Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2015 Review

We had no retirees this season, however I picked up former Santarcangelo player Stéphane Sarni as a scout, thus increasing the number of ex-players in my backroom staff. I asked for and got an increase in Junior coaching. Our budgets were £13.25k wage and £2.85k transfer budgets in our first ever season in Lega Pro Prima Divisione A.

------------------------------------------------------

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Nocerina (Coppa Italia, First Qualifying Round)

They had 11 shots on goal, 0 on target. And won 0-1. Marek Kysela's own goal settled it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Only three buys this off-season, all on free's. AMC Gonçalo Brum, SW/DLC Giovanbattista Anastasi and DL Simone Lea all coming in to bolster various areas of the side. However, the real deals were done on a scouting trip to watch Italy U-20's vs Morocco U-20's. I was sat watching the game and two players on the opposition side stood out. On further enquires, they were both available on Bosman frees. Some quick deals later and I would have two cracking players in January. DR Mohamed Abdellaoui and ST Bilal Yilmaz. These two will be vital in January.

Only DM Andrea Consigu left the club, as he was whining about no game time and I had a decent youth in Cristian D'Amico as a third-choice backup.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Casale (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We got our first ever points in our first ever Prima Divisione game. A bad deflection gave us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Gianluca Bacchioochi stabbed home to give us the lead and the second own goal in two games sealed it for us, before Andrea Castellano missed a penalty.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Avelino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We couldn't break through and it was lucky that the defence was on form, especially as Sebastian Mladen was dismissed late on for a second yellow.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 S.P.A.L (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A TERRIBLE pass-back by Simone Rea let in the Spal player to score the only goal in the game.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We stormed past the team that finished above me in the league last season. Goals from Nicola Del Pivo, Jakob Vojtus and a Luca Onorato double saw us get a fabulous win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Uniao Venezia (4-3 on pens) (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, First Round)

We stuttered and spluttered through this, not having beat them in the previous four encounters. So we went to penalties. We missed our first, but then netted the next four, including the winner from Valerio Verre

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We dominated, but couldn't score.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Sassulo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A dull draw

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Feralpi Salo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Andrea Castellano's penalty settled this game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Bassano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We just didn't play well, apart from Jakob Vojtus' magical goal

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Pro Patria (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Second Round)

Jakob Vojtus' cushioned header looped over the keeper and in via the underside of the bar to put us in the Third Round Group Stage.

-------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;wH7k3-NPCu0]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Taranto (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato's goal just before half-time won the game for us.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Lecco (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Pierre Pindi finished low under the keeper to set us on our way, then local lad Cristian D'Amico, brought through our (non-existant) youth system, netted his first ever senior goal late on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We dominated, but couldn't finish them off and paid for it as the 10 men equalised with 5 minutes to go.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Alto Adige (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

A simple stroll as we put Alto Adige to the sword. Jakob Vojtus hit a double and there was a first goal for free agent signing ST Angelo Belani

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Hellas Verona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

We were up against the league leaders in this one, the team relegated from Serie B and owners of a +29 goal difference. We humped them. Jakob Vojtus stabbed home after a great shot by Del Pivo came back off the angle. Nicola Del Pivo finished smartly at the near post just before HT and Andrea Castellano's penalty settled the affair.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Treviso (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Disappointing game. Marek Kysela bundled home the opener, but Treviso were clinical in front of goal, taking the lead early in the second. However, Andrea Castellano's wonder strike tied it all up

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;eoEAhfVgIq0]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Pisa Calcio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato's goal was just a consolation. What was sickening was that their two goals were scored from a standing position, off rebounds.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Arezzo (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

Gonçalo Brum fired home two penalties. Pierre Pindi hit the third and new arrival Bilal Yilmaz netted his first goal from the club.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Bilal Yilmaz hit a double on his league debut.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Nicola Del Pivo curled one in from 20 yards to give us the win to insure we finished 2015 in 2nd place

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We really don't need any reinforcements in January, however the squad has grown somewhat so I need to either sell or ship out on loan.

Doing very well to keep the momentum from C2 to C1. :thup: A bit bizarre how it took you a while to start making any progress, and then suddenly everything clicks and you look good for back-to-back promotions. :confused: I know the gap between C2 and C1 is small, but still, strange.

Doing very well to keep the momentum from C2 to C1. :thup: A bit bizarre how it took you a while to start making any progress, and then suddenly everything clicks and you look good for back-to-back promotions. :confused: I know the gap between C2 and C1 is small, but still, strange.

That happened on FM11 for me too. Spent three years avoiding relegation by a place in Portugal, then made Europe the next season.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2016 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato's howitzer of a strike was the only bright spot in an awful defeat against the only winless team in the league.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 S.P.A.L (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato tapped home the only goal of this game. That goal made him Santarcangelo's all-time top league goalscorer with 42 overall.

----------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;Lq5ooTG8gA0]

[video=youtube_share;Z7qnHrop64o]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2016 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Casale (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

This game was settled in the first 5 minutes as Luca Onorato equalised from Casale's opener.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Another quick response to going a goal down. Luca Onorato rounding the keeper and slotting home, minutes after they took the lead.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Avellino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Bilal Yilmaz hit the opener, before Luca Onorato settled the game late on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A dull draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Foggia (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi-Final, First Leg)

We travelled the short 241 miles to Foggia for the First Leg of this Semi-Final. As the unfancied underdogs in this tie, it was amazing to actually take the lead with Bilal Yilmaz firing home on 28 minutes. Sadly, we conceded just before HT, but managed to grind out a draw .

Santarcangelo Calcio a0 - 0 Foggia (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi-Final, Second Leg)

We defended like lions in the second leg at home. The crowd willing us on as we played catenaccio to the limit to deny Foggia. After the final whistle blew, I recieved this message

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Sassuolo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A disappointing defeat in that we couldn't match a streaking Sassuolo side who are firmly entrenching themselves in second place.

Looks a bit more sticky now, but barely with any losses you should still do fine. Maybe another promotion is slowly slipping from your grasp though?

I wouldn't be surprised. We're dreadful right now. It's the playoffs no matter what anyway, as Verona are light-years ahead of everyone.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2016 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Feralpi Salo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato, Bilal Yilmaz and Andrea Castellano scored in the first half to put this game beyond reach.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 4 Bassano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Andrea Castellano scored to give us scant consolation in another drubbing by a relegation-haunted team.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Taranto (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

A good point against the team equal with me on points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Prato (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, First Leg)

We took the lead through Bilal Yilmaz before being pegged back.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Lecco (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Goncarlo Brum netted in the 88th minute to give us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio aet2 - 1 Prato (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, Second Leg)

We went down to a suspiciously offside goal in the first half and it took until the 89th minute for substitute Pierre Pindi to head home to get a dramatic equaliser. Extra time came and in the second period, Bilal Yilmaz stabbed home to bring home Santaracangelo's first ever trophy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

ccupwinner2016.jpg

recordattend2016.jpg

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2016 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Bilal Yilmaz got the equaliser in this game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Hellas Verona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

They got their revenge for the earlier defeat..

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Treviso (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Pierre Pindi scored twice on his return to the side and Bilal Yilmaz scored the killer third.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Pisa Calcio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

How many more chances will we need to seal this playoff spot??

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2016 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Onorato got the opener, but we conceded twice late on. This extremely damaging defeat left our playoff hopes dangling by a thread.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Bilal Yilmaz levelled it up for us midway through the first and that alone would have seen us qualify for the playoffs. However, we conceded on the stroke of HT and never recovered. We had a chance to seal the playoff spot on 82 mins,

.. Andrea Castellano was dismissed on 88 mins for a second yellow which was the crowning turd in the waterpipe.

-------------------------------------------------------

We finally finished 6th in Lega Pro Prima Divisione A. A great result normally, but just an utterly devastating way to end the season. I've no idea about the coming season, simply as I'm still stunned from the way we gave up our season-long position. Luca Onorato managed to become our record league scorer this season and scored over 50 goals for the club, but he was horrifically streaky. I just don't know what to do apart from cry :(

------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't want to click on the earlier link, here is the video link. My defining moment of the whole season.

[video=youtube_share;kdi_RtD29Hg]

Hard lines, and I feel your pain. Still, you claimed a trophy and are moving to a new stadium. Two or three signings in the summer and you can look to go up automatically (just don't do what I did and quit the club!)

I'll try not to sign anyone really. I think this team can do it as they are!

Archived