FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey folks!

I have sold Leitner to Arsenal for 22m and brought in only Mertesacker for 3m

So this is my preseason and pretty decent start into league. Sitting on first place 2 points above Leverkusen.

287myqs.jpg

Kevin Volland

2lsfdhk.png

Three of my greatest prospects. They are already in first team getting regular game time

Armande Roggli - Next Hummels

o77v60.png

Alejo Pascual - Next Xabi Alonso

v821iv.png

Loris Falleta - Next Demetrio Albertini

s49b87.png

Here's the current squad, this last summer's big buys were M'Vila listed for 13.5m, Pogba for 16.5m, Ter Stegen for 20.5m, Belhanda on a free and De Sciglio for 14m

LcCcwMs.png

And the season thus far

Vx3sliE.png

Some of the bright young talents of the team

RHTP0Yb.png

2nd highest top scorer at 17 in Ligue 1 in the 2012/13 season, and I thought he could be crafted into a fearsome right-sided Reus-like inside forward

vHqsC9L.png

Purchased for 13.5m from Bayern in the 2013/14 summer window once it looked like Nuri wasn't going to sign

A7UeAWp.png

Slotting into the first team nicely after some U19/Dortmund II football and a solid season on loan at HSV playing 2.Bundesliga

OzUCClE.png

One of my initial purchases as a direct signing, and looking like a fine deputy for Jovetic

Here's the best of the 2012/13 intake coming through

DToCNNy.png

389pojV.png

61CU1Cw.png

And the stand out from last season

Hl2g7Oi.png

Came through at Stuttgart in 2012/13, and loaned last season with a 6m buyout which I felt was a no-brainer

o78BwyT.png

And the non-Dortmund kids brought in this season

2CPu6ee.png

w45n6To.png

7kkb9nS.png

Jaybert: Is that Arcade version, or whatever it's called? Or just a skin.

Batty: If you're near the end of your first season just list him. You should get plenty of interested parties, then offer out for £45-£50mil and see who bites. Don't ask for it all up front or they won't bid high. Eg. £15mil up front + clauses etc.

You prob know all this, but yeah it's what I did. I got €46mil out of Barca, as I added a 20 league goals clause. He got 20 first season. I reckon if you get PSG and Man City involved you could get £50mil. PSG pulled out on mine.

Cheers for that Ryknow, Cavani wants too high a wages, Marchisio is not listed anymore. Oh and Grosskreutz (4-5 months, knee tendonitis) has joined kuba on the injury table. Meaning Reus is my only natural fit winger. I might have to figure out a deal for Bernard from Atletico Mineiro

Cheers for that Ryknow, Cavani wants too high a wages, Marchisio is not listed anymore. Oh and Grosskreutz (4-5 months, knee tendonitis) has joined kuba on the injury table. Meaning Reus is my only natural fit winger. I might have to figure out a deal for Bernard from Atletico Mineiro

Good luck! Apparently Bernard is difficult to get without paying a tonne of cash. Kuba had a long term injury on mine and went down to 2.5 star rating, but still plays well. You might have to look for a loan deal especially missing those two guys. I play Götze on the AMR and he plays really well.

Phoenixemperor: Some great transfer there. Gladrow looks very promising.

Jaybert: your 'next Hummels' looks class. Hummels on mine averaged over 8.00 last season to make Player of the Year Shortlist. Such a rock in defence, and gets the odd goal too.

Things are clicking this season. 2014/15 season, winter break - we are unbeaten in all comps, and only 4 draws. Knocked out Bayern in the DFB Pokal, and I've got Spurs in the knock out round of the UCL.

10 points ahead in the league so far.

Sold Bruno Martins Indi to PSG for €20mil, all up front. His volatile nature meant he constantly demanded to play and wanted a move whenever someone bid on him and I rejected it. I told him we'd win the league and he accepted, then asked the same thing a week later. Tbh, I don't want those kind of players at my club. Either do your job, or you're out.

He never got much game time anyways, and I have promising newgens ready and waiting. The Hummels/Sokratis partnership is incredibly solid.

I have Zoet (GK) coming in on a free, and Corchia (RB) on a free, for next season. Both on around €20k pw.

Kroos' contract was due to expire, his agent asked for an amazing offer and I got one negotiated and accepted. But he chose to re-sign with Bayern. So close to a major coup.

Approached Ibrahimovic to see what his demands were, on a free. Wanted €325k pw, and tonnes of huge bonuses. Haha GTFO!

Schürrle and Özil are listed, €36mil and €74mil respectively. Either don't fit my setup 100%, but I want them both being German and all. I am not paying anywhere near those figures though. Özil's value is at €39mil so I have little chance of getting him for a reasonable price.

I would pay close to €28mil for Schürrle, but not much more. Lars Bender is also getting limited chances at Chelsea so I'm hoping he gets listed under €30mil.

Man City just had a bid for Jovetic accepted (€26mil) but he's rated 3 stars and looks to have suffered from a torn hamstring (3 months) last season. Don't need him though. PSG continue to buy players they don't need.

Picked up Susaeta on loan along with Pogba. My board kindly gave me £8M which I proceded to spend on Facundo Ferreyra. 50 minutes into his debut after setting up a goal he joins Grosskreutz. Bender has also joined them in the physios room. I haven't added Eva Carneiro to the physio staff so why in gods name are my players so intent on going there?

23rd February and we're trailing Bayern by 14 (thats not a typo) points. Don't know how. Hopefully we'll make it 11 as we play them next.

This first season has given me ball ache. The injuries have buggered my season right up. 14 points behind Bayern in the Bundesliga, beat Man United 1-0 at home and lost the 2nd leg in the quarters at OT 3-0. Oh an all 3 goals came from set pieces (one being my own throw in by my own damn corner flag :@)

Currently Injured

Gotze (1 month)

Bender (3 months)

At points this season and sometimes together I've had (Hummels, Piszczek, Schmelzer, Kehl, Bender, Gundogan, Kuba, Grosskreutz, Gotze, Reus, Lewandowski) all injured for 3 weeks or longer.

Picked up Susaeta on loan along with Pogba. My board kindly gave me £8M which I proceded to spend on Facundo Ferreyra. 50 minutes into his debut after setting up a goal he joins Grosskreutz. Bender has also joined them in the physios room. I haven't added Eva Carneiro to the physio staff so why in gods name are my players so intent on going there?

23rd February and we're trailing Bayern by 14 (thats not a typo) points. Don't know how. Hopefully we'll make it 11 as we play them next.

A good winger to get on loan if you can is Eduardo Salvio from Benfica. I got him in an injury crisis and his pace just destroyed teams, ended with over an assist a game plus chipped in with a fair few goals.

Winter Window Transfers - 2014/15

INS

André Schürrle - €28mil

Moved to Chelsea the start of the season but made 6(3) apps in all comps, wanted to leave. Chelsea wanted €36mil, but I got them down to €28mil which I was fine with.

OUTS

Bruno Martins Indi - €20mil

Very talented, but complained when bids came in. Hardly played though so I always ended on moving him on.

Keisuke Honda - €10mil

Was a good player to have but I'd prefer to give Leitner game time now. Leitner is CA 4 star rating, and has 20 in passing, plus I have talented newgens so was an easy sale.

Had a bit of €60mil accepted for Özil, but I thought I shouldn't be stupid and didn't go ahead with it. I plan to buy him at some point though, unless I get Kroos somehow.

Anyways, few German newgens turned 17! Finally. Getting game time already.

Karl-HeinzKaufmann_OverviewAttributes-3_zpsabfd3c58.png

Picked up at the start of the season from 1860 München. Getting tutored by Gündoğan.

KristijanCvek_OverviewAttributes-4_zpsa5a94e20.png

One talented player. With his height, bravery, heading and jumping he already will prove a giant in defense. Just had his debut against St. Pauli and scored a diving header from a IFK.

MarcoVerheul_OverviewAttributes-3_zps2ce80b4e.png

A HG lad, but born in Belgium. Coming along well.

UPDATE - Posted images of these guys earlier in the thread. Still not 17 but developing really well.

ThorstenHolm_OverviewAttributes-4_zps4324d02b.png

HG talent

RalfMoumlhrle_OverviewAttributes-2_zpsfe57a1be.png

HG talent

And, not to forget the Lepper. Looks incredibly good, what a talent.

DieterLepper_OverviewAttributes-3_zpscfea7789.png

Basically have midfield and left back sorted for next season, and the future.

Ryknow:- Your newgens are looking good mate, I think you'll do well with them.

End of 2012/13 Season

Bundesliga

The injuried I had to key players (13) over the season really screwed up our challenge of Bayern.

1:- Bayern Munich -82 points

2:- Dortmund -66 points

3:- Schalke - 66 points

4:- Leverkusen -65 points

Top Scorer:- Huntelaar - 32 goals

Top Assists:- Reus - 15

Champions League: Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen

Europa League: Hamburg, Gladbach, Frankfurt

Relegated: Dusseldorf, Augsburg, Nurnberg

DFB-Pokal

First Round: SC Victoria 0-5 BVB [santana, Schieber 2, Wedemeyer OG, Gotze]

Second Round: BVB 2-0 Koln [subotic, Leitner] (Gundogan inj)

Third Round: BVB 5-3 Gladbach [Lewandowski 3, Grosskreutz, Gotze]

Quarter Final: Freiburg 1-2 BVB [Lewandowski, Gotze] (Gundogan inj)

Semi Final: BVB 1-0 Nurnberg [schafer OG]

FINAL: BVB 3-2 Frankfurt [Reus(pen), Gundogan, Pogba

Well we had a fairly easy run in the Pokal avoiding the bigger sides. Frankfurt helped by turning over Bayern in the other semi final coming from a goal down.

DFL-Supercup

Bayern 0-1 BVB [Kuba] (Gotze inj)

Delighted to beat them in the first trophy of the season and keep a clean sheet in the process. Would have liked the league too but can't be gree... bugger that I want it all next season!

Champions League

Group B: Udinese 1-2 BVB [Gotze 82, Gundogan (pen) 88]

Group B: BVB 1-1 Barca [Reus 24]

Group B: Zenit 0-1 BVB [Hummels 38] (Gotze inj 6)

Group B: BVB 1-2 Zenit [schieber 67]

Group B: BVB 2-0 Udinese [Lewandowski (30), Sahin (pen 71)]

Group B: Barca 1-2 BVB [Grosskreutz (72), Santana (76)] (Gotze inj 5)

GROUP B STANDINGS

1: BVB 13 pts, 2: Barca 11 pts, 3: Zenit 8 pts, 4: Udinese 1 pt

First KO Round, (leg1) Benfica 2-4 BVB [Reus (pen 6), Lewandowski (11), Schmelzer (83), Leitner (85)]

First KO Round, (Leg2) BVB 0-1 Benfica (BVB WIN 4-3 ON AGGREGATE)

Quarter Final, (Leg 1) BVB 1-0 Man United [Kuba (11)]

Quarter Final, (Leg 2) Man United 3-0 BVB (Bender inj 39) BVB LOSE 3-1 ON AGGREGATE

In the 2nd leg of the quarter final we played very badly indeed. We deserved to lose and the better team won and all that cliched crap. I was so disapointed and cheesed off that anyone that got a rating of below 6 got a warning. If it happens again they'll get fined 1 weeks wages and so on.

Closed Season

Knappmann will be leaving for Grossaspach, Kehl and Owomoyela will also be leaving at the end of their contracts. While Pogba, Sahin and Susaeta will be returning home after their loan spells at BVB.

I'll be looking to cash in on Lewa providing I get a good price for him. Will probably offload Scheiber, Grosskreutz, Bittencourt, Kirch and Langerak too.

So I guess I'll need replacements for Kehl, Sahin, Scheiber, Lewa, Grosskreutz and Langerak. City were interested in Hummels until I said he'd set them back £60M+ :D

You have Sahin for another 12 months remember, unless you cancelled the deal.

With a small squad Großkreutz and Bittencourt are well worth keeping around. Very versatile and Bitts can turn into a great player.

Try to not settle for anything less than £40mil for Lewy. Plus money for Schieber, Kirch and Lanergak you should have a tidy sum to play with.

With Nürnberg relegated I'd check out how much Kiyotake will cost. He served me well until I sold him for double of what I paid. Not much at Augsburg and Düsseldorf to raid. Your biggest decision will be who will replace Lewy. I went for Lukaku, others went for De Jong.

Ha! I wouldnt even sell Hummels for £100mil! He's so important and my captain.

I still can't believe your injury luck. Hopefully no one took too much of a beating to their CA.

Ha! Can't believe I forgot I had Sahin for nother season. Him and Gundogan rotate in my DLP slot nicely. They want £9M for Kiyotake, I'll work on that. Might also raid PSV for Bakkali and Depay too. Got Lewy's replacement in the form of Carlos Vela, while Lewy looks to be on his way to PSG for £37.5M all straight hard cash.

Looking at Rode (£9.5M) for Kehl's replacement, Sakai (£10.5M), Dede (£26M)

That would be some solid signings. It's a lot for Dede but he's a pretty great defender. I found Sokratis to be amazing in this game. He's the insane guy that gets stuck in and has the pace to recover, while Hummels is calm and oversees everything. The amount of great tackles I see from Bender, Hummels and Sokratis is fantastic. Great defensive diamond.

Rode is a good option, as you'll be fine with Sahin, Gündogan and Leitner as the more offensive options in central midfield, then Bender and Rode as defensive.

I got Kiyotake for €8.25mil, so around £7mil. So once they are officially in 2. Bundesliga he might get listed.

So you waiting another season before replacing Weidenfeller?

Either way after the window shuts post your dealings. Would be interested to see who you bring in.

They have listed Kiyotake for a whopping £10.75M Also went and had a look at Benfica's Rodrigo. Nowhere to be seen, so I look at PSG and they have: Gameiro, Lewy, Lucas, Ibra, Rodrigo, Lavezzi and Menez as their strikers!

EDIT: They've come down in price to £7.5M for Kiyotake

I go away for a week and this thread goes mental! Loving it!

@Ryknow - Some excellent youngsters there. Kaufmann and Mohrle look the stand-out options for me. Schurrle is an excellent purchase as well. I picked him up for £15m from Man Utd, and he has performed really well. Also, congratulations on the unbeaten start to the season, hope you can go on and keep it up for the whole season.

@batty1 - Have a look at Goretzka to replace Kehl. He's young, full of potential and won't let you down. Congrats on the DFB-Pokal win. I'm yet to win that, although this season might be the time that run finally ends. Interesting choice in Vela, will be interesting to see how he gets on. I went for De Jong, Volland and Maupay (all bought for pretty much the money Lewandowski's sale brought in), although my aim of making a home-grown squad (or as near as I can as Kawashima and Halilovic are going nowhere after spending time developing them!) might mean De Jong leaves in the summer.

@jaybert - Roggli looks really good. There seems to be an abundance of quality newgen centre backs this year. With Falleta's pace, I'd be tempted to turn him into a winger as I think he'd turn full backs inside out.

@phoenixemperor - Some interesting purchases, and I'm glad to see someone else plump for Maupay. I'm struggling to give him the game time he deserves, so going to thoroughly assess the squad in the summer, particularly considering I've got Karanka and Brendel coming through nicely (screenshots on previous page).

As for my game... Crash Dump! I've deleted the files as suggested, but can't get my game to verify the cache. Annoyed doesn't quite cover it.

I'm top of the league after 24 games, a point clear of Bayern, and I have a game in hand to come as well. We are into the semi finals of the DFB-Pokal, where we will face 2.Bundesliga side Cottbus. We were unlucky against Real Madrid over two legs, losing 2-1, with Casillas having an inspired game in the second leg, making three point blank saves to put the Spaniards through, and thus ending our reign as European Champions.

Right I think I've finished my summer business barring anymore bloody injuries. (Talking of which Bender missed the last 2 month of last season, he recovered from that he is now out for 4-5 months with a torn calf muscle ffs). So any ideas for a BWM to cover Rode have £3M left.

Drafted Koch in from Dortmund II to cover now hes injured. This is utter bullcrap. Just lost the DFL Supercup to Bayern 1-0, every one played crap except Rode whos MoM performance was not enough.

So beginning of 2nd season

Physio Room

Bender 5 months

Gundogan 6 weeks

Koch 4 weeks

Ferreyra 4 weeks

Hummels 5 weeks

I fail to understand why this happens! I don't overwork them in training. I wouldn't mind if it was back up players but 3 first teamers for 5 weeks plus again is a complete pisstake

Wow, I don't want to sound harsh but maybe delete that save and start again haha. It's like you're cursed.

Are they training or match injuries? If so your training could be too high, and you're not giving them a rest pre/post game. However, I have them on heavy player role training, but lower the match training so in the end they are all on heavy. I always give a rest post game. Then manually give a rest from training if I can see key members won't make it over 95% condition before e next game (eg. Hard weekend game, then a UCL one).

Or if in match you might be closing down and tackling hard meaning players are more subject to getting injured. Or, it's just bad luck. Have any of your other saves been like this?

I've only had one major injury in 2.5 seasons, and that was Kuba *touch wood*. The rest have been less than 4 weeks and not very often.

Número uno gunner: Did you lose your save from the crash dump, or did you have a 3x rolling save?

Haha yeah, he was the highest rated in my opinion when I first signed him. But I forgot about him and checked back after his tutoring by Bender. Lets just say it went well haha. Can only play DM, and unconvincing CM. Not sure if I should be worried about his lack of aggression to be a top defensive midfielder but I think with his creativity and passing he could be my deep lying playmaker (defend). Want his concentration to increase, and as you say his strength needs work. Might start individual training on strength.

Does anyone know of any sensible edits to make to the younger players? I know Eric Durm has his postition wrong in the DB so I've changed that, but is their anything else that needs updating?

Just Durm, as it looks like he's become a RB.

The rest would be altering PA of Hofmann and Ducksch. Other changes wouldn't make sense eg. Lewys wage increase, as you'd be starting it one season in advance.

Ok Dortmund, lets go!

Last time I did a Dortmund save it was just for a tactical experiment and thus only lasted one season, this will hopefully be the last save I create before Christmas. Have made some minor edits to the younger player, as were eluded to above, and the only transfer edited in is that of Mario Goetze to Bayern for £32.5million in 2013. I have also changed the home kit to a more pretty looking two tone yellow checked shirt. :D

Aside from that, nothing really to report, apart from that I'm a former professional, so I'll have a lack of repect from the off.

Bring it on!

Wow, I don't want to sound harsh but maybe delete that save and start again haha. It's like you're cursed.

Are they training or match injuries? If so your training could be too high, and you're not giving them a rest pre/post game. However, I have them on heavy player role training, but lower the match training so in the end they are all on heavy. I always give a rest post game. Then manually give a rest from training if I can see key members won't make it over 95% condition before e next game (eg. Hard weekend game, then a UCL one).

Or if in match you might be closing down and tackling hard meaning players are more subject to getting injured. Or, it's just bad luck. Have any of your other saves been like this?

I've only had one major injury in 2.5 seasons, and that was Kuba *touch wood*. The rest have been less than 4 weeks and not very often.

I am majorly grumpy, thought my Dortumund save might cheer me up, did it feck. Langerak and Rode joining Hummels and Bender on the injury table.

On the plus side I've loaned Bittencourt to Atletico who said he'd be a first team regular. They've played two games, he started 1 and was a sub in the other, he's also had 2 assists. And just as the window shut I've loaned Leitner to Borussia Monchengladbach who have said he'll be a first team regular. So both prospects playing in top leagues regularly.

Can't decide whether to continue like a good manager would or take the easy route and start again.

EDIT: That tears it! Koray Gunter injured vs Bayern. So thats 5 injuries and the season is barely a month old ffs. Starting again!

I am majorly grumpy, thought my Dortumund save might cheer me up, did it feck. Langerak and Rode joining Hummels and Bender on the injury table.

On the plus side I've loaned Bittencourt to Atletico who said he'd be a first team regular. They've played two games, he started 1 and was a sub in the other, he's also had 2 assists. And just as the window shut I've loaned Leitner to Borussia Monchengladbach who have said he'll be a first team regular. So both prospects playing in top leagues regularly.

Can't decide whether to continue like a good manager would or take the easy route and start again.

EDIT: That tears it! Koray Gunter injured vs Bayern. So thats 5 injuries and the season is barely a month old ffs. Starting again!

Just pretend it was a scouting save, to get an idea on how Dortmund play ;)

I've never heard of so many injuries, and consistently over someone's save. I've had an injury crisis before but it lasted maybe 3 months of constant ones, and that was a few FM versions ago. To have them constantly over 1.5 seasons kinda takes the fun out of the game, not only because you can't use them, but big injuries mean the player take a considerable CA hit.

EDIT: Get the Belgium physio, Lieven Maesschalck. He's a physio god, but really physio's don't do much in the game judging by some simulations a guy did a year or two ago.

Tomtuck: All the best with your BVB save. I plan to play this save until after the last FM14 patch. That was my plan last game, but I rushed in and got FM13. There was a lot of sitting around waiting for a new patch at one point, and I got sick of it. Hopefully learn my lesson and just wait.

What are doing training wise/what did you do training wise in preseason?

Just team cohesion/high and Attacking movement.

Well I thought seeing as I'm starting over , I thought I'd replace that .fake file and have my German players getting caps instead of that greyed out nonsense, and have the proper competition names.

Just team cohesion/high and Attacking movement.

Well I thought seeing as I'm starting over , I thought I'd replace that .fake file and have my German players getting caps instead of that greyed out nonsense, and have the proper competition names.

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/932/fm13-real-names-fixes-file-beta

Seems its save game compatible. I did the 'fix' manually, but then used Steam to locate and reinstall files and forgot to re-delete them. Following the instruction in that guide meant German players got called up at the next 'call up'.

While you're at it get the OLT newgen hair pack too.

@Ryknow - Thankfully, I followed the SI advice online and managed to recover it. Realised the reason the game cache wasn't verifying was because I had Steam set to offline mode, like a complete muppet. All sorted now, and I had a 5 hour stint last night to finish my season. I'll post an update later.

@batty1 - That injury list is insane! I hope you have better luck in your next save. Have you set yourself any targets? I'm loving creating a squad full of young talent, especially as so many came in at a young age to be considered home-grown. It has certainly made me want to play on past a couple of seasons, something I often struggle to do in FM.

@tomtuck01 - Good luck with your BVB save, and hope you keep posting in here. Its nice to be part of an active thread. Have you got any plans for strengthening your squad?

@tomtuck01 - Good luck with your BVB save, and hope you keep posting in here. Its nice to be part of an active thread. Have you got any plans for strengthening your squad?

Just a CB as I don't like Santana - he's got a poor personality type and aside from having solid defensive stats, he's rubbish at football. I've managed to eek out £5.25million off Wolfsburg for him so I'm happy with that. Got a deal in place for Toby Alderweireld from for £8.75million. (Just £2.5million upfront).

Aside from that, I'm just looking at signing some younger players. Got Elton Acolatse (£525k) and Mitchell Djiks (loan) both from Ajax, aswell as a young CB called David Domej (£6k) from Rapid Wien, so I'm pleased with the business done so far.

Now, I'm just finding a target to replace Goetze next summer, and also Lewandowski. Not sure whether to keep him after this season or just do as Dortmund have in real life.

Tomtuck: It's hard to pass on €40mil though, especially as the board gave me around €15mil second season. While Lewy is great, the money is certainly handy to start building. I like to put my touch on the squad asap, and on page 6 you can see I brought quite a few in.

Got some more game time in today. Lost to Bayern in the league so my unbeaten run stopped, but that's still my only loss. Totally my fault tactically. Bayern found form and are chasing me, but due to me continually winning they are still 8 points behind.

All the big guns, besides Leverkusen got knocked out the DFB Pokal, and I faced Kaiserslautern in the Quarters. Was 0-0 for ages until I conceded a penalty and they won it 1-0. Can't believe it. Had a real chance to retain the cup.

UCL is going well, got Spurs in the knockout stage 0-0 away, then smashed them 3-0 at home. Got Cagliari next who I expect to beat unless we do something stupid.

Just talking about injuries and Garmash goes and pulls his hamstring and is out for 3 months. Has come on leaps and bounds at BVB. Bender, Flum and newgens are here so have enough cover though.

Then one of my 4.5 star PA HG newgens has been diagnosed with arthritis. Sent him to a specialist, won't be out for long but it'll be an ongoing issue in the future. Still think he'll be class. (Not any of the newgens I've posted).

Got an average intake besides one 5 star PA AMC, who can play LM and LW. I'll train him as a LW inside forward. Looks promising already at 14 years old. My investment in the junior scouting and recruit network is really paying off.

Tomtuck: It's hard to pass on €40mil though, especially as the board gave me around €15mil second season. While Lewy is great, the money is certainly handy to start building. I like to put my touch on the squad asap, and on page 6 you can see I brought quite a few in.

Well, there is that. At the same time though, I will have £32.5million from the Goetze sale, so keeping Lewandowski is an option. Can always try and get some cash for him in the January window by touting him around in November/December.

In preseason it's vital to give them fitness training, it'll help no end during the season regards injuries, aswell as ensure players are fresher in the latter parts of the campaign.

Thanks Tom :thup:

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/932/fm13-real-names-fixes-file-beta

Seems its save game compatible. I did the 'fix' manually, but then used Steam to locate and reinstall files and forgot to re-delete them. Following the instruction in that guide meant German players got called up at the next 'call up'.

While you're at it get the OLT newgen hair pack too.

Cheers fella

@Ryknow - Thankfully, I followed the SI advice online and managed to recover it. Realised the reason the game cache wasn't verifying was because I had Steam set to offline mode, like a complete muppet. All sorted now, and I had a 5 hour stint last night to finish my season. I'll post an update later.

@batty1 - That injury list is insane! I hope you have better luck in your next save. Have you set yourself any targets? I'm loving creating a squad full of young talent, especially as so many came in at a young age to be considered home-grown. It has certainly made me want to play on past a couple of seasons, something I often struggle to do in FM.

Glad you got your game working again mate. I'm going to try and bring through youth more than anything.

-------------------------------------

Well I've hit October, and I haven't been busy in the transfer market at all. Most of the transfer budget I recieved I spent on overhauling the back room staff.

Transfers

Incoming

Zakaria Bakkali - PSV - £600K

Outgoing

Jeremy Dudziak - Heidenheim - Loan

Jonas Hofmann - Heidenheim - Loan

Nico Knystock - Bielefeld - Loan

Hendrik Brauer - Offenbach - Loan

Said Benkarit - Wuppertal - Loan

Marian Sarr - Darmstadt - Loan

We also have Halilovic joining on July 1st 2014

August/September Results

DFL-SuperCup

Bayern 3-1 BVB [subotic (25)]

DFB Pokal

Round 1:- Rostock 0-5 BVB [santana(24), Bittencourt(38), Reus(43), Lewandowski(62), Grosskreutz(82)] (Reus inj 73, Bittencourt inj 79)

We've drawn Frankfurt away in the second round

Bundesliga

Nurnberg 1-1 BVB [schieber(25)]

BVB 8-0 Hamburg [beister OG(11), Lewendowski(24, 46 ,53), Leitner(39), Gundogan(51), Gotze(70), Schieber(80)]

Frankfurt 0-5 BVB [Reus(10, 90+1), Lewendowski(26), Gotze(36), Rode OG(84)]

BVB 4-2 Stuttgart [Lewendowski(9, 45), Reus(74), Weis OG(80)]

Dussledorf 2-4 [Reus(51), Lewendowski(55), Grosskreutz(67), Gotze(81)]

BVB 2-1 Bayern [Lewendowski(46), Schieber(88)]

I'm currently top on 16 points, 1 clear of Bayern.

Champions League

BVB 0-1 Man City

I'm sat bottom of the pile after 1 game. Also in my group is Porto and Galatasaray

Great signing phoenixemperor, he's a perfect BVB player. Went to Man Utd for €38mil on my save, but I wouldn't sign him due to my no British players rule.

ToonArmy: Check on page 6, I've included my second season transfers. Also on the same page there's a few lists of other people's transfers. I'd hold on to Lewy the first season and sell in the next for around £40mil. He'll increase in value over that time, and also give you a tonne of goals. 1st season, I spent praising/unsettling my second season targets and I really didn't have much money. If you do well you get some more money, but its worth holding on to for the pre-season contracts on Dec 30.

Batty1: Good results there in the league. Hard to be busy in the market with limited funds. I think I just got some loans in 1st season.

Great signing phoenixemperor, he's a perfect BVB player. Went to Man Utd for €38mil on my save, but I wouldn't sign him due to my no British players rule.

Kinda with you on this. Would just seem strange having British players are more or less any foreign club.

Season Review 16/17:

European Super Cup: As mentioned previously, we followed up our Champions League victory by winning the Super Cup with a deserved 3-2 victory over Chelsea.

Club World Championship: We added the Club World Championship trophy to our list of honours with two sparkling displays of attacking quality, beating Monterrey 4-1 in the semis and Corinthians 5-1 in the final. Its always good to keep the winning mentality at a club going, so was pleased with this jaunt out to India.

DFB Pokal: Finally! Werder were beaten 2-1 in the quarters, followed by the same result in the semis against Cottbus. The final pitted us against relegated Furth. Despite going down to ten men after Leitner's dismissal, a Reus free kick in stoppage time sealed a nervy 1-0 win, and yet another trophy heading to our cabinet. Really happy with this trophy, as I hadn't won it yet in my 4 seasons at BVB.

Champions League: We crashed out to Real Madrid over two legs. A 2-0 defeat in the Bernebeau was too much of a deficit to overturn in the second leg. Despite dominating the second leg, an inspired performance by Casillas meant we only won 1-0, and our defence of our title was over.

Bundesliga: Amassing 86 points was enough to stop Bayern and win the league. A perfect home record of 17 wins was the key to our success, and something else I'd never imagined we'd we able to achieve. Interestingly, we did it with a squad whose average age was only 23. The future looks exceedingly bright.

Goalkeepers: Kawashima is developing into one of the best keepers in the game, stringing together impressive performances. His understudy, Volpicelli, played 9 games at the age of 18, and performed admirably. Perrin, my third choice keeper, is leaving on a free, to Serie A champions Napoli, so I will no doubt look to bring another keeper in during the summer.

Right back: Loustau is now firmly my first choice right back, and with Bertani as back up, I feel this is a position I feel sorted in for years to come. They also contributed 11 assists this season, which was impressive.

Left back: Schmelzer has had a solid season, averaging 7.26. I may consider letting him leave for the right price in the summer, as he is 29, although only if I can find a suitable home-grown replacement. This would also allow me to play Ademola, who averaged 7.31 this season, a little more.

Centre backs: Hummels (7.83) and Gunter (7.51) became my established starting pair this season, with Gusmao (7.61) third choice, as I have deliberately tried to fade Santana out of the side. At 31, and with his contract up at the end of next season, I'll be letting him go in the summer. The four centre backs also contributed 17 goals between them, which helped gain valuable points throughout the season.

Central Midfielders: Leitner really came to the fore this season, contributing 8 goals and 4 assists as part of some outstanding displays. Bender was his usual reliable self, enforcing the midfield and allowing the creative players to dominate. Thiago had a quiet season compared to last, scoring 8 and assisting 5. Goretzka continued his development, providing an excellent level of cover for Bender. In total, the four central midfielders contributed 19 goals and 23 assists between them.

Attacking midfielders: Reus, Gotze and Schurrle, backed up well by Cuenca and Halilovic, provided 39 goals and 54 assists between them this season, a return I was more than pleased with. Gotze was the stand-out performer, averaging 7.58 and winning matches almost single-handedly at times.

Strikers: De Jong (26 goals in 27), Maupay (6 in 8) and Volland (17 goals and 14 assists in 34) provided the end product, and fired us to the title. De Jong was exceptional, and leaves me with a dilemma. As he isn't home grown, can I afford to let him go and bring through one of my youth products?

Summer plans: Decisions to make on the non-home grown players. After winning the league with them, I'm tempted to let a few go and bring through the talented youngsters that are chomping at the bit to make the first team squad. Moreau, Peter, Eggert, Lazarou, Karanka and Brendel are getting to the stage where they need to be playing first-team football, either with me or elsewhere. An exciting summer awaits...

Archived