FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

second year update:

won the league -again- won the CL -again-

i only played for two seasons but i dont know what can i achieve more tbh :(

Set yourself a challenge. I did it last FM with Dortmund, use only or large percentage of German players, and predominantly from your youth system.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little update from my save.

After being away from the game for a week due to a nice vacation, I still haven't finished my first season but I'm into May and near the end.

I already won the league with some games to spare and with around 10 points lead on Bayern M. I managed to beat them good in our home league game, 5-1. I'm into the final for the German Cup, due to play against Frankfurt.

On the other front, I've had quite an interesting and successful CL campaign. After drawing Real M in the round of 16, I lost the first leg away 2-3 but then won the return leg at home 1-0 (Lewandowski with the winner) - it was difficult, but totally pleasing. In the quarter-finals I drew another strong team - Man City. I won 1-0 (Gotze scoring) the first away leg and then won at home 2-0 (Lewandowski and Reus). In the semi-final I beat Feyenord 2-1 in both legs for an aggregate 4-2 victory. Feyenord had eliminated Barca in the previous round! Meanwhile, Chelsea eliminated Juve in the other semi-final, so we are due to play each other in the final....at Wembley.

In the second part of the season, Gotze has been more consistent and better - he is running the show just like I want him to. Hummels has continued to be immense - scores from set pieces and PKs, makes many interceptions and tackles defensively, and still averages very high ratings. Honestly, I've never had him before, but I think he is the best CB in the game. Long-term, I'm looking to pair him up with Kurt Zouma (although I'm very happy at the moment with Juan Jesus and Okore), because I know he also develops into/becomes an amazing CB. Lewandowski has delivered in the big games, but he hasn't continued to score consistently in the second half of the season as much as he was in the first half. That may have something to do with the fact that I've been giving more playing time to Carlos Fierro who has been also playing well, scoring and is developing nicely. Reus has also become a little inconsistent in the second part of the season. One game he can be MOM with goals and/or assists, the next game he can be poor and ineffective. Sahin and Bender are a great pair in my midfield.

As far as tactics, mine has changed a little from what I've posted earlier and I've developed an alternative formation to the 4231 with 2DMs which I used for the CL knockout rounds. My regular 4231 with 2MCs now uses FBs on Support duty, both CBs are on Defend, my AP-attack now has Wide Play set to "Moves Into Channels" (no roaming) and my ST is now CF-attack. In my 4231 with 2 DMs, the defenders are set up the same, the DMs are DLP-defend and Anchor, the AMC is AP-support with RWB often and Moves Into Channels, the AML is IF-support, the AMR is Winger-support and the ST is again CF-attack.

This was supposed to be a "little" update on my save.....LOL. More later, perhaps with screenshots.

so, to summarize for the "later starters" (ie after last update) - which is the best way to accomodate all of Bender's, Kehl's, Ilkay's, Nuri's and at the same time trying to give some important field time for Leitner ad Bittencourt???

Also: how would you use positions AMR-AMC-AML now???

Well, I'd rotate Nuri/Gundogan and Kehl/Bender. Leitner and Bittencourt can play in any of the attacking positions and to me, that's where Dortmund are a little thin. Kehl, being 33, is aging and his contract expires at the end of the season. You'd likely need to replace him then with someone. I know Nuri wasn't needed, but I think he belongs in black and yellow :)

Well, I start Sahin (DLP-support) and Bender (CM-defend) in most games. I got Cristiano Zanetti for free to cover for Sahin and I use Kehl as back up for Bender (Zanetti can cover that role too). I've used Gundogan mostly as back up to Gotze at AMC, because of his PPM "gets forward whenever possible" which I really do not like for a MC playing as DLP. But Gundogan missed the last 2 months of my first season because of an injury. I've used Bittencourt mostly as back up to Reus at AML, but since Gundogan's injury, I've used him as Gotze's back up. Leitner has been used as back up to Blaszczikowski at AMR. In fact the AMR position has been a little revolving door for my team so far. I've used so many players there - Kuba, Leitner, I got Susaetta on loan from Bilbao in January, I've even used Piszczek there for a few games and of course Grosskreutz. But in the last few months of the season, Leitner has made the AMR position his own with some very strong performances, despite the fact that he is only competent at the position.

As for replacing Lewandowski, I don't know yet because I just finish my first season. I'm planning on selling him. Falcao was on my mind as his replacement, he was interested during the season and transfer listed for 35m, but I didn't have the cash (obviously) and now he has just signed a new contract at Atletico M and is not interested in joining me anymore. I've got Carlos Fierro who has been a very good back up for Lewy and is developing very well. But I don't think I can rely on an 18-year old to lead my attack.

Not many top strikers are interested in joining me at this point. The best option at the moment looks to be Jovetic. But since I won everything in my first season, I'm hoping my reputation increases and more top strikers are interested in joining me when the Summer window opens. Damiao looks like a very solid option, if he became interested, because he seems very similar to Lewandowski in terms of attributes and the type of striker he is.

BTW, as mentioned earlier, I finished the season winning everything. I beat Chelsea (managed by Bielsa at this point) 3-0 in the CL final - Reus, Leitner and Lewandowski scored. It was easier than I thought it would be, my team was in control the whole game pretty much. I also beat Frankfurt in the German Cup final 3-2 after extra time in a more difficult final than I expected. They scored first, we turned it around in the second half, then they were down to 10 men but leveled the score 2 minutes before the end. Then in extra time we pushed on and Lewandowski got the winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Since everyone here uses 4-2-3-1, what do you think this will work like?;

-------------Weidenfeller-------------

Plzczeck--Hummels-Subotic--Schmelzer

---------------Kehl------------------

---Bender(BWM/S)--Gundogan(AP/S)--

Gotze(IF/S)----------------Reus(IF/A)

----------Lewandowski(TQ/A)--------

This would mean Gundogan playing higher than he usually does, and Lewy taking on a deeper role, being a focal point and linking play together. Reus would get into alot of goal scoring positions, Gotze being a support. Alternatively I can put Sahin in Kehl's role when I need better creativity from deep. Blaszczykowski wouldn't play as much though.

My transfer targets, which will wait till the end of season, will be predominantly young and German or Polish/Eastern European. I will make exceptions though for the right player. Obviously Lewy is going to have to be replaced, so I'm thinking someone like Kevin Volland or Negredo(or both!). Goretzka too.

Since everyone here uses 4-2-3-1, what do you think this will work like?;

-------------Weidenfeller-------------

Plzczeck--Hummels-Subotic--Schmelzer

---------------Kehl------------------

---Bender(BWM/S)--Gundogan(AP/S)--

Gotze(IF/S)----------------Reus(IF/A)

----------Lewandowski(TQ/A)--------

This would mean Gundogan playing higher than he usually does, and Lewy taking on a deeper role, being a focal point and linking play together. Reus would get into alot of goal scoring positions, Gotze being a support. Alternatively I can put Sahin in Kehl's role when I need better creativity from deep. Blaszczykowski wouldn't play as much though.

My transfer targets, which will wait till the end of season, will be predominantly young and German or Polish/Eastern European. I will make exceptions though for the right player. Obviously Lewy is going to have to be replaced, so I'm thinking someone like Kevin Volland or Negredo(or both!). Goretzka too.

I use 4-3-3 like that, but I play Bender as the DM Anchorman, with sahin as the advanced playmaker as a LCM and gundogan as the box to box player alongside him....I'd have Gotze as a winger instead of an IF and have Lewan as the advanced forward

so, to summarize for the "later starters" (ie after last update) - which is the best way to accomodate all of Bender's, Kehl's, Ilkay's, Nuri's and at the same time trying to give some important field time for Leitner ad Bittencourt???

Also: how would you use positions AMR-AMC-AML now???

Well, i'm using a 3 man midfield just to get the all in. This way i can rotate thse 4 depending on variables. Leitner will get his moments and Bittencourt too.

It'll be quite a challenge to replace Lewandowski if I'm keeping to a German/Eastern European theme. I guess i can make an exception for the striker role. No-one taks my fancy tho.

There's going to be a lot of work needed to retain the Bundi title. Just lost the DF Pokal Supercup against Bayern -2:1.

In fairness they dominated the game on all fronts, but their first by Ribery was a total fluke combined with horrible goalkeeping by Weidenfeller. Lewandowski replied immediately with a fantastic team goal - this showed what we're capable of this season - but a Javi martinez drive was enough to beat us. Not to disappointed since we were missing Kehl, Sahin AND Bender. The boys fitness is good, it's a happy camp and looking forward to getting a few more friendlies in before taking on Nurnburg at the Signal Iduna in a few weeks. If I can get to there with no injuries I'll be pleased.

Also, why on earth do people here sell Gundogan? I don't get the thinking behind such decisions.

Damn it! My save with Dortmund wont load and the game crashes. I got to the start of the 3rd season, after having a very eventful 2nd season. I had won everything again, except for the German Cup where I was kicked out by HSV at the quarter-finals. I won the CL for the second year in a row and again the final was against Chelsea.

Anyway, I wont bother with too much info about that corrupted save now. I'm just going to say that I decided to start a Dortmund save again, as I enjoyed the one I had too much. Hopefully this one will be as enjoyable and even more as the first one. I'm still during the pre-season, played 3 friendlies and I'm about to face Bayern M for the German Supercup. Then I will play a few more friendlies and get the season going.

I've made almost the same transfers as before, with one difference.

Sold:

Subotic to Chelsea for 18m euros

Bought:

Kurt Zouma for 5m + 15m over 48 months

Carlos Fierro for 1m + 3.6m over 48 months

Asier Del Horno free

Cristiano Zanetti free

Lineup & Tactic:

GK - Weidenfeller/Langerak - G(d)

DR - Piszczek/Grosskreutz - FB(auto)

DL - Schmeltzer/Del Horno - FB(auto)

DCR - Hummels/Gunter - CD(d)

DCL - Zouma/Santana - CD(d)

MCR - Bender/Kehl - CM(d)

MCL - Sahin/Zanetti - DLP(s)

AMR - Gotze/Blaszczykowski - W(a)

AMC - Gundogan/Leitner - AP(a)

AML - Reus/Bittencourt - W(a)

STC - Lewandowski/Fierro - AF(a)

Balanced Style

Control Strategy

Pass Shorter

Default CF

Default Closing Down

Default Tackling

Zonal Marking

Drill Crosses

More Roaming

I'm very excited about the prospect of developing a solid partnership between Hummels and Zouma for many seasons. I will post a detailed update with screenshots after the 1st season.

But why?

Obviously because I'm a raving Nazi Tom :rolleyes: Why do you think? Try common sense mate.

Anyway, I idiotically over-wrote my save with my Spurs one, so I have to re-do all our great work :( Am disappoint, but will be quicker getting to this stage again I think. Holidaying through pre-season though.

But why?

Maybe he hopes to manage the national team one day?

I have the same with one of Sheff Utd's prospects, he can end up choosing Italy instead of England like he did on my game and it bugged me because I wanted to manage him for England.

You might be for all I knew/know.

:lol: Even if that were true, It's none of your business. Now please stop derailing someone else's club thread.

@Cleon - Yeah, it is annoying when that happens. I'm hoping to get the Germany job in time for the 2016 Euro's and he'd be a part of the squad. /IRL Gunter actually represented Turkey u'16s then moved to German u'17s and u'19s, so I think it's conclusive that he'll rep Germany. Born in Germany too.

February 2014... Second season of my Dortmund save file.

Having a great time, lots of fun (example: sold lewandowski, bought Lukaku... only to exchange Lukaku plus cash, a month later, with Falcao!!!)

However...

I can't really understand why Sahin is not interested in EVEN discussing contract terms with me, with aims at buying the option of his loan. He refuses to discuss terms, always. I mean, he has a preference for playing for Dortmund... and I am even one of his favorite staff...

Cmon, SI... what the hell?!?

I'll be looking into buying Sahin but his wages are very high. If I can get a similar player for less then I'll do that, but I'm very happy to have him at the club!

SEASON 2012/13

I go into the new season with no transfer window ticked, and will be making no forays into the market until the summer. I have already outlined where I need to strengthen the squad to fit my purpose better. Obviously with Lewandowski wanting out, the whole of next summer will be dominated by what happens with him. This will mean I have a whole season to analyse the striker position, and am already compiling a short list so I can make an early move in June. Otherwise, a different type of goalkeeper will be necessary and I have highlighted Szcesney or Fabianski from Arsenal, the latter being the cheaper option, as suitable candidates.

Tactically, I am going against what most in this thread are doing and will deploy a 4-5-1 counter system. This will make use of our strong midfield options and fast wide players.

AUGUST 2012

DFL POKAL SUPERCUP FINAL

BAYERN MUNCHEN 2: Robben 53’ 55’

DORTMUND 1: Lewandowski 17’

This was always going to be a tough match, given that my big guns had only one game of pre-season under their belts. In honesty we were dominated for possession, but I am very disappointed considering we played so well in the first half. We held our ground solidly, and a spectacular Lewandowski break-away, which saw him drive down the left, cut inside and ping the ball in the far corner, gave us a nice early lead. The second half came and the two Robben goals were really just a matter of poor defending from Schmelzer, both times neglecting to mark Robben properly. Sahin almost bought the tie into extra time with a last minute free-kick. As it stands, Bayern go into the season with a trophy.

DFB POKAL 1st rd

GROSASPACH 0:

DORTMUND 4: Blaszcycowski 18’ 45’ Lewandowski 85’ Leitner 89’

We were made to work hard for this win, with the opposition playing narrow and deep.

1.BUNDESLIGA

DORTMUND 2: Reus 67’ Grosskreutz 90+2’

FC NURNBERG 1: Polter 72’

12 shots on goal tells the story of this game. We created chances for nigh on 65 minutes before Reus finally decided to put his finishing boots on and rifle a shot home from the edge of the box. The introduction of Grosskreutz for Gotze changed the match and suddenly we had more urgency in our play. Nurnberg equalised ten minutes later via sloppy defending from Subotic, and I thought we’d have to be content with a point. The last kick of the match was Grosskreutz, drilling home the winner from the far post after some wonderful vision and crossing from Reus. the feeling after scoring a late winner is unparalleled in this game.

This concludes the opening month. September is more packed with fixtures.

Well, I did say 'most' :D

How is Lewy doing in that IF position? I had thought of retraining him but for the fact he'll only be here for a season.

He hasn't played there too much in all honesty.

I came up with the system when I was looking for a replacement for him. It suddenly struck me that I didn't need to sign a striker to replace him, which was in October/November time. So far he has just slotted in from time to time, sitting on the bench the rest of the time when playing this way. However, he did score twice from that role in a 6-0 win against Leverkusen. :D

Bloody hell, thoroughly enjoying this save. Although in contrast to my previous one this had been much harder. In 6th place, 7 point off Bayern. Only lost once but Lewandowski is not scoring, wheras in the other save he was on every game. I think I have to get a handle on my tactics, because some of our football has been truly abysmal. Nontheless, I think I can hook it back. Unfortunately Subotic is out for 2 months after internatinal duty. He was in fine form. The problem is compounded by Santana only just returning to training and nowhere near fitness. So Gunter is being thrown in. Gotze is playing like crap. I don't particularly have a place for him and he's the last player to go on the team sheet as incredible as that seems. If a good offer comes in for him i would consider selling :eek:

My September and October write-ups to follow.

Bloody hell, thoroughly enjoying this save. Although in contrast to my previous one this had been much harder. In 6th place, 7 point off Bayern. Only lost once but Lewandowski is not scoring, wheras in the other save he was on every game. I think I have to get a handle on my tactics, because some of our football has been truly abysmal. Nontheless, I think I can hook it back. Unfortunately Subotic is out for 2 months after internatinal duty. He was in fine form. The problem is compounded by Santana only just returning to training and nowhere near fitness. So Gunter is being thrown in. Gotze is playing like crap. I don't particularly have a place for him and he's the last player to go on the team sheet as incredible as that seems. If a good offer comes in for him i would consider selling :eek:

My September and October write-ups to follow.

Perhaps that's because you've gone with a 4-5-1 counter tactic.

Perhaps that's because you've gone with a 4-5-1 counter tactic.

No, same tactic as in my previous save, and same player roles(i.e- Lewandowski as a TQ). Not sure what it is but in the save I over-wrote I was making lot's of chances and looked good defensively. In this one Lewy is anonymous, getting no chances and not effecting the game. Reus is still on fire more or less but get's taken out of the game. I have a feeling it's because I have Bender in the team now but I can't leave him out he's so good. My players refuse to release through balls and instead pass backwards. Play just stops :(

Also, don't misinterpret counter attacking as negative and defensive. As Cleon has shown, it can be a very aggressive, attacking style of play. In contrast, I'm utilising the same sort of tactic with Wales in the same save, and our style of play in my first game was magnificent - exactly how I want BvB to play. Similar types of players aswell. Still, we're now about 11pts off the title! Having a similar season to Dortmund IRL to be honest :lol:

Will be very interesting to start a save for me, because I update the DB throughout the year, so I will be setting Gotze to join Bayern the next season, and with Lewandowski not signing a new contract being hard coded into the game, it will be a tough save....Will be interesting to see who Dortmund buy over the summer though, especially if they cash in on Lewan, they'll have a good chunk of money to spend!

I'm seriously considering restarting with my save. It was wonderful and I've gotten through half a season, but the challenge of future transfer of Gotze to Bayern, maybe Lewandowski plus Pep joining in summer is enticing! Who's doing a future DB game?

I'm seriously considering restarting with my save. It was wonderful and I've gotten through half a season, but the challenge of future transfer of Gotze to Bayern, maybe Lewandowski plus Pep joining in summer is enticing! Who's doing a future DB game?

Well I've been using someone's (forget who) DB from January and I've been updating the transfers myself since then, I'm not sure Pep is joining the next season in game because it can't be arranged in the DB, but I can upload it if you like?

It's not hard-coded, but he always does go there after Heynckes retires. Does that happen in everyone else's save?

As for the DB, thanks for the offer mate but I've been working on my own for months. Cheers though :)

Hello guys, i'm about to start my third Dortmund save, only because traitor Gotze is now my motivation :)

I played with the editor a bit, A week after the start date of the game, Gotze is now set to join Bayern, i also made Gotze the most hated personnel of Dortmund :)

Bayern also made me furious with their usual "i can buy any bundesliga star in order to elaminate the competition in the league" mentality, so i made their chairman sugar daddy, gave them about 200M euros of transfer budget, made Guardiola their coach, i also made sure Bayern will scout the best available players, gave a huge boost to their fan profile, also i have canceled the 3 months injury of rafinha, alaba and gomez. basically i have cheated to make my Dortmund save a lot harder.

Now..

BRING IT ON, BAYERN & GOTZE !!!

Btw: I have not touched Dortmund in the editor, just boosted my rivals, thats all. + I will not buy a player to replace Gotze, i will play the Dortmund way, promote Bittencourt & Leitner

I've also started again.

Gotze transfer will go through at the end of season, I've erased the Bayern injuries aswell and I'll increase their budget. Heynckes usually does really well so i'll let him continue till Pep takes over in the summer. I was thinking about De Bruyne long term, but I reckon I'll just give it to Leitner and Bittencourt aswell and buy a replacement . No transfers till summer tho.

How do you do this?

I made all their scouts, their DOF- Sammer and Guardiola 20/20 for scouting attributes.

I also made their chairman ambitious as hell, increased his business/resources and made him sugar daddy.

Then i clicked on Supporters Profile, and increased their fans loyalty & passion attributes.

Archived