dafuge's FM13 challenge

KETTERING TOWN

2023/2024 - Premier League CHAMPIONS!!

1313591030Kettering%20Town%20badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League Table | Position Graph

League Fixtures 1 , 2 ,Cups

Summary

CAMPEONE, CAMPEONE OLE OLE OLE!! Fantastic season, not only league but also Community, FA Cup and Champions League. Weird, cause it was first season where i was selling rather than buying, but i think thats because i had a squad of players that played together for quite some time now. Sangare is absolute beast, most valuable player in the world currently, recently signed a new contract with him, had to double his wages.

So, ladies and gentleman, without further ado - Kettering Town, best team in the world!

(in brackets - season when he joined team/transfer fee in pounds)

1st Team: bought for 97.6mln / current value 224.75mln

Royle(20/21-14mln)

Sangare(18/19-10mln)---------------Carballo(20/21-3.5mln)

Li Longfu(23/24-19.5mln)--Pastel(20/21-12mln)

Mazza(19/20-3.2mln)

Esposito(21/22-6.25mln)--Kone(18/19-3.3mln)--Dunn(22/23-15.5mln)--Colic(20/21-3.6mln)

Dack(21/22-6.75mln)

2nd Team (Ass Man - Cesar since April 2017)

bought for 60.175 mln / current value 117.1 mln

Danielewicz (23/24-22 mln)

Carillo(21/22-11.5mln)---------------Voinov(21/22-10mln)

Manganiello(21/22-4.6mln)--Plaskonny(23/24-free)

Muso(19/20-free)

Breu(22/23-free)--Cabrera(22/23-free)--Ronald(22/23-1.8mln)--Schelotto(21/22-9.5mln)

Cremers(21/22-775k)

Most talented youngster - Titz (23/24-7.5mln and as his name suggests, definitely worth watching! :) )

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         FA Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Fa Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd
2016/17   npower League 1          2nd         FA Cup 4th rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd, taken over by a tycoon at the end of the season
2017/18   npower Championship      2nd         FA Cup Semi-Final, CC Quarter Final
2018/19   Premier League           7th         FA Cup 3rd Rnd, CC Final lost on penalties
2019/20   Premier League           5th         FA Cup Final, CC QF, Europa League Winners
2020/21   Premier League           3rd         FA Cup Winner, CC 3rd Rnd, Europa League Winners
2021/22   Premier League           4th         FA Cup 4th Rnd, CC Winners, Champions League Winners
2022/23   Premier League           2nd         FA Cup 6th Rnd, CC 4th Rnd, Champions League Runner-up, CWC Winners
2023/24   Premier League           1st         FA Cup Winner, CC 3rd Rnd, Champions League Winners, Community Shield Winners

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not what I had hoped for, no shiny stuff for me, slight progress in the league but still a few to many failings. Need to strengthen the squad in the off-season, Lapado has decided he is leaving. He scored 9goals last season and earns £800 a week so he can sod off getting sick & tired of his complaining. I've just offered him to free to clubs, 50% of next sale though so hopefully someone will pick the whining sod up.

I found a DL and just need to found 2-3 others to really compete but I'll probably end up with more. Not really much to note this season, slight improvement in the league, no joy in the cup's. Just need to improve as im getting concerned over stagnating the squad. We need to keep pushing on.

Goal for next year

-------------------

BSP... the TITLE! (again :p)

Cups, need some wins to keep finances up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    10th         
2014/15   Blue Square Bet South    19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet South    11th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  14th
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  15th
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  9th

Had a huge stretch of draws which pretty much kills any chance of winning, was very fortunate to make play-offs. I'm not sure what won the play-offs as I opted to holiday through them which worked better than expected. I did this mostly to avoid stress, I wasn't confident in either of my own tactics so left it in the hands of the assistant manager. I made a pretty much mistake during the off-season, not paying close enough attention I signed 3 DL thinking that 2 of them covered DC as well which was a huge mistake and I'm stuck with 2 of them next season.

If my budget remains the same next year I'll have 1.5k to spend fixing the squad which I have no idea which area's to focus on, I know this sounds rediculous but tactics are based around the avaliable players and short of a striker and a midfielder I'm not happy with the squad at the moment. I will prolly go for a Goalkeeper & two DC's if there on the market but who know's.

First time playing in this new division and quite concerned about the leap given the last season's hit & miss on tactics. Wish me luck...seriously!

Goal for next year

-------------------

Survive, somehow...miracle needed.

Cups, im not sure what cups I get a shot at but would like to win something, sometime lol

Edit Note - The board is building a new stadium due 22/06/2023, costing £9.25m taken a loan of £5.48m rest via sponsorship & grants...TY Finance :S

2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Promoted via playoffs

August went great, I pushed in the Capital One game and got very close to winning it, then the squad held draws to start out the season things looked good I was tinkering between a defensive, standard & attacking set of tactics until Wrexham smashed it, switched to my defensive counter and then things went bad. I ended up relying on 4loan players (3 of which features in the majority of the games). I had to get rid of players on 10% profit just to get the wage budget down so I could bring in new players.

The season over all went about as expected, I would of prefered to have been safer from relegation before the final month but I'll settle for what we got. I need to bring in new players, I'm now playing a 3-3-1-1-2 formation which worked quite well but I need to fix a few areas, I definitely need another striker as otherwise I need to rely on a loaner.

My squad is Full Time so those I intend to keep will be getting new contracts but to be fair theres maybe 3 players I want the rest im happy to replace first opportunity I get, I'll be following a "listen to any offers" for most of my squad to hopefully clear out. The club is in financial crisis due to the new stadium so I have a bad feeling our wage/transfer budget will get slashed and we'll end up in another relegation battle.

So far I've got promoted after 4years each time so I'm not panicking, this year & next will be to rebuild primarily and i'll focus for promotion on the 4th year (will happily accept it sooner if i get lucky tho lol)

Goal for next year

-------------------

Survive, maybe challenge for play-off. I will need to rebuild alot but were in financial ruin so that may not happen.

Cups, I want to improve on last years Capital One Cup & match the Johnstone's run if not win it!

2021/22   npower League 2          18th

Season went much better than expected. Although we failed on the cup front we managed to do well in the league. If we didn't have a pretty ugly run of losses we would of secured the win much earlier. Despite that though got our biggest win so far 5-0 then broke that with 6-0. Not bad with full focus during the season on Defense, we had this league destroyed on goal difference with +27.

I haven't been told what we get for winning the division £ wise, but given were loaning 5mil I doubt we're going to be rich, Im expecting maybe 15k a week for a wage budget but the board may suprise me. I'm going to look to clear out the squad and get rid of 5-6 of my existing players (with years on the contract) I'll offer them out free. Based on the formation I'm currently using I need to focus on picking up a Midleft, Midcenter and GK. For some reason I have 3 gk's on the roster and my coach insists there's all BSN/S at best, my scouts insist there L2 but I need better.

Goal for next year, survive, make a profit, rebuild squad. Still chasing after a big win, I'll get it someday...hopefully lol

I'm expecting it to be a few days before I finish the next season though as I have a uni work backlog to take care of, serves me right for ignoring it to play :p Bloody addictive challenge.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Survive, rebuild, improve finances

2022/23   npower League 2          3rd         Automatic Promotion (gd)

Did it!! Just took 1st in npower League 1, 1 game left to play then will take the pics, wait until I know whats funds we have (currently £200k but prize money etc) before doing the next post though so I know what my goal is next season.

Finally did it, won the league! Very unexpected. I originally expected a 15k wage budget but board shocked me with £25k to spend allowing me to strengthen the squad enough. Still lacking in area's but hell they won the league so I can't complain. Had a bit of a sticky start but v.quickly moved and started holding 3rd for a long time it looked like I was destined to be stuck in the play-offs but thankfully the team kept up solid form and Tranmere & Mansfield (were 1st & 2nd) started to falter, i think because they were still in the Johnston's but I'll take whatever I can get lol.

Finances really shook me, it said we were going to end the season with approx 1.1mil, yet as I write this (final game playing) we're looking to end the season on -£260k so v.disappointed, that's without any finance from league position etc Worst case, they slash our wage budget for next season I'll need to cull the squad and hope for the best, best case we get a huge influx in wages and I can challenge for playoffs.

This season has given me a little time to reflect, as with most people on the challenge I have stuggled more in the BSN/BSP yet flew through L2 & L1 within 3seasons, I think mostly it comes down to the structure ie fewer relegation and more auto-promotion/play spots. Less space to fall middle-pack and not get a change to go up. Although I also think the big increase in funds makes it easier, we have basically funds avaliable to build a new squad each year, which given the "math" behind the game makes life easier than say only buying 1 player and hoping to tactically win.

We have found the ability to score quite easy, i mean 89goals in a season aint bad at all in my eyes. We were 11goals clear of anyone else. Maybe we consider a few to many but we won so meh :p

Just received budgets... 42.5k wage budget, 2.21mil transfer budget.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Top half, some success in cups, rebuild defense.

2023/24   npower League 1          1st         League Title, Manager of the Year

Your team in in a borough of London. Do you think this has any massive effect on how many fans you get? For instance if say you took over the same rep team based miles away from any major towns/cities you'd still get a similar number of fans supporting you?

Your team in in a borough of London. Do you think this has any massive effect on how many fans you get? For instance if say you took over the same rep team based miles away from any major towns/cities you'd still get a similar number of fans supporting you?

I think it only has an effect on season ticket sales. With FM12 I managed a club from a place with a population of 4k but still managed to fill a massive stadium.

Last year I was given a decent budget, I went into the season thinking I would get promotion, yes getting cocky after my L1 title lol. I honestly didn't expect the jump to be so damn harsh, I brought in plenty of players but just couldn't compare. We survived the season though so I can't complain to much, did look like "maybe" challenging a play-off spot but form didn't hold and we soon sinked into mid-table, finally ending in 10th.

I have 3-4contracts due to expire in the off-season and wasnt to bring in 4-5players, I may look to move a few of the more valuable players on aswell if I can get the offers, Oddly despite sticking within my budgets and move up the divisions we haven't been 1mil plus for on-hand finances I would like to change that this year. :S

Purchasing priority has to be a Goalkeeper, I want to find one capable of playing in the Premier too, I think a DM would be handly and maybe a MR but finances will depends etc. Now we had a good first season, now to go for gold!

Goal for next year

-------------------

League Title!

2023/24   npower League 1          1st         League Title, Manager of the Year
2024/25   npower Championship      10th        

Note - Board have agreed to improve both Youth & Training Facilities!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2058/59

The challenge from Manchester United has meant that the league is our biggest challenge, we need to be at out best to win it.

League Table

We were unbeaten for our first 31 games before losing to City. Too many draws meant it came down to the final game before we secured the title.

Community Shield - a convincing win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we were lucky to take this on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - we came so close to losing, but snatched two late goals.

Capital One Cup - I played the younger players and got to the semi finals.

FA Cup - another loss in a semi final.

UEFA Champions League - we came 2nd in the group but hit form in the knockout stages. The final was close, but we took our chances.

Transfers - huge profit as I sold a few stars to give the youngsters a chance in the first team.

Squad - we have so many talented youngsters, we just need a bit of time to allow them to peak.

Finances - looking healthy now I've sold a few big names.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - an amazing goal return for the local lad.

Jordan Brady - a great supporting striker.

David Speed - not sure how I'll ever replace him.

Didier Yao - a youngster who has been given a chance in the first team.

Ricardo Rincón - was signed as a backup player but he's impressed.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

It was a repeat of last season, so hopefully the young players will improve enough to allow us to challenge for every trophy.

Season review, well it wasn't what I hoped for but there were some positives. We had a terrible start to the season and I ended up with alot of tactical tinkering and nothing just fit for the squad. I finally fell back to my old 4-5-1 and thinks started to work out. I rotated the players to find those who fit well and I have renewed several players contracts. The highlight of the season was the 1-0 victory over Newcastle who were on a 11match unbeaten run. Not only because we dominated the match but because prior to this season they were our parent club.

I find this league is fairly varied, some clubs are sat there with a valuation of 2-3mil (which is where our club is) and others have 40mil+ such as Newcastle. Obviously there is a huge amount of cash to be made from a single season in the Premiership so hopefully I'll get there in the coming years.

I targeted, probably unrealistically promotion this year, I have done a complete squad evaluation though and will be releasing 13 players, which reduces my wage bill by 40k! I'll probably get a lower budget next season as were looking at a 1mil loss, but should still be feasible to strengthen the squad...where, what positions, I have no clue. I am thinking of not rebuilding as much as I have in previous years, maybe 2-3players not the 10+ I usually end up buying.

We shall see, I want a better season next year, my main goal is to keep it tight at the back I need to avoid a killer losing streak so that there is potential for a top finish. Looking at my squad is appears not great but I think it has alot of potential as in losing matches we generally dominate the game just need to be more clinical in finishing opportunities.

Unrelated note, I have been doing a season a day and ignoring my uni work & some old client fixes so I can't keep up this pace, that's not saying I wont do the next season within 24hrs but I need to get on-top of my workload so things may slip. I refuse to give up though as I think even making it this far has been a huge accomplishment I need to continue. This should be a gamemode in FM14 as quite frankly its my only reason to play lol

Goal for next year

-------------------

This season we would of gained promotion if our first half was as good as our second half. So next year I want to hit the play-off's or better. Hopefully the smaller squad will have better unity than the half a city I had on the books last year which could be the difference.

2025/26   npower Championship      14th        

yeah trying to resolve that but i can't for the life of me get my hands on a decent defender :S I have a GK on contract for another 4years who will become a leading premier player but for now he is useless :(

Just had a takeover and extra funds pumped in (along with new training facilities) so hopefully i'll find a DC soon

Latest Update - In January atm, just beat Chelsea 3-1 at home despite having 3 of my top players out injured! (FA Cup 4th round) also made 1mil profit so far on the transfer market during the Jan window xD Season going poor but current form could lead to play-offs!

How to sum up this season, I could say disappointing but in reality it wasn't. No playoff spot yet again but the squad is taking shape. One of my biggest issues is finding a good defence, this season I brought in Paulo he spent the first half of the season as a DC and although he did ok it wasn't great. However, in the January window I brought in another DC and he was able to move to DM which is when he shined, I mean he is truelly a pivotal DM. I paid over the "value" to bring him into the squad but he will feature in the Premier, I am playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formattion now and he slides between DM and an AMC roll v.nicely. His form has dipped slightly in the last few games but he is still well worth it. I just hope we get to the Premier first so he can play in the European Cups whilst he is still young.

I need to improve, as otherwise there's no point in a transfer budget. My GK is improving but if I can find better I would like to replace him, I need to bring in a MC for the first team as one of them is fairly weak at the moment. After that I'm happy with the first team squad so I'll look to bring in a AMR/L as a sub, unlikely anything else but I tend to panic and purchase lol Last season I had some pretty heavy injuries that caused us a few issues.

I made a 1mil profit on the transfers last season, of the players I sold it was worth 1.9mil, they cost me £120k to bring in - nice turnover.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Title, I want to push on the squad is forming nicely now. Would be good to gain promotion before further contract renewals.

2026/27   npower Championship      11th        

Bit of a delay in the sum-up, I did push through another season in a day though, becoming a little tooo addicted but I did squeeze out my workload so can't argue to much im a functional addict now lol. We gained promotion, plain and simple down to a good defence. I was using the 4-1-2-2-1 method then after a few defeats and disjointed performances went for a flat 4-1-4-1 which went unbeaten as the season ran out, unfortunately not enough to win the title but clear promotion to I can't argue. The fixture pictures just show league games, I was eliminated from all cups v.early and wanted to show the form of the club as the season progressed.

The reason I held of on the update was fairly simple, I had no idea what financing would be like in the premiership. My clubs top earner is currently on £11.5k a week and his contract is about to expire but he is a great defender, he want's £14.5k but my club don't allow me to go that high so need to find out our budget before I can renew him :( Regardless of finances i'll be looking to off-load 8players from the first team roster as they have no chance of making it in the premier division, although they have contracts so I'll just drop them into the reserves and put them up for sale.

Our stadium is being expanded by 2,250 seats costing £2.8mil due to be complete for the start of next season due to league regulations, this will bring the total up to 12,082seats. Not a new stadium but I guess they want me to conquer the world before they build a stadium and name it after me lol

Budget just came in, £150k a week wage budget and £15.14mil transfer, I'll most likely adjust it to give me more wages though.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Bring in some players, ensure defense stays tight against much better offenses. Try to stay in the division and make a decent ammount of cash so can focus on Midfield next season lol

2027/28   npower Championship      2nd         Automatic Promotion         

Hey guys!

I got a question. I have simulated with my holiday man to June 24th, resigned him and then made a new manager. When I go to June 25th, I cannot sign to the new clubs. They all got manager already. What am I doing wrong?

Ah, i figured it out. I thought I had to apply for the job as you had to do in the 2012 version (just got the 2013 edition). Didn't realize I just had to chose which team I wanted to play for when I made my new manager. I think I will start with Whitehawk.

I may well get relegated my first year in the premiership :( 15pts from 17games so far and now have 6players out injured, 5 of which are part of my first team :S

Scratch above should be safe, bargain hunting in the jan window with my £2mil remaining budget, now 30pts from 25games, i figure 40pts cushions me from relegation

First run in the big leagues and what a ride. I tried purchasing pre-season and brought in some talent, renewed some existing talent and there were definitely some "mistakes" or things that aren't working out. It was a bit odd since the best players tend not to be "Home grown" or atleast the best I could get my hands on so had to bolster my line up with a few players just to meet the requirement.

Things were looking dim until the january window and I was able to pick up a few extra for low cost, they turned the squad into something much better. We finally went on winning runs and took the fight to the oppositions regardless of there status. I expected to "barely" scrape survival but we got a decent position that I'm quite pleased with.

It's strange looking at the finances, I mean we barely struggled to finish a season with 1mil in the bank and suddenly...woah :p Hoping the board is nice enough to give me some of those funds. 5contracts expiring come the off-season and no plans to renew them, I've dropped 1 of my first team a Mid Center, so I'll need to bring in a replacement, then it's about bolstering the sub's but we'll see what I can afford. Atleast 2 home-grown player will be coming in. I could use a good DC and STR maybe a GK but its all about what's on the market, I'm happy to keep my current defenders if I can find a quality GK.

I was writing this whilst the last game was playing and 3-1 win against Man U at home, I was just looking over Home/Away form and theres a huge difference were top5 quality at home but away v.poor, might look to introduce a new "Away" tactic next season If the play replacements doesn't resolve it.

Enlarging the stadium by another 5,477 seats for 6.7mil no word about new training/youth facilities though. The board have also now cleared our outstanding debts, given me a transfer budget of £23.75mil and wage budget of £350k. Should allow me to bring in 5 high quality players min.

Goal for next year

-------------------

I want to qualify for the EuroCup so top 7 in the league would be nice.

I would like to have good runs in the FA Cup but not at the expense of the league.

2028/29   Premier League           10th           

Well I didn't qualify for Europe, I really should stop setting goals as I rarely achieve them, think im running at maybe 25% success rate lol. Oh well, progress was made. It isn't really demonstrated to well by our league position, cup runs or well anything but the squad is forming much better. Unfortunately we had several injuries (almost the entire season with 3 star players injured) I brought in players in January go for a come-back in the league only to have the other half of the squad collapse on me.

It could be worse, fortunately the premiership pay out crazy funds for final position and for tv coverage etc so I have no doubt I'll be financially in a position to finalize my squad for euro qualification, whether or not we achieve it is different.

My biggest challenge next year will be whether or not I'm able to replace my weaker "home-grown" with better "home-grown" as Im a bit sick of carrying a group of pathetic players just to hold to league rules. I may just set myself a season rule of only purchasing 1 non-homegrown player, that may resolve the problem - I just need to hope the right talent is out there.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Replace central defenders, provide substitutes for attacking positions. Remove deadwood from squad.

2029/30   Premier League           13th           

We have failed again, but the squad is getting stronger just not enough depth. I've hit 18years as manager of Hastings and we've gone from no-where to 3years midtable in the premier league so I have to look at that as a success. Unfortunately, I can't help look over some of the missed opportunities, some of the bad transfers and tactical errors along the way.

I don't have many comments re the players, the squad etc So this season's review is going to be short, although the off-season wont be. I felt the squad had improved but our formation was sketchy, we have some "good" results again huge teams, not winning the game but keeping things close, but then we get hammered by the underdog's. I will spend most of my off-season disecting this and trying to find out where we are failing, the squad should be performing better than it is, perhaps this seasons group of big teams in a row killed morale a bit to much, but maybe it's more than that. We shall see.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Pick up the last few players needed. Go for europe!

May end up being a big clear out if transfer funds are low.

2029/30   Premier League           12th           

My plan was some minor adjustments and push for Europe but that didn't happen. I received a few offers on my players and given there age I decided to take up the opportunity to cash in on there retirement. I made 22.5mil from selling the players, I used the funds to bolster my transfer budget and start to reshape my squad, the most important being two players I picked up who will remain at the club until they retire, maybe not that long but I signed them on 5year contracts I don't want to release them, they are Matias Chazaretta bought for 6.75m, and Arnuad Aka bought for £2.4m; now valued £9.5m after 1season. They are just part of the changes I'm making to the squad. Aka was originally on £15k per week but asked for a new contract which I provided now earning £35k until 2027

The big bug was that the big transfers outbound were my AML & AMR and I had planned replacements, but there transfers fell through and I have had to go the entire season with almost no attacking strength. The initial poor results were also due to having to adjust and switch about our tactical play which basically wasted all pre-season training. This has led us to a bottom half of the league, horrendously poor season. However, in an effort not to lose my mind I am looking at the positives, every game we have had more shots, more ccc and more possession. I have secured a AML who will arrive for free in the offseason, so my primary purchasing power will be directed towards an AMR.

The club could benefit from a few others, a new GK would be nice and perhaps a STR if my current doesn't improve. A MC would be good but unlikely as I doubt my budget will stretch. On the brightside if I could bring in a AMR, MC, STR & GK then I wouldn't need to keep my currently sub's except 1dc which would mean a v.strong squad. The bought may be generous though since I have kept 5mil in the transfer budget and 40k p/w under on wages.

Some interesting stat's, we tend to avg 55-60^ possession, 80% pass completion, 85% tackles won, 75% headers won, 15shots a match, 2ccc a match. These stats seem stable whether we play Man City or Wolves. So I like to see potential in there. Maybe Its just insanity from 4 divisions with no improvement on league position lol

Goal for next year

-------------------

Bring in a worldclass AMR

Improve on past performances.

2030/31   Premier League           12th          
2031/32   Premier League           13th           

Not at all sure the last time Canvey Island kicked a ball under my stewardship, but I'm pretty sure it was 2012...regardless, I'm back at the helm, continuing on our fight to rise the leagues in my third season in charge.

Since it seems I never posted about it, I thought I'd confirm we had a very strong first season in the Blue Square Premier, finishing 4th thanks to the many goals of Gavin Tomlin! Sadly we lost in the play-off semi-finals, so no promotion to the football leagues just yet. A few signings were made over the off-season, and despite having a very small core squad (only around 20 players in the first team, no reserves) in order to manage costs and ensure we are paying for talent, not just filler, we're sitting top of the pile just after the mid-way point. We had a lovely long unbeaten run until Ebbsfleet recently burst our bubble (at least 15 league games), form has stuttered since with a lot of draws and disappointing exits from the first round of both the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

Still, being out of those competitions should see us in good stead to fight for promotion. We need to keep up the heat, and more importantly stave off injuries. For the last few games, I've had to promote poor U18 players into the first team as we weren't filling the bench. I'll be delighted once we go professional - having teams constantly trying to sign my non-contract players is becoming quite the chore!

This was the tail of two halfs, the first half of the season we were "mid-table" as far as quality went. I was happily ticking along just waiting for the january transfer window where I hoped the board would inject some cash so I could sort out my ML & AMR they did, they threw £20mil at me and I want shopping (IDIOT!) West Brom beat us 2-0 in the first leg of a cup semi final and I decided screw it I'll try the old 3striker method with no real width (2cm, 1dm) and bam we took them out in the second leg. Based on it's success I ran with it and as you can see the squads form was insanely good. We were still conceding more goals than I would of liked but we were winning constantly.

Unfortunately as the season drew close to an end during beat the snot out of Liverpool they decided to injure 5players, nothing drastic but a few weeks worth of injuries and because I bought a ML/AMR I didn't have any backup for them. Which meant our dream of finishing top3 disappeared without a trace. However, we qualified for the Euro Cup next season. We ended the season with our record high finishing in 7th place. A slight shock though is that Man City finished 6th! They have won the league every year we've been in it but they had a terrible start to the season and there manager got sacked.

Interestingly, the two players I highlighted last season got huge attention with offers around the 20mil mark coming in which I have refused despite the clubs finances looking bleak. Aka came runner-up for Young player of the year. I figure league position, tv rights for next season would bring us to safety anyway so why lose on my stars. Another player who the fans disapproved off came to fruition this year, I bought him for 4mil last season and is now also attracting a 20mil bid from Man United (refused). He is my SuperStriker, Carlos Santana. He challenged for the League's top goal scorer the entire season bagging quite a few hat-tricks along the way, he ended the season with a huge 31goals, 10assists in 31league appearences - he came runner up but he would of won the league top goal scorer if he didn't miss out on a few games due to injury. He did win Player of the Year though! He has now stated he wants to move to a bigger club so I promised him we'd qualify for Champions Cup next year (here's hoping im not a liar lol).

Cups both finals against Arsenal, the Capital One which we eventually won, doesn't pay much in the way of finances but gave us an early Euro Qualification, not to mention pushed on me to switch to the 4-1-2-3 tactic which driven us the rest of the season so v.pleased with that. The FA Cup was tight run on a few occasions and I never dreamt we'd get as far as we did. I was pleased with coming up against Arsenal following our Capital One final we ran out v.comfortable winners 4-1! We got an FA Cup record of 7assists by Findlay!

I'm not sure what the finances are like for next year but I need to resolve a few mistakes, I'll try to break even on my January signings but may suffer and take a loss of 1-2mil. I'm hoping the board realize the need to extend our budget to facilitate further wages so I can add depth that will be needed for a much more congested fixture list next year. I'll be making a point of bringing in Home-grown players as I had an issue in January where I couldn't fit in the players properly due to using Youth to meet the Home-grown requirement. Primary targets for transfer is another Str more supportive for Santana though, a MC so I can drop Chazaretta into DM where he is best suited. Then I'll look for a DC/DL and DC/DR so I have cover in all defensive positions so aiming for 4 players (maybe more) looking to release 4minimum but budget may allow for more activity.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Top 3 in the league.

Good runs in all cup's.

2032/33   Premier League           7th 	       FA Cup, Capital One Cup Winners, Manager of the Year          

Insomnia for the win, 2hrs of sleep = best success so far :p

Canvey Island - 2015/16 - Blue Square Premier

BadgeCanvey_Island.png

After not doing any kind of review at the end of the last season (it *may* have had something to do with an agonising 2-1 play-off final defeat), I felt I should at least reveal how my third season at the helm of Canvey Island turned out. As it went, it was a pretty good one....

League - Blue Square Premier - 1st

After narrowly missing out on a play-off triumph last year, having led 1-0 before falling to defeat, we made amends this season as we took the Conference title with just a game to spare! It looked to be another season battling near the top straight away, but we soon extended a gap at the top thanks to a 19 game unbeaten streak, of which 17 or 18 would have been in the league (as you'll soon hear, we were terrible in cup competition). We wobbled after Christmas as an injury crisis hit, going 6 games without a victory in all competitions (1 defeat, 5 draws!), however despite the advances of Stockport, Northampton and later Forest Green to put the pressure on us, we kept it up towards the end of the season thanks to a few massive results. We faced both Stockport and Northampton away in the final 8 games - winning at Stockport thanks to a late, late Doughty winner, and sharing the spoils with Northampton. This meant we could seal the title at Game 45 if results went our way - we dispatched relegated Cheltenham 3-0, with Northampton and Stockport failed to win meaning the title was ours with a game to spare!

Since we gained the title lead in October we relinquished it just once (around March to Stockport, for one game), so we should great resolve to get ourselves into a winning position and hold on. 85 points won the title last season, it would have done so again this year but it was nice to see us top that. The main change this year was swapping defeats for draws - last year if I remember rightly we drew 9 and lost 15, this year drew 18 and lost 5 (as well as winning one more game). That extra solidity was key and helped us battle out a point where we would have got nothing last year. I feel bad for Stockport - they finished 2nd last year, and crumbled towards the end of the season this year having been our main competition for 90% of the season. At least Kettering didn't win the play-offs, who snuck into them for the first time on the final day!

Cups - FA Cup (1st Round), FA Trophy (1st Round)

Nothing to write home about here. We got past Margate 2-0 in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round, but then were humped 3-0 by Accrington Stanley (who are they?). The FA Trophy loss was worse really, going out to a BSS team who I can't even remember now! Aah well, for promotion I will take being ****-poor in the cups!

The Squad

Only a few signings had been made this season, mainly as talent was hard to come by. I made sure we at least spent wisely and got the best we could - Josh Webb was a great signing this year, as was Alex Brister. Corby Moore, Adam Nditi and Bradley Chappell joined during the season and will all be part of next year's squad. The key men for me were the ever-present Aaron Pierre at the back and the fantastic Ronnie McAuley up front. Just 18, built like a brick house and more than ready for league football - he joined from Billericay's youth system can you believe! We fought off attempts for his signature in January (at that time, he was non-contract, I splurged to keep him) from League One sides, which was crucial really. Ryan Plowright was another favourite, he played pretty much every game on the wing, had great fitness unlike some other members of my midfield.

Rose (who did very well considering his age compared to the rest of the squad, and his ability), Day, Warburton and Tomlin definitely won't play a part next year - that means I'm looking at at least two LBs, a back-up RB, a back-up RM and also another LM as Doughty is going back to QPR. I will probably be letting McClure go too, so a third striker will be needed. Again we will have a small squad, but it copes well this season so I'm not overly worried.

Next Season

Main headline is that the management have decided (somewhat misguidedly, imo) to build a new stadium! around 7,800 seats in there, the poorly named "Canvey Island Stadium" will be done in 2 years. While it'll be nice to have a full-seater stadia, I can't help but feel we could have just put some seats in Park Lane and been fine here until we got to the Championship. We're bringing in less than 2,000 already so there's no great demand for a bigger stadium yet. At most that new stadium will expand to what, 20,000? If we do climb the leagues that will be too small by the time we reach the Prem! Oh well, such is life...at least there's only £9k/month repayments!

Finally we have gone Professional too - no more non-contract players! That will safe the frustrating of non-league sides consistently trying to buy my decent players. It will increase costs but it's necessary if we're going to plan to head further up the pile.

Career Review

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Season  | League                  | Position | Cups and Other Notables                                   |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Blue Square Bet South   | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 4th Qual Rd, FA Trophy 1st Round        |
|2014/15 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 4th      | Lost Play-Off Final, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round|
|2015/16 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 1s       | Champions;FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           |

Grats on the promotion. I wouldn't worry to much about the stadium in my save our stadium is just under 21k (good ole Hasting UTD Stadium :p) and we've been in the premier for 5year now and they wont build a new one.

I wont have an update today, had done 3months but the damn game crashed when I went to talk to a player and the auto-save was about a week away. Extremely frustrating because we were 1st in the division :(

Cheers guys!

Makes it a bit more of a challenge I guess that I won't be bailed out by huge gate receipts once I get to the Prem! Although I guess all the prize money should be a nice leveller...

Also, wish they would be at least a little more inventive with these stadium names. Any chance someone who has that in-game editor would mind taking a look at my save to tell me the ID number of the new stadium (once it's complete anyway!)? That way I can knock up a LNC file to rename it "The Dean Macey Community Stadium" :cool:

I can't complain to much about this season, it looked at one point like we may have taken the premier title but it wasn't to be, we need to overcome the big3 and we'll get there though. It didn't help that Aka the bolt of our defence got injured in February and had to miss the rest of the season then at the end of April 3 others decided to join him so we were v.lucky to finish top3. Fortunately out players went from the red to orange for the Euro final and managed to hold it together. It also helps Newcastle (the only team that could take the 3rd spot from us) were up against Man U for there final fixture lol

The season's transfers were v.interesting. I was told by the board i'd get 80% of player sales - since they only gave me 9mil I figured I could sell a few players to bring in fresh talent. Which I made a point of doing, I signed 3players (1 joins start of next year, 1 the year after) under 18 to join the squad for our future. I found them at Boca Juniors same place I got Chazaretta. I spent approx 14.3mil on those 3 players, but im confident they will be worth it. I was forced before the community sheild to buy a keeper as my main went and injured himself, I found one but he wasn't great. Bought for 1.8mil sold for 2.3mil in january window. The other big sale was Groot, his contract was due to expire at the end of the season and he wanted more funds than I could offer, add the that several big name clubs offering him contracts trying to avoid the transfer fee - so I bit the bullet and sold him for 11.5mil - 4.5mil profit on when I bought him, unfortunately the board had changed my % to 30% so I couldn't buy a replacement good enough so we fell v.short for backup. 6players in (1 to reserves, 2 in the future) 9 players out. I just hope next season Im allowed to add depth as this is my biggest issue - I'll be trying to offload one of my DM's and my DR too as they don't quite cut it. Current squad

Cups didn't go great but frankly I was glad of the rest for my players, they were dying on there feet in a few games going in at 70% in leagues games, nightmare when I had them on low/v.low training. We did reach the final of the Euro Cup which I think should be considered a big win after losing in the 1st leg to Inter in the Quarters, we kicked Man City about in the Semi's. Although to be fair I would of rather not have had to put up with the injuries it brought.

The only thing I really have to say is next season I need to add as much depth as possible, even if it means signing weak players to spend a year on the bench. I need to start looking for a GK replacement & DR aswell for the first team but I need atleast 10people sat on my bench so I can cover these fixtures. I will most likely splash a huge amount of cash with pay over 48months, something i've not done up until this point.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Top 3 in the league.

Add alot of depth!

2032/33   Premier League           7th 	       FA Cup, Capital One Cup Winners, Manager of the Year 
2033/34   Premier League           3rd 	                

RE Transfers let Findley go for 38mil along with Omrani player for 9mil, spent 74mil bringing players in but most spread over 4years (we had a 35mil budget anyway).

Board have also agreed to ugprade training & youth facilities.

We also just beat Barcelona 7-1 in a friendly! (on TV xD)

Well...this is why I don't have any store or credit cards lol. I ended up using the transfer deadline as an excuse to over-purchase quality depth for my squad. I still felt a little unsure come december so bought an AMR (my board did give me an extra 25mil tho :p) I offset it with removing two of my weaker players.

The league was a tight-run affair but I was confident, the only big dip we had was January during the international call-ups we were left 3 players short then 2 went injured so we were playing with 2 on the bench one of which was my replacement keeper. I'm not to unhappy though, I intend to release my lead keeper during the off-season to replace him with the younger one I already bought. I "may" bring in an AML if I can find one was my current is a striker that's not fluent and I like having 2 completely different tactics I can employ, one more narrow and one with good width. We won the league after a draw against wolves we should of won the match but an 89th minute penalty confined us to a draw, but that was all we needed as Man U's form had dipped to slow there chase. It also allowed me to the rest my stronger players ahead of our Champions Cup final against Newcastle.

The champions cup almost came undone with tottenham I played the first match at home using my narrow formation I used for the first half of the season but matched to win on away goals using the wider form. It looked like we were destined to get Man U in the final after they were 4-1 up at there first leg but they lost 6-1 to newcastle in there replay which was lovely cos I still doubt this squad against Man U.

I feel an urge to explain the transfers as there was huge figures floating about and the totals look crazy. Pre-season I was given around 35mil and I received a nice 38mil offer for Findley. I also got given 25mil for the January window' so the club gave me 60mil to spend. I brought in £195mil worth in players, sold £111mil so if we add the 60mil I was given that's only going over by 19mil, 20mil over 2years and 20mil over 4years. So provided I stay 10-15mil under my budget for the next few year's we'll be fine. I'll also be making sure to sell to off-set spending as I look to replace older players with younger. I ideally like to have a squad with no-more than 2 30year old's as it means I don't need to change them and club finances can just go up & up. Plus they tend to increase in value around 28-30 so I can make a big profit as I let them go.

Best part is being ranked the world's top welsh manager, which means I stand a good chance of getting the spot managing Wales when I leave Hastings.

I'm not sure what I need to win to finish the challenge or if the Champions Cup + League qualifies but im desperate to start on a new challenge I'm creating for myself - an uber tactic set I can use successful in any club around the world. So future updates will come sparingly on this challenge maybe once a week.

Goal for next year

-------------------

Retain the league.

Avoid big spending.

2033/34   Premier League           3rd 	                
2034/35   Premier League           1st         League Winner, Champions Cup Winner, Manager of the Year 	                

Meandering along steadily in mid-table, not scoring many or conceding either...then score 10 in our next 3, win them all and go from 12th to 1st :eek:

Also dumped Millwall out of the J-Paint 3-0, then realised they've won EVERY League One game so far (10/10). So no idea what's gone in the players' cornflakes in the past few weeks, but we've become phenomenal. I think it's mainly that there's a bit of confidence about us now - the goals didn't start flowing until we smashed 5 past Burton (all in the second half, after being 2-0 down), now they won't stop. Jake Jervis has gone from not being able to hit a barn door at first to scoring 9 in 6!

I'm trying to get Enfield promoted, but so far it seems like it's impossible!

Edit: Just got Frickley which has the same rep as Enfield, so it's not impossible! (Y)

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2059/60

Once again, our aim was to open up a gap against rivals Manchester United and hopefully win one of the smaller cups with our squad players.

League Table

We weren't unbeatable, but we managed to pull away from the Manchester clubs.

Community Shield - we really should have win this without the penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - no problems against Championship Blackburn.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

NextGen Series - I usually don't bother, but pit a bit of effort into this, including managing them in the final.

Capital One Cup - not usually a great competition for us, but we stormed through a one sided final.

FA Cup - we came up short against Swansea.

UEFA Champions League - the knockout rounds were a bit nervy, but we made our way to a final where we came back to win.

Transfers - not a lot of action.

Squad - the young squad is getting better and better, it is hard to improve it now.

Finances - looking healthy again.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - another stunning season from the striker.

Ricardo Rincon - he's claimed the second striker role.

David Speed - he's getting older but is still running the show.

John Bakker - the rock at the back.

Jordan Brady - still putting in great performances.

Career Overview

2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We finally got that extra cup we wanted, without losing out on the major honours. Total domination is hopefully on the way.

Dafuge was there any other cups I needed to win on mine btw, I've done the champions cup, fa cup, capital one & league. Just wondering as im doing my pentagon challenge but if theres more to do here i will wrap up before focusing on it.
This challenge is just about winning the Premier League and Champions League, everything else is a bonus.

Aye I'll be continuing with it as I want to dominate the premier and take on managing wales internationally but trying also looking for a new challenge (pentagon) so gonna focus on being a broke manager for a while then return to the millions of pounds you get in the premier. Im trying to unlock the steam achi's and I got a rangers save on the go to get Scotland Hero etc

I'm trying to get Enfield promoted, but so far it seems like it's impossible!

Edit: Just got Frickley which has the same rep as Enfield, so it's not impossible! (Y)

I saved the game where Frickley got promoted and today i decided to start with them, since I still haven't seen Enfield promoted.

Where can I find logos for the clubs getting promoted and in the lower leagues? I tried downloading a mega-pack. But it was only some of the Blue Square South/North teams, which had some.

Here is the new manager The Blues.

Canvey Island - 2016/17 - League Two

BadgeCanvey_Island.png

So, good times have come to Canvey Island as we've reached the big, professional leagues. So we'll be playing the likes of Accrington rather than Stockport, Gateshead rather than Kidderminster. Small steps I guess (I joke, I joke!).

League - League Two - 1st

Well, that was a surprise! Despite a mixed start of low scoring draws, wins and the odd defeat, we really kicked on toward the end of September, took the League Two lead in October and held it for most of the season until we clinched promotion and the title with 2 games to go! I'd like to give myself some credit here, we were 2-0 down at home to Burton, but came back to trounce them 5-2. From this point onward we looked like a team capable of scoring anytime, before this we'd only scored one goal at most in a game!

Enough of the big headed-ness. We could have absolutely stormed the title, but I don't believe the squad was good enough for that. I'm very surprised we were even in the promotion hunt, let alone leading it for most of the year (bar times when York, Bradford and Torquay lept ahead). What really helped us was no-one else seemingly wanting to go up, a lot of different teams occupied the top 3 over the season, and only 10 points separated 3rd to 17th. Only once in the past 5 seasons or so would a team have won a title with 82 points, in all other years they would have been promoted but in 3rd position, so I feel we lucked into things a little here. But hey, if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle, we gave it a good go and despite a customary January slip (4 defeats in 5), we came back strong. Our away record was excellent the first half of the season and home average, this swapped in the second with a terrible away record and a brilliant home one. We barely won away after January until April, where we beat Fleetwood away 3-1 to take promotion, then a final day draw with Oldham sealed the title (we played a day after everyone else, knowing only a defeat by 12 goals would lose us the top spot! So onto League One we go...

Cups (FA Cup 1st Round, Carling Cup 1st Round, J-Paint South Semi Final)

Wycombe in the Carling Cup was our first game of the season, and I was dreading our year ahead as we meekly succumbed to a 3-1 defeat. Yes, they're a League One club, but I expected a little fight. Fight is certainly what I got against high-flying League One side Sheffield Utd, and really we deserved the win at Bramall Lane of any of the two teams. Sadly though they nicked a stoppage time winner, but we were happy to take home a big chunk of gate money...

The J-Paint is where we actually had some success - perhaps getting a first round bye gave our players a boost? We had Millwall visit in round 2, at the time on a 10-match winning streak (well, 11 if you include their winning start in the J-Paint first round). The score? A resounding 3-0 crushing, David Reid would go on to have a pretty poor season in the league but he was on fire in the cup with a hat-trick! The great J-Paint form continued against an underachieving Swindon, at that time in the relegation zone. Again, a mix of reserves and main players dispatched them 3-0, with Reid topping the scorers charts with 4 goals in total. Bournemouth were next in the semi-finals -they would go on to be promoted from League One in the play-offs, they were just too strong, winning 2-0 on their patch. Still, this was a nice little run and hopefully it can translate into other competitions next year.

Squad

We made a couple of changes, releasing players not good enough for the football league, and finally being able to bring in some decent loanees! The only real transfer flop with Vidal - signed in a bit of a panic to ensure I had back-up for Brister, in the end Birchall deputised whenever Brister wasn't available to good effect. Everyone else was crucial, especially Curran who joined during an injury crisis and is set to be our main CM next season. Oh, and how could I forget Jake Jervis? Young Jake had scored 14 in two seasons for Cambridge, and started poorly here. He suddenly struck form with 9 in 6, then went on to hit a further 17 goals in the league to finish as the League Two Player of the Year! He also made Team of the Year, along with the solid Ekangamene (I don't think he was that great! Seeing as I dropped him for a spell) and the excellent Chappell (he really stood out at CB). It was a great squad effort overall to get promotion, pretty much everyone bar back-up keeper East got a nice bit of game-time, mainly due to a few injury crises (ESPECIALLY at CM, where I had 4 out at one point). There will be changes of course - most appearance man Davenport will be off, along with Vidal and perhaps even Brister. The rest will stay as with the loanees gone we won't have the deepest squad...

Since I can't think of another category to fit this in, I won Manager of the Year for my troubles. Booyah.

Key Players

Jake Jervis - A fantastic season for a man who had never had a prolific year before. Lets hope he can adjust to League One!

Bradley Chappell - Really took to League Two well, a great leader at the back.

Ronnie McAuley - Ronnie struggled at first to impact as well as he had in the BSP, but came on from October onward and was a star partner for Jervis.

Ryan Plowright - Ryan had another great year, his stamina is just fantastic. Always available and chipping in with assists, I hope he can step up too!

Next Season

Staying up is the obvious aim. Having a lot more trouble tempting new signings to the squad thus far, I've struggled to attract big new players, especially in midfield where I think we need a refresher. The loan market may need to bail me out again, but with increased revenue flows in this division it should halt the losses we had last year.

|Season  | League                  | Position | Cups and Other Notables                                   |
|2013/14 | Blue Square Bet South   | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 4th Qual Rd, FA Trophy 1st Round        |
|2014/15 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 4th      | Lost Play-Off Final, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round|
|2015/16 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round          |
|2016/17 | League Two              | 1st      | Champions; J-Paint Semis, FA Cup & Carling Cup 1st Round  |

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2060/61

We have been dominating the Premier League and Champions League recently, so our major challenge was to improve the fringe players enough to be able to win the minor cups as well.

League Table

We didn't hit top spot until the 30th game, but once there we pulled away thanks to the game in hand we had.

Community Shield - a battering.

UEFA Super Cup - feels weird playing Lincoln in this.

FIFA Club World Cup - it took a while, but we finally made the breakthrough.

Capital One Cup - a complete set of wins, mostly done with the squad players. The final was a bit closer than expected.

FA Cup - just one minor slip up, but not enough to stop us making our way to the final, which we won.

UEFA Champions League - we lost it a bit once we had qualified from the group, but some big wins saw us thought the knockout rounds. The final was one sided, but it took us ages to score and get our fifth win in a row.

Transfers - very little action as a few squad players were sold.

Squad - the wings are the weakest positions, but this squad is immense.

Finances - a solid season for the finances, despite a few expensive contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - wasn't quite as good as last season, but still amazing.

Ricardo Rincón - an amazing goal return for the supporting striker.

Jordan Brady - I was thinking of selling him, but he's scored when needed.

Shane Rofe - long term replacement for David Speed.

Nicolai Clausen - a great right back.

Career Overview

2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We achieved the perfect season in terms of trophies, so all we can do is hope to repeat that. When to start dropping Speed/Bakker is going to be my next big decision.

I saved the game where Frickley got promoted and today i decided to start with them, since I still haven't seen Enfield promoted.

Where can I find logos for the clubs getting promoted and in the lower leagues? I tried downloading a mega-pack. But it was only some of the Blue Square South/North teams, which had some.

Here is the new manager The Blues.

Yeah.. That didn't went too well.. I just got fired in january.

EDIT:

Does anyone have a savegame with Enfield promoted?

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2061/62

Last season we won every trophy available, so all I could hope for was a repeat.

League Table

The gap has been extended, although we were a lot worse than last season.

Community Shield - two early goals sealed it in a dull game.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a goalfest.

FIFA Club World Cup - two missed penalties and two goals in a minute, Rincon had an eventful match.

Capital One Cup - it wasn't a convincing run, but we beat some good teams. The final was easy enough.

FA Cup - for some reason we were terrible away from home, but we still made our way to another win.

UEFA Champions League - an unbeaten run, with a dramatic comeback in the final.

Transfers - just one signing, in preparation of replacing an older player in Bakker.

Squad - it is tough to improve this squad, but we are still getting youth products who are making it.

Finances - not really sure how we made this loss, it can only be because we didn't sell any players.

Key Player Profiles:

Jordan Brady - with Slowe injured for a lot of the season, he took his chance to shine.

Joe Slowe - did well, but had a terrible time with injuries.

John Bakker - a legend at the club, but I'm thinking of letting him go to let someone younger take his place.

Isaac - good enough to fill Bakker's boots.

Santiago Parisi - rarely gets mentioned, but he's a quality keeper.

Career Overview

2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We did it again, so now might be the time to move on the older players and let the youngsters step into the first team.

After leaving Manchester City in the summer of 2017, Jack Rodwell gained surprisingly little interest. A few small teams chased him, but Jack wasn't interested. However, come March 2018, now aged 27, the 5-time England international finally decided to give in, and sign one of those deals on offer.

2013-06-01_00001_zps32fd2b8b.jpg

For the manager of League One Canvey Island, it was a pretty brilliant day!

Archived