Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Great work berty1978 on completing the domestic part of the challenge so quickly! :applause:And I thought I ran through the seasons quickly!

Well done continuing the domestic dominance midgetram, I think I'm a way off that yet, Partizan and Red Star are far too strong at the moment... I haven't got the game running at the moment so not sure about how the team is gelling, although I would imagine the high turnover of players I have had recently will have negatively affected this. I also have quite a few players who want to leave to get first-team football.

And welcome to the challenge dj clark boy, Greece could be an interesting challenge as its a tough league domestically, a lot of strong sides in the top flight.

thanks bud cheers enjoying it so far

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i took over the club last season where we were expected to fight off relegation in end we managed to stay well clear of relegation so this season was about trying to rebuild the squad .

league table

past positions

transfers made few but not a lot.

squad in work in progress

Key Player Profiles:

Christos Kalantzistop scorer class.

Petros KonteonSolid season from him

Labros Chaniotisgot few goals in haveing good partnership with Christos.

Career Overview

[b]Season[/b]        [b] League[/b]                     [b]Position[/b]            
2011/12 holiday season
2012/13 Apollon  Greek National B Division        12 
2013/14   Apollon  Greek National B Division   11 

next season

few more buys and should hopefully push for promtion

Thanks Chutney132, the seasons are quick so I run through them pretty quickly. Luckily the missus likes reading, so she's happy doing that while I play FM and watch the Euros. :D

Good start dj clark boy, you're not too far off pushing for a promotion spot. Is there a play-off system there as the 4th placed team went up rather than 3rd?

Thanks Chutney132, the seasons are quick so I run through them pretty quickly. Luckily the missus likes reading, so she's happy doing that while I play FM and watch the Euros. :D

Same here! :thup: She doesn't even mind me waffling about it to her either (although she does have a tendancy of saying 'are you winning?' the moment before I concede... :rolleyes:)

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - 2018 season summary

Handknattleiksf%C3%A9lag_K%C3%B3pavogs.png

Upper League Cup: We were much better in the Upper League cup this season, winning 6 of 7 group games, only a draw at Valur stopping a 100% record. We also scored 21 goals and only conceeded 1, in the draw at Valur. We strolled past Vikingur in the Semi-final beating them 5-1. We were against my arch nemesis KR in the final and in a poor match all round we sneaked past them on penalties.

The final

We also won the Champions Cup

Icelandic Cup:Poor again in the cup as we only managed to get through one round before getting a tough tie at Valur but it was a poor display as we lost 2-0.

Europe:What can I say, unbelievable, I would have been happy getting past a round and then going out and having another crack in the Euro cup. We got a tricky Qual.2 tie against Hungarian champions Debrecen and after drawing the home leg 0-0 I wasn't too confident, however an excellent 2-1 win in Hungary saw us through. We'll surely go out in Qual.3 as we drew FC Copenhagen, somehow we produced a stunning display to win 2-0 in Denmark, though in the second leg they turned up and actually took us to extra time before we scored twice in ET to go through 4-2 on aggregate. This meant we were in the final playoff for the group stages, we were drawn against Polish champions Lech, my plan was to try and shut them out as much as possible. We sneaked a 1-0 home win and went behind in Poland only to equalise meaning they had to score twice to go through, but in a historic night for Icelandic football we held on to the draw to win 2-1 overall.

We probably got about the toughest group we could get, with Bayern, Lyon and Atletico Madrid in our group. Not too much to say here as apart from an 8-1 loss at Bayern we managed to keep the scores pretty respectable and we finished with 6 losses, scoring just the 1 and conceeding 19. The best result was away at Lyon as we were minutes from a 0-0 draw when they scored a very late winner. Final table

League:Amazingly this is the third season running we gained 52 points in the league with 4 draws and 2 losses. This time though we beat KR to the title by 4 points, with the matches between us being shared, losing at KR and beating them at home. Our only other loss was at home to IA Akraness, the fact it was played 2 days after our first ever CL group game against Atletico Madrid didn't help, so I will forgive my players this shock loss, didn't matter anyway.

League table - Graph

Players of the season:

Flemming Kuhn - Another good season from Mr. consistant.

Guido Grotsch - Excellent commanding centre back, who also gets his fair share of goals, all from headers of course.

Bjarni Gíslason - His best season yet for our youth product, sadly though he got a long term injury in the last match before the CL group games started, I'm not sure he has a future at the club as I look to improve the squad.

Seasons best XI

Overall best XI

Squad

Finances - No prizes for guessing we're now extremely wealthy for an Icelandic club.

In other news: Exciting times ahead for the club as firstly the board agreed to upgrade the training facilities and also because of our financial position had the option to turn professional. The board initially rejected but a bit of pushing and they agreed. So as of 2019 we are now professional, and we can scout the whole world.

Season | League - Position |   ULC  |  Cup      |      Europe         |    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2013  | D1 - 2nd          | Groups | 4th round |                     | Promotion
 2014  | PRM - 4th         | Semis  | 3rd round |                     | Overachievers
 2015  | PRM - 2nd         | Final  | Winners   |                     | Euro Qualification
 2016  | PRM - 2nd         | Semis  | Semis     | EC - 3rd qualifying | 
 2017  | PRM - 1st         | Groups | Semis     | EC - 3rd qualifying | Champions
 2018  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| 4th round | CL Group stage - 4th| CL Group stage

Chutney132's Serbian Adventure - Take II

Cukaricki Season 3 - 2015/16

Jelen SuperLiga - 4th!!! Europa League Qualification!!! Record League Finish!!!

Ridiculous. Absolutely Ridiculous. The team were brilliant all year, massively overachieving, including home wins over Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) and Partizan! Still don't score any goals, but shoring up the defence has greatly helped.

Lav Kupa - Out in Second Round vs Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) on pens after 0-0 draw (A) - Really solid performance against a far superior side, but getting this over early doors was still priority, as at the time I was still terrified of that trapdoor...

Player of the Season (both in my eyes and those of the fans) - Dusan Deket. A new hero for the faithful. He's actually been here since before I took over, but this year he came of age. 32 Appearances, 5 Goals, 7 MOMs (a new club record) and an Average Rating of 7.13 were major reasons why we conceded far less this year than last.

Honourable mention for Nemanja Josipovic, who actually (In my eyes at least) had his best year for the club this year. 27 Appearances, 4 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 MOMs and an Average Rating of 7.00 was mainly due to me playing him in a more attacking role in midfield, as I tried in vain to increase our scoring rate.

Season      League               Postion          Cup              Achievements

Partizan (BB)
2012-13    Prva Liga Srbija    15th (of 16)    Didn’t Enter    Sacked after 23 Games

Cukaricki
2013-14    Prva Liga Srbija    1st (of 16)      Didn’t Enter    Champions! Promoted!
2014-15    Jelen SuperLiga    12th (of 16)      2nd Qual Rnd          Survival! 
2015-16    Jelen SuperLiga      4th (of 16)      2nd Rnd         Europa Qual! Record Finish!

Plans for next Season:

1) IMPROVE FINANCES. This is a BIG issue now. I've got £186k in the bank, but if you consider in the last week I have been given 1.2m in sponsorship and chairman loans, thats a concern. Hopefully a (albeit brief) European Campaign will help here.

2) Keep progressing. I seriously doubt our ability to maintain any form of Title Challenge, despite the fact that only Partizan, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) and Vojvodina seem to be miles better than us, I fear the financial restraints will inhibit us this year.

Final Thoughts:

A wonderful season, capped off with the shock (there's no other word for it) of Europa Qualification, sees Cukaricki venture into the unknown next year, and I'm more than looking forward to it! :thup:

My imageshack is playing up, so I'll upload the images from my season tomorrow.

Well done berty1978 on reaching the Champions League group stage! Results aren't (that ;)) important at the moment, just get the experience and get that all important money. Never has the phrase 'Its the taking part that counts' been more apt that in the early years of this challenge! :thup:

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - 2019 season summary

Upper League Cup: We strolled into the Upper league cup final, winning all seven group games and beating Keflavik 5-2 in the Semis. The final was against our rivals KR (who else), and in a tense match as always the score was 1-1 after 90 minutes, but after an excellent extra time where we scored three times we won the ULC again.

We also won the champions cup again.

Icelandic Cup:Better this season, where we scored 16 goals in the first three rounds to make the semis. We were drawn against KR, and in a poor display we were thumped 4-1, we had a number of players on international duty, but that's no excuse really.

Europe:After reaching the group stages last season there was some sort of expectation, however we still had to get through three qualifying rounds again. Luckily after last season we were seeded for the Qual.2 round, and were given what should be an easy draw against Faroese side B36, we didn't disappoint as we went through 11-0 on aggregate. We were seeded again for the Qual.3, and came up against Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia, in a nervy first leg we sneaked a 1-0 home win, but needen't have worried as we won the return leg 3-0. We were not seeded for the last qualifying round and got drawn against FC Copenhagen for the second time in two seasons. After a disasterous first leg we lost 2-0 and I thought it was the Eur groups for us, but then this happened in the second leg, amazing.

We were in the bottom seeds again for the group draw, and got Paris SG, Juventus and Sparta Prague, I was targeting to get some points off Sparta Prague for sure. We got an unexpected draw at Juve in our first group match, and that maybe gave me some false optimism. We pretty much got hammered against Paris SG and the home match against Juve, but two good displays against Sparta Prague, including an excellent 6-1 home win saw us finish 3rd and qualify for the Euro knockout stage. Final table. We were drawn against Greek side Olympiakos with the home leg first, this will be covered in next seasons report.

League:We pretty much strolled the league, I was disappointed to lose four matches, but for some reason FH did the double over us, and we also got our obligitory loss at KR, the only other defeat was the final match when we had long won the title. We did well to score 70 goals too, most coming in the first half of the season when we weren't concentrating on European football. Third title in a row.

League table - Graph

Players of the season:

Flemming Kuhn - Giving him a mention as it looks like his last season because he won't sign a new contract, and he also gained his first Icelandic cap after becoming a citizen (takes 7 years in Iceland).

Georges Kante - Unfortunately another player who won't sign a contract, hence why he's still only on £100pw. :D Plenty of interest in the goalkeeper as I'll look to cash in on him.

Guido Grotsch - Plenty of interest in the centre back but I'll look to keep him as he's happy and got 4 years on his contract. Another excellent season with a few goals to boot.

Andy Deegan - After being able to scout the world I sent a scout to the Asian Nations cup and Deegan was the stand out recommendation, signed him for £80k from Aussie club Blacktown City. Was absolutely immense in the right back position and still only 19, star for the future.

Enrico Weiβ - I've had Weiβ in the team for the last couple of seasons, but made his breakthrough this season as I ditched the narrow formation to play with wingers. Was excellent on the left wing, as he's got pace and dribbling skills and scores a few goals too.

Johannes Kirschbaum - Came into the first team after Gislassons injury effectively ruined his career, and never looked back. Scored 28 goals in all competitions, could and should have been a lot more as he had a disappointing end to the season. Not sure if I really rate him to take us to the next level as we look to improve in the CL.

Jostein Andersen - Did well last season playing as an AMC, but really made the breakthrough as I moved him up as a striker, an excellent return of 33 goals in all competitions proved this. Already interest being shown, mainly from English clubs.

Seasons best XI

Overall best XI

Team report

Finances - After turning professional we're making huge losses on a month to month basis, but are in a fine financial position due to making the CL groups again. I don't think the bank loan will cripple us as we can almost pay it off here and now.

In other news: The board have finally officially announced the plans for the new stadium. It's named after the only legend listed on the clubs info page, I'm now an icon so probably a few seasons too soon to be named after me, boo. The board are also continuing to allow upgrading of the training and youth facilities, and we also now have excellent junior coaching.

Finally, if anyone is interested:

We're up to 209th in the European club rankings.

Iceland is currently 30th in the nation coefficients, slow progress as we're the only side to ever get anywhere in Europe.

Icelandic Premier league up to 80th in the competition rankings.

Season | League - Position |   ULC  |  Cup      |      Europe         |    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2013  | D1 - 2nd          | Groups | 4th round |                     | Promotion
 2014  | PRM - 4th         | Semis  | 3rd round |                     | Overachievers
 2015  | PRM - 2nd         | Final  | Winners   |                     | Euro Qualification
 2017  | PRM - 1st         | Groups | Semis     | EC - 3rd qualifying | Champions
 2018  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| 4th round | CL Group stage - 4th| CL Group stage
 2019  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| Semis     | CL groups - 3rd     | Euro Cup knockout

Union Royale Namur - Gert Fontaine - Season 2 (2013/14)

urnamur2.jpg

Friday 6th June 2014 – Namur Expo Function Room (this time in a slightly larger room)

We may not be champions but we are up! It was a long hard road, fifty-one matches in all, but it has all been worth while!

(A rapturous applause from those present explodes across the packed function room)

Thankyou, thankyou. I am very proud of the team that stands up here before you tonight, this season is their doing. I have been fortunate to have the support of the board in building this team and the players have returned my faith ten fold through this season’s performance. We are very proud to be elevated to the Second Division and we will fight to continue to grow this club. It is overdue that a club from Namur be represented in the Belgian First Division, now we are within reach of our first goal, we can go up again and we plan to give it a real shake!

That’s great Gert. How well can this team compete next season in the Second Division? What I’m saying is will you need to sign more players again next season?

There will have to be some new faces next season, but the nucleus of this team will remain. We are good enough as it is, but we will build because we can. This season it has been well documented that we have changed the way we play football, our squad needs to reflect that, we are playing with wingbacks instead of fullbacks and wing-forwards, we need more central players and less wide players, so our squad will evolve again next season as necessary.

Who were your standouts this season?

Well obvuously Bryan was fantastic up front, Evans Kondogbia played serviceably as his strike partner. Once more the skipper Renan was a rock at the heart of our defence and young Adama was very solid in goals over a long and demanding season.

That all sounds good Gert. Now there weren’t many people in Namur that had heard of Bryan Verboom before this season, he has certainly caught our attention now. What did you know of the young man prior to signing him?

Look Franck, the thing is my scout had been watching Bryan playing for Anderlecht’s youth team and we knew what he could do against those his age, he was a prodigious striker throughout his academy years but we weren’t sure how he would step up to first team football. When Anderlecht chose not to offer him a professional contract we jumped at the opportunity to sign him, I am not surprised how well he has done – after all – we played an attacking brand of football this season so who wouldn’t want to be playing as a striker in our team.

At just twenty-two do you think Verboom can remain at the club or are bigger clubs already circling?

I honestly think Bryan will stay with the club for the three years that remain on his contract at the very least, he is a man of his word and he has firmly assured me that he wants to be part of Les Merles as we move forward. Don’t mistake me, he is a driven young man - reminds me of myself at that age, with a little more talent perhaps - but he wants this club to be successful and this season was just the first step.

On that note we should welcome our 2013/14 Player of the Season… In I’m sure no surprise to you all I am proud to announce that first year player and leading goalscorer Bryan Verboom is your Les Merles Player of the Year!

(A generous and warm applause filters up to the front of the room as the laconic Bryan Verboom joins Franck and Gert at the front of the room)

Congratulations Bryan. What a season for the club and for you personally of course! Here the microphone is yours…

Thankyou Gert. It is you that I thank the most, I have been given a great opportunity at this club and am proud to call it my club. I feel that I have been always capable of this and now I have had the opportunity I can repay your faith in me, so thankyou boss. Now I am only looking forward, I am excited to be playing in the Second Division next season and look forward to being part of this great club as we grow together.

(The Celebrations continued into the night in Namur as supporters, players and the coaching staff dreamed of bigger and better things)

Season 2 Information

UR Namur Squad 2013/14

Third Division A League Table

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2

Transfers

Bryan “Boom” Verboom

Adama Outtara

Evans Kondogbia

Renan Filipe

Belgian Third Division A – 2nd(Promoted to Second Division)

Belgian Cup – 5th Round

Player of the Season – Bryan Verboom

Top Scorer (League) – Bryan Verboom (24)

Most Assists (League) – Bryan Verboom/Thomas Weydisch (10)

Wages: 6800 euros

Balance: -211000 euros

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - 2020 season summary

results1, results2, results3

Upper League Cup: We got KR in our Upper League Cup group and we managed to win 6 and draw at KR to go through as winners. We beat Valur in the semi-final, and managed to avoid KR in the final for a change as we beat IBV 3-0 to win the competition again.

We also won the champions cup with a comprehensive victory over KR, again.

Icelandic Cup:We had an excellent run in the cup, winning the first two rounds 6-0 and 9-0, and then winning at FH in the quarters (FH had beaten us in the league so was some revenge). We absolutely thrashed Valur 6-0 in the semis, the first time we had beaten them by this sort of margin in a competitive match. We avoided KR again in the final as we beat Keflavik 5-2 to finally lift the cup for the first time in 5 seasons.

Europe:First of all we had a Euro Cup knockout round to play, against Olympiakos. We were unlucky in the first leg to only come away with a 1-1 draw at home, meaning we had it all to do. But the second leg was something else, we were outplayed for most of it, but after going 1-0 down we were much better and deserved to take it to extra time. As I was preparing for penalties they scored a winner in the 119th minute. Match.

We easily dispatched Derry City 11-1 on aggregate in the CL 2.Qual round, and played Debrecen again in the next round and we just sneaked through in the end after a poor 3-2 home win but won 1-0 in Hungary. We were drawn against Red Star to make the group stage again, and after an excellent 2-0 win in Serbia we struggled a bit at home but got a 2-2 draw in the end to go through 4-2.

This season we were third seeds for the group draw, meaning we would get one supposedly weaker team. We came out in Paris SG and Inter's group and the final team to be drawn were Olympiakos, who knocked us out in the Euro cup so some sort of revenge would be nice. We started with a 3-0 defeat in Paris, followed by a much better 3-1 win at home to Olympiakos. Then came the matches against Inter, while I was thinking just to stay ahead of Olympiakos to finish 3rd again what followed was amazing. I was more than happy with a 2-2 draw at home to Inter after going ahead twice actually, this then followed, an absolutely staggering 1-0 win in Milan. We then lost 3-1 at home to Paris SG, but we were still hanging on in 2nd place. We were level on points with Inter but a better head to head meant we were currently in the qualifying position. Simple, win in Greece and we were through, basically match or better Inters result. We never do things the easy way and we were hammered in Greece but keeping an eye elsewhere I knew Paris SG were winning and they held on to win all 6 of their matches. Final table, we absolutely squeaked through, I'll admit we were lucky to go through on 7 points but winning at Inter I think we deserve it. Got a plum draw against last seasons overall winners Real Madrid.

League:Only lost once in the league, not against KR but at FH, and only by a single goal so disappointed not to go unbeaten, that will come I'm sure.

League table - Graph

Players of the season:

Osvaldo Fernandez - After being forced to sell Kante, Fernandez came up as a replacement, doesn't matter that he is non-EU as Kante wasn't either so had a slot free. Was immense in his first season, including a man of the match 8.3 rating at Inter.

Guido Grotsch - Another excellent season and scored 10 goals in all competitions, the sort of central defender you want.

Ricardo Grecco - Looks an excellent prospect, signed for £1.5m it was a bit of a gamble but I hope it pays off. Had a good first season.

Enrico Weiβ - Another outstanding season on the left wing from Weiβ, got more than his fair share of assists as well as goals.

Emanuel Peroni - Not to be outdone, it was an excellent season on the right wing for the ex right-back Peroni.

Jostein Andersen - What a season from the Norwegian international, 43 goals in 43 appearances, and a formidable partnership with Sabban.

Esteban Sabban - Took a risk as we smashed the transfer record paying £2.8m for Sabban, and it has paid off already as he is our first player to score more goals than appearances with 44 goals in 42 matches played.

Seasons best XI

Overall best XI

Squad

Team report

Finances - Selling a couple of players and making the CL groups again means we're very secure financially, and the board are continuing to accept my requests to improve the facilities. :)

In other news: We have moved into our new stadium. I haven't set up any home friendlies, so the first team we play in the new stadium is Real Madrid, absolutely brilliant.

2019  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| Semis     | CL groups - 3rd     | Euro Cup knockout
 2020  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| Winners   | CL groups - 2nd     | CL knockout

Been away for a while, nice to see some fresh challengers here.

Berty1978: Great progress in Iceland. Fantastic win against Inter.

haze13: Welcome. Good luck in Belgium.

Chutney132: Nice to see that you didn't give up. Looking good now.

midgetram: I really, really hope that you win that champions league trophy now. You really deserve it.

Well done on qualifying for Europe Chutney132, the first big step, hopefully you can get through a round or two.

Cheers berty1978, and well done on that Inter game! We did alright, got through against San Marinese opposition in the Second Qualifying Round, but then threw away a 2-0 halftime lead at home to Galatasaray in the first leg (lost 2-3) to go out 4-3 on aggregate. Would have been happy with it if it hadn't been for that first leg collapse...

Chutney132: Nice to see that you didn't give up. Looking good now.

Thanks Taunton. I'd be lying if I said that the thought of quitting didn't cross my mind after the first season, but I am really happy I didn't!

Nice to see lots of updates this past week :)

Berty, you're flying through the seasons now. Nice to see you've got the domestic domination almost sorted too now, I find it makes it easier to concentrate on European games if you know you can win most of the league games fairly comfortably.

Welcome dj clark boy, not sure if anyone has done Greece so far. Be interesting to see how dominant the top sides are in the Premier Division since I've never seen anyone bar a few teams qualify for the CL in my save from there.

Good job getting Europe this season Chutney. I think from experience regarding finances, try not and match the wages of the big sides quite yet; not unless you have the attendances to match it. Remember that the top two have easily over 20,000+ attending their games and so can afford to almost spend their way out of trouble if they have to.

Congrats on the promotion haze.13, Verboom looks like a quality prospect too. Hopefully you can get into the top division soon.

Taunton, I'm just hoping it's a matter of time. If the majority of the squad is good enough to win the Euros for the national side, we should be able to luck our way to a CL tile too ;)

And now, time for the next update in the mammoth game.

FK Macva Sabac - 2028/29 End of Season Update - Super League

Football is a cruel, cruel game...

League (Positions) : 2 draws from the first 2 games made me fear that this would be a bit of a pain to get this season. But then we went on a 100% record up to the end of March pretty much sealed the deal once again. So that's 13 titles in a row, tied with Partizan for the most titles since the independence of Serbia.

Cup : When the hardest game of a cup run is away to a non-league side, you know it's a pretty easy run. Hammering Red Star in the final is always a fun way to win a competition.

Champions League : Right, this year's main aim (as for the past few years of course) was to at least make progress this season. An initial group of FC Porto, Fiorentina and Rangers gave us a real opportunity to get top spot in the group stage. However, we inexplicably drew our first 3 games which put is in a must-win scenario for the remainder of the games just to qualify. Luckily we managed to do this, including a 2-1 win over Porto (who did win the competition last season), and so once again got 2nd in the group.

In the last 16, we were incredibly lucky; avoiding Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid, but still managed to draw AC Milan. A poor first hour in the home leg was turned around by the introduction of Galic (more on him later) and managed to somehow secure a 3-2 home win. Travelling to Milan with a slender lead, we set out to get a goal and sit back for the rest of the game. Gaining a 2-0 lead (including a debut goal for Spasojevic) was great, and we were never in any real trouble and progressed 5-2 on aggregate.

In the Quarters however, we couldn't avoid one of the big 4 [Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, Barcelona] and travelled to Catalunya to try and get a decent result to take home with us. I never expected to get a 1-0 smash-and-grab win, which put us in with a real chance of reaching our first semi-final. In the home leg, it was a lot more open than I would've liked, but with a 83rd minute equaliser; Stanic had seemed to have put us through. But there was still more drama to come as up steps a 32 year old squad player for Barcelona to score in added time (90+3') to send them through on away goals. To say I was slightly gutted was an understatement.

We're due a bucket load of luck in this now after the draws we've had and how close we came this season shows we can do it, but I fear time is running out with this squad as if they can't win the CL here there's plenty of big-name European clubs that'll take them.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : With the retirements of Katai and Lekovic - as well as the selling of Jankovic (to Kyiv) and Mladenovic (to Spartak Moscow) which for some reason was put in last year's history - meant that the 25 man squad has now 24 players that are club-grown. Might be a cause for my stagnation in Europe, but I don't want to move away from my 'project' now. Lukovic was finally sold to give Spasojevic more 1st team opportunities, and 13 goals in 12 starts is a pretty good way to back up the decision.

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...;)) : Zeljko Galic - AMC

Not to self: DO NOT SELL THIS GUY. Had to be done, you just don't find a guy with these attributes at such an early age. Internazionale have already bidded £10m this summer to try and tempt him away, which was soundly rejected.

Finances : Pretty much broke-even when transfers and dividends are not taken into account. Think that's what the bare minimum should be each season. New scale means it's hard to see the variations now though.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The Under-19s got their league back, smashing the total goal scoring record in the process. This game that secured the title shows the striker potential I have already coming through.

2029 Champions League Final: Chelsea 0-1 Barcelona. Nice to see that our defeat was to the new champions, there's always that little consolation. In the Semis though, both Lyon and Benfica had leads after the 1st legs over the eventual finalists; means I could've probably got the final had Barca not cruelly sent me out.

2029 Europa League Final: Zenit 0-3 Spartak Moscow. Both Russian sides beat German opponents in the Semis, Leverkusen and Stuttgart respectively.

After the victorious Euros campaign, the national manager decided to leave the post; and the obvious choice to lead the national side was myself. Annoyingly. due to the challenge rules, I had to decline the offer though :( The new manager has done a decent job, falling behind early in the World Cup Qualifying group but had a very good summer in the Confederations Cup.

Being drawn in the same group as hosts Italy, World Cup winners Portugal and South Korea, they managed to top the group with 7 points; only drawing against Italy in an inspired Italian defensive display. In the Semis, they disposed of South Africa quite easily (who had edged out Brazil in the groups) before playing Italy again in the final. A 2-1 win over the hosts gave us another good tournament experience, and if we qualify (which we should) we should be one of the main contenders for the World Cup next year.

The Euro U-21 Championships also happened this year in Portugal. However, Serbia failed in the playoff round of qualifying to England 6-1 on aggregate; meaning a second consecutive failing to qualify. In the tournament itself England won the final 3-2 over France after only squeezing through their group containing France, Spain and Portugal on goals scored.

The African Cup of Nations also took place in the beginning of the year, with Ghana edging out Algeria on penalties in the final. Hosts Egypt won the 3rd place playoff against Nigeria whilst holders South Africa failed to get out of the group stages, behind Algeria and Tunisia.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

2024-25: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2025-26: SL - 1st, CL Last 16

2026-27: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2027-28: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2028-29: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

Epic season midgetram, such a shame you went out like that to Barcelona, had you won that you would have fancied to beat any of the other teams there.

I'm going to juggle between this and my French game now (see other thread ;)), just to mix things up a bit so I don't get too bored of one save.

Another great year midgetram, and that Galic is amazing. One of the best 21 year olds I've seen across the board... Don't suppose you remember how he was rated by coaches when he appeared? Any fears that the Chairman will sell over your head?

I agree with the insanity of Galic vurogj, it's just a bit of a shame that Stanic (the 2nd choice behind him) bitches a lot if he isn't starting around 50% of the games :(. That's why his substitute appearances are so high for this season.

Chutney, I believe he was 4.5 star PA when he came through at 15 (though that is just a guess, I've never seen a 5 star PA guy come through), so I played him most cup games and unimportant league games at the end of the season as soon as I could. As for selling him over my head, I've had bids for Djurovic at around the £20m mark being auto-rejected so unless it's for stupid money I think it'll be fine, and to be fair for stupid money I would consider selling him too.

Unlucky dj clark boy, hope Croatia works out better for you this time.

Berty, good luck in your France save (but not too well that it stops you playing this one more ;)). I always want to try the Big-Euro one, but this one always takes too long for me to complete and so never get round to it.

C.M. Harrogate - Sweden - BKV Norrtalje - Swedish 2nd Division, North Svealand

BKV_Norrt%C3%A4lje.png

Norrtälje is a locality and the seat of Norrtälje Municipality, Stockholm County, Sweden with 17,275 inhabitants in 2010.

Norrtälje traces its history to 1219, when the location was first mentioned as Tälje. After some time, the name officially became Norrtälje, to separate it from the other Tälje in the province, Södertälje. The city arms were created as an upside down anchor as early as 1622 when the charter was granted.

In 1719 large parts of the central town that was built in wood was burnt down by Russian plunders. The new stone church wasn't finished until 1726, and it was another 4 years before the city hall was completed.

Norrtälje had a railway station on the narrow gauge Roslagsbanan 1884-1969. It is now served by SL buses as a part of the public transport in Stockholm system.

Norrtälje has a first class industrial heritage in the Pythagoras Mechanical Workshop Museum, based in the premises of a former hot bulb engine factory.

BKV play at the Norrtalje Sportcentrum, with a capacity of 5000 (1000 seated)

57704_norrtalje_sportcentrum.jpg

Here is my profile: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/PRofileBKV.png

I'm back again after a break from LLM, some of you may remember I completed the challenge on the first patch with YF Juventus in Switzerland, this time I have decided that Belarus is the nation for me. I was going to do a file that would let me play as RUOR due to their facilities but I decided that would be too easy, so here I am :cool:

FC_Zvezda-BGU.png

Zvezda-BGU 2012 Season

First off the usual screenshots

History

Positions

Club Information

Facilities

Manager Profile

I decided to take on Zvezda as they are a relatively new club with little history which appealed to me as I have the challenge of making my own with them.

Predicted 16th with only one or 2 players of any talent I quickly placed an advert for all jobs so I could get scouts to help improve the squad as I have no knowledge of the nation really bar one or two players.

With their recommendations I acted pretty quickly signing 12 new players who actually looked too good for this level, the pick of them being Sashcheka who I was very lucky to get unchallenged.

The season went a lot better than I expected as we ended it as champions, whilst we hardly walked away with the title we was pretty comfortable from September onwards. The contributions of my signings warranted some of the high wages as they in the main put in good performances over the course of the season. The low point was being knocked straight out of the cup in the second round, though we probably didn't have the strength in depth to have a prolonged campaign in that anyway.

For the new season I have managed to sign three new players who will improve the squad dramatically, I did have quite a few targets but finances meant I couldn't get them all, however the three I have brought in should have a big hand in keeping us up and with the scouting range increased now I may be able to find a few more as the season goes on.

Rakhmanov offers some quality in midfield and I was pleased to get him. The next two players however are something else.

Frimpong

Acevedo

I was really shocked that the agent of either came along and offered them once I seen them when they came in on trail, but both look superb for a club our size and with some tough negotiating I manged to get them full time, I don't expect to keep either for long but i'll make the most of them.

We move back in to our 1,300 capacity stadium in August which should help a little with our finances as we have been losing about £20k a month

hey all have done this challenge in the past. was wondering is it possible to do it in the irish league as I know that the bottom team in league first division doesnt get relegated. is there a dataase i can use to alow the bottom team to be relegated?

Good luck CMHarrogate and Dexter_Morgan.

incubusking, I didn't know that was the case, I'd say holiday a season and take control of who finished bottom in the first division. I don't think altering the database is allowed in this challenge so I'm sure you can do it that way.

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - 2021 season summary

results1, results2, results3

Upper League Cup: We sailed through our Upper League Cup again with 7 wins out of 7. A 3-0 win over Stjarnan in the Semis set up another final against KR. Again we beat them to win the competition.

We also won the champions cup with another 3-1 win over KR.

Icelandic Cup:We had a bit of a scrappy run in the cup, only beating first division KA 3-1 in the 3rd round to start with. A narrow 1-0 win against Valur in the fourth round was followed by wins against Njardvik and Fram meaning yet again we had a final against KR. We got a narrow win to win the cup again.

Europe:It was fitting the first match in our brand new all seater stadium was against European giants Real Madrid, I obviously had no hope and would just have been pleased with a few goal loss rather than a spanking. However somehow we managed to hold them to a 2-2 draw obviously in front of a capacity crowd after going 2-0 behind, but surely in the second leg we would get absolutely thumped. This was not the case again as we went out 2-1 on the night and a very respectable 4-3 on aggregate.

The start of the next Champions League campaign went of to a decent start beating Linfield 7-0 on aggregate. We were drawn against Croatian side Hadjuk in the 3rd.Qual round, and we should have beaten them quite easily considering the results we got last season but in a nightmare first leg we lost 3-0 away, we created enough chances but the defending was shocking. We couldn't turn it round in the second leg despite our best efforts, despite dominating the game we only managed to find one goal to go out 3-1 on aggregate. This meant an entry to the Euro Cup, and not even the group stage yet as we had to get through a tough qualifying round against Vitesse, lucky we upped our game a bit and got a 1-0 away win and despite them making a dramatic comeback in the second leg we won 5-3 on aggregate.

We got a tough group with Russian side Rubin, Galatasaray and Austria Wien. After a 1-0 home loss against Rubin and draws at both other teams we had 2 points from 3 games and it wasn't looking good. Somehow we found another gear and won the remaining three games, scoring 10 and only conceeding 1 in the process, and winning the group. However our luck didn't improve as we got an incredibly tough draw against Zenit in the first knockout.

League:We finally went through a season unbeaten, not only that but we won every match. The closest match was at Selfoss as it was 0-0 going into injury time only for us to grab a 93rd minute winner, the biggest wins as usual came at the start of the season as we ran out of steam a bit towards the end.

League table - Graph

Players of the season:

Guido Grotsch - Immense in central defence again and scoring 14 goals too.

Enrico Weiβ - He is now wanted by a host of top German clubs not surprisingly.

Emanuel Peroni - Peroni had an excellent season but wants to move to a bigger club, will probably have to cash in on him soon.

Jostein Andersen - Scored 43 goals in 43 appearances again.

Mate Novacic - This guy looks the part, will probably become even better than Grotsch.

Ingimar Haraldsson - Finally an Icelandic player comes good, not a product of our academy, but signed for 120k from IA as I look to sign any good Icelandic prospects ASAP in their careers.

Adilio Weibolt - Broke the transfer record

Seasons best XI

Overall best XI

Squad

Team report

Finances - Having not made the CL group stages we missed out on millions (and spending £3m on Weibolt) is shown by the fact the finances have gone down quite drastically this season.

In other news: We now have top training facilities. And more news at the end of the season as the board agree to upgrade again.

2020  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| Winners   | CL groups - 2nd     | CL knockout
 2021  | PRM - 1st         | Winners| Winners   | EC Groups - 1st     | Won every domestic match

Cheers berty and well done on winning every league match.

Zvezda-BGU 2013 Season

Table

Squad Overview

Finances

Acevedo

Cup (knocked out in 3rd round)

It's been a while since i've had a season as hard as that on FM, which actually has me enjoying this save more than any in a while because I know I can't just go out and get a team full of foreign regens to help me along. As you can see in the screenshot Acevedo practically kept us up single handedly. If I have one criticism it is that he lacks pace otherwise he'd have been a perfect poacher.

After a good start to the season where we picked up 3 wins and a draw in our first 6 games we had a horrible run of not winning for 12 matches and had a couple of 4 and 5 goal hammerings I was beginning to think we could go down. It wasn't that we were terrible in that time, just that it was obvious the squad was not good enough to handle injuries and suspensions. My first choice 11 often gave even the big clubs a tough game. Luckily for the last 10 games we managed a run that only seen us lose once, which was the final game of the season and we finished a decent enough eighth place which i'd have been more than happy with back at the start of the season.

Finances during the year prevented us getting a few free agents in the summer transfer window, so I finished the season with the same squad that started it, but I had more or less picked out the players I wanted for this season well in advance and managed to get 4 of the 6 Belarussian players I targeted.

Khatkevic

Levitskiy

Tagil

Vitus

All improve us dramatically even if they don't look much. The full backs and goalkeeper especially were needed badly as we were poor in those areas.

My other 2 signings came from agents offering out

Essien is more a rotation signing as I can't expect to be lucky with Acevedo having another injury free season.

Pulkin on the other hand is probably now the best player at the club and will be important for us.

Surprisingly I had 2 regens come through that may actually turn out to be of use

Lukhvich

Kuznetsov

Both are 5 star potential, which mightn't be that great amongst this group of players but if they turn out to be an improvement then that's all that matters.

The board has decided to double our capacity which is a bit handy but with ticket prices only being 80p and a season ticket being £5 it won't make much difference really :D

Aims for this season is to obviously do better than last in terms of league position, but I would like a bit of a cup run too this year, we was lucky to go through the 2nd round against a non league club even which was worrying.

Year    | Division       | Position  | Cup       | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
2012   | First League    | 1st       | 2nd Round | N/A
2013   | Highest League  | 8th       | 3rd Round | N/A

Cheers berty. Yeah makes no sense at all to me :D BATE are actually cheaper for matchday tickets at 60p but their season tickets are £8.10p

Well the start of this season is a lot better than most of last season, we are still struggling to keep clean sheets but we've only let more than 1 in twice so far so it is a slight improvement.

Alright just holidays a season and to my surprise the league format changed and 4 teams were promoted to the first division. Decided to manage Cherry Orchard who are one of Ireland's better known non league clubs they have trained a number of Irish players such as Andy Reid and Glenn Whelan. Anyway my goal for the season was to consolidate my position in the league, with only one relegation spot. I am confident of achieving this so far I have signed a mix of semi pros and amateurs to the club. Only problem with this league is the fact that there is 48 games a season which is a bit much imo :S

FC_Zvezda-BGU.png

Zvezda-BGU 2014 Season

Table

Squad Overview

Finances

Cup (4th round tie played next season)

Acevedo

Well I can hardly believe it myself, we were never far off BATE or Dinamo Minsk but going in to 30th game of the season we were looking at 3rd place as BATE were 3 points ahead of us and Dinamo 4 points but BATE lost and Dinamo drew whilst we won arguably the hardest game we had left awat to Gomel, that left the table looking like this with 3 games left to play. What I didn't realise right up until matchday 31 was that BATE and Dinamo still had to play each other and all of a sudden the result changed the shape of the title completely to leave all 3 teams on 65 points.

Going in to the penultimate game of the season Dinamo lost for the 2nd game in a row to leave them all but mathematically out of it because of ours and BATE's superior goal difference.

Going in to half time on the final day everything was going fine with us winning 2-0 at home to Mogilev and BATE were drawing their game but for some reason we had a collapse in the 2nd half and Mogilev got the game back to 2-2 in the 76th minute whilst BATE had taken the lead in thier game moments earlier. A nervous finish is not the word as I thought we had blown our chance (though I never expected to be anywhere this position at the start of the season so I should have expected a blip :D) and our game went in to 4 minutes added on time and we never looked like scoring then out of nowhere literally a second or 2 before our game finished BATE had conceded an equaliser which gave us the title.

I'm still a bit shocked by it now, it's been a while since I have won a title like that and we certainly over achieved, though the additions we made were certainly a big help as a lot of the mistakes we were making in defence last season were cut out, though far from perfect.

As you can see from the finances screen we are in a bad way. I have only been able to sign Patoski for next season and have lost out on all my other free targets because we couldn't offer them the wages. I have targets I could sign if I had money but nobody really good enough for free who is from Belarus. This is worrying because my attacking line is aging, I need another DM and i'm still not happy with the full backs or keeper even though they were a big improvement on last years team.

Sorry for the long post :D I'll add any other transfers (if any) on another post.

2014   | Highest League  | 1st       | N/A       | N/A 

Ha, wish I could get £1M for one of players at the minute :D

I've won it too early if anything, my squad is aging and no money to replace anyone, the usual case of players wanting to move on (even though nobody wants them :rolleyes:) my facilities are a state, i'm expected by the board to at least get a Europa place. It's a bloody mess :D Just hoping I can get at least a winnable CL tie, so at the worst I can a bit of money from that and a crack at the Europa for a bit extra. Looking at BATE's run last year they had a pretty easy first 2 ties and lost the last CL tie and went in to the Europa so there is a little hope, but we all know it never works out that way.

Wow great progress Dexter. Hope you have a kind CL draw, the money could help your finances a lot.

:eek: £19.75m for a defender berty?!?! I think that matches the highest fee I've received for my magic Serbians. I'll have an update up myself some time this evening/early morning, including a long European campaign once again ;)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, Novacic has snubbed SLB :D (would post screenie but photobuckets down), means we miss out on almost £20m but keep our star player for the time being (has 2 more years on his contract).

Lucky you :p some of mine are trying to use every excuse under the sun to leave right now.

If photobucket was up and running I'd have more to write here... :rolleyes:

FC_Zvezda-BGU.png

Zvezda-BGU 2015 Season

Table

Squad Overview

Cup 2014/15 4th Round(2015/16 4th round tie played next season)

CL Group

Super Cup

Acevedo

Puklin

Another great season for us, in fact it went better than expected with the qualification to the group stages of the CL whilst trying to keep in touch with Dinamo Minsk at the top of the table. I decided the only way to cope with the amount of games was to risk losing league points and go for it in Europe for at least the first game in every tie and see how that went before making the choice between league or Europe for 2nd leg ties. As luck would have it in rounds 2 and 3 we had enough of a lead where I could play reserves in the 2nd legs but the game against Sparta Prague was a different story. At half time we were 4-1 down and looking out of it, but we managed to claw a bit of a lifeline. I debated for a bit whether it would be too much of a lead for us to realistically turn around and if I should concentrate on the league and write the tie off and how my gamble to play reserves in the league and the first team in the second leg paid off.

The reason I was concerned about the league was we only had a 3 point lead over Minsk and my results around European ties, especially before first legs was far from great. Of course that was because I was playing 2 completely different sides in the games but luckily Dinamo Minsk only managed a point lead over us in that period.

As you can see the group stages were a disaster :D The sole point picked up at home to Ajax, but that was a bonus in my view, getting there was my main concern. Unfortunately with those funds the board gave in to neither my facilities upgrade or my transfer money request, I did get the youth coaching increased though. What is frustrating about my 2 requests being refused is my board decided to waste money on another 1000 seats which are next to useless.

They did give me £2M to spend in the pre season though and I paid out cash for my first three players

Kulchiy Report

Gerasimets Report

Our record signing Parechin who I had been trailing for almost a year from RUOR. With these three I am pretty happy with our depth in attacking positions and though I would like one more DM we should be fine for the season unless my other target becomes available for cheaper.

My final signing was Matveenko on a Bosman, he can play FB, WB, wide midfield and wing on either side which is something that couldn't be ignored, though I want him to play RB in the main.

I'm pretty glad I got to do those deals early as the chairman is willing to listen to offers, I don't think I could cope with another summer of trying to fit below par players in the team for certain games as I don't think with the age of some of them i'd have been able to get away with it again anyway :D

2014   | Highest League  | 1st       | 4th Round | N/A
2015   | Highest League  | 1st       | N/A       | CL Knockout

Apologies for the long post, was going to explain my CL qualification yesterday but as others have said photobucket was playing up and I felt it was easier to explain it with pictures :D

No need to apologise for the length of post Dexter, a little more detail helps me (and possibly others) get more involved in the story you are building. Same for the other guys who are doing the challenge, share more, it's great to read.

Great progress, Dexter. Impressive second leg gamble that really paid off.

Hope the uefa rankings have improved a bit so the way to the CL gets a bit easier next year.

Puklin seems as a great player. KUTGW!

Cheers Taunton and vurogj. The Highest league has gone up to 33rd in the rankings from 49th, it wasn't enough to improve CL places or start a round later but it was enough to move participants in the Europa a later start in the competition. I was also seeded this time in my first two CL qualifiers.

We've had a brilliant start to the new season running away with the league which gives us a lot of breathing space for CL games unlike last year. Gerasimets, Kulchiy, Parechin and Matveenko have all fitted in better than I expected for their first season. I forgot to add the screenshots of the 2 youngsters I shown 2 seasons back that came through our youth academy, Lukhvich and Kuznetsov both had about 25 games each last season and have improved well (and even more this season) Kuznetsov is now playing almost every game as he seems to constantly perform unlike Frimpong and Moukakounou.

I finally grew tired of Acevedo's refusal to sign a new contract for an affordable amount and with a year and half left on his current one I reluctantly sold him to Granada for £3M plus 15% of any future fee. It was a shame to let him go after over 100 goals in his 3 and half years but I couldn't risk losing him for nothing or even too much of a lower fee.

Frimpong has also gone for £10k, I am actually sure he was worth a lot more than that but his moaning was getting too much so I let him go.

What those departures have allowed me to do is add to the squad

Pedersen was signed on a free before I let Acevedo go, I actually think if I can work on his composure his extra bit of pace may be even more of a goal threat.

Sepiashvili is a £250k signing and is the final piece in the DM position I was looking for.

Sliwinski is Frimpong's improved replacement costing £14k compensation. His pace is the only thing that worries me a little but I am working on that.

Hardzeichuk is a £90k signing from Gomel, he will be my first choice left back.

The shake up of the squad over the last 2 windows has made us a lot more competitive I feel, certainly in the league we can afford a few injuries now. I am hoping the fact that we've mainly brought in youth with good potential will help us grow a bit in Europe, more from next season than this.

We have quite a few contracts running out at the end of the season and thankfully the new signings mean I can let them all go. I aim to get one more domestic AM/Winger, CB and we are desperately in need of a better goalkeeper because Khatkevich always seems to have an error in him.

A bit later than planned, but here it is.

FK Macva Sabac - 2029/30 End of Season Update - Super League

Backwards once again...

League (Positions) : Easy as you like once again. The defeat was against Rad once again :mad: last 2 league defeats have been against them. 14 titles in a row now, making us the record holders for most league titles now.

Cup : Cruised to the final once again, but this time due to basically the entire team being called up for internationals or missing through injury I had to play a full youth side against Red Star. So a 5-1 hammering occurred, but I can't really complain too much about that since we were playing against a pretty much full strength Red Star side.

As a side note, that win over Smederevo (who were 5th at the time) is a record win for the club in all competitions...

Champions League : 2nd seeds once again in the group stage draw, and we were drawn with Internazionale - naturally - alongside CSKA Moscow (who hammered Shakhtar in qualifying 9-1) and FC Kobenhavn. A easy win against the Danes was then followed up with 2 dire performances at home to both CSKA and Inter. This put us in a precarious position and another defeat (1-0 in Milan) put us in a do-or-die situation in the last 2 games. Win both and we qualify, drop points and we would fall back into the Europa League. A 3-0 win over Kobnhavn was the easy game, but in Moscow we could only manage a 2-2 draw, pushing us down to 3rd in the group and into the Europa League after the winter break.

Europa League : So dropping down into this for the first time in 7 years, I wanted a minimum semi final appearance, as this is where we progressed to in that campaign. By being (somehow) the 2nd best team to drop down from the CL, we were seeded for the last 32 draw and got a favourable tie as a result against Turkish side Trabzonspor. Both legs were fairly comfortable, winning 3-0 in Turkey and 4-1 at home to progress 7-1 on aggregate.

In the last 16, we were paired with Ukrainian side Dynamo Kyiv, who we incidentally played 7 years ago in our last EL run. We won then and this time was no different, winning 5-2 in the Ukrainian capital and powering to a 4-1 win at home. A 9-3 aggregate win put us in the Quarters where the sides we could face were; Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Fenerbahce, Lazio, Manchester City, Olympique Marseille and Sporting Lisbon.

With our luck with Euro draws I wasn't expecting anyone other than Madrid or Man City, so imagine my surprise when we got Fenerbache instead :). We took full advantage of this, winning 5-0 in the home leg and cruising to a 2-0 win in Turkey putting is into our 3rd EL semi final (after being there in 2017 and 2023). In the Semis, we managed to get Dortmund (who were probably the weakest side out of the 3 alternatives), but our 100% record in the competition ended with a frustrating 0-0 in Germany. Not to be defeated though, we eventually got the breakthrough in the home tie; finishing with a 2-0 win on the night and overall.

So, in 2030 we managed to get to our first European final. Not the main one I admit, but a good experience nonetheless. We played a Manchester City side who included our record-appearance holder Slobodan Violtic, albeit he is being used a bench player for them. We dominated the final from start to finish, but somehow were never actually in the lead for any period of time; Altino Wasler (the Swiss national keeper) getting MoM with a 9.2 rating was the only player who kept us at bay for the entire game meaning that what in most games would be a comfortable win ended up as a bitterly disappointing 2-1 defeat.

Worryingly, I think we may have used up our Euro luck for the next century with our EL draws; so I'll put a bet on getting Inter in the CL groups for the foreseeable future.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Siljak left us after a good 7 years in the first team, although this was somehow put on last year's transfers list, whereas Stanic and Saric were complaining too much for their own good and thus shipped out. Every outfield player apart from the fullbacks scored at some point this season, pretty sure that's a good thing in a way :rolleyes:

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...) : Milomir Starcanin - GK

Pretty much the best goalkeeper that I've seen Serbia produce; just unluckily he's behind Zeljko (our former GK from years ago) in the queue in the national side. He's been pushing for a move now for a year and a bit, but I think after a season of keeping clean sheets in over 50% of the games he started is good enough to be considered for this for once.

Finances : I don't like this new scale, you can't tell differences between a £190m balance and a £175m balance... The shareholders (who lets face it have done bugger all) decided to take only just over £10m this year for their "hard work".

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The Under-19s won their 2nd league title in a row, and their 8th overall. Once again we score goals for fun but need the defence shaping a little bit.

2030 Champions League Final: Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal. 3 English sides in the last 4, just like old times. AC Milan were the other side in the Semis.

It was World Cup year this time around, and with it being held in Europe - Italy to be precise - I was expecting Serbia to perform well. The squad in the end included 17 Macva players and 6 Ex-Macva players (I'll let you do the math about how many others there are ;)) In the group stages, they comfortably won all their group games against Cameroon, Saudi Arabia and Belarus (who qualified ahead of the Netherlands for the tournament). In the 2nd round, they beat another African side in Morocco 2-0 before having to play the Dutch in the Quarters.

The underlying theme of this tournament was shocks, shocks and more shocks. Holders Portugal went out in the group stages, as did the previous runners-up Algeria and France (runners-up in Qatar). Top ranked sides such as Brazil (7th), Germany (2nd) and Denmark (4th) all went out in the 2nd round too, by which stage only Serbia, Spain and Netherlands were the only top-10 sides left in the last 8.

So in the Quarters, as Serbia comfortably won against the Dutch, and with Spain in the other half of the draw; the final looked set in stone. This was before the surprise packages of all surprise packages decided to crash the party once again.

Nigeria (yes another African side) had already led a charmed life in this tournament, nonetheless only getting in the first place on away goals in the African qualifiers. In the groups, they lost the opening game to Spain but then thrashed Australia and edged out Belgium to get into the 2nd round, where they played the hosts Italy. Not to be finished, they had the audacity to beat the hosts on a penalty shoot-out at the San Siro and used that momentum to beat Colombia in the last 8.

So back to the Semis, where the surprising Nigerians played Serbia and despite going down to 10-men early, they managed to pull off another upset, winning 3-2 due to 91st minute winner by Isaac Odita who ironically scored 1 goal all season last year for Partizan Belgrade. So the final was to be a repeat of the opening Group B game with Spain playing Nigeria. This time though, the result was always going to be different. An early red card for the Spanish MC Iván didn't stop an early Spain goal, but that was as good as it got for them, with the Super Eagles dominating for the most of the game. Despite equalising before HT, they couldn't get the decisive 2nd goal; until a penalty (and a fairly debatable one at that) was given for Nigeria to pretty much seal the win. Arsenal's Emmanuel Cole slotted it home, creating history as Nigeria became the first African side to win the World Cup; winning the final 2-1.

Serbia's record shows that they hammered Paraguay to get 3rd spot and actually extend their lead at the top of the World Rankings.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

2024-25: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2025-26: SL - 1st, CL Last 16

2026-27: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2027-28: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2028-29: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2029-30: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Runners-Up

FC_Zvezda-BGU.png

Zvezda-BGU 2016 Season

Table

Cup 2015/16 Semi Final

CL Group

Knocked out of Europa First Knockout 8-0 agg by Spurs (:D)

Super Cup Winners

There's a lack of screenshots because I forgot to take them due to getting so engrossed in the save so apologies for that

Another decent season for us though I was a bit disappointed with Europe because Metalist were there for the taking in both games against them and we let leads slip late in both, we also let in a last minute goal at home to Atletico. It still wouldn't have been enough to keep us in the CL after christmas but it would have been nice to have the extra points on the board and the bit extra cash but I guess it wasn't to be this time around around. Spurs hammered us in the Europa and it could have been more so no complaints there.

In addition to the signings made in my last post the pre season saw us bring in Dzmitry Rekish in on a free and Tsykunov will join in the July window for £160k. Also in comes Dvorak who is Puklin's replacement who went to BATE for £1M +15% of next sale because with 10 months left on his contract he wouldn't sign a new one and I didn't want to take the risk of losing him for free. Usually I wouldn't sell to a rival but I kind of don't want the save to go stale domestically, as my Club Brugge save before this one got too easy and don't want the same happening here as it's going to take a while to get a mostly Belorussian side capable of winning the CL.

Pedersen was in superb form for us last year, scoring 35 goals in 26 games and I am hoping he can do the same this year.

Our board takeover was completed and for a while I was left to wonder if I still had a job (after all i'd done in a short time already :rolleyes:) But in addition to the training upgrade I already had arranged I got this message plus a 4th boost to the youth coaching to now give us exceptional coaching. They also decided to put just under 1,000 new seats in which will take us to roughly 4,500 when done. Now I have managed to keep my job I am quite pleased with this takeover, the chairman seems to want the club to do well and gave me £13M to spend as well so obviously whilst not a sugar daddy type he is willing to put money earnt by the club back in to it

Aims for this season.

Youth Recruitment Network Increased

Training/Youth Facilities Increased

Group Stage of CL again, with at least a win this time.

New goalkeeper, CB and a DM, possibly full backs too as these are where we are at our weakest, especially with Pulkin's departure.

2014   | Highest League  | 1st       | 4th Round | N/A
2015   | Highest League  | 1st       | Semi Final| CL Group
2016   | Highest League  | 1st       | N/A       | CL Group/Europa 1st Knockout

Well done on your first European final midgetram, hopefully better luck next time :cool:

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - 2022 season summary

Domestic Cups: We sailed through the ULC group stage, and even beat Keflavik 6-0 in the Semi-finals, but the final was much tougher as we scraped past Valur 1-0. The Champions Cup was a comfortable 4-1 victory over FH.

Quite an easy run to the Cup final where we beat surprise finalists Stjarnan 5-0, it was probably the first season we didn't meet KR in any final.

Cup results

League: After winning every match last season I went for goals, after getting 49 in the first half of the season there was still an outside chance of the 100, but it wasn't to be as we ended up with 85. While concentrating on scoring goals I forgot KR and Valur away were still tricky fixtures and got a bit complacent.

League results 1

League results 2

League table - Graph

Europe: Our first task was the tricky tie against Zenit, we matched them pretty evenly I thought over the two legs but disappointingly lost each leg 2-1. As it happens Zenit made it all the way to the final where they lost 4-0 to Liverpool

Luckily we got an easy run to the group stage this time round, beating Maltese side Marsaxlokk 13-0 on aggregate to start with, wins over Dinamo Tblisi and Kalmar followed. We were seeded fourth this time and got a tough draw with AC Milan, Paris SG and Panathinaikos. We managed to get the wins over Panathinaikos, including an emphatic 4-0 home win. The rest of the games were close, with us managing to get a home draw against Milan, but meant we finished third and the Euro knockout again. Of all the teams we could have drawn we got Real Madrid.

Group table

European results

Players of the season:

Guido Grotsch - Unfortunately won't sign another contract as we can't offer enough, will try and get as much as possible.

Enrico Weiβ - Same as Grotsch, contract runs out next season.

Esteban Sabban - 40 goals and 20 assists for Sabban in an excellent season for the Argentinian.

Jostein Andersen - Again the main striker and with playing three up front scoring 53 in 41 is impressive.

Mate Novacic - Formed a great defensive partnership with Grotsch, plenty of big clubs after him already, still only 19.

Nicklas Madsen - Madsen really made his breakthrough this season, rated really highly by the coaches.

Johannes Kirschbaum - Made a comeback this season with playing three strikers, and performed well.

Seasons best XI

Overall best XI

Squad

Team report

Finances - With the stadium expansion, training and youth facilities all being upgraded it's no surprise our finances haven't gone up since last season, still well in the black though.

Why I insist on a 50% sell on clause.

In other news: A bit out of the blue but in addition to the facilities being upgraded they announced the stadium expansion plans, unfortunately will not be ready for the Real Madrid tie.

Season | League Pos |   ULC  |  Cup      |      Europe         |    Achievements
 2013  | D1 - 2nd   | Groups | 4th round |                     | Promotion
 2014  | PRM - 4th  | Semis  | 3rd round |                     | Overachievers
 2015  | PRM - 2nd  | Final  | Winners   |                     | Euro Qualification
 2016  | PRM - 2nd  | Semis  | Semis     | EC - 3rd qualifying | 
 2017  | PRM - 1st  | Groups | Semis     | EC - 3rd qualifying | Champions
 2018  | PRM - 1st  | Winners| 4th round | CL Group stage - 4th| CL Group stage
 2019  | PRM - 1st  | Winners| Semis     | CL Groups - 3rd     | Euro Cup knockout
 2020  | PRM - 1st  | Winners| Winners   | CL Groups - 2nd     | CL knockout
 2021  | PRM - 1st  | Winners| Winners   | EC Groups - 1st     | Won every domestic match
 2022  | PRM - 1st  | Winners| Winners   | CL Groups - 3rd     |   

Well I'm still trudging along, I don't have much time to play lately, but I'm doing alright. Massive problems coming up though, I'm currently in October, sitting 3rd in my Champions League group. But contracts in Iceland end in November, and I'm losing about half my team before my next CL game, because I can't afford any of them.

This is what I mean:

screwed.png

This is my usual Starting 11 and subs. The players with yellow boxes around them are the ones I will lose before my next match. I have some good backups, but almost all my star players are gone. We'll see what happens.

That's bad luck RocheBag, is there no way to increase the wage budget at all to keep at least some of them?

Another league title berty :) just keep plugging away in Europe, you'll get some kind draws eventually.

Congrats on getting 3rd in the CL groups Dexter, and I did notice the edit ;) - I make my posts extra long just to make sure that people have to read it all :p

Archived