FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

So I sold Lewandowski for 45M to Bayern. No one offered anything. Sold Gotze to Man City for 32M.

Bringing in Volland for 15M. Got Hoffman and El Shaarawy as well. Now trying to bring some sleek in to replace Gotze and then a backup right back.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November

League

Dortmund 4-2 Furth; Gotze 27, 32, Grobretuz 29, Schmelzer 37; Pekovic 52, Saraer 81

Dortmund 0-0 Gladbach

Dortmund 3-1 Frankfurt; Lewandowski pen 14, 26, 48; Aigner 9

Dortmund 2-0 Bayern; Reus 58, Piszczek 77

Wolfsburg 3-2 Dortmund; Olic 10, 14, Diego 91; Reus 15, Lewandowski 39

Champions league

Barcelona 3-0 Dortmund; Villa 10, Messi 19, 49

Dortmund 2-0 Olympiakos; Grobretuz 56, 74

So I sold Lewandowski for 45M to Bayern. No one offered anything. Sold Gotze to Man City for 32M.

Bringing in Volland for 15M. Got Hoffman and El Shaarawy as well. Now trying to bring some sleek in to replace Gotze and then a backup right back.

How much El Shaarawy cost you?

December

League

Dortmund 3-0 Leverkusen; Lewandowski 2, 82, Grobkreutz 4

Dortund 2-1 Hoffenheim; Gotze 28, Reus 40; Saliohovic pen 18

Dortmund 5-0 Augsburg; Błaszczykowski 1, 34, 74, Lewandowski 20 23

Champions league

Dortmund 2-0 Fernabache; Gotze 58, Lewandowski 73

German cup

Dortmund 3-2 Hertha; Gotze 7, 27, Ducksch 56; Subotic og 21, Ramos 79

So won the league for the 2nd time at the end of season 3.

3d208bf6afb9ca363a08b4ee97f31479.png

Did poorly in the UCL, getting knocked out by Madrid in the early stages. Here is how the squad is looking coming into my 4th season.

5e76d3353fda89b47458beaa00ffdd24.png

Transfers:

353f9198b493a924b1465409892973f9.png

As always, here is some of my promising non regen players:

Leon Goretzka, Yassine Benzia (New arrival), Samuel Umititi (New arrival), Moritz Leitner, Thomas Pledl, Koray Gunter

Benzia was very good for me on a previous save in the Premier League. Have been tracking on him in my Dortmund save but he's doing well at Lyon & would cost a bomb.

What are Leitner's stats for last season? I tried integrating him into to the team during the 3rd season after loaning him out for the 2nd, but he was generally very poor - never looked like scoring or assisting anything & didn't offer anything defensively either. Not planning to sell as he still has some great attributes but will probably loan him out again to a Bundesliga side for the 4th season.

Smashed my normal wage restrictions to sign Rooney for at the start of 4th season for 25m. Might regret it, but want to team him up with Welbeck. He's now a natural at AMC so I can play him just behind Welbeck with Reus & Muller either side. Neymar was also available for 43m, but to be honest I wanted Barca/Madrid to remain competitive in Europe against City/Chelsea so I steered clear and he went to Barca.

Congrats on winning the league :thup: How is Gunter getting on for you? I'm looking to rotate him with Albiol this season.

Sold Gotze to Man City for 46.5M. Brought in Alen Halilovic as his replacement

QpokuUs.png

Leitner's stats. Man United came in with a 25 million bid just then which i swiftly rejected. Leitner was played mainly as a DLP last season, but will compete with Pledl for the AP role this year.

On your note re; wages, just had discussions with Reus where he wanted 150k pw, and I don't want to break 100. Still 2 seasons left on his contract though.

@John1, Gunter has been great, and is why I sold Douglas for 26.5 million, as Gunter had pushed him out of the first team. Played about 25-30 games last season.

Yeah the rest of the squad was on 100k max (Muller + Reus). Just agreed an extension with Reus for 120k. Rooney is on 200k a week though...but he should hopefully make us more competitive again in the Champions League again. Won it in the first season but struggled to get out of the groups in seasons 2 & 3 before losing to Benfica (2nd round) & Spurs (Quarter-final).

How does Pledl perform too? I've come close to sign him every summer but Furth always want 10m+ and he still hasn't broken into their first team yet.

Good job getting 26.5m for Douglas. I seem to have a constant coming & going of 3rd/4th choice CB's. Santana, then Douglas, now signed Musacchio & Jerome Boateng on free transfers but don't fancy either of them to displace Hummels or Subotic.

@John I just signed Halilovic on a free in 2015. Still looks very promising but struggled with injuries, only just recovering from 6 months out.

I'll need to sell Lewandowski in the summer, damn update with the contract situation. Luckily if he keeps up how he's played so far 27 goals in 25 games I'll get a lot for me, what's the general idea on replacing him though; established awesome striker i.e. Falcao, Damiao? Or go down the youth path, Fierro, Volland, Benzia?

I also want to try and bring in Stegen, Draxler and Holtby, I've heard the latter is available quite cheap early on because he never gets a shot at Spurs

Good luck with Draxler! I've won the league the first 3 seasons but he's still not interested in moving to his rivals, and Schalke won't accept anything less than 40m either.

If you can get Falcao I'd go for him, on some games it seems he is transfer listed by request at the end of the first season, but on others (like mine) he signs a new contract so it depends if you're lucky I guess.

Volland is a very good deep lying forward/wide forward, not really a lone striker. I always to change my crosses to 'drill crosses' whenever I put him upfront as this get's the best out of him.

200px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

Pre season and August

2n0ubn4.png

Pretty happy with the pre season and should have won against Man Utd. Delighted to see the team scored 9 goals in 2 games :cool: Disappointed to beat Munster in extra time :thdn: Should have won it in 90 minutes but team keeps missing chances.

PTxnHe7.png

My Champions League Group -Man Utd, Ajax and Dinamo Moscow. Believe I can finish in top 2 :thup:

February

League

Dortmund 3-0 Freiburg; Lewandowski 1, 83, Gotze 21

Dortmund 1-1 Hannover; Gotze 2; Djourou 64

Dortmund 2-0 HSV; Reus 66, Błaszczykowski 90

Dortmund 3-0 Werder Bremen; Reus 13, Lewandowski pen 31, 66

Champions league

Ajax 3-2 Dortmund; Sigborosson 22, 65, 78; Błaszczykowski 64, Lewandowski 91

German Cup

Dortmund 2-1 Ingolstadt; Ducksch 1, 36; Leitl 90

March

League

Dortmund 1-0 Stuttgart; Bender 78

Dortmund 5-0 Mainz; Błaszczykowski 6, Gotze 24, Lewandowski pen 26, Reus 36, Leitner 72

Schalke 2-1 Dortmund; Huntelaar 55, 82; Błaszczykowski 77

Dortmund 3-0 Furth; Reus 26, 39, Lewandowski 48

Champions league

Dortmund 4-1 Ajax; Błaszczykowski 45, Subotic 66, 86, Grobkreutz 91; Hubschman pen 5

Sounds like a very similar first season to mine first cyborgscouse. Easily my most successful season so far winning the treble, with Lewandowski scoring over 30 goals in the league & 42 overall I think. After that season i managed to sell him for 47.5m, you should aim for 50!

Sounds like a very similar first season to mine first cyborgscouse. Easily my most successful season so far winning the treble, with Lewandowski scoring over 30 goals in the league & 42 overall I think. After that season i managed to sell him for 47.5m, you should aim for 50!

He's genuinely insane on this, looking at his stats I wasn't too concerned about replacing him but :eek: whoever comes in is going to have one hell of a time replicating him for me, pretty sure he's scored more goals than any other striker in the game and is scoring every 81 minutes according to his stats. Did you just list him at 47.5m or did you have to negotiate to get it that high?

I tend to 'offer to clubs' players that I want to sell for an exaggerated fee, with the hope of selling for about 80% of that price. But when I offered Lew out for 40m in June 2013 I got three offers straight away at 40m so figured I'd maybe offered too low. Rejected those offers and waited til August before offering him for 50m & think I got bids from R.Madrid & Barca for 47.5.

He's one of my fave players IRL too so initially I planned on keeping him til his contract expired, but you just don't get much funds at Dortmund or have many players to sell, so I figured that amount of money was worth more than one more season of him.

I am still hoping to re-sign him at some point though...as he doesn't rely too much on pace. But he's still an important first team player at Barcelona 4 years on.

I tend to 'offer to clubs' players that I want to sell for an exaggerated fee, with the hope of selling for about 80% of that price. But when I offered Lew out for 40m in June 2013 I got three offers straight away at 40m so figured I'd maybe offered too low. Rejected those offers and waited til August before offering him for 50m & think I got bids from R.Madrid & Barca for 47.5.

He's one of my fave players IRL too so initially I planned on keeping him til his contract expired, but you just don't get much funds at Dortmund or have many players to sell, so I figured that amount of money was worth more than one more season of him.

I am still hoping to re-sign him at some point though...as he doesn't rely too much on pace. But he's still an important first team player at Barcelona 4 years on.

Interesting getting that much for him, especially since my game still has his value at 19m aha. Every time I've tried to sell a player for a lot of money you always get teams doing that 70% over four years thing which would be annoying at Dortmund, who like you said don't seem to have a lot of players worth selling. It's really him and Gotze who'd bring in the most and I want to keep Gotze because he's been awesome as an AMC.

April

League

Dortmund 4-1 Gladbach; Lewandowski 5, 30, pen 36, Reus 61; Hanke 51

Dortmund 3-1 Frankfurt; Reus 16, 23, 79; Occean 45

Dortmund 2-1 Bayern; Lewandowski 21, 90; Pizarro 73

Dortmund 3-0 Wolfsburg; Subotic 30, Błaszczykowski 36, Reus 64

Champions league

Dortmund 1-1 Man Utd; Lewandowski 88; Van persie 11

Man Utd 1-0 Dortmund; Welbeck 81

I'd say sell Gotze to help keep the continuity with real life! But it's up to you.

I switched to 4-3-3 after the first season but Bittencourt has the potential to replace Gotze in future. He's really stepped it up now for me, scored a fantastic individual goal against Juventus in CL 2nd round, now scored a hat-trick against Bilbao in the Quarter final 1st leg (62 mins gone). I think that's about 10 goals & 5 assists in 10 games for him since the winter break. I'll post a screenshot of his stats later.

I'd say sell Gotze to help keep the continuity with real life! But it's up to you.

I switched to 4-3-3 after the first season but Bittencourt has the potential to replace Gotze in future. He's really stepped it up now for me, scored a fantastic individual goal against Juventus in CL 2nd round, now scored a hat-trick against Bilbao in the Quarter final 1st leg (62 mins gone). I think that's about 10 goals & 5 assists in 10 games for him since the winter break. I'll post a screenshot of his stats later.

I had the Gotze transfer put in the editor before I started, but I always do them for as soon as the window opens and then you get that message asking what your aims are about a month later which takes a lot of your funds away if any transfers are done before it. Bittencourt and Leitner have mostly been subs for me this season

Season 1 review

It's been fun doing my first season at Dortmund, lots of young highly skilled players and a massive amount of players from that country too. Despite being a limited squad size wise they showed that they're probably the best team in Germany this year when you take in their age.

League: winners.

German super cup: winners

German cup: winners

Champions league: Quarter finals (Damn Man Utd)

A nice set of trophies for my first year in charge of the club, the champions league was a little bit of a let down getting beaten in the quarter finals, but maybe next year.

My three star players

robertlewandowskistatso.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mariogtzestatsoverview.png

marcoreusstatsoverview.png

Lewandowski was insane like I've said all along, Gotze was insane as my AMC besides his few little injuries, and Reus turned it on in the second half of the season since I think he had two goals around November or December to his name

Where did you get to in Champions League? Congrats on winning the title in first season :thup: What's your plans for next season?

The chairman is so annoying, I asked for a merchandise feeder club to boost our income last and this season and failed to come up with a club :(

Where did you get to in Champions League? Congrats on winning the title in first season :thup: What's your plans for next season?

Quarter finals, Man Utd knocked me out 2-1 on aggregate :(

Thanks :) next season I'll be focusing on the league and Champions league, if I can increase the squad with enough quality players then the German cup too. Player wise I want to bring in a new keeper hopefully Stegen, two strikers if I can to replace Lewandowski, a rightback for competition for Piszczek while my regen develops and possibly even a winger if I could swing it. It seems a lot but after the league win and CL payout I've got a balance of 72m, Lewandowski is getting sold so who knows

Here's Bittencourt's current attributes in the 5th season. So far this season he has 12 goals & 8 assists in 23 (12) appearances.

bittencv.jpg

Regen CB who I signed on a free a few years ago, has now taken over from Subotic as Hummels first-choice CB partner:

regencb.jpg

Youth product winger. Most seasons I've had disappointing 2 1/2 star players, but 2014 was a good year with three 5 star PA's. The other two are out on loan this season (one ST, one LB) but as I rotate my attacking midfielders this guy's been in and around the first team squad. Has 3 goals & 2 assists in 7 league apps, plus 10 assists in just 15 appearances for Dortmund II this season.

regen1q.jpg

And some stats:

Reus is having his worst goalscoring season so far, but still nailing the assists.

reusstats.jpg

For anyone who doubts Welbeck as a Lewandowski replacement: A lot of his appearances in the first two seasons were as a sub too, he actually has 88 goals in 87 starts so far.

welbeckstats.jpg

Here's Bittencourt's current attributes in the 5th season. So far this season he has 12 goals & 8 assists in 23 (12) appearances.

bittencv.jpg

Regen CB who I signed on a free a few years ago, has now taken over from Subotic as Hummels first-choice CB partner:

regencb.jpg

Youth product winger. Most seasons I've had disappointing 2 1/2 star players, but 2014 was a good year with three 5 star PA's. The other two are out on loan this season (one ST, one LB) but as I rotate my attacking midfielders this guy's been in and around the first team squad. Has 3 goals & 2 assists in 7 league apps, plus 10 assists in just 15 appearances for Dortmund II this season.

regen1q.jpg

And some stats:

Reus is having his worst goalscoring season so far, but still nailing the assists.

reusstats.jpg

For anyone who doubts Welbeck as a Lewandowski replacement: A lot of his appearances in the first two seasons were as a sub too, he actually has 88 goals in 87 starts so far.

welbeckstats.jpg

Very nice

He should come available at some point John, he's never become a first team regular at Man Utd in any of my saves.

Messi wins WPOTY & best player in Europe pretty much every season on my save, which is fair enough as he seems to average 8+ every season.

I've put Błaszczykowski up for sale for 26m, valued at 20.5m, and Grobkreutz for 15m too. The latter wasn't doing it for me

Are you crazy about selling Blaszczykowski?! He was superb for me in first season. I would definitely sell Grobkreutz.

Might sell Blasz as well, struggling to get in as Grobkreutz playing well this season ahead of him.

Are you crazy about selling Blaszczykowski?! He was superb for me in first season. I would definitely sell Grobkreutz.

Might sell Blasz as well, struggling to get in as Grobkreutz playing well this season ahead of him.

Haha nope, I usually swap my teams about and sell the older players to replace them with better young ones as soon as I can. He had a very good season for me, but if I can get better or as good as with potential to improve for cheaper why not?

Chelsea offered 25M for Błaszczykowski. Decided I'm going to accept it, Might play Reus on AMR which he had done since the season started. Might look for his replacement, any suggestions?

Archived