Pep Guardiola sacked from Bayern already

I posted a thread a day or so ago that raised the issue of so many managers especially at big clubs being sacked approx 3 months into a season just because their league form is a bit patchy.

I've had SAF, Wenger, Rodgers, and a host of other big European managers sacked in a few games I have started before December.

If a club is doing really bad and are low in the league, out of various different cup competitions then I could understand it later in the season but I think the way the game works out if a manager should be sacked or not isn't that intelligent and makes me feel the game becomes unrealistic very quickly.

I have just had Brendan Rogders sacked in October/November 2012. What 5 months after he took over? They are 8th and only 6 points off 4th! Also seen Mancini and Wenger be sacked quite often. Made me laugh on FM 2012 when Fergie would get sacked for coming 3rd....AS IF!!!

In my saves, Rodgers and AVB always get sacked before Xmas. Then Martin Jol always gets the Spurs and they soar up the table. Liverpool on the other hand, whoever they appoint, keep lingering in mid-table and selling all the best players while replacing them with rubbish :D

What makes certain managers being sacked so early even more ridiculous, is the fact that Chelsea and Man City seem to put up with relative mediocrity for a long time, with Mancini or di Matteo not even coming under pressure. In my current game, di Matteo has won one FA Cup and not even qualified for the Champions League a couple of times, but is still merrily working away in 2016.

AVB always gets sacked too early. I suspect because the Chelsea researcher did the stats for him for FM13 (as no-one else would be able to I suspect) - I fully expect in FM14 for him to get a boost from this season's Tottenham performances (so far).

I agree with the earlier post, I think some managers seem to get kept on no matter what, DI Matteo pre patch and I have never seen Rafa sacked on the new one? I have seen Villanova (Barca) Rodgers, Villas-Boas and Wenger all sacked after 2 or 3 bad games.

I suppose at the same time, some clubs in real life do sack the managers after 2 or 3 bad games however that is normally Chelsea, the game is basically backwards! Arsenal should set Wenger in real life and don't, Chelsea shouldn't of sacked Di Matteo and did!

Roman Abramovic doesnt sack his managers enough. Roberto Di matteo is still in charge of Chelsea despite finishing 11th!!! in the 2015/16 season. Think they won the Europa League but that wouldnt have saved him after finishing 11th!!

Not seen too many big teams sack their managers on my game. AVB lasted a year, Ferguson and Wenger retired still at United and Arsenal, Mancini is still at Man City and Mourinho is still at Real Madrid although Vilanova did get sacked after about 3 months.

AVB always gets sacked too early. I suspect because the Chelsea researcher did the stats for him for FM13 (as no-one else would be able to I suspect) - I fully expect in FM14 for him to get a boost from this season's Tottenham performances (so far).

Negative. AVB has is in the top percentile when it comes to Potential Ability as of last DB update. His current ability is phenomenal too.

If anything AVB is overrated on FM. His PA is literally up there with the best, which he doesn't deserve to be yet. Should still be -9 or something.

Anyway, this is easily the most annoying part of FM for me.

In my save Chelsea is weird too. Sometimes they'll seem to have plenty of patience, then the next season the manager will get fired a month into the season when they're in 6th or something.

I always just go 'ah, Chelsea. It isnt TOO unrealistic is it?'

He lasted from July 2013 to November 2013 although he did win the German Super Cup.

Their currently 10th in the league, would Bayern have fired him after this (14 games) in real life to you think?

Can't say i would.

TBH, Bayern being 10th after 14 games is the most unrealistic thing here. Especially under Pep - he's not going to change the whole team around.

I literally can't play FM because I want to play only with my favourite club (I just can't get around playing with anyone else), but the board has sacked me like 6 times now in November/December if my team's form is patchy. And I've tried everything, formations, tactics, training, instructions, restarted several times and it's the same thing over and over to the point where I got fed up with it and uninstalled the game. This game didn't allow me to play it the way I wanted to.

I literally can't play FM because I want to play only with my favourite club (I just can't get around playing with anyone else), but the board has sacked me like 6 times now in November/December if my team's form is patchy. And I've tried everything, formations, tactics, training, instructions, restarted several times and it's the same thing over and over to the point where I got fed up with it and uninstalled the game. This game didn't allow me to play it the way I wanted to.

Use the editor and increse the chairmans patience, decrease his ambition. You could also try slightly decreasing the club rep, I remember a number of players mentioning it made the Liverpool board slightly more realistic in terms of goals on release.

The manger sackings are pretty radical on this game and a tad unrealistic it seems also the manager merry go around gets a little tedious after a while I've just seen the Liverpool manager move to Tottenham on my save after just 7 months in charge!!

I think the game needs to do more manager changes in the close seasons as a lot of managers tend to move at that time rather than a middle of the season especially if it's big clubs

I have noticed a lot of managers seem to leave team A - sign for team B and within a month or two leave B and move to another team. Then leave that team and go back to team A again.

Two examples,

Rodgers, sacked by LFC, went to Aston Villa, left them for Spurs and went back to LFC

Also just seen on my mates save this:

AVB - Sacked by Spurs, went to Chelsea (ex club, would never happen), sacked by Chelsea, went to Inter, sacked by Inter, went to Spurs. WTF!

Archived