Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe, yeah, it does look bad, but after a horror show like that, I was furious and venting. I posted (#789 above), then went back and dragged them all into the office the next day and laid down some hard truths. I'm delighted they all (bar star man Mazari) took it so well.

Amazing what this game does to you sometimes. :)

After completing this challenge last year with icelandic side Vikingur Olafsvik (CL Finals' screen and for those of you who speak french and would like to know more, here is my career update), I want to do this challenge again. At first I wanted to take Olafsvik again, but actually they are promoted in 2nd division and therefore non-eligible for this challenge. So.. why not with a club from my home country?

This is how RenG is unveiled as Winterthur FC's new manager.

To make it a bit more interesting, I will follow one simple additional rule: I can only sign players who are Swiss, German, Austrian or Liechtensteiner citizens. As for the players who are not from these countries but already in the squad, I will sell them as soon as possible and if no one is interested in buying them, they will stay until their contracts expires.

I'll post the pre-season update in a few days.

Good luck to everyone!

Good Luck RenG, It makes it even more interesting by signing only certain players IMO. I've found it a nice little addition my save in Norway only being allowed to sign Nordic players. Increases the difficulty aswel, but it does feel more realistic playing this way.

With FM2011 crashing on me all the time I've had to abandon my dafuges challenge game with Ashton, it's also about time that I got into FM2012 and with less free time I've decided to give Gundo's challenge another go, I did try a few versions back but only got a few seasons in with LASK in Austria, so I have decided to return to Austria (it's a nice small league so is quicker to progress through seasons) and taken charge of SV Austria Salzburg who are the AFC Wimbledon of Austria - formed back in 2005 when Red Bull took over the original Austria Salzburg side.

Though there does appear to have been a few changes to Austria since I was last there, the First Divison mostly play Tues then Fri and then have a week off for some stupid reason, they also don't have a reserve team/league and you cannot have any overage players in the U19's (not even for friendlies) that makes getting squad players match fit rather difficult, they also seem to have made it nearly impossible for players to gain second nationality - you need to be in the country for 5 years continuously and have a certain amount of appearances for the club (how much I have no idea) - which is a bit of a problem in the first division as you can only field 3 foreign players, it is less of a problem in the Premier Division where you are limited to 7 non-eu, though the Premier Division has a wage cap of 50% of turnover so hopefully wage demands are less demanding than in FM2011. On the plus side you can field trialists in the league and cup which makes for some nice free squad players.

Couple of general questions anyone know if it's possible to get your assistant to stop reminding you about match prep, apart from letting him take control of it? And what happened to the option to get your assistant to find some players to loan?

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2021

Well I'm officially Norways top boss, after winning the Norwegian manager of the year award.
:)
It was achieched for guiding Sola to the semi final of the cupen and to a runners up finish in the Tippeligaen. Although still miles behind big money Brann, it's a huge improvement and part of me isn't expecting to get past them anytime soon. Norway now has two CL places thanks to Brann's decent form in Europe, So we'll make our Champions League debut next season, albeit in the qualifying rounds first. Highlight of the season included a league double over Rosenborg.

The Players

Godwin Bossman
- Left for Vålerenga at the start of the season after my chairman accepted a 2.7m offer for him.
:(

- Below par season in the top flight again for Sindre again and made numerous sub apps.

-
Bargain capture from Molde for 65K, finished top scorer easily and now has a string of clubs chasing him.

- The captain dominated yet again and will be hard to keep at Sola.

- This young guy has lots of potential and was signed to replace the Bossman, didn't think he'd have as big of an impact so soon though, simply outstanding. He also won Norway's young player of the year award.

Nationality count Jan. 2021

Norwegians

Swedes

Danish

Finnish

Average attendance:

Next season:
Finish second in the league again and maybe win the cupen.

SK Brann Tycoon Watch

Dominated Norwegian football again by winning the Cupen for the second season running and the league for the fourth consecutive year.

Got the the knock out stage of the CL before being dumped out by Lyon. Currently going strong in this years competition. They only spent 18.5M this capaign, down on last year.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement| Top Scorer (Lge)        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)        
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9)       
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16)      
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)     
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)     
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (13)   
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2nd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8)  
2019    |  Adeccoligaen      |    1st     |        -        | Final    | Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (18) 
2020    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Antti Lempinen (8)
2021    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |        -        |   Semi   |            | Joakim Aaland (18) 

Follow my progress on twitter.

Very impressive Gundo, congrats for the 2nd place! Your players are looking very good, specially Ström with his 20 in jumping, this is something I wish my defenders had..

As for Bossman, there's a tip for you, up to you to use it or not: to prevent the chairman for accepting bids, you have to prevent clubs to make bids for players you want to keep. The best way to do that is to set the asking price very high (like €100M) so even if clubs are chasing one of your players, they will not make offers.

150px-R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

Biscotti's Belgian Adventure | RFC Liége | Belgian Pro League | 2017/18 Season

League: 6th (Championship group 4th) | Past Positions (Predicted 10th)

European Places Playoff Final

Belgian Cup: Qtr Finals (4-1 agg vs. Genk)

Transfers

A considerably more stable season, with Felipe being the only first choice player to leave the club - and for a fee that was impossible to refuse. Out league season was basically the inverse of our previous two, with a dodgy start followed by a terrific second half of the season. Getting into the championship group was a little tight, but we arrived there as the in-form team, going on to lose only 3 of the additional 10 games and push our way up to 4th. A pretty straightforward playoff final means we're off to Europe for next season :D

The squad

GK: Katsudi Amoedo

DL: Christoph Herrmann

DR: Mikhail Ryazantsev

DC: Fazli Kocabaş

DC: Adama Diaouné

MC: Cristiano

MC: Jore Trompet

MC: Gilmar

ST: Mikel

ST: Ali Sobhy

ST: Mike Spaan

Another tactical change about a third of the way into the season seems to have worked wonders. As a result, Sobhy actually had a pretty good season claiming second in the Pro League Top Scorer award. His 2 supporting strikers were only here on loan from parent clubs, so I doubt I'll be able to count on them again and so will be looking to either get some additional support up front or maybe give much more pitch time to Noé Peter (See Neppo's youth thread for details on him).

Goal for this season is to make the Euro Cup groups and once again qualify for Europe.

[b]Biscotti's Belgian Adventure[/b]

Season	League		Position	Cup		Europe		Coefficient Rank	Belgian Pro League Rank
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	3rd Div A	1st		6th round	N/A		N/A			15th
2013/14	2nd League	4th		5th Round	N/A		N/A			17th
2014/15	2nd League	1st		6th Round	N/A		N/A			13th
2015/16	Pro League	9th		7th Round	N/A		N/A			18th
2016/17	Pro League	9th		7th Round	N/A		N/A			13th
2017/18	Pro League	6th(4th)	Qtr Finals	N/A		N/A			15th

logo_0078_01.png

Balatonlelle SC - 2012/13 Season

Media Prediction: 14th

Final Position: 1st (Positions Graph)

Obviously couldn't have asked for a better end result, but it should've been so much easier. At the halfway point we were 7 points clear, but when we got into bad runs of form it was very tough to get out of them. The reason I chose the West Division II instead of the East was because in the previous season, the promoted team went up with 48 points, this left me thinking that it could be a lot easier to get promoted if we signed some good players, due to how tight the league seemed. Of course this was not the case as half the league bettered Tatabánya's total from last year.

Squad

Was given a decent sized wage budget of over £8k to work with, I knew the more I used the more I would cripple the club's finances, but had to take the chance if I wanted promotion. Ended up using over £5k of it and only kept 4 or 5 players from the original squad, who were arguably my best players as well. Had decent cover in just about every position, although stamina was a constant problem.

Cups:

Hungarian Cup (lost 0-1 to Debrecen in the 4th Round)

I wanted to have a good run in the cup to raise some well needed funds, but when we were drawn against Debrecen I was fairly sure we'd be going out. In the game itself we actually had a few good chances but didn't convert any. After we went down to 10 men they piled on the pressure and got their only goal, safe to say I was gutted. The cup was eventually won by Kaposvár, who also won the league.

Best Eleven:

Gábor Kutasi - Both of my goalkeepers weren't exactly solid, but he was better than Jan Michael Williams who was somehow the highest rated player in my squad.

István Baranya - Again he wasn't as highly rated as my other right back Attila Balogh, but he kept his starting place because Balogh never seemed to finish again, either because he was severely fatigued, getting sent off or getting injured.

Péter Czipó - He was my first signing, very solid centre back. He was injured for 3 weeks at one point in the season and we really struggled without him.

Péter Németh - Not as solid as Czipó but a mainstay in my team.

Máté Dudás - Easily my most problematic position was left back, he was the best of a bad bunch.

Zsolt Ábel - I rotated a bit at defensive midfield, but he was my best DM overall.

András Horváth - Our most creative midfielder, was always popping up with vital goals and assists.

Szilveszter Ágoston - Was at the club before I came, very solid player, had a bad injury which kept him out for a good while and it was tough to replace him.

Károly Galgóczi - Another player who was originally at the club, had a flying start to the season but couldn't maintain form, ended with 18 goals in 31 games, also chipped in with 12 assists.

Máté Stilet - The star man, took over in terms of form from Galgóczi and finished the season with a whopping 29 goals in 31 games.

Péter Petronovics - Last player who was originally at the club to regularly start, wasn't playing regularly at the start of the season but pushed his way into the team, ended up with a brilliant 17 goals in 22 starts, along with a very helpful 11 assists.

[b]Season    League                        Position    Points    Notes
[/b][url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge™?p=7533350&viewfull=1#post7533350"]2012/13[/url]   Hungarian Division II - West  1st         68        Promoted    

royalsprimontcomblain.gif

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2021-22 Season

League : 1st | Progress chart | Fixtures

Championship playoff : Winner | Fixtures

Belgian Cup : Winners

Champions League : Q-Final | Group | Fixtures

Transfer report

As predicted, quite a lot of movement outwards, but the most significant is perhaps the least obvious. I've only mentioned Ando Avisoa in passing before, as a future option on the right. As he had already missed his chance to be Belgian home-grown, I saw no harm in letting him get a full season somewhere else. It has paid off in spades, as he had a stellar year at Bordeaux. I might be trying that again with some other players. As for the incomers, the most likely is Josue Garcia, who plays in the same position as Aviso, and will get plenty of domestic action when I'm rotating to keep people fresh for Europe.

Ando Avisoa

Josue Garcia

Season report

The Cup, for a change wasn't dull and easy. It was dull and very easy, we didn't even concede a goal this time.

The league was kept interesting by Brugge's efforts, in particular their main man up front Dione, who helped them to become the first team other than Sprimont to top 100 league goals in a season. I made sure to keep them in their place in the playoff stage.

In the Champions League, we were seeded second this year, and took full advantage of a weak group to top it, and secure an easier 1st knockout round opponent. Schalke must hate the sight of us, as we stretched our record against them to played 6, won 5. In turn, I hate the sight of Inter, and particularly one man, Bilal Dif, who they picked up from Toulouse in the January window. He scored 4 of their 5 goals against us. A very dispiriting loss, as apart from him, I felt we had their measure, and they then went all the way to the final.

Squad report

It is so close. If I had to pick a weakness it would be out wide, as both Cissoko and Munoz, who have owned the wings for the past five seasons, proved themselves to be more Europa League than Champions League this year. Time to find new blood there. The spine of the team is outstanding though, with my 1st choice MC pairing wanted throughout Europe. Marseille, Lyon, Dortmund, Chelsea, both Milan clubs, the list goes on. Hands off boys, they are mine.

Manuel Buzaglo

Ousmane Traore

p.s. Mazari update : A season of niggling injuries kept him down to 33 appearances this season. He still managed 42 goals though. I hope he gets through the 2022 WOrld Cup in one piece...

Short term plan from last season

"Seeded second... decent run". Yes to one, maybe to the other. Losing to the eventual runners-up is good, right?

Short term plan for next season

A world class left winger (and better luck) might be all I need to get there this season.

Other news

Not much here now the facilities are pretty much completed. Sprimont being such a small town is probably stopping our youth recruitment getting any bigger, which is a shame. Liege is only 20ish miles away, but we don't get access to it I guess.

Belgium in the world

Belgium finally lose the dreadful 16-17 season this year, which should mean we leap above both Holland and Turkey into 8th, next targets are Portugal and Russia. That might take some doing though.

Season	Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff
2012-13 3A   1st    4th    N/A         N/A       Promoted as champions     19th             11th           N/A
2013-14 2    3rd    6th    N/A         N/A       2nd in promotion playoff  16th             10th           N/A
2014-15 2    2nd    WON    N/A         N/A       Promoted through playoff  14th             10th           N/A
2015-16 1    9th    S/F    N/A         4th Qual                            11th             10th           N/A
2016-17 1    1st    Final  N/A         N/A       Champions!                10th             11th           N/A
2017-18 1    1st    S/F    3rd in grp  Q/F                                 14th             11th           180th
2018-19 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  WON       Treble!                   12th             11th           78th
2019-20 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A       Euro Super Cup winners    14th             11th           42nd
2020-21 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  Final     Unbeaten in Belgium       13th             11th           29th
2021-22 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A                                 12th             10th           19th

1679ilz.jpg

RenG | FC Winterthur | Season Review 2013/2014

Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers | Squad

Challenge League | League Table - Fixtures | 4th

We did better than expected but the end of the season was disappointing. Until march we were fighting for promotion but Lausanne were too strong for us and we were too inconsistent to reach promotion. The last games saw us drop from the 2nd place to the 4th place and that's what is disappointing since I don't find that Bienne or even Servette were stronger than us.

Swiss Cup | Fixtures | Third Round

Nothing to say here. Bellinzona were playing in the Super League, so just too strong for us. We at least met the board's expectations.

Nationality count

12 Swiss

4 Germans

1 Austrian

1 Italian

1 Belgian

1 Hungarian

Note that this count take only in consideration the first team players. In the U21 squad, there is also one ecuadorian who didn't played one single minute this season and will go away at the end of the season on free. It's the same situation for the hungarian and belgian players in the first team (except they speak german so I allowed them to play for their last season). As for the the italian player, I will try to sell him since his contract expires only in 2015, but if no one wants him, he will stay in the squad until his contract ends.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Season[/TD]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Position

[/TD]

[TD]Swiss Cup[/TD]

[TD]Europe[/TD]

[TD]Notes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2013/2014[/TD]

[TD]Challenge League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Nice to follow everyones progress. Haven't had much time to play lately, so my quest for European success with Tollnes is currently on a halt. Hoping I will get some more playing time soon.

Until then, good luck, all of you.

Well, I started a save! Started a save with Völsungur. I've been there once in real life so that will add some fun to the save. Had to reload like 5 times before I got teams that were any interesting. The other option would be Njarðvík. It literally takes me 3-4 minutes to walk to their ground but decided to go with Völsungur since Njarðvík are the main rivals of the team that I support (even though they play in different divisions), Keflavík in Keflavík (Reykjanesbær) :D. Also takes me about 3-4 minutes to walk to their ground and facilities.

Anyway! Völsungur play at Húsavíkurvöllur in Húsavík a town with nearly 3.000 people. It's a small town in the north coast of Iceland, which is far away from the capital (Reykjavík) and my town, Keflavík.

Here's the manager information, club information and the facilites. The squad is pretty terrible and most players on amateur contracts, will have to get some better players in and hopefully push for at least a mid-table finish.

Wish me luck!

Austria Salzburg – First Division 2012/13 – Season 1

Having taken over SV Austria Salzburg the AFC Wimbledon of Austria our expectations were to avoid relegation with the board giving me a generous wage budget and a not so generous transfer budget. The bookies gave us odds of 20-1 which were too bad.

Reputation wise we started off with 1.5 stars making us the 8th best side in the league, but worst than three non-league sides.

Transfers - Our starting squad wasn't too bad so I didn't need to make sweeping changes instead bringing in some quality first teamers, youngsters (I seem to have raided Klagenfurt of there youth team) and loanees for squad depth.

League Table - After making a good start we spend most of the season in contention for the title and as we broke for the winter break my players were dominating the player stats charts, in the second half of the season injuries started to pile up, though we only dropped down to third thanks to having played three games less than the two sides above us - which saw us drop seven points behind leaders BW Linz however a 2-1 win at Linz saw us narrow the gap to one point with still two games in hand, with the title being won with a game to go at my previous Austrian side LASK Linz's home thanks to a 93rd minute goal.

FA Cup - Didn't go that well getting knocked out in the Second Round by Sturm Graz's Reserve side.

Squad - We played a Standard Balanced 4-4-2 though in the second half of the season I increased the pressing as we were giving teams to much time on the ball.

Existing Keeper Martin Eisl started the season in goal and was solid enough, though his place is being challenged by promising young Keeper Florian Progelhof who arrived on a free after being released by Horn.

In Defence Right Back provided to be a problem position with neither existing player Florian Hirsch nor loanee Marco Foda really impressing, however on the left I had no problems as I brought in the experienced Angolan Luis Delgado on a free who had a good season.

In the centre of defence I settled on two new signings who both had good seasons Manuel Wallner and Manfred Gollner, providing cover was promising existing youngster Fabio Strauss who put in some good performances and Loanee Martin Rodler who did feel in the first half of the season until he decided to start giving away pens for fun and was dropped to the bench for the second half of the season.

On the wings I had two existing players Ingo Enzenberger on the right and Martin Teurezbacher both of whom had good seasons, with Teurezbacher being named fans player of the year.

In the centre of midfield I brought in German Sandro Foda on a free to play as my Defensive Central Midfielder (looks like you need to play 15-20 games to get Austrian Nationality after being in the country for a continous 5 years) partnering him as my Supporting Advanced Playmaker was David Kobylik who was signed for a bargain £18K who ran the strings until injury saw him miss nearly half the season (which was also when we lost form), covering him was promising youngster Julian Hobel who put in some fine performances.

Upfront I signed Rexhe Bytyci for £1K who lead the line as my Poacher and finished the season as the leagues top scorer with 17 goals. Providing support in a Deep Lying role was Marko Vujuc who had a solid enough season, however he lost his place to Croatian Darko Bodul who was brought in on a free in the second half of the season and is highly rated though he did start slow but redeploying him as a Trequartista saw his performances improve.

Best XI - About right I'd say, though Wallner didn't really impress at rightback.

Team of the Year - Saw Teurezbacher and Bytyci selected.

Finances were looking rather comfortable until it was announced that the squad bonus would be £375K putting us well into the red and screwing us for the forthcoming season :(

Season Summary - Bytyci grabs top goalscorer and signing of the season.

Competition Ranking - The Austrian Premier Division becomes the 23rd best competition in Europe, whilst we become the 14th highest ranked Austrian side.

So the plan for next season is to not get relegated which should be fun considering I don't have any funds to reinforce the side :(

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Average Attendance %    Achievements            
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        First Division             1st                 97                 Champions - Promoted

I started this save a week or so ago, here's my starting profile, and underneath is the first reason report. ;)

FK Macva Sabac - 2012/13 End of Season Update - First League

First of all, survive...

League (Positions) : An interesting campaign to be honest, we started off really well, but we never had any real consistency throughout. The 3 month winter break (yes 3 months :eek:) really hit us hard, we only get 1 win in 10, and that took us out of any realistic chance of getting promoted. A nice finish to the season got us up to 5th, but the middle of the table is so tight that pretty much any team next season could make a promotion push.

Cup : Teams promoted to the First League don't enter the cup for some reason, hope to make a good run at it next year though.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Some transfers were done before I joined because of the late reset date, and I had a large amount of faith in the initial squad. Also the highest scorers in the league, but the defence needs working on (the worst defence of the teams that stayed up).

Player of the Season : Boris Zivanovic - AML

Joint top scorer in the whole squad from the wing, along with the highest average rating, and remarkably one of the few players in the squad not wanted by another club.

Finances : Barely making a profit on the first season, hopefully a good run makes a decent return.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened so far:

Euro 2012 Final - Spain 0-1 Italy (who had beaten Croatia and Belgium in the semis respectively)

Champions League Finals:

2012 - Barcelona 1-0 Inter

2013 - Barcelona 0-1 Man United

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

FK Macva Sabac - 2013/14 End of Season Update - First League

Step 2: Promotion...

League (Positions) : Much better second year around, although it did take us a few games to get going. A period of 6 wins on the bounce just before Christmas put us in the driving seat for the second half of the season, but a late dip of form (2 points from 4 games) put us back in the chasing pack. 5 wins on the bounce gave us promotion with a game left, but we inexplicably lost to Teleoptik (who finished 12th) to lose the chance of winning the title.

Cup : A nice run of all away games, including a victory at reigning SL champions Rad in the first round.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Still yet to get a good enough squad to implement my full rotation policy that I like to do, but luckily I avoided any long injuries to first team players. Transfer policy is that of one-out, one-in since that's the only way to stay within the wage budget.

Player of the Season : Filip Djuraskovic - ST

Top scorer in the league (after being joint-top club scorer last year) made this a pretty easy choice this season.

Finances : Well playing 4 away cup ties negated any chances of making a good financial return there, and the wage bill rose a lot compared to last year. Hopefully we can fill more than 28% of the ground in the top flight though (worryingly that was the 2nd highest percentage of the entire league).

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season:

2014 World Cup Final: Croatia 0-1 Spain

2014 Champions League Final: Chelsea 2-0 Man United

History

2013-14: FL - 2nd

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2024 - Norwegian Premier division

CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!

Forgive me father, it has been a while since my last update.:)

Looks like we have fastened a tight grip on the domestic league now. We were never in danger of losing the title, and in the end we won quite comfortably.

Unfortunately we didn't manage a good cup run, so what is left for us in Norway is to win the double.

In Europe we went out against Bayern in the last 16, quite narrowly though, so it gives us optimism that we still can compete well in Europe.

The squad is good, but we are still short in some areas. Thanks to our success, the main players have renewed their contracts. That is important.

I have given up signing good norwegians, either they are too expensive or too poor.

And I won manager of the year again.

The team is playing some great football at times. Check out this Arsenal-esque goal. Sorry for the poor resolution.

[video=youtube;bvqWsUk_CCc]

CL-update:

We had to qualify again, but got an easier way because we were the domestic champions.

That qualification pitted us against Levadia Tallin, and then Sturm Graz. They were no match, and it meant we were through to the group stages for the second consecutive year. Still seeded fourth, we knew we would get a hard group.

We were drawn with Liverpool, AC Milan and Valencia.

Managed to beat all of them at least once, Liverpool and Valencia away, and finished second in the group.

The draw for the next round is against Benfica. It is possible for us to get something out of that game. We are not afraid of anyone in Europe.

Best player: We have got ourselves an assist machine in Jamie McLoughlin. 25 assist in one season is fenomenal.

Top scorer: You guessed it. Tomasz Frankowski, keep scoring, and in Europe as well. He is absolutely fantastic.

Economy: Very good. European prize money is pouring in.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 790.000 p/w (630.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 28 mill. Nkr (9 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 5361 (4776)

Players in: 4 (8)

Players out: 6 ( 8 )

Next goal is the double, and getting our hands on the CL-trophy.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)

Yes I am flying through these seasons, only playing 30 games is quite short work really ;)

FK Macva Sabac - 2014/15 End of Season Update - Super League

Survival with apparent ease...

League (Positions) : Well this was a very pleasing yet annoying season at the same time. Pleasing in that we ended up being relatively comfortable in our position once the new signings gelled with the rest of the squad. However, we would have the most inconsistent of performances each week. For example, we managed to beat the 4 teams above us comfortably at home yet also losing at home to Sloboda (8th), Rad (10th) and OFK (11th). Again we scored highly, the 4th highest in the league, but the defence needs working on again if we are to progress higher next season.

Cup : Highlighting out inconsistency further, cruising the first game but not showing up in the next. For those that are keeping count, that's 6 away cup ties on the bounce now.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Note to self: Chairman sells people if they offer anything close to the asking price. Couldn't afford to rotate the squad as much as I would've liked this season due to the depth being of bottom-FL quality nevermind being close to SuperLeague quality.

Player of the Season : Marko Divjak - AMC

I felt uneasy giving this to my top scorer (who got only 8) or any of my defence, due to how bad it was compared to the rest of the top half. Key thing next season is not to sell these calibre of players for nothing but ridiculous amounts of money. ;)

Finances : Thank god for that Jovanovic transfer being in instalments, meaning that we were breaking even in the second half of the season. Ground was on average 55% full so there's room for more revenue to come through too.

2015 Champions League Final: Fenerbache 0-3 Real Madrid. Yes that really is Fenerbache, complete with extra luck on the way to the final.

History

2014-15: SL - 5th

I used to post early on in this thread for my FC Charleroi save, but haven't kept it up after the first few seasons. Right now im in the 2029/30 season, have won the Belgian Pro League for 9 seasons running and have been knocked out of every round of the CL before, most notably last seasons semi-final loss to Real Madrid and the 2024/25 season runners up where I lost to Man United 2-1 in the final after knocking out Valencia, Barca and Real Madrid. I have also won 3 cups and lost several cup finals. Just thought i'd post as i've taken over my 900th game in charge of FC Charleroi, but unfortunately I haven't followed the rules exactly as I've managed Belgium and now England aswell as Charleroi since around 2023, and last season I loaded England, Spain and Italys leagues but i'll still post when (if) something big happens like me winning the CL even though I haven't exactly followed the rules.

I think my challenge to win the Tippeligaen title in the fututre will be very tough indeed, the reason?

In my save in 2015, SK Brann had an Indian Tycoon takeover and since then they have spent a staggering 68.5 million in new players!:eek: That is not including the large number of loan fees they've paid out aswel in securing targets.

Epic challenge competing with that!

Anyone else had anything similar on the domestic front?

*Brann 83rd richest club in Europe

There have been rumours for the last half year, but finally something concrete has happened in Belgium, as Romanian businessman Danut Avram has announced a bid for Standard, and pledged 67 Million for new players if he's succesful. Bearing in mind Standard are likely to cost 40 Million, and are currently over 100 Million in debt, he'd better have extremely deep pockets.

They haven't won a single trophy since the Belgian Cup in 2014, but their infrastructure is great, having moved into a 36573 all-seater stadium just 4 years ago, so all they need is players. I'm not scared (much).

EDIT : Just checked world finances, and Sprimont are 25th, Standard are 94th, Anderlecht 100th. I'll update further (assuming the takeover works) at the end of this season (2022-23, approaching christmas).

There have been rumours for the last half year, but finally something concrete has happened in Belgium, as Romanian businessman Danut Avram has announced a bid for Standard, and pledged 67 Million for new players if he's succesful. Bearing in mind Standard are likely to cost 40 Million, and are currently over 100 Million in debt, he'd better have extremely deep pockets.

They haven't won a single trophy since the Belgian Cup in 2014, but their infrastructure is great, having moved into a 36573 all-seater stadium just 4 years ago, so all they need is players. I'm not scared (much).

EDIT : Just checked world finances, and Sprimont are 25th, Standard are 94th, Anderlecht 100th. I'll update further (assuming the takeover works) at the end of this season (2022-23, approaching christmas).

Look forward to it. Brann are still miles apart from the rest in the Tippeligaen and have been competing well with the big clubs in Europe.

corinthiano: Ljubljana are still in the database, but they haven't had a promotion to the Second League yet. Sorry I'm late with this response, as well as my latest update, which will follow shortly.

No worries, cheers for the reply. Unfortunately they cannot be promoted to the Second League in FM12, a shame because I really enjoyed my save with them on FM11. I might come back to Slovenia later though, I found the seasons quick to go by and the set-up of the league really enjoyable. Good luck with Krka and I look forward to your update :thup:

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Season 2019-20 Update

An online game in Russia with a few friends has distracted me from this save in Slovenia, but after finishing off another season today, here's my report on how things are progressing.

No movement in the league this year, but another 3rd place finish is nothing less than I was hoping for. Olimpija and Maribor are going to prove tough to crack, but I'm confident that we'll be able to sneak into the top two in the end.

This season saw Krka participate in a fourth consecutive domestic cup final, but after a pretty one-sided match with Maribor, we lost for the second season in a row.

Europe turned out to be another case of déjà vu. The third qualifying round was all we could manage in the Europa League, just as in the two previous seasons. Antalyaspor of Turkey were our downfall this time.

|| Table | Graph | Cup run | Europe ||

Last summer was one of our quieter ones transfer-wise. Only three players came in, whilst three more left. The most notable departure was Tim Ceh, one of my personal favourites to have played for my Krka team. He refused to agree terms, and went instead to Rudar Velenje, a team still stuck in the Second League. Strikers Mitja Plahuta and Miha Kokol were brought in as replacements. Rok Ribic was our other acquisition in the summer, whilst youngster Abdou Bah joined in November.

January saw the signing of Filip Pospisil, a player I've been tracking for a while now, to cover for defence. However, a shock bid of £625K from Olimpija for Hakob Darbinyan, a defender I only signed a season or so ago, was accepted by my board above my head. Hakob moved swiftly on. This made my signing of Pospisil all the more important. We took Rok Buzeti in the other direction, to play right-back.

The end of the season came, and APOEL too made a £625K bid for my other centre half, Szabó, who I signed during the other summer along with Darbinyan. Again, the board intervened and Szabó chose to leave. It gave my bank a nice boost, though. I've made a few signings so far in this transfer window, but I'll cover them next year.

|| Transfers | Squad ||

Player of the season: Stevan Bajic - The midfielder was consistently on the team sheet, and he chipped in with 5 goals and twelve assists. Progressing.

Top Goalscorer: Mitja Plahuta - Came in at the start of the season, and has netted 25 goals in all competitions. Impact.

Player to note: Ivan Pacak - The 21 year-old is spending time out on loan at Krsko, but I hope to have him playing for us regularly as soon as possible. Potential.

|| Finances | Boardroom | Confidence ||

The board now allow me to scout wherever I please, after I gave them the 'Look at everything I've done for the club' line. This could be key to any success in Europe I might have.

Next season: I say it every year, but surely we must be able to hit the group stages of the Europa League?

|| Season  |          League           |  Position  |  Europe  |       Cup       |       Achievement     |    Top Scorer       ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| 19/20   |  Slovenian First League   |   3rd/10   | EL 3rd Q |    Runners-up   |           -           | Mitja Plahuta (25)  ||
|| 18/19   |  Slovenian First League   |   3rd/10   | EL 3rd Q |    Runners-up   |           -           | Gregor Sculac (24)  ||
|| 17/18   |  Slovenian Second League  |   2nd/10   | EL 3rd Q |     Winners     |   Promoted, Cup win   | Goran Zinic (24)    ||
|| 16/17   |  Slovenian Second League  |   4th/10   |    -     |     Winners     |          Cup          | Goran Zinic (21)    ||
|| 15/16   |  Slovenian First League   |   10th/10  |    -     |    2nd Round    |       Relegated       | Miran Cavnik (11)   ||
|| 14/15   |  Slovenian Second League  |   1st/10   |    -     |    1st Round    | Promoted as Champions | Tim Ceh (15)        ||
|| 13/14   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |  Quarter Final  |    Highest Scorers    | Mitja Barboric (13) ||
|| 12/13   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |        -        |        Survival       | Mitja Barboric (7)  ||

royalsprimontcomblain.gif

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2022-23 Season

League : 1st | Progress chart | Fixtures

Championship playoff : Winner | Fixtures

Belgian Cup : Winners

Champions League : S-Final | Group | Fixtures

Transfer report

After last season's disappointment, I took a breather, and a long hard look at the squad. Then I sold my first choice AML and replaced him with two AMRs. Except I already had enough at AMR. Oops. I also picked up two promising full backs (Tessier and Decroix) to try and find a long-term solution to that perennial problem. I will no doubt get bored of these two soon enough and sell them as well. The loanees helped feeder club Ronse get promoted to the second league, which should make developing youth slightly better.

Regis Tessier

Remi Decroix

Season report

Domestically, we ran riot. Literally. Hop over to the records thread and have a look at some of the things we did this year. It was freakish. Even more so considering I was rotating backup players in constantly to try and keep the first eleven fresh for Champions League games.

Ah, the Champions League, my old hated friend. The joy from scoring 10 in Prague only lasted as long as the irritating home defeat to Barcelona. We mostly matched them, but a rare Fernandez off day and a sending off cost us. So we tore the group to pieces. Six goals at Juventus, three in the Nou Camp giving us 3 away wins, 19 goals scored. My group. Old friends Schalke came up next and actually beat us for the first time in 7 attempts, but we ground them down at home. Another visit to Stamford Bridge followed, and another six-goal thriller likewise, except we didn't lose 5-1 for a change, and took a 4-2 win back home and finished them off in style. Old Trafford was very scary, and heroics from Ruben Sanchez in goal kept us in it until a goal from a corner gave us something to protect. Alas, 34 year old Javier Hernandez came of the bench to chip Sanchez in the 92nd minute and leave us needing to win at home. We gave it a heck of a go as well, degenerating into some brutish kicking in the second half as it didn't look like going our way, which ultimately, it didn't. At the time of writing, the final has not yet been played, but it's Man. United, a team I didn't lose to this season, against Barcelona, who I beat at their place this season. Touching distance away once more.

Squad report

Very heavily distorted by the actions of one man this year. Eighty goals is just silly. Francisco Fernandez was a weapon of mass destruction in Belgium, and didn't do badly in Europe either. He is basically Gabriel Batistuta, and I've got him for four more years at least. This squad, led by him, is good enough to win the ultimate prize. Bring it on.

Francisco Fernandez

p.s. Mazari update : Another season of niggling injuries kept him down to 21 appearances this season. He still managed 24 goals though. I'm never going to sell him, but he's only just second choice at the moment...

Short term plan from last season

"World class left winger + luck". I'm not sure I managed either of those, but still progressed. So close.

Short term plan for next season

Win the Champions League.

Other news

No news from Sprimont, but Standard have a new, rich owner. Their reputation is now higher than Sprimont's and they've nearly trebled in value to be 26th behind our 24th in the world rich list. Despite the takeover being completed around christmas, they spent no money in January. This summer mght be intersting...

Belgium in the world

Finally, some proper Belgian club success. Newly rich Standard, having come through their Europa League group, ran into Brugge in the 1st knockout round. Astonishingly, Brugge not only beat them, but went all the way to the final. Football throws up funny stories. The last time the Europa League final was held in Scotland (at Celtic Park), Sprimont took it home. The last time the final was held at Hampden Park (2007), Sevilla won.

Sevilla vs Brugge:applause:

Season	Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff
2012-13 3A   1st    4th    N/A         N/A       Promoted as champions     19th             11th           N/A
2013-14 2    3rd    6th    N/A         N/A       2nd in promotion playoff  16th             10th           N/A
2014-15 2    2nd    WON    N/A         N/A       Promoted through playoff  14th             10th           N/A
2015-16 1    9th    S/F    N/A         4th Qual                            11th             10th           N/A
2016-17 1    1st    Final  N/A         N/A       Champions!                10th             11th           N/A
2017-18 1    1st    S/F    3rd in grp  Q/F                                 14th             11th           180th
2018-19 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  WON       Treble!                   12th             11th           78th
2019-20 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A       Euro Super Cup winners    14th             11th           42nd
2020-21 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  Final     Unbeaten in Belgium       13th             11th           29th
2021-22 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A                                 12th             10th           19th
2022-23 1    1st    WON    S/Final     N/A                                 12th             8th            10th

Just about to start this, I decided to play in Finland, looks like an awesome challenge.

Just for clarity's sake, when you say "you can load all players from your selected nation" would that be all players based in Finland, or all players with Finnish nationality?

Heya. Im not looking to play in this challenge but i would like some advice for you. I want to play in a league I've never played in before, and I dont know where to go. I want to manage a club with a half-decent (although not by any means perfect) youth set-up because I want to do Neppo's youth challenge. I don't want them to be a top team in any country, either, although I will probably be looking for a team in a top division (this is not an absolute requirement but I think that's what I want).

Could anyone tell me which country would be the best from these? I want a fun game which is possible but not too easy, and where the Neppo principles (i.e. Give Youth a Chance) will not jeopardise my success too much.

SCOTLAND - was thinking of someone like Inverness CT or perhaps Hearts/Hibs. Would be good to break the Rangers/Celtic duopoly.

ITALY - perhaps Fiorentina, to restore them to former glories?

FRANCE - was thinking of perhaps going with a smaller team here like Nimes or perhaps Metz?

GERMANY - perhaps 1860 Munich or Bochum?

RUSSIA - with all the money in Russian football now, could this be a good place to do it? Who with?

MINOR EURO LEAGUES - Finland? Belarus? Wales, perhaps? I had a good game in FM08 with Linfield in N. Ireland....Even Holland might be fun - there are so many clubs that are always in the top division but never in Europe. Basically, it seems to be just Twente, Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV.

AUSTRALIA - no idea who with, but it just sounds like fun.

CHINA - people keep saying they'll be a big powerhouse in football soon, but will they? Is it worth a try?

SOUTH KOREA - probably the strongest league in Asia? Worth a shot? Also, what happened to the J-League? How come it's not in FM?

BRAZIL/ARGENTINA - has obvious benefits with regards the Neppo thing (i.e. Brazilians are awesome), but would I have the $$$ to keep hold of them for a while? Which teams might be good?

ANY OTHER S.AMERICAN LEAGUE - no idea which would stand out - any thoughts?

MEXICO - no idea about this league, any thoughts?

I would like a country where the squad restrictions are simple and not too restrictive, too. But frankly, somewhere like Brazil, Italy, France, Germany etc does appeal simply because they are likely to produce more decent regens, which is important for Neppo....

Sorry, i know this is a little OT, but I would really appreciate some input. Want to start this evening. Undecided about whether to holiday through the first season to get my first youth intake or not, though....

Thanks Taunton. I'm actually really excited about Brugge and Standard. With Dione firing in goals aplenty at Brugge, and Standard's money, Belgium could really make an impact on Europe and push for higher in the co-efficients. I guess a little more challenge domestically wouldn't hurt either...

FK Macva Sabac - 2015/16 End of Season Update - Super League

The returns of goals, goals, goals...

League (Positions) : A very poor start cost us in the end, as well as the odd annoying away defeat to mid-table teams. Still haven't sorted out the defence though, Red Star conceded only 19 goals this season compared to our 40. Still, EL football next season should be fun.

Cup : :eek: What's that? A home draw? First time in 3 years. Disappointing performance against OFK gives us a target to beat next season.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers (1)(2) : I think there may be two players who have been at the club for more than a season, which in all honestly is quite ridiculous. Again, I would like a feature that stopped chairman interference but oh well...

Player of the Season : Marko Spasojevic - AML

Cracking free signing in the summer, breaking the Man of the Match club-record, collecting the League Player and Manager's Player of the Season as well as the top club scorer from the wing. Must keep hold of him in the summer.

Finances : Lots of transfer income means I can now improve all the club infrastructure in one go. A good Europe run could be very nice next season too.

2016 Champions League Final: Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal. That's Chelsea's 2nd CL in the last 3 years.

History

2015-16: SL - 2nd

Austria Salzburg – Premier Division 2013/14 – Season 2

So after winning promotion to the Premier Division last season and then being nearly bankrupted by squad bonuses the goal this season is to survive, the expectations were to avoid relegation whilst at the same time reducing the wages, the media gave us no chance with odds of 500-1 with us being predicted to finish rock bottom.

Transfers - Not much activity due to a lack of funds with German midfielder Kapsa and Uruguay Winger Ortega arriving on pre-arranged transfers whilst my other activity was limited to a couple of promising youngsters, sales wise I got rid of several overpaid squad players and attempted to loan out anyone not in my match squad as I fought to reduce our outgoings.

League - We finished in a nice comfortable mid-table position, we were in no danger of relegation as Kapfenberger were awful, what was interesting was our contrasting home and away form - we did have the best home form in the league until the last few games when I fielded youngsters and players with the lowest bonuses to save money - after eight games our home form read played four, won four scored 10 conceeded zero, whilst our away form read played four, lost four, scored zero, conceeded 10. Our performance in the league was impressive considering we are truly outmatched - despite filling our stadium our average attendance is just over half of the next team, as is the salary that we are paying.

FA Cup - We also embarked on a cup run this season making it to the Semi-Final where an awful first half ended any hopes of getting to the Final.

Squad - I kept faith with the same 4-4-2 formation, though for away games I experimented with different formations to try and pick up some away points without much sucess.

In goal Florian Progelhof got the rod and but in some good performances, however a couple of drops in form and an injury that ruled him out for the last month of the season saw Martin Eisl play the same amount of games as him.

In defence we had major problems thanks to a lack of funds I couldn't really bring in any reinforcements - at left back was the aging Luis Delgado who had a good enough season providing cover was a promising young Dane Ole Jensen who was brought in on a free youth contract after being released by AaB who made a good start before getting injured.

In the centre of defence I brought in promising Finnish youngster Johannes Nordstrom who initialy started out at right back as I had a lack of options but that didn't suit him so I moved him into the middle where he started to put in some good performances before he broke his leg that ruled him out for half the season, then on his return he torn a calf muscle and will be out for another six months :( This left me to turn to Manuel Wallner and Manfred Gollner who were solid enough for the most part, providing cover was Fabio Strauss who put in some good performances again as did Academy prospect Sascha Mazur.

At right back with a lack of options I gave youngster Andreas Unger a chance and he took it putting in some excellent performances that also saw his value shoot up.

On the right wing I had two youngsters Manuel Schuttelkopf and Ivan Rezic both of whom put in some excellent performances, on the left was highly rated Uruguayan Jorge Ortega who I'd snapped up for £80K in the first season (after his agent or my assistant had recommended him to me) but had to wait until he turned 18 to join.

In the centre of midfield I snapped up promising German Mateusz Kapsa for a club record £100K to play as my Defensive Midfielder, in the Playmaker role we had a few problems David Kobylik didn't prove to be good enough for this level so highly rated youngsters Markus Klotz and Florian Grillitsch were given some games, I did have a quality Dutch Midfielder on trial for a couple of months but we no money to offer him a contract he went back to Holland in Jan.

Upfront I broke the bank (shows how good he is as my board actually gave me some money to sign him) to snap up Spanish Striker Emilio who had been released by R. Madrid and he hit the ground running, with the arrival of Emilio Rexhe Bytyci dropped into the support role where he continued his good form and ended up being the second topscorer in the league he was also named fans player of the year and named in the Premier Division Select XI, this also saw Darko Bodul drop to the bench, I also gave a couple of games to Academy prospect Vlatko Donev.

This season I promoted two new Academy players Right Back Reinhard Schneider and Striker Lars Kunisch who both have 5 star potential.

Best XI - I'd sort of agree with that, though I'd disagree with Fink he was only on trial and didn't make that amount of appearances, whilst Foda's appearances were nearly all sub appearances.

Overall XI - Suffers the same problem as well.

Awards wise we were named the best team whilst I was Runner-up for Manager of the Year.

I was also offered my first job - that of England U21 Manager.

Finances - are not good at all, and to make matters worse the planning permission has been rejected for a new stadium that I didn't even know the board were planning.

Reputation wise we become the 12th best Austrian side.

Europewise Austria move upto 13th in the rankings meaning we are just one place off getting a group spot.

So the plan for next season is to again survive and just as importantly get the club out of the red so we can start improving the team.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements            Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        First Division             1st           Champions - Promoted          14 (2/3)
2013/14        Premier Division           6th                                         13 (2/3)

I've successfully travelled around the globe finishing each challenge, although I haven't updated America/Asia, but I have screens to prove it. So after FC United, Dromara Village, Castellon, Vancouver and Gold Coast United, I've decided to come back to Gundos. My plan is to see how many countries I can knock off before FM13 comes out. I'm starting with Ukrainian team Girnyk Kryvyi Rih. I'll try keep the updates flowing.

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Season 2020-21 Update

Things are progressing quite nicely at Krka, a poor start to the season prompted me to abandon a formation that had served me well for a good few years, and opt for two wingers instead. This worked well, pushing us up the league to 2nd; a position which we maintained for the whole of the season. Olimpija led a late charge to try and take the runner-up spot from us, but could only come within 3 points. Maribor were crowned champions.

The cup saw us progress to the final once more, but we made it a hat trick of defeats - this season it was Maribor who pipped us to both domestic competitions.

The Europa League's third qualifying round again proved too difficult for us, and it was Legia of Poland who dumped us out. Finishing 2nd in the league allows us to enter the competitiong at the 3rd Q. Round immediately, so hopefully the draw will be kind. There is a chance we will be seeded this year, I think.

|| Table | Graph | Cup run | Europe ||

Transfers this season saw more players bought than sold, with Nenê, Alex Jaramillo, Aljosa Krajnc and Babacar Camara all becoming key players. The signing of Camara was particularly important, as we have no other natural left winger. Krajnc left the club only 6 months later, after Olimpija threw £775K at my board, who accepted on my behalf. Given that we signed him on a free, it was quite a nice piece of business.

Ladislav Adamek came in during the January window, after Gregor Sculac departed for Sparta Rotterdam via his £88K foreign club release clause (an annoyance to say the least). I am, however, excited about Adamek, despite the shocking nature of his finishing so far.

Reserve keeper Tadej Cipot requested contract termination, was given it, and Kristjan Lipovac came in as a replacement. He is now unhappy. Shame.

|| Transfers | Squad ||

Player of the season: Babacar Camara - He came in for £10K and has been superb. His 19 assists from 33 games are supplemented by a tidy sum of 9 goals, making Camara a useful player to have at the club. More to come from him, I hope.

Top Goalscorer: Filip Pospisil - I'm even shocked at this one. A closely contested award, with goals coming from all angles this year, but a centre half has actually won top goalscorer. And his partner, Nenê, came third. They collected 16 and 13 goals respectively.

Player to note: Roberto Acosta - He's had a slow start at the club but the 21 year old is finally starting to come into his own. Fierce competition for two striker spots will make things challenging for him, but I hope he can flourish in the coming seasons.

|| Finances | Boardroom | Confidence ||

Training facilities will be done by October, meanwhile, the fans are going mental that I've just spent £300K on a right-back. I never did replace Krajnc properly, though.

Next season: Challenge for the title. I'm not going to bother hoping for group stages of Europe, it evidently will never happen.

|| Season  |          League           |  Position  |  Europe  |       Cup       |       Achievement     |    Top Scorer       ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| 20/21   |  Slovenian First League   |   2nd/10   | EL 3rd Q |    Runners-up   |           -           | Filip Pospisil (16!)||
|| 19/20   |  Slovenian First League   |   3rd/10   | EL 3rd Q |    Runners-up   |           -           | Mitja Plahuta (25)  ||
|| 18/19   |  Slovenian First League   |   3rd/10   | EL 3rd Q |    Runners-up   |           -           | Gregor Sculac (24)  ||
|| 17/18   |  Slovenian Second League  |   2nd/10   | EL 3rd Q |     Winners     |   Promoted, Cup win   | Goran Zinic (24)    ||
|| 16/17   |  Slovenian Second League  |   4th/10   |    -     |     Winners     |          Cup          | Goran Zinic (21)    ||
|| 15/16   |  Slovenian First League   |   10th/10  |    -     |    2nd Round    |       Relegated       | Miran Cavnik (11)   ||
|| 14/15   |  Slovenian Second League  |   1st/10   |    -     |    1st Round    | Promoted as Champions | Tim Ceh (15)        ||
|| 13/14   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |  Quarter Final  |    Highest Scorers    | Mitja Barboric (13) ||
|| 12/13   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |        -        |        Survival       | Mitja Barboric (7)  ||

FK Macva Sabac - 2015/16 End of Season Update - Super League

With a whole lot of luck...

League (Positions) : Last season it was the failure to get points when we played poorly which cost us, this season it was almost getting points when we deserved more that would do the same. After taking a few games to separate from the rest of the pack, it soon become a 2 horse race between ourselves and Red Star. After losing the home game 1-0 to them, we had to settle on them slipping up somewhere along the way. However, our stumbles seemed to be simultaneously throughout the second half of the season.

With us falling behind due to our Europe commitments, we had a mad schedule in the last 3 weeks to finish on time. After losing one of these catch-up games (away to Partizan) we needed a miracle on the last day to secure the title, with us needing to win at 5th placed Proleter, whereas Red Star would need to stumble to 4th placed Vojvodina. We did our bit, and somehow so did Vojvodina. So the title was won by 2 points, and CL football will be played in Sabac next season :D

Cup : I set out a target to reach the final this season, and we didn't disappoint. Annoyingly Red Star lost on penalties in the Semis and so a thrashing of Spartak in the final had to be suffice.

Europa League : The plan was to get a taste of European football so we won't be overawed when playing the big boys next year. However, after sneaking through the qualifying rounds (the goal that put out Twente was scored in the last 25 mins of the tie) we then shocked some pretty large names in the group staged. AS Monaco, Fenerbache and AZ Alkmaar were all defeated at home, as well as a tight win in Turkey, which somehow saw us win the group based on our head-to-head record with the Dutch side.

From now on it was just a case of who else could we could we beat, and the answer was apparently nearly everyone else. Bremen were destroyed in Germany before also going down in Serbia. Next up were Arsenal who after playing a weaker side than normal were punished by losing at the Emirates 3-2, before their first choice side could only get a 1-1 draw in the 2nd leg. Onwards to the Quarters we went, were Stuttgart were dispatched without any real alarms (probably the weakest team we'd played since Twente back in the qualifying rounds). The Semis though, were a different matter. We were massively outplayed in Madrid, and were lucky to only come away 1-0 down. The second leg though was a case of a lack of composure costing us, 2 counter-attacking goals putting us out 3-0 on agg.

Atletico would then go on to lose the final to Olympique Lyonnais 3-1, which was theire 2nd consecutive title.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Add in 2 signings that happened before the reset date (Vojvodic to Kyiv for £1.8m and Simunovic to Young Boys for £2m) means around £30m in total transfers through, although not all upfront. Most of the squad are contracted through past next season too, meaning I won't have a fire sale in January (hopefully) to avoid people leaving on frees as I had to this year.

Player of the Season : Branko Stojkovic - ST

Sold the Earth twice to keep him at the club long-term (his wages are around 40% of the club's total salary) but he's more than worth it. Just waiting for him to dominate on the international scene now.

Finances : More than £20m coming in is more than handy this season, as another round of facility improvements can happen. And to think I've got CL money to come in from next season too. :cool:

Although the shareholders dividends have started to take affect in a less than impressive way.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

I updated in the middle of the Euros last season; Germany winning the final 1-0 over England. Switzerland and Sweden were surprise Semi-Finalists.

2017 Champions League Final: Real Madrid 0-1 Man Utd. That's now 4 English winners in the last 5 years.

Good news for Serbia as a whole, as due to our EL run and Red Star getting to the last 16 of the CL; Serbia rised to 12th in the nations list, which means that next season there'll be 2 CL places up for grabs including 1 in the group stages.

9 of my first-team squad were part of the Serbia U21 squad which got to the Semis of the Euro U21 Championship in England, losing to eventual champions Italy.

In the Confederations Cup, Spain beat Japan 2-1 in the final. Hosts Russia finished 3rd, beating Honduras 3-0.

History

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

Once again, flying through these seasons, and apologies for the double post.

FK Macva Sabac - 2017/18 End of Season Update - Super League

Running away domestically, not much so in Europe...

League (Positions) : The table and position gap is a little bit deceiving, as the gap at the winter break (after 16 games) was only 2 points between ourselves and Red Star. However, we only dropped two points after the break; cantering away to our 2nd title in a row.

Cup : The target this year was to retain the cup with as little effort as possible. With Red Star falling in the 1st round, the path to success was pretty simple. We even got away playing a 17 year old GK in the final, as both first choice keepers had been taken away to the national squad due to the lateness of the match.

Champions League : After our surprising, and also impressive, run in the Europa League last season, my aim was to get to the group and have a good crack at getting some sort of European football in the new year. We cruised through the qualifying rounds, with Derry City and Debrecen being destroyed and Austria Wien also being dispatched.

We got a very tough group stage draw though (probably the second toughest available) of Liverpool, Olympique Marseille and AS Roma. Strangely, it wasn't our home form that was impressive but our away performances; gaining a point at Anfield and wins in Marseille and Rome. This left us able to progress despite losing two out of my three home games. Annoyingly, if had we managed a draw vs Roma in the last game, we would've won the group.

The last 16 draw was slightly kind to us, getting PSG (although Barcelona and Real Madrid had both finished second in their group). We didn't really play well enough in either game to warrant progression. Still a good first attempt to build upon next year.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : A much more stable flow of transfers this year, with the emergence of a few youth graduates taking their chance in the first team. However, both STs are looking to leave in the summer, so there may be more activity next season.

Player of the Season : Abdoulaye Sissoko - AMR

Actually a hard choice this season; since we were easily the class of the league now, the cup was won with minimal effort and our run in Europe wasn't down to anyone in particular.

Finances : Steadily going up, although so is the total salary of the club. With training and youth facilities almost maxed out the next step is to persuade the board to build a new stadium. Whilst I'm at it, I suppose asking them to reduce their dividends could be helpful.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

2018 Champions League Final: Atletico Madrid 1-2 Manchester United. That's 3 CLs in 6 years for Utd, who in those finals have beaten (in order) Barcelona, Real Madrid and now Atletico. I'm sensing a pattern...

Serbia improved one place in the nations list, moving up to 11th. Now that Partizan have qualified for European competition for the first time in 4 years let's hope there's more than ourselves and Red Star pulling the country up.

5 of my first-team squad was picked in the Serbian squad for the World Cup. Unfortunately they got knocked out in the group stage, finishing bottom in a group of Brazil, Russia and Burkina Faso. In the World Cup itself, 4 European teams made the Semi-Finals, with Belgium beating Croatia 2-0 and Portugal beating Italy 1-0. In the final, Portugal won 2-1 due to a 90th minute winner.

History

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

Archived