FM14 TACTIC - "THE FULCRUM" - Back to Back Promotions + Cup Win

How much change in the required attributes will there be with the new version? Less emphasis on long shots and finishing would be nice since they're a bitch to find in the lower leagues outside of strikers :D

Will be a few changes.

Unfortunately, until the ME stops a lot of shots being taken from outside the box we need to consider the long shot attributes.

But '10' longshot attribute would be good in league 2. So all attributes 'scale' according to your level.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, I believe I have something here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9m0v4yxt733cz9/Fulcrum-DEF.tac

If someone would like to give it a shot, I'd appreciate the feedback (hope you don't mind this thread hijack, Rosler, but I believe this is an evolution of Fulcrum).

The startegy, as I explained before is to play Fulcrum v2, as it is great in the beginning. As soon as the AI cracks the tactics and you suddenly start drawing/losing in sequence, switch to Fulcrum-DEF. This should get you back on track. As soon as Fulcrum-DEF is cracked, switch back to Fulcrum v2 and repeat. ;)

About Fulcrum-DEF:

- I have waltzed through the Rio State Championship, winning 100% of the matches.

- In the League, I have 5W1D for now. The draw is due to a missed penalty kick by Scocco. ;)

- In the Libertadores, I am in the final, having won every match ever since I switched to Fulcrum-DEF. I tried Fulcrum_v2 in the first two matches of the Group Stage... 1L1D against weaker teams.

What is most impressive is that, even though it is a counter/direct model, it results in big wins (6-0, 7-1, etc.). Also, I feel it concedes much less than Fulcrum_v2.

Continuing, I won the Libertadores with Fulcurum-DEF, but two matches later, already in the League, I was 'cracked' and it stopped working. Switched back to v2 and it is working very well. Also, it is working even better after 14.1.4. I've been running it for the latest 20 matches and lost only a couple during intense injury crisis.

Main differences I observed in v2 after 14.1.4, related to how it behaved in 14.1.3:

- strikers score!

- advanced playmaker is no longer a machine

- goals are evenly distributed among players

- more varied types of goals: through balls, the eventual counter attack, corners, free kicks, one-twos.

- no longer that huge crowd within the opposition box, shooting 5 times before scoring a goal from a rebound.

- defence is much more solid, specially on set pieces.

It is working so well that I am afraid of switching to v4/v5. However, Rosler has earned my trust and if he says that v5 is working better than v2, I'll switch in the end of the season and, of course, generate my Fulcrum_v5_DEF for the 'cracking time'. ;)

The new version is still a 'Fulcrum' tactic.

All I've really done is changed how chances are created and scored.

The 'synergy' of the attacking players and how they interact with each other.

As I said earlier, you can change mid season and it will nearly be fully fluid.

Anyone else seeing a "page 7" of this thread but currently unable to access it? Is it just me or is it maybe Uwe setting up the release of the new tactic.

I am not desperate for it but I just find it curious as to why page 7 can't be accessed!

Anyone else seeing a "page 7" of this thread but currently unable to access it? Is it just me or is it maybe Uwe setting up the release of the new tactic.

I am not desperate for it but I just find it curious as to why page 7 can't be accessed!

Getting the same here.

So a wee update in how things are going.

Won the Scottish Premiership title and Scottish Cup in season 2015/16.

Qualified for Champions League Group Stage in following season, currently played one (Rubin Kazan at home, winning 1-0), Barcelona and PSG the other two occupants of Group F.

So things are going well despite a sluggish start to the 2016/17 league campaign. Ive lost one game shy in this campaign than that of my total losses of the whole of last season.

OK guys,

Happy for you guys to trial the tactic.

I think i'm getting tired, paranoid and/or fatigued as i am seeing things in the highlights i'm really not happy with. And its causing me to have some doubts.

However the tactic isn't EVERYTHING and players have off days so perhaps i'm being unrealistic.

However, in the cold light of day you cant really argue with these results for a mid-level premier league team.

bhyk.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tactic

03qi.png

Bit tired to go into too much detail tonight but we have have a False 9 feeding 2 Shadow Strikers who are constantly making forward runs from deeper positions.

Looks very narrow in the Tactics screenshots but doesnt really play like that with the team/player instructions we have.

Very interested to hear how you get on and to have 'fresh' eyes on this.

Thanks all:brock:

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?1xxfx0xtpw2oga1

OK guys,

Happy for you guys to trial the tactic.

I think i'm getting tired, paranoid and/or fatigued as i am seeing things in the highlights i'm really not happy with. And its causing me to have some doubts.

However the tactic isn't EVERYTHING and players have off days so perhaps i'm being unrealistic.

However, in the cold light of day you cant really argue with these results for a mid-level premier league team.

bhyk.png

Tactic

03qi.png

Bit tired to go into too much detail tonight but we have have a False 9 feeding 2 Shadow Strikers who are constantly making forward runs from deeper positions.

Looks very narrow in the Tactics screenshots but doesnt really play like that with the team/player instructions we have.

Very interested to hear how you get on and to have 'fresh' eyes on this.

Thanks all:brock:

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?1xxfx0xtpw2oga1

Will try this now, interesting formation uwe! :)

It's going to have to be a good one to get me to change over from V2. :D As per V2 I'm ripping teams up and my 19yr old poacher is on a 50%+ goals per game. This season that is. Willing to change my mind....

Are you playing on the last patch ?

I am having very good results with the v4 but I saw several comments about v2 and wanted to maybe give it a go. Would appreciate if anyone could host it as it is not on the op.

Thanks

Are you playing on the last patch ?

I am having very good results with the v4 but I saw several comments about v2 and wanted to maybe give it a go. Would appreciate if anyone could host it as it is not on the op.

Thanks

just for you......

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jh2r7xranrmxcz3/The%20Fulcrum%20v2.tac

Awesome, thanks Mr U ! Although as I said...will be a hard choice switching from v4 which has brought me (currently)to the 6th spot of French L1 with my newly promoted Paris FC...Europa league spot is still possible. Amazing season !

Awesome, thanks Mr U ! Although as I said...will be a hard choice switching from v4 which has brought me (currently)to the 6th spot of French L1 with my newly promoted Paris FC...Europa league spot is still possible. Amazing season !

v2 & v4 are quite similar.

Ok, the end of a good season.

kvj3.png

Finished 3rd and won League Cup again.

I must have used about 6 versions of the Fulcrum this season trying to work out what works best.

I've long been settled on the back 4 and DM as well as having al least 2 box to box midfielders so i didn't mess with any of that. I also didnt mess team instructions other than adding 'play wider'.

So what i have been trying to work out is the optimal positions for our 3 main attackers, the good news is that every configuration I have tried works well hence my consistent results, but I cant honestly say anything yet is better than v4. equal perhaps, but not better.

Anyway, I have gone back to my 'roots' and are developing a 'shut out' version of the Fulcrum capable of shutting down excellent teams like this......

ojoh.png

if it proves as good as v4 (or better!) i'll post it up here as an alternative or perhaps as an 'away' tactic to compliment v4.

As ever, i'll keep you posted on my progress.

Good luck all :brock:

Yeah, especially inside forwards with 1 upfront.

Personally i avoid this formation because 80% of tactics posted here end up with that set up and i try and be a little bit original.

Would definately work though.

pvz6.jpg

This is my update on Version 4 in my 4th season with Grasshoppers. As you can see i am in fantastic form. All thanks to the tactic! :) So Kudos to you!

Fingers crossed i can snatch the title back from Basel this season.

I want to like the Fulcrum, I really do. But my players, who are absolutely above average in the league (League 2) get massively outplayed.

I constantly lose the battle for possession with v4. The passing is absolutely atrocious - highlights are filled with passes going straight to opposition players.

What is going on here? I replay matches a lot to see if it is not simply bad luck but the results are consistent.

How can I make the Fulcrum work for me :(

p.s. I do appreciate the work you're putting into this! I love the idea behind this

Edit: more info:

- Problem could be that I do not have a good Regista. I only have bad passers in that position. I will try going back to an AP / Anchorman combination on central midfield

- F9 is wasting a lot of shots so I am thinking of giving him Shoot Less Often instruction

- I get beat by through balls and balls over the top a lot; I think hassle opponents is really pushing the def line up a lot? Perhaps my players are unable to cope with that.

I want to like the Fulcrum, I really do. But my players, who are absolutely above average in the league (League 2) get massively outplayed.

I constantly lose the battle for possession with v4. The passing is absolutely atrocious - highlights are filled with passes going straight to opposition players.

What is going on here? I replay matches a lot to see if it is not simply bad luck but the results are consistent.

How can I make the Fulcrum work for me :(

p.s. I do appreciate the work you're putting into this! I love the idea behind this

Edit: more info:

- Problem could be that I do not have a good Regista. I only have bad passers in that position. I will try going back to an AP / Anchorman combination on central midfield

- F9 is wasting a lot of shots so I am thinking of giving him Shoot Less Often instruction

- I get beat by through balls and balls over the top a lot; I think hassle opponents is really pushing the def line up a lot? Perhaps my players are unable to cope with that.

Henk,

try v2, i posted a link a few posts up.

No regista and a good old fashioned poacher.

So Uwe going by your posts you seem to be suggesting V4 is as far as it gets currently therefore we should disregard Mig-29? Am I right? V4 did win my Heart of Midlothian side the League title and Scottish Cup double and quality for group stages of Champions League.

So Uwe going by your posts you seem to be suggesting V4 is as far as it gets currently therefore we should disregard Mig-29? Am I right? V4 did win my Heart of Midlothian side the League title and Scottish Cup double and quality for group stages of Champions League.

Yeah, i would say stick with v4 at the moment.

Doing well with this on my AC Milan save, though I have to say my squad is very good as well; landed Luis Suarez and Yohan Cabaye after I sold SES to Man Utd for 40m and won Serie A. But the football has been good after a slow start (which I put down to unfamiliarity, was playing a very different system before), and the front three interchange very well, and the two BBMs (Honda and Nocerino usually) act just how I want BBMs to.

Brilliant tactic for me, in my 3rd season with Nottingham forest (second season in the premier league) and am currently top of the league a couple dodgy defeats and draws but overall has been excellent.

6a2b8ddf59ca47370fa14182131104ff.png

Have Kostas Fortounis and Eremenko playing in the Box to Box roles and they have been amazing, managed to land Ward-Prowse in Janaury window and have used him in the CM role and also has been pretty good, only position where I have struggled to find someone consistent is the false nine position, any suggestions?

I've now finnished my first season in the championship with wolves using v4 results:

P W D L GD Pts

1st 46 33 9 4 +59 108 (20 points ahead of runner up)

Capital One Cup - Runners up (final lost to tottenham on pk shoot out)

FA Cup - Winners (final won vs Liverpool)

Top Goalscorer:

1st in league Ezequil Rescaldani (complete forward) 34 league 49 total

3rd in league Vitali Radzionau (false 9) 23 league 28 total

Had a run of 36 games unbeaten 13/9 - 14 to 25/2 -15.

I might as well give up tweaking and accept that v4 is the daddy and get on with my long term save.

Might launch it on a new thread once i've cristalized the player attributes for each role, training & recruitment etc.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

HenkDeTank, i'm not giving up you mate, let me know how you're getting on and i'll see if i can help.

Henk,

try v2, i posted a link a few posts up.

No regista and a good old fashioned poacher.

Tip top point. V4 wasn't as good for me because I simply didn't have the players to fulfil the roles to max it out, or nowhere near as well as I had them to fit V2. I can rectify that over a couple of seasons of wheeling and dealing, but V2 can and does work extremely well.

On V2 I'm now chasing down Reading's record Championship points total (106 points in 2005 irl which is an insanely good season) and going to win the Championship by 20-25 points. I have good players, albeit a young squad so will only improve, but the players are not 20-25 points better than everyone else by any stretch so big thanks to Mr U Rosler. :thup:

I like V2 because it follows excellent football logic, i.e. roles/positions cover most of the pitch defensively and attacking. I've tweaked it a little for a back up tactic which is V2 but just slightly more 'sit back and contain' when I need to close games out with 10-15 minutes to go but other than that, V2 = Seems to be an excellent tactic.

.....I should add. Not to those that know the game but those looking for or expecting instant success..... :D

A tactic is only one piece of the jigsaw, albeit a very big piece, so nobody should expect one tactic to be a 'win' button. But I've been playing the game a long time over many versions (religiously every year since 1996ish).

It's not boasting to say (I just want people to understand that I've learned the hard way), but getting the little things helps in managing morale/rotation and most importantly the right players max's it out as well.

- I won't touch a player with less than 10 on any of DETERMINATION, TEAMWORK, WORK RATE. Staple diet breakfast of champions.

- I have sussed a long time ago how to max out manage morale through interactions etc. And if a player is a pain in the neck attitude wise, he's history. Short term pain (maybe?) but long term gain.

- I take my backroom staff recruitment very seriously. Max out player finding, judging ability and training.

- I rotate my team constantly, so it's a 22-25 man squad not a first team. With 50+ games per season in the English Leagues....

Not to hijack your thread Mr U Rosler, but don't want peeps to think there's a tactic out there that will solve all. This tactic is a superb big piece of the jigsaw, but to state the obvious to what will be obvious to long-term players, it's still a piece of the jigsaw for any new players out there.

Archived