FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

that's exactly what I'm getting. the exact same amount. 7 million up front and the rest over months. Nowhere near what I want but I really need some cash to replace him, I don't want him going on a free. I actually managed to talk to him, things were going well, he backed down over wanting to leave according to the text. Then he said my claim to win the CL wasn't showing enough ambition, and redoubled his resolve to leave. I keep offering him out for 35 or so and only people who offer are United and City at the above price. Hoping maybe I can offer him out in the new season and see more offers.

As for the progress of the save, I've been trailing behind Bayern all season, comfortably above the rest of the league, but lagging behind them. I've been in great form since January, and only lost once away to Gladbach in that period. I've just now, with 3 games to go, beaten Bayern at home to go level on points and ahead on GD. It will be a close run to the finish line.

Exactly I want to get rid as he's entering the final 12 months but as Dortmund dont have a lot of money I want to recoup as much as I can for him, I might just have to accept offers around the 20-25mil mark before his value starts to drop I dont want it to drag on aswell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try to hang in there mate, at season end, i kept offering him out for 35m, getting interest but no more offers. It got to end of may and Falcao came on the TL (his move to Monaco wasn't set in stone when i edited the DB so he is still at Atletico) so I went all out to recoup some cash for Lewandowski. I offered him out for 30m and both Chelsea and PSG came in for him, all up front.

Gotze left, Lewandowski went to PSG and i used the money and a bit of wangling with the monthly payments to get Falcao in. Gundogan moved into AM to replace Gotze, and Sahin coming in for 5m permanent move at DLP. I also have Honda coming in on a free in January to properly cover the loss of Gotze to a lesser extent.

As for the league, Bayern fell apart after the defeat to me, and despite losing to Mainz in the second to last game, we took the title. I went out early in the CL to PSG, but I was decimated by injuries in CM with Gundogan, Kehl and Bender all out. Lewandowski was underperforming due to wanting to move as I kept harassing him to stay :D

I'm generally happy thus far though, I'm enjoying the dynamic of the young team, and I've promoted a number of potentially good youths to take the place of a few older guys I let leave on a free and some sales to further balance the books.

Moral of the story is, maybe you can go the same route, utilize Lewandowski till season end, wait till the AI decides it has cash to spend and comes in for him. Interestingly, at the end of the season, his value went UP from 15m to 18m not down, so maybe that helped the sale along. Let me know how you go.

EDIT- Just thought I'd add this in here, first game of the season and this happens

2013-05-28_00002_zps05c6d332.jpg

Seems it would've been a great season for the new man.... but in the very next game, he got chopped in two in the first 20 minutes and out for 5 weeks. :(

Thats the main problem I had. I was panicked to hell nearer the season end, as there is little money given for transfers and there is noone even close to taking his place. He does have another season, and I'd say its preferable letting his contract run down than letting him go for anything less than 30m really. Specially considering his low wage of 25k or so.

I'd rather have his services for another year without having to come up with a sub par panic buy. I sold him for 30m and even though according to finance screen 100 percent of transfer sales goes to the budget, it just doesn't, and i ended up with 18m, hence needing to do monthly payments for Falcao. I fell REALLY lucky him coming along at that point, managing to sell Lew and getting him in, as initially Falcao refused to discuss a contract. First big decision of the save though really isn't it.

Its also worth noting that as soon as i bought Falcao, it popped up in my news feed that Real Madrid got Chicarito for 10m. Not saying I could've competed with them for him, but maybe if I got in there first I coulda had him before they got a sniff. Maybe you could look at him and see if you can snatch him for cheap. he's not a replacement for Lew directly, but he's quality nonetheless.

Summer 2014

Transfers

In:

Sergio Romero 4.6M

Danny Welbeck 13M

Suso 13.5M

Denys Garmash FREE

Regen lb 2.3M

Hopefully a few more good regens

Out:

Weidenfeller FREE

Bittencourt 7.5M

Schieber 10.25M

Tsepo Masilela 4.6M

Blaszczykowski 20M

Didn't want to offer Weidenfeller over 50K a season, Romero is more than capable till my regen is ready. Bittencourt I just don't like, never played well, Suso is better. The others were just backup I didn't need.

Suso is one of my favourite players and he always develops well so hopefully he comes on, as backup for Kovacic.

That's a new one on me, but it's good news for you!

Right now I'm in December, just approaching the transfer window. I have no funds at all, even though I have 94 million in the bank. Honda will be coming in on a free, which I'm hoping improves my fortunes.

Bundesliga standings 2013/14

Untitled_zps35490032.png

As you can see, Bayern are beginning to pull away slightly now. I've hit a bit of a rough patch, I've had a few away games lately and I've been unable to get a result. The 4 draws I have 3 of them have come more or less in a row, losing leads or going behind to one shot early on. Weidenfeller has been putting in some shocking performances, so it's time to look for a replacement soon I feel.

Beyond that I think the main problem is my attack. Falcao is brilliant obviously, but when he has an off game, the team look totally toothless. Reus is performing marvellously, leading the league with his average rating of 8.07, but it's goals I'm struggling with outside of Falcao.

I can't see us catching Bayern this term without a minor miracle or Honda bringing his current amazing form for CSKA here and helping out in front of goal.

In other news,

the CL group has just come to an end;

Untitled1_zps5306d6fa.png

Has anyone else seen Celtic doing so well so early on in the game in europe, despite what I considered a fairly tough group for them? I managed to scrape a draw against away 2-2 after being 2-0 down, and they've won every other game in the group right up to the final match against me, where I got a 2-0 win at home that was nowhere near as comfortable as the scoreline suggests.

His determination went up 6 points in a month as a result of it! Anyone seen this before? He is a regen from my academy.

Did you have to fine him/give him a bollocking or anything like that recently? Have seen the message before and ot has always been something to do with thse things.

Did you have to fine him/give him a bollocking or anything like that recently? Have seen the message before and ot has always been something to do with thse things.

Nope he came through the academy and has only been with me for a year or so. Never had an issue with him, just came out of the blue.

Finished my 2nd season and all in all a great one. Managed to win the league by 10 points and the cup. Champs league was a disaster again I got well beat in last 16 to Real Madrid. I don't know how you guys are finding the players in Dortmunds squad but one player who has surpassed all my expectations in Julian Schieber. He played 39 times for me this season scoring 40 and assisting 20. He also got injured but in the league still managed 29 goals in 28 appearance. Volland had a great first season after Lewandowskis absence.

I notice a few of you struggled with Lew. I offered him out for £50m and got 2 bids of £23m and one from Barca for £45m.

Once ive finised my end of season ill post up who I have bought and sold. Got Lamela on his way in from Roma and just been issued £24m as transfer budget.

@ada5tra Celtic were ridiculously good on my save too. They basically played like they did against Barcelona last season but in every single Champions League game. It's fair enough now and again as they do have great determination and support at home but the quality of their players is so out of proportion with their results in Europe.

I also signed Honda on a free, more as a transition player between Gotze leaving and Bittencourt being ready for the first than as a 1st choice. Basically played him in every cup game and rotated him in the league whenever a first choice CM needed a bit of rest, he scored plenty and was decent enough before selling him for around 15m before he hit 30.

Seems you did well there scott, maybe the key is cutting your losses and offering him out earlier. I have to admit that to my detriment, i was totally unaware that the game had been changed regarding Lew and he was coded to not sign a new contract, or I would've started offering him out earlier. Still, it worked out ok, he played well the first season helped me to the title with 20 goals in 33 league appearances and i got 30m for him to get Falcao in.

Lamela is a nice signing, I'm 2 games away from the end of season, and I'm level on points with Bayern, but a worse GD.

Yeah jake its odd, they qualified out of my CL group which I thought was a pretty tough one for them, and then they went on to beat Porto in the first knockout stage before finally losing to Man City in the quarters.

As for Honda, he has been an inspired signing, playing as AM he has actually been the key I was looking for to weigh in with goals when Falcao was off song. Its worked beautifully, nearly every game he hasn't scored, Honda has got one or two. 10 goals and 3 assists in 18 games is ok by me, and I feel without him we wouldn't still be in the hunt for the title, as I was drawing and losing too many just because if Falcao wasn't carrying us, we looked rubbish.

I've been rotating a few youths into the squad, Bittencourt has been covering the right and rotating with Honda in lower profile games and doing ok, as well as Leitner rotating in the DLP position with Sahin and Gundogan and doing really well. I may sell Sahin for a profit next season and stick with him from now on.

End of season update soon and maybe some signings, as Weidenfeller is going on a free and I want to shore up some vulnerabilities in the wingback spots, as Piszczek for one tore his hamstring for 2 months at a crucial stage, so I've been using Julian Koch, who has done fairly well, but gets exposed a lot, as does Schmelzer.

@ada5tra

I looked at Falcao but he signed a new contract and due to Schieber being unreal on my game and Volland coming in my strikeforce was great last season. In total I scored 92 goals in the league so cant complain with that. Below is my transfers in and out for the last 2 seasons.

Season 2012/2013

Transfers in

Carlos Fierro - £3.4m

Dedyrck Boyota - £1.5m

Shinji Kagawa - £11.75 rising to £19.5m

Romario - £FREE

Transfer Out

I just sold younsters and fringe players as it was the start of the game, only got £900k in as I thought id see what the squad had to offer.

Season 2013/2014

Transfers In

Douglas - £FREE

Phil Jones - £18.5m

Ter Stegen - £19m

Cristian Tello - £8.75m

Luke Shaw - £6m

Alan - £2.8m

Lys Gomis - £375k

Kevin Volland - £17.5m

Angelo Henriquez - LOAN

Jan Oblak - £FREE

Sebastian Corchia - £10.5m

Transfers Out

Gotze - £32m - Bayern

Blaszczykowski - £20m - Chelsea

Santana - £6.25m - Roma

Langerak - £1.3m - Pescara

Lewandowski - £40m - Barca

Weidenfeller - £5m - Stuttgart

Piszcek - £14.5m - PSG

Douglas - £4.4m - Man City (Fell out with me so sold him in January)

Im currently in the end of my second season so I will post up what business I have done shortly. I currently have £48m in the bank any ideas on who to splash it on. I have been offered the Arsenal, Athletico Madrid and Bayern Munic jobs in the last 3 weeks haha.

Ha, things are going well then. Schieber was terrible for me, he just didnt work with my system and with Lew only missing one league game all season and doing well, he was surplus. He was however key in giving me the last bit of funds from his sale to initiate the Falcao deal.

Lotta transfer activity from for you there, I think there may be a lot in my game as well now, season has just finished so I'll post a roundup of my season soon, as well as what I'm hoping will be some serious transfer business as well.

Yeah ive noticed a lot of people just play with one up front with Dortmund and 3 behind. I have my formation I have used on a few games just slightly tweaked but with 2 up front. Im looking at Leandro Damiao for my 3rd striker he is unsettled but they are wanting around the £35m mark, any experience of him???

I always seem to have a lot of transfer activity you should see my reserves and under 19s they are all shipped out to help with budget. at present im only spending about £790k per week on wages.

I cant stand having people of needless wages in my youth and reserves and current squad so like to ship them out haha. Yeah keep me posted with how you get on also good to see how others do.

I've never signed Damiao, but this is the second time I've seen him on the TL list and unhappy, he was on early in the season, then he signed a new contract, now he's on there again. Keep looking at him, but I'm unsure.

I may follow your lead on shipping people out next season, my wage bill is nudging a million now and I'm losing cash in months where I don't have as many games or the winter break hand over fist.

I've got a decision to make as to who to ship out and who to bring in, whether to go hard core or stick to what I had in mind, and try to keep the team together for the most part, and bring on the youth. One thing is for certain, a keeper is a must.

I am making money every month now, bringing Kagawa back was a great decision as shirt sales and being Japanese boosted saled, plus he is awesome aswell. I got rid of Weidenfeller after the first season and bought Ter Stegan, he is a beast and being German helps for Champs League quota etc.

I might take a punt on Damiao as I have fancied buying him for a while. I tell who has always been a great signing on FM13 for me is Boyota, good solid centre back, I bought him on a Notts Forrest game I did and I was getting bids of £20m for him.

Is there anywhere else you need player might be able to give you a few ideas?

2013/14 Champions it is then

league1_zps78e235e9.png

The key was the second to last game of the season away to HSV. Bayern were losing, and we were 1-0 down, so we were both still level on points. I equalized, then went 2-1 down. team made a massive turnaround in the second half and we came out to win 3-2, with the man Honda scoring the crucial goal. Was plain sailing from then on.

Key performers

stats1_zps489d0362.png

Reus was a beast again cutting in from the left as inside forward, strangely not scoring as many as last season but getting a lot of assists, which is fine by me :D

Gomez was unstoppable for top scorer. He single handedly destroyed me with a hattrick when I played Bayern away and never looked back. Stand out performer for me definitely Reus for his overall rating and his assists, but Honda runs him a close second, for contributing 12 goals and 2 assists in 18 league games, doing exactly what I bought him for.

In other competitions, I was pretty dire again. Went out in the CL first knockout round for the second year running, in similar circumstances, losing away 2-0 then only managing a 2-1 win at home, this time against Man Utd.

Lost in the cup final to Koln.... a 94th minute winner :mad:

Now onto the new season and some signings hopefully!

Looking good there, only 2 defeats aswell. Im still in pre season and not spent any of the money I have in the bank from sales and budgets.

Who you thinking of buying then any ideas?

Yeah two defeats but a lot of senseless draws and going behind constantly in games only to have to totally change tack, throw in some considered shouts and a pinch of luck to steal a win. It was by no means comprehensive, and I think if a few of the games I came back to win went the other way, I could've finished below HSV lol

I've not thought who to buy really. Lucas Moura was listed, i checked him out and he was up for 13m so i decided to go for him. I'm still looking for the keeper. I obviously checked Stegen out, as he is pretty much a given on any save I play where he would be interested. Tried for him and got this message :D

stegen_zps3b2407ec.png

I've been trawling a lot of keepers, but generally anyone I want is not interested or way too costly. Tottenham quoted me 22m for Lloris, which is too much, but I have no decent keeper at all, so I'm seriously considering it against all my better judgement as I'm pretty desperate. I've got a couple of outgoings so far, but I'll probably round all business up when its concluded. any keeper ideas?

Wow £52m looks like you wont be getting him any time soon. What type of budget are you on for a GK. I still have £48m to spend but I want just want to attract that little better world player, a bale would do perfectly but at the moment nobody jumps out at me, so I might keep it in the bank and see.

You never know the worlds best regen might appear from nowhere for me haha.

I've got 22m to spend right now, but I've got another 32m coming in from sales. I may just go with Lloris, he's really good and more than capable for a team like mine. He's rated 4.5 stars key player and not far from his peak years so I may just go for it.

He should be a good shout, the other one is Courtois from Chelsea he should be a cheaper option and is always a beast on the game. He normally falls out of favour at Chelsea as they have Cech. Who have you sold?

Yeah I tried Courtois right after Stegen, but Chelsea wanted 37m for him. Lloris will do a job.

I sold Błaszczykowski to Real Madrid (chuckle) for 17.5m and Sahin to Bayern (guffaw) for 15m. Not bad business considering he was a good performer for me and i only paid 5m to buy out the clause in the loan deal. I've got a bit left in the kitty, so I may look around for a few decent backups. I'm woefully understaffed at LB and DM now, as Kehl was the only other DM player i had to replace Bender.

I bought Luke Shaw for LB for £6m, great prospect. Also if you could get Corchia, I paid £10.5m he plays RB & quickly trains to LB but he is unreal. I will post a few shots up of my players in a few minutes.

As for Bender I play him CM but defensively and I find Gundogan steps in easily in his postion with Leitner coming into Gundogans position.

Yeah thats how I play him as well. I think I'll get by, I'll check out some o those guys and how they're doing, and go from there.

I'm a bit gutted really, as there was one keeper I totally overlooked and forgot about. Just got a news report about agent offering around Victor Valdes right after I finalised the Lloris signing. Checked him and he was out of contract going on a free, plus willing to join :D Wages were a bit higher, but not 22m worth higher. Ya live and learn

Yeah but I always think Valdes has a good few errors in him plus he must be 32 in the game, at least Lloris has age on his side and you can grown a team around him.

Check how that Schieber has done for me:

34peu81.png

343t8ya.png

And here is how Volland looks for me now:

15yx9qb.png

Ha yeah, but for free and a keeper still in his prime, he would've been excellent, even just short term until I managed to get some serious cash in the coffers later on. The game is just trolling me, Stegen has demanded a transfer now, and is listed for 20m.

I deffo need a LB, I'm seriously lacking so I'll have a look ta. As for Schieber, he was awful, I sold him on, and I have just seen him on the TL from his new club, worth 4m with truly woeful stats. Difference is rather astounding.

That's the thing that amazes me with this game how each one can be so different. I keep looking at him thinking should I cash in but every time I play him he is like Messi haha.

It is frustrating when that happens but so beit now you have Lloris he isn't exactly a bad buy. Jovetic has come up on mine and that guy looks like a beast so he might be taking a chunk out of my budget. As I have loand my other strikers out I need another but the bonus if I do go for him is he can play on the wing as cover too.

What month and year are you by the way, I have just got Wellington Nem agreed to join me on a free im in summer 2014 he will come Jan 1st 2015, great squad player or money maker so is a must.

Chelsea have just put Blaszczykowski on the list for £8.75m a year after I sold him for £20m to them haha.

Just about to start 3rd season now, end of july I'm at. Bayern have Nem on mine. I went looking for him early in second season and he was there. I was gonna go and buy Lars Bender at one point just for the laugh but Chelsea have him. The teams in england are building pretty formidable sides. Man Utd just got Vidal from Juve and Fergie has retired. I was touted as being in with a shout for the job, and then Mourinho declared his interest, so they've got a great side and a great manager now too. They also bought Sandro and are utilizing Nick Powell (they had the cheek to play him in our CL final against each other) so it's all looking bleak for the CL for me.

Very similar to mine that pal, Sandro is at Man Utd aswell. Lars Bender went to Chelsea for £40m couldn't believe that.

Would you buy Jovetic for £28m?? I have the cash and have the option to do so.

Depends how much you want him I guess. With how your forward is performing I'd probably wait, but he's a fairly big name signing. I've had him a few times in game and he's never really performed for me, but as we've just been discussing, that doesn't mean anything

Yeah im a bit unsure my self but I know you have to pay £20m if you want him. I might just try and unsettled him to lower the balance and maybe look for a youngster as a bargain for back up. Plus he would probably want a large wage.

Any ideas or options where I can spend the money haha I need a third striker of some sort.

Not really mate, you seem to be pretty set, if I were you I'd be waiting for some good regens now or looking for youngsters. Seems you deffo need a reliable striker though, either as good cover or someone who can ensure you goals to rotate with your main man.

I'm hoping I see some good guys coming through my academy this season.

Haha I had exactly the same mate as Guardoila went to Man Utd on mine, I then got offered the Arsenal job the week last and then the Athletico Madrid job after that. Obviously rejected them all as im Dortmund through and through haha.

Its mad me actually saying one of my main men at the moment is Schieber haha someone who in all my other games ive heard nothing of.

I must admit I have checked out Bayerns team and it doesn't look that good on mine, like you said a lot of English clubs have come in and raided them.

Bayerns side is still insanely strong, but they aren't really adding to it as of yet. They've made a few silly signings, Wellington Nem aside. Done poorly in the CL too surprisingly. Maybe the new manager will change things up.I have a sneaky feeling I'll lose the title this season, but if I perform better in europe I can accept it.

Schalke had a strong season in mine better than I expected. Bayern have sold a lot of there big guns, just bought Luke de Jong they have players who are good but not world class.

I have found a very good regen English player but its between me and spurs at tribunal for £800k so fingers crossed I can pull that one off.

Im getting closer to the beginning of the season now, although have a friendly with Arsenal coming up they offered me £500k to play them so I took it.

Here is a screenshot of my current squad, there is a few in the reserves like:

m93sdh.png

I'd deffo have him back. In a heartbeat. He was immense my first season, he was more or less doing what Falcao and Honda are doing now, only better. His assists and goals were awesome. The fans would love you, he's german, brilliant, and had a year at Bayern. No downside to that.

How has Ilkay Gundogan played for you guys? Year 2 he was an absolute beast for me in the AMC role with 10+ goals. Season 3 he has been injured and I also bought Halilovic who has come in and played amazingly well at such a young age already. Im torn whether I should sell him or keep him as he is still young, but have Bittencourt coming up through the ranks as well.

Gundogan has been brilliant. I had a slight issue with him at one point, as he wanted a new contract, I said I'd give him one if he proved on the pitch he was worth it. Then like a fool I totally forgot about it and he requested a transfer. It passed pretty quick, I gave him his contract and right now, I'm 16 games into the 3rd season and he has an average rating of 7.85 with 5 assists and a few goals, despite him bring moved all over the midfield to cover injuries because right now my squad is slightly too small. 90 percent pass completion too, as well as 80 percent tackles won from 110 attempted lol guy is a bit of a beast.

Bittencourt is coming along well too, he's only had 5 starts but when called upon he's been solid already.

Gundogan is coming on well for me both him and Leitner have been brilliant and being home grown I don't think I would part with.

@ada5tra

I just couldn't refuse it. £33m and Gotze is back at Dortmund a year after he left:

2s01o9y.jpg

vz937l.jpg

Lets hope I don't regret it but at a young age and £33m I think its a good bit of business

£105k a week he is on which was the max I could offer but ive got him on a 5 year deal.

I signed Ryan Giggs & Rio Ferdinand as coaches by the way they were on frees and are coming along good if you need any cheap backroom staff.

I now have 4 to rotate in Reus, Kagawa, Lamela & Gotze ... Not a bad problem to have!!!

I'm struggling to hell with the board being gits. I sold 32 million worth of players, and had a 22 million budget. I bought Lloris, and that woulda left me with 32m, as my return from transfers is 100 percent. But sadly not, I got 6m. It ruined my plans for strengthening and I'm operating on a barebones squad. I've had a few injuries to the midfield, my least populated position, and its really putting the pressure on.

I just lost away to Bayern for the 3rd season running and now it's thrown me right back into the mix, as Schalke have come from nowhere this season to put up a serious challenge. 17 games in and I've lost 2 already, compared to 2 all season last term :D I can see this going badly heh.

And to top it off, I've just drawn Barcelona in the CL first knockout round, so it looks like once again my foray into Europe will end early.

Keep in there but one thing I have noticed is that the board is tight with money, I think the only reason I had a £24m kitty was because I had £15m in the bank still at the end of the season. Im about to start my 3rd season I have won the league in my first 2 so I am hoping for the same. But where I really have struggled is in Europe, I cant get past last 8 or 16 of Champs League.

On another note Gotze has just got injured on international duty for 4 week haha.

I always sell once July 1st has clocked over so the board don't do me over that way I get the full 100%.

Archived