dafuge's FM12 challenge

not really quickly. Was playing all yesterday and well into the night. Was up watching the Norwich-Liverpool game last night

plus computer upgrade i did on friday. WOWSERS soooo much faster. This game is nothing about the video card. Its all CPU and ram :)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking for some advice. I've reloaded on the 23rd June at least 20 times, and the same teams keep coming up. I'm talking identical.

Chester

Lowestoft

Stafford

St. Albans

Lewes

Carshalton

Every. Single. Time.

This is the way it should work:

1. go on holiday to the 23rd of June.

2. Save.

3. Holiday 1 day to the 24th of June.

4. If the desired club doesn't pop up, reload the save.

5. Repeat 3 and/or 4.

I never saw Frome in 6 hours of reloading. Never saw a team below 900 rep.

I've not seen one below 1050 yet, haven't been going 6 hours though. 5 more reloads and then I'm either making a decision with what I've got or I'm going to ask nicely for a Chippenham save as they're only 30 mins up the road from me.

This is the way it should work:

1. go on holiday to the 23rd of June.

2. Save.

3. Holiday 1 day to the 24th of June.

4. If the desired club doesn't pop up, reload the save.

5. Repeat 3 and/or 4.

Just to add to this but I'd make sure you save at 00:00 on the 23rd or possibly some time in the morning at the most. I noticed on my save when reloading that my first attempt kept giving me the same 6 teams and I'd saved it around 19:00 on the 23rd so the game must do some hidden process for the next season late in the day on the 23rd. Once I used an earlier save to holiday again back to the 23rd the teams kept generating differently each time.

===

Good luck to everyone. I think my season could be going to the formula of others with a good start followed by a bad patch. Nice to see the first season completed as well and some other Chippenham players.

I'm in!

In Football Manager 2011 i reached the Premier League with Bedford. I didn't manage to play more than a couple of seasons in the Premie league before the demo for 2012 was out. I will try to complete the challenge in the new version.

I present to you the new manager of Bedford Town: Muggert

By the way. Has anyone here had any problems using the save screenshot feature of the game? When in windowed mode the game crashes when i use it. When in full screen the saved screenshot turns green and shows a double screen?!

is it even possible for a team below 900 rep to appear? I'm wondering ifIm wasting my time trying for a stocksbridge save

Its possible, but I would assume its very very rare. Im not sure if anybody has a seen a team under 900 this thread so far.

By the way. Has anyone here had any problems using the save screenshot feature of the game? When in windowed mode the game crashes when i use it. When in full screen the saved screenshot turns green and shows a double screen?!

Hm I would post it in the bugs forum.

Ah MikaelS, I remember your epic Chippenham saves! What tactic will you be going for this year?

hehehe I'm glad someone remembers :)

I haven't decided on a tactic yet, all though the layout of the tactics is pretty much the same as the last 2 years. 4-4-2 and then just change the strategy a bit. I've found setting it to 'control' works wonders :)

I seem to be having a slightly easier experience than most. My board wouldn't let me have a trial day but I've managed to convince them to get a parent club... unfortunately the best we could get was Aldershot but hey, better than a kick in the jewels, right?

I noticed on my save when reloading that my first attempt kept giving me the same 6 teams and I'd saved it around 19:00 on the 23rd so the game must do some hidden process for the next season late in the day on the 23rd.

This is correct. It is to accommodate the new Season Summary feature that lists which teams have been promoted to the lowest playable division (Season Summary gets generated late on the 23rd, i.e. last day before the reset). Coincidentally this is very convenient when checking who's gone up for this challenge - just go to England > Season Summary on the 24th and scroll down to "Regional Premier Divs" and there they are, all 6 promoted in a neat list. :)

My computer crashed last night and i lost nearly a month (autosave was set at a month) i had got 9 points from 4 games and lost in the 2q of the FA cup. Replayed this morning and managed just 1 point from the league games but i won the fa cup match. Not sure which i would have wanted given a choice especially as i went out in the 4q of the fa cup.

I am in nov and suddenly i find i can sign some decent youngsters released from the prem clubs, signed up a 17yo from Liverpool and hes worth 50k, leading L1 potential.

This is correct. It is to accommodate the new Season Summary feature that lists which teams have been promoted to the lowest playable division (Season Summary gets generated late on the 23rd, i.e. last day before the reset). Coincidentally this is very convenient when checking who's gone up for this challenge - just go to England > Season Summary on the 24th and scroll down to "Regional Premier Divs" and there they are, all 6 promoted in a neat list. :)

wow :o thats awesome!

everytime i did it, id have to flick through bsn and bss scanning the list quickly :(

If i get through my FA Cup second round match against Chesterfield I will welcome this team to the Spencer Stadium. 15-1 Odds to beat Chesterfield.... anybody backing me?

Awesome dude! gogogo. Sellout crowd for sure

Lanthal, whats your steam username mate?

Things are looking promising for my Margate side early on. We are sitting nicely in 4th position after 10 games and could possibly finish in the play-offs if things keep going like this. Salisbury are running away with it, winning 9(including thrashing us) and drawing just 1. We are scoring plenty with two good strikers but we are conceding the same amount of goals as relegation teams. God help us if Tamer Tuna(10 goals in 10) gets injured because my backup strikers are very poor.

Nice :) You've taken over Dafuge's job ;)

Next year it will be GreyedOutMan's challenge ;P

Wouldnt dream of it. Dafuge is the master, I am just his servant :thup:

But seriously please do keep an eye on the table for me, because I will definitely miss updates from time to time. If you think i've missed anything, add me on Steam (luke.hearn20) as thats the thing we know we're all almost always on!!

Archived