[FM2014]Better Than Default Panels

ArtDekDok

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@artdekdok

you mean here?

personal details panel vertical.xml

what exactly i need to change? can u please explain :)

i see that on DF11 player picture someone made new panels for bigger pictures..and i have there ''player profile personal details.xml'' but when i put it on my skin it show me bigger pictures than original..

im looking here at config file and i see this

<!-- WITH PORTRAIT -->

<!-- this version of the table is used if the player portrait is visible -->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" offset="0" layout="260, -1" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="picture" id="ppic" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="310" width="260" image_alignment="left">

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="port" />

<integer id="set_property" value="file" />

</record>

</widget>

i tryed to change '' height="310" width="260"'' to '' height="180" width="140"

but nothing happens...picture is still bigger then original picture

need help here,please

ArtDekDok,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but on the player profile overview page, where the panel with the attributes is, there is the button for "highlight attributes for role" (just below "recent attribute changes"). This actually doesn't work or show what it is supposed to. Instead of giving options to see which attributes are required for playing every role, it shows which attributes are trained for each role available based on the positional competence of the player. Can this be fixed and if yes, now?

Thanks

I don't like this button options too, and I can't fix this issue

Is it still possible to give us a idea on the line of code to change please?

can you help me change this?

i want a cleaner page with less sections, so i ask you if you can create the xml to look like this:

1. that "posicoes" section, to take all the space down, some height as the left sections

2. add more options to the dropdown list of sections i can select

3. change the player picture to 180x180 format

4. add a border (like the ones you can see between the middle sections, preferably with same size) on the left and on the right

thank you very much

What more options you need in dropdown list ?

What resolution you are using?

you can add in the dropdown all that you can, and the resolution is 1680x1050. thanks

open "club overview panel.xml"

find "club overview kits panel"

in this file have 8 line <widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" ....... file="club overview kits panel" ..... >

change "client_object_viewer_xml_panel"

to "club_overview_kits_panel"

open "team container information overview panel.xml"

find "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" >" line 988

change "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" >"

to "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" id="tiki">

Thanks for this and for the great work which you have done :thup:

@artdekdok

you mean here?

personal details panel vertical.xml

what exactly i need to change? can u please explain :)

i see that on DF11 player picture someone made new panels for bigger pictures..and i have there ''player profile personal details.xml'' but when i put it on my skin it show me bigger pictures than original..

im looking here at config file and i see this

<!-- WITH PORTRAIT -->

<!-- this version of the table is used if the player portrait is visible -->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" offset="0" layout="260, -1" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="picture" id="ppic" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="310" width="260" image_alignment="left">

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="port" />

<integer id="set_property" value="file" />

</record>

</widget>

i tryed to change '' height="310" width="260"'' to '' height="180" width="140"

but nothing happens...picture is still bigger then original picture

need help here,please

can anyone help please?

• 2 weeks later...

hello I have a problem and sega have told me to contact or take it up with the developers on the forum..

ive been told to do a lot of things to my computer and they ant work.

what it is 3 months befor fm2014 came out my fm2013 went funny. u put sunday league footballer and then press next then back and it would be on automatic .

did it with semi pro forward backwards auto

do it on professional forward and back and it would stay on professional it wouldn't go bk to auto ..

so when im playing the game it feels like im on professional which is not too much fun for me . the only other thing is to try a new product key and I will sign upto steam again but they wont give me a new key and discard my old one .

ive been on it at my mates house and it work perfect . stay on sunday league when u go forwards and then backwards !

can any one help please and point me in the right place .

im not right good at spelling so im sorry it u cant read or under what im saying too good .

thanks dean

A bit funny: Above the attributes of a player was stated 'Attributes No Scroll Bar' and then the Attributes are with scroll bar :D

What do I have to do to change to have indeed no scroll bar?

If it is also correctly that you doesn't change the panels of the nations? They are still the default ones...

IPxEYHh.png

Note: I renamed 'Attributes No Scroll Bar' to 'Eigenschappen' and 'Player statistics' to 'spelereigenschappen'. Normally i play the game in Dutch. Change the language to English for the screenshot. My first change in a skin ever :D

edit:

Hi artdekdok

I have downloaded your excellent work but my screen resolution is 1366*768 so this is what I see in the player profile.

- IMAGE -

My question is if you could manage this profile view to have more options, like you have. I know your screen resolution is higher, but maybe it could work for me. For instance, Positions could be smaller and that would leave space for one more option. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

cheers

you are the man :applause:

only two little problems as you can check

- IMAGE -

This files makes it better (Less scrolling is necessary, but it is still needed), but the right part of the screen isn't working. The only part that's working is the layout. No text. Everything in the row of contract and Career stats are empty. My laptop has also the resolution 1366*768.

It would be great if someone can help me :)

This last patch is everything but good for the game. Its messing with all the game. Anotar situacionista for me is went i to to my shortlist, the line that separates the search options and the players, is in the bottom. If i pull the line up and then i went and out from a player profile, the line automatic goes to the bottom again.

Let me start this post by saying that while I’ve been playing FM for many years, I’ve never change skins or done mods before, so I’m a complete newbie to this. I downloaded the Dark Skin and began using it with no problems. Then I downloaded your files and followed your directions about creating a Panels folder in my FM2014 folder (I know I’m in the correct place) and put the .xml files and graphics folders where you instructed. I then cleared the cache in my game and clicked the reload skin box before clicking the reload skin button. After the reload, nothing changes. I still have the dark skin, but none of your mods show up. Even re-started the game with no success. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m guessing I’m doing something wrong, but at this point I can’t figure out what. One guess is that so not to confuse similar named .xml files I actually copied the panels folders into the new main panel folder I created and gave each of them the name of the original folder with “panel” at the end of the name. So in my new main panels folder I now have 10 nested panels folders that contain all of the .xml files I downloaded. Could this be causing the problem? I appreciate any help.

I just opened up each folder; club overview, competition transfer rumors etc, and pulled each graphics and panels folder into "fm dark-widgets" folder. It will ask for you to merge folders (say yes) same with any individual files that need overwriting. In the end you should have only the one graphics and panels folder each.

any ideas? the probleam started after the latest update

2013_12_19_00001.jpg

Ok, I had this as well. I then went to debugging mode to find out what was wrong.

I opened the club overview panel and quickly saw where the problem was if not what it was. After a while I concentrated on just one of the empty boxes.

XML-wise the boxes are constructed like this: there's an element with id="cosX" where X is 1,2,3,A,B,C etc. Within these elements are widget elements. Each of these widgets can be chosen (when it works like it should) from the drop down menu in-game.

So I took cosA and commented out all but the first (default choice) widget. Now the box worked in-game. I then uncommented the second widget. Still working. I continued this until I had uncommented all of them. Still working. I had ended up with exactly the same code, but now it was working and before it wasn't. I tried to change from fark to light version of the skin. They both previously had the same problem, but now neither did.

Next step was to comment out all but the first widget in all cosX-elements, verify that they worked, then uncomment them. It proved to be a solution for all but the last cos-element. There I had to axe the "show fixtures"-link from the bottom of the widget to get it working.

So, in the end I had the same file, only now it was working where before it wasn't. It remains a bit of a mystery. I'm almost ashamed to post this as a solution because it's not very elegant and I lack understanding of what is going on. ;) It was pretty much impossible to pinpoint the problem when I was unable to reproduce it after fixing it. There must be some file stored somewhere (in AppData most likely) that was somehow "stuck" if you may and you can apparently get it "unstuck" by doing some rituals like this.

Edit: You might have success with deleting everything FM related from your AppData and reinstalling.

Ok, I had this as well. I then went to debugging mode to find out what was wrong.

I opened the club overview panel and quickly saw where the problem was if not what it was. After a while I concentrated on just one of the empty boxes.

XML-wise the boxes are constructed like this: there's an element with id="cosX" where X is 1,2,3,A,B,C etc. Within these elements are widget elements. Each of these widgets can be chosen (when it works like it should) from the drop down menu in-game.

So I took cosA and commented out all but the first (default choice) widget. Now the box worked in-game. I then uncommented the second widget. Still working. I continued this until I had uncommented all of them. Still working. I had ended up with exactly the same code, but now it was working and before it wasn't. I tried to change from fark to light version of the skin. They both previously had the same problem, but now neither did.

Next step was to comment out all but the first widget in all cosX-elements, verify that they worked, then uncomment them. It proved to be a solution for all but the last cos-element. There I had to axe the "show fixtures"-link from the bottom of the widget to get it working.

So, in the end I had the same file, only now it was working where before it wasn't. It remains a bit of a mystery. I'm almost ashamed to post this as a solution because it's not very elegant and I lack understanding of what is going on. ;) It was pretty much impossible to pinpoint the problem when I was unable to reproduce it after fixing it. There must be some file stored somewhere (in AppData most likely) that was somehow "stuck" if you may and you can apparently get it "unstuck" by doing some rituals like this.

Edit: You might have success with deleting everything FM related from your AppData and reinstalling.

The recent patches did something with the ids in some files, that seems to be fixed by getting the game to re-read the xml files, I went through the same non-editing of some of my files as you did to get them working.

What do you mean by 'commented' and 'uncommented'?

I presume I just have to edit the club overview panel and player overview panel?

Thanks.

Those files indeed, although I didn't have an issue with player overview.

Commented out as in using <!-- and -->

Like this: <!-- section of xml code you want the game to ignore here-->

Then have the skin reloaded in-game.

Uncommented as in removing those same thingies.

I imagine you could just make a backup of the original file, delete stuff from the original, reload skin, restore the backup.

Archived