Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see Immobile return. What happened with the co-ownership deal with Corallo? Is it a 2 year deal or did Udinese not bother taking up the option?

I put the £0 bid in him at the end of the year, wincing as I did it, only to find Udinese did the same. Score! I kept him.

Looks like some decent business, great to see Immobile back! Interesting how Balotelli never seems to fulfill his potential, and actually ends up regressing from his starting stats. Must be to do with his poor mental stats, although they don't seem to stop him IRL. Might be that SI have to tone down his "bad character" slightly in future.

At the moment, I can see why...

Wow Fiore looks like he could be deadly at set pieces...20 for heading,18 jumping and he looks like he is going to be a solid DC in the future as well.I hope Balotelli can produce the goods for you :D

Problem is, I don't have anyone good at set pieces. I also wish he'd stop heading it over the f****** bar!

Congrats on finally reaching Serie A. It must feel GREAT :)

Relieved to see you told Fiorentina where to shove their dough too. Would be criminal to leave Santarcangelo now.

Yeah, I didn't want to leave just now. I'd like Europe just once before I go.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Udinese (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo hit the equaliser and our first ever goal in the top division.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Mario Balotelli first goal for the club was a penalty and a consolation goal as we lost in the 94th minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

Our first win in Serie A TIM came courtesy of a header by Raffaele Fiore from a corner late on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Genoa (Serie A TIM)

We're holding our own at the minute. A good battling draw.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Roma (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo hit the our goal and we looked to be on course for a famous result, until they headed home on 92 mins to break all our hearts.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo got our consolation, after we were totally outplayed.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 4 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

That man, Sergio Corallo hit a shock opener. However, we were taken to the cleaners from 70 minutes onwards.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

0-2 down at halftime and looking down and out. However, some strong words saw Wesley Verbeek hit a double to give us a great battling draw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;s67_LPQf2ss]

Not really any horror shows so far, that's got to be a positive! :)

What's not a positive is that I'm only a point above the relegation zone. So far Brescia, Palermo and Torino are below me. Torino are the ultimate yo-yo club.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Cesena (Serie A TIM)

Wesley Verbeek stroked home into an empty net after the Cesena keeper parried Corallo's shot to give us a battling draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Palermo (Serie A TIM)

Gutted, really. We tried, but they were just too good.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Brescia (Serie A TIM)

These are the games I have to win if I have any chance of staying up. Francesco Valentini, Sergio Corallo and Wesley Verbeek did the damage.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Parma (Serie A TIM)

Relegation zone vs 1st place. They scored on their ONLY shot on target. Robbed. Especially considering Cristian Pinton was given a straight red for a studs up tackle.

Santarcangelo Calcio p0 - 0 Sorrento (4-3 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)

We were woeful throughout the game and during extra time. We also missed our first penalty. Luckily, Masek made an outstanding save to keep us in it and then blocked a fierce penalty to give us the win 4-3

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo lashed home, what proved to be, the only goal of this game in a tight, tight encounter. I taunted the Viola keeper before the match and it seemed to work, despite Sebastian Mladen going for a second yellow late on in the second.

Not the best start to life in Serie A, but by the looks of things you.ve got the quality to keep clear of the bottom three when May rolls around. With your lineup of future superstars I'm sure you'll quickly become a force to be reckoned with.

[video=youtube;Ffo2Oqt8bIM]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffo2Oqt8bIM

dallas-dream-season.jpg

"Oh... and it was all just a dream..."

"..I awoke, bolt upright. Happy, yet depressed. For I'd had the most wonderful dream in which we had taken the Serie B title and got promoted to Serie A. But, it was 3am on the eve of the Pescara match on February 4th 2020. I got up, put the coffee maker on and sat at the kitchen table to try and make my dream a reality...." - Memoirs of an Italian Hero by Andrea Managerino*

*What happened was my laptop restarted because of Windows' f****** updates and it obliterated all of my saves up to a year back. Guess adversity doesn't like it when you're attempting to beat it...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Catania (Lega Serie Bwin)

A great win over our promotion rivals. Valerio Grassi slammed the ball home to give us the lead and Daniel Addo nodded home the second.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Pescara (Lega Serie Bwin)

Davide Ranieri to our rescue in this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Livorno (Lega Serie Bwin)

We took the lead through Valerio Grassi, but were beaten by our own lacklustre play.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Piacenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

We dropped the boom on Piacenza to this one. Sergio Corallo hit an early double. Valerio Grassi, his partner, also netted a double to give us a fantastic win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Novara (Lega Serie Bwin)

Valerio Grassi curled home a beautiful free-kick to haul us level, but a defensive error let them in for the winner.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Foggia (Lega Serie Bwin)

A tale of two penalties. Both deemed harsh. Both given against me. Davide Ranieri hit our reply to equal it up before the second farcial decision.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Cremonese (Lega Serie Bwin)

We took the lead twice through Valerio Grassi and Wesley Verbeek, but twice we were pegged back.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Spmewhat revenge after their thumping of us in the earlier fixture. Wesley Verbeek made the game safe with the winner in the first half.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

Oh wow. Valerio Grassi's game winner lit up this sterile match like a flare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;2JUtb2Jwges]

Archived