The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAF needs to make a call. Rooney CANNOT be taking penalties for us. Shootouts okay, fine, but NOT as the standard kicker for us. He misses close to 50% ffs. Nowhere near good enough. If DDG had taken them all this time, I'm sure he would have scored more often.

Every time he steps up, I'm nervous. That is not a sign of a good penalty taker. If it was Robin, I'd be shocked if he missed (I sure was when he did), Rooney it's just "Oh, again eh?"

Knew he'd miss that for some reason, could see it a mile off.

Maybe because of his amazingly bad record?

SAF needs to make a call. Rooney CANNOT be taking penalties for us. Shootouts okay, fine, but NOT as the standard kicker for us. He misses close to 50% ffs. Nowhere near good enough. If DDG had taken them all this time, I'm sure he would have scored more often.

A blindfolded fan would score about the same amount, I'll claim in a moment of exaggeration

From Gill. Zaha has supposedly told 'friends' that the move is close to being completed.

I always find such "news" amusing. Either all celebrities of this or that kind have the worst and least loyal friends in history, or the papers are writing such BS as a faux "source". I certainly know where I would place my bet...

Having said that, we are obviously interested in the guy given Gill's comment, though I don't really think we want to bring him in now. If our hand is forced I can see we secure him now and "loan" him back for the season, but don't think he will arrive here in January in any case.

Thankfully we won, and we had complete control the whole time tbh, but not the most interesting match I've seen.

Positives are run outs for Nani, Rooney and Anderson. Great performance from Giggs and thought Jones showed signs of great play although sometimes he does a headless chicken impresson.

Most disappointing was the performances of Nani, Valencia and Rooney - 3 players who are capable of so much better with the ball.

Glad to go through but that was dire. The pitch looked awful, ball bobbling around like crazy

Yeah, didn't look to have held up to the weather too well. Seemed to really restrict a lot of dribbling (Giggs apart, naturally) and some of the short passing game at times.

Magnificent from Giggs, hope he's trying to earn a new contract rather than this just happening to be a flicker of form before months of dross again. Valencia much improved in the second half - actually ran at his man and got off a couple of crosses that hit the right side of the far post. Jones, Anderson and to a slightly lesser extent Nani coming out of the game with a fair bit of credit too. We're getting dangerously close to a clean bill of health now...

I always find such "news" amusing. Either all celebrities of this or that kind have the worst and least loyal friends in history, or the papers are writing such BS as a faux "source". I certainly know where I would place my bet...

My favourite is when there have been SECRET talks or meetings... not really that ****ing secret when they're splashed over the back pages of a tabloid.

From when Ronaldo left until the end of last season Rooney scored 13/15 btw (87%), it's just a rough patch.

Torres is just having a rough patch in front of goal.

Does that sound familiar? Shall we give Rooney a couple of years of this ****? Nah, we find someone (RvP, why not) who isn't missing them and let them take them. Either they do better (hard to see them not doing better) or we go back to Rooney and just admit defeat. We don't only have Giggs and RvP fwiw, we have a whole squad of professional football players. If other teams can manage to get someone consistently scoring the easiest chances you can get, then I'm quite sure we can too.

Torres is just having a rough patch in front of goal.

Does that sound familiar? Shall we give Rooney a couple of years of this ****? Nah, we find someone (RvP, why not) who isn't missing them and let them take them. Either they do better (hard to see them not doing better) or we go back to Rooney and just admit defeat. We don't only have Giggs and RvP fwiw, we have a whole squad of professional football players. If other teams can manage to get someone consistently scoring the easiest chances you can get, then I'm quite sure we can too.

Don't try and play the Torres card, it's not a good look for you :D

HA, ITV saying Rafa's 'handball' should have been a pen :D

Most disappointing was the performances of Nani, Valencia and Rooney - 3 players who are capable of so much better with the ball.

Thought Nani did alright really, especially considering he's been out for two months. Fair enough to say that Valencia is capable of better but he showed more in that second half than he has for ages.

Rooney fair enough mind.

My favourite is when there have been SECRET talks or meetings... not really that ****ing secret when they're splashed over the back pages of a tabloid.

:D

I love those too. Highly secret meetings, so secret that the press was apparently invited. They must think we're butt stupid. Probably true for a lot of their readers tbh, given the filth they write most of the time, but still :lol:

Glad to go through but that was dire. The pitch looked awful, ball bobbling around like crazy

Pitch didn't look good, but I hope it holds up okay for a few more months, and should recover a bit when the sun starts shining more often. In any case, it has been decided to re-lay it at the end of the season. Think it said it's been 6 years since the last time.

Just to add to the penalty debate - we need to sign Rickie Lambert 31 from 31. Imagine scoring penalties!!!

Edit: RVP is 19 from 24 (Just over 79%). Lampard - 95% (maybe why he might be coming our way at the end of the season..?) Ronaldo has 94% btw.

thought it was less than that, like 4-5?

ferguson was at malaga vs barca tonight apparently. isco...

Err, fairly convinced I saw him in the dugout!

Think I heard 6 years, but certainly don't think it's been 10. Feels like only yesteryear we were laying a new pitch almost every season, doubt it's been 10 years already.

Season? Year? You know what I mean, the time Valencia has been a liability for.

We've won every game he's missed in if twitter is to be believed anyway, dunno why you're moaning!

Seeing as how I know you are at least moderately intelligent I'm going to assume this is some sort of wind up :D

Archived