Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Typical us. Get into a decent league position, then choke.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Casale (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo netted what proved to be the winner in this match, vaulting us into the playoff spots.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo netted a double and Luca Onorato finished it off, despite us going a goal down and then a man down as Nicola Del Pivo saw red for a second yellow.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Ravenna (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

This match was hilarious. Youth players Mirco Doria, Nunzio Novelli and Luca Buldrini all made their debuts in this match. However, the latter made the headlines for all thr wrong reasons. He was harshly adjudged to have fouled a Ravenna player in the box for a pen (it wasn't on replay). This led to a goal and a yellow for him. Then he blocked off their striker on a break, earning himself a red card on his debut for a second yellow and a 4.5 rating. All their goals were from penalties. Bacchiocchi and Gandelli were the other culprits.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 3 S.P.A.L (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corello reduced the deficit to 1-2, but a goal midway through the second half meant that Luca Onorato's late goal and Bacchiocci's penalty miss would prove costly.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Juan Pastore netted an absolutely vital goal in our quest for the playoffs, equalising in the 91st minute to stop us falling out of the race.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 San Marino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo netted a double in the first half, which was marred by Luca Buldrini's SECOND red card in two games!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Feralpi Salo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato slotted home halfway through the second half to give us a priceless victory. That and Pastore's equaliser looked like our most important goals this season!

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Como (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Gutting. We never got out of the blocks and this result left us 2 points out of a playoff place in 7th.

------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;b0LeacO43II]

[video=youtube_share;mQUW4baTOSQ]

These were the vitally important goals of the month, nay, the season.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Bassano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Gianluca Bacchiocci's beautifully flighted free-kick after just a minute settled this match. This win, coupled with Mantova's loss, leapfrogged us above them by a point and saw us into the playoffs!... But, wait, it turned out that San Marino had scored a 90th minute winner and leapfrogged BOTH of us into that last playoff spot, ,leaving me in 6th by a point.

-------------------------------------------------

We finished a point out of the playoffs in 6th. Gutted at our season-ending fail AGAIN. I'll be blooding a lot of the youth next season as again, we finished in the red. I could get £800k in buying out sell-on clauses, but they'll be useless while we have the stadium debt. The off-season will be living and learning, I guess.

So close... again.

Is there much you can change to give youself a better chance next season? I suppose your hands are tied somewhat considering the continuous financial shenanigans.

I have no idea. I think we'll do worse next season, simply as I'll be playing a lot of youth next season.

So close again. It's an excellent youth intake though, so take pride in that. Should be good news over the next few years with lads like that in the team. The debt must be an overarching problem though. Annoying with so stupid chairmen :(

Thanks man. The big problem I have is that both our training facilities are rented. Which sucks.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2017 Review

We were moved to Lega Pro Prima Divisione B this season. Our budget was set at £9.75k wage and £26k transfer. AGAIN, this was nearly £4k under what my wage bill actually was and would require some surgery again to try and get under the cap and play competitive. Didn't bother requesting anything from the board, as I already knew the answer.

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Santegidese (Coppa Italia, First Qualifying Round)

Debutant Francesco Martino netted the opener and Sergio Corallo smashed a venomous rising drive past the keeper to give us the victory.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2aet Ascoli (Coppa Italia, Second Qualifying Round)

Sergio Corallo broke the offside trap to open the scoring, but were pegged back just after HT. We matched the Serie B side all the way up to the second half of ET, when we finally broke down and they netted the winner .

-------------------------------------------------------

Due to the precarious financial nature of the club, I brought in only 4 signings. First was D/WBR Vincenzo Superbi, who was on loan to us from Parma last season. Also coming in were D/WBL Mike Koenders from amateur Dutch side AFC, ST Francesco Martino from Torino and GK Lino Tagilabue from Ternana, all on free transfers.

Outgoings were big. Even though I put my entire £26k transfer budget on the wages, I was still £3k over. I let go a few youth players, sold DRL Mohammed Abdellouhi for £120k + 50% to Siena and generally cleaned house. DM Thomas Sarina left on a free to Sorrento; DLC Giovanbattista Anastasi was sold to Portimonese for £55k; DC Andrea Sangiorgio left on a free for Carpi and ST Calogero Socre was sold to Salerno for £100k.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;carv6n3PM18]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 -0 Ancona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Sergio Corello tapped home for the opener and Francesco Martino's first league goal for the club sealed the deal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Andria Bat (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Francesco Martino scored within the first minute to put us in the driving seat, then settled the game on 27 minutes with a cool finish.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Chieti (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

The 1-2 punch combo of Sergio Corallo & Francesco Martino settled this game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Cosenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

1-2 punch combo again with Sergio Corallo and Francesco Martino, started off by an uppercut in the shape of a thunderous Luca Onorato free-kick.

[video=youtube_share;3KhpbHBQ-r4]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 -0 Alto Adige (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Sergio Corello netted the only goal. but would be ruled out for 3 weeks with injury.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Foligno (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Both their goals came from bad deflections that gave our keeper no chance.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Ancona (Coppa Italia Lega Pro First Round)

Right back Vincenzo Superbi popped up with a goal from a corner to settle this tie.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 L'Aquila (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Francesco Martino put us ahead, but then the 2001 FA Cup Final happened all over again. We conceded late, then left the player free to net the winner on 93 minutes.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Livorno (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Emanuele Paramatti put us ahead with his first ever senior goal, but we went behind midway through the second half. However, Francesco Martino levelled it up on 85 minutes and we snatched the draw against perennial ex-Serie A opposition.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Virtus Lanciano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Francesco Valentini put us ahead with his first ever senior goal, then Juan Pastore stooped to head home the winner late on,as we lost Francesco Martino to injury.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Spezia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

We were dreadfully light up front, with a lot of injuries at all levels and it showed in this dull draw.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Ancona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Misfiring yet again.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Andria Bat (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Sergio Corallo netted the equaliser, but two late goals saw the game get away from us.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Chieti (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Close to the playoffs. Struggle. I'm getting tired of this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We didn't pick anyone up this transfer window, having got Michael Abdul Razak on 1st December. However, I did sell DC Silvio Maloca to FC Honka in Finland for £120k + 50% sell on.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2017 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Siracusa (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

We're either firing or not and this was one of the ones where we weren't.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Crotone (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Michael Abdul Razak got his first goal for us since his transfer, however we blew it again in the last 10 minutes, conceding two.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Aversa Normanna (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Juan Pastore fired home to level the scores and Sebastian Mladen headed home to give us the lead, however we fluffed our lines again against 10 men as we conceded from a corner.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We finished 2017 in 5th place. Lack of consistancy AS EVER is biting me in the arse. I think I've been here before. Twice.

These Italian leagues are confusing, I'm guessing they're the same as the English leagues?

Pretty much. There's very little difference between the two for rules and such, only the Non-EU rule which is you're not allowed them below Serie B and above, you can only buy TWO a season from outside Italy

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Ancona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Misfiring yet again.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Andria Bat (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Sergio Corallo netted the equaliser, but two late goals saw the game get away from us.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Chieti (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Close to the playoffs. Struggle. I'm getting tired of this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We didn't pick anyone up this transfer window, having got Michael Abdul Razak on 1st December. However, I did sell DC Silvio Maloca to FC Honka in Finland for £120k + 50% sell on.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 2 Cosenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Nicola Del Pivo slotted home from close range to start the rout, then Sebastian Mladen, Sergio Corallo and a long-awaited goal from Luca Onorato finished it all off.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Alto Adige (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

One step forward, two steps back.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Foligno (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

Francesco Valentini headed home his first ever goal for the club and Sergio Corallo then netted the winner from close range late on.

Archived