From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2017/18

Last season we performed miracles in Europe, could we do it again?

League Table

Another easy win, but the undefeated season was a long way off.

Mid-Ulster Cup - the reserves won this one.

Irish League Cup - for the first time we managed to win this one.

Irish Cup - it looked nailed on, then we blew the final.

Setanta Cup - a spectacular comeback saw us win this one again.

UEFA Champions League - not something I want to talk about. The Europa League was even worse.

Squad - no doubt this is a step back, but at least they are happy.

Transfers - my star players were all shipped out as their contracts were expiring. I tried going into the transfer market to replace them but I think it was a waste of money, they were no better than the players I was getting for free.

Key Player Profiles:

Stevo Smiljanic - he was signed as backup but after performing well in the cups he soon found himself in the first team.

Tamás Fábián - he was my big hope, but he didn't quite deliver.

Martin Zelenka - he was injured so I couldn't cash in on him.

Mustafa Arikan - the new star midfielder.

Charles Kherri - I paid big money for him, he might have been worth it.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

The performance in Europe was devastating, I'm hoping we can improve on that next season.

So Europe looks the problem dafuge!!!! I know the long run aim, but what is your aim in Europe over the next few seasons? How far do you think your off going the league campaign unbeaten as well?

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 22nd in FIFA rankings - up 9

Northern Ireland - 29th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Carling Premiership - 133rd in European competitions (1.5 stars) - up 35

Bourneview - 109th in UEFA coefficients - up 122

(looks like our UEFA coefficients may have been updated a year early)

So Europe looks the problem dafuge!!!! I know the long run aim, but what is your aim in Europe over the next few seasons? How far do you think your off going the league campaign unbeaten as well?

I don't think Europe is really a problem yet, we have had one stupidly good year and one slightly bad year, I'm hoping things will settle down soon. I'm hoping that we can start to qualify for the group stages consistently, but I think that could be a few years off yet.

As for the unbeaten season, that is just luck. I think we are capable now, we just need to get lucky.

Great away performances dafuge. Do you alter your tactics away from home or just catch them off guard with your usual style of play?

Tough group - a shame that points (and therefore extra prize money) will be hard to come by!

I stick to the same tactics, although they do seem to be well suited to counter attacking away from home.

I just wish we were playing like that in the league :D

Not a great start to the season by i'm sure being back in the CL group stages makes up for that so far. I also notice that Bourneview are sporting a new shirt!

Making the CL group stage is huge, I'd happily swap a league title for that. The new shirts look great, I have hammer9 from sortitoutsi.net to thank for those.

I'm going to stop the updates for every match in the group stage (which could well be six defeats) but I'll post it if we manage to get an interesting result.

Probably impossible at this moment to beat the Champions League campaign of two years ago, but very nice achievement to reach the groups again.

I'm not going to give too much away yet, but this season has proved two years ago to be a fluke of epic proportions :D

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2018/19

Last season we slipped up in Europe, so that was a priority this time around.

League Table

We had a terrible start, but chased Linfield down. In the end we won it fairly easily as the split did us a favour.

Mid-Ulster Cup - the fringe players were doing well, but slipped up in the final with an ex player scoring the equaliser and the winning penalty.

Irish League Cup - an easy win, despite rotating the squad.

Irish Cup - I always take this one seriously, and we won it back after getting revenge over the club who beat us in the final last year.

Setanta Cup - this victory felt rather good.

UEFA Champions League - we made it through the qualifiers thanks to some great away performances, but the group stage was too much for us as we got hammered.

Squad - after losing a number of key players last season, I'm getting back to that sort of standard. There are still a few weak points, but this is probably the best squad I've had.

Transfers - I've experimented in the transfer market (whilst still breaking even) but I'm still going to be looking to bring in a number of free transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Jerry Quansah - he was brought in as a new main striker and did pretty well. I think I can get better though.

Darlan - bought as a reserve AMC, he's found himself doing well up front.

Mustafa Arikan - great stuff from the midfielder who has kept my £1.2m signing out of the first team.

Stevo Smiljanic - his record is misleading as he plays the cup games, but he's a great player to have in reserve.

Gabriel Hernández - the big money signing, who can't quite get in the first team.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

The club is slowly moving forward, with improvements to the training facilities and expansions to the stadium taking it to triple its previous size (now a massive 1500!). I'm definitely finding better players who are willing to join me, but I think it will be a while before we are able to get out of the group stage barring another miracle.

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 16th in FIFA rankings - up 6

Northern Ireland - 24th in UEFA coefficients - up 5

Carling Premiership - 97th in European competitions (2 stars) - up 36

Bourneview - 78th in UEFA coefficients - up 151

Premiership is up half a star :cool:

Very big improvement for Bourneview in UEFA coefficients. Might be just enough to ensure easier opponents in qualifying stages, and maybe even 3rd hat in UCL draw.

In my most recent season with Sparta Prague, I was ranked 80th in the club coefficient and I was seeded for every draw in the Champions League playoff rounds. So yeah, that's probable here too.

An astonishing rise in the 7 seasons! Any plans to go International, or are you concentrating on club?

Also, do you think if the main aim is to get the dynamic league rep working you'd need to get Bourneview so far and then get another team from the league to the same level? Will be interesting to see if one team can drag the whole league upwards and then whether the other teams improve to similar levels...

This is where I failed in all my attempts in FM11 to improve league reputation. With Hearts I were doing well, but Celtic and Rangers failed miserably. With Dnipro I also had great results, but Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev let me down, etc.

What are your finances looking like dafuge? Would be interesting to see your yearly income & expenditature.

Finances - I've spent a little bit of money this season but the vast majority of the CL just sits there. With the wage budget increasing though it won't be long until we will need to rely on the CL money.

An astonishing rise in the 7 seasons! Any plans to go International, or are you concentrating on club?

Also, do you think if the main aim is to get the dynamic league rep working you'd need to get Bourneview so far and then get another team from the league to the same level? Will be interesting to see if one team can drag the whole league upwards and then whether the other teams improve to similar levels...

I'm not planning on managing any nations, but I always seem to end up getting tempted into it.

My aim was to do this all by managing just the one team, I don't want to have any influence on the other NI teams. That should make this last a bit longer.

Archived