Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your having a solid first season in Serie B by the look of things :D

Yeah, it's going well. We're not scoring much, but the defense is holding firm. I think having Liviani, Garcia and Martinez from last season is helping along with the fact that I've only tweaked the defence

Excellent effort to win back-to-back promotions and by the looks of things if you consolidate well enough this season you'll be pushing for promotion again in the next campaign.

It'd be nice, however, I think I'll need some mass investment in the team to get up to Serie A, rather than relying on Serie A castoffs that got released.

Great month of November. :thup: Looking safer now.

Yeah, the defense is holding firm, although my worry is that once my strikers form goes, I'm screwed. Also, if my defense creaks, we may not have enough about us to outscore the opposition!

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, December 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Cesena (Serie B)

Ciro Immobile netted the lone goal in this match.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Andria Bat (Serie B)

Carlo Di Micco fired home from the edge of the area to give us the win.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Modena (Serie B)

Andrés De Pintos Francés scored on his return to the side after being dropped for poor performace. Carlos Garcia headed home on 73 mins to seal our win.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Padova (Serie B)

This game was a total anti-climax. We lost two players to injury during the game and Ciro Immobile had an off-day. We conceded a long-range strike into the top corner on 80 minutes to put the tin hat on the defeat

-----------------------------------

The only real thought I have on transfers is possibly a loan ST to try and get our strikers firing again. We finished 2015 in 9th place and I'll be looking to sew this place up as soon as possible.

I usually get that about once a month in-game, mostly at the beginning or during matches, though a weekly autosave (often saving at other points) means I don't really lose anything.

I can't boot up ANY of my saves though. They all corrupted it seems.

To be honest, the thought of starting again really excites me. There are things that I would do differently this time and, not that I've perfected the Catenaccio formation but, I really feel that getting the players to work with the 5-3-2 will be really hard. The rapid rise with Arezzo was enjoyable, but it felt quite artificial in some way, like I'd lucked out.

So it's back to square one, starting with Santarcangelo. I really hope you guys keep reading and commenting, simply as it means that there is room for more than just saves starting in South Africa ;)

No worries,will keep reading.In my head the restart is named "Calcio III: The Catenaccio Matrix!" just so you know :)

Too bad about the problems,you were doing exceptionally well with Arezzo! :thup:

Calcio III: The Catenaccio Revolutions ? ;)

Good luck with the new save.

If a crash dump happens this time, make sure you go back to a "clean" save the dump hasn't happened on - that approach seems to have served me well. A bit more work in terms of keeping plenty of backups, but definitely worth not losing the whole save imo.

Superga Air Disaster, 1949

Superganewspaper.png

An artists impression of the crash from the front page of La Domenica del Corriere.

The Superga air disaster took place on Wednesday, 4 May 1949, when a plane carrying almost the entire Torino A.C. football squad, popularly known as Il Grande Torino, crashed into the hill of Superga near Turin killing all 31 aboard including 18 players, club officials, journalists accompanying the team, and the plane's crew. The team was returning from a farewell match for Xico Ferreira against Benfica in Lisbon.

The Avio Linee Italiane (Italian Airlines) Fiat G212CP carrying the team flew into a thunderstorm on the approach to Turin and encountered conditions of low cloud and poor visibility. They were forced to descend to be able to fly visually. While descending for Turin, the aircraft crashed against the base of the rear wall of the Basilica complex at the top of the hill of Superga. Italian authorities cited low cloud, poor radio aids and an error in navigation as factors contributing to the accident.

The emotional impact the crash made on Italian sports fans was profound, as it claimed the lives of the players of a legendary team which had won the last Serie A title before the league play was interrupted in 1944 by World War II and had then returned after the conflict to win four consecutive titles (1946–1949).

At the time of the crash, Torino A.C. was leading Serie A with four games left to play in the season. The club carried on by fielding its youth team (Primavera) and in a sign of respect their opponents in each of these matches (Genoa, Palermo, Sampdoria, and Fiorentina) also fielded their youth sides. Primavera won each of the matches and the scudetto. The disaster seriously weakened the country's national side which had included up to 10 Torino players. Torino itself would not claim another title until 1976.

Of the entire squad only three players remained: Sauro Tomà missed the trip to Portugal due to injury. As well, the Hungarian star László Kubala, who was to give a guest performance in Lisbon, had just been re-united with his wife and son; the boy was ill and Kubala stayed back to help care for him, missing the fatal trip. Another youth team player, Luigi Giuliano, who played several games and scored 4 goals earlier in the season for the main squad, did not obtain the passport in time and also survived.

The son of captain Valentino Mazzola, Sandro, became a player of international fame in his own right in the 1960s playing with Inter Milan. Both father and son wore the number 10.

On 26 May 1949 there was a charity game for the victim's families between the "Torino Simbolo" (symbolic Torino) made up of the remaining best of the Serie A against South American giants River Plate. "La Maquina" had such immortal players like Norberto Yacono, Alfredo di Stefano and Angel Labruna. The game ended in a 2-2 draw.

250px-Lapide_Superga.JPG

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, August 2011 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Sambonifacese (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)

A mistake from 16 year old rookie keeper Federico Andreani led to their winner as he strayed too far off his line before being caught out by a looping shot from 25 yards.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 San Marino (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)

We went 0-1 down early on, however Kadir Caldi's header from a deep corner pulled us level. However, again, we lost to a shot from 25 yards, this time in the 85th minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Rimini (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)

Striker Ivan Graziani stabbed home after good work on the right by Daniele Ficci. However, a Franco Cozzi OG denied us three points and left us almost certainly out at the first round.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

DM Kuami Agboh came in on a free from Stade Auxerre. He'll be invaluable in that DM role. Also coming in on a free was MC Andrea Bricca. He looked to be a great bargain and I'll be leaning heavily on him this season. Finally coming in on a free was DC Fabio Cozza. He'll be the lynchpin of that SW role, whilst the others get used to it. I also took a great number of loans on. ST Nicola Campus and DL Iacopo Galli came from Empoli and SW/DC Carlo Alberto Togazzi and GK Alessio Cragno on loan from Brescia.

Leaving were our entire youth team and record appearance holder GK Michele Nadi was shipped off to Uniao Madeira for £14k.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2011 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A good battling draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Renate (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)

We went out of the Coppa with nary a whimper, conceding a flick header from a deep cross late on in the first half.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Giacomense (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Sheer persistance gave Antonio Velazquez his first goal after joining the club, putting in his own rebound. But a shanked, looping shot from 20 yards went over the keeper's head and came down off the underside of the crossbar into the net to give them an undeserved point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Undone again by a deep cross and a flapping keeper.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Casale (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This just sums up our season so far...

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Savona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Welp. I was playing 'Send In The Clowns' by the second. Numerous defensive errors contributed to all three goals..

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2011 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Lecco (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

FINALLY. Antonio Velazquez netted on his return to the side and then Daniele Ferri took advantage of a generous non-call on a foul he commited and, on gaining possession, sprinted into the area and walloped the ball into the top corner. His first goal for us and, in the end, our first win too despite the late consolation goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Borgo a Buggiano (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)

Annnd normal service resumed :(.

Santarcangelo Calcio 6 - 1 Cuneo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This was the game where we shook off the malaise that had been following the team. Daniele Ferri hit a superb hat-trick, Ivan Graziani, Luca Locatelli and Nicola Di Pivo with the others.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Bellaria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A cracking, if lucky goal by Kuami Agboh put us ahead, but we were pegged back by a defensive collapse in a melee.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Renate (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Martín Astudillo made his debut in this match, a new late free agent signing. He promptly put us in the lead, however Renate tied it up. Young loan striker Nicola Campus made the points safe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We started well, new goalie, new pads, Howver Cadl put the goal past him so he didn't look that good. Few fought back and we looked doomed. However, we rolled up our sleave and we equalised throigh Daniele Ferri and then went ahead through this monstrosity

-----------------------------------

We've been struggling with injuries this month. All my best performing players have been subject to injury, to the extent that I have 5 strikers and only one fit until Dec! I also had to do something drastc about my league form and brought in two big free transfers. DM/MC Martín Astudillo and GK Matteo Gritti. Both of these are on big contracts (for us) to get us to stay away from the relegation zone. However, this means I'm over my wage budget of £10k (increased from £7k with the original transfer funds of £30k) by £200 and my bank balance is sat at -£500k. Already.

Archived