Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, January 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A midfield domination as all three midfielders scored in this one. Andrés De Pintos Francés led the way with a double, before Lorenzo Degeri and Boris Nkoa wrapped it up

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Guilherme stroked one home from the edge of the box to open the scoring. Luc Thomas finished it off by ramming a penalty into the roof of the net.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We strolled into this game expecting yet another win. We were sent with our tail between our legs back. The team looked uninterested and Michele Fournier, who came to me earlier in the week, wanting to be played more. I put him in and he went missing for their first and earned a straight red for their second as he conceded a penalty which was converted. Ciro Immobile scored late on, but by then, it was too late.

152px-New_Zealand_Football.svg.pngNew Zealand U-23's, Olympic Games Qualifying Review

New Zealand U-23 6 - 0 Cook Islands U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)

New Zealand U-23 4 - 0 American Samoa U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)

New Zealand U-23 2 - 0 Samoa U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)

New Zealand U-23 3 - 1 Tonga U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)

New Zealand U-23 1 - 1 Fiji U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Final, First Leg)

New Zealand U-23 2 - 0 Fiji U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Final, Second Leg)

We cruised through this qualifying group, with the draw happening when we were missing 4 players through suspension.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, February 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Lumezzane (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We lost Luc Thomas to a broken arm for 7 weeks in this game. And it took a double substitution to bring home the win. Both strikers were replaced and Mauro Bertelli wrapped it up on 82 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ternana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile rescued the draw as we sluggishly moved closer to the end of the season.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cittadella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Andrés De Pintos Francés scored an absolute howitzer of a strike after 3 mins to give us the win

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Ebolitana (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, First Leg)

We played the backups in this match, including debut for new signing Gracjan Horoszkiewicz and we were rewarded when Mauro Bertelli netted from close-range to give us the away victory

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Ebolitana (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, Second Leg)

Another debut, this time for forgotten youth team player Max Keller. And it was he who sealed the deal just before HT, scoring to add to Guilherme's opener

-------------------------------------

I brought in DC's Martin Angha on loan from Siena and Gracjan Horoszkiewicz on a free to cover our new hole in the D. Leaving were DC Michele Fournasier who, after his tantrum and horror show, was swiftly demoted to Trestina, my feeder club and GK Tommaso Barletta, who was snapped up by ChievoVerona for £14k + 50% sell-on clause

[video=youtube;VHuwGNLpnuA]

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, March 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A dull game that really never took off

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A good win over third placed Vercelli. Carlos Garcia and Lorenzo Degeri in a 2-0 win.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Viareggio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile put us in the lead, but a disasterous half time team talk saw us lose focus and concede two late goals.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Como (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

André De Pintos Francésput us in the lead, before conceding the equaliser halfway through the second half

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Pisa (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, First Leg)

We battered Pisa, but despite Ciro Immobile's early goal, we couldn't find that killer second away goal.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Cuneo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile stepped up to the plate again, netting a club record 17th goal of the season, before setting up Lorenzo Degeri to slam home to make the game safe

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, April 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Pisa (3-4 on pens) (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, Second Leg)

Total reversal as Pisa battered us. We went behind in the 18th minute and, although we came back into the game late on, we never broke through. ET couldn't separate us so we went to penalties. Carlos Garcia missed the second penalty and, with the game on the line, Renzo 'Waddle' Ravanelli skied his penalty to gift Pisa the trophy.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Portosummaga (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Boris Nkoa popped up with his first goal in over 30 hours to give us the win, stabbing in from a corner scramble.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Pisa (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Andrés De Pintos Francés netted a brace and Gabriel got his first of the season as we gained some small measure of revenge for the Cup final defeat

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Vicenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A stunning victory that surely gives us the title as long as I keep ths form up. Andrés De Pintos Francés and a Luc Thomas penalty put us on our way after going down early

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Alessandria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

This win left us a win from the title. Ciro Immobile emerged from a 4 game slump and Luc Thomas netted his second goal in as many matches to sweep 4th placed Alessandria

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, May 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Bellaria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We had a great away following for this match, and for good reason, as we sealed the Lega Pro Prima Divisione A title. Luc Thomas scored early and the party was on. Finally, forgotten DR Cristan D'Alessandro netted on 76 mins to send the fans mad and make sure for a party atmosphere in our final game.

c1ababy.jpg

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Santarcangelo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We paraded the trophy before our final match against my old club Santarcangelo. I felt a twinge of sadness during this match as I wish it had been with them that I acheived promotion to Serie B. Ciro Immobile, as he has done all season, popped up with the opener and when he was subbed on 67 mins, he got a standing ovation from the curva. His replacement, Alberto Libertazzi finshed coolly on 82 mins to seal the win and leave us dreaming of next season

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Crotone (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, First Leg)

Ciro Immobile scored the all important goal as we looked to win our first Supercoppa in my third attempt.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Crotone (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, First Leg)

Ciro Immobile netted the opener in the second leg, however we then found ourselves 1-2 down. A vicious strike from Andrés De Pintos Francés restored parity, before Luca Tedeschi's header was deflected in off an unfortunate defender to give us an o.g and the win.

c1sup.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

The main job for next season is to SIGN CIRO IMMOBILE. That is all.

Congrats on the promotion, the cup win, and finally, on signing your star Ciro Immobile :)

Thanks man! Yep, I'm really glad I've got him permanently. For ages last season, he wouldn't come to the club, then when he finally signed on loan, he wouldn't sign a deal here even though his contract was running out. So I'm really pleased to get him.

Superb season man, back-to-back promotions is great. Congrats for signing your star man too.

FM can be really strange sometimes too, I mean how on earth a lower league italian manager is going to travel to Iran back and forward to pick players and coach an Under 23 (!) side? How on earth do you become so in demand for asian and oceanic U23 jobs anyway? :D

Superb season man, back-to-back promotions is great. Congrats for signing your star man too.

FM can be really strange sometimes too, I mean how on earth a lower league italian manager is going to travel to Iran back and forward to pick players and coach an Under 23 (!) side? How on earth do you become so in demand for asian and oceanic U23 jobs anyway? :D

No idea how I got offered the first set of jobs, but the Iran U23 squad was really talented and I easily won the Asian Games. Having got a rep for winning tournaments, I guess that's why I was given the job for getting NZ into the Olympic Games.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, Preseason & August 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Giulianova (TIM Coppa Italia First Qualifying Round)

Luc Thomas thundered us into the lead with an exsquite strike from 30 yards. Carlo Di Micco finished it off in the 92nd minute with an easy finsh after being put through

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Siena (TIM Coppa Italia Second Qualifying Round)

We were heavily outclassed by the Serie A side, but hung on until the 85th minute when they scored a header to put us out.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Lecce (Serie B)

We battled hard after going down early. Carlo Di Micco rounded the keeper beautifully to pull us level, but an own goal by loan signing Martin Angha, again on 85 minutes, saw us consigned to defeat on our return to Serie B .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Incoming to the club were some Juventus players who were out of contract. Returning from last season's loans on permanent contracts were DC Carlos Garcia and leading scorer Ciro Immobile. Also coming in were long-time transfer target DR Alberto Massacci from Barletta on a free and DC Martin Angha and DL Mirko Signori on loan from Siena and Torino.

What I really wanted to do, was become more like a proper manager and not just replace a whole team because I can sign better players over 48 months. So I replaced only what I sold and/or upgraded a few positions. These were the stand-outs;

ST Danzell Gravenberch (Free from Ajax): This guy was available on a free and his stats were not the best (I've been tracking him for the whole of last season), but I thought he could give me more options up front, if I decided to adapt the 5-3-2 to include a DLF.

ST Carlo Di Micco (free from Catania): I scouted this player at the back end of last season, and to me, he had all the qualities of someone like, say Carlos Tevez, to play in the defensive forward role, to really try and push on with the catenaccio theme.

DC Ramzi Aya (free from Reggiana): Same as Gravenberch, He'd been scouted every since he was released from Inter. He would be an upgrade at DC in the stopper role and would easily slot in with Tedeschi and Garcia to be able to form a decent rotational three.

DM Simone Pasa (£50k from Ternana): This guy had been a favourite from previous FM's so had him on my shortlist from day 1. Wouldn't come to me from Inter on loan, or when he was released. Ternana snapped him up when I couldn't afford his wages, but Serie B opens a lot of doors and I was able to acquire him.

ST Vlad Iacob: (free from UTA Arad): I was offered this guy by his agent and after his release, I got him to sign a trial contract. I saw in a game against my U-20's that he had good pace and was considered to be a 5-star prospect. Taking into account, my bad facilites, I figured that he could be Immobile's replacement once he inevitably gets snapped up by a better club.

Outgoing were 4 players at the end of their contracts, including the 2011-12 Fan's Player of the Year, Axel Muller. Two went on loan to feeder club Trestina.

ST Mauro Bertelli was shipped off to Cosenza for £8k, he'd been frozen out by Guilherme and Immobile last season and I didn't forsee any future for him.

DC Michele Fournasier, after his strop and utter fail in the game he was supposed to have his chance in, was offloaded to Xerez for £110k (God bless, Serie B! Most of my player's values went up!). Nice stats, but didn't have a hope in hell of getting past Tedeschi and Carlos Garcia last season.

D/WBR Mattia De Sciglio was sold to C.D Salamanca for £150k and this one was difficult. He'd played well last season, but the combination of a high fee (for us) and the fact I was in negotiations with Massacci meant that I could sell without worry.

DM Luc Thomas was co-owned by Cagliari for £450k. This was a bolt out of the blue. A huge sum of money, the fact that he'd stay at the club for the 2 years plus the fact that we'd just broken ground on the new youth facilites and needed £650k minimum left in the bank to pay it, swayed this decision.

AMRC Maximillian Keller was co-owned by Novara for £150k. I considered selling Keller at the beginning of the season, seeing that his value had sht up and he would be third choice, but the offer on the table from Novara was good and allowed me to let him show me what he can do.

Both ST Alberto Libertazzi and DC Diego were allowed to go on loan. The problem was that neither player had shone at the club and I was hoping that a little time away would rejuvenate them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;sIQ_FNiIM3E]

HOLY COW!

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, September 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 3 Brescia (Serie B)

A game where we fought back twice to draw through goals from Ramzi Aya and Carlo Di Micco before AGAIN conceding the winner in the 86th minute

Atletico Arezzo 5 - 2 Crotone (Serie B)

Ramzi Aya opened the scoring, Ciro Immobile finally got off the mark for us by scoring a double and a Luc Thomas strike, coupled with an own goal saw us run out comfortable winners

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ascoli (Serie B)

Ramzi Aya headed our opener from a corner on 4 mins, before we conceded a shot from 20 yards on the stroke of HT

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 2 Empoli (Serie B)

A tale of a gulf in quality, Damián Martinez's OG on 91 mins summed it up.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 ChievoVerona (Serie B)

A great defensive performance earned this win. I gave into logic, instead of emotion and dropped Luc Thomas. His replacement Valerio Verre got a 7.2 rating as Carlo Di Micco hit the winner.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, October 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Varese (Serie B)

Ciro Immobile put us on our way before

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 3 Bari (Serie B)

Carlos Garcia headed home from a Francés freekick, but by this point we were already 0-3 down to the ex-Serie A side.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Livorno (Serie B)

Ciro Immobile and Carlos Garcia scored as we came from behind, only to lose it late on.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Serie B)

Ciro Immobile showed glimpses of last season's form as he hit a double and forced an OG to put us up 3-0 at HT.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Foggia (Serie B)

We weren't even sat at home with a cuppa, let alone at the races in this match. Carlo Di Micco hit our only goal to give two bad defensive lapses some sheen.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - Triestina (Serie B)

Alberto Massacci stupidly saw red for a second yellow. From the resulting free-kick and melee, the ball was rammed home to consign us to another defeat.

Got much money left after that?

That won't come out until next season thankfully. We're sat on £2.15m atm, 90% from the player sales. I've also been ruthless with the wage budget and we're £7k under. £650k is going in Jan for the youth upgrade and we'll lose about £400k between now and the end of the season.

Great goal. :thup:

Looks like things are a little tough this season, but that's sort of expected, the team can't just keep growing at a relentless pace, the gap between Serie B and Serie C1 is indeed big. Still doing well to be above the danger zone.

Your rep is insanely high for a manager at that level though - bit unbalanced in FM2012? Nevertheless it's recognition of your good work. Going to take the ticket to Belgium, to spread the noble catenaccio values of dullness, rigidness, negativism there?

Great goal. :thup:

Looks like things are a little tough this season, but that's sort of expected, the team can't just keep growing at a relentless pace, the gap between Serie B and Serie C1 is indeed big. Still doing well to be above the danger zone.

Your rep is insanely high for a manager at that level though - bit unbalanced in FM2012? Nevertheless it's recognition of your good work. Going to take the ticket to Belgium, to spread the noble catenaccio values of dullness, rigidness, negativism there?

No, I laid out my plans. It's Arezzo to Serie A and stay up for a season. Then try to take Torino to the Scudetto. Afterwards? I think I will take the message to other countries.

As for the rep thing, I have no idea. I started off as Semi-Pro I think? (the level I actually got to)

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, November 2015 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie B)

Guilherme started his first game of the season and netted a double, due to injuries to Immobile and Di Micco

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Nocerina (Serie B)

Lorenzo Degeri fired home from the edge of the area for the only goal in this tight game.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Sassuolo (Serie B)

A disappointing, stuttering defeat to second-bottom Sassuolo

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Hellas Verona (Serie B)

Ciro Immobile netted on his return to the first team to give us the win.

Archived