FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update! won the premiership! and comfortably as well, most of the other teams just dropped points towards the end of season I guess because of their CL commitments :) altough i lost to them all in the away games i just benifitted from only leauge fitures availabe as got knocked out from cup games early.

suarez and coutinho were the stand out performers. aspas value shot off to 16M! didnt know he had a 10M release clause and spartak moscow somehow got him. but no worries, since I'm going to be CL next season what better then to raid Real Madrid!?

I have snapped up Morata for 13M over 36 months and Dani Carvajhal for 19M over 36 months. Keeping a close eye on Illaremendi as their asking price drops month by month but no way I'm paying current 40M asking price. maybe winter transfer season I'll give it a go.

Glenn Johnson was put on transfer list altough he had a great second half of the season, thought the time had come to him and me to make some money so PSG bought him up for 12.25M cash. I thanked him and told he is always welcome back.

decided to change formation to 5-4-1 for next season,so wanted to buy more Central Defenders, though the problem was the ones that can slot right in were really expensive but went ahead and splashed out on 18M over 36 months for Caulker from cardiff.

Gerrard and Hendos contract is up in the summer, no way I will renew those contracts so going to ship hendo now and wait for gerrard to retire. I did renew suarez's contract and he is now the highest paid player but i made sure he ditched his dutch agent before renewing :)

Loaned out Will Hughes and Jordn Rossitier to good clubs where they will be key players till end of season. so really in the market for one Deep Lying play maker who can control the strings for me but not paying over the odds.

I'm not happy with the way I handled things in the pre-season for the start of the second season. I feel like I rushed it because I wanted to get on with the season but I have a lot of new players who are still trying to blend into the team.

I also forgot to resign a couple of staff who I really should have, and I didn't even find any replacements for them.

In terms of transfers though, I'm satisfied, but I am going to start my game again from the last time I saved it before starting the second pre-season (I always do it in case I mess up).

Paisley & Fagan used the 4-4-2 Dalglish used the 4-4-1-1

Actually Paisley used 4-4-1-1 when Dalglish (as player) replaced Keegan.

BTW, my father was a player for CSKA Sofia when they played against Liverpool two years in a row - 1981 and 1982.

Finished the first season! i got pretty lucky and won the treble

Signed

Honda £1.8m back up never played that great

Damiao £7m was awful till i changed to a 4-4-2 then he got a few goals helping me win the league

Gaitain £7m fairly decent but scored a few important goals

Cuenaca released from barca thought he'd be useful ended up loaning him out in january

Sold

Assaidi £5m no plans for him to return

Reina £13.25m also had no plans for him to return

Lots of loans for young players

League - Winners - At one stage i was 15 point behind chelsea until they blew it finished up winning the league by 7 points Man City finished 11th

League Cup - Winners - Beat brighton 2-1 coutinho with both the goals

Fa Cup - Winners - Beat cardiff 2-1 suarez and stirling scoring

Suarez came back and scored 21 in 21 before ending the season on 28 in 40, he was the main reason we were flying towards to the top till mid january, then the goals dried up a bit

Sterling was class 42 games 15 goals and 9 assists

I made the worst thing possible for me and started to mess around with the in game editor, which really took the fun and challenge out of the game. just to make sure and right this time around I'm going to start a new save and make sure the editor is disabled and want to give a try to a X-mas tree formation i been tryin to working on.

Started my first save on 14 as England manager. Wanted to get an outside view of how Liverpool do under Rodgers and how certain players perform after 2/3 seasons. 1st season they won the CC but lost 2-0 on the final day at home to Swansea and dropped out of the top 4 as a result. 2nd season Rodgers was sacked and Spalletti took over. He was then sacked at the end of the season as LFC finished 15th and won nothing. For some reason MacKay was then appointed (favoured ahead of Allegri oddly, possibly because Cardiff finished 4th in both seasons). He got an entire season and was then sacked as LFC finished 12th and won nothing again. What surprised me was that despite being very poor for 3 seasons, LFC still manages to attract big players and keep their big players. Only two major players that were sold in that time were Sakho for £23m to Madrid and Coutinho for £25m to PSG. Sturridge and Suarez both seem very poor though, neither has scored over 20 goals a season. Sturridge in particular is a complete let down, only 3 goals in 35 England caps for me and in the second season he only scored 5 goals all season for Liverpool in more than 40 starts.

Makes me worry a little bit about how much of a challenge it might be with LFC before they release the patch in January/February. Other than Lucas who is ridiculously OP, the rest of the squad looks average/underrated.

X-mass tree formation i was working on was working on me to getting sacked! so had to change it towards middle of november. I was around mid-table cruising. but had loads of injuries to key players. sturridge was out till new years, coutinho was out, well you know suarez was suspended so was really though! most of my signings was me believing that i could get the formation working and was mostly central midfielders. sold reina and assaidi at start, got a good offer for borini but he didnt accept sunderlands wages so couldnt get rid of him.

bought in, chambers, will hughes , ward-prowse , ben davies. so many british blood. I tried to get Montoya and Contrea but they wanted such high wages decided to go for young british.

in november i changed the formation to 4-5-1 custom made by me. and its working great so far, not really high goal scoring tactic but work in progress . I try to tweak it game by game. ts got me in 4th position we are in april now. and i really do need the CL footie as we are down to -40Million on balance!

Secured 3rd place and going to CL directly! I have Brought in Alvaro Morata for a cut down price of 13m over 42 months. thats all i will do in the transfer window till last day when i try to get Victor Valdes as he will ask lower wages. I have faith in this squad, and promoted suso to first team as i would be needing some inside forwards. will only off load Kolo Toure for free to save on wages as he is not really needed. This year is all about getting finances on track! Brought in Eric Steele as Assistant Manager.

and brad jones would be offloaded too.

January 2018 and I am so happy with my squad that I will only buy wonderkids now. This window bought a wonderkid DC for 40 million so my defense is set for the next few years. My midfield is also hard to improve on. Up front Cerri is banging them in. The only question is who should partner him? Suarez and Paloschi are still playing well but don't contribute as much as they used to. I have a 17 year old striker who looks very promising so will see how he develops.

2nd season

Transfers in -

De Bruyne - £7m

Tin Jedvaj - £10.5m

Corchia - £3.5m

Bakkali - £9.5m

Verratti - £12.5m

Butland - £10.25m

Ben Davies - £8.5m

Gabriel Barbosa - £2.2m

Transfers out -

Honda - £17.5m

Borini - £7.5m

Aspas - £6m

Johnson - £12.25m

Agger - £17.5m

Cuenca - £2.5m

Jose Enrique - £14m

Lots of loans out as key players

Squad

GK - Mignolet/Butland

RB Kelly/Corchia

CB Skrtel/Sakho/Wisdom/Jedvaj

LB Davies/Robinson

CM Lucas/Henderson/Verratti/Allen/Gerrard

W/AM Sterling/Coutinho/De Bruyne/Bakkali/Gaitain

ST Suarez/Damiao/Sturridge/Barbosa

I been trying to get a good tactic tailored for my team mix of 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1. playing some lovely footie good possession, over 30 shots a game at least 7-8 on goal, but opposition shoots 2 scores 2. getting really frustrating, liverpool as a squad is really a challnge itself but the logic is out of this patches Match Engine.

Season 5 (17/18) Review

Started the season with the new patch and initially experienced difficulties with getting my strikers to perform. Man City led for most of the season but we finished strongly and they faded.

RESULTS

Community Shield : (lost) Liverpool 0 Man United 1

Euro Super Cup: (Won) Liverpool 2 Man City 1 (Nastasic, Paloschi)

Club World Championship: FINAL (Won) Liverpool 3 River 2 (Puchetta, Suarez, Cerri)

Capital One Cup : FINAL (lost) Liverpool 2 Man City 3 (Cerri 2)

FA Cup : FINAL (Won) Liverpool 2 Man City 1 (Rugani 2)

Champions League: FINAL (Won) Liverpool 2 Chelsea 2 (Rugani, Cerri) 4-3 pens

Premier League : 1st Liverpool 91 pts 2nd Man City 83 pts 3rd Chelsea 83 pts

Alberto Cerri was the premierships top scorer with 31 goals in 27 games

Luke Shaw was the top rated player in the league

EnglishPremierDivision_StatsPlayer_zps8a4cccdc.png

Cerri scored 48 goals in 50 apps overall and Shaw made 26 assists from ML.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-2018_zpsdb786194.png

The icing on the cake was my England team winning the 2018 World Cup. We did the hard way beating France in the quarter final on pens , Spain in the Semi AET and beating Brazil on penalties in the final. Jerome Sinclair scored 6 goals in the competition :)

End of Season 2 - Player Updates.

cz2BIaY.png

My main man. Star in the under 18's last season and pushing Henderson for a starting spot towards the end of season 2. Has been tutored by Gerrard x2 and Lucas x1. Imagine he'll be a first team starter this time next season.

GTIgguC.png

Forever reliable and my Mr. dependant, only been out for 1 five week stint this season otherwise looking sure of himself in that left back role which will be his for years to come.

q79vMlX.png

Currently doing exceptionally well for the u-21's. Has been tutored by Suarez x2 and is pushing Sturridge for a starting spot. Looking to give him more game time in that False 9 role next season and hoepfully push on his stats, mentally though, doing very well.

nKcU7KO.png

Described as a wonder kid, spent the whole of last season in the u-18's only playing in cup games (League Cup) this season he has had to fill in for Skertel when out injured and has performed well, currently in the u-21's with the opinion that he may well be a first team starter for Agger at the end of next season.

[CNTD...]

F3DMD44.png

Not had much first team game time but is still rated highly, as soon as he turns 18 will look to loan him out in the hope he will get a good amount of first team football.

ql4XItG.png

Future star goalkeeper, came through the youth ranks this season. Have high hopes for this one.

Having an absolute nightmare start to my second season, Lost the first two games to Palace and Southampton (finishing with 10 men both games) before going on a three game winning streak in the league and beating Watford in the cup. Started my Champions league with a 1-1 draw at Monaco before Barca tore me apart and it finishing 4-0! Then came Man U and they got a 2-0 win at Old Trafford, had a few draws and a win still but can't seem to hit form and Suarez is still playing shocking, can't get him to score for ****!

As I am about to start the 2019/20 season I thought I would review the players that have been here from the beginning. (Was gonna say have been at Anfield but I am currently playing in the City of Manchester stadium :p)

LuisSuaacuterez_OverviewProfile_zps3d81d61e.png

Luis Suarez has played the most games of any player in my save with 237 appearances and has scored 137 goals. I usually play him up front alongside a Poacher either as a Treq or an AF. He has consistantly played well for me averaging 7.30 over 5 seasons.

Coutinho_OverviewProfile_zps8c996048.png

Coutinho (129 apps 30 goals avg 7.22) is still improving. Played at AML for the first two seasons and is now sharing AMC (AP) duties with Will Hughes.

JordanRossiter_OverviewProfile_zps2b161bc4.png

Rossiter is now my first choice DMC (Regista or Anchor) for Liverpool and England.

JordanHenderson_OverviewProfile_zpsa3cb7ff0.png

Ever reliable Hendo is now only on the fringe of the first team squad but still does the job when called upon. I usually play him as MR (WM or Winger). Also features in my England squad.

MamadouSakho_OverviewProfile_zpsb58d7255.png

Sakho has been my most consistant and reliable defender (averaging 7.36 in his 198 apps) and and is now my vice-captain

MartinKelly_OverviewProfile_zpsbec261e7.png

Kelly originally played DR for me but when I switched to 3 at the back he has done a great job as a DC.

PedroChirivella_OverviewProfile_zps72d53692.png

Chirivella has spent most of the time on Loan but now he will be backup to Rossister in the DM role.

JeromeSinclair_OverviewProfile-3_zpsd903a8b3.png

Sinclair has not broken in to my first team yet and spent a last season on loan at Villa (where he also performed badly) However he has been awsome for my England squad with an amazing record of 24 goals in 26 games for his country!

The only player I regret selling is Lucas as he would have been perfect in my current formation :)

I tried a 5-3-2 formation with wing backs. as it seems liverpool squad is well suited for this tactic. really going well, I got the foundations for this tactic from forums here, but that was utisiling inside forwards on the wings, ı turned one of them into AM and other next to lone striker.

sold reina,assaidi and borini.

bought doria and clyne for now. honda is coming on a free in the winter. man utd bid for him so offered first team and 70,000E a week. dont know if i paid over the odds for him.

not sure if i should terminate moses loan, still need some back up as my squad is a bit injury prone. loaned out sterling as he was not getting any first team appearences on this formation. I might even get back jay spearing as he is not that bad and could use a cover for lucas. bolton doesnt want that much about 5-6M. neither him.

Wing backs are the heart and the soul of this tactic, keep them happy and fit not that easy when you got enriqu and johnson who likes to spend a lot of time in the physio room. so covers for there a must. ı kept cissoko and even returned robinson. and have johnson, clyne and flanagan on the right. and had to train them in the Wingback roles.

Anyone managed to sell players in latest patch with good value ?? I finished first season with the treble yet johnson agger are hard to sell i scraped by enrique and skrtle for on value sell of 7 and 11 mil .... yet im forced to buy players at double amount

This may sound stupid but anyone try re-training Sterling to be a WB in a 5-3-2? Seems like he has a ton of potential but doesn't really fit into the formation.

im not sure about this one as i know sterling has alot of ppm and the higher the amount of ppm on a player reduce the potential points for player to grow im not sure but that i think it works

Archived