FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Signed Yarmolenko on deadline day for 20m , dont normally spend a lot but felt I needed a left sided player after Gervinho departed

Hopefully 20m is not to much?

You probably could have gotten a younger cheaper option like Tom Ince, I usually use Podolski on the left though.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal-FC11_zps43885b1a.jpg

just so everyone knows I ll be using the above image for my new save with the offcial update & usual image for one I've already started(currently in 2019/20 season) which uses the default database- I may do a third one with a legends DB but its unlikely

Season 1 September

Prem; 01/9/2012; Craven Cottage; Arsenal 1-1 Fulham Podolski 45 , Emanuelson 63

Prem; 15/09/12; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd: Wilshere 8 , Giroud 29 , Van Persie (Pen) 60 , Mertesacker 90

C.L(G.S); 19/09/12; Parc De Princes; Arsenal 0-0 PSG

Prem; 22/09/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Swansea; Goretzka 12 , Shechte 31 , Eduardo 52

C1C(Rd 3); 26/09/12; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham: Eduardo 52

Prem; 29/02/19; Stadium Of Light; Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland: Wilshere 17 , Eduardo 19 , Giroud 21 , Johnson 43 , N'Diyae S/O 49 , Fletcher S/O 82

I've also changed my formation

arsenal3_zps43becba8.jpg

Season 1 October

C.L(G.S); 03/10/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Schalke: Giroud 16 , Eduardo 57 , Affellay 87

Prem; 06/10/12; DW Stadium; Arsenal 3-0 Reading: Podolski (pen 24) , Giroud 49 , Eduardo 87

Prem; 20/10/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Southampton: Eduardo 43 & 68

Cl(G.S); 24/10/12; De Kuip; Arsenal 3-1 Feyenood: Podolski (Pen) 42 , Pelle 53 , Giroud 62 & 92

Prem; 27/10/12; Emirates; Arsenal 5-0 Tottenham: Podolski 2 & 8 , Giroud 12 & 48 , Eduardo 83

C1C(Rd 3); 31/10/12; Brittania; Arsenal 1-2 Stoke: Shawcross 37 , Jones 67 , Koscielny 84

Overall a good month. a little disappointed to lose to a Tony Pulis side whom i hated since his behavior over the Ramsey-Shawcross Incident but as I Played my second team I wasn't to bothered, lots of positives so far having scored in all but one match and only conceed 1 or less goals when playing my first choice team but I don't expect to keep this record!! the highlight of the season is undoubtedly the 5-0 trashing of Spurs!!!

Decided to restart my Arsenal save.

I want to have a more competitive, testing pre-season in order to create a more consistent tactic. I've also decided to remove Jack Wilshere's injury at the start of the save, allowing me to pick JW10 from the outset.

Expect an update or two, on here, over the weekend :thup:

Decided to restart my Arsenal save.

I want to have a more competitive, testing pre-season in order to create a more consistent tactic. I've also decided to remove Jack Wilshere's injury at the start of the save, allowing me to pick JW10 from the outset.

Expect an update or two, on here, over the weekend :thup:

Never takes you long to restart. :D

February 2013 - March 2013

Arsenal 2-0 Stoke - Podolski 9', 68'

Sunderland 3-0 Arsenal

(FA) Ipswich 2-4 Arsenal - Podolski 3', Jenkinson 34', Wilshere 62', Ramsey 65'

(FA) Arsenal 2-0 Burnley - Diaby 85', 89'

(UCL) Porto 1-1 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain 31'

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa

Tottenham 0-0 Arsenal

Premier League

Sitting in 5th place, hampered by inconsistency and lack of goalscoring. Spurs sit top on 64 points with 10 games to go, Man Utd 2nd on 63, Chelsea 3rd on 62, it appears a straight fight between Man City in 4th on 56 and myself on 51 points for the last UCL spot. Shame to see Spurs so far ahead of us. Liverpool in 6th are back on 43 points. We have had 2 really poor defeats recently too, and need a big run (something like 10 consecutive wins?)

Champions League

Drew 1-1 with Porto at Dragao and now in a good position for return leg at Emirates.

FA Cup

Somehow in round 6 at home to Stevenage (funnily enough my local team and nominal 2nd time in real life) after 10-man Burnley utterly outplayed us, Ipswich gave us a scares in both ties too. So hopefully a semi final soon!

Injuries

Vermaelen 5-9 weeks away from returning. Giroud is back in full training and came off the bench at White Hart Lane.

arsenal-1_zps7db11a7f.jpg

2019/20 Season March Update

Prem; 07/03/20; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Blackpool: Mohamed 2 , Fierro 14 & 50 & 55 , Kockaert 79

CL(1st K/O RD leg 2); 11/03/20; Emirates; Arsenal 0(4)-(2)0 PSG:

Prem; 15/03/20; St James' Park; Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle: Papadopoulos 23

Prem 18/03/20; Turk Moor; Arsenal 4-0 Burnley: Oxlade-Chamberlain 23 , Cavani 37 & 53 , Fierro 84

F.A(Rd 6); 21/03/20; Liberty; Arenal 1-0 Swansea: Cavani 34

Prem; 28/03/20; Emirates; Arsenal 5-2 Chelsea: Mohamed 8 , Ongenda 12 , Dowling 20 , Mohamed 32 ,Lukaku 33 , Obi-Mikel O/G 34 , Goretzka 55

So I got the first season out the way. Shocking first half. Ended up 8 points from a Champions League spot in the end though.

graphddk.png

This is the starting 11 and tactic that got me through the second half of the season. You will notice a few names not in the squad. This is the squad I intend to go into the second season with.

My problem, is who to pick.

Adryan is somewhat wasted in that DLP position. He is a player who can take the ball forward, not just sit in the hole and play the ball.

If I was to move Adryan into a more forward position I am then looking at other players not getting the game time I want them to get.

Cazorla has already been shifted out onto the wide playmaking position whilst I already rotate Wilshere, The Ox and Ward Prowse in the AM role.

I know I should get rid of one of the above, or possibly two. Cazorla would be the first I look at in that regard because he is getting on but out of all them he probably fits the wide playmaking role the most.

arsenalteama.png

FMRTE used only to add me and my mate to our local side Canvey Island with a 160 potential and watch how we get on without actually interfering :)

Season 1 November

Prem; 03/11/12; Loftus Rd; Arsenal 3-1 QPR: Gibbs 18 , Podolski 23 , Remy 53 , Giroud 64

CL(G.S); 07/11/12; Emirates; Arsenal 5-1 Feyenoord: Giroud 9 , Squallaci 11 , Giroud 21 , Podolski 36 , Eduardo 57 , Immers 88

Prem; 10/11/12; Goodison Park; Arsenal 1-0 Everton: Giroud 31

Prem; 17/11/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Aston Vill: Giroud 6 , Monreal 18

CL(G.S); 21/11/12; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 PSG: Monreal 5 , Podolski 25 & 43

Prem; 24/11/12; Stamford Bridge; Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea: Torres 3 , Walcott 10 , Vela 42 , Coquelin 78

An excellent month with great wins over , Feyenoord, PSG & Chelsea. 17 goals scored for only 3 conceeded!!!

Season 1 December

Prem; 01/12/12; Emirates; Arsenal 0-0 Man City:

CL(G.S); 05/12/12; Veltins-Arena; Arsenal 1-1 Schalke: Draxler 13 , Eduardo 32

Prem; 08/12/12; St James' Park; Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle Podolski 34 & 67

Prem; 12/12/12; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Reading: Wilshere 80 , Eduardo 84 , Gnarby 89

Prem; 15/12/12; Brittania; Arsenal 1-0 Stoke: Akpom 17

Prem; 22/12/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 West Ham: Cazorla 13 , Podolski 72

Prem; 26/12/12; Carrow Rd; Arsenal 1-0 Norwich: Giroud 46

Prem; 29/12/12; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool: Wilshere 4 & 35

12 games into the second season and I am top without losing a game. Complete opposite to the first season.

We have kept 10 clean sheets and Giroud is top league scorer with 10 goals.

The only non-regen player I have bought in is Diame who has only made 1 appearance so far anyway. Once he returns from injury I will rotate him with Nianggolan, use his tutor potential where possible, then flog him for a profit once Romero is ready for the first team.

Just finalised my January 2016 signings on JDownie's Tycooon save. Thoughts on my First XI:

ScreenShot2013-03-16at220752_zps996356e9.png

£337m spent in the Transfer window. If this team doesn't get results, then god knows how much I'll need to spend.

Your tactic is flawed btw.

A poor workman always blames his tools. :D

Hush down, Tom :o

Come on Llew stick with it, I have Spurs 11 points clear of me with 8 games to go and I am still sticking at it!

No going back now, I've over-written my old Arsenal save with the new one. Glad to have both Jack Wilshere and Tomáš Rosický available from the outset.

starting a new game, got mulumbu and damiao last one but it diddn't feel right!

has anyone signed cavani? dunno how much i can get him for this new patch! any other strikers worth throwing money at....had falcao and damiao and neither seemed amazing for me in previous games

starting a new game, got mulumbu and damiao last one but it diddn't feel right!

has anyone signed cavani? dunno how much i can get him for this new patch! any other strikers worth throwing money at....had falcao and damiao and neither seemed amazing for me in previous games

50-55 million

Just finalised my January 2016 signings on JDownie's Tycooon save. Thoughts on my First XI:

£337m spent in the Transfer window. If this team doesn't get results, then god knows how much I'll need to spend.

where is this tycoon save available?

Season 1 January

Transfers; In: Doria 3.8m - 10k , Shawcross 17.75m - 69k , Dede 26m - 66k , Bennett 2.4m - 55(quid), Tassi 4m(combined) - 1.4k , Fierro 5m - 7.25k Out: Mertesackr 19.75m , Diaby loan , Rosicky 5m , Gnarby loan

Prem; 02/01/13; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Fulham: Wilshere 4 & 40 , Vela 46 , Berbatov 57 , Eduardo 78

F.A(Rd 3); 05/01/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 QPR: Shawcross 12 , Giroud 43 , Podolski 71

Prem; 12/01/13; Hawthorns; Arsenal 3-0 West Brom: McAuley O/G 21 , Dede 24 , Podolski 73

Prem; 16/01/13; Old trafford; Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd: Giroud 21 , Gibbs 73

Prem, 19/01/13; Emirates; Arsenal 8-0 Sunderland: Podolski 24 & 27 , Akpom 38 & 51 , Koscielny 56 , Walcott 78 & 82 & 89

FA(Rd 4) 26/01/13; Hawthorns; Arsenal 1-0 West Brom: Eduardo 63

Prem; 30/01/13; Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Wigan: Giroud 4 , Eduardo 12 , Giroud 49 , McArthur 55 , Ramsey Inj 67 , Edurdo 87

fmpic2-1_zpsbae1e674.jpg

where is this tycoon save available?

http://www.mediafire.com/?uoh3esjb8z8g55j :)

Success actually hasn't been as easy to come by as I was expecting though. Messi and Ronaldo have been poor, especially Ronaldo. So I need to work on a tactic that fits those 3 stars perfectly. Maybe Ronaldo and Neymar up front, with Messi behind. Hopefully they'll start getting results soon!

Season 1 Febuary

Prem; 09/02/13; St Marys; Arsenal 2-1 Southampton: Giroud 53 , Moi Gomez 68 , Rodriguez 90

CL(1st K/O Rd Leg 1); 13/02/13; Georgios Karaiskakis; Arsenal 0-0 Olympiakos:

F.A(Rd 5); 6/02/13; Aston Gate; Arsenal 1-0 Bristol: Giroud 77

Prem; 20/02/13; Liberty; Arsenal 0-0 Swansea:

Prem; 27/02/13; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 QPR: Eduardo 13 & 59 & (Pen) 72

2012-2013 Season Review

Premier League

An excellent run of form at the back end of the Premier League season put me in 4th spot, despite a disappointing final day defeat at Newcastle, however, thankfully Man City lost at home to Norwich to hand us a place in next season's Champions League. Man Utd pipped Spurs to the title after Spurs suffered 2 defeats, late in the season. We finished on 78 points, 6 behind 2nd placed Spurs, 7 behind winners Man Utd. Room to improve.

Capital One Cup

Disappointing elimination at White Hart Lane in round 4. Room to improve. Eventually won by Man Utd/

FA Cup

Runners Up, lost to Tottenham in the final 2-1. Once again, the team that we need to beat is Tottenham.

Champions League

Disappointing 2nd leg performance saw us go out in the Quater Finals, 4-2 on aggregate to Bayern Munich.

Stats

Top scorer - Giroud (19)

Top assister - Wilshere (12)

Man of the Match - Koscielny (7)

Yellow Cards - Wilshere (15)

Red Cards - Wilshere (2)

Average Rating - Mertesacker (7.70)

Your tactic is flawed btw.

BBM + BWM in midfield will leave you exposed, and having a poacher on his own up top will probably leave him isolated and ineffective...

With that team I'd personally play:

Very fluid - Control

ST - Treq - Messi

AMR - Winger support - Ronaldo

AML - Winger support - Neymar

AMC - attacking midfielder attack - ?

MCR - CM automatic - Sissoko

MCL - CM automatic - Wilshere

RB - WB attack - Richards

LB - WB attack - Santon

CBR - CB defend - Agger

CBL - CB defend - Vermaelen

GK - Sweeper keeper support - Ter Stegen

It sounds insane, but I've had great success on a PSG save with dual CMs on automatic in a 4-2-3-1, 2 CMs on defend would probably be more sensible though.

I'd change all 4 wide men to support/automatic duties. Without it you'll have very little defensive contributions from anyone besides your 2 CBs and the BWM.

2012/2013 Season

feihs3.png

Premier League

Finished 3rd after a mid season undefeated streak pushed us up the table. Finished 8 points behind chamions Manchester United who won the title on final day goal difference, with Chelsea finishing runner-up. The race for 3rd and 4th was won by us and Tottenham who scrapped it out on the final day with Manchester City and Stoke who finished 5th and 6th resectively. QPR, Wigan and Norwich all went down.

FA Cup

Beat Ipswich, MK Dons, Swansea, Aston Villa and Norwich to reach a final against Manchester City where we were well beaten 3-1.

Champions League

After a strong performance in the group stage, we disappointed ourselves with a weak showing against Lille in the last 16 where we were eliminated 5-2 on aggregate. The final was an El Clasico which was won by a single David Villa goal for Barcelona.

Capital One Cup.

After beating Cardiff, Norwich, Everton and Aston Villa we once again were let down by a poor performance in the final and were beaten 2-0 by Chelsea.

Player Performances

Per Mertersacker 27(7) - 7.63

Laurent Koscielny 34(6) - 7.58

Thomas Vermaelen 47(1) - 7.53

Olivier Giroud 34(7) - Scored 26 - 7.42

Aaron Ramsey 32(11) Scored 8 Assisted 6 - 7.36

Plans for Next Season

Use a more experimental formation, look at a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-2-2 narrow.

thought i'd do an experiment using other arsenal squads Vs the 1978 arsenal squad first one is done

Teams

Arsenal(2018) 4-2-2-2(wide): Szczesny(GK) , Koscielny(RB) off 80, Spanos(RCB) , Dede(RCB) , Balzaretti(LB) , Lodi (AMR) , Wilshere(RCM) , Bender (LCM) , Mera(STCR) , Fierro (STCL) Dubois on for Koscielny 80 , Margaritis( On for Mera 80) , Akpom (On for Fierro 80)

Arsenal (1978) 4-1-2-2-1(Wide) 4-2-2-2 wide(2nd half): Pat Jennings (GK), Sammy Nelson (RB) off 45 , Willie Young ©(RCB) , Steve Walford (LCB)off 45 , John Hollins (DMC) off 45, Alan Sunderland(AMR) , Liam Brady(RCM) , John Matthews (LCM) , Graham Rix (AML) , Frank Stapleton(STC)(STCL 2nd half) , Malcolm Macdonald (STCR) on 45 , Pat Rice (RB) on 45 , Kennny Sansom(LB) on 45

Result & Scorers

Arsenal (2018) 5: Fierro 6 , Spanos 23 , Miyaici 57 , Mera 68 , Spanos 83

Arsenal (1978) 0:

Just starting off a new save on the new update for the first time. Any suggestions for a 4th choice CB to play behind Verm, Mert, and Kos in the pecking order. Not really a fan of Miquel and would like a good CB with potential that could keep the 3 first choices on their toes.

50 points going into January. Well clear at the top now, still unbeaten!

Lewandowski, Clasie, Willian all going on free transfers but I am being to tight to meet there demands (100k ea, 65k Clasie)

I picked up Lewandowski on a free at the start of season 3. Only wantrd £80k ish.

Just starting off a new save on the new update for the first time. Any suggestions for a 4th choice CB to play behind Verm, Mert, and Kos in the pecking order. Not really a fan of Miquel and would like a good CB with potential that could keep the 3 first choices on their toes.

Check out Marco Capuano.

ok doing a second 1978 arsenal Vs up this time is the current Arsenal squad

TEAMS

Arsenal(Current) 4-2-2-2(wide): GK Szczesny , RB Jenkinson , Mertesacker RCB , LCB VErmaelen(Squallaci 86) , LB Monreal , AMR The Ox , MCR Wilshere (Cazorla 65) , LCM Coquelin , AML Walcott , STCR Podolski (Akpom 79) , STCL. Giroud

Arsenal(1978) 4-2-2-2(wide): GK Jennings , RB Rice , RCB Walford , LCB Hollins , LB Sansom , AMR Sunderland , RCM Matthews , LCM Talbot , AML Brady (Rix 79) STCR Stapleton , STCL Macdonald

Result

Arsenal(Current) 2: Podolski 5 , Giroud 26

Arsenal (1978) 3: Stapleton 10 & 35 , Talbot 62

Any ideas on a left sided midfielder , I'm playing a flat 4-4-2 so I'm not looking for out and out attacking wingers?

Griezmann looks good but I'm not sure about him as someone in an earlier post didn't have much luck with him. budget is 15m in first season

cheers

*the role is a winger but it is in a flat midfield so perhaps any winger would do but most I see are not comfortable in a flat 4.

Greasy is best deployed as an inside forward out on the right or left with the attacking focus. Boy just keeps on banging in the goals for me this and last season. James Rodriguez is a class act once you build him up.

I'm having a beast of a game with the Gooners but, is anyone else having bother trying to pick up youth coaches that are actually decent? Can't find ANYONE.

My current team at Arsenal

GK: Szczesny

LB (S): Luke Shaw

CBL (D): Umtiti (outstanding from Lyon, costs £!8m if you talk him into a transfer request)

CBR (D): Alderweireld

RB (S): Peruzzi (argentinian, excellent and cheap)

BWM (D): Lars Bender

DLP (S): Marchisio (took a huff after getting fined, picked up fairly cheap)

IFL (A): Oxlade-Chamberlain

AM: (S): Wilshere

IFR (A): Rodrigo (£15m, ludicrously cheap)

P (A): Walcott

Subs

Begovic

Vermaelen

Clyne

Vidal

Griezman

Ward Prowse

Abel Hernandez (how i got him for £8.5 i'll never know)

Currently nagging Everton to gimme Stones and I've also got 2 excellent AMC prospects in Moi Gomez and Will Hughes out on loan and the 3 best strikers in the game Batshuayi, Fierro and Ademilson also out on loan. Going to knock my AssMan Ayesteran out though, keeps sending Santos out on loan before i have the chance to sell the useless lump. :thdn:

Greasy is best deployed as an inside forward out on the right or left with the attacking focus. Boy just keeps on banging in the goals for me this and last season. James Rodriguez is a class act once you build him up.

I'm having a beast of a game with the Gooners but, is anyone else having bother trying to pick up youth coaches that are actually decent? Can't find ANYONE.

CBL (D): Umtiti (outstanding from Lyon, costs £!8m if you talk him into a transfer request)

Subs

Begovic

Vermaelen

Clyne

Vidal

Griezman

Ward Prowse

Currently nagging Everton to gimme Stones and I've also got 2 excellent AMC prospects in Moi Gomez and Will Hughes out on loan and the 3 best strikers in the game Batshuayi, Fierro and Ademilson also out on loan. Going to knock my AssMan Ayesteran out though, keeps sending Santos out on loan before i have the chance to sell the useless lump. :thdn:

I hope he gets them to pay at least 50% of his wages to be used n better players

Subs

Begovic

Vermaelen

Clyne

Vidal

Griezman

Ward Prowse

I hope he gets them to pay at least 50% of his wages to be used on better players how long has he got left on his contract? if hes in his final year you can set him for release if your desperate to get rid

Archived