FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Year one was quite a success, won the English treble. League was clinched with a win against United at home with 3 to play. FA Cup was never really a challenge, Fulham in the final was the toughest game. League cup was won with the B team, next year I'll play it with youth. Going to post screenshots of transfers and tactics if anyone cares, I've got a pretty decent 4-5-1 I think.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arsenal.jpg

Season 5 Jan Update

(decided to skip November and december to save a bit of time

fml-6_zps6e8f814a.jpg

Prem; 02/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Q.P.R: Dede 6 , Lodi 8

FA(Rd 3); 07/01/17; The Crown Ground; Arsenal 5-1 Accrington: Wilshere 5 , Taylor 10 , Margaritis 22 , 32 , 35 , Heung-Min 80 ,

Prem; 11/01/17;Hawthorns; Arsenal 2-0 West Brom: Wilshere 62 , Giroud 89

Prem; 15/01/17; Reebok; Arsenal 1-0 Bolton: Fierro 70

Prem; 18/01/17; Loftus Rd; Arsenal 6-1 Q.P.R: Ox 1 , Dede 23 , Margaritis 44 , Fierro 55 , Ramsey 57 , Benteke 64 , Lodi Pen 69

FA(Rd 4); 21/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea: Ben Afra 11 , Fierro 50 , Wilshere 64

Prem; 24/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Cardiff: Harris 13 ,[/colorGiroud 72 , 75 , Spansos (90+3)

Prem; 28/01/17; Emirates; Arsenal 2-1 Southampton; Miyaichi 6 , Ramirez 36 , Giroud 63

Had an insane ending to my first league campaign at Arsenal.

Was about 15-17 points back around January of United, and 12 from Chelsea. The team gels very well, and we end up coming within 3 late in the season. With games every three days it was;

Chelsea away

United away (CL SF)

United Home (League)

Southampton Neutral (FA Cup)

Everton away

United home (CL SF)

or something like that. Knocked out on away goals versus united, beat southampton, beat chelsea, and beat United in the league 5-1. Leapfrogged everyone and stood a point clear with two games to go.

Then beat United in the FA Cup final!

Final game of the season? North London derby IN Tottenham. A 1-0 victory and we win the league!

Won the league, FA Cup, Capital one Cup, and CL SF. Was amazing seasno, were predicted 4th.

Currently top of the league by 5 points, Man Utd in 3rd have 2 games in hand but are 12 points behind, final 2 games are at home to West Ham and away to Norwich, think I'll give my leaving players their final farewell against West Ham

Eto'o - free

Wilson - free

Robben - retiring

Enrique - being a clown as he never went out on loan and wont speak about a contract, always somehow got MOTM despite being aleft back :[

right starting a new save after deletin my current ones after a number of stupid unreallistic results(ill be using and edited database changes are no podolski and Henry & Fabregas back, plus i inceased cazorla team &workrate plus crossing,I've also added diame's 3.5m releAse clause

Had an insane ending to my first league campaign at Arsenal.

Was about 15-17 points back around January of United, and 12 from Chelsea. The team gels very well, and we end up coming within 3 late in the season. With games every three days it was;

Chelsea away

United away (CL SF)

United Home (League)

Southampton Neutral (FA Cup)

Everton away

United home (CL SF)

or something like that. Knocked out on away goals versus united, beat southampton, beat chelsea, and beat United in the league 5-1. Leapfrogged everyone and stood a point clear with two games to go.

Then beat United in the FA Cup final!

Final game of the season? North London derby IN Tottenham. A 1-0 victory and we win the league!

Won the league, FA Cup, Capital one Cup, and CL SF. Was amazing seasno, were predicted 4th.

superb ending to the season mate!

superb ending to the season mate!

Thanks, I was absolutely chuffed to bits, here's a screeny. I got some of the fixtures wrong but I had to make a huge comeback just to get to this point. Rewarded myself by purchasing Aguero and Draxler :D

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8584/arsenalfixturesschedule.png

Ok folks. I wanted to write something here because I have been playing Arsenal for about a month of IRL time now and, I have to say, with the closing of the january transfer window, it's all looking pretty amazing.

I play a 4-2-3-1 wide and with CMs, looking like this (from right to left):

G(d): Szczesny (who else?)

WBR(s): Sagna

CD©: Koscielny

BPD(x): Vermaelen

WBL(a): Sanches Mino

DLP(d): Ekdal/Cirigliano/Arteta

DLP(s): Arteta/Ramsey

AP(a): Cazorla/Douglas Costa

AP(s): Wilshere/Cazorla

IF(a): Podolski/Oxlade-Chamberlain

TQ(a)/DLF(s): Jovetic/Giroud

Setup:

Style: Balanced

Strategy: Counter

Passing: Shorter

CF: Default

Closing down: Press more

Tackling: More cautious

Marking: Zonal

Crosses: Default

Roaming: Default

Shouts I use are of course relative to opposition and weather conditions, but my primary ones are the following:

Retain possession

Pass to feet

Work ball into box

Push higher up

Stay on feet

This combination of shouts ensures my midfield is tight due to the high DL, and so the opposition will have a hard time working the ball through the middle. Usually when I'm up against a similar midfield, I will shout 'play wider' to play the ball down the flanks; sometimes combined with 'look for overlap' in an attempt to support my wingers and stretch the opposition.

Two new signings have found their way straight into the starting eleven and I'm proud that they have done so in a delightful fashion: Albin Ekdal (avg.r: 7.15 so far) and Juan Sànches Miño (7.20). Albin is an extraordinary central midfielder who will recycle possession both in the tackle and aerial battles, use his smartness to pass the ball and also lead the team with his fine mental stats. All this for €3m. He is a great signing for any team in any league. And only 23 years of age. Likewise: Sànches Miño, €4m. Young, and with bags of potential to be a starter for many years ahead. Versatile, though lacking somewhat in speed - although this is easily amendable with some focus on quickness and off the ball training. These signings, however, led to the loan-departures of Coquelin and Frimpong whom I did not consider ready to bear the team this year. Loans will problably be prolonged for the next season.

The board is generally happy with my parformance, occupying the 1st place in the Premiership while at the same time giving the youngsters a chance and playing attacking football (BTW, I owe alot of this team's style to a number of highly productive moderators on these forums). Possession was a hard nut to crack at first since I do not usually play possession football, but I think that now in the latter half of the season and with the introducion of the counterattacking strategy along with the pass to feet shout, we are finally on our way. A final in the League Cup against Newcastle is also secured while the fifth round of the FA Cup will see Arsenal face Nottingham Forest. The Champions League saw us pitted against the likes of Juventus, Schalke and Montpellier. While I thought this would prove a difficult challange, we managed to beat Juve 3-0 at home and draw 0-0 away, which ultimately sufficed and qualified us for the second stage of the tournament.

So, what will the future look like for my Arsenal side?

Arteta, Rosicky and Cazorla will be vital tutoring my younger midfield talents: Cirigliano and Toral. Don't know the potential of Toral, really, but I would imagine that with some training on his passing and technical abilities at first he should then be able to fully bloom and make himself useful as an advanced playmaker. Also, youth developer Liam Brady had 17-year-old Leon Goretzka signed, whilst I was responsible for signing Gennaro Tutino -- only 16 -- from Napoli on a youth contract: a coming star in the IF-role. This was all in january. Next summer will see the entering of my future trequartista Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar) into my ranks. Being only 19 and with plenty of technical ability already, I opted to let him finish the whole season with AZ in order to get the playing time necessary. I am hoping to be able to increase Maher's flair attribute in the coming years seeing as it is only 12 at the moment, but this could be done with the right tutoring and training, aye?

EDIT: Oh, I'm also looking into signing Nathaniel Clyne for 2013/14 when summer comes. I want some english lions roaming the right flank! Fast - and a severely good crosser at that.

that is a really top run of form, were you based on keeping clean sheets? i notice you seem defensively pretty consistent.

Not TOO much. I had a solid front that I was very fluid with, but when I switched to a 4-1-2-2-1 with an anchor man, we just started shutting everyone down and Lorik Cana and Javi Garcia (loan) were vital as hell at the DM slot for me. my LB was a wing back attack, and WBR was wing back support, so we had the wings on lock, with an anchor man in the center shutting down most everything coming thru. then once the ball got kicked forward the creativity came in. was fun to watch.

right starting a new save after deletin my current ones after a number of stupid unreallistic results(ill be using and edited database changes are no podolski and Henry & Fabregas back, plus i inceased cazorla team &workrate plus crossing,I've also added diame's 3.5m releAse clause

So you're cheating because things weren't going your way the origingal game? Nice. :thup:

Started a new save for my new laptop and decided to splash the cash whilst sticking the middle finger up at Spurs by signing Gareth Bale for £31m (£16m up front, the rest in installments). I also brought in Marouane Fellaini for £27m, Guillermo Burdisso for £6.75m, Mason Bennett for £4m, Andreas Cornelius for £2.5m, and Craig Gordon on a free as a GK back-up. The main exits were Squillaci to Newcastle for £1.5m, Chamakh to Lille for £7m, Djourou to Anzhi for £6.75m, Arshavin to Man City for £6.75m, and Gervinho to Juventus for £12.75m.

Had a strong start to the season, with the only real hiccup being a 3rd round exit in the League Cup where I fielded a second string team to give some players game-time...

Results so far:

Spurs (h): W 1-0 (Gervinho 3)

Stoke (a): D 0-0

Swansea (h): W 3-0 (Giroud 5, Mertesacker 30, Fellaini 34)

Southampton (a): W 4-3 (Podolski 13,14, Arteta 30, Vermaelen 73) (Lambert 19,79, Szczesny o.g 65)

Champs League: Fenerbahce (h) W 3-1 (Fellaini 19, Oxlade-Chamberlain 24, Bale 78) (Kuyt 26)

Capital One Cup: Fulham (a) L 2-0 (Kacaniklic 4, Rodallega 27)

Aston Villa (a): W 2-1 (Fellaini 23, Giroud 66) (Bent 62)

So all going pretty well so far. Happy with my tactics and looking forward to seeing how things pan out. May sell one or two central midfielders in January cos once everyone is fit in a couple of weeks I will have Cazorla, Wilshere, Fellaini, Diaby, Ramsey, and Rosicky competing for 2 midfield spots alongside my holding midfielder Arteta. I wanna keep Rosicky around for tutoring though, so don't know who will end up going.

I'm not one to normally post on the forums, normally just use them to have a nosy at bits and pieces. However that has changed as I've just started an Arsenal Career and I may as well get involved in the group.

I'm playing a standard 442 formation with set transfer budget of £36 million for Champions League Qualification.

Transfers in: Mattheus £1.8mill, Shaw £3mill, Okore £1.3mill, Wellington Nem £3.5mill, Ademilson £5.5mill, Rodriguez £17.5mill, Otamendi £13mill, Adryan £875k, Alaba £20mill, Doria £525k

Transfers out: Squillaci £1.5mill, Gervinho £12.5mill, Arshavin £4mill, Chamakh £6mill, Djourou £5mill and various loans and free transfers

Experienced players with high determination are tutoring the youth prospects with low determination, hopefully resulting in these players turning out better.

Pre season went brilliant, won every match and some great performances from the players.

Just played my first game of the season at home to Southampton resulting in a thumping 7-0 Victory with Wellington Nem coming on in the 70th minute and he scored a hat trick with Sagna chipping in with 2 along with 1 for Walcott and 1 for Podolski.

Will keep you all informed :-)

First Season recap:

Transfers In: David Alaba (20m), Robert Lewandowski (25m), Demba Ba (7m), Fellaini (25m), Christian Tello (825k)

Outs: Santos (4.5m - PSG), Gervinho (20m - Chelsea), Squillaci (1.5m - Soton), Chamakh (7.5m - Newcastle)

Lineup

GK(d) - Szez/Fab

DL(fb-s) - Alaba/Gibbs/Verm

DCL (cb-d) - Per/Verm/Djourou

DCR (cb-d) - Kos/Verm/Djourou

DR (fb-s) - Sagna/Jenkinson

DMC (anc-d) - Fellaini/Frimpong

CM (bbm-s) - Arteta/Wilshire/Ramsey

CM (ap-a/s) - Cazorla/Wilshire/Ramsey

AML (if-a) - Podolski/Ba/Ox

AMR (if-a) - Walcott/Ox

ST (af-a) - Lewandowski/Ba/Giroud

Season started off well, won the league cup with backups, Alaba tore a ligament, missed 9 months so we were a bit thin there. My 4-5-1 was dominant at home and got it done enough on the road to win the league with 3 games to spare. United came 2nd, Spurs 3rd, City 4th.

Had a super easy road to the FA Cup final, toughest game I played was Fulham in the final, won 4-2.

The CL campaign didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Went undefeated in a tough group with Ajax, PSG, and Dortmund, beat Celtic in the round of 16 and lost to Madrid on aggregate 4-3 in the quarters. I just can't figure out what to do against top teams on the road.

Just approaching the end of my second season and I have won both the League and CL, got knocked out of the FA cup in the sixth round by my bogey team on every FM WOLVES!

My Star players have been: Wilshere, Isco and Llorente (He has been nothing short of amazing, best free transfer I have ever got I'd say).

My youth development has been fantastic! In first season I signed Rabiot from PSG and Moi Gomez from Villarreal.

xni5h3.png

15qsxa9.png

I have great tutors in Frings, Petit, Steven Reid and Santoruvo. These have been instrumental to the progression of my youth players

I have already signed Koke from A. Madrid for £13m and getting Raul just for tutoring.

Hah, I started as a journeyman career and my favored club are Barca, after Tito went to Spain I decided NOT to apply for Barca, and stuck with Arsenal. Won the Community Shield 3-1. I'm going for all the silverware. The League is a must, and a CL semi is again my goal. We have a great squad, and if I can blood in the youngsters at DM I'm already set for next year too.

Just approaching the end of my second season and I have won both the League and CL, got knocked out of the FA cup in the sixth round by my bogey team on every FM WOLVES!

My Star players have been: Wilshere, Isco and Llorente (He has been nothing short of amazing, best free transfer I have ever got I'd say).

My youth development has been fantastic! In first season I signed Rabiot from PSG and Moi Gomez from Villarreal.

xni5h3.png

15qsxa9.png

I have great tutors in Frings, Petit, Steven Reid and Santoruvo. These have been instrumental to the progression of my youth players

I have already signed Koke from A. Madrid for £13m and getting Raul just for tutoring.

Those players look great mate, but one concern i would have looking at those tutors, they all with the exception of Steven Reid have the PPM 'Argue with Officials' how have you faired with the lads inheriting that PPM? id imagine a high card count in matches if to many of your youth pick up that particular PPM

Yeah that is a problem tbh and is partly the reason I have a big squad but on flip side it has resulted in me winning pens that shouldnt have been :)

Also I think there is a bit of a bug with the pens, I never scored and my keepers always saved them. Strange

I need an advice from fellow Arsenal co fighters.

I'm in my first season, in january 2013 and I have an opportunity to sign Falcao for 35 mil euros. I use 4-2-3-1 formation and my current strikers are Giroud, Jovetic, Walcott and Podolski (i mainly use Walcott and Podolski as wingers). Giroud and Walcott both broke legs, and both of them will be out for rest of the season.

Like I mentioned, my formation is 4-2-3-1, and I use Podolski (IF/attack) - Wilshere (Adv Playmaker/attack) - Cazorla (IF/attack), and Jovetic (adv forward). I rotate Isco, Ox, Walcott, Gervinho and Giroud with them, and so far my tactics are working nicely, I'm sharing first spot with Man Utd. However, Joventic isn't performing very well as adv. forward.

Should I sign Falcao, and if I do, which role would suit him best, and which tactical changes are necessary?

Thanks.

Falcao has always performed well for me as either a Poacher in a 4-1-2-1-2 with another striker next to him, or an advanced forward(attack setting) in a 4-5-1. its just personal preference but i would buy him and offload Gervinho and Podolski at the next oppurtunity to balance the books, Jovetic can play on the left, walcott on the right then you have Oxlade for both sides aswell as Santi.

FM13 is the worst FM game I have played. The last 3 games I have conceded 4 goals where my keeper was around 30 yards out of goal for no reason what so ever, the ball was not even in the opposition area, it was at the halfway line. 3 of the goals have been from 40-50 yards from goal, with 1 coming with a player rounding the keeper (outside the D of the box) and shooting from 20 yards to score.

I am very disappointed with this game, and I hope to God that they dont make one this bad again. Why release a ME that is so obviously broken and bug ridden, what a stupid beginners mistake.

/Rantover

FM13 is the worst FM game I have played. The last 3 games I have conceded 4 goals where my keeper was around 30 yards out of goal for no reason what so ever, the ball was not even in the opposition area, it was at the halfway line. 3 of the goals have been from 40-50 yards from goal, with 1 coming with a player rounding the keeper (outside the D of the box) and shooting from 20 yards to score.

I am very disappointed with this game, and I hope to God that they dont make one this bad again. Why release a ME that is so obviously broken and bug ridden, what a stupid beginners mistake.

/Rantover

Yeah, I lost to United 2-1 once; an errant back pass straight to Rooney... in fact it was more so a pass TO Rooney as no one was around. And Szczny just dribbling it out 40 yards. Stopping, and then letting Rooney literally run up and take it. This game is frustrating and I know people always excuse the ME but some of the flaws/glitches are painful. Maybe it's just how it looks in 3D?

I've really done well with this Arsenal team in my first season. 9 points clear at the top with a game in hand after 27 games, and my goal difference is 10 greater than Man City in 2nd. My goals are pretty spread out, Giroud has 16, Podolski 14, Walcott 10, and the rest are pretty well spread. My big signings of Fellaini and Bale have performed very well, Bale did take a few months to properly hit form though. Also brought in Demba Ba in January as back-up, who has started quite well scoring 4 goals so far.

Walked my relatively easy Champs League group with 5 wins and 1 defeat (and that defeat was only cos I fielded a weak team when I'd already qualified), and won a thriller of a second round tie against Dortmund. Went 2-0 up in Dortmund, only for them to score 3 goals in the last 12 minutes to win the leg 3-2. Then went behind in the home leg after 70 mins, but threw all my strikers on, set mentality to Overload, and managed to win the game 3-1 and the tie 5-3. Waiting for the draw for the next round now.

Made hard work of a relatively easy FA Cup run so far and will play Man Utd in the semis. Drew 1-1 with Palace in the 3rd Round, won the replay 3-0. Squeaked past Sheff Wednesday in the 4th Round 2-1 in a very tight game. Got a 2-2 with Sunderland in the 5th Round, before a routine 3-0 home win in the replay. And 4-1 at home against Brighton but it was 1-1 at 70 mins (Young Danish striker Andreas Cornelius got all 4 goals in this game)

League Cup was a non-starter with Fulham easily beating my fringe team 2-0 at Craven Cottage. Wasn't a priority though so no big deal. (Wow, I sound like Wenger there lol)

Looking forward to next season I've got Fernando Llorente coming in on a free which I'm really looking forward to. Can't decide who to sell to make room though. Will probably be Ba as he only cost £7m and I can sell him on for profit.

in My second season after stating a new save ,currently top by 8 poins after 26 games, won cap 1 cup, everton in 5th rd of fa cup, celtic in 1sr k/o rd of cl. conceeding a few more goals then i'd like but great otherwise

first season wom prem & fa cup ouble, lost barca in cl semis

need some help guys, i am sitting 1 point clear at the top of the league with a game in hand, its december the first in my first season, although i have been letting in a ******** of goals, scored 39 and let in 14, in the league alone,

21 games played in all comps, conceded in 14 of them

champions league, played 5, won 3, drawn 2, scored 16, conceded 10

need some help guys, i am sitting 1 point clear at the top of the league with a game in hand, its december the first in my first season, although i have been letting in a ******** of goals, scored 39 and let in 14, in the league alone,

well we need some tactical information to go on, cannot help without it:

team instructions

player instructions

anything you have ticked

what type of goals are you conceding etc

Wrapped up the Premier League with 2 games to spare, beating Chelsea 2-0, before putting the icing on the cake with 2-0 and 3-0 wins against Liverpool and Man Utd. Thought I'd have a tough run in, but it really was a doddle.

Now, I have Llorente coming in for next season so that means I'll have to sell a striker. My current strikers are Podolski (19 goals from 44 games (11 as sub)), Giroud (19 goals from 36 games (15 as sub)), Ba (bought in January, 5 goals from 13 games (8 as sub)), and young Danish striker Andreas Cornelius (4 goals from 4 games (1 as sub), all four goals came in one game). What's the thinking, people?

Also, Rosicky has just said he wants a new challenge so he'll be going and will need to look at replacements. Don't want a big name as I already have Cazorla, Wilshere, Fellaini and Diaby who have all been consistent to brilliant when they've played.

Oh, and how good does Miyaichi get? Worth keeping? He didn't play a single game on loan at Wigan and can't decide whether to keep him or get rid.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say you've probably got too many players set to attack duty. Without more info it's impossible to tell you what you're doing wrong defensively :)

arsenal.jpg

2014/15 Season August Update

Transfers

In: Kyriakos Papadopoulos £35m , Radja Nanggolan £32m , Theo Jegge 275k , Nicola Legrottagile Loan

Out: Per Mertersacker - 15m/Fc Bayern , Park Chu-Young 1.8m/ Wolfsburg , Josh Rees 75k - Wycombe , Mohamad Diame -30m/Man City , Joel Campbell 4.1m/ CSKA Moscow; Loans: Chucks Aneke/Milwall , Jack Shay/Huddersfield , Serge Gnarby/Leeds , Mason Benett/Bolton , James Ward-Prowse/ Birmingham , Miguel Angel Riera/ West Ham, Lenny Nangi/ Lyon , Arinse Uade/Leicester , Benik Afobe/Birmigham , Conor Henderson/ MK Dons , Carlos Fierro/Salamanca( 2 years) , Thomas Eisfeld/Barnet Ln Fee 375k , Chuck/Swansea , Fankaty Clifford/ Tranmere; Free; Nico Yennaris , Jernade Meade , Reice Charles-Cook , Phillip Roberts , Issac Hayden , Samuel Galindo , Damian Martinez

tactics:

fml-6_zpse2e0c0c2.jpg

Matches

C.S; 10/08/14; Wembley; Arsenal 3-0 West Ham: Wilshere 10 , Dede 14 , Wilshere 64 , Frimpong S/O 87

Prem; 17/08/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool: Wilshere 24 , Bale 90+3

Prem; 23/08/14; Stamford Bridge; Arsenal 2-3 Chelsea: Cavani 17 , Terry 39 , Mata 49 , Shaqiri 55 , Cavani 59

E.S.C; 29/08/14; Cardiff City Stadium; Arsenal 2-1 At Madrid: Gabi 13 , Wilshere Pen 45+2 , Ox 90+3

I might have asked this before but are there any good young English Ball Winning Midfielders out there? Also what about good young English CB's? I am not really trying to break the bank for them. I am currently coming up to January of my first season. These are the following players I bought so far this season.

Will Hughes - Derby CM

Mason Bennett - Derby ST

Gareth Bale - Tottenham AML

Tom Ince - Blackpool AML (Coming in January)

Jack Butland - Birmingham GK

Adam Campbell - Newcastle ST (Coming in January)

Luke Shaw - Southampton LB

Martin Kelly - Liverpool CB

Looking at Nathaniel Clyne to bring in the summer possibly. Still looking for a good defensive midfielder with great potential and a good young center back for the future.

hey guys

Starting a new save , and would like to move Walcott up front more so that I can give the Ox more games , I dont want to play him up front on his own so not sure whets the best formation to use as I also want to give chances to players like corzorla, wilshire , arteta as well which I did when I played the 4-5-1.

cheers

Archived