FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are people finding Luis Suárez cant seem to get him performing right

After reading a thread by Cleon (I think) in the Tactics forum I've tried playing Suarez as a Trequartista in a 41221 formation and it seems to really suit him. I'd hoped to be able to play in in the AML position and have an out-and-out goalscorer upfront, but such has been the improvement on the team performances with him as a Treq that I'm happy to take the hit in terms of his goals scored.

Hi guys!

Need your help!

What kind off tactic do you use?

I'm struggling with my 4-1-2-2-1

I got a lot of new players for season 2, maybe this is also a major problem (team cohesion,...)

My usual starting line up looks like:

Der Stegen

WBL - A : Alaba

WBR - A: Johnson

CBL - D : Agger

BPD - D : Hummels

DM - D : M'Villa

DLP - S : Lucas

ADP - A : Hamsik

IF - A : Isco

W - S : Gerrard

Treq: Suarez

I can't create enough CCCs.

Any advice?

Can anyone tell me if the tax bug is fixed?? im in 4th season doing pretty well sterling looking quality,., Last year I paid 36m in tax this year ive already paid 28m in tax and im mid way through december:( I really dont want to start again any1 help

Its fixed, before you'd be paying around 80-90m per season in tax

Hi guys!

Need your help!

I got a lot of new players for season 2, maybe this is also a major problem (team cohesion,...)

Der Stegen

Any advice?

Your formation is very close to mine and I generally do ok. It does look like a lot of new faces might be causing issues. What are your Team Instructions set to?

Your formation is very close to mine and I generally do ok. It does look like a lot of new faces might be causing issues. What are your Team Instructions set to?

Counter

Balanced

Shorter passing

Drill Crosses

I think that's it

I use some shouts:

Retain possesions

hassle opp.

push higher

stay on feet

play into space

Hi guys!

Need your help!

Der Stegen

Any advice?

I'd say your final third is too congested... you've got the Inside forward, advanced playmaker and your treq all vying for the same space of the pitch essentially... make suarez an advanced forward or at least something more forward thinking and you should create a bit more space... but that's without knowing your team settings etc of course

I'd say your final third is too congested... you've got the Inside forward, advanced playmaker and your treq all vying for the same space of the pitch essentially... make suarez an advanced forward or at least something more forward thinking and you should create a bit more space... but that's without knowing your team settings etc of course

It seems to be ok for me, so I wonder if it's down to Team Cohesion?

My formation has the AML as W-S, the ADvP-A in the MCl position, with the AMR being an IF-A. I also only have my DR set to WB-A. This generally tends to drag play down the left hand side as the ADvP and Treq drift into the space provided by the winger hugging the touchline. This then also creates overlap opportunities on the right hand side for the IF and WB.

I found that playing Suarez or Borini in, for example, an Advanced Forward role left them too isolated and crowded out.

Back mo-fo's. How's life? Startin' me new game tonight, Wellington Nem and Insua plan to be my first signings.

Cole, Doni, Downing, Henderson & Pacheco all going instantly.

Welcome back mate thought Delph was always your 1st signing :p

Welcome back mate thought Delph was always your 1st signing :p

Alright mate,

Haha, you know I might have to sign him just for loyalty ;)

Started off playing Classic mode for now, never played 12 so need to get back into the swing of it. Had to say i'd quality for Europa so only got 3 lousy million, can't seem to shift Cole,Downing or Henderson!

Is it still possible to sell Downing in the first season for 20 mill?

Only seem to get loan options for him :/

I'm offering him out for 5M and he won't leave unless I pay wages for the remainder of his contract! Rot in the reserves for all I care. Haha

Alright mate,

Haha, you know I might have to sign him just for loyalty ;)

Started off playing Classic mode for now, never played 12 so need to get back into the swing of it. Had to say i'd quality for Europa so only got 3 lousy million, can't seem to shift Cole,Downing or Henderson!

I only get loan deals in the 1st season but you may get Fulham offering 10mill for Downing

I only get loan deals in the 1st season but you may get Fulham offering 10mill for Downing

Henderson has gone on loan to QPR, Cole being fussy, Downing won't go unless I pay 40% of his wages for 2 years, can rot in reserves and hopefully he'll go in Jan or the summer.

I was going to ship out Downing too, but he just finished the season with 5 goals and 20 assists. I might have to turn a blind eye to those wages (at least for one more season).

Well at least if I can't ship out, there's a chance he might impress me. Looking likely that he'll be staying although Assaidi, Sterling and Wellington will be my first choice wingers.

Premier League is underway! Up first was the derby.

Gerrard & Lucas injured and a unfit Suarez & Enrique. 4-2-3-1 -

Pepe

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Insua

Allen, Shelvey

Assaidi, Suso, Wellington Nem

Borini.

Dominated the game then Jelavic scored on the 60th minute. Carried on dominating, then YES, we got a penalty, we got a pen, so had a little party, then realised I hadn't set my takers, big Danny Agger steps up.. BANG! 1-1. Grabs me a point on my first game in charge. Sound that. :D

Assaidi is absolutely gash on FM. However first season Cole was good for me, Downing i sold for 5mill at the start of season 2. Cole has just retired at start of season 3 as has Litmanen and Carra because i didnt play them once.

Hendo has been brilliant for me, apart from being injured alot. re trained him as a WBR for back up sake. because Kelly and Mcloughlin are sooo injury prone its unreal, tho i just signe Seb Corchia (quite beastly on the stat front) Pacheco showed promise but just didnt do aswell as first season so flogged him. flogged Carroll start of second season shame as i like him IRL.

i dont understand why the Liverpool data team dont think Shelvey is going to be much in the future, i saw his potential was 133, REALLY?? especially when Ramsey is 177 (better than most including Suso) anyone else reckon Shelvey deserves a buff? however he has performed well for me in the AM role, scoring REALLY important goals.

Anyways, End of season two i came away with: Prem again on goals tho :) its my main focus, CL winners beat Real 2-1 in final was awesome as i beat Zenit in the semi's and they were the previous winners, also played 2 won 2 against Barca!! Lost in FA Cup Semi to Man U. Lost first round in League cup against Arsenal they didnt have their reserves out tho lol.

Also got my new signing who is apparently got the potential to be the best player of his generation. I spotted him at Ajax at the start of season two, so i had to pay through the nose for him. £21 million and he hadnt kicked a ball. BUT he has had 5* potential since. looks good and glad one of his strengths is consistancy!

Premier League is underway! Up first was the derby.

Gerrard & Lucas injured and a unfit Suarez & Enrique. 4-2-3-1 -

Pepe

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Insua

Allen, Shelvey

Assaidi, Suso, Wellington Nem

Borini.

Dominated the game then Jelavic scored on the 60th minute. Carried on dominating, then YES, we got a penalty, we got a pen, so had a little party, then realised I hadn't set my takers, big Danny Agger steps up.. BANG! 1-1. Grabs me a point on my first game in charge. Sound that. :D

they were my first game too, beat them 1-0 thanks to a Borini pen i think... he is immense! keep him

Not sure if that was wise, I hate Downing that much, swapped for Nathan Dyer on 28K a week. Still have to pay Downing 30K a week, but still saving 30K still on wages and I despise the lad, Dyer is young and got potential to be a quality player so probably a wise move actually. Just convinced myself it was a good deal. Haha

they were my first game too, beat them 1-0 thanks to a Borini pen i think... he is immense! keep him

I'll keep him, I was considering getting rid next season, but he's actually got boss stats. Mind you, he's boss in real life, just hasn't settled in yet for us.

Just seen your post, I've got rid of Henderson, never thought about training him to be WBR as back-up. Just don't like him enough tbh. haha.

ah thats a shame, Hendo is really good and i think he will be IRL too, maybe not as good as say Shelvey, Suso or Raheem but deffo one of those steady eddie type players, Carrick ect the ones nobody including their own mums like.

Borini is a good goalscorer on here too. I had him and Suarez just ripping people to shreds in season one, although season two Borini was abit lack luster, apart from big goals, when i needed him to score he did.

Yeah, saying that he's only out on loan at QPR but they have a option to buy him, first team football will do him good and if they don't buy or he can't agree terms I'll take him back.

Suso, Borini & Suarez just gave me a 3-0 away win in Europa. That Wellington Nem caused all kinds of problems, he was a steal for 3.5M.

Yeah, saying that he's only out on loan at QPR but they have a option to buy him, first team football will do him good and if they don't buy or he can't agree terms I'll take him back.

Suso, Borini & Suarez just gave me a 3-0 away win in Europa. That Wellington Nem caused all kinds of problems, he was a steal for 3.5M.

i didnt bother with Nem, just trusted Sterling and Suarez/Borini on the AML front.

does anyone have any decent formations where i can use two strikers?

The best formation I've found with two strikers is the 4-3-1-2 with a DLF or CF support and a Poacher or Advanced Forward. This is one of my three prepared tactics, although I find myself needing it less and less as time goes on.

Once again MH2K account has gone! So on this one for the time being, Only got FM13 today, skipped FM12 so it's been about 2 years since I've played it! The old ones still about? LFC7, Glen, Dburns & stevieg32201?

Alright mate knew you started playing as you come up on my steam account when you start playing, how you been ? am playing fmc mode myself can get a bit hard with morale but i like it more than the full game

Alright mate knew you started playing as you come up on my steam account when you start playing, how you been ? am playing fmc mode myself can get a bit hard with morale but i like it more than the full game

Alright mate, not been to bad you? Yeah it's nice the way it's dead quick to play through sometimes got boring having to do so much in the full game, but hate not being able to shout at the players after sh**e performances. Can't seem to get the players to play either, doing terrible. That loss to Norwich has killed me off. Haha

Just finished Season 5 and am doing something crazy, Arsenal have this amazing LB regen and want over £60M for him but will swap him for Sterling and Shelvey which ive agreed to, Sterling is great but i have Gotze ahead of him. See if they accept it first

Just finished Season 5 and am doing something crazy, Arsenal have this amazing LB regen and want over £60M for him but will swap him for Sterling and Shelvey which ive agreed to, Sterling is great but i have Gotze ahead of him. See if they accept it first

Bloody hell lad! He must be good for you to offer that though haha. Yeah plus LB is like the hardest position to find in footie. Midfielders and wingers are everywhere, loads of boss ones!

Alright mate, not been to bad you? Yeah it's nice the way it's dead quick to play through sometimes got boring having to do so much in the full game, but hate not being able to shout at the players after sh**e performances. Can't seem to get the players to play either, doing terrible. That loss to Norwich has killed me off. Haha

Yer not too bad myself mate, dont miss the team talks at all, if your players are playing bad fine the ones that have played a few games and got crap ratings also just use a default tactic. I found it hard at first without team talks but you get in to it, play callejon upfront as a poacher or borini, they done well for me, i played gerrard amc and Suarez on the right as winger attack and he was great

Bloody hell lad! He must be good for you to offer that though haha. Yeah plus LB is like the hardest position to find in footie. Midfielders and wingers are everywhere, loads of boss ones!

i badly want him plus i can hopefully buy Sterling back haha

Yer not too bad myself mate, dont miss the team talks at all, if your players are playing bad fine the ones that have played a few games and got crap ratings also just use a default tactic. I found it hard at first without team talks but you get in to it, play callejon upfront as a poacher or borini, they done well for me, i played gerrard amc and Suarez on the right as winger attack and he was great

i badly want him plus i can hopefully buy Sterling back haha

Good, yeah true, like everything else i'll get used to it and probably be glad I don't have to mess about doing it. Been playing 4-2-3-1 but f****d about with the tactics in the editor and it all went tits up haha. So Sterling, Gerrard, Suarez behind Borini or Callejon. Then I've got Welllington, Assaidi, Suso and Dyer as back-up.

Haha, you know they ain't guna let you sign him back for at least 3 years.

Deadline Day.. the window is officially shut! Eventful transfer window for us like..

Ins:

Insua - 750K

Wellington Nem - 3.5M

Nathan Dyer - Straight swap for Downing.

In Loans

John Guidetti

Jose Callejon

Mauro Icardi

Outs:

Doni - 575K

Out Loans:

Henderson

Pacheco

Wisdom

Coady

J.Cole

Mgoo

Flanno

Robinson

Good, yeah true, like everything else i'll get used to it and probably be glad I don't have to mess about doing it. Been playing 4-2-3-1 but f****d about with the tactics in the editor and it all went tits up haha. So Sterling, Gerrard, Suarez behind Borini or Callejon. Then I've got Welllington, Assaidi, Suso and Dyer as back-up.

Haha, you know they ain't guna let you sign him back for at least 3 years.

Am playing 4-2-3-1 myself and i know am gonna have to wait a few years haha

Deadline Day.. the window is officially shut! Eventful transfer window for us like..

Ins:

Insua - 750K

Wellington Nem - 3.5M

Nathan Dyer - Straight swap for Downing.

In Loans

John Guidetti

Jose Callejon

Mauro Icardi

Outs:

Doni - 575K

Out Loans:

Henderson

Pacheco

Wisdom

Coady

J.Cole

Mgoo

Flanno

Robinson

Some good signings there Nem is a beast of a player

Am playing 4-2-3-1 myself and i know am gonna have to wait a few years haha

Some good signings there Nem is a beast of a player

Reckon I just need the players to gel, Swansea next, must win, guna get sacked at this rate haha.

I know, whats with that, 3.5M for him, bargain. Was surprised when I seen how good he was, thought he'd just be a average kid. haha.

Archived