What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I've seen it mentioned in different capacities on here but player form should have a bigger impact on the game.

A) When a player is in great form, like if a striker scores over 20 goals in a season he should be sought after by other clubs and his value should significantly increase. There have been several occasions when I've signed a striker for free or on the cheap who's gone on to score over 20 goals in a season and their value stays and they don't attract any interest. I had a player in the conference score something like 25 goals in a season and his value was still only £500, whilst in the Premier League I signed a striker on pre-contract for Reading who scored over 20 goals in his first season and his value stayed at £2 million and only attracted interest from Norwich. It shouldn't matter that a player doesn't have great attributes as anyone who scores goals will be hot property.

B) Whenever I leave a club for a new job I like to monitor how that team does without me. Often the players who have been brilliant for me end up transfer listed, in the reserves or being played out of position. I know this does happen as managers have their own ideas on players, formations, tactics ect. but far too often a striker who scored loads of goals ends up being played on the right wing and a left-back who won player of the year the season before ends up being transfer listed. Again, just because a player doesn't have great attributes the game kind of ignores them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read all the suggestions but here are some improvements that i think is needed for FM to reach perfection.

- It should be a lot harder to keep your best players that has a personality that they want to win titles, glory and maybe earn more cash. Couse now if a player says like; i wanna leave. You can just ignore that and wait 2-3 months and then he will be happy all the sudden. I really think it would be great that you are almost FORCED to give up your players. For example, they won't renew contract with your club ever, They will not perform, the squad harmony might get damaged, etc.

- Regen players should be less good, i've seen a 17 year old regen being bought for more than 20£m.

- AI should be smarter when they buy players, it feels like players with high value is targeted by bigger clubs. Performance should have a bigger deal in value i believe.

- When a club places a bid on a player and it gets accepted all other clubs can see exactly how much the bid was and can just make an exact same bid, it would be A LOT better if the only thing you saw was like: Ajax has made a bid on "Player you scout". Let's say Ajax placed a 4m£ bid on a player and Manchester city wants that player aswell! Of course this club who sells will try to get more cash from man city instead of just accepting the same bid.

News papers could have rumours about the price tag but that's enough i believe. "Ajax has made a 11m£ bid on player" Instead of the correct 4m£. It will be more interesting when you are in the transfer window!:)

Having ball boys in the game so I don't have to watch players run around for the ball, maybe a page that shows you out of all your new signings/whole squad who had the highest shirt sales that season/all time
absolutely yes

I have been playing FM since Championship Manager 04 and massive improvements have been made to different aspects of the game but still I have some suggestions. I believe most of them were actually posted here but it's too hard to read all these pages.

1. A massive please to change the transfer activity for clubs. So much has been said about this... If big clubs tend to sign good players from time to time then clubs from weaker countries are struggling with this. i have mentioned about this when FM13 was being developed but nothing actually changed. Let's look at some examples, shall we? I will be looking at ukrainian clubs as i am from Ukraine myself.

• Shakhtar Donetsk. The big Brazilian spenders who love to sign young and potential stars from Brazil. Season 1 - no signings at all. Season 2 - 1 Ukrainian signing. Season 3 - no signings. Season 4 - a Greek, a Frenchman and a Ukrainian for 26m in total (sounds OK). Season 4 - one Brazilian for 20m. This is still by far not the best transfer activity, I will never believe that Shakhtar would not sign anyone throughout a whole season.
  • Dynamo Kyiv. Not the biggest spenders, but still usually have good cash every season. Season 1 - no signings. Season 2 - no signings. Season 3 - two Ukrainian free agents. Season 4 - no signings. Ehm, this is simply impossible and you have to agree with this.
  • Metalist Kharkiv. Loves to sign Argentinians and Brazilians. Season 1 - no signings. Season 2 - 5 signings for almost 15m, but all Ukrainians or Ukraine-born (Vladimir Koman and Nikita Rukavytsya). Season 3 - 4 signings, three of them are Ukrainians. Season 4 - 4 signings, two Brazilians, two Ukrainians. Metalist are probably a more or less normal club with such activity.

No questions towards Metalist, but Shakhtar and especially Dynamo (Kranjcar, Veloso and other stars that were signed last season IRL) - this is not realistic. And this is just an example, I believe such problems can be found in Russia, Belarus and other nations like Ukraine. And remember that these clubs tend to sell their stars for good cash...

------

2. I would like to suggest to the Board where I want to arrange the Training Camp. Or at least the Board should give me a list of suggestions for me to choose from. This would be nice.

3. A "combined" tactics creation. We all remember the old tactics with arrows. Now we have roles and duties. I want to see both at once. Why not draw an arrow for an AML to run to the AMC position? This should not mean Cut inside or Swap position, it should mean a style of movement during attack.

4. A bit more realistic number of goals from woodwork. It seems that only 5% of shots are goals when hitting the post or bar. Or are my players so "lucky"? :)

5. Please, find a creative writer to make some new questions for Conversations, Interviews and other stuff like that :) It shouldn't be that hard.

6. A massive revamp of the "Scouting Next opposition". Chelsea's scouting report on Wigan blew my mind, this is what a Report of my Next Opposition should be from my Scout! You have to agree that such reports can help the Manager choose a perfect squad, not just instructions. If I read that their defenders are fast but have problems with crosses - I will play a tall striker with good heading even if he is my 3rd choice striker in the team. The main idea of such a fantastic detailed report is to use the opponent's weaknesses.

It would be practical to be able to buy multiple players from the same club at once. Like al 'package deal' or something. For example: PSV Eindhoven bought Kevin Strootman and Dries Mertens for € 14 million. That is far more efficient than having to negotiate for every player.

I don't know if this also happens in other leagues, but the asking price of many players in the Dutch Eredivisie is way too high. I wanted to buy Florian Jozefzoon (RKC) during the January transfer window and the club asked for € 14 million!! Another example: Alex Schalk of NAC Breda has an asking price of 8 million euro, but in reality he is for sale at 900.000 euro.

I am in 2027 and the game feels more unrealistic and no connections especially with players. Most real players have been replaced my newgen/regen and the same faces which makes the game cartoonish. Why don't they bring back what they did in older FM where people could contribute with their face pictures and include them as faces of newgen/regens??that made the game more real.

I know that I have asked for this for a couple of years ago. But would be very happy if we could have the opportunity to play the Japanese League, and play the German national team.

And as one other have suggested a virtual trophy room :)

I know that I have asked for this for a couple of years ago. But would be very happy if we could have the opportunity to play the Japanese League, and play the German national team.

SI don't have the licences for them as I understand.

SI don't have the licences for them as I understand.

Correct, they do not. I believe Konami have an exclusive license for the Japanese national team and leagues, while EA and Konami have exclusive licenses for the German team/leagues.

Hi guys..

im a bit drunk after 9 heinekens following the UCL finals..

kinda peeved robben got the final say there. damnnn.

BVB shoulda used their first half chances wayyy better than they did.

anyway ive been thinking bout this for pretty much forever, but never got down to suggesting it.

since each individual alphabet is not used for any hotkey.. why not programme it such that once user types in something, it automatically goes to search mode.

i.e.

user types C R I S T I A N O, it automatically enters the alphabets to "search" mode. (Lets call this autosearch)

and this would only work if, the user sets his bookmarks to only all the F(1-9) keys and none of the alphabets.

so the system auto detects if alphabets A-Z has been used as hotkeys. If yes --> autosearch does not work.. If no --> any alphabet A-Z typed will be input into the search mode.

if somehow the user accidentally types A-Z, but does not intend to search for any player/club/etc. no worries he can just continue the game by clicking (continue) or any other button on the page.

autosearch only inputs the alphabets into the search bar. nothing else

i wonder if this would help anything.

sure would make searching for players etc much easier.

cheers!

i've loads of other ideas.. been playing this game since CM italia and roberto baggio and weah were banging in the goals for me. count on me for constructive input (:

I'd like it if the computer had a bit more of a sense of drama when it comes to the end of the season. For example, on the last day of the season when there's 3 or 4 teams fighting for relegation (and you're one of them), it would be good, if there was a goal or incident in one of the other relevant games, if FM could do that thing Sky do where the match you're watching shrinks into the corner and the other game appears. You know what I mean.

Since this is a wish list, I figure I'll put in a wish that'll almost certainly never see the light of day.

My wish is for a standalone game, separate from FM, which has no official licenses at all. The game runs in the same way, but the leagues, teams and players are all fictional. Not as an option, but as an entire standalone game.

At first, there may not seem to be much benefit to this, especially as just a few posts ago in this thread, I was extolling the virtues of how the FM series built its name and reputation off the depth and detail of its database. But think about it. If the game is unlicensed, the "can't be done due to licensing" shackles are removed. Parts of the reality of football which are currently ignored by FM for this reason, such as controversies on and off the pitch, rumours and speculation, financial meltdowns and insolvency- all of these things would suddenly be possible. It would allow a more realistic depiction of being a football manager.

Granted, for some, playing with fictional teams and players would be a non-starter, but many other games, including the TEW series and FML, have shown that there is an audience for fiction- that if done correctly, you can still make people care about Billy McSpud's last-minute winner for AFC Manchester against North Hammersmith Wanderers.

I can but wish.

The game needs some attitude. The look and feel is getting mundane to us older players. It is called Football Manager but there is not much interaction from other managers. The game is more like club management and could benefit from focusing on your career as a manager. So the suggestions are:

1. Pictures of all other managers and give them some personality. Other managers, especially in your league are playing mind games with you, challenging you, critising you (performance, tactics, transfers), befriending you etc. This affects the boards opinion of you, supporters, press, potential transfers, staff and even your own players. For example if Ferguson gives your performance a bagging it will have a heavy influence on the confidence that the board has in you, supporters may call for your sacking etc... but if your club is a rival of the club ferguson is managing it may have the opposite affect. If he endorses you, then the opposite and even players that would not normally join your club might be tempted to come and play for you. Even bigger clubs may want to hire you. You guys can think of more things to evolve this dynamic. You get my drift...manager v manager

2. Reputation of you as a manager is effected by your wins/loses over other managers.

3. The press should make more of a bigger deal about manager v manager rivalry

4. Your progression as a manager should resemble an RPG. The more you win, the more your reputation increases the more influential you become, the more options you have in team speeches, training, press etc...Think RPG and level up tree

3. Press should be in the form of newspapers rather than emails. Think FIFA. This is just cosmetic, but the game needs some refreshing in the cosmetic dep.

4. Even press conference graphics of new signings or some dramas. Even real life photos..again think FIFA presentation

It would be good to add an option in the beginning to be able to select multiple favorite teams, favorite players, and language.

A little work on stadiums and fans that the torch is a great thing but I think I could add something to the example of club flags .. Stadiums little conjugate because almost every look the same.

Restore old training. The new training to Fm 2013 stupid.

Change fitness coach because nowhere in reality does not exist, insert a strength and conditioning coach.

Little work on the 3D camera to look even better and more realistic.

It can be inserted into the instance when fans inflammation flare on the international game to UEFA fining or something .

Finally FOOTBALL MANAGER is the best game in the world.

instead of sacking the current first team manager when you take over a team, he become that manager and his develop his coaching skills. so, I'm massive Blackburn Rovers fan, when I want to be Blackburn Rovers manager I become Gary Bowyer and use his profile and coaching attributes.

But if you want to use your profile then you can.

Another idea I was thinking whether you can start as a youth team manager or reserve team manager and build your reputation that's way. then after a couple of season taking over a league 1 or 2 club like many youth team manager like Bothroyd did at Watford.

instead of sacking the current first team manager when you take over a team, he become that manager and his develop his coaching skills. so, I'm massive Blackburn Rovers fan, when I want to be Blackburn Rovers manager I become Gary Bowyer and use his profile and coaching attributes.

But if you want to use your profile then you can.

Another idea I was thinking whether you can start as a youth team manager or reserve team manager and build your reputation that's way. then after a couple of season taking over a league 1 or 2 club like many youth team manager like Bothroyd did at Watford.

They definitely needs to let you manage youth teams

While I have seen many good suggestions here about different improvements in transfers, press conferences, etc, I still find the match engine to be the biggest factor in the game as it is. In the old days, before I could see what was going on down the pitch, I never had any issue with the match engine. I just accepted the results and moved on. But now I can see what is happening, and when my world class players behave like 5 year old badminton players (as in no interest for football) it irks me to no end.

So...

Get rid of the ridiculous headers. No pressure within half a mile, no world class defender (or any senior player I would think) is going to mindlessly put his head on the ball to get it away. He will control the ball and give it to a team mate. End of discussion.

Ball going out of bounds. Will be our throw. But no, my player hurls himself at the ball, barely touching it, thereby giving away the throw. What gives? Or even worse, my fullback races after a throughball, has complete control and just needs to cover it so it crosses the line. What does he do? He stops the ball on the line and races on so the opposition player following on his heals can just grab it and get a free one on one with my goalie. Professional players usually make good decisions in these cases, in FM, never seen a player cover the ball out for a throw.

Defensive positioning. Throughball on the left, my fullback is tracking back but is late, opposing winger flowing through. My central defender runs a straight line from midfield towards the penalty spot instead of trying to cut the winger off, thereby giving him a free one on one with my keeper. Mind you there are no other opposing players approaching, no choice to be made between covering space for a cross or pressuring the ball. It looks pretty stupid, especially when the defender is much faster than the winger but does not bother him until he is inside the box and it is essentially too late.

My central striker goes deep to get the ball. Loses the ball. Promptly runs into the opposition box instead of trying to win back the ball. Now I realize they can't all be Wayne Rooney and run 70 meters trying to win the ball back, but to turn away from the ball that is 3 feet away to go to your "position" is just ridiculous.

Wingers unable to hug the line even with the tactical instruction and preferred move. And constantly chosing to shoot with the weaker foot. I have seen Ryan Giggs cutting inside from the left and popping of with his right foot more times in the first season of FM13 than he has done in his entire career in real life. It almost never happens. Same with RvP, putting himself in positions where he awkwardly needs to use his right, instead of getting in the position to use his favoured left.

Central strikers unable to score headers. I have tried to make it work with winger and a sizable central striker, but have had to abandon winger alltogether because the winger refuse to hug the line consistently, even with the look for overlap shout and great offensive fullbacks they are not used, so crosses are hard to come by. But the most annoying thing is strikers missing sitters when they get them on the head, while scoring wonder volleys again and again when the crosses come waist height or lower. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were not really considered kings of the air, but with Giggs and Beckham on each wing, they scored loads of goals on headers. Even Messi puts it in the back of the net when he gets a good cross. It is easy. My defenders do it consistently on corners and free kicks. But even big tall world class strikers get one every other year. The only exception is the winger/inside forward coming in to the far post. That header goes in maybe 2-3 times per season...

I realize with the match engine being unable to simulate defensive positioning and decision making, as well as offensive creativity, it is a hard ask. I think if you gave the offensive players the brains and skills of a real life Iniesta or Xavi or Messi, barcelona would win every game 30-0 and if you gave Terry and Vidic and Ashley Cole the real life tactical skills, positioning and decision making, no fm team would ever score against you...

But try to make defenders make good choices, and try to make attacking players look for teammates with space in front of them. It happens in real life, but almost never in FM, even when you play quick attacks with rarely run with ball, etc, etc.

And then there is possession. I play somewhat possession based, the ideal is Bayern Munich of this year. But I still find that sometimes Hull and Stoke dominates possession against me when we play their stadium. Now I know Hull and Stoke can beat us, through committed defending and a bit of luck or mistakes on our part. Maybe even put a few goals past us. But they simply do not have the skill, or the mentality to dominate possession 55+ % against us. But they do sometimes in FM. If a top team has a bad day against a bottom team, they can lose, but they lose because they can't create big enough chances to score, make defensive blunders, not because the bottom team plays circles around them as if they were Barcelona on speed. But the game is not good at simulating the frustrating defensive deadlock that sometimes happen in these games.

And as has been commented before, useful tips about the opposition would be good. Advice on pre match training focus is well and good, but it would be good to know a little more specifics about how to counter threats and exploit weaknesses.

And I wish the game would take the current state of affairs into account when making comments in the press. Like claiming my Southampton are underdogs against Arsenal, when we are fighting for the title, and Arsenal are fighting against relegation for the third year running(this is deep in space 9 now (2021 or so), so don't get your panties in a bunch). Also, comments like I am lucky to win after being cut open numerous times. In a match we were defensively solid, and the opposition had a lot of shots but 0 clear cut chances, and we had 3 and scored the one we needed. It is called a deserved win, although I admit we could be criticized for being negative.

Ok, I am signing off here. But please fix the match engine or I shall be forced to stop watching highlights and that would be like taking a large step back in time...

A small issue that also has to be addressed is fining players. Just played a game where a player got two yellows in the first half an hour. I fine him and he is unhappy, that is ridiculous he should accept it for getting sent off so early. Secondly I think you should be able to speak to players about their disciplinary record if they are accumulating too many yellows, and fine them if it continues. lastly I have had players sent off mainly neymar, and the second yellow has been for a dive. Surely few players are that stupid.

I have found this to be an issue too. When playing as Hartlepool I had a player who was a liability, getting sent off far too often, so I transfer listed him. He said I was being unfair and I then became unpopular with members of the squad. There should be options, something like "Talk to player about poor discipline" and "Warn player he is on his last chance". Otherwise you don't have a way of trying to stop him accumulating cards or getting rid of a player with terrible discipline without seeming harsh.

A perfect speed for watching the game in a realistic manner. Is it just me or in FM13 in the middle the speed of the passing etc is just a little too slow but one click to the right and it's just a little too quick. It's the first FM I just can't find a realistic speed for the match.

I find this too.

Instant result option in the main game - I like all the additional features but I don't have time to watch the game and "challenge" is just a little too basic.

Ability to scout specific roles - Send them around Europe etc. looking specifically for a Poacher

As a one off a legends database - as an anniversary gift for those of us who have been with the game since the beginning.

I would like the option to "sit down" with a player if I get a transfer offer for him and hash out what our response is going to be. Like, lets say, I get an offer from a bigger club that I feel is exceptable and if the player wants to leave, I would reather he leave then stay and get mad at me, but if he is fine with staying I can turn down the offer without worrying about him getting mad. Or maybe he demands a better contract instread of leaving which I can then accept or dicline, maybe tell him I can't meet such demands and if that is what he wants he would be better off leaving, or something. Another instance would be if I get an offer for a solid backup player, I could tell him about the offer, tell him what his role would be with me, that he would not get many first team games execpt in case of injury or suspension and ask if he is okay with that or if he would reather take his changes with a new club. There is a great deal of potential in these types of conversations and it allows for alot greater interaction with the players. Even if do not sit down with the player before accepting or rejecting an offer I would also like to be able to sit down with the player after I make my decision and explain it to him. Maybe the offer was just to good to turn down, or just not high enough so that I could replace him with a player of simular abilities, I view him as indispensable to the club and the future we're building, I just don't see a future for him at the club and so forth. Hope you like this idea.

Being able to start out as a coach or assistant manager, also being able to be employed as a reserves or youth team manager at club level or under 21/19 manager at international level.

Another feature could see a player get injured during a match with a lengthy amount of time lapsing whilst he is being treated resulting in 10 or more minuets of stoppage time. Perhaps also have some games where a spectator runs across the pitch followed by a bunch of stewards. In big cup games and crucial end of season matches where a victory will see you promoted or avoid relegation have pitch invasions at the end of the match.

Increase the number of leagues the that we could manage teams that are not even in the blue square league.

Add the women's game so you could manage Arsenal ladies or England ladies.

When a player has several nationalities, I wish it was possible that as a coach, it is advised that a nation and as a coach you try to convince him to join our country.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French

When a player has several nationalities, I wish it was possible that as a coach, it is advised that a nation and as a coach you try to convince him to join our country.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French

Vous etes sur? Peut-etre que vous prefererez de jouer pour l'Angleterre? :D

Some way of selling your club's ambition to potential new signings, allowing players to drop lower down if they feel your project is worth joining. They could become disenchanted if you under perform during their contract, and ask for a transfer request. This would allow you to sign a coup for the club but with a higher risk.

The ability to advise/suggest a replacement coach/manager/assistant manager/player coming toward the end of their playing carrier for when you retire or move onto another club, you would only be able to do this if you have been at the club for some time and you have been linked to another club.

Being able to start out as a coach or assistant manager, also being able to be employed as a reserves or youth team manager at club level or under 21/19 manager at international level.

Another feature could see a player get injured during a match with a lengthy amount of time lapsing whilst he is being treated resulting in 10 or more minuets of stoppage time. Perhaps also have some games where a spectator runs across the pitch followed by a bunch of stewards. In big cup games and crucial end of season matches where a victory will see you promoted or avoid relegation have pitch invasions at the end of the match.

Increase the number of leagues the that we could manage teams that are not even in the blue square league.

Add the women's game so you could manage Arsenal ladies or England ladies.

I'd love to be able to manage Arsenal ladies but there isn't really enough interest in the womessn game to make it worthwhile for si to do all the research

Here are a few from me

Concerning the MLS

Include the all star games against an European team in the summer and if you are managing a mls team and you are selected as the manager of the mls all star team you'll pick the all stars to play the European team (As is done in real life)

In general

Add the ability to buy a player and loan back to the club for the rest of the season or more, like Zaha with Man U and Crystal Palace or Thauvin with Lille and Bastia.

Better gameplay graphics.

Hi,

Some features I would like:

An overview of players' preferred moves in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

An overview of players' personalities in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

I found it a shame that there was no possibility to create training schedules any more. (Personal preference I guess)

Watch some set piece training to see how your set pieces work out

Deepened characters for players with trouble makers and correcting captains (kompany and ballotelli). (car crash, came out of the club too late, scandals,...) Best only for regens ;)

A possibility to go through your whole calendar and set up events, training etc for the whole season with a possibility to change things when the calendar changes (training, rest days, youth trial day, party, award ceremonies etc)

Some kind of party in the 3D match engine when you win something. its a bit sad to see every one just head towards the showers after you first champions league win.

Some way of selling your club's ambition to potential new signings, allowing players to drop lower down if they feel your project is worth joining.

being able to be employed as a reserves or youth team manager at club level or under 21/19 manager at international level

Match engine see WolverineBrother

More possibilities to sell a good youth player you have developed for more than he is worth. Sturring up some media, trying to make clubs outbid each other

Improve the AI of the clubs in their transfer policy (Dont let them only buy on reputation, but also potential, match performance etc.)

Deepen the possibilities with your head of youthdevelopment

-possible youth camps in different continents

-Let him give tips on how develop youth players

-Let him give guidance to troubled youths (sort of tutoring?)

-get control over your U16 squad/youth development (<16). A lot of players are now lured away from their clubs by promising their parents a job, pre-contracts etc. You could also set up a youth development vision (ticky tacca, physical game, focus on speed, type of formation,...)

Director of football

-Let the board superimpose a director of football on you which makes your transfers

-Have an interview with the board to prove you dont need him or he is crap (Players he has signed which were worse than what was available or too expensive etc)

The board

-Have an interview with the board when you are considered for a job

-Have more interaction possibilities to discuss with the board

Personal traits

-You can do something with your earned money. Now i just make my wage as low as possible to help my finances

-Give the possibility to buy a club and become chairman. You decide to built a new stadium, training facilities,...etc. Can be a fun to develop a club like that and if you screw up you run the club into the ground (and get forced to give up control of the club).

-Get more reaction on your specific traits you develop in the game. Also make those traits important to weither you get hired or not. Good financial control -> Interesting for a club in financial trouble.

-Add a trait for developing young players

-Make reputation less dependent on pure winning but also on the relative success you have with a club

Clubs:

-Improve the reputation calculation. It takes ages to develop a clubs reputation and sometimes a club who has done less gets a higher reputation hike. Make the whole reputation a bit more deepened out and show how you could improve your/your clubs reputation

-Give an idea of the fanbase possibilities of a club.

Interface:

-I am contemplating buying a tablet to play (full!) football manager on. It would be nice the interface could be adapted for it (players dragging to a position is probably hard on a tablet)

-A way to stream your game from one of your computers or a cloud on your tablet

only scouting revamp, nothing else. make scouts make more errors in assesing player PA. make them only be able to asses PA by guessing CA & Stats. Make PA totally hidden, and not so easily viewed in game mechanic. Make scouts only be able to uncover full player attribute screen after tracking him for at least 2-4 weeks.

those simple implementations would make fm two times more realistic and fun without any downside whatsoever

Some features I would like:

An overview of players' preferred moves in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

An overview of players' personalities in the main squad overview (this way i can get an overview of what is available in my squad without having to click on everyone)

Can you not do this already in the 'customise current view' section? Probably not for preferred moves but possibly for personality

1 - You can do something with your earned money. Now i just make my wage as low as possible to help my finances

2 - Give the possibility to buy a club and become chairman. You decide to built a new stadium, training facilities,...etc. Can be a fun to develop a club like that and if you screw up you run the club into the ground (and get forced to give up control of the club).

1 - Wages are more important than that, they affect your job stability and chances of getting other jobs. Pains me when people don't realise that. Don't need to bring in some pathetic sims style fantasy (cars, houses, wife's shoes) to make wages have value when they already do

2 - I do think this sounds enjoyable game mode, but it isn't FM and would take so much extra development that FM should just stick to being FM

Interface:

-I am contemplating buying a tablet to play (full!) football manager on. It would be nice the interface could be adapted for it (players dragging to a position is probably hard on a tablet)

-A way to stream your game from one of your computers or a cloud on your tablet

Also right-clicks would need changed I think? though I have limited knowledge of touch-screens

One thing I'd like is maybe cosmetic but I'd like to see how many away fans go to each game. Think you only get messages if you're playing a lower league side in the cup. It'd be nice to see so if my stadium isn't sold out whether it's my supporters not showing up or say a team hasn't sold their away allocation. Also what my away following is like.

1. Training

a. We should have possibility to trainee a real good player, even if he has not got big PA, but he has got big working, ambition, professionalism, determination, consistency and lack of injury.

2. Scouting

a. Rebuilding scouting system. Scouts shouldn’t know everything about player after one look on him.

b. AI teams shouldn’t know that I am looking at player form the end of a world just after when I started too… Maybe loyalty of scout should be crucial here, if we have got loyal scout he wouldn’t talk with press or other teams about his works for my club?

3. Talks and motivation – bigger influence of a manager on player, team and rival teams and managers.

a. personal talks regarding to positions: For example – I am concerning about lack of assists, as you are a playmaker.

b. Personal talks regarding to personality of a player: f. e. – you should work harder on training, because I see a lot of potential in you, but you are not giving everything (I know that something like this is already in FM, but I couldn’t see influence on player after this talks) or you should be more ambitious to become a star (and if we have big motivation skills player should become more ambitious, or professionalism. Manager is often like a father to young players, and have influence on theirs hidden skills!).

c. Manager should have possibility to reprimand player after bad behavior on match and after. Using direct talk, like I do not like your yellow card in last match.

d. Before match and half brake talks are rubbish – practically we can use only 1-2 talks and play all game…

e. Press conferences are pointless in this form, I am always using same talks, without even reading it… It’s stupid ;)

4. Newbornes

a. They shouldn’t have so much CA at a beginning.

b. They have got too often lack of consistency, big match and a lot of injury, so they never become stars.

5. National teams

a. National team manager should appoint player with best form, not with bigger PA. In FM12 Oxlade is always in National team, but he doesn’t even play in first Arsenal team!

6. Youngsters

a. AI Managers should give chance to play of young players with big potential (like Sterling got one in Liverpool). Instead of their love to sell them for very small money – this is not happening in real life! Or keeping in first team worst player, because they have got such contract rules (like Key player or something…).

b. Bigger flexibility with training of positions. Young player should very easily adapt to new position.

c. Youth Academy – we should have possibility to trainee even 10-13 years old players in academy.

7. Staff

a. We should have possibility to send them to training or something, to develop their skills!

8. Transfers

a. We should have possibility to offer to all interest clubs previous offered offer :D Now when I have 30 clubs interested in loan of my player I need to offer 30 same offers, one after another, manually changing everything in it… It’s pointless and time consuming!

b. AI teams shouldn’t know that I bid a player exactly in time when I did it…

c. AI teams shouldn’t sell so easily their youngsters with big potential! They should love to loan them not to sell for a small money!!

9. Contract

a. More bonuses – like for man of the match, assist, or bonus after great improvement in training.

engineer I like the majority of your points, better than the vast majority of those posted here.

4a and b - The newgens only sometimes have high CA and lacking in the other attributes. I find them to be pretty well spread out, although perhaps better templates could be used. I really do feel that across the whole spectrum there is a better mix than you imply though.

5 - I agree with what you are saying, but you could equally say it about real life too. It is categorically not the case IRL that managers always go for form over ability, even if one could theoretically argue that they should (I have my doubts about a blanket rule though). I don't think that FM managers should always go for form, as IRL managers don't, but perhaps I do agree it could be improved slightly, with different managers doing it differently (if they don't already), and perhaps less managers ignoring form/first team minutes.

7 - can't you already?

Thanks for replay 

AD. 4. It depends. I think that the attributes are from the space. Once we get 15 years old player with CA like 25 years old, and then we have got a rubbish player with 200PA.

Too often we receive players with lack of concentration, consistency and big match – and we don not have much influence in training on those skills!

AD. 5. Of course, but in real life nobody will appoint player who do not play in his team at all. They are taking form, abilities and even character under consider, but form should be main thing.

AD. 7. In FM12 no. In FM13 I do not now. I didn’t bought it, because it’s same as FM12, only database is new for me ;)

Being able to ask/give advice to managers that 'feel that you could become friends'. For instance, if I am playing against Dortmund in the champions league, I could ask Pep Guardiola had he would recommend playing against them. Also so you can give advice to younger managers (maybe your former players) like Ferguson does

I also find that it's impossible to sell squad players, even if they would be leading stars for most PL teams, you just have to loan them out. And just get rid of the 48 months payment, used far too much by AI

Don't get me wrong, this game is the best Football Manager I've ever played. It's more in-depth, and promising. I just really think it loses value because it does not have any sound. The logo introductions don't have sound, and no hover sounds, menu click sounds, etc. I've read your statements on what happened to other versions that did have sound. I knew all the comments people had on repetitive commentary, chants, boos and what not, but with a game like this, I'd like to feel like I'm actually coaching the game, or maybe at least, I would want to feel that I am in the pitch. Sound is really important, again I am saying this is a great game, but I would also like for it to be presented a bit better.

Also, in terms of music, I think that it would also be an awesome thing if you supported some indie bands/musicians instead of licensing some music I've probably heard a very long time ago.

Some other stuff:

1. More realistic sponsors!

2. A public training ground?

3. MORE! League Licenses

4. UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

Hardly any good South Americans coming through in my 15th year of managing in Europe on FM13.

There seems to be a bias towards the good youth prospects coming through in the contintent you've chosen to manage, or is it just me?

That partially depends on the leagues you have active

Improve the training system where you keep the current with the focus but add another tab with a timetable of schedules each day. Perhaps with 1 session in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, a default schedule is set according to the training focus but you can choose to use your customised schedule. For sessions you could put things like fitness, dribbling, practice match, individual and rest. With there being a minimum amount of rests each week. Your assistant can give you feedback on how players performed in different sessions

I'm interested if anybody from SI read all this posts and suggestions?

Do they concerning it?

Replaying to this suggestion? They are thinking about it?

Because that game is for the players, so it would be fun to know that we have got influence on developing new features.

Of course, new features are TOP SECRET (like it would be something incredibly extraordinary to say something ;) ), but do they??

They read this thread constantly but rarely if ever reply in it, partly because as you seem to realise forthcoming features are top secret and they never give clues before the official publicity kicks in.

They do occasionally credit users for suggested features that get taken up but that is rare for fairly obvious reasons.

Great to hear it Kriss :)

I have an idea for training and developing of player.

Maybe we should have less levels of P. Now we have got from "-1" to "-10". Really, is it in real life? In real life you have talent or not. You are worker not not.

Maybe we should have only 2 or maximum 4 levels of PA? And in every level player would have maximum potential.

For example:

"-1" - 0-100, always player have got PA90,

"-2" - 100-140, always player have got PA140,

"-3" - 140-170, always player have got PA170,

"-4" - 170-200, always player have got PA200.

With this model of PA, player talent would be levelled rigidly, but the others skills would determine his development!

If we would do like this, player personality (hidden skills) and mental skills (determination, working and few other) would be much more important at training!

We could have possibility to actually train our potential star, not only wait for random draw!

Manager determination, motivation, talks with player, Psychos and Trainers skills would have much more influence on player.

Archived