Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Pre-season/August 2014 Review

Pre-Season

Well, another pre-season and we needed to push on. We were moved to Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B this season and given the brief to consolidate our position and was given an £8.75k wage budget and a £0 transfer budget. Veteran DC Fabio Cozza retired at the end of the season and, after asking the board to allow more coaches, I signed him back up as my Defensive coach. I also approached the board in order to get our pitch re-laid, but I was told there was no money left in the kitty for it (when has there ever been?). I also asked the board for a new parent club and was given Serie A side Parma! I signed Marquinhos as our Technical coach and locked up the rest of the staff for another few years.

---------------------------------------

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Arezzo (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F )

Luca Onorato netted the winner on 78 minutes to settle this tie

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Pisa Calcio (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F)

In facing a far superior Lega Pro Prima Divisione side, we went down early, however new signing Jakob Vojtus netted his first for the club to give us a priceless point.

---------------------------------------

Transfers

Incoming to the club on frees were Dutch AMC Zlatko Zejnilovic from Fortuna Sittard; Croatian DC Silvio Maloca was signed after leaving Banik Ostrava in the summer; Slovakian U-21 ST Jakob Vojtus was snapped up after being let go from Intenazionale; young Italian AMC Marco Constanini and experienced DM Gianluca Bacchiocchi also came in. Finally on the transfer front, DL Jérémy Pacheco came in on a free from Vannes OC and DM Andrea Congiu returned to the club on a free after being released by his club. DC Alessandro Orchi came in on loan from AS Roma.

Leaving the club was M/AMC Paolo Beatrizzotti for £28k to Ourense

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2014 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Forli (Coppa Italia Lego Pro, Group F)

Luca Onorato again netted the winner to put us in pole position to qualify

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Valenzana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

A really bad performance which we've clearly been saving for the opening day...

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Prato (Coppa Italia Lego Pro, Group F)

Jakub Vojtus scored first and for a long while it saw us top the group, however we conceded from a corner and that dropped us down to third place in the table, but qualified as the best loser overall

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - Vibonese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Luca Onorato headed home early on before it became the Jakob Vojtus show, as he netted a hat-trick to give us a fantastic win

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 0 Grottaglie (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

An utter whitewash. Both Luca Onorato and Jakob Vojtus hit doubles and Andrea Castellano's strike was just the icing on the cake.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Aprilla (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Luca Onorato scored early and Marek Kysela's header sealed it late on

--------------------------------------------

Wow. New signing Jakob Vojtus has hit 7 in 8 games this season and Luca Onorato has scored 6 in 7. Great stats and ones that just may fire us to promotion. Having said that to get him and the others, we are now £2k p/w OVER our wage budget and already at -£256k in the bank...

--------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;jGnq7n3c6m4]

A good start to the season. Where are you in the league after September?

A lovely goal by Vojtus. A great run past the defender and cheeky lob over the GK

Currently 4th, but I'm not hanging out the bunting just yet. I was 2nd after 21 games one season and STILL finished 12th!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2014 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Chieti (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Jakob Vojtus scored to keep us in the game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Aversa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We netted early on through José and were only pegged back late on in the game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Aprilla (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Luca Onorato scored a well-placed header to give us a battling win

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Fondi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Andrea Castellano blasted home a shot from the edge of the box to give us a familiar scoreline...

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Luca Onorato put us in the lead before a second half mixup saw them equalise

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Vigor Lamezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Andrea Castellano's coolly-taken penalty was the difference here

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Virtus Lanciano (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Second Round)

Andrea Castellano put us on our way, before Jakob Vojtus' double and a Nicola Del Pivo close range strike earned us a fabulous win over Lega Pro Prima Divisione opponents

----------------------------------------------------

2014-15 Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B

-----------------------------

Pro Patria

Santarcangelo

Viareggio

Vojtus looks good for that level, not surprised he's been scoring at a decent rate, hopefully that's the push the team needs to survive a whole season in the top places.

I'm stunned he came to be honest. I doubt he'll last long at the club with that kind of talent though.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2014 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Barletta (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Jakob Vojtus hit the opener and Sebastian Mladen slammed home an 87th minute penalty to seal the game..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Gavorrano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We stuttered and spluttered through this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

A game that had everything against the league leaders. They took the lead through a hotly-disputed, offside-looking goal. Then to add insult to injury, Giancarl Bacchiocchi was dismissed for a second yellow as we tried to fight back. Howeve, Andrea Castellano levelled the scores with a wonder strike. We then rode out the rest of the game despite losing Silvio Maloca for 2 months to a fractured wrist

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Novese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

A lack of cutting edge and, indeed, luck screwed us on this one...

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Pro Patria (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

We played very badly and deserved the defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Monterotondo Lupa (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Gutted. TWO own-goals put us on our way, before Luca Onorato headed home to make it a simple game. However, Luca Onorato then bundled over a Lupa player in the box on 90 minutes and the team that had scored only 5 goals in 15 matches, got their sixth

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Melfi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

A dull game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 L'Aquila (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We couldn't seem to come back from a 6th minute injury to Jérémy Pacheco which would put him out for months. Then, in the second half, Jakob Vojtus strained ankle ligaments which will see him out for virtually 2 months.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That defeat to Pro Patria and their subsequent win over Viareggio led to this.

thirdround2015.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;fNFnSq8L7-c]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2014 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Campobasso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We went ahead through a calamitous own-goal, then Luca Onorato produced a piece of absolute magic for the second..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Viareggio (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

We were already out so I just played the kids and backups and we were deservedly beaten by the Prima Divisione side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Mezzocorona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We were so lacking in strikers in this match that Pierre Pindi started up front and he repaid me by scoring a late insurance goal after we took the lead through another OG

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Paganese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Pierre Pindi hooked home from a corner midway through the second half in this top of the table clash.

Well, we finish 2014 in 2nd place! We've only conceded 7 goals so far as well, however, pride comes before a fall and I know only too well the sickening feeling when you hit the wall. So I picked up DM Valerio Verre on a free after his release from AS Roma. I'd been tracking him for a number of seasons and had him on trial 2-3 times this season, just to get him to sign. This, however, put us WELL into the red with wages, which was slightly offset by the sale of DL Emiliano Ponti to Antequera for £1k. The baard has also injected £440k into the club to get our overdraft down to below £100k!

[video=youtube_share;KGf70EGq19k]

Tactics

tactics1.jpg

tactics2.jpg

The entire back four man-marks during a game:

• When playing a 4-4-2, the DR/L's mark the wingers/wide midfielders, whilst the two DC's mark the strikers
  • During a wide 3 (AML-ST-AMR), the DR/L's mark the wingers and one DC man-marks the lone striker, whilst the other man-marks anyne coming in late
  • In a close 3 (ST-ST-ST), the entire back line just man-marks without assignation.
  • With an AMC (either AMC-ST or AMC-ST-ST), The Anchor Man DM man-marks the AMC and usual DC assigments.
  • In a wide/close AMC trio (AML-AMC-AMR or AMC-AMC-AMC), the DR/L mark the widest AMC's or AML/R's and the DM marks the AMC

All matches are played with the shouts 'Get Ball Forward', 'Hassle Opponents' and 'Play Through Middle'

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Valenzana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Luca Onorato put us ahead, before Pierre Pindi netted his third in three games to give us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Vibonese (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

Gutting loss. .

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Grottaglie (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

This game was settled by a 20 yard strike by Andrea Castellano to give us the win.

-----------------------------------------------------

Despite being short on strikers due to injury, I still sold ST José for £60k + 50% sell on to Palencia.

Archived