There and Back Again. A Football Manager's tale by SRL88

SRL88

real_madrid_logo_2882_zps81c31a08.gif

SRL88's Career - September 2028 - Real Madrid

Liga BBVA

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule_zpsdc5cb703.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps28585609.png

I think this was a very solid month for us to be honest. The month started with a very easy game at home to Elche as we found ourselves three goals up inside the first twenty minutes. The second half looked like it was going to be another case of us just seeing the game through but we added a further three goals in the final thirteen minutes to give us a 6-0 win. The Valencia game was just one of those typical games. We played well but just couldn't break them down. We weren't helped when we went down to ten men midway through the first half. That changed the game and Valencia took control. The scored just before half time and added a second after 70 minutes. Although we pulled one back, we fell to a 2-1 defeat. We bounced back well though with a cracking performance away to Sevilla as we strolled to a 4-0 win. The month rounded off with a hard fought and very solid win away to local rivals Getafe.

Champions League Group Stage

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsaa8ddd48.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps5b488258.png

Both games were rather straightforward to be fair. The game against Metalist was very easy. They didn't have a shot at goal and we were in second gear really. Away to Partizan we played really well and took the lead early on. Despite being in control we had to wait until late on to seal the game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I don't know what peoples problem with the ME is. Certainly I don't see why it would affect my choice in players?

What i meant, the match engine changes made quite a difference to goals scored; for example at one point any player with half decent dribbling and pace would run right through your defence.

I just wondered how that affected your take on the games, i don't have a problem with the ME at all; it just must of been interesting playing though all the changes.

Anyways, i've really enjoyed reading this thread, and just caught up with it.

Keep it up :)

What i meant, the match engine changes made quite a difference to goals scored; for example at one point any player with half decent dribbling and pace would run right through your defence.

I just wondered how that affected your take on the games, i don't have a problem with the ME at all; it just must of been interesting playing though all the changes.

Anyways, i've really enjoyed reading this thread, and just caught up with it.

Keep it up :)

Oh. No nothing has affected my transfers. If I think they're good enough then I sign them.

232px-England_national_football_team_logo_2003-2009svg_zpsa81425ed.png

SRL88's Career - October 2028 - England

World Cup Qualifiers

England_FixturesSchedule_zps7d09e96c.png

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSection_OverviewStages_zpsd92258c1.png

Two fabulous performances as we top our group, although we have played a game more. The game against Armenia was very straight forward with Isa Barton grabbing himself a hat-trick. He grabbed another one away to Azerbaijan as he took his record for England to 141 goals in 143 internationals.

What are Belgium ranked?

26th in the world rankings.

Two comfortable victories

Very comfortable indeed. Couldn't have asked for much more really.

SRL88's Career - October 2028 - Real Madrid

Liga BBVA

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule_zps6665e5dc.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps0d1885d4.png

A really solid month which leaves us sat a couple points clear of Barcelona. You wouldn't imagine that we fell behind in just the second minute against Sporting but we did exactly that. Their lead didn't last long as we drew level, and then took the lead pretty quickly but what happened from there was insane. Everything we hit seemed to go in with Sasa Culo on fire as he hit six himself in an 11-1 route. We were left frustrated in the first half at home to Rayo Vallecano and we had to bide our time before finally breaking the deadlock in the second half. We secured the result with just under twenty minutes to go. The Mallorca game was a bit tighter than I would have liked although we were in control. They pressed us quickly which rushed us at times and that seemed to be our problem although we still deserved the win. A draw rounded off the month against Atletico which was probably a fair result, although both sides had chances late on to win the game.

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-2_zps51aa95d1.png

A very comfortable game which pretty much see's us into the next round. They didn't have an attempt at goal until the 87th minute and by that point the game was over as a contest.

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-3_zps5ea1183c.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps336590b9.png

A very comfortable game as we win our third game in a row in the group 2-0. I was surprised at how little Dortmund troubled us as we breezed to another three points.

11-1... Well played SRL :D

P.S. Sasa Culo looks immense - any chance of a screenie?

Cheers fella.

If you go back to page 16 he is linked in the World Cup squad I had for Croatia. He is 32 now though.

Cheers fella.

If you go back to page 16 he is linked in the World Cup squad I had for Croatia. He is 32 now though.

So he is - turns out I'd even looked at him a while back. He's a good poacher, nice to see you've stuck by him. Are you scouting anyone big to replace him?

So he is - turns out I'd even looked at him a while back. He's a good poacher, nice to see you've stuck by him. Are you scouting anyone big to replace him?

I tend to play him on the wing for Real because I have Alex Sandro who I play upfront. I have a couple of good wingers already at the club so there is no need for me to sign anyone to replace him.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsf0959dac.png

Not sure what to do here actually.

Obviously this offer is nowhere near the level of money that Real are offering me but I quite fancy a return to England. I'm just not one for moving midway through a season usually.

Advice needed!!!

That's actually a tough decision,on my save,Ambramovich never actually sacked anyone.I'd say just finish your current season off with Madrid then move somewhere for a challenge!

Not sure what to do here actually.

Obviously this offer is nowhere near the level of money that Real are offering me but I quite fancy a return to England. I'm just not one for moving midway through a season usually.

Advice needed!!

Agreed, although having read Bracken's thread, I am warming to Chelsea on FM. I'd probably take it after your successes with Real.

Well, I'm incredibly biased, but definitely take it :brock:

Abramovich. Not good.
Agreed, although having read Bracken's thread, I am warming to Chelsea on FM. I'd probably take it after your successes with Real.
That's actually a tough decision,on my save,Ambramovich never actually sacked anyone.I'd say just finish your current season off with Madrid then move somewhere for a challenge!
Well, I'm incredibly biased, but definitely take it :brock:

I am genuinely undecided.

SRL88's Career - November 2028 - Real Madrid

Liga BBVA

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule_zpsa70ee35a.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsaf1f51dd.png

A very poor month by our standards. We were brilliant at home to Real Betis and found ourselves 2-0 up inside ten minutes. We added a third before half time before grabbing two more in the second half to make the game even more secure. Against Barcelona we put in our worst performance under my management against them and really didn't deserve anything. We gave ourselves a chance with a late goal but it merely turned out to be a consolation. Another comfortable win followed before a surprising defeat away to Bilbao as we threw away a 1-0 lead in the final 15 minutes.

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-2_zps3b1a0208.png

Very annoyingly this game clashed on the same day as an international friendly which I allowed my assistant Gary Neville take charge of. It did mean we were without nearly all of our squad so to come away with a win was a nice result.

The next round see's us drawn against Alaves.

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-3_zps4d74c907.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsaab6b62c.png

Comfortably through and topped the group once again. Dortmund gave us a much sterner test in Germany and could have won the game easily but we proved to strong for them. Metalist surprised us in the Ukraine to book their place in the next round before we rounded the group off with an easy win over Partizan Belgrade.

I am genuinely undecided.

It looks like a great transfer budget to reshape a squad that's clearly fallen away from where they want to be. Would probably be a bigger challenge than Real, but then again you've only just joined Madrid really. Where have Chelsea been finishing in recent years?

It looks like a great transfer budget to reshape a squad that's clearly fallen away from where they want to be. Would probably be a bigger challenge than Real, but then again you've only just joined Madrid really. Where have Chelsea been finishing in recent years?

They have never finished out of the top 5 since I have started the save and currently lie 7th. I have delayed the deal for a second week. It has really baffled me this one. I am not a massive fan of changing midway through the campaign, but I really do want to return to England.

They have never finished out of the top 5 since I have started the save and currently lie 7th. I have delayed the deal for a second week. It has really baffled me this one. I am not a massive fan of changing midway through the campaign, but I really do want to return to England.

Hmm, you can delay until the end of the season I take it? It sounds like a good opportunity to me, but obviously I'm biased, I'd just say that if you want to go back to England this is a good chance to go with some money to build the squad that you want, and the added challenge of having to start off outside a transfer window and having to make the best of what you've got

Hmm, you can delay until the end of the season I take it? It sounds like a good opportunity to me, but obviously I'm biased, I'd just say that if you want to go back to England this is a good chance to go with some money to build the squad that you want, and the added challenge of having to start off outside a transfer window and having to make the best of what you've got

I can only delay weekly as I am not two thirds of the way through the season. I have a big decision ahead.

Hmm tough one, good luck with it mate, hope you still enjoy the save whichever choice you make

In the end I decided to turn it down. Mainly because I don't want to leave halfway through the campaign.

It sounds like you will be changing for the much sunny climate of England at the end of the season then? :p

That depends on which jobs are available.

My poor beloved Blues :(

Fair enough, I hate leaving mid-season too, just find it annoying

Its one thing to leave in order to better your career but this would just be moving for the sake of it.

SRL88's Career - December 2028 - Real Madrid

Liga BBVA

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule_zps2d758ec8.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps4d69d556.png

Just the two games for us due to other commitments but they were two good results to get us back on track. We played really well at home to Real Sociedad. Alex Sandro gave us the lead and then it turned into the Tanguy Boucaud show as he went on to grab himself a hat-trick. An excellent result away to Celta Vigo followed in what could have been an extremely tricky fixture. We were two goals to the good and looking comfortable but they pulled one back to really rattle our nerves. Luckily, we added a third which seemed to kill the tie as we picked up a very good three points.

Copa del Rey 5th Round

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-4_zps46a75272.png

Two very solid results. We had to work much harder than I anticipated in the first leg. We took a very early lead but Alaves defended well and had a few chances to get themselves level but we added a second late on. The second leg was much more straight forward. We only had to see the tie out but a comfortable display saw us breeze to a 4-0 win.

We have been handed a very kind tie in the Quarter-Final against lower level Cordoba.

Club World Cup Semi-Final & Final

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7ecccba5.png

Very good work and an excellent achievement for us. The Semi-Final was extremely straight forward. We weren't given much of a threat at all. We were given a tougher game in the Final and the first half was very even but we took complete control in the second period. We took the lead right after the interval and two goals in five minutes from Brian Seijido sealed the game for us.

SRL88's Career - January 2029 - Real Madrid

Liga BBVA

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule_zpsce1e1cb1.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsc8e7b538.png

An excellent month with a 100% record and no goals conceded. We kicked the new year off with a very good win on our travels against Granada. A storming first half performance put us well on the way to victory. We added a fourth goal late on in a very comfortable game. A massive 6-0 win followed at home to Villarreal who made it tough for us in the first half. The game ended with us scoring four goals in the final ten minutes of the game. Another solid performance on our travels rounded the month off as we beat Gimnastic 4-0.

Copa del Rey Quarter & Semi-Finals

RealMadridCF_FixturesSchedule-2_zps1481a4c4.png

Absolutely delightful work as we reached my first ever Copa del Rey Final.

In the Quarter-Final 1st Leg we were given a very tough game by Cordoba. They got about us and tried to make it difficult and I was delighted to come away with a 2-0 win. The 2nd Leg was much more straight forward. We were in control for the entire game and it was a case of how many as we breezed through.

An excellent performance in the Nou Camp gave us a massive advantage in the Semi-Final. We took the lead in the game but Barcelona leveled things. We then went mad as we put another three goals past Barcelona to lead 4-1. Barcelona pulled two goals back late on to leave for a much tighter tie ahead of the second leg but we hung on for my first win at the Nou Camp. The 2nd Leg was a very, very easy game. We didn't allow Barcelona to have any shots at goal and we absolutely dominated the game. Two goals were enough to give us a 6-3 aggregate win.

The Final will see us go head-to-head with Athletic Bilbao.

Transfers - In

Pedro Toledo - £4.2m - A very good young talent who joins us as our only deal of the month. Very pleased to add him to our squad.

232px-England_national_football_team_logo_2003-2009svg_zpsa81425ed.png

SRL88's Career - January 2029 - England

Friendly

England_FixturesSchedule_zps73fd855b.png

A delightful win over the worlds number one ranked side. An excellent first half performance was the catalyst to the win as we made Italy look average. We grabbed our third of the game early in the second half and although Italy rallied, pulling one back, we were strong enough defensively to hang on for a very big win.

I wish I knew how you progressed through careers so quickly. And with so many leagues loaded as well. I started my thread is December and it's still only on the third page!

That's not a criticism, by the way. I enjoy following your threads and I don't know what I'd do at work if it wasn't for threads like yours to read! Maybe some actual work? I just wish I could progress my own game this quickly.

I wish I knew how you progressed through careers so quickly. And with so many leagues loaded as well. I started my thread is December and it's still only on the third page!

That's not a criticism, by the way. I enjoy following your threads and I don't know what I'd do at work if it wasn't for threads like yours to read! Maybe some actual work? I just wish I could progress my own game this quickly.

I just have enough time to play. My girlfriend doesn't twist (much) about me playing on FM as much as I do so it allows for me to get through the easons as quick as I do. Saying that, I am nowhere near as far through as a lot of people seem to be on here.

Still can't beat Barce.. :D

Except we did in the Copa del Rey :cool:.

Archived