Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, November 2013 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Lacina Keita drilled home the eventual winner in this match on 38 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Monza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This was gutting. We lost to a

by a one-time transfer target of mine...

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ishia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Andrea Venneri headed our opener from a corner, before a defensive lapse from a corner let them equalise on 81 mins. This match marked the debut of Michele Palumbo, a free agent pickup earlier in the week

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Alto-Adige (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Michele Palumbo netted his first goal for the club, but a great, incisive counter-attack pegged us back again.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A game that only have 4 shots on target during the whole thing. Luckily, one of those was Michele Palumbo's 93rd minute winner.

-----------------------------------

We picked up two free agents at this point. ST Michele Palumbo and DC Marek Kysla. This should negate having to get anyone in during Jan.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, December 2013 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Giulianova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A quickfire double from Lucas Pusineri and the opener from Guilherme put us 3-0 up within 20 mins. However, the team then sat back and conceded two easy goals.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Camaiore (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Michele Palumbo was our saviour here, netting an easy tap-in on 56 mins.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Elia Ballardini, a long-forgotten loanee scored on his debut to save our blushes after a shocking game that we really should have lost.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Unione Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Substitute Lacina Keita rocketed one into the top corner from the edge of the area on 88 minutes to give us a win in our last game of 2013 and leave us in 2nd place, having only conceded 10 goals all season so far!.

-----------------------------------

Most important thing in the Jan transfer window is to pick up an extra DM/Defensive-minded MC on loan to bolster us, along with possibly a backup DR.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, January 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Reggiana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We took the lead through Ciro Immobile, but we were pegged back. Marek Kysela restored our lead, but we surrendered the lead in the last 10 mins

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 3 Ravenna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Three times we took the lead with a double from Ciro Immobile and one from Boris Nkoa and three times we were pegged back, twice in the last 10 minutes with the final goal coming in the 91st minute.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We went down early and struggled thoughout the first half. I gave them a rocket and sent them back out. Goals from Guilherme and a first goal from Jan loan signing Carlos Garcia put us 2-1 up. However, for the third time this month, we conceded a late equaliser, this time on 90 mins.

We've conceded almost as many goals this month as we had the season so far.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, February 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Avelino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We equalised through Ciro Immobilejust before half-time. However, we couldn't make the breakthrough

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Treviso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Alberto Libertazzi scored on his return from injury and Renzo Ravanelli netted his first goal for the club after his move to make us easy 2-0 winners.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Teramo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Carlos Garcia scored a hat-trick of headers to see us run away comfortably with this game.

------------------------------------------

We signed four more loan players in January from Juventus; DC Carlos Garcia, ST Ciro Immobile, DM/MC Manuel Giandonato and DRL Gianluca Rubin. I also returned to former club Santarcangelo to steal 17-year-old sweeper Renzo Ravanelli

------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;fdZMzAcm4AE]

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, March 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Carpi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Terrible game, over-confident players, bad goalkeeping

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Salerno (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We destroyed the league leaders in this match, cutting their lead to 3 points. Goals from Alberto Liberazzi, Carlos Garcia, Ciro Immobile and Marek Kysela sealed the deal.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We were terrible here. Couldn't hit a bull in the arse with a bass fiddle.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

0-1 down for long periods to the team just below and we looked gassed. However, super-sub Guilherme netted on 86 mins to deny Mantova and keep us in 2nd place.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Monza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A early own-goal put us on the road and late on, sub Giacomo Rosaia tapped in after a good move down the right..

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, April 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Isha (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Manuel Giandonato was moved from playmaker to ball-winner and he repaid that move with a cracking double to give us the win

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Alto Adige (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We battered and battered on their door. Finally, a long range effort from Pusineri, thundered back off the crossbar and hit the Alto keeper on the back of the head before rebounding in.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We just coudn't put them away. A double from Ciro Immobile put us ahead twice and twice they came back.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 4 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

1-4 down at HT to third place. Filippo Tatiero, on a rare start, hit the opener and Ciro Immobile & Matteo Liviero got our consolation goals. This result knocked us out of first.

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Camaiore (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Back on track finally. Goals from Alberto Libertazzi, Ciro Immobile and Carlos Garcia saw us dominate and repair some of the damage.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, May 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile put us in the lead, before we went walkabout at a corner on the stroke of HT and went in at 1-1. However, Lucas Pusineri showed his steel by blasting home a penalty to give us the win and leave us two points back with just the last game of the season to go.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Unione Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A break down the right on 32 minutes saw a whipped cross powerfully headed past the Venezia keeper. By his own player. Further misery was piled on when Ciro Immobile hit yet another goal to put us 2-0 up. The news then filtered through that Salerno were 0-3 down to Reggiana.. The whistle went and...

winner-1.jpg

promo.jpg

WE WON! WE WON! I'M SERIE C2 CHAMPIONS FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!...*ahem*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 2 Avensa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Supercoppa, First Leg)

11-2 shots. That's all you need to know about this game.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Avensa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Supercoppa, Second Leg)

11-0 shots. Only 1 on target. That's all you need to know about this game. Stunned.

I'm really happy about the title win and promotion, but I'm sick inside at the C2 Super Cup result. 2 shots in two games, Avensa had. TWO! Far and away, my most horrific defeat on FM12.

Congratulations on winning the Serie C2!
Tactics definitely working well now if it was another surprise promotion.
Congrats on the promotion :D
good work m8..
Well done on securing the title, excellent work. Hopefully, you'll get a stab at Serie C1 this time around :thup:

Thanks guys, really appreciated!

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, 2014-15 Pre-Season Review

Pre-season proved to be a bit of a struggle. I was given a goal of finishing in mid-table by the board. In my first season back in C1. OK.... I was given a £14k wage budget and a £47.1k transfer budget with which to do it. We also had our coaching staff increased from 8 to 12. However, the chairman and board wont increase our youth/junior coaching one iota, which is rather annoying.

The other big problem I have is replacing all 11 loans I had last season, as early indications show that I will find it hard to get ANYONE here, which is odd, considering I've been promoted! Veteran centre-back Marco Pecorari retired and became my defensive coach. I've lined up friendlies against a few major Italian teams and been entered into the 1st Qualifying Round of the Coppa Italia.

Good Luck for the new season! Congrats on the promotion, but a real sickener in the cup.

Sound like a tough season of consolidation ahead

Yeah, it'll be really tough. But I think if I can get a decent striker in, then we'll be fine.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, August 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 AlbinoLeffe (Coppa Italia, First Qualifying Round)

We took to the field with only 17 players under contract with the club. This actually included 4 GK's, so our options were very limited. However we battled hard against a recently-relegated from Serie B side and only lost to a 30 yard howitzer on 85 minutes.

--------------------------------------------

The departure of our 11 loanees from last season left a HUGE hole in this team. However, we made the most of it. 12 players came in on free's. Returning from last season's loans after Juventus released them were ST's Guilherme, Alberto Libertazzi and D/WBL Matteo Liviero. I was especially happy about getting back Libertazzi, who went great guns for us early last season before his injury, then spent a while saying he didn't want to come to the club. Also coming in were GK's Tommaso Barbetta, Marco Farrabi and in a massive coup for the club, 21 year old Damián Martinez from Arsenal.

Hero of my Santarcangelo championship side, DM/MC Lorenzo Degeri came in on free, along with fellow DM/MC's Luc Thomas and Valerio Verre. Finally on the free agent front, AMC Kevin Holzweiler, D/WBR Matteo Di Sciglio and DC Michele Fournasier. Returning on loan was DC Carlos Garcia, DM Gabriel & ST Ciro Immobile from Juventus along with D/WBR Gianni Peoni from Bari. And finally, we paid actual money for DRC Luca Tedeschi (£7k from Crotone), ST Mauro Bertelli (£8k from Treviso) and finally, for £40k from FCB Junior Lújan, MC/AMC Andrés De Pintos Francés. This guy was offered to me by his agent. As I could not scout South America, I took a chanve to buy him unseen. Hopefully, he'll be a Messi, not a Verón.

Leaving the club was the 37 year old Lucas Pusineri at the end of his contract. He was still good, but I didn't feel he could cut it for a whole season any more. Last season's November signings ST Michele Palumbo and DC Marek Kysela was shipped off to Unione Venezia for £40k and Rimini for £55k respectively. DRC Andrea Venneri was sold to Sambenedettese for £10k. All three were sold because after decent starts, they flared out. Leaving because their contracts ran out at the end of the season were DRL Giuseppe Dipasquale (£35k to Ascoli) and ST Lacina Keita to Gubbio for a record £110k. The Keita deal looked to have been a huge mistake until I signed Libertazzi, simply as I couldn't get any talented forwards to join me!

We also got a new kit sponsor worth £91k p/a

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, September 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 3 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

I can't even..

. Two own-goals and a defensive mistake, with Luc Thomas hitting a stunner for a debut goal... Welcome back to C1/A..

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile picked up where he left off last season with a brace that saw off Sambonifacese for the win.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We went one better in our league re-match with AlbinoLeffe. We went down early, but a wonderful 4 player move full of one-touch passing, saw Andrés De Pintos Francés round the keeper and stroke home to tie it up

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Lumezzane (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile again popped up with a brace, the first of which was an absolute corker!

[video=youtube;-s2_SyYXDMI]

[video=youtube;5UkKvphimWA]

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, October 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Ternana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile carried the team on his back again with a double after Mauro Bertelli set us on our way.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Bellaria (Coppa Italia Lega Pro First Round)

Mauro Bertelli was sent off after 18 minutes for a two-footed tackle. Then we went down 0-1 on 36 minutes. However, we fought back and Lorenzo Degeri scored his first goal for us on his return from injury. Then we were gifted a penalty on 83 mins when Libertazzi was tripped in the box. Luc Thomas stepped up and smashed the ball home to give us a 2-1 win under difficult circumstances.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cittadella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Again, we lost a player to a red card in the first half. Valerio Verre was dismissed for a second yellow on 32 mins and we were in trouble. However, our talisman Ciro Immobile stepped up to head home the winner on 57 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ciro Immobile set us on our way, before Mauro Bertelli & Matteo Liviero made the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We missed Ciro Immobile in this game. No cutting edge. Lost to a sloppy goal

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Viareggio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Mauro Bertelli put us in front, after we'd had shots cleared off the line 3 corners in a row. Carlos Garcia headed home a corner late on to make the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Messina 3-1 on pens (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Second Round)

Just couldn't make the breakthrough, so it was left to Damián Martinez and Renzo Ravanelli to be the shootout heroes.

We've suffered badly with injuries this month, losing two DL's, three DR's and all four ST's at various points during the month.

Ouch - its a pain when the injuries start piling up and seemingly dont stop :(

I even had to draft in another free agent left back, purely because we were so short of full backs! I finished the Cittadella match with only 9 men, thanks to a late injury!

I think that game that went into penalties wasn't for the league. ;)

Great month despite the injuries. I'm guessing you're very comfortably in the top half of the table, perhaps fighting for back-to-back promotions even?

I loved the irony of you being pissed of at the last season's Supercup fixtures for them beating you despite having no shots. You're playing catenaccio for god's sake. Surely the whole point of your tactic is to do exactly what they did to you? :D

I think that game that went into penalties wasn't for the league. ;)

Great month despite the injuries. I'm guessing you're very comfortably in the top half of the table, perhaps fighting for back-to-back promotions even?

I loved the irony of you being pissed of at the last season's Supercup fixtures for them beating you despite having no shots. You're playing catenaccio for god's sake. Surely the whole point of your tactic is to do exactly what they did to you? :D

D'oh! Fixed. Currently running third, three points from top, three points from being out of the playoffs. Not bad, however I think the fact that I didn't really bring any major new faces in has helped. And of course I'm pissed off! You don't expect to have done to you what you do to others! :p Also, we were just so poor up front.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, November 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Como (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Alberto Libertazzi netted the only goal in this tight encounter

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cuneo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Guilherme scored the winner here, which came from a quick break after a Cuneo attack broke down.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Portasummaga (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Tedeschi put us in the lead, then our talisman Ciro Immobile stepped up to hit a double

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Savona (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round Group A)

Ciro Immobile set us on our way with a double, before goals from midfield maestros Andrés De Pintos Francés & Lorenzo Degeri made the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Pisa Calcio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We disposed of fourth-placed Pisa thaks to two goals from the on-fire Ciro Immobile and a rare goal from Guilherme

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Casale (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round Group A)

Ciro Immobile was utterly unplayable. His hat-trick was glorious along with Alberto Libertazzi's helper to ease us into the next round

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Vicenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We played a terrible match and Vicenza weren't much better. A Garcia blunder led to Vicenza's opener, however Guilherme fired a fantastic 25 yard curling shot to level it all up in this top-2 clash.

iran.jpgIran U-23, 2014 Asian Games Review

I eventually took the Iran job as I felt there was more chance to win with that side. To be honest, I did very little with this team, I was given a squad already and just played my catenaccio formation. I didn't adapt at all and only subbed players who were tired

Iran U-23 2 - 0 Afghanistan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)

Iran U-23 2 - 2 Japan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)

Iran U-23 5 - 0 Turkmenistan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)

Iran U-23 2 - 0 North Korea U-23 (Asian Games Second Round)

Iran U-23 5 - 0 Kyrgyzstan U-23 (Asian Games Quarter Final)

Iran U-23 4 - 0 China U-23 (Asian Games Semi Final)

Iran U-23 3 - 2 Japan U-23 (Asian Games Final)

IranU23.jpg

We coasted the entire tournament with our only tough games coming against Japan. The final was a simple affair as we went 3-0 up and only conceded the two late on. After the tournament, I left the job as I'm hoping for a European U-21 job

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, December 2014 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Alessandria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Guilherme netted the only goal in this tight encounter on 90 mins. We also managed to shut down the top striker in the league so far this season

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Bellaria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Guilherme continued his red-hot scoring form with a double in this game before leaving the game on 66 minutes. His replacement, Alberto Libertazzi, netted the third.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Santarcangelo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

It was my first game back against my old club. I answered a lot of questions before the game and while I was happy to be around the team once more, I wouldn't be doing them any favours! Renzo Ravanelli also had a rough ride for his return too. However, he responded manfully with a great performance. Guilherme continued his run of goalscoring form, along with a great header from Carlos Garcia and a gorgeous finish from Ciro Immobile

Archived