FM14 licensing details

I can see from the beta that previous results in World Cup qualifiers are not accurate. In my game for instance, Scotland are top of Group A. Is that a licensing issue?

Yes, SI confirmed it in another thread.

re. Gibraltar - I wouldn't like to be a ball-boy; I'm not that into abseiling.

Just out of curiosity - where do you get licenses for player/club/staff names? UEFA?

I do often wonder this, considering Konami have to use fake team names and used to have to use fake player names also. Although German National Team is a no go for FM :(

If this is more than normal its good, if its less than normal its worrying.

I don't get the fake Germany team why they don't get completely replaced with real regen players after a few years. It seems like 20 years time they will still be mostly greyed out

New license announced - the Gibraltar national team

Hi Miles,

Could you give us people an insight into the work that goes on behind the scenes to get a club/nation licensed? How many hoops do you and your team have to jump through?

Just curious

wilfy

If you got individual licensing deals with a number of national teams, would that give you rights to their results and therefore allow you to approximate more accurately qualifiers?

If you got individual licensing deals with a number of national teams, would that give you rights to their results and therefore allow you to approximate more accurately qualifiers?

No because UEFA and FIFA own the rights to the fixtures and results, not the nations.

Whoever decided that they would buy the licence to results and the like are pretty clever people. Imagine being able to make money out of results if people want to use them. All this is genius in a way

It's been an issue for decades in the Premiership; you can't put fixtures and results on your webpage without paying them a bundle - even the clubs have to pay them.

Hopefully the advanced editor allows us to edit fixtures

Just out of curiosity - where do you get licenses for player/club/staff names? UEFA?
Leagues, firstly and in the case of Serie A also clubs The Fa and BPL are asking astronomical amounts for licensing, hence no top tier England. If You want it, why not annoy your clubs marketing department? maybe they will do something about fees!??

Whoever decided that they would buy the licence to results and the like are pretty clever people. Imagine being able to make money out of results if people want to use them. All this is genius in a way

It's genius if you're a free-market fundamentalist. Given the obscene amounts of money sloshing around the Premier League already, I'd have another term for it.

I think You will find that IRN-BRU sponsor the 3 lower leagues, that Your team are soon to be part of!

I think you'll find that was last season, but why let that get in the way of some good old belly laughs? They're only the soft drinks sponsor, as the SPFL as a whole has no sponsor whatsoever.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
So what's the issue with the German national team? I take it that they appear in the game, but cannot be managed. Or are they simply omitted altogether?

Seems barmy, all this licencing stuff.

SI do not have the license for the German league and consequently we are not permitted to discuss this n the forums

Hi Miles

i would like to know why there are not many African league such as Maroc, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Nigeria. Considering there are big footballing nation in the African continent.

This was discussed a few years ago; I believe the issue is down to the shallow nature of the African scouting pool. In other words, there aren't enough nation-specific scouts in, say, Algeria, to accurately represent the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, obviously.

I'd love to see those leagues in, and I love that they've been created for the Workshop, but it would be nice to have a few of the more major African leagues in the game just for accuracy's sake and for the long-term development of the game (it becomes harder and harder to find decent West African regens as the game progresses, meaning that the Nigerian national team can be impossible to achieve anything with after twenty years or so.)

This was discussed a few years ago; I believe the issue is down to the shallow nature of the African scouting pool. In other words, there aren't enough nation-specific scouts in, say, Algeria, to accurately represent the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, obviously.

I'd love to see those leagues in, and I love that they've been created for the Workshop, but it would be nice to have a few of the more major African leagues in the game just for accuracy's sake and for the long-term development of the game (it becomes harder and harder to find decent West African regens as the game progresses, meaning that the Nigerian national team can be impossible to achieve anything with after twenty years or so.)

Definitely activate the leagues you're interested in - Nigeria especially can become big players

Archived