FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

Yeah they're really bad. I have 113m in the bank and they refuse to budge the budget at all. Vidal came on the list unhappy at United. I wanted him, they were only asking 25m. I asked them to negotiate it and they flat out refused.

all my new signings seem to get cropped. I signed Falcao, he scored 5 in his first match, then got injured for 5 weeks. I got Moura and he was injured in his first match for 4 weeks.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like your having a torrid time of it. I have been lucky with injuries to be honest and I wouldn't say the board have been that bad with me they upgraded the facilities as I ask and that's about it. I think the day someone comes on the list I really want but don't have the money then ill want their help.

How has Falcao done overall he is on the list on mine they want stupid money but on his age and salary im not sure I could justify it.

He's done well. He's not really been ungodly, but he's done his job. he got 22 in 27 last season and he's got 15 in 17 this season. when he's good he is good, but he seems slightly inconsistent. He disappears in some matches and will get terrible 5.9 ratings out of nowhere and do nothing all game. I suspect I need to look further into his role and adjust my tactic to get the best out of him, so he's not isolated or being marked out of a game, but tbh, it's working ok and he's not exactly going ten games without scoring. Honda and Reus are picking up the slack a lot when he has an off game, so I can keep going along for now.

My wingers are key to my formation play my first cup game and Schieber took all of 14minutes to score, how everyones game is different hey. I hope I have a good season, pre season went well but now is where it all starts. I still haven't picked any points up away to Bayern either and talking of Schalke they did the double over me last year.

Bayern are terrible for me, I actually did well this time, I was better than them at points, usually they just crap all over me away, and Gomez runs riot. My strange bogey team is Mainz. They always run me close and they've knocked me out in the Cup once as well as usually scoring first against me before I finally overcome them.

Reus has been epic in nearly every single match. I don't recall ever having a more consistent winger.

15 goals 14 assists in 29 games first season

14 goals 18 assists in 26 games second season

12 assists in 17 games this season, though his goals have dropped off, only 5 so far.

I must admit he is like that on mine, aswell as Kagawa on the other side.

I seem to beat the smaller teams quite comfortably although I have conceded a few, but on the other hand I have scored a bag load against them.

Talking about injuries Scheiber has just got injured for 4 weeks now, I hope im not getting your luck.

I have also loaned out Koray Gunther the first 3 and a half years of my Dortmund save. Hear he turns out good, but with Sabotic and Hummels, I feel there is no need to keep him on the bench when he could be out getting first team experience on loan. What are you guys doing with Gunther in your games? Id like to give him a chance next season, but we will see. Santana will be sold at season's end, and I just got E Garay on a free transfer for backup depth.

I've been using Gunter in the lesser games. Or at least teams I consider lesser. He plays in the cup too. He's rated at a 3 star future but thats highly subjective, his stats are coming along ok, It's nearly time to get him some tutoring to get his mentals going and then I'll be rotating him more.

Julian Koch is doing ok as well, invaluable backup seeing as I am really short at full back on both sides. His stats and performances are well enough for backup and he never complains.

Hit the transfer window and picked up Cirigliano to rotate in the middle, what with all the injuries and lack of funds, 2m for him was ideal. I know he turns out brilliantly, as I've had him at a lot of teams, but he may struggle with progression now, after languishing at River for two seasons, as his stats are nowhere near what they should/could be. See how he goes I guess. He's still only 22 and is already rated at 3.4m so even if I sell him on after a season I should make a bit of cash off him.

Nice result! What year are you in?

I'm nearly at season end again right now, 5 games left, I just lost a ridiculous game away to Koln 4-3. They were 2-0 up before half time, I changed tactic and shouts pulled level to 2-2. They scored again, I again levelled it up then they scored a diving header in the 93rd minute. I loathe this game sometimes :D

Real chance of me losing the title with that result, Bayern are 2 points behind with a game in hand :( Will update when its over.

So we're down to the last game of the season, and the game has seemingly unwittingly conspired to make it a corker.

topleague_zpsab42de6b.png

league_zps7a070074.png

1 point clear at the top with one game to go..... So of course the opponent is Bayern :D I usually do well against them at home, but after a silly 3-1 loss the game before, and Bender deciding to get sent off in that game too, it's all up for grabs.

Season 4 matey, Just had a massive squad cull in the summer as well selling around £200 million worth of players so im pleased i haven't ruined the cohesion too much and blooded my regens hehe.

Ha how odd, it seems most of us are all around the same time in game. I've just got to pre season for my 4th season, I'm having a mass clearout as well, as a lot of players contracts are up in a year, and they are wanting insane wage hikes they aren't gonna get.

I'll post a list of ins and outs when its done :D

Thought I'd post a snippit of how my Dortmund save is progressing for some interesting reading.

First of all my transfer policy is simple. I'm going with the 5 year plan. But as soon as the 5 seasons are up not only will I refuse to use any of my transfer budget, my first team squad will be made up of 'German only' nationality. My aim is to make my team purely self sufficient. All players will come from my youth academy or from other clubs academy's in the league. Minimizing any outgoing transfer spending. My wage budget will be at a reasonable setting. Its not going to be quite Wenger tight but well controlled. Effectively making my Dortmund the most efficient and, hopefully, dominant team in football.

As it goes I am entering my 3rd season in charge. We have '1 German First Division Championship, 1 German Cup and 2 German Super Cup' trophies under our belts which is handy to keep any pressure off.

I also fell into the 'Lewandowski Sale' department. He was shipped out in the opening summer for £35m to Man City. My other outgoings up to now are:

Julien Schieber - Leverkusen - £9.5m

Jakub Blaszczykowski - Bayern - £27.5m

Illkay Gundogan - Man Utd - £33.5m

Romain Weidenfeller - Koln - £2.5m

Alot of others have left after there contracts were up; Kehl, Owomoyela, Kirch etc.

I feel I've done some good business in the market though to build my team for now and the future. Bringing in the likes of;

Andre Schurrle - £19.5m

Oscar Cardozo - £10.5m

Leon Goretzka - £4.9m

Marc-Andre ter Stegen - £15m

Lewis Holtby - £13.25m

Sebastian Rode - £3.7m

Lukas Podolski - £14.25m

Kevin Volland - £11m

Also Frankfurts relegation after season 1 was great as I picked up Sebastian Jung and Bastian Oczipka for a combined £6m. Very good full back cover.

Again throughout my endeavors into the transfer market I've been very wary of the nationality of my targets. Oscar Cardozo being the one foreign signing I was made to make due to the late sale of Lewa.

I've had great luck with regens from my own ranks aswell as others. Heres a few for the future,

ralfgruber.png

nilsconrad.png

matthiashamidovic.png

lotharweber.png

janniktwyrdy.png

erwinschiele.png

dominikclemens.png

christianloheider.png

I'll post those guys up again in a couple of season time to show how they're progressing.

My European adventures is the only thing holding me back at the moment. Making the last 16 twice in a row only to be confronted by Real Madrid 1st season then Barcelona the 2nd. Very unlucky but it can only be 3rd time lucky to try and hit the Quarters at least this time round.

As for the manager merry-go-round. Guardiola is of course at Bayern, Mourinho is at Man Utd, Mancini remains at City, Diego Simeone is at Chelsea, Marcelo Bielsa is in charge of Arsenal, Benitez at Real Madrid and Vilanova remains at Barca.

If theres anything anybody wants to find out about my save please feel free to ask. I'll post an end of season summary hopefully this week.

So its been a few days since my update, I left it at season end with the final game against Bayern to decide the League title. I won, with Falcao getting a brace early on and Reus adding another after Gomez pulled one back. So once again we are league champions, but woeful in Europe. I decided things needed to change, so I bit the bullet and delved into some transfers.

Go big or go home

transfers_zpsec4b1ec3.png

Ok, not exactly "big" but there were a fair few changes. Despite being brilliant, Honda's contract was due for renewal, and he wanted something akin to a 150% wage rise, which just isn't going to happen on the budgets I have to work with, so off he went. I was then stuck with no first team ready AM. I decided to be a bit sneaky, and went endorsing Gotze. He was immediately TL and unhappy, so I snapped him up.

Falcao went out to cover this splurge. Despite being pretty great, he was fairly inconsistent and often went missing in matches. He was touching 30 so I decided I would cash in on him and strengthen the team as a whole, plus he was on 145k a week and I needed that off the wage bill.

Marin was just a good squad player transfer listed, plus German so was ideal with Grosskreutz moving on. I then noticed Robben was listed for 5.5m. Not one to pass up a bargain (he is still only 31 and has mental stats, despite being greedy) so I picked him up to help the youngsters along and pop up in the big games. Same with De Jong, as I had no cover at all for Bender and he was injured often.

Got this offer at season end

manutd_zps9876754c.png

Which I obviously turned down, but look who decided to accept it in my stead :D

Moyes_zpsa295a05a.png

Some good business you did there James, I'm glad to see this thread getting a bit more active again, I genuinely think playing as Dortmund is a great experience, and it's been my favourite FM13 save so far, and the only one I've really gotten into.

Lol scott, the new Alan Shearer eh. needs a bit of work that boy, but if he works out ok he could do very well for ya. I've had no great academy players yet. I've got some youngsters coming in that I've poached from elsewhere, I'll show them off once they arrive.

Lol @ada5tra, hopefully I can improve him to a good squad level at least I poached him from Southampton.

Lamela has started on fire for me 6 games 2 goals and 8 assist. We spoke about the board the other day, I did have £14m in the bank but look what the board have just bought me for January :-)

fdt26a.jpg

I ended up bringing Gotze back for £33m instead of Jovetic for £28m in the summer, good choice considering I have both now and got Jovetic far cheaper too.

As for Gotze he came back from 4 weeks out had 3 games and has now got injured for another 7 weeks, not a great return thus far. Noticed you have brought him back aswell, quality signing that mate. I must admit ive really got into this Dortmund game too, started my season with 5 wins out of 5 but Champs League is the one I need to prove myself in.

Yeah I knew you got Gotze, I was all jelly, so I had to go after him myself :D I'm beginning to regret my decision to let Falcao go tbh, as right now all I have is Moura up front and the boy just doesn't cut the mustard. Robben and Reus are contributing all my goals, and nowhere near as often as I'd like. HSV have come from nowhere this season and made themselves unbeatable somehow. I scraped a draw at home to them, and now I'm in 3rd after 10 games, behind them and Bayern. It's not looking good :(

As we are hitting the winter break, here is December result.

INerjeK.png

TM4zcIj.png

Final standing Champions League Group H

1IRJuiA.png

Disappointed to draw against Stuttgart which we should have won. But happy to be a point behind.

EDIT:

Draw for First Knockout Round

F4ReS8P.png

Pretty happy with the draw. Believe we can beat Benfica.

Thanks guys, I must admit I am happy with £17m for him as I have heard he is a beast but never actually had him on FM2013. I also have Wellington Nem coming in on a free in January so at least it will give me something new to my squad.

John, good to see you doing well in Europe there, that is one problem ive had. Been dominant at times in the league but really struggling with Europe.

ada5tra - I had a similar problem with strikers but depending how good wingers you have Reus was awesome up front for me as a stand in. If only you had Scheiber haha who believe it or not is still knocking them in in season 3.

Jovetic been transfer listed by request and Fiorentina wants 22M for him, Decided to go for him to add more fire to strikers. But problem is Barcelona is in the race for him :(

My board got him on 73k a week, that's what he was on at Fiorentina so was happy with that. Let me know if you manage to pull it off and how he does for you.

In middle of November myself in my 3rd season, had a storming start to the league.

Crdd8ey.png

January 2014

cHw0H9F.png

Table

qoZsPX6.png

Pretty happy with the pre season, Disappointed with our home game against Nurnberg, we should have won the game before Rosicky's late winner. Now we're 2 points ahead, thanks to Schalke beating Bayern :cool:

Transfers

XNi4OwL.png

Signed him for 22M and Barcelona pulled out in last minute paved the way for me to grab him. and pretty happy with him so far, 5 goals in 3 pre season matches hopefully bang more goals in the league.

tzadkQT.png

Nicked him from Toulouse, my scout rated him 5 stars. 2.4M fee.

aviceZy.png

From Southampton. Was in a battle against Man Utd and Arsenal for him and pleased to see him sign for us, 600K compensation.

Tempting to sign Rosicky on free contract as his contract at Arsenal is expiring in the summer. Also sold Leitner to PSV for 11M.

Asked chairman for merchandise feeder club and once again, came back with no club. I currently got no feeder club.

GJpG7by.png

Yup, decided to get him in the end, will be on 53K p/w (3K more than his current wage at Arsenal) and manager clause and a year contract extension after 20 games.

After the board completed upgraded our training and youth facilities, I asked them to upgraded again which they accepted. Hopefully get few good regens :thup:

Finished season 3, finally did the treble after going average in the Champions League in my first two seasons.

Real Madrid ended the final with 8 players after they all got second yellows.

Just sold Strandberg for 20M and Subotic for 30M to a cashed up Bolton side. Subotic has been brilliant for me, but his contract was running out next season and I didn't want to pay him 80k. Looking at Umititi to replace him who is a gun and probably a regen as backup.

Also looking at strikers as mine never really kicked on this season, probs either Maupay or Gabbadiani, whichever one is cheaper.

I think I'll have to tap Umtiti up though as Lyon do not want to sell him. Probs going to end up costing a mint.

Yeah I was happy to pay 16M for him, just got to work on his physicals really and he will be a complete midfielder for me.

Unfortunately for him he plays in a very crowded position, I have Suso, Kovacic and Adam Maher for the AMC spot. A loan may be beneficial.

Decided to raid Brazil and nicked them two.

Em7hrIB.png

My scout ranked him quite high and costing me 700K

W62RKko.png

Cost me 550K. Possible Bender's replacement.

wU9ag8c.png

Decided to bring him in as Valckx recommended him. Cost me 250K

Wondering if I should go for him?

sD8XHW4.png

I'm fairly sure villette is on heavy composure training already after a couple of seasons of heavy winger. I have Tassotti as my Ass man and he's never let me down in the few seasons he's been with me.

Funnily enough I have a rather similar player to Kouma out on loan at Real Sociedad, however he only cost £600k lol. Bit of work to do on his composure again, my club must be an uncomposed bunch of players lol

mariodifrancescoovervie.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finished my 3rd Season and apart a battering in the last 8 against Real Madrid in the Champs League everything else went according to plan. Had the strongest league season ive ever had, total domination:

66kf9z.png

Finished my 3rd Season and apart a battering in the last 8 against Real Madrid in the Champs League everything else went according to plan. Had the strongest league season ive ever had, total domination:

66kf9z.png

Awesome season :cool: Any decent regens?

6Gt0A7K.png

Just got my youth intakes and got to say it's quite disappointing :( Offering other 4 players to include more players for U's19. Only one stood out is him;

uHdKn9t.png

Got high hopes for him.

I don't think I'll be buying a new striker this window as there are no fairly priced good ones out there. I'll have to wait for a regen I think.

Samuel Umtiti is proving damn near impossible to sign so I got a tasty regen instead and will look for another one.

Has anyone ever used Stefan Bell?

I don't think I'll be buying a new striker this window as there are no fairly priced good ones out there. I'll have to wait for a regen I think.

Samuel Umtiti is proving damn near impossible to sign so I got a tasty regen instead and will look for another one.

Has anyone ever used Stefan Bell?

I would take a look at African or Brazilian clubs for decent striker at cheap price :thup:

Yeah I think you might be right there, I do love my Africans on here. Got a mad left back regen from South Africa.

Also that Sowinski looks mint

Screenshot of your left back regen?

Crdd8ey.png

March 2014

dcdRCbT.png

jTSjsXI.png

Table

LqHbNmE.png

Happy with the result, even delighted with our draw at Bayern :cool: Great to see our keeper saved their last minute penalty. Quite pathetic to play our match against Osnabrück when majority of our first team players was away on International duty. I genuinely think the title is in our hands and hopefully we can win our remaining games.

Champions League Q-Final draw

fPUErhc.png

Our next match is Man City, hopefully we will get our revenge on them.

More transfer news.

zFeICUS.png

Beat Man Utd to sign this kid, 900K.

Archived