dafuge's FM13 challenge

Just been having a look at some of the posts on this thread and I'm thinking how much I'd love to do this with Whitby, my local side. Sadly I imagine it would be a major investment of my free time - something that isn't really in large supply at the moment. The save I started when the game came out is about a quarter of the way through the third season now so I'm very impressed at people who are up to the 2050s with their saves. Maybe when I graduate in a couple of years I will have more free time to immerse myself in a serious challenge like this...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Padders Top Youth Facilities is not top, i think you still haveva 2 million upgrade for training facilities and 6 million one for youth to take it state of the art. I reckon the annual cost of running that will be around 2.5m quid a season

Just been having a look at some of the posts on this thread and I'm thinking how much I'd love to do this with Whitby, my local side. Sadly I imagine it would be a major investment of my free time - something that isn't really in large supply at the moment. The save I started when the game came out is about a quarter of the way through the third season now so I'm very impressed at people who are up to the 2050s with their saves. Maybe when I graduate in a couple of years I will have more free time to immerse myself in a serious challenge like this...
When you graduate? I spent my best years playing when i was an undergraduate. Yeah but Im a full time bum now, better you get a good degree, run your own business then play.

Anyone know why youtube videos get removed automatically? Edit: Screw this...my tablets are confusing me

[TABLE="width: 556"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]STAFFORD RANGERS [/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Achievements[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Season[/TD]
[TD]League Pos[/TD]
[TD]FA Cup[/TD]
[TD]League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Europe[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025/26[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]1st Rd[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]BPL[/TD]
[TD]Appointed England Manager[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024/25[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023/24[/TD]
[TD]4th[/TD]
[TD]Semis[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]SF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022/23[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021/22[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020/21[/TD]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019/20[/TD]
[TD]8th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018/19[/TD]
[TD]13th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017/18[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Championship[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016/17[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015/16[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014/15[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013/14[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSN[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Padders Top Youth Facilities is not top, i think you still haveva 2 million upgrade for training facilities and 6 million one for youth to take it state of the art. I reckon the annual cost of running that will be around 2.5m quid a season

Ok will keep trying to impove it then

Need to try get some kids through as it's costing a lot of money to keep buying players who want huge wages first time or second time around

Love seeing my own players develop into world class players

The first couple of season are the most time consuming, certainly down in the lower leagues. It takes a while to set your save up how you want and to get the club running how you would like. I think once you get higher up the seasons can be completed a bit quicker, as you have scouts all around the world, the transfer windows is open for 2 months. I probably play on average between 1-2 hours per evening and double that at a weekend if possible. Obviously some weekends I don't play at all (like the weekend just gone)

I do have a fast(ish) lasptop (Core i5) with Windows 8 on it. I never shut the laptop down (shut the lid down and put it in sleep mode) and I very rarely quit FM, so I can always pick the laptop up at any time and have a quick go for 20/30 minutes if I want

OMG Season six for us is starting out as a nightmare. We decided to offload players who were 28 and above and recoup what we could. So out went 2 icons and 1 legend. Needless to say the fan base was shocked, but i was getting 20m per player!, and I got em for like 2million. And one of them was slowing down. So I decide what the heck, lets get rid of these 4 players. I have 2 DMs on the roster with one more in the U18s. So I sell off the "England International" to Barcelona, content in the knowledge that my superstar whos been out for a WHOLE season from a viral infection..(I have no idea who he sucked), will be back with us.

On the day he recovers completely, he goes out for a training session, and pulls his hamstring putting him out for another 3 months. The lad has only played 8 games since last season. Thats one out, then the other DM crocks his knee, he's now out. And then I lose my captain who pulls his hamstring. Seasons about to start and I have lost 7 players. Now selling off those 4 players for a truckload doesnt' seem like a good idea anymore! Chelsea's coming and they must be eager to get one back on us after we hammered them 5-2 last season.

Man I recall this happening to United a few seasons ago, when they lost quite a few of the first teamers through injury even before a ball was kicked.

quick "annual" update (1.01.2017)

League Table | Transfers

apart from defenders i had on loan previous season (Lokke and Bolger), almost all my transfers were a miss this year, really poor job. Paul Rachubka is a joke, Bakary Sako is... well he just is in the team (21 apps, 4gls, 5 asst, 6.76 ) and i thought he will be my main offensive threat, Ejzullahu (typical Norge name) was loaned to be my main striker but he scored 6gls in 23, not worth of screenshots so far. Only transfers that strenghten my team were Goulon and Toth, both Anchor Mans. My defense plays rather well, but at least i've been right, when i said that

Also im not sure about Appiah future in the club, but judging on past experience, he will start as a reserve striker, but he will impress me again, and will be main threat in my team again
13gls 23 apps

Having said that, this year has been very interesting. I had a poor start to the season (2 wins, 5 losses in league and cups), and after i vented my feelings here

Capital Cup out 1st rnd at home vs Aston Villa 1-4, Johnstone Paint out at Ipswich lost on penalties...

and of course there was even nothing mentioned in the news about possible takeover... and my team isnt playing well at the moment (because of patch maybe? :p ), so overall its great... i think i will have to establish myself in league 1 this season and than go for championship next...

things have changed, thanks to one game, i like to think so. There's nothing that i really changed in tactics, during my bad start, but after this match, in which i was deservedly losing, i believe my players gained belief and confidence (morale of course too) that helped me to get a good run and hopefully challenge for promotion, but i do think that i'm punching above my weight now. And i promised mid-table finish, now my board offered me to change expectations and i have 300k£ and 17k£ left for wages. Talking about the board i had a weird two weeks in november. Finally someone wanted to do a takeover, and i had transfer embargo. Now, during those 2 weeks, I had my biggest injury crisis in Kettering history. 2 1st team midfielders out, Appiah out, Bolger (my best def) out. "thats not that bad" you will say, and i would agree. But Daniel Johnson, first backup mid plays for Jamaica, called up for 2 matches (i played sat and tue), as well as Musonda, Zambian with Belgian passport. So, really a time when i would love to loan someone for 1-2 months. And as you would expect, takeover didnt happen, couldnt agree on price.

OMG Season six for us is starting out as a nightmare. We decided to offload players who were 28 and above and recoup what we could. So out went 2 icons and 1 legend. Needless to say the fan base was shocked, but i was getting 20m per player!, and I got em for like 2million. And one of them was slowing down. So I decide what the heck, lets get rid of these 4 players. I have 2 DMs on the roster with one more in the U18s. So I sell off the "England International" to Barcelona, content in the knowledge that my superstar whos been out for a WHOLE season from a viral infection..(I have no idea who he sucked), will be back with us.

On the day he recovers completely, he goes out for a training session, and pulls his hamstring putting him out for another 3 months. The lad has only played 8 games since last season. Thats one out, then the other DM crocks his knee, he's now out. And then I lose my captain who pulls his hamstring. Seasons about to start and I have lost 7 players. Now selling off those 4 players for a truckload doesnt' seem like a good idea anymore! Chelsea's coming and they must be eager to get one back on us after we hammered them 5-2 last season.

Man I recall this happening to United a few seasons ago, when they lost quite a few of the first teamers through injury even before a ball was kicked.

well, if you got money from transfers (80mln :p ), its time to reinvest them in the squad :p and loan someone for a dm maybe

quick "annual" update (1.01.2017)

League Table | Transfers

apart from defenders i had on loan previous season (Lokke and Bolger), almost all my transfers were a miss this year, really poor job. Paul Rachubka is a joke, Bakary Sako is... well he just is in the team (21 apps, 4gls, 5 asst, 6.76 ) and i thought he will be my main offensive threat, Ejzullahu (typical Norge name) was loaned to be my main striker but he scored 6gls in 23, not worth of screenshots so far. Only transfers that strenghten my team were Goulon and Toth, both Anchor Mans. My defense plays rather well, but at least i've been right, when i said that 13gls 23 apps

Having said that, this year has been very interesting. I had a poor start to the season (2 wins, 5 losses in league and cups), and after i vented my feelings here

things have changed, thanks to one game, i like to think so. There's nothing that i really changed in tactics, during my bad start, but after this match, in which i was deservedly losing, i believe my players gained belief and confidence (morale of course too) that helped me to get a good run and hopefully challenge for promotion, but i do think that i'm punching above my weight now. And i promised mid-table finish, now my board offered me to change expectations and i have 300k£ and 17k£ left for wages. Talking about the board i had a weird two weeks in november. Finally someone wanted to do a takeover, and i had transfer embargo. Now, during those 2 weeks, I had my biggest injury crisis in Kettering history. 2 1st team midfielders out, Appiah out, Bolger (my best def) out. "thats not that bad" you will say, and i would agree. But Daniel Johnson, first backup mid plays for Jamaica, called up for 2 matches (i played sat and tue), as well as Musonda, Zambian with Belgian passport. So, really a time when i would love to loan someone for 1-2 months. And as you would expect, takeover didnt happen, couldnt agree on price.

Nice :-) I haven't had anyone become interested in our club yet :-( at least you had some1. An important point to remember is you can actually stick to one tactic THROUGHOUT your time, just get the system going. Then you will become a chug-a-long choo choo train.

well, if you got money from transfers (80mln :p ), its time to reinvest them in the squad :p and loan someone for a dm maybe

Yeah I sold one DM for 20mn to Barcelona and took a 5 star 17 yr old for 8 million...I am still gonna scrooge it out...we will SURVIVE!

Just scored my best goal ever

Love it

[video=youtube;PFzO3iQYK_k]

well, this happens in this game, although rarely from gk standing still in the middle of the pitch... Wawszczak is polish sounding name, is he polish? (if he is and you are curious, you pronounce it Vavshchuck :) )

Yeah it was a straight volley, great goal

Will have a look at his long shot stat tonight

Rashidi, yes he is Polish

it was me who asked about nationality. I'm interested, cause I, being Polish myself, didnt seen a "world-class" level polish player in this game, although i got to 2025 in one save with polish league active all the time.

A lot of people like to manage top tier teams like Barca and Manchester United when they first start playing this game, which imho isn't easy. One screw up and you are done. Doing challenges like this or LLMA football is a way better way to learn.

aaaaaaa... fighting to avoid playoffs and silently for the title and two times i gave away 1:0 lead, and now in third game was 1:0 up, 1:1, 3:1, 3:3 in 82 and 88 min... grr...

had to vent it...

5 games to go, 3rd at the moment, equal on points but worse goal difference with 2nd and its getting bit too cold in Kettering with -4...

ok, so i finished 2nd... update shortly but first, an indication that i will be definitely fighting for Premier League next season... and when i will get there... who knows what this guy has up in his sleeve...

i already asked for new stadium, agreed, and for bigger scouting network, so hello Europe and foreign legion! :D thankfully, new boss is ambitious, so i know what to say if he will refuse me something :D

on the other hand, it spoils the game a bit, cause im no longer a small fighter punching above his weight...:(

KETTERING TOWN

2016/2017 - npower league 1

1313591030Kettering%20Town%20badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League Table | Position Graph

Fixtures 1 , 2 , 3

Key Players

Because i have tycoon boss now who wants to splash the cash, i'll use this opportunity to mention key players and their development over the years, as this is end of an era. First column is attributes when they joined me, second is as of today.

Kwesi Appiah - joined the club in the very beginning of my adventure, 164 apps for the club (31 as a sub) - 90 goals, record holder for apps and goals in the club

Sam Mantom - 3 seasons in first team

Ben Reeves - 4 seasons in first team

Lamisha Musonda - 3 seasons in first team

Kettering Overall Best Eleven

Aims For Next Season

Establish myself in championship, prepare team for PL and a cup run! Now that i have money. For new season i promised my boss mid-table finish and he gave me 30mln£ to spend with 380k wage budget (i have 333k free to use at the moment). Needless to say i will overhaul almost whole team. But i want get spoiled by the money (hopefully) as i already agreed few free transfers with two players demanding matching highest earner, so i have to be responsible now with the money :)

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         FA Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Fa Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd
2016/17   npower League 1          2nd         FA Cup 4th rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd, taken over by a tycoon at the end of the season

KETTERING TOWN

2016/2017 - npower league 1

1313591030Kettering Town badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League Table | Position Graph

Fixtures 1 , 2 , 3

Key Players

Because i have tycoon boss now who wants to splash the cash, i'll use this opportunity to mention key players and their development over the years, as this is end of an era. First column is attributes when they joined me, second is as of today.

Kwesi Appiah - joined the club in the very beginning of my adventure, 164 apps for the club (31 as a sub) - 90 goals, record holder for apps and goals in the club

Sam Mantom - 3 seasons in first team

Ben Reeves - 4 seasons in first team

Lamisha Musonda - 3 seasons in first team

Kettering Overall Best Eleven

Aims For Next Season

Establish myself in championship, prepare team for PL and a cup run! Now that i have money. For new season i promised my boss mid-table finish and he gave me 30mln£ to spend with 380k wage budget (i have 333k free to use at the moment). Needless to say i will overhaul almost whole team. But i want get spoiled by the money (hopefully) as i already agreed few free transfers with two players demanding matching highest earner, so i have to be responsible now with the money :)

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         FA Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Fa Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd
2016/17   npower League 1          2nd         FA Cup 4th rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd, taken over by a tycoon at the end of the season

How do you get attributes side by side like that mate?

i've got tha Erik Tonne in my kettering team aswell, only on loan at the moment tho, still in 1st season with no cash to be able to sign permanent.

quite suprised to see Ed Palmer in your best eleven tho, he only has 2* ability and 2.5* potential in my game.

P.S. dont suppose you've got contact details for that tycoon boss handy,could do with a nice £30mil budget play around with. :D

Only myself to blame though hashassin i spent all season in the playoffs, then the 44th game i dropped out and couldn't get back in. Although the league looks tough this year Bradford, Southend, Tranmere and now Northampton and Leyton Orient are all Blue Square Premier teams this season.

00315453.jpg

XaW - Blue Square North - Season 2013/14

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

My first season at Cambridge City went quite well, but we turned out to be very inconsistent. We started a bit slow, but soon found a winning streak to push us up the table. After 12 matches we found ourselves competing for the play offs. This seemed, for some weird reason, to crush morale and we went on a poor run towards Christmas. After some horrible matches we manged to get our head straight, but only for a short time. We went on a losing streak of 8 matches before finishing strong. Our fixture list was also on the strange side. In November we had 11 matches while in February we had only 2? I think the fixture computer hated our guts as we a couple of times only had 1 day between matches. This highlighted one of our main problems, squad depth. When we could start with our best 11 we managed to beat just about everyone in our league, but as soon as someone was injured or tired we struggled. Chester and Altrincham ran away with the top 2 spots early on and proved to be way better than this level. In fact, Chester was unbeaten for the first 20 matches and stayed top the whole season.

In the cups we did fair enough. The FA Cup was the best as we got as far as the 1st round were League One outfit Doncaster knocked us out. We showed some class as we held them to 1-1 at home, but lost in the rematch away. Still netted us quite the fair amount of much needed cash. In the FA Trophy we got to the 4th round, but Hereford showed us why they are a tier over us.

Financially we are losing money. Even with our good cup run we didn't go positive this season. I went over the wage budget, but not by much. Gonna get rid of quite the number of dead weight this summer and hopefully get in some much needed talent. Oh, and the board in their infinite wisdom decided to build a new stadium. Since we averaged 451 (26%) in our current one that must be a great choice. :rolleyes: Anyway, the new stadium has a capcity of almost 7k(!) so they must have some high hopes for us.

Our best player this season must be our main striker, Mitchell Bryant, who scored the main share of our goals. The other notable players this season are Lee Chaffey, the rock of our defense, and young playmaker Andy Graham.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square N	10th		1st rnd		Mid table

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2040/41

Last season we won our first major trophy since the transition to an all-W&F youth product squad. This season I was hoping to close the gap on Man City for the title.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We won exactly the same number of points as last season, but came a point closer to the leaders. More importantly we opened up a four point gap on third placed Man Utd.

Community Shield - we were lucky to take this to penalties as we were completely outplayed.

Capital One Cup - we did well to get this far as I stuck with the fringe players.

FA Cup - another terrible draw as our reserves got stuffed.

UEFA Champions League - we had a terrible start but soon hit unstoppable form. The final was tight, but we won it with our only shot on target.

Squad - every year the squad gets stronger as the players get older. We had our first non-English youth player make it into the first team squad, hopefully I can convert him sooner or later.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another stunning season, he managed to avoid any big injuries this time.

Léopold Agbodossinji - solid yet again.

Barry Miles - the promising midfielder has started chipping in with a few goals.

Tom Mayo - technically great, but has struggled to hit top form until now.

Phil Batty - another great winger who is starting to find his feet.

Career Overview

2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners

Next Season

We are still making progress which is great, hopefully the shock Champions League win will be enough to allow us to kick on and really challenge Man City for the title.

Stafford Season 2026/27

[TABLE="width: 659"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]STAFFORD RANGERS[/TD]
[TD]Honor Roll[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Season[/TD]
[TD]League Pos[/TD]
[TD]FA Cup[/TD]
[TD]League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Europe[/TD]
[TD]Stage[/TD]
[TD]Notables[/TD]
[TD]Formation[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2026/27[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]5th Rd[/TD]
[TD]4th Rd[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]BPL[/TD]
[TD]FIFA CWC Champs, Supercup Champs[/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025/26[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]1st Rd[/TD]
[TD]Champs[/TD]
[TD]BPL[/TD]
[TD]Appointed England Manager[/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024/25[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]6th Rd[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023/24[/TD]
[TD]4th[/TD]
[TD]Semis[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]SF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022/23[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]QF[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411, 4141[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021/22[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020/21[/TD]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019/20[/TD]
[TD]8th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4411,4321[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018/19[/TD]
[TD]13th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]"[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]41221[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017/18[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Championship[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]41221[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016/17[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4132, 442[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015/16[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]League 2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]442,4231[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014/15[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]41221, 4312[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013/14[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BSN[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]460, 41221[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

After the high of last season, I decided to sell off some of my best players. We started off the season really well, and then injuries hit. Our 3-1 European Supercup win came with 3 key injuries :-( As the season progressed that number soon climbed to 6.

That forced me to enter the January transfer market looking for 3 players that could fit into the first team but had to come cheap. Whatever happened, I was not going to exceed my revenue. So I worked out a budget of 20 million and set out to get 3 players for that. The 3 ended up being bit players who could come in for the league matches I was also forced into turning to my youth, handing out starts to several 17 year olds in an effort to identify some options, we managed to unearth one such future champion, who ended up having the distinction of coming in for very tough matches and forcing our "maradona" Guido Jansen to the bench.

This season we just didn't have the depth to challenge and keep up with Manchester City. We lost the same number of games with 7 matches left but we dropped a lot of points when we couldn't finish off a lotta teams in the first half of the season. The 11 draws were expensive as City only drew 2 the whole season.

In December my total squad strength including reserves was barely 20, with 6 out injured we were struggling. By the end of the season we were 30, but I will still need to consider some players futures next season. Our policy of selling players will continue as we embark on our plan to build a new stadium.

Domestic Cup update

The lack of depth forced me to use the reserves for all our cup matches, as I had to save my main team for the league and champions league. Needless to say sending in your second stringers against Spurs at White Hart Lane isn't wise, we lost that match 2-0 and were sent packing out in the 5th Round. News that we drew Manchester City in the 4th Rd of the FA Cup didn't sit well with me, as I resigned myself to watching my youth succumb 4-0 away. it was a choice I had to make as our Champions League campaign required fresh legs.

Champions League

Our group featured Fiorentina, Lyon, and Stuttgart. Lyon were former semifinalists and the Italians were having a good run at home. We managed to beat Fiorentina 3-0 at home, but our trip to France saw us struggle to hold them to a goaless draw. The Germans came calling next, and we couldn't break their defense as they forced us into another goaless stalemate. Lyon on the other hand battered the Italians 3-0. Our return trip to Germany was more successful as we escaped there with a 2-1 win. We then travelled to the home of the Italians and again couldn't pull off a win, we were saving our players for Europe and dropping points there and at home. I was getting increasingly worried, but Fiorentina were now surprising everyone with their late surge as they beat the French away. The group was now wide open, 3 teams could advance. With two games left, all the teams drew their next match. This would go down to the wire, we had to win or get a point and if Fiorentina won their last game, the French were out. We held the French away from home and the Italians joined us in the next round when they narrowly beat Stuttgart. It was a wild group ride.

My team was getting so used to dropping points we started doing it in England, and the Club World Cup was looming, we went there and swept everyone aside and then the newly crowned World Champions came home brimming with confidence and smashed Villa 7-1.

Our European journey would now see us face another Italian giant in Inter Milan, whom we held 1-1 away and beat them 3-1 at home. Porto lost 4-0 on aggregate, and thankfully Manchester City was sent crashing out of the competition by Barcelona, who were then defeated in turn by Benfica. We confidently defeated PSG 2-0 on aggregate to line up a date with destiny. It was our second ECC final and this time we were smiling - no MANCHESTER CITY.

At home we were 10 points behind Manchester City without a hope in hell of catching them, so with 3 games to go to the final. I knew it was time to rest up my core group, and sent in my second stringers, who well lost all their matches. It was Europe or bust.

[video=youtube;bsi_j4GBtk8]

2044/45: Enfield Town mini-update:

Playing my first season with an entirely Enfield Town Youth Product squad. We're doing quite well - we can finish no worse than second in the league (between us and Arsenal), we're in the UCL QF's (vs BvB) and the FA Cup semi (vs Man Utd), but we did go out in the Capital One Cup QF against local rivals Tottenham (even if FM doesn't see them as our rivals :().

It helps that most of the matchday squad for the past 5-6 seasons have been youth products, so I only had to replace a few rotation players with YP's.

Won the 2042 World Cup with England, with all 23 players provided by Enfield Town, and we went one step further by winning Euro 2044 with only Enfield Town YP's called up to the squad. After that I resigned, with Arsenal manager Lionel Messi replacing me. My first noteable YP, Nolan Davenport (CB), holds the record for most England caps at 183, at 31 years old.

I'll post a end-of season update once I get there... don't know why I didn't continue posting in here really. :/

00315453.jpg

XaW - Blue Square North - Season 2014/15

Before the season started we were expected to finish on a decent 10th place after we had a good season last year. The players seemed to disagree from the go as we started with a bang. All the 3 first matches ended with wins and goals galore. We continued this form, with the occasional draw along the way until we lost our first match in the 9th match of the season. Still, this didn't stop us as we still had a decent run through the autumn. Since we got quite far in the cups we had a number of games in hand on the other teams, this caused them to climb above us on the table, but as soon as we caught up we found our way back to the top. It wasn't before in February we hit our first dip in form as we went 5 games without a win. Still, 4 of them were draws so we still managed to pick up some points. After a little tweaking with the tactics we hit form again and finished the season with 4 wins in the last 5 to give us a small gap down to others and win the league. Even though this was a very successful season it still was very frustrating. Many of our victories this season, especially after Christmas, were 1-0s or 2-1s. We were far from comfortable or superior to the other teams in the league. This gives me to concerns as to how next season will progress, but I still have hopes of survival.

We progressed further this season than last in the cups. A point to mention is that we knocked out Cambridge Utd, our parent club, from both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy. I think they didn't like that, but our fans were ecstatic. In the FA Cup we knocked out St. Neots, Kettering, Cambridge Utd and Weymouth before getting an away draw at League One outfit Chesterfield in the 2nd round. They thumped us 4-0 as expected, but still a good run. In the FA Trophy we knocked out St. Neots (again), Barrow, Cambridge Utd (again) and Boston Utd before getting knocked out by Gateshead in the 4th round.

Financially we made a profit this season, but we are still shaky. We are struggling to pay the stadium loan, but our good cup runs helped out quite a bit. During the summer we are moving into our new stadium, if the work is finished as projected, and I hope our attendances will improve quite a bit the next season.

Our best player this season is once again our top scorer Mitchell Bryant. Other notable players are Jack Curtis and a young player who came through our youth system last season, Ollie Chapple. He got a chance when we had some injures and played his heart our and he's now part of the main squad even though he's only 16.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square N	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2041/42

Last season we managed to win the Champions League which gave us our second major trophy as a squad of only youth products. This season we were looking to close the distance on title winners Man City.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It wasn't convincing, but we edged out Man City to the title. Man City look to be getting weaker as their strikers (that I sold them) are getting older.

UEFA Super Cup - despite dominating the match we made hard work in getting the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - another poor run in this competition.

FA Cup - things were looking good until we drew Man City away.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking unbeatable but Arsenal stole a victory at our ground before holding on to a 0-0 to knock us out in the semi final.

Squad - the squad is looking a lot more balanced now as the players are getting older. We are still weak on the left flank but the squad is looking great.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another stunning goal tally.

Léopold Agbodossinji - missed a lot through injury, but played superbly.

Adam Thompson - a real star, and still young.

Tom Mayo - looks great but has never really played as well as he could.

Phil Batty - another decent winger who provides a lot of assists.

Career Overview

2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners

Next Season

Winning the league title was superb, but I have a feeling that retaining it will be more difficult. A league/CL double is what I am after, but that looks unlikely.

World Cup 2042 with England is up next.

8325134-1.png

2044/45 Season Review

Premier League / Champions League / FA Cup / Capital One Cup / Community Shield

Stats / Finances / Transfers / Board Confidence

So, our first season playing only players we have produced through the Youth Academy. And on the whole, it has been a success! Sure, we 'only' won a double, but they are the two highest prized trophies available - The Champions League (for a record 11th time! Eat that Real Madrid!) and the Premier League (Champ19ns - to nick the United thing, though they now have 24 titles...) The Champions League was a rather remarkable achievement as we only qualified from the group in the last game, where we needed Valencia to lose Bayern and we needed a win, which both happened, rather emphatically, as we beat Prague 9-1, while Valencia lost 3-1!

I wasn't expecting too much in the domestic cups as our rotation players are all young and inexperienced, and our better players were rested for the League/UCL assault. The Capital One QF and FA Cup semi is a good reflection of what we deserved.

Youth intake:

YP45a / YP45b / YP45c

YP45a is a worldy, possibly the best striker I've ever seen for his age. YP45b and YP45c are not much worth writing home about, but could become useful squad players.

Aims for Next Season:

Continue to attempt to win everything with players from our youth academy only.

Note: Most of the YP's have been at the club for years, so although this was the first season with ONLY youth products, only a few of them are relatively new, and even then, they were only backups/rotation.

00315453.jpg

XaW - Blue Square Premier - Season 2015/16

Just as the season started the board hit me with bad news. They had, in their infinite wisdom, cut the wage budget while at the same time turned us into a professional side. This meant I was well above my wage budget with a whole bunch of players on part-time contracts. I had my work cut out ahead of me as I tried to get most of the players onto a full-time contract while not giving them much more wage. Not the easiest task, but I managed it quite nicely. Unfortunatly, this also pretty much stopped me from signing any other players and we were stuck with the same bunch as last year. I had to get rid of quite the number of players as well to keep within the budget. We didn't have much youth players capable of playing regularly, so I needed to count on the players not getting injured. As the season started we struggled with the chance of pace compared to last season. In the first 14 matches we only managed a single win. We did get quite the number of draws, but we were far from comfortable just above the relegation zone. The bad form continued until Christmas, but once the calendar showed 2016 we hit the form we needed. We still lost many matches, but turned some draws into victories. This meant we were climbing further away from the relegation zone and as the end of the season approached we were comfortable with our position and never felt relegation threaten us. In the end we finished in a decent 16th place.

We had previously shown ourselves as a team who progresses well in the cups and we continued this trend. In the FA Cup we started out in the 4th qualifying round beating Braintree, Porthsmouth, Oldham and AFC Wimbledon to progress into the 4th round. Here our opponent were Shrewsbury who are competing for promotion to the Championship. We tried our best, but in the end the beat us 2-0. The FA Trophy went even better as we beat Alfreton, Boston Utd, Burton, Lincoln and Boreham Wood to progress to the final. Our opponent would be Forest Green and the final was a thriller. In the end we managed to beat them 3-2 and could name ourselves champions.

For the first time we are looking good financially. Much thanks to our cup runs we made quite the cash this season. The attendances increased much as well as our cut wage budget also contributed to the profit. Thanks to this I have managed to increase youth coaching as well as youth recruitment. Still no improvement in the facilities, but I'm hoping we can increase it if we continue to make money.

Our best player this season is our striker Dan Williams. While he can't pass to save his life, he is a prolific goalscorer. Other notable players are Barry Hill and Lionel 'not Messi' Stone.

2014/15		Blue Square N	1st		2nd rnd		Promotion!
2015/16		Blue Square P	16th		4th rnd		FA Trophy winner

FCUnited- League 2 - 2016/17

League Table

League Positions Graph

Promotion is becoming a welcome habit as we set offat the top of the table & pretty much stayed there all through the campaign. Salisbury, who came up from BSP with us,pushed us all the way but we grabbed a late winner against them with 4 games togo to make the title ours.

Capital One Cup –Tough away draw to Middlesborough but held our own depsite losing onPenailties.

FACup- Made it to the 3rd round again beforecrashing out to Sheffield Weds.

Johnstone Paint Trophy Beat League 1 winners Blackburn in the 1stround but then dissapointed against Altrincham, thought we could have made itto Wembley in this competition but maybe next year.

Squad- Promotion wagerises took a chunk out the budget but still managed to improve the squad. Will probably need to offload a few to allownew faces or look to the loan market.

TransfersStretched the wage billbut worth it to achieve promotion. Splashed out 50k in January to bring inex-loanee Joe Mckee, if I can improve his physical stats he could be a star fora few years yet.

FinancesPushed the wage bill by 2k a week & not muchmore to play with next season. Still notattracting big crowds so at least the board haven’t crippled us building a newstadium, another promotion though might see that looming.

Key Player Profiles:

Kieren Kennedy– Took over as club captain and lead the back line.

George Donnelly – Lead the front line andclinical in front of goal. Would havescored 40 + if he didn’t have the habit of hitting the post so often!

Chris Atkinson– Still the main man in midfield also improved hisgoal contribution. Missed 2 months with injury at end of season which was ablow.

Player of the Season

George Donnelly –26 goals setting a new club record.

Oneto watch

Liam McAlinden – Yet to prove his potential but coaches all praisehim, could be a star of the future.

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShading]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] Season

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] League

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] Position

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81] 2013/14

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71] BSN

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83] 7th [/TD]

[TD=width: 336] Manager of Year Runner up [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] 2014/15

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] BSN

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Manager of Year, FA Trophy Winners

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81] 2015/16

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71] BSP

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336] Manager Of Year

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 81, bgcolor: transparent] 2016/17

[/TD]

[TD=width: 71, bgcolor: transparent] L1

[/TD]

[TD=width: 83, bgcolor: transparent] 1st

[/TD]

[TD=width: 336, bgcolor: transparent] Manager of Year

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Next Season

Wage bill needs reducing, not sure if squad is strong enough to challenge again. Already brought in a young Arsenal striker onloan & expect to utilise the loan market further this season. Adverts placed for new Assistant Managers sostaff strengthening is going to be key.

MajorCompetitions

Premier League Man City, Arsenal, AstonVilla

Championship – Brighton, Everton, Huddersfield Town

League 2 – FC United, Salisbury, Crewe, Rochdale

FA Cup – Arsenal bt Chelsea

Capital One Cup – Man City bt Chelsea

Champions League – Man City bt FC Porto

Archived