Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two saves from Borini. Good save from a header and that's about it?
Two simple saves from Shelvey shots; one inside the box and one outside.

Decent performance, but just too profligate in front of goal. Guess I'll be saying that a few times more this season.

I knew as soon as Bramble came on you'd equalise :D

Am very pleased with the result as you outplayed us (clearly) I think we pressed well enough and Lee Cattermole had a good game without making a foul (I know this because a foul = yellow for Lee).

Sterling looked very good although Rose seemed a bit suspect. I think Skrtel is a liability for you lot - does he have to try and get in front of the man every time? And what he was doing for Fletcher's goal I have no idea.

In all I am happy with our start to season - unbeaten against Arsenal and Swansea away and Liverpool at home. Expect us to be more attacking once Johnson is back and we are playing against a weaker team.

Pepe with more poor goalkeeping for the goal? Shouldn't have come out, should he?

I dont think you can blame him for trying to cut out the cross. The blame should be put on players prior to that.

Oh yes - one more thing... why isn't Enrique starting for you? I know G Johnson had a good attempt cutting inside but I almost feel like Gardner (who had a great game) had a pretty easy time of it because both your left sided players (in first half0 were coming inside and running straight into our centre midfielders. Just weird tactics.

I dont think you can blame him for trying to cut out the cross. The blame should be put on players prior to that.

Yeah ofc, not entirely to blame, if any blame at all. Just wanted some other opinions on it as I'm not sure myself.

enrique's been shocking on quite a few occasions and i dont think rodgers fancies him that much tbh.

however kelly been pretty bad too this season and i agree with you about skrtel, not half the player he was last season and was gonna post in the middle of the match we should look for replacements for both of them in the long run.

Enrique and Johnson as fullbacks are still our best option though. We lose out a lot going forwards by having Johnson left side, especially first half today when he had Suarez in front of him too. We were basically using 2/3rds of the width of the pitch and never using the space outside. If he had a naturally left sided player ahead of him it wouldn't be so bad, like the 2nd half when Downing came on.

Archived