FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

Sounds like a good plan enders. Keep an eye on Koray Gunter in the Under 20's, he looks a real talent. Good job bringing Rat in, as Schmelzer isn't adequately covered in my eyes.

Quite a few have sold Grosskreutz in here and although I've stuck with him and he seems more than capable thanks to his physical attributes, he is expendable if you want to bring in some of your own players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as I've yet to enjoy a proper save with Borussia Dortmund, I've decided to start one. I will run it alongside my long-term Arsenal save. Hopefully, I can alternate between the two well.

Just a brief summary: I'm aiming to replicate the real-life BVB, the one which have endeared themselves to many in the past few seasons. I'm going to play a possession yet progressive football with an emphasis on winning the ball back high-up the field. The transfer policy will mimic Borussia Dortmund's one in real-life, too.

As you've probably guessed, I've edited Mario Götze's €38-odd million move to FC Bayern München into the game, as well as various other transfer deals, meaning I'll be in a similar situation to Jürgen Klopp following the first season. I'm looking forward to see if I can retain this Bundesliga crown...

I just never found myself trusting Grosskreutz as a regular starter during the first season because his form was only ever around 6.8, so sold him at the end of that season. I'd bought Jefferson Montero at the start as a potential profit signing (had 1.7m release clause), but he ended up being my more impressive back-up winger during that first season.

Must say Danny Welbeck is doing fantastically as my Lew replacement. 33(11) apps, 26 goals so far. At the start of the season I rotated him & Volland as the main striker, but since Welbeck was scoring at almost a goal a game Volland plays more at RW at the moment.

- Volland still has 5 star potential and has done reasonably well this season.

- Shaqiri (rotates with Volland at RW) had a very poor start to the season but recently scored 3 goals in 4 league games and also has 5 star potential.

- Goretzka has been out on loan averaging 7.4 so will be part of first team squad next season, 5 star potential.

- Rode is a back-up, will probably send on loan next season. Only 3.5 potential but all the attributes for a fantastic ball winning midfielder if you need one.

- Leitner/Bittencourt both out on loan this season. Leitner has performed better but Bittencourt still seems to have more potential.

- Gunter doesn't seem to be progressing too well out on loan, but as Douglas is very unhappy with being 3rd choice CB I'll be selling him in the summer & using Gunter in the squad next season.

I mostly rotate him with Gotze but as an AMR support he's been brilliant. Bring him on late on and watch his pace destroy teams. I also taught him the knocks ball past players ppm, and he's improved further!

How's Błaszczykowski doing for you guys? Admittedly I'm only about 15 games in to my first season but he's been my worst player, averaging about 6.5

Look to offload him in the summer if you can. He played about 15 games straight towards the end of my first season. This got Bayern interested, eventually a bid came in and I wrestled them up to £27m. A price that was joyously accepted. Hang in there he may become a major boost to your transfer kitty if your lucky.

Just a suggestion to anyone interested. Lewis Holtby is dying to come back to Germany. Declare your interest early on and he should come round by January.

Aims for season 1

Win the league

Quarter/Semi finals of the champions league

Leitner, Bittencourt, Gunter, Dudziak to get at least 10 games in the season.

Dortmund looks a good team to play as, outside of Barcelona or Athletic Bilbao I haven't played any teams who have so many players from that country before. Its even better that they should all be awesome. Also what do people do about Sahin? A two year loan and a £5m agreed fee if you want to buy him

How's Błaszczykowski doing for you guys? Admittedly I'm only about 15 games in to my first season but he's been my worst player, averaging about 6.5

He was fantastic for me initially. I remember looking at him signing on previous saves but never going for him because scouts only give him 3 stars, but his pace and dribbling make him a real threat when you get to watch him on the game.

Having said this, I still sold him at the end of the first season. His form dropped off towards the end of the season & although he was a constant threat his passing (or lack of) meant he didn't pick up many assists. Sold him to Real Madrid for 22.5m, knowing there was potential to re-sign him for less in future as he'll never be a first teamer there (one of those stupid big club signings, but I guess they are realistic looking at Man City & Scott Sinclair). At the end of that season he's transfer listed by request, but with a large asking price though I expect that to drop.

What's the deal with Sahin - have any of you managed to sign him up permanently? I've bid for him every few weeks throughout the season and however happy he is, however well he and the team are playing, he'll never enter contract negotiations.

He was fantastic for me initially. I remember looking at him signing on previous saves but never going for him because scouts only give him 3 stars, but his pace and dribbling make him a real threat when you get to watch him on the game.

Having said this, I still sold him at the end of the first season. His form dropped off towards the end of the season & although he was a constant threat his passing (or lack of) meant he didn't pick up many assists. Sold him to Real Madrid for 22.5m, knowing there was potential to re-sign him for less in future as he'll never be a first teamer there (one of those stupid big club signings, but I guess they are realistic looking at Man City & Scott Sinclair). At the end of that season he's transfer listed by request, but with a large asking price though I expect that to drop.

He's actually totally turned around his poor form at the start of the season and has been fantastic for me pretty much since I made this first post. 9 goals, 3 assists, 7.26 average rating in 19 league starts and 3 sub appearances. I'm not sure how he's not played more actually.

I let Sahin go as well, Gundogan is playing brilliantly for me :cool: I'm tempted to sell Gotze at the end of the season, wants a new contract to 110K p/w and wouldn't even budge. Shall I sell him? Looking to play either Bittencourt or Amini as AMC.

Had few good intakes. Those two stands out for me:

Zr7icCv.png

Cg83W78.png

Probably play them next season, not entirely sure.

Already signed for next season:

Raffidine Abdullah - Will be Kehl's replacement.

Emerson Carmona - Back up to Ter Stegen.

Ronny Centeno - Was going to pull out of this deal but Ricken took over and accepted it /o\

That Kai Kurz looks interesting. I got three 5 star regens in the 2nd season, absolutely chuffed with that after getting only a couple of 2 1/2 star players at best in the first season.

I signed Sahin mainly because he's so cheap. His value is 10m+ so you could just sign him and sell him on for a profit. In the second season he outperformed Gundogan for me anyway.

Is Amini really that good on you're game? I've hardly taken a second glance at him, been out on loan and not pulling up any trees. I'd sell Gotze though to help keep the realism of the game, I felt too guilty about keeping him so had to sell.

That Kai Kurz looks interesting. I got three 5 star regens in the 2nd season, absolutely chuffed with that after getting only a couple of 2 1/2 star players at best in the first season.

I signed Sahin mainly because he's so cheap. His value is 10m+ so you could just sign him and sell him on for a profit. In the second season he outperformed Gundogan for me anyway.

Is Amini really that good on you're game? I've hardly taken a second glance at him, been out on loan and not pulling up any trees. I'd sell Gotze though to help keep the realism of the game, I felt too guilty about keeping him so had to sell.

I've played Amini few games this season and got MOTM in his first game, I'd definitely keep a eye on him. Decided I'm going to sell Gotze, Wanted new contract with 110k p/w and I only can offer 100K.

Just made it to Champions League Final :cool: After going through on away goal against Real Madrid. Won 2-1 away and lost 1-0 at home. Will play Man City. Will do season review at the end of the season.

Might sell Lewandowski as well, wouldn't sign new contract :( Brought in Andreas Cornelius in January and got 9 goals in 13 games so far.

started a dortmund save when FM13 was launched. Only entering season 3 now and got an offer from Madrid for Gondugan. Can sell him for 40 mil.

Should I? Tempted to, and this will give a chance to use Leitner and Bitterncourt more...hehe.

Finished my first season a couple of days ago. A pretty unremarkable season really, I finished 2nd in the league but 8 points behind Bayern and was never really challenging for the title. I was knocked out of the cup in Round 2 by Schalke and lost on away goals to Chelsea in the CL first knockout round. Highlights of the season were a 3-0 win away at Bayern in the league and home wins against Man City and Barcelona in the CL group stage.

Key players for the season were the entire back four (Pisczek, Schmelzer, Hummels, Subotic), Kehl, Gundogan, Reus, and Lewandowski. Reus was voted club player of the year; 16 goals and 21 assists!

I only made one signing, picking up Sebastian Rode in January who deputised well for Bender and Kehl when called upon. I did arrange for Leon Goretzka and ter Stegen to join in the first summer too.

On to season two now and I'm losing Gotze (having programmed in his move to Bayern) and accepted a £23.5m cash-up-front bid from Madrid for Lewandowski rather than lose him on a free in a year's time. I have used the money from those deals and a £13m budget to sign:

Isco (£18m and most similar, affordable AM I could find to Gotze)

Rodrigo (£18.5m and very similar to Lewandowski)

Kevin Volland (£18m, cover for Rodrigo that could replace him if he fulfills his potential)

Sebastian Jung (£6.5m good, young German cover for Piszcek)

Bruno Martins Indi (free, added depth at CB)

Marc Muniesa (free, cover for CB and LB)

Siebe Schrijvers (£1.2m talented, young Belgian striker)

...and 3 newgens from other German teams for nominal amounts.

I have also snapped up Dennis Praet but left him at Anderlecht for the season. He'll come in and cover for Gundogan once Sahin's loan finishes.

The club made a £55m profit last year, so I put a few £££s on the above deals as future payments. I don't intend to live beyond my means in any future transfer windows though. The squad's strong now and has a lot of players that can improve significantly - and I've had the board invest in new training facilities, new youth facilities, improved youth scouting and better junior coaching to make sure the current players and newgens are as good as possible.

started a dortmund save when FM13 was launched. Only entering season 3 now and got an offer from Madrid for Gondugan. Can sell him for 40 mil.

Should I? Tempted to, and this will give a chance to use Leitner and Bitterncourt more...hehe.

I'm only at the start of season two but I can't imagine letting Gundogan go, he's the heartbeat of my team. But £40m would be very tempting...

Managed to sign Thomas Muller in the summer of 2014 :D Had masses of funds from a lot of sales, Bayern were interested in Sahin and Vidal was transfer listed at Juve. So managed to include Sahin in the deal for Muller and sign Vidal to replace him.

So planned line-up for this season:

-----------------Welbeck

Reus--------------Muller--------Shaqiri/Volland

-----------Gundogan--Vidal

Schmelzer--Hummels--Subotic--Carvajal

---------------Ter Stegen

Also considering using a 4-3-3 sometimes bringing in Bender for Welbeck, playing with Muller as a false 9 with Reus & Volland either side. Sold off most of the foreign players I'd brought in so Gunter, Goretzka, Bittencourt & Leitner make up the majority of the bench.

LB is probably the only position I'd like to improve, but although there's plenty of LB's at a similar level to Schmelzer there's not many better. Considering Rojo from Sporting but don't think he's enough of an improvement to make 16.5m worth it.

Biggest transfer target is now Draxler though with the intention of playing him RW.

Currently in season two after winning the treble this is my squad. Sales for almost 250 and a profit of 150 +/-

Weindenfeller/Horn

Peruzzi/Koch/Hoffman

Huth/Bell/Hoffman

Hummels/Gunter/Hoffman

Schmelzer/Koch/Hoffman

Bender/Kehl/Hoffman

Sahin/Goretzka

Reus/Allione

Gundogan/Leitner/Usaki

Volland/Bittencourt

Jovetic/Pizarro

January season 1, only signed Eduardo Salvio on loan to help cover the right wing.

So many good players are transfer listed, but I have no money :/

Anyway, I'm sitting in first by 2 points over Bayern. The rest of the pack are way off.

August

League

Dortmund 5-1 Dusseldorf; Lewandowski pen 18, 31, 80, Bittencourt 23, 75; Rafael 34

Super Cup

Dortmund 2-1 Bayern; Blaszczykowski 39, Suboctic 45; Ribery 73

German Cup

Dortmund 7-0 Berliner AK; Gotze 33, 76, Blaszczykowski 40, Ducksch 53, 55, Schieber 63, Gunter 87

Season two just finished and I am champions! I went in to the final game of the season - at home to Hoffenheim - knowing that victory would definitely secure the title. At half-time I was 1-0 down and went 2-0 down immediately from second half kick-off. With Bayern winning elsewhere the title was seemingly lost, but I had an incredible comeback and won 5-2! Four goals from Rodrigo (who has been a revelation), and a 40 yard screamer from Marco Reus - one of the best FM13 strikes I've ever seen, it was our third goal and genuinely had me out of my seat.

I lost on penalties in the German Cup Semi-Final to Leverkusen and was beaten 3-1 AET by Manchester United in the Champions League Final. There were some really incredible games this year but the pinnacle was a ridiculous 6-0 first leg victory against Real Madrid in the CL Semi-Final. Every time we went forward we seemed to score, and we were incredibly good defensively.

Players of the season: my Gotze and Lewandowski replacements both had mammoth years - Isco and Rodrigo come very highly recommended! Sven Bender was the other stand-out performer, averaging 8.2 in the league sitting as an Anchor Man. To ease the pressure on him this year my only summer signing for the first team is his brother Lars, who will play as a BWM in the centre of the pitch.

Goretzka and Gunter had impressive loan spells at Bundesliga clubs and will come in to the squad for the new season. Sahin returns to Madrid, Kehl retires and Pol Balleste comes in as third choice 'keeper with Langerak off to Nurnberg for £850k. Bruno Martins Indi, a free transfer at the end of season one, is now challenging Subotic for the second CB spot alongside Hummels.

Season 2 team (and significant back-up) was:

GK - ter Stegen

RB A - Piszczek (Jung)

LB - Schmelzer (Hartherz)

CB - Subtoic (Martins Indi)

CB - Hummels

DM A - Bender

CM BWM - Rode

CM AP - Gundogan (Sahin)

LW IF - Reus

RW W - Isco (Kuba)

AF - Rodrigo (Volland)

-- generally played control/attacking against weaker opposition and counter attacking against Bayern, Schalke and tough CL opposition. I also used a 3-5-2 on occasion and would switch the DM for an AM in my 4-3-3 if I was chasing a game. High defensive line, pressing all over pitch, high-tempo.

September

League

Dortmund 1-1 Nurnberg; Hummels 92; Mak 58

Dortmund 2-1 Freiburg; Gundogan 19, Gotze 84; Schuster 70

Hannover 1-0 Dortmund; Diouf 70

Dortmund 4-2 HSV; Lewandowski 2, 12, Hummels 35, Blaszczykowski 90; Rudnevs 33, Jiracek 83

Dortmund 3-1 Werder Bremen; Lewandowski 4 pen 18, Hummels 54; Bruyne 56

Champions league

Dortmund 6-2 Olympiakos; Lewandowski pen 8, 22, 40, 63, Gundogan 45, Leitner 90; Ibragaza 47, 81

October

League

Dortmund 3-0 Stuttgart; Gundogan 4, Lewandowski 22, 38

Dortmund 1-1 Mainz; Bittencourt 3; Szalai 90

Dortmund 2-0 Schalke; Subotic 45, Lewandowski 60

Champions league

Dortmund 2-0 Fernabache; Lewandowski 61, Gundogan pen 85

Dortund 3-1 Barcelona; Lewandowski 21, 47, 58 :D; Messi 14

German cup

Dortmund 1-0 Wolfsburg; Lewandowski 58 **** he's a god in this save

Hi

In preseason during second season i sold lewandowski for 54 M Euro, and Blaszczykowski for nice 22 M Euro ;)

I managed to get Falcao for 35 M Euro

How did you managed to sign Falcao?! I tried to sign him and he wouldn't join me. First time He was interested to join me but couldnt match his wage,signing on fee and agent fee :( Went for him second time, refused to discuss the move with me. Going to try again in the summer.

Also instead of a new striker in the second season how would Reus do as an advanced forward, and then just buy a player to do my AML role?

I would stick Reus as AML. He's having a superb season for me as AML :cool:

Going to do my season review in a minute :)

@ john1

luckily i won CL, finished 2nd in bundesliga and grabbed German cup. That's made falcao possible to sign, also he was transfer listed.

But after one season i sold him for 30 M Euro to Arsenal, because he was performing very inconsistent and scored only 18 league goals in 30 matches.

I bought kevin volland from hoffenheim for 13 M Euro and he is brilliant so far, scored 12 goals and got 11 assists in 19 matches.

Finished my first season!

Won the league, pretty easily in the end. Won the German Cup, in like the 117th minute against Mainz, was stoked as we played awful.

Not sure who I should bring in yet, I'll be getting rid of Lewandowski and Gotze, even though they both had awesome seasons.

Unfortunately at this point, only Bayern have matched my asking price of 45M for Lewandowski, with no other offers. And was only offered 23M for Gotze so I'll wait a bit

200px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

Season 2012-13 review

Bundesliga - Runners up

Absolutely gutted to missed out on the title by a point, I put it down to poor start at the start of the season, Was hoping Schalke to beat them for us which didn't happen :(

DFB Pokal - 2nd Round -

Played my U's19 as I wasn't interested in this competition.

Champions League - Runners up

Gutted to lose in the final :( Man City was far superior than us, Delighted to come back from 2 goals down, Ter Stegen made a mistake with Augero's goal. İlkay Gündoğan was named MOTM.

My players of the season - Matt Hummels, Sven Bender, Mario Götze, Marco Reus and Robert Lewandoski

Future transfer I have made: Igor Ponomarenko - Snapped him up for 180K which is a bargain, my chief scout (Luciano D'Onofrio) was crazy about him and urged me to sign him.

Plans for next season

Planning to sell Lewandowski due to his contact running out next season, tempting to keep Gotze for another season before offloading him.

Lewandoski's possible replacement - Falcao, Javier Hernández or Kevin Volland.

Sold Lewandoski to Juventus for 45M. Man Utd want 34M for Hernandez, Madrid kept rejecting my offer for Falcao. Hoffeinheim keeps rejecting my bid for Volland, also went to press saying I want him.

In talks with Erme Can from Bayern, Hervin Ongenda from PSG (8.5M)

EDIT: Falcao just signed new contract :(

EDIT 2: Also keeping a eye on Sam Annan from FC Twente, Shall I go for him?

PiiBhd2.png

Sold Lewandoski to Juventus for 45M. Man Utd want 34M for Hernandez, Madrid kept rejecting my offer for Falcao. Hoffeinheim keeps rejecting my bid for Volland, also went to press saying I want him.

In talks with Erme Can from Bayern, Hervin Ongenda from PSG (8.5M)

EDIT: Falcao just signed new contract :(

EDIT 2: Also keeping a eye on Sam Annan from FC Twente, Shall I go for him?

PiiBhd2.png

He's got loads of potential but lack of composure might mean he never becomes an incredible player. But he's likely to be worth a shot.

Falcao was my main target on my save to replace Lew, but also signed a new contract at the end of the first season. I went for Welbeck, who some people may not like but, so far he's scored 30 league goals in 33 league starts for me (as of March 2014/15). He's been injured for the last few months which was a big blow initially, but Volland's started playing really well recently.

Just beat Real Madrid 3-0 on aggregate in the Champions League 2nd round. To say it flattered us would be an under-statement; 0-0 in both legs but then Marcelo was sent off in the 85th minute at home, so went on to dominate extra-time and score 3 quick fire goals :D

League is very competitive this season, first time that Bayern have played to their potential free-scoring and winning most games whilst Schalke have the best defence.

Schalke 63 +40

Dormund 62 +46

Bayern 59 +42

with 7 games to go.

Top goalscorers so far this season:

Reus 28 games, 16 goals, 14 assists

Welbeck 14(11) games, 13 goals, 8 assists

Volland 15(8) games, 11 goals, 5 assists

Muller 29(5) games, 7 goals, 12 assists

Shaqiri 28(6) games, 7 goals, 10 assists

The board agreed to upgrade our Junior Coaching :cool: Signed Can from Bayern for 6M. Tempted to stick with 4-4-2 next season or switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1.

Not going to splash a lot this season, Just looking for a striker and then I'm done.

EDIT: Managed to unsettle Volland :D

EDIT 2: Moved up 32 places to 33rd in European club ranking.

Who plays in your 4-4-2? I've been playing 4-3-3 as my main formation, using 4-2-3-1 if Bender is injured (my only natural 4 star DM).

Ter Stegen

Piszczek

Hummels

Albidol

Schmelzer

Gotze/Błaszczykowski

Bender

İlkay Gündoğan

Reus

Lewandoski

Cornelius

Tempted to use 4-2-3-1 to use our wide attacking players (Reus etc etc)

He's worth the money, very versatile across the front line and no problems settling in. Reus definitely plays best for me in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 at LW (inside forward - attack), but Kuba is well suited to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Volland also has good attributes for L or RW in 4-2-3-1, I play him a fair amount at RW so he can cut inside as in inside forward.

Archived