Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Six in a row. Well done, midgetram.

How is your youth intake, by the way? I still struggle to get some good players, even though I constantly upgrade the facilites. Lets hope the progress will continue for you in Europe.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I've still been playing my Iceland save, but because I get through season so fast (about 4 or 5 hours), and because every season is basically the same (I finish between 2nd and 4th, make it to the 2nd qualification round in Europa League, and lose), I haven't been updating. I'm now in 2024, and I've finally won the League title for the first time. I'll post a proper update with screenshots and such shortly.

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2024 Season Review

So before we get into the 2024 season, a brief summary of what's happened since my last update. League has been a struggle, always finishing between 2nd and 4th, but never quite getting there. The Europa League money has helped though, and allowed me to make some pretty good signings. In 2022 I managed to get to the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa League, where I got matched up against Bursaspor and almost shocked them, losing 2-1 on aggregate. I managed to secure my first trophies, winning the Lengjubikarrin (Icelandic League Cup) back to back years in 2023 and 2024, and most recently won the League in 2024.

League Position

Players:

Halldor Margeirsson (ST) - Signed this guy on a free once we started making money from Europe consistantly. He's been a machine with us scoring a goal per game, but it looks like this was his last year. He's now asking for much more than I can afford

Amadou Komina (MC) - Our playmaker in the middle, he's been good for us creating goals and picking out all the right passes

Anders Jensen (DC) - Our rock at the back, been with us almost since the start and just keeps getting better

Nana Ayeh (DC) - A great defender in his own right, making a formidable pairing in the middle for us

Average Attendance: 2962 (screenshot - new stadium in 2021)

Next Season Goals: Defend the League Title, Make the Europa League Group Stage

Season  |       League         |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup      |League Cup | Achievement | Top Scorer (League)        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
2012    |  1. Deild karla      |    10th    |        -        | 3rd Round |Group Stage|                | Fannar Arnason (14)        
2013    |  1. Deild karla      |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round | Semi-Final|                | Stefan Eysteinsson (6)    
2014    |  1. Deild karla      |    5th     |        -        | Semi-Final|Group Stage|                | Daniel Guomundsson (9)      
2015    |  1. Deild karla      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round | Runner-Up |   Promotion    | Vioar Kjartansson (15)    
2016    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | Runner-up | Runner-Up | Europa League  | Vioar Kjartansson (15)
2017    |  Pepsideild karla    |    7th     | 2nd Qual Round  | 4th Round |Group Stage|                | Vioar Kjartansson (7)
2018    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | 4th Round | Semi-Final| Europa League  | Stefan Porsteinsson (11)
2019    |  Pepsideild karla    |    5th     | 2nd Qual Round  | Semi-Final| Runner-Up |                | Dana Harryson (10)
2020    |  Pepsideild karla    |    4th     |        -        | 4th Round | Runner-Up | Europa League  | Daoi Arnason (14)
2021    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     | 2nd Qual Round  | 4th Round |Group Stage| Europa League  | Daoi Arnason (12)
2022    |  Pepsideild karla    |    4th     | 3rd Qual Round  | 4th Round |Group Stage| Europa League  | Kristinn Steindorsson (9)
2023    |  Pepsideild karla    |    2nd     | 2nd Qual Round  | 4th Round | Champions | Europa League  | Halldor Margeirsson (19)
2024    |  Pepsideild karla    | Champions  | 2nd Qual Round  | Semi-Final| Champions |Champions League| Halldor Margeirsson (21)

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2029 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! SEVENTH TIME IN A ROW!

Great campaign on home soil. Won 27 of 30 games, scored 84 and let only 11 in. Still manage to lose one game, so the much sought after unbeaten record is still to be achieved. I feel it is the same pattern when we lose, we dominate, they score a screamer, I throw everything at them, but we are unable to score in that game.

We had our other loss in the cup. No double this time.

CL-update:

I feel we struggle a bit more in Europe now.

In the 8th final we met Arsenal. We beat them at home, but made complete fools of ourselves away. A 5-0 loss and bye, bye Europe.

Barcelona beat Arsenal at Wembley in the CL-final.

So, this autumn we were ranked 10th in Europe and were seeded second for the group draw. We are pretty close at being top seeds now. Still a tough group. Holders Barcelona, Olympic Lyon and Sparta Praha. Had to beat Barca in the last game to qualify for the last 16, and we made it.

Finished second in the group stage, and will meet Bayern Munich in the 8th final. I am more pessimistic about Europe now, but we will give it a try. For a change I have arranged two friendlies in january, away to Boca and Sao Paolo, just to prepare well for the knock-out stage. Hope it will be a good move.

Best player: He is unbelievable when it comes to assists. This season Jamie McLoughlin managed 27.

Top scorer: Unstoppable again: Tomasz Frankowski. He has never been the top scorer in the league, though, because I have rotated the forwards a lot. This year I played him nearly every match, and he crowned ten years in a row as Tollnes top scorer with being top scorer in the league.

Remarkably he didn't score any goals in Europe or in the cup.

Norwegian starlet: There haven't been many great Norwegian players, but in Andre Holte I think I have found a gem. The new Frankowski perhaps?

Economy: Not good. And with a wage bill of 170 mill. kroner a year, the money is flowing out.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 4.000.000 p/w (3.500.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 60 mill. Nkr (30 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 8362 (7850)

Players in: 7 (11)

Players out: 6 ( 7 )

Trophy room.

Next year: I will try to introduce som new, young players in the team. Aiming for a perfect season at home, in Europe I think we will have a hard time. Hope I will prove myself wrong.

PS: Really enjoying the save, are attached to the club, and I own a shirt with my name on. Have had it for years. Maybe I will try to see they play irl this spring. They are in the 3. division and the media has predicted them to finish tenth.:) Hope they prove the doubters wrong.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)
2026   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | S-final | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (22)
2027   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (28)
2028   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2029   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    |  3.rnd  | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (27)

Taunton seems Tomasz Frankowski has a rather impressive National team record too! Holte looks to have potencial and lets hope he can fore-fill it. :thup:

Yeah. It had been nice to have a real Norwegian star in the team. I will give him more playing time this season, so hopefully he will flourish.

Six in a row. Well done, midgetram.

How is your youth intake, by the way? I still struggle to get some good players, even though I constantly upgrade the facilites. Lets hope the progress will continue for you in Europe.

My intakes are usually quite good, at least one or two potential squad players per intake is what I like to see. I'm quite lucky because Macva have a youth academy from the start so the quality of players coming through at the beginning were decent to begin with. One thing I do know though is look for 4.5+ star youth coaches per category, they usually help bring them up quite quickly.

Nice to see you have 7 league titles in a row now, I'll have to keep pace this season ;)

Also, congrats Rochebag on finally getting that league title.

Just been offered the USA and South Africa jobs. Declined.

Henning Berg steps down as SK 'Tycoon' Brann manager and is appointed the new England coach!:eek:

Can't believe it. Your save is like science fiction. Both that Brann have a lot of money and that Henning Berg is a succesful manager.:D

Really hope you can knock those rich b****rds off their perch.

On another note. I have won the league seven times in a row, still Rosenborg have higher reputation than me and are favourites for the league every year.

The reputation system in this game is ok, but absolutely not great.

Edit: And I just drew Sola in the first round of the cup.:)

And to top it off...

GundoNews_Inbox-1.png

Taunton, some how I don't think little old Sola will upset the Mighty Tollnes, well not unless Fossan is still around.;)

That was a tempting offer. Look at the transfer budget. It is three times more than my biggest budget ever with Tollnes.

Bet you had to give it a little consideration before you declined.

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2022

Tippeligaen Final Positon

Not played this save for several weeks and it was nice to get back into the save. Slight under achievement in the league this campaign, but that I feel was down to competing in the Champions League and Europa League. Our eventual finish of third place, was slightly disappointing and was certainly influenced by a horrendous spell of injuries aswel, suffered by a number of key players and most long term. It was great to finally get European experience under our belt aswel, we just fell short of a gaining a CL group spot after a 3-2agg win against Dynamo Kiev, that then followed by a 3-2agg defeat to Roma during qaulification. A 34 year old Pato doing the damage in both ties. Our Europa League campaign is currently ongoing...

The Players

Sindre Fossan - The old boy is on his way out now, hopefully he'll join our coaching staff.

Joakim Aaland - Despite injuries at key times, Joakim still managed to impress and take the club top scorer award again.

Gabriel Strøm - Captain fantastic, an absolut rock and much of Europe is circling.

Lars Henning Myhren - Won Norwegian Young Player of the year again, still developing and getting stronger, forged a decent partnership with Aaland up top.

Jonathan Bjerk - Signed for a club record 2 million, listed as a promising striker, huge promise.

Nationality count Jan. 2022

35 Norwegians

4 Swedes

2 Danish

1 Finnish

Average attendance: 6,859.

SK Brann Tycoon Watch

Another season of domination for Brann, ran away with the league losing only one game! I have in place a 4/5 year plan to knock them off their perch.;)

Next season: Hopefully we'll be more used to competing in Europe and it wont effect our league form.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement| Top Scorer (Lge)
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)         
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9) 
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16) 
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)      
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)      
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (13) 
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2nd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8) 
2019    |  Adeccoligaen      |    1st     |        -        | Final    | Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (18) 
2020    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Antti Lempinen (8) 
2021    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |        -        |   Semi   |            | Joakim Aaland (18)
2022    |  Tippeligaen       |    3rd     |     ongoing     | 3rd Round|            | Joakim Aaland (17)

FC_YPA.png

FC YPA Ylivieska - Finland

Season 4: Roster : Transfers : Table : Position Graph : Top 11 : Top 11 All Time

League: It was quite the successful 2nd season in the Premiere League. With the money from the Aas sale last season I went out and almost completely brought in a new starting squad. The squad gelled fairly quickly and by the end of the first month we were atop the table and never had anyone come close to challenging us. We won the league with 7 games left to go in the season and finished 22 points above 2nd place TPS. By finishing 1st we are getting into Europe for the first time starting in the Champions Cup Second Qualifying round next season. Five YPA players made the league Team of the Season and two YPA players were the top Rookie of the Year vote getters. Won Manager of the Year by a runaway margin. The club also had the two highest league scorers.

Cup: The club started strong in the Finnish League Cup by winning our group. Unfortunately while the squad was still getting used to all the new player we were dumped out in the Quarterfinal 3-0 by JJK, That put us in the Finnish Cup where the club went to the Finals vs KuPS. The club played a bad first 90 minutes and the game went into extra time 2-2. The team really picked it up int he first extra 15 minutes scoring 3 times. That 15 minutes gave the club its first silverware under my management.

Key Players:

Carlos Bengard- Brought in this summer to be the clubs scorer. Was slow at the start of the season but caught firs the 2nd half scoring 42 goals on the season. Lead the league in MoM awards and was the Fans Player of the Year

Emil Madsen: Brought in to be the playmaker in the clubs new formation. Lead the league in assists and set a club record in them.

Henrik Andersen: Was a rock in defense. Held the backline strong early while the club was gelling.

Martyn Williams: Was injured at the start of the year but came on strong the 2nd half of the season on the wing.

Last Season Goals:

Use money to strenghen sqaud - done

Get to Cup final - done

Finish in league top 3 - done

Next Season Goals: Finish league undefeated. Win Finnish League Cup. Decent showing in Europe.

http://fmblog.patmoses.com

Congrats on the title GoalieMan, always nice to see another participant in the Champions League; and good luck getting through the qualifying rounds.

And good luck in Europe Gundo (if you're still in at this time) and also hope you can catch Brann and their stupid tycoon, how dare they stand in your way of the league title ;)

FK Macva Sabac - 2022/23 End of Season Update - Super League

Is it 6 years ago already?

League (Positions) : Despite the smaller margin of victory than usual, there weren't many problems this season. Our European exploits caused us to fall a couple games behind schedule (hence the dip in positions late on in the season) but even coming through a hectic period at the end of the season didn't stop us beating our personal best points total. Also, we managed to break the 23-year-old record of goals scored, and that was back when the league contained 21 teams.

Cup : 6 games, 6 wins. Not much more to say than that, not even Partizan in the semis causing any problems. The final (against 1st division side Radnicki) was a complete one-sided affair and was pretty much over when Lukovic got his 1st goal.

Champions League : Sigh. One of these years we'll have a nice draw, I'm sure of it. This year opponents were AC Milan, FC Porto and Dinamo Zagreb. Yes, there's no English side there; but Porto won the title only 2 years ago. Unsurprisingly lost in Milan before beating Dinamo easily at home. Afterwards was the crucial double-header against the Portuguese side, and after falling harshly 2-1 at home, we got hammered 4-0 away sealing out fate out of the competition. The team decided to play with freedom in the last couple of games, beating Milan at home as well as thrashing Dinamo but it still left us only 3rd in the group.

Europa League : This is becoming quite an annoying sight talking about this competition, but here goes. With our 9 points in the groups, we were seeded and once more got a CL-dropout, this time Dynamo Kyiv. A surprising 2-0 win away was backed up with a 3-1 win at home, ensuring a fairly easy passage to the last 16.

Here we found ourselves travelling to Amsterdam to play Ajax, and after losing a tight game 1-0 in the Netherlands we somehow snuck out a 2-0 win at home, with Katai scoring in the 113th minute.

So for only the second time, we were in the Quarters of a European competition, and this was a major step-up. Our opponents were AS Roma but once again, were weren't daunted by our task. Letting a 2-goal lead slip in Rome was annoying (ending up in a 2-2 draw) but this more than made amends with a fantastic display at home, cumulating in a 5-1 win, and a 7-3 victory on aggregate.

Into the Semis we went, where like 6 years ago we got Spanish opposition; this time in the form of Sevilla. Losing 2-0 at home in a even game was the killer blow though, and even with a good performance in Spain we couldn't push ourselves into the final, bowing out 4-2 overall.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers (1)(2) : What happens when you have a lot of people on their last year / 18 months of contracts and refusing to sign new deals: you have a mid-season fire sale of course :). At least it minimised the squad burnout with so many youngsters being brought up throughout the season.

Also as a side note, we scored 142 goals in all competitions this season, and our top scorers only had 15, and neither of them were strikers.

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...) : Vukasin Gavrilovic - AML

*Must not give it to Katai again* *Must not give it to Viltoic again* Oh well, Katai's young apprentice will have to do :rolleyes:

Finances : Dear shareholders, please can you stop taking over £10m a season out of the account. I just like looking at an ever-increasing bank balance...

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The U-19s of Macva did their own double AGAIN (their 3rd in a row), although the title was a close affair again and were tremendously lucky in the cup final also.

2023 Champions League Final: Liverpool 0p-0 Real Madrid (Liverpool winning 4-3 on pens). It was asking too much for 3 non-English winners in a row. Although in the 120 minutes prior to the shootout, Liverpool did not have a single shot on target.

2023 Europa League Final: Sevilla 0p-0 Sporting Lison (Sevilla winning 4-1 on pens). Again the winning side in the shootout got outplayed and had 0 shots on target in the 120 mins prior.

There were 9 Macva players included in the Serbian squad for the Euro U-21 Champs, held in the Czech Republic this time. For once, they actually qualified from their group quite easily; beating France, Germany and Romania quite easily. However, they were unlucky against England in the Semi as despite dominating the game, went down 2-1.

In the final, England beat France in a mammoth penalty shootout, 12-11, after a 3-3 draw after extra time.

2023 North American Gold Cup: Mexico 5-0 Guatemala in the final. USA have only made the final once in the last 6 tournaments, which to me is a bit surprising.

2023 African Cup of Nations: Algeria 0p-0 Egypt. Algeria were also hosts, meaning it was the first host winners since Egypt in 2006.

At the end of the season, we got another stadium expansion announced, again on the North stand :confused:.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2030 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! EIGHT TIME IN A ROW!

Finally we managed to go a season unbeaten. That was the only task left for us at home. Changed tactics to be more adventurous and possesion orientated and that paid off. We dominated every game.

In the cup there was a bit "Tour de Gundo". First we met Sola, and then we crashed out in the fourth round against Randaberg. Dominated greatly, but failed to score. So no cup win this year.

CL-update:

Promising spring in the CL. We met Bayern in the 8th-final and went through on penalties.

In the quarter-final we comfortably got past Chelsea.

That left us in a semi-final against Atletico Madrid. Lost the first leg 1-0 away. They scored first in the return leg, but we managed to get two goals back. And even though we pressed massively we couldn't get that third and decisive one. So out in the semis on away goals.

Arsenal beat Atletico in the final.

This autumn we were ranked 8th in Europe. That meant for the first time we would be ranked first in the draw.

Got Porto, CSKA Moscow and Basel in a pretty tough group. We continued our possesion based football and won the group.

That means we will play against Dortmund in the 8th-final, and hopefully this can be the year we progress to the final.

Best player: With 15 goals and 21 assists, Jamie McLoughlin were immense.

Top scorer: Think this will be his last season as top scorer. Tomasz Frankowski has been and is a legend, but there are hungry players chasing him now, and he is not so sharp as he has been. Only 16 goals this season, the other goals were evenly shared across the team.

Norwegian starlet: Andre Holte did well with 8 goals in 13 games in his first full season. Expect more from him.

Economy: Not bad. But we are not becoming a mega-rich club before the reputation of the Norwegian league increases, and we get a stadium with a capacity of 20-30.000. We also have a massive wage-bill.

Wage budget: Nkr 4.750.000 p/w (4.000.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 27 mill. Nkr (60 mill. Nkr )

Av. attendance: 9519 (78362)

Players in: 4 (7)

Players out: 8 ( 6 )

Trophy room.

Next year: Can't give up on that champions league trophy. It is the holy grail now.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)
2026   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | S-final | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (22)
2027   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (28)
2028   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2029   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    |  3.rnd  | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (27)
2030   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    |  4.rnd  | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (16)

royalsprimontcomblain.gif

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2023-24 Season

League : 1st | Progress chart | Fixtures

Championship playoff : Winner | Fixtures

Belgian Cup : Winners

Champions League : S-Final | Group | Fixtures

Transfer report

I am reasonably happy with my squad at the moment, so not a great deal of movement. Some slight shuffling of defensive backups, the versatile Bertram being replaced by two promising Argentinian DCs and a potentially great full back in Klaus Thiessen the only real news here.

Klaus Thiesen

Season report

Belgium is still mine, although a little closer than usual (details below), including back to back league defeats for the first time since 2017. The double was however still secured without major alarm.

Meanwhile in Europe, we made rather a hash of a simple looking Champions League group, giving us a much harder path to the business end of the competition. A rather brutal affair against Barcelona (9 yellows, a red and a major injury) gave us a lead to take to the Nou Camp where we bossed them around, albeit largely on the break.

The match at the Bernabeu was a bit of a head scratcher, as we blew a 2 goal lead and then gifted their 10 men a winner late on. Real returned the favour at home though, Madrid keeper Marc Duffy (yes, that one) inexplicably dropping a 60 yard clearance onto Jan Bungert's right foot in the second minute, and giving us an own goal in the 7th minute. Two late goals tidied up an easy victory.

Onto Chelsea in the semis, and we just never got it going. They were 2-0 up inside the first half, and despite salvaging a draw in that one, we succumbed to a fairly tame 3-2 defeat at Stamford Bridge to go out. Romelu Lukaku showing a distinct lack of Belgian loyalty by scoring in both legs for Chelsea.

Squad report

That man again, even missing the best part of two months with a broken arm and a knee injury, Francisco Fernandez still rattled home 60 goals. Decent backup from Bungert and Mazari as well. Overall, the squad looks okay, perhaps a tiny bit short in the centre of midfield. We did miss Manuel Buzaglo after he broke his foot.

Francisco Fernandez

Manuel Buzaglo

Short term plan from last season

"Win the Champions League." Nope, but close. Maybe next year.

Short term plan for next season

Win the Champions League.

Other news

Time for the tycoon special, as Standard throw lots of money around, and actually make an impression on our domestic dominance. Juan Cotella was indeed the real deal, and ended the season one goal behind Fernandez in goals scored, and 3 awards ahead for MOM awards. They also reached their first Belgian Cup final in 10 years, and, had they not had the misfortune to draw Man City in the Europa League knockout stages, would probably have done well there too. Let's see if they splash more money this summer...

Belgium in the world

Not quite so successful this year, Brugge sold goal machine Dione for a criminally low £7.5M to PSG, and they lost in the first Europa League knockout round. Standard got to the second knockout round, but as mentioned ran into Man City. Overall though, we've done enough to catch Russia in the coefficients, and now only Portugal stand between Belgium and a 3rd Champions League place.

Season	Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff
2012-13 3A   1st    4th    N/A         N/A       Promoted as champions     19th             11th           N/A
2013-14 2    3rd    6th    N/A         N/A       2nd in promotion playoff  16th             10th           N/A
2014-15 2    2nd    WON    N/A         N/A       Promoted through playoff  14th             10th           N/A
2015-16 1    9th    S/F    N/A         4th Qual                            11th             10th           N/A
2016-17 1    1st    Final  N/A         N/A       Champions!                10th             11th           N/A
2017-18 1    1st    S/F    3rd in grp  Q/F                                 14th             11th           180th
2018-19 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  WON       Treble!                   12th             11th           78th
2019-20 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A       Euro Super Cup winners    14th             11th           42nd
2020-21 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  Final     Unbeaten in Belgium       13th             11th           29th
2021-22 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A                                 12th             10th           19th
2022-23 1    1st    WON    S/Final     N/A                                 12th             8th            10th
2023-24 1    1st    WON    S/Final     N/A                                 9th              8th            6th

Really solid, vurogj. And Fernandez is absolutely amazing. I think you are closer than me to get that CL-trophy, I just can't find away past the semi-finals.

Welcome to the eight in a row-club, and hopefully you will complete the challenge soon.

By the way, how does the championship play off thing in Belgium work? It seems a bit complicated.

Thanks Taunton, seeing you and midgetram winning multiple titles really motivated me to kick on and try to get this thing done. Fernandez is just hilarious, almost every shot is fired as if he hates the football, even tap ins from two yards out threaten to rip the net from it's moorings.

The championship playoff isn't so bad. After everyone has played twice, the top six have their points halved (I think it rounds up odd points) and play each other again twice to decide the final table.

Lower down it's insane. The next 8 teams go into a two groups of four mini-tournament, top two from each group play semis and a final to get a Europa League place. Last season, the team in 12th of 16 won it. The bottom two play each other to decide who joins the three period winners from the second league (about a third of the season each) in a promotion/relegation playoff group. (That doesn't even make sense to me, and I typed it!)

Wow. That relegation and play off system is insane. When they can make it that complicated no wonder that the Belgians have been without a government for a long, long period. The like to make things difficult for themselves down there.

Chutney132 presents The Magnificent Magyars

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6166/markperrilloverviewprof.jpg

Manager Mark Perrill is now the proud Manager of Szentlőrinc SE in the Hungarian Division II - West. Predicted to come 15th (of 16th) and valued at only 95k, Perrill will really have his work cut out for him.

Speaking briefly to the press, Perrill said "I am delighted to take the helm here, and I hope for a long and succesful stint here. I am a great fan of the legendary 'Golden Team' of the 1950s, and I will be attempting to mould this team into a Modern version, incorporating fitness-intensive regimes, Deep-Lying Centre Forwards, Versatility accross the board and (hopefully) a version of the great WM formation of Sebes"

Will it work? Only time will tell...

Side Note - I have been keenly following this challenge over the last few years but never actually tried to do it. Following the untimely demise of my Journeyman save, I thought what better time to attempt the Monster? I wish you all the best of luck, and hope you will be able to assist me (or at least show me how far I have to go to catch you guys)!

Chutney132 presents The Magnificent Magyars

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6166/markperrilloverviewprof.jpg

Manager Mark Perrill is now the proud Manager of Szentlőrinc SE in the Hungarian Division II - West. Predicted to come 15th (of 16th) and valued at only 95k, Perrill will really have his work cut out for him.

Speaking briefly to the press, Perrill said "I am delighted to take the helm here, and I hope for a long and succesful stint here. I am a great fan of the legendary 'Golden Team' of the 1950s, and I will be attempting to mould this team into a Modern version, incorporating fitness-intensive regimes, Deep-Lying Centre Forwards, Versatility accross the board and (hopefully) a version of the great WM formation of Sebes"

Will it work? Only time will tell...

Side Note - I have been keenly following this challenge over the last few years but never actually tried to do it. Following the untimely demise of my Journeyman save, I thought what better time to attempt the Monster? I wish you all the best of luck, and hope you will be able to assist me (or at least show me how far I have to go to catch you guys)!

A very warm welcome to you. Good luck with this great challenge!

Four years on from the horror of a 7-1 drubbing in the Europa League final, we get our own back. Could this be the year...

Wow! Congratulations. Crossing fingers for you for the next matches. Good luck.

2012 Winter Break Update

Things have started reasonably well for Perrill at Szentlorinc, as his side sit 6th after 15 games (7-4-4 record), despite major unrest in the squad caused by the Manager denying some requests for First Team Football...

In came 33 players (7 on loan), and whilst that has given me a good choice of lineup, it has resulted in a lot of unhappy players. However, my thinking is 'trim the fat' at the end of the season and I'll have a strong core next year, as this year is solely about staying up (especially as MTK are in my division this year and only 1 is promoted).

All in all a good start, although I think morale will become an issue as it goes on...

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2024-25 Season

Champions League : WINNERS | Group | Fixtures

Transfer report

I have a very good squad. Despite that, there will always be room for players whose contracts are criminally allowed to expire by top class teams who should know better, or potential talents I can get on or before their 18th birthdays.

Season report

Belgium, once again, was the relaxing break in between the tense, exciting challenge of ultimate glory. Three games away from a perfect domestic campaign, we also outshot the opposition in those three games but football is what it is.

Seeded first in our group, losing at home was a bit of a wake up, and we didn't concede again to secure top spot. In the knockout stages, Manchester United were up first, and mini revenge was gained for our semi-final defeat to them two seasons ago. We are yet to lose to them in four games now. We weren't finished with Manchester though, and went back to City to avenge a 4 year old debt. Cold dishes all round. Then, strangely, it got a bit anti-climactic. Schalke have always been a favourite opponent for Sprimont, and Porto in the final? We were beating them for the Super Cup 6 years ago with a much worse side than we are now. 3-0 up long before halftime, the final just became a matter of whether Fernandez could complete his hat-trick to secure the Champion's League Golden Boot ahead of Porto's Soares. He could.

Squad report

All competitive appearances for Sprimont included

Player                   Position      Signed on  Transfer details                      Played Assists Goals MoM
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RubenSanchez.png"]Ruben Sanchez[/url]            GK            1/7/2018   £100k from Bella Vista                364    0       0     6
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25AbzalUlshin.png"]Abzal Ul'shin[/url]            GK            1/7/2018   Free (released by Bayern Munich)      60     0       0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JohanBorup.png"]Johan Borup[/url]              DRLC          3/1/2017   Free (released by Midtjylland)        280    18      24    8
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25KlausThiesen.png"]Klaus Thiesen[/url]            DRL WBR DM    9/1/2024   £1.9M from Mainz                      52     2       0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RegisTessier.png"]Regis Tessier[/url]            DRL WBL       31/7/2022  £5M from Olympique Lyonnais           99     9       0     1
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25DonnyDekkers.png"]Donny Dekkers[/url]            DC            7/7/2020   £2M from Feyenoord                    189    17      78    17
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25CasWillems.png"]Cas Willems[/url]              DC            13/7/2021  £1.1M from AZ Alkmaar                 113    7       31    6
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25CarlosFernandoJimenez.png"]Carlos Fernandez Jimenez[/url] DC            1/7/2024   Free (released by Barcelona)          32     5       16    3
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25SantiagoJesus.png"]Santiago Jesus[/url]           DC            1/1/2024   £10k from FCB Juniors Lujan           43     1       4     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25LorenzoLamboley.png"]Lorenzo Lamboley[/url]         DC DM MC      1/7/2019   Free from FC Sochaux                  163    32      18    2
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RemiDecroix.png"]Remi Decroix[/url]             DL WBL DM MLC 16/8/2022  £1.6M from RC Lens                    100    15      0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25ManuelBuzaglo.png"]Manuel Buzaglo[/url]           DM MC         11/8/2018  £1.6M from Velez                      192    99      45    12
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25Toquinho.png"]Toquinho[/url]                 MR AMRL       1/7/2022   £5M from Watford                      67     54      19    4
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25BaptisteGuillot.png"]Baptiste Guillot[/url]         MLC AMRL      6/7/2019   £1.8M from FC Nantes                  181    92      41    7
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25OusmaneTraore.png"]Ousmane Traore[/url]           MC            1/7/2019   £7M from Havre AC                     186    41      19    3
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25NorbertoMaciel.png"]Norberto Maciel[/url]          MC            1/1/2020   £1.3M from Velez                      160    79      10    5
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25AndoAvisoa.png"]Ando Avisoa[/url]              M/AMRL        23/10/2019 Free (released by Olympique Lyonnais) 104    55      34    7
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JosueGarcia.png"]Josue Garcia[/url]             AM RLC        5/7/2021   £4.5M from Sevilla                    129    82      58    16
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25GhilesMazari.png"]Ghiles Mazari[/url]            AMC ST        5/7/2015   Free (released by STVV)               378    119     400   96
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25DmitryRomanenkov.png"]Dmitry Romanenkov[/url]        AMC ST        12/1/2025  £1.3M from Krasnodar                  13     10      9     1
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25FranciscoFernandez.png"]Francisco Fernandez[/url]      ST            1/1/2019   £30k from FCB Juniors Lujan           284    131     299   69
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JanBungert.png"]Jan Bungert[/url]              ST            1/1/2022   £1.7M from Dortmund                   108    50      90    15
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25Je.png"]Je[/url]                       ST            1/1/2023   £2.6M from Santos                     46     32      29    8

"Win the Champions League." Mission complete, and now there are new challenges to take on. Sprimont, and Belgium, are still underranked in Europe. This must be fixed.

Overtake Portugal in the European coefficients.

Other news

Tycoon watch : Standard manager Michael Preud'homme retired at the end of last season, and (after I turned the job down) was replaced by ex-Bayern player Daniel van Buyten. He only spent £12 Million in the summer window, including a rather odd £5.5 Million for a 33 year old Dedryck Boyata, and they never came close to keeping up with us. The last straw for the fans was taking Inter's £17.25M offer in January for Juan Cotella, who with 74 goals in only 82 games was already endearing himself to the Standard faithful. van Buyten duly failed to see out February, and (after I turned the job down again) Standard picked Ricardo Gomes to try and waste the tycoon's money.

Other other news

During the course of this season, I hit the 700 game mark, and winning the Champion's League earned me a place in the World Hall of Fame list.

Belgium in the world

Well, the other Belgian teams weren't great, as usual. Standard led the way though, blowing a 3-0 first leg lead over Galatasaray in the Champions League qualifiers, then losing the penalty shootout, stumbling through their Europa League group, then losing 2-0 to a Werder Bremen team that only managed one shot on target. No wonder van Buyten bit the bullet.

Season	Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff
2012-13 3A   1st    4th    N/A         N/A       Promoted as champions     19th             11th           N/A
2013-14 2    3rd    6th    N/A         N/A       2nd in promotion playoff  16th             10th           N/A
2014-15 2    2nd    WON    N/A         N/A       Promoted through playoff  14th             10th           N/A
2015-16 1    9th    S/F    N/A         4th Qual                            11th             10th           N/A
2016-17 1    1st    Final  N/A         N/A       Champions!                10th             11th           N/A
2017-18 1    1st    S/F    3rd in grp  Q/F                                 14th             11th           180th
2018-19 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  WON       Treble!                   12th             11th           78th
2019-20 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A       Euro Super Cup winners    14th             11th           42nd
2020-21 1    1st    WON    3rd in grp  Final     Unbeaten in Belgium       13th             11th           29th
2021-22 1    1st    WON    Q/Final     N/A                                 12th             10th           19th
2022-23 1    1st    WON    S/Final     N/A                                 12th             8th            10th
2023-24 1    1st    WON    S/Final     N/A                                 9th              8th            6th
2024-25 1    1st    WON    WINNERS!!!  N/A       CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!!!   9th              8th            5th

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2024-25 Season

Champions League : WINNERS | Group | Fixtures

Transfer report

I have a very good squad. Despite that, there will always be room for players whose contracts are criminally allowed to expire by top class teams who should know better, or potential talents I can get on or before their 18th birthdays.

Season report

Belgium, once again, was the relaxing break in between the tense, exciting challenge of ultimate glory. Three games away from a perfect domestic campaign, we also outshot the opposition in those three games but football is what it is.

Seeded first in our group, losing at home was a bit of a wake up, and we didn't concede again to secure top spot. In the knockout stages, Manchester United were up first, and mini revenge was gained for our semi-final defeat to them two seasons ago. We are yet to lose to them in four games now. We weren't finished with Manchester though, and went back to City to avenge a 4 year old debt. Cold dishes all round. Then, strangely, it got a bit anti-climactic. Schalke have always been a favourite opponent for Sprimont, and Porto in the final? We were beating them for the Super Cup 6 years ago with a much worse side than we are now. 3-0 up long before halftime, the final just became a matter of whether Fernandez could complete his hat-trick to secure the Champion's League Golden Boot ahead of Porto's Soares. He could.

Squad report

All competitive appearances for Sprimont included

Player                   Position      Signed on  Transfer details                      Played Assists Goals MoM
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RubenSanchez.png"]Ruben Sanchez[/url]            GK            1/7/2018   £100k from Bella Vista                364    0       0     6
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25AbzalUlshin.png"]Abzal Ul'shin[/url]            GK            1/7/2018   Free (released by Bayern Munich)      60     0       0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JohanBorup.png"]Johan Borup[/url]              DRLC          3/1/2017   Free (released by Midtjylland)        280    18      24    8
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25KlausThiesen.png"]Klaus Thiesen[/url]            DRL WBR DM    9/1/2024   £1.9M from Mainz                      52     2       0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RegisTessier.png"]Regis Tessier[/url]            DRL WBL       31/7/2022  £5M from Olympique Lyonnais           99     9       0     1
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25DonnyDekkers.png"]Donny Dekkers[/url]            DC            7/7/2020   £2M from Feyenoord                    189    17      78    17
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25CasWillems.png"]Cas Willems[/url]              DC            13/7/2021  £1.1M from AZ Alkmaar                 113    7       31    6
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25CarlosFernandoJimenez.png"]Carlos Fernandez Jimenez[/url] DC            1/7/2024   Free (released by Barcelona)          32     5       16    3
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25SantiagoJesus.png"]Santiago Jesus[/url]           DC            1/1/2024   £10k from FCB Juniors Lujan           43     1       4     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25LorenzoLamboley.png"]Lorenzo Lamboley[/url]         DC DM MC      1/7/2019   Free from FC Sochaux                  163    32      18    2
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25RemiDecroix.png"]Remi Decroix[/url]             DL WBL DM MLC 16/8/2022  £1.6M from RC Lens                    100    15      0     0
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25ManuelBuzaglo.png"]Manuel Buzaglo[/url]           DM MC         11/8/2018  £1.6M from Velez                      192    99      45    12
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25Toquinho.png"]Toquinho[/url]                 MR AMRL       1/7/2022   £5M from Watford                      67     54      19    4
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25BaptisteGuillot.png"]Baptiste Guillot[/url]         MLC AMRL      6/7/2019   £1.8M from FC Nantes                  181    92      41    7
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25OusmaneTraore.png"]Ousmane Traore[/url]           MC            1/7/2019   £7M from Havre AC                     186    41      19    3
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25NorbertoMaciel.png"]Norberto Maciel[/url]          MC            1/1/2020   £1.3M from Velez                      160    79      10    5
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25AndoAvisoa.png"]Ando Avisoa[/url]              M/AMRL        23/10/2019 Free (released by Olympique Lyonnais) 104    55      34    7
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JosueGarcia.png"]Josue Garcia[/url]             AM RLC        5/7/2021   £4.5M from Sevilla                    129    82      58    16
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25GhilesMazari.png"]Ghiles Mazari[/url]            AMC ST        5/7/2015   Free (released by STVV)               378    119     400   96
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25DmitryRomanenkov.png"]Dmitry Romanenkov[/url]        AMC ST        12/1/2025  £1.3M from Krasnodar                  13     10      9     1
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25FranciscoFernandez.png"]Francisco Fernandez[/url]      ST            1/1/2019   £30k from FCB Juniors Lujan           284    131     299   69
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25JanBungert.png"]Jan Bungert[/url]              ST            1/1/2022   £1.7M from Dortmund                   108    50      90    15
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Vurogj/Gundos%20FM2012%20challenge%20Belgium/Sprimont24-25Je.png"]Je[/url]                       ST            1/1/2023   £2.6M from Santos                     46     32      29    8

"Win the Champions League." Mission complete, and now there are new challenges to take on. Sprimont, and Belgium, are still underranked in Europe. This must be fixed.

Overtake Portugal in the European coefficients.

Other news

Tycoon watch : Standard manager Michael Preud'homme retired at the end of last season, and (after I turned the job down) was replaced by ex-Bayern player Daniel van Buyten. He only spent £12 Million in the summer window, including a rather odd £5.5 Million for a 33 year old Dedryck Boyata, and they never came close to keeping up with us. The last straw for the fans was taking Inter's £17.25M offer in January for Juan Cotella, who with 74 goals in only 82 games was already endearing himself to the Standard faithful. van Buyten duly failed to see out February, and (after I turned the job down again) Standard picked Ricardo Gomes to try and waste the tycoon's money.

Other other news

During the course of this season, I hit the 700 game mark, and winning the Champion's League earned me a place in the World Hall of Fame list.

Belgium in the world

Well, the other Belgian teams weren't great, as usual. Standard led the way though, blowing a 3-0 first leg lead over Galatasaray in the Champions League qualifiers, then losing the penalty shootout, stumbling through their Europa League group, then losing 2-0 to a Werder Bremen team that only managed one shot on target. No wonder van Buyten bit the bullet.

Season    Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff
2024-25 1    1st    WON    WINNERS!!!  N/A       CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!!!   9th              8th            5th

Finally!! Congrats with the completion of the challenge! Well done!!

Chutney132's Magnificent Magyars

Szentlőrinc SE Season 1 [2012-13] Review

The Results

Hungarian Division II - West: Final Position - 8th (of 16) - http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7199/hungariandivisioniiwest.png

Hungarian Cup: Lost in Second Round (3-0 [A] vs Ajka)

The Money

Finances: -£230,458 (didn't actually realise it was that bad until checked it for this report!

Transfers: 35 in (7 loans) @ £1k, 6 out @ £0

My Thoughts

The Good:

- Final Position was fantastic, I was hoping to finish Top Ten and we did that reasonably comfortably

- Solid Foundation for future seasons

The Bad:

- Inconsistent, especially towards the back end of the Season (I was 4-7-4 after the Winter Break)

- ALOT of unhappy players at the club, which had a much bigger impact than I expected on morale, which was a major factor towards the end

The Ugly:

- Those Finances. Wow, that was a big loss, despite the fact that I had a £8k wage budget and rarely went above £5k (its now been reduced to £5.5k p/w). MUST do better with this next year...

Overall:

A really good season to cement our place in the Division, despite the HUGE turnover of players, and puts us in good shape for next season. I haven't been able to implement my Tactical Plans yet, as I just adopted a Rigid Counter Attacking 4-4-2 to make sure of safety. Hopefully I can try and bring this together this year, although I am happy to hold off on this experiment until later if needed...

Congrats vurogj on finally completing the challenge. Knew you were going to get there eventually. Have you got any plans domestically to keep things interesting?

That's a solid start Chutney, it seems quite tight near the top too. Is it only 1 promotion place available though?

Originally posted by Taunton

Solid season there, Chutney132. Gives you a lot to build on. Have you got any players with a promising potential?

Thanks Taunton, I am looking forward to the following season. No players of any note at the moment, as simply hired a new team (or teams!) to fill out the numbers last summer. This time around I'm planning on keeping the core and then looking at adding potential.

Originally posted by midgetram

That's a solid start Chutney, it seems quite tight near the top too. Is it only 1 promotion place available though?

Thanks midgetram. It was a very tight midfield (about 3rd-10th) all season. MTK were just too strong all year though, which when looking at the fact they've won the Hungarian Top Flight 23 times is no surprise (quite how they ended up in this division in real life is beyond me!). It is only 1 promotion place, and 'B' teams cannot be promoted.

On a couple of housekeeping notes,

(i) can anyone advise me (or point me in the direction of the thread) how to 'name' links? i.e. allowing you to click on 'League Table' rather than some link to imageshack to view my pics? (like most of you guys do in your reports)

(ii) also, whats the best way of adding my history into my posts? (i.e. in code like vurogj has) - is it create it in Word and then paste into code tags or some other way?

Sorry if this is clearly mentioned somewhere else, feel free to send me that way if it is, I'm just thinking out loud as I type (probably not the best idea ;) )

First off, thanks guys, as I mentioned an update or two ago, your successes motivated me to get on with my efforts, and I'm glad it paid off.

As to where I go from here, I've got a few choices. Having played over the summer, Sprimont jumped to #1 in the European coefficients (half a point ahead of Europa League winners Chelsea), but our reputation is still a long way down the list (we are on the first page of European teams though). Taking Sprimont on to try and max out the reputation is an option. Also there is the chance that another Standard manager could get sacked, and I get offered that job. Sprimont will be fine without me for a few years, and having Standard's Tycoon's money (or what's left of it) could mean two Belgian sides pummeling Europe, which would help the country coefficient.

I could go for another bottom tier Belgian team and repeat the rise, again with the long term aim of helping Belgium, but this time add some constraints (no South Americans for a start), or I could just go crazy, add a bunch of leagues and see what other major clubs want the reigning Champion's League manager.

I see pros and cons for all of these, what are your thoughts?

As for Chutney's housekeeping notes, for (i) I switch to "Go Advanced" on the reply button, and highlight the text I want to use as a "named" link, then click the link icon and paste the link. For (ii), yup, you've got the way. I use Notepad (but any fixed width font program will do) and copy it all across once it's formatted to my liking. It can take me over an hour to get a post right sometimes. :lol::rolleyes:

Chutney132's Magnificent Magyars

Szentlőrinc SE Season 2 [2013-14] Review

The Results

Hungarian Division II - West: Final Position - 11th (of 16)

Hungarian Cup: Lost in Third Round (2-3 AET [H] vs Diosgyor)

The Money

Finances: £157,623 (although this was helped by a change of ownership during the season)

Transfers: 9 in (1 loan) @ £0, 19 out @ £0

My Thoughts

The Good:

- Not a lot, to be honest. A streak of 5 wins in 6 at the end of the Season saved us, so hopefully I've stumbled upon a strategy!

The Bad:

- We just did not score enough goals. 31 in 30 games was a poor return, especially when you consider I scored 10 in my last 6 games...

- Once again, no youth prospects of any note, and no money to improve that in the near future.

Overall:

Despite the fact we were never actually in the relegation zone, there were large periods (particularly a 13 game winless streak either side of the break) when I feared the worse. Never did I feel comfortable, and when the talk of a Consortium (led by ex-Sporting and Manchester United keeper Ricardo!) arose, I feared for my job. I was very lucky that my job review fell at the same time as a run of 3 wins against the league's whipping boys.

As for Chutney's housekeeping notes, for (i) I switch to "Go Advanced" on the reply button, and highlight the text I want to use as a "named" link, then click the link icon and paste the link. For (ii), yup, you've got the way. I use Notepad (but any fixed width font program will do) and copy it all across once it's formatted to my liking. It can take me over an hour to get a post right sometimes. :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks vurogj! Hopefully those links in my latest review work, and I'm going to play around with the layouts for my Career History next!

In terms of what to do next, I'd recommend either creating a Dynasty with Sprimont (maybe breaking the Belgian record for League wins, Cup wins etc.) or starting the challenge again in another country, using the Add/Remove leagues feature (if that's allowed, of course ;))

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2031 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! NINTH TIME IN A ROW! & THE DOUBLE

Another solid season at home. Won 28 out of 30 games and scored a record of 121 goals in the league. We also trashed Sogndal in the cup-final. Also managed to win 29 games in a row in all competitions. Nine league titles in a row, just like Rangers and Celtic. We are getting closer to Rosenborgs 13.

CL-update:

Close but not cigar this time either. After beating Dortmund and Roma we got Man United in the semi-final. With a lacklustre performance at home, losing 2-0, we couldn't repair it at Old Trafford despite winning 1-0 there.

So that means four semi-final defeats in five years. It seems impossible to get past that final hurdle.

Benfica beat United in the final.

This autumn we were ranked 6th in Europe. And still first seeded.

Got Liverpool, Malaga and Sparta Prague in a pretty tough group. We did very well and won the group.

The prize for that was a draw against Real Madrid in the last 16. A tough way to a new semi-final.

Best player: My first player nominated for World player of the year, Jean-Noel Duhamel. A rock in the defence, and scoring a massive 28 goals from corners and set pieces. I have had corners aimed for near post every season, but has been nowhere near scoring that amount from them. Duhamel has been immense.

Top scorer: Just as I thought he was past his prime, he returns with his best season ever. Tomasz Frankowski was unstoppable with 35 goals this campaign. Add his 10 goals in 11 matches for Poland and you can tell it was a productive season from him. If I ever get another son he will be named Thomas Frank.

Economy: Ok. Still need a bigger stadium.

Wage budget: Nkr 4.750.000 p/w (4.750.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 77,5 mill. Nkr (27 mill. Nkr )

Av. attendance: 9873 (9519)

Players in: 3 (4)

Players out: 11 (8)

Trophy room.

Next year: Can't give up on that champions league trophy. It is the holy grail now.

2029   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    |  3.rnd  | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (27)
2030   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    |  4.rnd  | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (16)
2031   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (35)

Unlucky Taunton, if anyone else deserves a CL win its you. Hopefully you'll get there before you break Rosenborg's league title record ;)

Chutney, has there been any recommendations from staff about possible strikers? Just trying to think of how to increase that goal tally from last season that's all...

As far what to do next vurogj; I've always liked the idea of starting again from the bottom in the same game save, although I don't know what rules there are for that and how to get a position at the bottom again (unless a team gets promoted without a manager?). It could be interesting to see whether you could get Sprimont as a parent club as well to start with.

tollnes.jpg

And finally.......

TOLLNES WINS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!

After being 3-1 down to Manchester United in the final at Ibrox we got an amazing comback. In the 83. and 91. minute Frankowski and Romaniuc, our long life servers to the club, manage to even the scores.

It went to penalties. We scored three, they missed three and that was it. Challenge completed!!

And what better time to do it in Tollnes 100 anniversary year. Founded in 1932 they never would have thought they would be the best team in Europe 100 years after.

Really delighted about this. It has been a great ride, one of my best saves on FM ever. I would like to thank every one who have encouraged me along the way, and especially Gundo for starting this great challenge in the first place.

I manage to get a couple of players who has been at the club for years an been faithful and done a lot. And they really stood up in the end.

Tomasz Frankowski: Signed from Schalke on a free transfer as a 19 years old. Has been top scorer every season, with 300 goals for the club. An absolute superstar.

George Romaniuc: Signed from UT Arab as an 18 year old. My main target man and captain. Has scored over 200 goals in 16 seasons for the club. Thought he was past his prime, but he was the master behind the comeback in the final. Great player.

Mark Dombrowski: Signed from New York Red Bulls for 850.000 pounds as an 18 year old. Has over 100 assists in 10 seasons for the club. Very important playmaker. World class player.

Jean Noel Duhamel: The rock. Signed from Lillestrøm for 4,2 million pounds. Been at the club for seven seasons. An impact player.

The trophy room.

And the goals from the final:

[video=youtube;XJvH1O-cWIw]

What is next?

I am not going to do more updates, but I will definately continue the save. I will also do this challenge in FM13 that is for sure. I think I will try to get the Norwegian league up the rankings, and continue to improve facilities at Tollnes.

I have got my boyhood club as a farmer club for Tollnes, so if I can send players out on loan to them, and they can get into the league, I will try to manage them.

So again, thanks to everyone for encouragement, I will still lurk around. Good luck to other challengers.

Congratulations Taunton! Epic final to top it off, wonderful way to finish, and delighted for Frankowski (I'm an old softy, and love seeing veterans get late career glory).

I agree about the challenge, this has been my first time attempting one, and it's a really fun way to play the game, so thanks to Gundo as well.

vurogj

Congratulations
Taunton
! Epic final to top it off, wonderful way to finish, and delighted for Frankowski (I'm an old softy, and love seeing veterans get late career glory).

I agree about the challenge, this has been my first time attempting one, and it's a really fun way to play the game, so thanks to
Gundo
as well.

midgetram

Congrats
Taunton
, knew you'd eventually do it
:)
and of course Frankowski had to score in the final after that career.

So now after you and vurogj, that leaves just me to win the CL soon, no pressure then...
:rolleyes:

Thanks guys. It really is a great feeling to finally get the achievement. And regarding Frankowski, it's funny sometimes how you get attached to certain players in this game.

And midgetram, don't be impatient. You'll get there. Just continue to enjoy the save. I am crossing fingers for you and hoping you will get there in the end.

FK Macva Sabac - 2023/24 End of Season Update - Super League

Not this time...

League (Positions) : Unbeaten season! :D In fact, just a 2-2 draw at home to Red Star was the only blip in the entire campaign. Now looking at the position graph, anyone want to guess when it was?

Cup : 5 wins from 5 was the easy part, but due to the lateness of the final (not helped by it being pushed back 2 weeks) we were without a host of players away on international duty. Somehow we managed to take Novi Pazar to a penalty shootout, losing 6-5. In the game, 7 academy or newly-graduated recruits got their debuts so can't really complain about the result.

Champions League : Not the easiest group in the world; containing Man Utd, Roma and RB Salzburg but winning home and away against the Austrian and Italian sides put us through fairly comfortably in the end. We even managed to win 3-1 at Old Trafford, but losing the home game 4-0 ensured we got 2nd in the group.

Avoiding all the bigger players in the 1st Knock-out round, we still got Sevilla (who knocked us out of the EL semis last season). After winning the first leg 2-1 (due to 82nd and a 90th minute penalty), the tie was up for grabs but we never got going in Spain and were lucky to only lose 1-0. Still it meant that we lost the tie again to the Spanish side, this time on away goals.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Back to the usual restricted business dealings, with only those that weren't exactly good enough sold. I oddly feel a bit bad selling Rosic to Red Star, he's never worth anything close to £6m. Next season might be a different tale though; Gavrilovic, Nesic, Tanic and Tolic are all wanting to move on for a new challenge. Might have to be selling them to the highest bidders soon.

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...) : Srdjan Siljak - AMR

Gavrilovic blew up this season, gaining both Player and Young Player of the season awards. But since he won this last season, I'll give it to the runner-up of said awards. Somehow wasn't taken to the Euros (more on that underneath)

Finances : Decent enough this season, and another £10m gone to shareholders; I've given up how much they've taken from me now.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

2024 Champions League Final: Real Madrid 2-1 Inter Milan. 4 English sides made it to the last 16, only Liverpool got the quarters where they lost to Porto. This being the first Madrid title since 2015.

2024 Europa League Final: Lille 0-2 Roma. So finishing 3rd in our group wasn't so bad then? Lille went through Bayern, Schalke and Sporting Lisbon to make it to the final.

For the 2024 European Championships, 19 (NINETEEN) Macva players were selected for the preliminary squad, of which 16 ended up being part of the final 23. Serbia finished top of their group containing Germany, Scotland and Poland but fell in the 2nd round to reigning champions France.

The story of the Euros were the Greeks (we've heard that one before); winning the group containing the French, Norway and Russia before dispatching Norway (again) and Denmark (in extra time). They lost to the Germans though in the semis.

The final finished France 3-2 Germany, due to a 93rd min winner from Marseille striker Daniel Martin.

2023 Copa America (played after 2023 update): Argentina 2-1 Brazil in the final. Invitees Costa Rica managed to finish 3rd ahead of hosts Ecuador into 4th.

2023 Asian Cup (played after 2023 update): South Korea 2-0 Saudi Arabia, this being the 2nd consecutive final Arabia has lost. Hosts China lost the 3rd placed playoff to Australia.

At the end of the season, we got a third stadium expansion; but with it being so small I'd hazard a guess and say we're at maximum capacity on this site already.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

Impressive league season. 29 wins and one draw. That is as close to perfect you can get.

Unlucky in the CL. But it was narrow so you got the capacity to progress further there.

Those damned shareholders, sucking the blood from the club. Hope they will put some of the money back, eventually.

Congrats Taunton. Excellent that you've finally completed the challenge and great to see you enjoyed it so much and as for Tomasz Frankowski, what an absolute legend. Really enjoyed your updates.

:thup:

Congrats Taunton. Excellent that you've finally completed the challenge and great to see you enjoyed it so much and as for Tomasz Frankowski, what an absolute legend. Really enjoyed your updates.

:thup:

Cheers for that. It has been great fun. Hope you will run the challenge on FM13 as well.

By the way, Frankowski took Poland to the Euro finals that same season we won CL, they lost 2-0 against Holland in the final. So it was a great year for him.

He plays as a lone striker for Poland. The reckon they don't need more than one striker:cool:

A milestone for Fjaroabyggo! After 19 years, Fjarobyggo have finally made the group stage of the Champions League!! Along with that comes our first Champions League win, a dominating 2-0 performance against Zenit. The ~8M pounds worth of prize money will go a long way toward helping complete this challenge

Archived