent with just 1 tactic or 1 approach I have played way, way too much FM14 and this is my conclusion. As for the tactic

the CWB take up way too many chances and obviously since they are wingbacks cannot finish them properly most of the time and the result of this is that the strikers get a bit left out of the game, but my biggest concern is the entire logic of

the Tube v2. 2 Trequartistas seems a bit ridiculous IMHO because they offer NO pressure at all on the opponents and even with a sweeper ( this position really saddens me, a libero in modern football? ) the CWM push so higher up that the defence

gets really stretched, all in all I think we should get back to basics and apply some proper football logic ( like the silk and steel ) and stop chasing unicorns. As I said I mean absolutely no offence I really think you are a brilliant tactician and even though

I had some success with the Tube tactics I simply don't like the way the team looks and behaves I don't know if anyone agrees but... well... that is my opinion :p

No not mine anyway personally I can't see my keeper doing anything different from when he plays as a normal keeper and the sweeper is pretty much level with the 2 CBs maybe a CBc would do the same job at least defensively.

Oh my keeper and CB are picked o their physical ability not their mental so could be they are just a bit thick :)

There's something about this tactic........ its just unbelievably tough....... very, very resilient.

I have no right to perform like this with Palace. 40 points was my target for the season, nearly there already after 19 games!

ueAnDBW.png

Palace has 29 points in 19 matches (AI controlled) in my current game , with 9 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses :)

But good job though!

Mr Rosler I almost never post on the forums but I visit and read most threads quite often and I have followed your tactics since the original silk and steel and I was amazed by your work, but I feel I must criticize your newest approach a bit.

I'm not a tactical genius or anything and everything I want to say is with the best intentions :) . I believe this hunt for the "ultimate" 14.3 tactic got you and all of us a bit obsessed and forgot about the basics. My opinion is that there is NO

such thing with this ME, you MUST have 2-3 similar tactics for different situations it is completely IMPOSSIBLE to be consistent with just 1 tactic or 1 approach I have played way, way too much FM14 and this is my conclusion. As for the tactic

the CWB take up way too many chances and obviously since they are wingbacks cannot finish them properly most of the time and the result of this is that the strikers get a bit left out of the game, but my biggest concern is the entire logic of

the Tube v2. 2 Trequartistas seems a bit ridiculous IMHO because they offer NO pressure at all on the opponents and even with a sweeper ( this position really saddens me, a libero in modern football? ) the CWM push so higher up that the defence

gets really stretched, all in all I think we should get back to basics and apply some proper football logic ( like the silk and steel ) and stop chasing unicorns. As I said I mean absolutely no offence I really think you are a brilliant tactician and even though

I had some success with the Tube tactics I simply don't like the way the team looks and behaves I don't know if anyone agrees but... well... that is my opinion :p

Thanks for your comments and I agree with you on many points.

Please remember I'm not coming at this from any real world footballing background, preferring the more gentlemanly pursuits of golf & cricket:-)

So I feel no obligation to be true to any footballing heritage. This is both a strength and a weakness.

Any tactic I put out is a direct response to the match engine. 14.2 rewarded sensible, logical football and that's what I put out. 14.3 does not so you will get a lot of 'chimera' formations.

I spent a long time trying to get a 442/4411 to work. Teams would run straight through the middle of you for fun. I had to scrap that approach.

When you look at the tube tactic it sure looks funky but in reality you have 3 at the back (its not my fault a sweeper works better than a 3rd CB), 2 FB's who push on, most good teams do this, 3 midfielders on support, defend, attack duty and 2 upfront. Pretty basic stuff really,

So, maybe this isn't one for the purists, but 14.3 isn't for the purists either and there lies the real culprit ;-)

I think it's a big problem that such a change can happen, i know there's all these little bugs but such changes to the game are awful, i tried to get a friend into FM and he gave up after a week, all i'd ask is that FM15 be more like 14.2 massive changes put too one side and a game released that doesn't need a genius like our Mr Rosler to work out :D

As the first half of the Chelsea test was only 'ok' I will run the 2nd half with the sweeper changed to CB and the front 2 as dlf & avf to see how it goes.

So far in the few games you have played (if you have) have you noticed any more chances coming from this? I have Oscar and Hazard playing up top with the v2 and not creating a lot of chances. This may be from changing the fluidity from VERY to just FLUID

So far in the few games you have played (if you have) have you noticed any more chances coming from this? I have Oscar and Hazard playing up top with the v2 and not creating a lot of chances. This may be from changing the fluidity from VERY to just FLUID

No, the Sweeper to DC seems ok. The DLF/AVF combo is not clicking. Which is appalling really as its a standard set up for a striker partnership.

Think we need to drop one of them into the AMC position. Not sure of the best combination of roles. F9 - Shadow Striker possibly or Enganche and DLF.

Sort out the front 2 roles and i think we're pretty much done. Definately think 1 striker - 1 amc is the way to go.

Anybody seen an amc/striker set up that works well??

I have been testing The Tube and The Tube V2 (with right cm on attack) over the same 10 games. Both tactics on Attacking movement. This has been with Weymouth in League One. Below are the results

The Tube

Played - 10, Won - 4, Drew - 4, Lost - 2, For - 13, Against - 7, Points - 16

The Tube V2 (Right CM on Attack)

Played - 10, Won - 8, Drew - 0, Lost - 2, For - 17, Against - 6, Points - 24

I am currently running another test with V2 on Defensive Positioning.

Then I will try S & S V2 on the same ten games.

The more I read in here, the less I believe that we will find a tactic that equally suits both Chelsea and Place.

And probably that's how it should be...

Yeah, think there will be two variants again.

Favourite/Underdog - Protect Lead/Recover deficit etc

But based around the same DNA/System.

DLF+SS combo works well, at least for me.

DLF scores more goals than SS, but SS also gets both goals and assists.

I have also managed to get DLF+AF working at reasonable level, but it doesn't get as stable performance as DLF+SS does.

DLF+SS combo works well, at least for me.

DLF scores more goals than SS, but SS also gets both goals and assists.

I have also managed to get DLF+AF working at reasonable level, but it doesn't get as stable performance as DLF+SS does.

So you prefer DLF over F9?

Hello Mr u Rosler, I want to test your tactic the Tube V2 with the following tweaks to find out if they're helpfull for smaller teams. I want to start a save with Carlisle United.

I want to play at home against weaker opposition with 3 DC, away or at home when not favourites with a sweeper. Furthermore I've changed the MCL's mentality to attacking (as I prefer playing Liam Noble there, my best midfielder in terms of attack), 1 AMC as shadow striker and 1 striker playing as a DLF. But, now the only thing I'm struggling with, do I need to add or remove player instructions for both the SS and the DLF? Can you, or MTM1977, give me some info please? Thx in advance!

Hello Mr u Rosler, I want to test your tactic the Tube V2 with the following tweaks to find out if they're helpfull for smaller teams. I want to start a save with Carlisle United.

I want to play at home against weaker opposition with 3 DC, away or at home when not favourites with a sweeper. Furthermore I've changed the MCL's mentality to attacking (as I prefer playing Liam Noble there, my best midfielder in terms of attack), 1 AMC as shadow striker and 1 striker playing as a DLF. But, now the only thing I'm struggling with, do I need to add or remove player instructions for both the SS and the DLF? Can you, or MTM1977, give me some info please? Thx in advance!

I would leave the DLF/SS with no instructions. The default options built in by SI are very good already in the attackers.

Archived