| Holland        |     Jupiler League             |
| Italy          |     Serie C2                   |
| Portugal       |     Second Division            |
| Russia         |     First Division             |
| Scotland       |     Third Division             |
| Spain          |     Liga adelante              |
| Turkey         |     Second Division            | 
---------------------------------------------------

I doubt anyone will really be surprised, but Wales & Ireland have been removed from my available leagues now.

Firstly SRL well done again on yet another interesting read of a career thread. Decided to let you get a good thread started up before I sat down and had a good read and looks like ive given myself a bit to much to read in one sitting as im only up to the beginning of your champions league adventure with napoli at the minute.

I do have a question though. Now despite playing FM (CM previously) for as long as I can remember (im 28 now and been playing it since I was a in school) I wont pretend to be a god like know all about FM.

I seem to remember people saying that if you added or removed leagues on fm12 it caused problems. I notice you say you removed the Irish leagues etc...does adding or removing leagues on fm13 cause similar issues. Now your well into your save playing in god knows what country now I thought you'll be the best person to ask.

Reason being, although you most likely play 5 years in the time it takes me to do half a season, im now getting quite deep into my own journeyman save (inspired by you and a few of the other guys) and its starting to slow up (processing wise). Now worked my way up from non league to my actual RL club (NCFC) in the premier league and the need for the Irish league etc...in my save isnt really going to be required.

The next worry of mine is, should I remove the Irish league as playable will those teams within continue to produce a similar level of players (as I get OCD when I look at the squad and see it filled with 50% fake players that are just fillers and not players you can sign). In other words a decent level of good(and naff) players will be produced, you just cant view the leagues anymore or play as irish clubs.

Apoligies for the essay but seeing as im doing a fair bit of reading of your work you can enjoy reading mine :p lol

Quite a good start at Southampton :thup: Probably take you a season or 2 to filter through the average players so even from you i'm not expecting a massive miracle just yet :D

I don't expect instant success at all. I am hoping for a top half finish this season with the young players developing nicely. If we can get into Europe through a cup competition that will be a massive bonus.

Firstly SRL well done again on yet another interesting read of a career thread. Decided to let you get a good thread started up before I sat down and had a good read and looks like ive given myself a bit to much to read in one sitting as im only up to the beginning of your champions league adventure with napoli at the minute.

I do have a question though. Now despite playing FM (CM previously) for as long as I can remember (im 28 now and been playing it since I was a in school) I wont pretend to be a god like know all about FM.

I seem to remember people saying that if you added or removed leagues on fm12 it caused problems. I notice you say you removed the Irish leagues etc...does adding or removing leagues on fm13 cause similar issues. Now your well into your save playing in god knows what country now I thought you'll be the best person to ask.

Reason being, although you most likely play 5 years in the time it takes me to do half a season, im now getting quite deep into my own journeyman save (inspired by you and a few of the other guys) and its starting to slow up (processing wise). Now worked my way up from non league to my actual RL club (NCFC) in the premier league and the need for the Irish league etc...in my save isnt really going to be required.

The next worry of mine is, should I remove the Irish league as playable will those teams within continue to produce a similar level of players (as I get OCD when I look at the squad and see it filled with 50% fake players that are just fillers and not players you can sign). In other words a decent level of good(and naff) players will be produced, you just cant view the leagues anymore or play as irish clubs.

Apoligies for the essay but seeing as im doing a fair bit of reading of your work you can enjoy reading mine :p lol

First off, cheers :thup:. Appreciate the comments, and now I shall try and reply to this essay ;).

I don't notice any problems with the add/remove leagues feature, and to be fair, I didn't really with FM12 either.

In regards to removing the Irish league, I don't think there has been many excellent players coming through the ranks in the country. Obviously ones trained in England is a different matter. My game is slowing up a fair bit from the start of the game, but that is what happens when you get further into it and you get more and more players etc on the save.

200px-FC_Southamptonsvg_zps33e811d1.png

SRL88's Career - November 2029 - Southampton

Premier League

Southampton_FixturesSchedule_zps8bc990d5.png

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsc5d3948f.png

I think the final game of the month had an overall effect on my mindset about the month. I was delighted with how we started the month because the Everton game was really tough and we got a very credible draw out of the match. We followed this up with an even better draw against Manchester City. We put in a brilliant shift against them, taking the lead twice but they showed their class by pegging us back twice. I was still delighted that we managed to take a point off them however. Despite falling behind against Hull in the first half we battled back and leveled things early in the second half. We kept pushing and the pressure finally told as we took the lead with just over 10 minutes remaining. The month ended with a disappointing defeat away to Swansea. We weren't at the races on the day and deserved to lose the match.

fifa-world-cup-trophy_zps14eba918.jpg

2030 FIFA World Cup Draw

FIFAWorldCup_OverviewStages_zps5cc50d65.png

Not a bad draw to be honest, or certainly not one I am to worried about. Ukraine and Uruguay won't be easy but we should have more than enough to beat them. I will definitely be looking for us to top the group.

I don't expect instant success at all. I am hoping for a top half finish this season with the young players developing nicely. If we can get into Europe through a cup competition that will be a massive bonus.

First off, cheers :thup:. Appreciate the comments, and now I shall try and reply to this essay ;).

I don't notice any problems with the add/remove leagues feature, and to be fair, I didn't really with FM12 either.

In regards to removing the Irish league, I don't think there has been many excellent players coming through the ranks in the country. Obviously ones trained in England is a different matter. My game is slowing up a fair bit from the start of the game, but that is what happens when you get further into it and you get more and more players etc on the save.

Firstly thanx, really appreciate the reply. Read your career on fm12 and it really is the one most people use as a basis for there own.

Ill make a back up save just incase and take the plunge an remove a few leagues as you did. Seems funny, as on fm12 I could play with virtually all leagues loaded on a large database and not suffer any slowing of the processing time as the game goes on. On fm13 though right from the first click I noticed the massive lag inbetween processing days and ive been forced to try a reduced set up of medium database, less leagues from around the globe and loading of various players from various countries just so number 1 it processes quick and number 2 I dont see the annoying greyed out players when you play a less famous team from abroad.

There were big problems in FM12 with the function, particularly around the Brazilian leagues. If you added them, you could eventually kiss your save goodbye as they would bloat to unusable levels. It seems pretty flawless in FM13 though - I've moved through a large subset of the leagues available in my save (up to 2077 now) and haven't noticed any slowdown.

Very good start with Southampton so far,surprised at how close you are to a Champions League spot.Keep the good work up!

Yeah so am I. What particularly surprises me is some of the sides below us such as Newcastle who have been in the top 4, Liverpool, Everton and even Hull who are struggling despite being up at the top end of the table for a fair few years.

Firstly thanx, really appreciate the reply. Read your career on fm12 and it really is the one most people use as a basis for there own.

Haha yeah, I am hurt that no one mentions me for FM13, but I suppose I ruled FM12 ;).

Good start and WC group.

Cheers dude.

There were big problems in FM12 with the function, particularly around the Brazilian leagues. If you added them, you could eventually kiss your save goodbye as they would bloat to unusable levels. It seems pretty flawless in FM13 though - I've moved through a large subset of the leagues available in my save (up to 2077 now) and haven't noticed any slowdown.

I'm not denying that there were problems, I just didn't come across any :D.

Haha yeah, I am hurt that no one mentions me for FM13, but I suppose I ruled FM12 ;).

Other FMCU careers are available :D

200px-FC_Southamptonsvg_zps33e811d1.png

SRL88's Career - December 2029 - Southampton

Premier League

Southampton_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsfdcb3e05.png

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa14ffeca.png

The busy Christmas period is over as we reach the halfway stage of the season. I am absolutely thrilled with this month to be honest. We kicked December off with an excellent win away to Watford. We were brilliant in the first half which gave us the base for victory. Going into the second half two goals up allowed us to take our foot off the pedal a little bit as Watford rarely threatened. We added a third in the second period to make the game even more secure. Another solid win on our travels followed in the North East. We once again found ourselves two goals up in the game but we became rather complacent in the second half which allowed Middlesbrough to pull one back. Unlike Watford, they did threaten and had some very good chances but we stood firm for another three points. We played well away to WBA and really didn't deserve to lose but it was a case of not taking our chances and we were punished in the final ten minutes.

Our first home game of the month was a frustrating one as we battered Stoke who played for a point the entire game. They never ventured forward at all and how we didn't win I will never know. It left a sour taste in my mouth as I knew we had two very tough fixtures coming up, but the Boxing Day fixture against Chelsea went against the script. This was up there with the Man City performance and we were by far the better team. Chelsea did have their chances but we had double their number of chances. We thoroughly deserved a point, but could have easily taken all three. An even better performance, this time on our travels at Anfield rounded 2029 off as we pulled off a brilliant win. I continued with our style of play and we took the game to Liverpool rather than sit back and it startled them. Much like the Chelsea game we were on top for large spells, especially in the first half. Liverpool were the better side in the second period but we held firm and broke the deadlock with 20 minutes remaining. After that it was about our defensive strengths and the back four were excellent as we held on for a massive win.

League Cup Quarter-Final

Southampton_FixturesSchedule-3_zps33765c4a.png

The first half was key in the game as we got revenge on Newcastle for that poor defeat in the league. A cracking first half saw us control the game and go in at the break two goals up. Newcastle came back into the match in the second half and really troubled us. They pulled one back on the hour mark and we were looking nervy. They probably deserved to take the game to extra-time but we held on for a 2-1 win.

Into the next round we move where we face Manchester City in the Semi-Final.

Top 4 is definitely a possibility

I don't think it is. Yeah we have been excellent so far, but the teams above us are much stronger so as the season wares on we will drop off that pace. Top 7 is my aim now.

A push for Europa League for next year at least.
I think you're easily capable of finishing 5th to 7th, anything else would be a huge bonus.

Agree completely with AcidBurn.

Looks good for a potential European qualification, while it depends on the cups, you're sitting 7 points above 8th so top 7 is likely.

Yeah we have had a cracking first half, but we need to keep it up.

european spot looks good

Indeed.

Odd they are in Group G then.

I never looked at it, but yes, you're right.

Matches like that Stoke game are always frustrating, good that you rounded the month off with a win though

Probably our best win of the season.

Hi

Sorry I haven't been updating so much lately. I mentioned a while back that the DC jock on my laptop was pretty much knackered and it is now fair to say that it is literally on its last legs. I won't be playing this save now until my laptop is fixed. I will be taking all the data I want off my laptop and putting it onto a memory stick so I won't lose the save and then it is going in for repair. Hopefully this week-end!! It then should take 7 working days after that to be fixed and returned back to me, but we know what knowhow can be like (yes, unfortunately they are the ones who will be repairing my laptop).

Cheers

Hopefully it's sorted soon. I had a problem on my old laptop, something small but vital broke in the power socket, and I was waiting a few months while it sat in the repair place waiting for the part it needed. I still had my older one (and still do in fact) but it was considerably slower (especially as the broken laptop had just been SSD fitted (along with W7), and while there is a lot of debate in GD about whether they're worth it, I know that it does 'speed up' long-term careers by only having minimal slowdown as the game progresses). My FM10 career (the longest before my last one) was finished at literally a snails pace, and I had to start my FM11 career trying to balance the leagues I wanted with the slower laptop speed, it was just crawling again when I finally got the laptop back shortly before Christmas, which made its return an immense relief.

Took it into PC World today and its getting sent off. New DC jock, AC adaptor and left/right mouse buttons are what are getting fixed. It shouldn't take any longer than a week thanks to the warranty I have but time will tell on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
Southampton are one of my all time favourite FM clubs to manage. Some absolutely cracking youth products each and every year from there.

Cheers dude. Really looking forward to getting back onto it.

So lads. It has been 16 days since I sent my laptop off for repair. KNOWHOW (to annoy you) have wrote my laptop off and gave me a £350 voucher to buy a new laptop, which I have just done today. When I get home from work I will be able to install Steam & FM and get this save up and running again :thup:.

good news.
Hopefully it won't take long to get back up and running.
Good stuff. Just got my laptop back today as well, lost all my data though so a new career for me which is a bit of a kick in the balls.

It shouldn't be to long, but obviously I want to download all the badges etc before I get back into the save.

Not sure if I am going to get this up again actually. I was fully patched up on my save and having transferred it to my new laptop it won't load the save. I will keep trying, but if it doesn't work then I will have to start a new save.

Not sure if I am going to get this up again actually. I was fully patched up on my save and having transferred it to my new laptop it won't load the save. I will keep trying, but if it doesn't work then I will have to start a new save.

Ouch. Hopefully it works. This was an epic career.

Unfortunately I am unable to get this save loaded back up. I am a bit gutted to say the least, so therefore I am closing this thread :thdn:.

Archived