Have you ever seen a goal like this?

Struggling to believe this goal I conceded at a critical stage of my most important game of the season, the semi-finals of the Champions League. My goalkeeper goes in for a 50/50 challenge with a striker and gets injured. The ball is heading out of play. One of my defenders stops the ball from going out and then stops playing, I assume because of the injury to my goalkeeper. Another of my defenders runs to the ball but steps over it and decides not to play it. The striker who injured my goalkeeper then casually strolls up to the ball and sticks it into the empty goal.

[video=youtube;inszZK-4Tbk]

Play to the whistle. It was your players fault and not a bug.

nice try i hope you like points because it looks like you will recieve some for that!

OP. That is terrible mate feel for you would annoy the crap out of me and ruins the game a little doesn't it when a goal like that goes in. Just hope that you win the Tie if not the game

It's true though. Did the ref stop play? Nope. So Hernandez takes advantage.

Although it wasn't an injury, you remember Gomes Vs Nani season before last? Reasonable similar levels of WTF - but Nani, just like Hernandez, were well within their rights to put it in the net. Not the biggest blunder from a ref is it?

Yeah thats what i call a keyboard breaker. This has always been in FM since the 3D match engine, players just forgetting how to be footballers for a few seconds which of course ends in some of the most stupid goals you could imagine.

There is definitely some sort of bug when playing the ball out of play. In some very rare instances the ball hits a player on its way out, and ends up not going out of play as it was supposed to. This scenario seems like it’s not accounted for in the match engine, causing weird behavior. It has happened to me once, where a player tried to put the ball out of play, hit an opponent, took the ball back and continued running with it. If it was done on purpose, I would have no problem with it, but it is in no way done in a realistic way.

I've suggested this before and I'll suggest this again for SI:

- Lets say we have team X and Y, and the player xx from team X was injured and no one sent the ball out of play, the ref should stop the play after (lets say 5 to 15 seconds - depends on situations), so player xx could receive the required attention.

- When resuming, the ref should drop the ball to the spot of where play stopped, if team X had the position before, team Y should kick the ball back to team X, and vise versa.

- If player xx from team X was injured, and a player from any team (lets say X) puts the ball out of play (exactly as it is programmed now), when resuming (also depends on where the ball went off) team player yy from team Y should play it to (HIS OWN TEAM MATE) who in turn should kick it as far as possible from his area, instead of player yy gives away the ball directly from a throw in (Which is stupid).

I've scored/conceded so many goals with this sort of (incorrect programming) of players and refs behaviors and reactions. (it's simple IF statement programming to correct it)

I believe that in real life, if a player was injured (but not fouled) and the opposite team has the ball, he'll allow them to continue if there is a real chance/half chance as in (Nani / Gomez example), but as soon they lose the position to the other team, if they didn't send the ball off, he'll stop the play to check on the injured player. While in most times if there are no real chance / half chance the ref will stop the play immediately.

As for the video, it's not a bug, it's just not programmed well for injury situations, so if I were you, I'd replay the match.

Ouch.

These things shouldn't happen, but they do (in-game). Couldn't see the commentary, but it might have made more sense/given more context than the 3D ME managed to simulate, maybe something along the lines of 'X miscontrols/is beaten to the ball...Hernandez puts it away'. Basically a case of a 'normal' goal being unrealistically represented.

That really makes the times my defenders run away from the ball look OK, though.

It's true though. Did the ref stop play? Nope. So Hernandez takes advantage.

Although it wasn't an injury, you remember Gomes Vs Nani season before last? Reasonable similar levels of WTF - but Nani, just like Hernandez, were well within their rights to put it in the net. Not the biggest blunder from a ref is it?

oh give it a rest the dispute is about the match engine not the refs decision if you're intentionally trying to be stupid to wind people up and not be constructive i might just report you in this thread, if you're being serious and think the issue is the ref here then wow just wow.

Years ago, prominent members of the SI team would respond to things like this and indeed answer lots of our questions. Don't blaming them for stopping it as they were getting attached with snidey comments all the time. However, I do miss their posts about things like this as it really made you understand the game more.

Perhaps there is indeed a sportsmanship stat and the player who scored has one that's very low? who knows.

oh give it a rest the dispute is about the match engine not the refs decision if you're intentionally trying to be stupid to wind people up and not be constructive i might just report you in this thread, if you're being serious and think the issue is the ref here then wow just wow.

Wow. Just wow. :D

To the OP, why not report this in the Bugs Section if you believe something is wrong? (As seems to be the case).

ouch, bad times

mix ups like this do happen in RL we've all seen mix up mis communication between defenders lead to goals.

That being said, if that was me Id be looking for a new laptop as this one would be out the window lol

If it's a champions league semi, was this a first leg/second leg. Looks like you lost 2-0 would losing 1-0 made much difference?

Perhaps there is indeed a sportsmanship stat and the player who scored has one that's very low? who knows.

There is indeed a Sportsmanship stat, and certain personality types will give you information about a player's Sportsmanship.

Archived