dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2028-29 - Barclays Premier League

Another clean sweep that was more rewarding than last season given the sales of some of the older players who were the corner stones of our rise to dominance. It was pleasing to see the youngster filling the squad roles and the squad players stepping up to take leading roles.

Man City chased us all season and got themselves a points total that would have won the league in most years. I've only beaten thier 94 points total twice (this season included) and I've won the league with 94 points 3 times.

League Table | Progress Chart

Capital One Cup - Fairly comfortable all the way.

The FA Cup - Comfortable all the way.

Champions League - Difficult ties provided by Bayern Munich and Barcelona. We had to make things difficult for ourselves in the final by getting a man sent off in the 25th min.

World Club Cup Our mid-winter holiday to Mexico, wonder where it'll be next year?

A good year all round apart from injuries exposing some areas that need strengthening.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Sergio Nadiradze Another good season from our superstar, played more and more in the middle with Foglia coming into his own on the right hand side.

Gil Our leading goalscorer again. Did suffer a dip in form midway through the year but came good again at the business end of the season.

Danilo Foglia The heir apparent for Nadiradze's right wing spot and source of creativity and goals.

Michael Hill A breakthrough year for the young forward. A busy player always looking to get involved in the game, reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney in some ways.

History

Season    League                    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square North         2nd        Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15   Blue Square Premier       15th       Survival
2015/16   Blue Square Premier       5th        Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17   Npower League Two         4th        Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18   Npower League One         4th        Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup Finalists
2018/19   Npower Championsip        3rd        Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League   14th       Survival
2020/21   Barclays Premier League   11th       
2021/22   Barclays Premier League   5th        FA Cup Finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Finalists
2023/24   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League   1st        Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League   1st        Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League   1st        FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners

Our youngsters did well and will hopefully continue to develop. Will with sadness look to move Sergo Nadiradze on this summer unless he'll negotiate a contract with a lower wage.

Last summer I also took over as Brazil national coach (and rejected World Cup winning England) and so far only played friendlies but this summer is the Copa America. Hopefully I'll be able to add this to my African Cup of Nations medal.

Also, thinking of my plans for FM14....I want a long term game that might even keep my interest through to release of FM16 let alone 15, and I feel I have unfinished business with Harrow Borough. I assume there will be a thread again next year? And you will be playing, I hope? Always better when you do!

Dafuge...even by your standards, you have had an insanely successful (and long) game this year. Does it not get boring after almost half a century of winning everything?!

No, as I usually have long term targets to aim for (like the new stadium or the career of my son). If that fails, just buying and selling players is enough to keep me going.

Whitby Town

Season 2025/26 - Championship - 1st

utvb.png

Following last seasons relegation we bounced back in style finishing as champions with a hefty 111 points. I managed to keep the team together with only one serious departure and the team was comfortably strong enough for the Championship. The current team is strong enough to stay up so I am going to invest transfer funds in a couple of marquee signings. I am going to lean towards young English players who I can develop into the first team.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup

Club Overview

Finances Down from £32m to £6m in one season. Hopefully will be bolstered with player sales.

Club Reputation

Facilities

Key Players

GK - Adrian Giminez - Argentine Goalkeeper. Possibly not good enough for the higher level.

LB - Barrie Grandison - 22 year old English left back and captain of the team. Rewarded for a fine season with a call up to the preliminary World Cup squad.

CB - Tomas Carrizo - Argentine u20 centre-back. Signed from River Plate two years ago and has been the lynch pin at the back.

CB - Ronald - Brazilian centre-back. Promising but may not be up to the premiership. Signed from Botafogo for £5.5m at the beginning of this season.

RB - Javier - The longest serving player at three seasons. Brazilian right back.

LW - Ruslan Protasov - The 21 year old was the only major signing this season for £12.5m from Rubin. He picked up the Championship player of the year.

CM - Christopher Powlay - England international Midfield General. Was signed in the January of the relegation season to add steel to the midfield.

CM - Fabian Acuna - Gritty young Argentinian Midfielder. Subject of a £27m bid from Porto.

RW - Christian Ricci - Argentine winger was out of his depth two years ago in the premiership. Following a good promotion season time will tell if he's up to the job now.

ST - Rory Quaye - English Striker broke into the international side during this season despite playing in the second tier.

ST - *Ivan Parra* - The star player. Colombian playmaker turned striker. Scored 26 league goals in 36 games and contributed 18 assists.

Im leaning towards doing the big club, small country combined with this challenge in FM14....I assume, Dafuge, you have no problem with creating a Guatemalan manager and becoming their manager when I earn it?

That's fine, I had a spell as England manager myself within this challenge. The challenge must be completed before you can do that of course.

Deadfncat, what is that skin? I would love that!

Im leaning towards doing the big club, small country combined with this challenge in FM14....I assume, Dafuge, you have no problem with creating a Guatemalan manager and becoming their manager when I earn it?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356061-Bergkamp-s-white-skin-lt-FMKorea-gt

also re: the challenge, would being the manager of some terrible country really affect your stats much?

With the release date of FM14 announced today has anybody put thought into the teams they would like to be next season? I'm struggling to decide between Poole Town and Hungerford Town. I presume the challenge will be up on the first day of the beta like last season?

I presume the challenge will be up on the first day of the beta like last season?

Provided I have the game (and the time) then it should be :thup:

As for changing the rules for international teams, I'm not planning on making any changes to the original rules (created in 2007!) unless the new features require it.

Also - those who started last year when the Beta came out - did you find that this was OK? My instinct is that Im not sure about starting a save when the game could still change a fair bit, but I want to start with everyone else, really. Ooooh the decisions, this is both the best time of year and the worst!

Whitby Town

Season 2026/27 - Premier League - 6th

utvb.png

A very promising first season back in the Premier League. Sixth place is enough to qualify the team for the Europa League. I am moving the team towards being based around English players with occasional foreign Marquee players. Currently only the Goalkeeper and Centre-Backs are not English and the keeper only in lieu of the impending arrival of 19 year old Simon Gill who already looks set to by England's no.1 (mainly due to lack of competition, his main rivals are 34 year old Jack Butland and Conor Toth who was my reserve keeper a year ago but is now first choice at Fulham).

At the start of the season I decided to gamble on selling the core of the promotion winning team. They brought in a staggering £95 million, the majority from the £46.5m sale of Ivan Parra to Manchester United and £31.5m for Fabian Acuna to Benfica. I re-invested this in two quality centre-backs which can be a crucial position. Nikola Bule and Ramon Andino joined for a combined £23m from Arsenal and Rangers respectively. Completing the re-building of the defence was the signing of English left back Mike Hutchinson from Arsenal where he was the transfer list for £9m. His arrival meant that Barrie Grandison moved into the midfield slot vacated by Acuna alongside Christopher Powlay who stayed on from the previous year. They were joined by Diego Lanzini in goal, a free transfer from Velez that had been agreed the previous January. In attack I replaced Ivan Parra with Mark Brent from Southampton for £15m.

The season started very strongly with four wins from four games including an 8-3 victory over Liverpool and 2-0 win over Man City. 17 year old Karimm Mortimer scored 8 goals in the first 3 games (5 against Liverpool). A number of signings in January de-stabilised the team a little but never threatened a top half finish, in the end we rallied in the run in and secured a sixth place finish. The transfers in January further increased the indigenous nature of the team. Two attacking midfielders, Andy Mason and Mark McCarthy arrived who I deamed could be converted to fill the wing positions that I had been struggling with. 17 year old McCarthy in particular looks like a massive star in the making but Mason is a player I had tried to sign on numerous occasions over the past few years. Four years ago a £10m transfer had been agreed for a then 18 year old Mason but I fell short on funds by a couple of million, I was a Championship team at the time.

The team looks strong enough to pull off a similarily strong season. I am looking to move on a few fringe players so might have enough funds to bring in another top player if the right man is available.

Competitions

League Table

FA Cup

League Cup

Club Overview

Finances A healthy £27m in the bank will be reduced considerably by the incoming signings of Gill and Lewis but player sales should mitigate this.

Club Reputation

Facilities Another expansion to the stadium will bring the capacity up to 26,000.

Key Players

GK - - Young Argentinian Goalkeeper had a great season but will lose his place to the arrival of Simon Gill. Might bring in a good transfer fee.

LB - Mike Hutchinson - Joined from Arsenal for £9m in pre-season. England international unlikely to add many caps due to the presence of Man U's captain Shaun Hill in the England side.

CB - Nikola Bule - Croatian Centre-Back had a good season. Signed last July for £13m from Arsenal.

CB - Ramon Andino - Honduran Centre-Back was fantastic this season but ironically isn't always first choice for his nation. Cost £10m from Rangers.

RB - Troy Nkumu - English full back signed in January from Fulham for £5m. One of the weaker players could be replaced.

LW - Mark McCarthy - Future star currently re-training from attacking midfield to left wing. Costy £16.25m from Norwich in January.

CM - Stephen Blande - England international midfielder rejected a free transfer in July following his release from Arsenal. Finally cost me £7.5m in January from Stoke.

CM - Barrie Grandison - The longest serving first team player converted from full-back to central midfield this season.

RW - Andy Mason - Another attacking midfielder re-trainign for a wing position. Signed from Chelsea in January for £6.5m.

ST - Karimm Mortimer - Promising England u19 striker added 20 Premier League goals to his 11 Championship goals in the second half of the previous season.

ST - Mark Brent - Pacy England international striker scored 18 Premier League goals following his £15m move from Southampton in July.

Pending Transfers

Simon Gill - England's future no.1 will sign from Tottenham for £12m following his reasonably successful loan spell with Hull City.

Andrew Lewis - English u21 striker will add competition to Mortimer and Brent. Incoming from Southampton for £7.5m.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2081/82

We are dominating the trophies once again, although we have had a tendency to lose matches when resting players which has cost us in the smaller cups.

League Table

An improvement on the points total of last season, which is putting us closer to that 100 points target.

Community Shield - a one sided start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - this was a goal fest.

FIFA Club World Cup - revenge for our defeat of two seasons ago.

Capital One Cup - Liverpool ran us close, but we made it to another final.

FA Cup - we lost out on penalties in the semi final.

UEFA Champions League - this was the highlight as we made another final.

Transfers - not a lot of action.

Squad - the current crop of youngsters don't look great, but the squad is due a bit of reshaping.

Finances - another reasonable profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Sami El Taourghi - an outstanding season saw a record number of goals.

Robert Ozimec - another decent season, but he is likely to leave as his contract expires next year.

Tommy Hay - another key player who is likely to be leaving for the same reasons as Ozimec.

Dahi Matthews - solid as ever.

Joe fuge - the usual story, but he's still here.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Capital One Cup finalists
2077/78   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2079/80   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2080/81   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2081/82   Barclays Premier League  1st         Nextgen Series, CWC, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The potential changes to the squad might mean next season is a tough one as I try to bring through a few younger players.

Anyone know which new teams might be available for this challenge in FM14??

These are the teams that will be available for FM2014, assuming I didn't make a mess of the copying and pasting :

A.F.C. Fylde

A.F.C. Totton

AFC Hornchurch

Arlesey Town

Ashton United

Banbury United

Barwell

Bashley

Bedford Town

Bideford

Biggleswade Town

Billericay Town

Blyth Spartans

Bognor Regis Town

Burnham

Bury Town

Buxton

Cambridge City

Canvey Island

Carshalton Athletic

Chesham United

Chippenham Town

Chorley

Corby Town

Cray Wanderers

Droylsden

Dulwich Hamlet

East Thurrock United

Enfield Town

F.C. United of Manchester

Frickley Athletic

Frome Town

Grantham Town

Grays Athletic

Hampton & Richmond

Harrow Borough

Hemel Hempstead Town

Hendon

Hinckley United

Hitchin Town

Hungerford Town

Ilkeston

King's Lynn Town

Kingstonian

Leiston

Lewes

Lowestoft Town

Maidstone United

Margate

Marine

Matlock Town

Metropolitan Police

Nantwich Town

Poole Town

Redditch United

Rushall Olympic

Skelmersdale United

St Albans City

St Neots Town

Stafford Rangers

Stamford

Stocksbridge Park Steels

Stourbridge

Thamesmead Town

Trafford

Truro City

Wealdstone

Weymouth

Whitby Town

Wingate & Finchley

Witton Albion

Worksop Town

...and the new boys to the challenge are listed below

Biggleswade Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Billericay Town - Relegated from Conference South

Burnham - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Corby Town - Relegated from Conference North

Droylsden - Relegated from Conference North

Dulwich Hamlet - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Grays Athletic - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Hinckley United - Relegated from Conference North

Hungerford Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

King's Lynn Town - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Maidstone United - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Poole Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Skelmersdale United - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Stamford - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Thamesmead Town - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Trafford - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Truro City - Relegated from Conference South

...and the new boys to the challenge are listed below

Biggleswade Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Billericay Town - Relegated from Conference South

Burnham - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Corby Town - Relegated from Conference North

Droylsden - Relegated from Conference North

Dulwich Hamlet - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Grays Athletic - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Hinckley United - Relegated from Conference North

Hungerford Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

King's Lynn Town - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Maidstone United - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Poole Town - Promoted from Souther League Division One

Skelmersdale United - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Stamford - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Thamesmead Town - Promoted from Isthmian League One

Trafford - Promoted from Northern Premier League Division One

Truro City - Relegated from Conference South

Yep they have increased all three leagues by 2 teams

Realistically it makes no difference. No way you are going to get any of the teams newly promoted to the 3 feeder leagues going up after one year. It will be Harrow for me again, if I go with this challenge.

Copy Paste from Steam chat, the chances of getting the bottom leagues are pretty low, but there might be a better chance of the other teams....say Met Police? ;)

Realistically it makes no difference. No way you are going to get any of the teams newly promoted to the 3 feeder leagues going up after one year. It will be Harrow for me again, if I go with this challenge.

It's not always the case that the newly promoted sides have low reputations though. AFC Fylde, Whitehawk and Kendall Town this year were newly promoted but had fairly high reputations. I'd love to see Biggleswade Town as a realistic possibility for next year but I think it would take re-loading until FM2015 for that one to come up :)

Aaaanyway....think I will be doing this challenge this year. Tried working in the French lower leagues for a few months and it got a bit boring. If Daf really wont let me manage a nation as tiny as Guatemala, I'll just have to wait till I finally complete the challenge before I start making Guatemala great!

Whitby Town

Season 2027/28 - Premier League - 8th

utvb.png

Another solid season in the league was outmatched by our cup performance. The League Cup and Europa League (at the first attempt) were both won with final victories over Manchester United. In fairness the draws in Europe were kind, although in the home leg of the Semi Final against Fenerbache we ended up down to 9 men after 24 minutes and looked in big trouble, we still managed a draw and thrashed them in Istanbul.

I am now decidedly building the team around English players. Seven of the first Eleven are aged under 21 and English one 16 year old and a 17 year old in there as well. The star is Mark Brent but I am going to see what fee I can pick up for him, anything over £40m I would take as I have a couple of very good young players waiting to take his place.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup Victories against Arsenal and Man U in the League Cup went along way towards lifting the trophy.

League Cup Final

Europa League Some kind draws along the way but a fantastic result non the less.

Europa League Final A 2-2 draw followed by penalties saw us lift the Europa League. Any win against Man U is a result.

Club Overview

Finances

Club Reputation

Facilities

Key Players

GK - Simon Gill - Lost his place in the England team to Jack Butland but his time will come.

LB - - England left back added only a single cap this season but has been solid for us.

CB - Kyle James - 18 year old Midfielder converting to centre back where his aerial ability will come in handy.

CB - Ramon Andino - Honduran Centre-Back had another quality season but may well be sacrificed as one of the clubs most saleable assets.

RB - Giannos Charalabous - A solid season for the England u21 right back.

LW - Micky Newton - 16 year old left winger signed from Man City for £6.75 in January.

CM - Stephen Blande - England international adds bite to the midfield.

CM - Dominic Bartlett -England international was the summers marquee signing at £16.25m from Stoke.

RW - Mark McCarthy - 18 year old midfielder was being re-trained for the left wing last season but was switched to re-training for the right after the signing of Newton.

ST - Karimm Mortimer - Another good season for 'the next Michael Owen'

ST - Mark Brent - The star of the team but may be sacrificed for the transfer funds. Won the 2027 European Golden Boy.

Whitby Town

Season 2028/29 - Premier League - 8th

utvb.png

Almost a carbon copy of last season, except that this year we lost in the semis of the Europa League to Barcelona (perhaps unluckily) and the final of the league cup to Man U (who we beat in last years final). This was a bit of a transitional season though, star players Grandison, Andino and Mark Brent were sold for a combined £75m with no real first team reinforcements until January. Instead they were replaced with young players who I already had on the books. In January I invested the funds I had available in £50m worth of young English talent, Carlton Douglas and Anthony Hockton arrived from Spurs with Jay Mangan from Liverpool and Declan Bennett from Man United. All cost between £11m and £13m. Douglas and Mangan went straight into the first team while Hockton and Bennett provided backup to the strikers. This means that now my entire first team are English and only two over the age of 21. The plan is to develop players and sell one player a season at a massive profit.

Right Winger Mark McCarthy enjoyed a dream season. He went straight into the England team for Euro 2008 where he played six games in an attacking midfield position scoring five goals. He got into the team of the tournament and in December won the European Golden Boy award. This was the third straight Golden Boy award for my players following Karimm Mortimer and Mark Brent the previous years. I am viewing McCarthy as unsellable however, unlike the other two. He looks like he could develop into one of the best players in the world.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup Defeated in the final by Manchester United.

Europa League A two goal head start against Barcelona from the home leg wasn't enough to get past the semis.

Club Overview

Finances

Club Reputation

Facilities

Key Players

GK - Simon Gill -A good season for club and country. Now established as England's no. 1

LB - Mike Hutchinson - Another good season for the England international ex-Arsenal left back.

CB - Kyle James - 19 year old Ex-Arsenal centre-back developing very well. An England cap can't be far away.

CB - Jay Mangan - 19 year old centre-back signed from Liverpool for £13m to partner James at the back.

RB - Giannos Charalabous - Right back signed from Middlesbrough 2 seasons ago now starting to look the finished article.

LW - *Micky Newton* - 19 year old looking a massive star in the making. Started the season scoring 5 goals for England at Euro 28, voted into the team of the tournament and picked up the European Golden Boy award.

CM - Stephen Blande - Establised midfielder and captain. Had a quality season averaging 7.42.

CM - Carlton Douglas - Signed for £12.5m from Spurs and went straight into the first team. Replaces England first choice midfielder Dominic Bartlett who I am expecting to sell this summer.

RW - Mark McCarthy - 17 year old developing well having re-trained to his left wing position now.

ST - Karimm Mortimer - Scored 30 goals but may be sacrificed if I can get a decent fee for him. Not likely to become the world beater I want upfront.

ST - Doug McKenna - Promising striker developed well this season but only contributed 7 Premier League goals.

Future Stars

[/url]Robbie Jameson - Might be the player to partner McKenna upfront next season. Signed at the start of the season for £4m from Chelsea and is starting to look like a goal scorer.

Anthony Hockton - May not ever be first choice but will be a good squad player. Arrived in January for £11.25m from Tottenham.

Declan Bennett - Signed in January for £12m from Man U. Promising player but maybe not quite enough to ever be first choice.

Laurie Youngs - Played 24 games at the age of 16. Covers on either wing. £5m signing from Man U at the season start.

Rory Finn - Coming in from West Ham for £10m. Will add competition in midfield and should develop to be a key player.

Archived