Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Cheers Gundo. Played this on the older version I was on the old forums under ashton430.

This years game seems tougher than past years, 10 games in and I iam 11/14 it is going to be a long season. Hopefully it wont take me three goes before I keep a side up

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it incredibly hard to start with, in fact got relegated a couple of times with previous attempts with Sola. Read some of my earlier posts from last year, hardest version ever when i started out with this.

Season Review

Year - 2012

Division - 2nd Division Group 3

Budgets - £10,600 for transfers available - £3,800 per week for wages

Media -14th

Ground - Kuventrae 3,000

Norwegian Cup - This was a short lived experience in that we did not even make past the Prelim round we got beat 3-2 by Boler despite being 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go we had a man sent off then lost 3 quick goals and we were out.

League - The season the only expectation was to battle the drop it seemed the press expected us to go back down. At the start of the season it looked like I may have been in for a long season but we mnaaged to turn it round over the middle part of the season and eventually finished 7th right in the middle.

Transfers - 11 players came with non leaving I will be shifting some out over the summer.

League.

Player of the Season was Stefan Mimic. The striker was superb all season and really dug us out of some holes.

Next Season - I will be looking to continue moving up the league and hopefully finish in the top 5.

Season    League             Position       Cup                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Division 2                7th           Prelim Round           Staying Up

Good first season James.:thup:

Can I ask is Per Christian Myhre in your save? This is the first version I have not bought him, just been tracking his progress or demise as it's been in FM12.

Ahh too bad, you would have quite a player on your hands if you could tempt him away.

Elsewherein Europa League 4th qaulifying round we play AS Saint-Étienne, very tough tie ahead and I actually starting to fear that we won't even make the EL group stage this season.

Sorry to about OS and your relegation.

I think most nations have been attempted, but not all completed (kind of hard to keep record). Just go with whatever country feels right for you.

Going to need a master plan to beat Brann in the NM Cup Final. They have already won the Tippeligaen again! Results against us so far this season read; a 0-3 home defeat and a 0-3 away defeat. Can't seem to get near them in all honesty, I suppose miracles can happen I suppose...:rolleyes:

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2023

Year - 2023

Division - Tippeligaen

Media -5th

Ground - Sola Stadium 9,440 all seater

League - An under achievement for sure in the top tier this season after a predicted 5th place finsh (my expectations were more ambitious). The sale of Joakim Aaland to Rosenborg hurt us more than I had anticipated, as his goals were not replaced. In the end a rather uninspiring 7th place finish was achieved.

Norwegian Cup - Heartbreak in the final for the Sola boys, we entered the final against Brann as huge underdogs and put up a brave fight to finish. The game then went to penalties after 0-0et and having gone two penalties up, we faltered and Brann swept home the winning kick. On a slightly brighter note, Europa League qualification was granted, because Brann won the league and claimed the CL place. This final is exactly why we play this beautiful game. The final was end to end and either team could have won it in normal time. Despite the loss, I did enjoy the challenge, the possible triumph of the underdog over the mighty Brann.

Europa League - 4th Qaulifing round defeat to Saint Etiene.

Fans Player Of The Year - Lars Erik Jacobsen. Also won young player of the year. Jacobsen is almost certainly the best youngster I've purchased and made an instant impact, if he can continue to develop aswel, well he could be unbelievably good in the future.

Gabriel Strøm Has been a loyal server to Sola, only this season has he made noises about leaving.

Sindre Fossan The old boy, the legend (well atleast in my eyes). This isn't far from retirement now, hopefully I can convince him to sign as a backroom member.

Antti Lempinen Another guy who wants out and to be honest, I think I will let him go. Never been a favourite of mine at Sola.

Nationality count Jan. 2022

37 Norwegians

4 Swedes

2 Danish

1 Finnish

Other News - Henning Berg is still rather bizarrely the England manager! SK 'Tycoon' Brann continue to rule all of Norway, with little or indeed no competition.

Next Season - Hope some of the younger prospects step up and improve significantly, as Nordic talent is pretty thin on the ground at present!

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement| Top Scorer (Lge)         
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)          
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9)  
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16)  
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)       
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)       
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (13)  
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2nd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8)  
2019    |  Adeccoligaen      |    1st     |        -        | Final    | Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (18)  
2020    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Antti Lempinen (8)  
2021    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |        -        |   Semi   |            | Joakim Aaland (18) 
2022    |  Tippeligaen       |    3rd     |  EL 2nd KO rnd  | 3rd Round|            | Joakim Aaland (17)
2023    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |  EL 4th Q rnd   |   Final  |            | Antti Lempinen (12)

My second go at this and back to a place where I have enjoyed in the past with success in previous versions of FM with Hakaur and Vikingor I joinVolsungur. recently promoted to Icelandic First Division.

The media and it seems the board expect us to go right back down, fingers crossed I get it right this time.

Going backwards there a bit Gundo, Jacobson looks like a bit of a beast

Are you tempted to let Strom go, I think if the price is right.

What is the talent like in Norway at the moment?

Taking in to account the speed in the which the league reputation has grown in such a short space of time, that ultimately down to Brann's sudden growth. I think I kind of got left behind in not signing players as aggressively as I usually would, I mean some of the other Tippeligaen team have signed some very good foreign talent aswel. That being said, I'm still not too downbeat after this season and will look to bounce back, the cupen final appearance was a huge bonus in my eyes.

Strøm will stay another season hopefully, as losing him at this stage would be disastrous and not too easy to replace a player of his quality.

Good prospects in Norway do seem to be on the rise and there are two top notch prospects playing in the top tier at the moment, one, Amondt at Fredrikstad is a beast of a winger.

Breaking News...

Manager Gundo has re-signed former star striker Joakim Aaland from Rosenborg for a club record 3.9 million. Sola Fotball favourite Aaland had scored 20 league goals in 24 games for the Trondheim club this season, but had become increasingly unsettled after a number of bust ups with Rosenborg Manager Arne Sandstø.

I've broke the bank with this signing and blown our budget for the whole season, but its a signing we needed as we missed him sorely and hopefully the goals will fire us up the table.

Daniel Berntsen is a player I forgot to mention in my last end of season report, the former Rosenborg winger was signed on-loan as cover initially at the start of the 2023 season. Berntsen went on to have a fantastic season starting most games and ending up securing the most assists of any other Sola player. Managed to capture his signature for 9k at the end of the season!:eek:

History

If you are referring to Aaland and not the 9k Berntsen.:lol:

I should be able to get a few seasons out of Aaland, then sell him on again and get the goals in the mean time so it's a win win situation.:)

Yeah it was Aaland mate. Oh dear that is a bad record hopefully you can start to turn it round soon mate.

I am trying to get into a Portugal save on the other challenge and got sacked again, this thread keeps calling me back I am currently on holiday in N Ireland

Killyleagh- Northern Irish Division 2- 2012/13 End of Season Update

27539_288652348647_6521_q.jpg

Table | Graph | Squad | Transfers | Finances

All in all it was a busy season.

We had to bring in a load of players to add some quality although the majority of them will be better in the next year or two.

The league was decent for my first year, although we won games really well and lost stupid games it really could have been better but I just wanted to stay up and that has been achieved so I am not to down. Next year we can definatly push up the table.

We became a bit of a cup team this year getting to the semis of the County Antrim Shield we beat Ards and Linfield on the way. In the League Cup we put out Donegal Celtic and in the Irish Cup we got past a good BAnbridge side and Dergveiw.

Aims of this season

Stay up - Yes did it

Add more quality - Yes

Aims:

Reach Mid Table

Add More Quality

Try To Get Finances Back in the Black

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos    Achievements
2012/13   Div 2      13th       Survived

Currently it's 3 stars, I have a feeling that may go up to 3 1/2 very soon judging from Brann's growth recently.

Interestingly Brann's manager has just left his post for a Portuguese club job, also the Portuguese league is rated 1/2 star higher than the Tippeligaen.

Killyleagh- Northern Irish Division 2- 2013/14 End of Season Update

What a Season it was amazing, we started off very poorly as you will see from the graph. At one stage my job was being called into question as the board agreed with my thoughts from last year that we were not to far away. The league was tight from top to bottom only really Glebe not showing much going into the last few weeks of the season any from 7 or 8 teams could have gone up. We managed to hold firm and steal the last spot.

The cups were not as exciting as last year as we lost out pretty much straight away in all of them.

Aims of this season

Reach Mid Table - And more we are going up

Add More Quality - Yes some exciting youth players coming through also

Try To Get Finances Back in the Black - Er no

Aims:

Stay Up

Try to sort finances

Career So Far

2013/14   Div 2       2nd      Promotion

Killyleagh- Northern Irish Division 1- 2014/15 End of Season Update

Wow,wow,wow what a season. I was aiming to avoid the drop at the start of the year and in the end we went up. We never really looked in danger of going down and always looked like more of a threat to the top than the bottom. We had lots of good resutls this year but sometimes found it tough to string together results. In the end we needn't have worried about anything we beat Glenavon easily over two legs.

In the cups we were stupidly good, beating teams like Crusaders, Carrick, Distillery, Ards and Limavady on the way to three cup wins.

Stars

Mark Ogochukwu was a player I found when he left his club I offered him a trial so I could get a better look he came and me and my coaches were more than impressed so he was offered a deal and he signed he was brilliant especially in our Irish Cup Win

Billy Kee came to me a couple of years ago on a free and has not stopped scoring since. He again has been superb.

Aims of this season

Stay Up - I think I did that

Try to sort finances - I did try but it didnt happen

Aims:

Stay Up

Try to sort finances again

Enjoy European football

Career So Far

2014/15   Div 1      2nd       Promotion,Irish Cup Winner,NIN Winner,S&S Cup Winner

Congrats on promotion.:thup:

Are you enjoying N.Ireland? It has been a hugely popular nation to manage in in this challenge in the past.

Cheers mate

Its been superb the cups are ace. I am now in the Premier Division and I think it could get a bit tougher but its brilliant.

Well knocked out no surprises there really only 3-0 on agg though.

Quick question I am struggling with something I dont seem to be able to offer any players deals where I want to give them status of below first team player any ideas?

Killyleagh- Northern Irish Premier Division- 2015/16 End of Season Update

Well staying up this year was the main aim. We started off with our usual awful form which we are really going to have to change, we managed to get a few wins linked together and all in all it reminded me a lot of my first season in charge with Killyleagh except this time we did manage to win some games which we were well ontop. We just missed out on the Champions Group but still finished 7th (despite having more points than 6th).

Cups were rubbish except the All Ireland Cup were we found ourselves suddenly in the final which we won with ease. This club is special and I feel on the verge of becoming brilliant.

Stars

Mark Ogochukwu he is fast becoming a legend in this club he seems to get better each year. I am lucky to have him in my team and happy.

Billy Kee again he has been awesome this season, I am surprised he has had no interest from English clubs he really is brilliant

Aims of this season

Stay Up - Yes I did this with room to spare

Try to sort finances again - No but getting there

Enjoy European football - Loved it

Aims:

Get into the chasmpions group at the end of the proper league season

Keep finances going up

Get rid of some of the deadwood in my squad.

Career So Far

2014/15   Div 1      2nd       Promotion,Irish Cup Winner,NIN Winner,S&S Cup Winner
2015/16   Prem      7th         Survived, All Ireland Cup Winners

Well knocked out no surprises there really only 3-0 on agg though.

Quick question I am struggling with something I dont seem to be able to offer any players deals where I want to give them status of below first team player any ideas?

I don't understand? Do you mean the option isn't available to select or your players aren't willing to accept those terms on the said contract.

Well done with a solid first campaign in the top flight, your making progress fast.:thup:

Archived