One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

It was quite a good youth intake but at the moment Basque and Spanish youngsters are really coming through.

There are 7 players from the Basque region in the Spain u19 team.Also from the u19 team there are the next Xavi (Three of them!),Fernando Hierro,Victor Valdes,Josep Guardiola,Sergio,David Albelda and Diego Lopez

The Spanish u21 team consists of 3 players from the Basque region.As for the touted as the next *insert random name*,there are Fernando Torres,Adier Del Horno,Manuel Alumina,Miguel Angel Nadal,Fran,Juanito and Rafael Gordillo.It also has two wonderkids,one of which is from the Basque region and playing for Athletic Bilbao!

So it will be tough for any Spanish youngster in the future!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is but I have mixed feelings about him.My main aim was to concentrate on bringing Basque youngsters through but I wasn't expecting a foreigner to show up in the youth team!I'll probably feel less guilty in 2420 days time when he can claim Spanish citizenship!

They are great for this level but I feel that over half the ones in my first team would not be able to make the step up to Liga BBVA standard.

Give it a few years then you should start seeing results,we're up to Good Junior Coaching as well as Adequate facilities so that is helping but also Spain seems to receiving a lot of high potential youth.Daniel Garai is the best Spanish regen while Ignacio Izurza is the best 16 year old in the country.

As for the match against Valladolid,I don't know whether to be angry or frustrated.We were winning 2-1 and into the dying minutes of the game,we then go and concede an equalizer,in the fourth minute of injury time via a own goal!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - April 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-51.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-8.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only positive highlight in the month was the 2-0 victory over Leganes where Iker Sola scored his 29th goal of the season.We end the month in 9th place,five behind 6th place but there are still seven games left to play.Overall I will sum the month up like this....

brickwall.jpg

cswalk08 - Thanks :D I think that's because of the unity of the team,just bringing through the youth team does not disrupt harmony as much and doesn't really effect the tactics.It also helps to scout the next opposition and tweak tactics if necessary.

deltablue - It's not over till it's over,I'm just surprised it was our finishing which let us down.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - May/June 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-52.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-9.png

Manager's Thoughts

May was absolutely sensational,six games unbeaten,21 goals scored and got ourselves back into 6th place in the table and in the final playoff spot.One game left which was at the start of June,against 17th placed Eibar,we then chocked and lost the match,other results went against us and we lost out on head to head record.I am actually gutted but I said it's not over till it's over and we fought to the very end and at least we can claim the crown of Liga Adelante's greatest entertainers!

MAR was absolutely unstoppable scoring 7 in the last seven which even surpassed Sola's impressive tally of 6 goals in last seven games.If any positive comes from those last seven games,it will be that this squad will be fighting for promotion in the near future.I reckon by the end of the 2017/18 season,we should be fighting amongst the top teams in the league.

Good News

NewStadium.png

Quite a big stadium as well as it will hold 15,500 which is massive compared to our 900!

Bad News

The idiotic chairman decided not to take a loan out

Ugly News

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-5.png

I don't know where the got the figure £6.2 million from but when I checked the finances,it said £5.9 million.

It was quite gutting but next season will be our season (Not liking that,sound too much like a Liverpool fan :lol:)

We won't go into administration,my chairman is probably regarded as a tax evader!

CashInjection.png

With that injection we have increased Youth Recruitment (Now at basic level),increased Junior Coaching (Now at Excellent level) and we're having another Youth Facility upgrade.

Been following this for a while and I'm delighted that you got a player from where I live (not my nationality, but still)! Seeing a Luxembourger who could easily become good enough for La Liga is great. :thup:

Amazing progress you've made in so few seasons and the club is growing quite fast as well. How many spectators will the new stadium hold?

I was doing it for the money but your side does make a lot of sense as well,think I will aim for a playoff spot next season and maybe promotion the year after as that will work out to be two seasons which is when I move into the new stadium.

It is and 15,500 is an impressive amount to start with,it could possibly have numerous expansions to over 30,000 which would be quite good for a club of our stature.

Been following this for a while and I'm delighted that you got a player from where I live (not my nationality, but still)! Seeing a Luxembourger who could easily become good enough for La Liga is great. :thup:

Amazing progress you've made in so few seasons and the club is growing quite fast as well. How many spectators will the new stadium hold?

He looks like he is going to be amazing as his potential has been upped to leading Liga BBVA player,he has been attracting interest from Villarreal,Malaga and Real Madrid!

New stadium will hold 15,500 to start off with and will probably have room for expansions.

EDIT:Talking of Daniel Reuter,he actually earned his first u21 cap at the age of 15!

I get the feeling it was,we really need to work on our defence.Even though we conceded 70,it wasn't even close to Villarreal "B" conceding 117 goals.I feel the attacking force is good enough even though we need backups for upfront.

I get the feeling it was,we really need to work on our defence.Even though we conceded 70,it wasn't even close to Villarreal "B" conceding 117 goals.I feel the attacking force is good enough even though we need backups for upfront.

Yeah that would be the most worrying part of your challenge to Liga BBVA, you can't survive if you're allowing 70 goals at adelante already. Perhaps some defenders in the next youth intake would do the trick, with the luck you have been having so far. ;)

Coentrao - We don't have a "B" so will look to get a Basque feeder team to send some players out on loan.

rancer890 - They do have the potential so they will get better but considering my back like had 4 players under 18 it was more of a learning experience for them!Now you said that,I will get World Class Strikers and Goalkeeper just to spite us by you saying and me wanting it :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - End of Season - 2015/16

Competitions

Liga Adelante

League Table

Well considering it was our first season in Liga Adelante,we did very well and kept it entertaining for the fans and as well as the neutrals.We also were the top scorers in the league as well as having the tenth worse defence so people with heart problems better stay away.With having such a young squad,they can only get better.Considering we missed out on head to head record,things are looking up for us as our youngsters will get better and we could be able to claim a playoff spot in the next two seasons.The highlight of the season was beating the Champs Racing on their own ground but lets not mention the game where they came to us.

Cope del Rey

Third Round

Iker Sola basically destroyed Eibar with a hat-trick in the 2nd round as we won 4-1.We were drawn against Almeria in the 3rd round,the fact that it took Almeria into extra time to get rid of us shows how poor their finishing was.They dominated the game but needed extra time to beat us,a Gai Assulin brace is what inflicted the defeat on us.We are showing improvements so maybe we can reach the two legged ties in the future.

Players,Stats and Awards

Team Stats - Best XI 2015/16 - Overall Best XI

GK - Jose Zubillaga - 44 appearances,73 conceded,4 Clean Sheets - Was his first full season playing for the club and due to being so young I will let him off for his performances as he will get better as he gets older.Has shown flashes of his potential,if he can fulfil that potential then he can become a key figure at the club.

DR - Iker Lekumberri - 43 Appearances,0 Goals,0 Assists - The grandad of the team at 29.He is the weakspot of the team but has been kept in the first team due to noone being capable of challenging for the DR spot until now.This was probably his last season of playing regular first team action due to an hot prospect of a DR coming through.Will be an okay backup in the future until we get good enough backup.The clubs leading appearance maker with 207.

DC - Ricardo Sanramaria - 42 Appearaces,6 Goals,4 Assists - A solid season and is continuing to improve which can only be good for the future.He is probably the best player in the team at the moment and will be able to play in Liga BBVA.He has become one of the Spanish u19 trio along with Romero and Sola.Looking forward to how much he can improve.

DC - Rodolfo Bodipo - 43 Appearances,6 Goals,1 Assist - Again,another youngster playing his first full season with the team,won't start making any judgement on him till the end of next season.Still not picked what nation to play for,not even represented any of the nations at u19 level.

DL - Ignacio Romero - 42 Appearances,4 Goal,2 Assists - Another player who had his first full season with the club.I won't be too harsh on him as he is only 17 so will get better with age.

MC - Angel Diez - 44 Appearances,3 Goals,5 Assists - The club captain at 20 and will be the oldest player in the starting XI next season.Didn't have the best of seasons this past season but he will improve in seasons to come as he comes up to the standard of the league.Easily has 7 years left till he hits his prime so there is still some improvement left in him.Already racked up 184 appearances for the club,could easily make 500+ for the club.

MC - Eriz Uranga - 35 Appearances,3 Goals,6 Assists - Had a disrupted season due to a few niggling injuries one of which kept him out for seven weeks.When he did play,he did really as he was the one normally starting the movements.His progress did stall a bit but if he can keep injury free then there is no reason why he cannot succeed in Liga Adelante.

AMR - Miguel Angel Rodriguez - 44 Appearances,12 Goals,11 Assists - Now labelled the next Josep Guardiola which is quite weird because I'm sure Guardiola was a defensive midfielder.Had an excellent first full season with the club in which he finished the season on fire,although the most displeasing thing for me was that he was overlooked for the u19 Euro Championships as he deserved a place for his performances.He is only 17 and isn't even close to reaching his peak so it is exciting times ahead.

AML - Unai Gurrutxaga - 41 Appearances,5 Goals,31 Assists - Topped the assist chart with 31 which smashed the club record and he also smashed the Liga Adelante as all his assists came in the league.Will miss the start of next season due to injury but hopefully he can recapture some of the form he has shown this season.

ST - Carlos Goni - 44 Appearances,16 Goals,17 Assists - Another solid season for the youngster,he didn't do too bad but he was outshone by Iker Sola.He is still very young so he can improve,already has 55 goals for Vitoria so only needs 45 to hit a century so give him three seasons to get that in!

ST - Iker Sola - 43 Appearances,35 Goals,7 Assists - Absolutely fantastic season overall,won Maximo Goleador del ano Award for most league goals during the season as he hit 31 goals.To top off his fantastic season he won Fans Player of the Year.He is now regarded as a Favoured Personnel so yet another person who beats me to the list!

Overview

It was an absolutely sensational season as well as gutting at the same time but to finish 7th in our first season can be classified as a gigantic success.We still have a very young squad which can only get better as they get older.Our average attendance was only above 900 because we were sharing a stadium for the first half of the season.Our attacking was impressive but we need to work on our defence more as that is probably what let us down in the long run but I can't be too negative afterall we are the Liga Adelante's self pro-claimed entertainers!

There is alot things going on in the future,we are having a new stadium built which will hold 15,500 and will be called Vitoria Stadium.We have had our Youth Recruitment upped which is not at a basic level,the Junior Coaching has been upped and is now rated as Excellent and finally we are having a Youth facility upgrade which will upgrade to Adequate hopefully but I'm not sure what the next level is.Whatever the case,the future is quite bright for us with all this going on and it will be interesting to see where we are the end of the next season.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers

Thanks :D I know,it gives us better experience though so roll on next season where we may be able to gatecrash the playoffs.I don't use Goni as a target man,I use a 4-2-4 using classic tactics.You can add Zubillaga to that list for me as he is dubbed the next Manuel Alumina :lol:

Team Instructions

CDVitoriaTactics_TeamInstructions.png

Goni Instructions

CDVitoriaTactics_PlayerInstructions.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - Pre-Season - 2016/17

Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-53.png

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga - GK

Has gotten better since the start of last season,he has also been dubbed the new Manuel Alumina which I'm not too sure is a good thing.He did concede a lot of goals last season but as it was his first full season and he was 16,he will only get better with age.If he performs better then last season then I will have no problems what so ever.

Ricardo Santamaria - DC,DM

Another solid season off the youngster and in which he became an u19 international for Spain which shows he does have some talent.He made the step up quite easily last season and all I can do is hope for continuous improvement off him.Probably one of a few players who would not be out of his depth in Liga BBVA,has been quite surprising that no bigger clubs have been in for him so that is encouraging for us.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - AMC,AMR

Had a slow start to last season but finished with a massive bang as he scored seven in seven which was more impressive then the strikers conversion for the last seven games.He has been labelled the next Josep Guardiola which is kind of weird because I'm sure Guardiola was a defensive midfielder while MAR is attack minded.He carried on his end of season form into pre-season so I will be hoping he can carry on this form into the new season.

Iker Sola - AMC,ST

Last seasons top scorer with 35 goals in 43 appearances,he has progressed a lot faster then Carlos Goni and is now rated as the best ST in the team.Not expecting him to pull off the same performances as he did last so I will be happy with 20 goals from him.He is one of three players who have been capped at u19 level for Spain so he does have talent.Didn't play during pre-season as I wanted to try some of the fringe players.

Overview

Quite a few players left during pre-season so we are now down to 46 players altogether.Generally we are fine in all positions but we are starting to look like in the MC position and ST positions,out of 46 we have 5 players who can play in ST which is quite worrying as only three of them are and will be any good.We looked pretty solid in pre-season and we managed to defend quite well which was the worrying part of last season.We've upgraded Youth Recruitment,Junior Coaching and Youth facilities so hopefully we can start getting better backups through from a wider area.

We have two games in August to start off with,we are up against Eibar first and I will want to do very well against them as they are the team we choked against in the last game of the season so I will want to get revenge.The other game is away to Getafe which will be tough as usual but could be a good game to see how we will fair in the season.As for the media preiction,we are predicted 22nd and last with odds of 5000-1 for the fifth season running.I think the media should just give up on their hobs,if I've not been relegated in any of the seasons where they predicted relegation for me,why will I make this one any different!Even though we have done a season in Liga Adelante,we are still regarded as a Local club and have 0.5* reputation so will want a good cup run to see if that will help matters.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - August 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-54.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-11.png

Manager's Thoughts

Was a good start,we got revenge over Eibar for last season and we gave a good showing against Getafe.My only worry is that Iker Sola has not scored yet but I'm sure that will change in the near future hopefully.We're sitting in mid-table but it's the start of the season and our defence is much improved on last season while our attack is probably be around the same.We could have got a draw against Getafe but they have a striker who will could do a job for lower Liba BBVA teams so there is still the quality difference but at least we were not beaten too bad.

September will be a mixed month for teams we face so all months are looking the same so none should be too easy or too difficult.September will also bring the Copa del Rey competition back and we have home advantage as we face Rayo in the 2nd round so will be looking to progress in that.We also have them in the league at home as well so I will be looking to give them two headaches in the space of a week!

SRL88 - Thanks :D

AK22 - It is indeed.To be honest I'm not sure how many we could possibly have,our current stadium holds 900 but when they were installing seats last season we were playing in a 4000 (2500) seated stadium which we actually sold out a couple of times so who knows how many will watch us when it opens.

Tactic Master - It is quite a jump,it's 17 times bigger then our current stadium so it may help with income in the long term.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - September 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-55.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-12.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were unbeaten in September which is a good thing but it was also frustrating with the way we were playing in the games against Rayo as we easily could have won them all.Even though we drew with Rayo twice,we took the victory on a penalty shoot out which was brilliant and as somewhat of an a reward,we will face Liga BBVA side Osasuna.I was grateful for the draw against Gimmastic as we could only muster a whole two shots in 90 minutes.The game against Murica was a turning point and it was the game where Iker Sola ended his goal drought of 13 hours!Another victory this time against Tenerife lets us leave the month on a high.

Due to Castilla being a "B" team,we actually occupy the last playoff spot but a lot can change over 36 games and hopefully we can maintain a place and after seeing how we have played so far,there is no reason why we can't.October holds a momentous occasion as we will face a Liga BBVA side for the first time under my management.I am also hoping we can pick up maybe six or seven points which will be a massive help in the league.Also maybe Sola getting a hat-trick or two would be very nice as well!

Copa del Rey 3rd round and against a Liga BBVA side in Osasuna,this is one of my proudest moments in managing Vitoria!

VitoriavOsasunaInformation_Overview.png

As a reward for beating Osasuna,we will now face the 2015 Copa del Rey winners!

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-6.png

Proto Tarkula and SRL88 - Thanks :D Roll on the next round!

deltablue - Castilla won't be able to go up,they are Real Madrid's "B" team otherwise known as Real Madrid Castilla.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - October 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-56.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-13.png

Manager's Thoughts

If one thing has been made clear to me this month,it's that opposition teams don't underestimate us and are a lot more cautious which is making it quite difficult to actually score,on the plus side we're not really conceding many either so I feel pretty confident we will concede less then 70 goals in the league this season.I collected eight points which can be considered a very good tally but it wasn't till the end of the month that I realised how close it was,we're in 8th place with 19 points but are 2 points behind 2nd place which is quite crazy.

I thought beating Osasuna would be the highlight of the month but the first leg of the 4th round bring us the result of Vitoria 2-1 Sevilla!I know we have another leg against them but it is still a remarkable achievement considering our stature.November will be a tough month for us,we have the 2nd leg to play,the league leaders and third place so this will probably help define our season.

deltablue - Castilla won't be able to go up,they are Real Madrid's "B" team otherwise known as Real Madrid Castilla.

I know, just remarking that the table is actually showing that by giving 7th the playoff spot shading instead of where they are, which is interesting to see. Didn't realize the game did that.

I know, just remarking that the table is actually showing that by giving 7th the playoff spot shading instead of where they are, which is interesting to see. Didn't realize the game did that.

It is a nice touch,it's the first time I've seen it as well as I don't normally play in leagues where a "B" team is in the league.

scarman - Thanks :D They were pretty impressive,if I can string a few wins together in the league then maybe we can take advantage of the situation.

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

cerud - Lets hope I don't end up from suffering second season syndrome.It is a nice touch so well done SI.

cswalk08 - It was a complete freak result,they got their own back as they won the 2nd leg 1-0 to knock us out on away goals!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - November 2016

Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-57.png[/img]"]CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-57.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-14.png

Manager's Thoughts

Impressed with a draw against Alaves as we avoided being added to the list of the defeated as we equalized late on.Sevilla knocked us out of the Copa del Rey on away goals,it makes us seem a lot better then we actually were as were well and truly dominated.The game against Numancia was a joke,we were without six first teamers due to international commitments and it was a very weakened side and we still managed to put a goal past them,if we had a full strength side then we would have beat them.Disappointed with the draw against strugglers Ponferradina as we did more then enough to claim victory.The game against Recreativo was a huge sigh of relief as we returned to being the team I new we could be and Goni ended his goal drought in spectacular fashion!

We are just outside the playoff zone after what I can only describe as a torrid month so that is pleasing in itself.We only have three games in December,the most important of these is against Almeria as a win will see us go above them and give us advantage against them on head to head record.Other games are Castilla and Levante which hopefully I can pick up a couple of points in the process.Without the cup distraction,hopefully we can kick it up a notch in the league and I'm hoping Sola can pick up his form.

I thought it was a fluke as we were struggling in the league earlier in the season but going out the cup as turned out to be a blessing in disguise,I'm pretty sure Almeria and Castilla don't want to face us again anytime soon :D

Archived