Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2027 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! FIFTH TIME IN A ROW! & THE DOUBLE!

The team is strong now, and we dominate Norway totally. The season saw us gain a record of 81 points in the league. Scoring 82 and letting in only 15. Unfortunately we lost one game, and that was a bit irritating. We went 12 games without conceding and won the double for the first time. There is nothing left for us to prove in Norway. All I aim for now is CL-glory.

CL-update:

It was an exciting spring in Europe.

In the 8th final we met Chelsea. We were short because of injuries, and escaped with a 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge. Got some players back for the home game. Won 1-0 and the game went to penalties. After some nail-biting moments and lots of misses we won it 4-3.

The quarter-final was against Sevilla. We controlled the game at home, winning 2-0. Drew 2-2 away to progress with 4-2 on aggregate.

For the first time in club history we were in an european semi-final. The opponents were Marseille. Don't know if we were nervous because of the occasion, but played one of our worst games ever and lost 3-0 in France. We gave everything in the return leg, outplayed them in every area. Managed to score three goals, but they scored one also, and bitterly we went out, 4-3 on aggregate.

Marseille lost in the final against Roma. But we showed that we are able to compete well in Europe.

So, this autumn we are ranked 18th in Europe and were seeded second for the group draw. We got Roma, the holders, Sporting and Sion.

Meeting Roma would give us an indication of how we would compete this year. And so far it looks good.

Won all our games in the group stage, and will meet Valencia in the last 16.

Best player: The irish assist king, Jamie McLoughlin.

Top scorer: The beast, the legend: Tomasz Frankowski. What a player.

Economy: Good. And stadium upgrade and training facilities are already paid for.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 2.150.000 p/w (1.650.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 44 mill. Nkr (8,7 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 6990 (6112)

Players in: 18 (17)

Players out: 9 ( 15 )

Trophy room.

Next year: To quote Zlatan Ibrahimovic: " To win that damned Champions (League)". Thats the main target now.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)
2026   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | S-final | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (22)
2027   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (28)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a while since update, and we're on a new page! :eek:

First off, congrats on another great season Taunton, the CL is within reach I reckon this year, especially if you can beat the holders home and away.

Welcome to the club GoalieManPat121, and nice to see you secure promotion without much of a hassle in the second year.

Rochebag, unlucky with that run-in last season. Hopefully you can finally get the title if you avoid the bad luck this season :)

Anyway, onto the new update...

FK Macva Sabac - 2020/21 End of Season Update - Super League

At least we got the cup back...

League (Positions) : Never in any danger whatsoever, we even managed to get a 7 point lead before Christmas this year. Faded a bit near the end of the year when sub players were used but still a complete walk in the park. 5 titles in a row now.

Cup : Very simple for a change. Breezed through the early rounds with no fuss, managed to get away with playing a compelte reserve side in both semi legs, then played Partizan in the final, oddly our first ever meeting in the cup with them. Goals in the first and very last minute probably wasn't a true reflection on the game but we'll take the silverware nevertheless.

Champions League : No point sugar coating it this season, we just weren't good enough. Won both games vs Celtic (one with my 18 year old 3rd choice keeper) and lost the pther 4 against Chelsea and Juventus. Something needs to improve soon, I don't like going out in the groups each year.

Europa League : Unseeded this time in the EL draw due to only getting 6 points in the CL groups, we dodged some bullets to get CSKA Moscow. The home draw (1-1) was more note-worthy for the injury sustained to Lukovic ruling him out of the 2nd leg. In the away leg without him we never posed any real attacking threat, somehow holding out for 0-0 draw, but going out on away goals.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : A few retirements added to the outs below paved way to 4 more youngsters coming through (those being Jurisc, Djurdjevic, Vidic and Bakic). Annoyingly, those waiting to break into the first team keep refusing to go out on loan anywhere, which is stunting their growth I feel.

Player of the Season : Milos Saka - AMR

League Player of the Season this year, it was the first time he outshone Sissoko at the AMR spot since joining the club in 2016. Somehow still ignored from national selection at the moment, hopefully that will change soon enough.

Finances : Actually made a very small profit this season until the dividends came about. Club salary is about the same as last season though, with no sign of it being reduced; we really need to move into our new stadium (which is about 6 months behind schedule) as quick as we can.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The U-19s of Macva did their own double, securing the title comfortably and hammering Vojvodina in the cup final.

2021 Champions League Final: FC Porto 3-0 Man Utd. Yes you are reading that right, an English team not winning the CL for the first time in 6 years.

2021 Europa League Final: AS Roma 0p-0 Inter Milan. Roma winning 5-4 on penalties.

10 players of mine were include in the squad for the U-21 European Championships where Serbia qualified top from the weaker group containing England, Croatia and hosts Norway. In the Semis, they fell to holders Italy 2-0. Italy went on to beat England 3-1 in the final for their 3rd title in a row.

In the Confederations Cup (held in Qatar): Argentina 1-0 France (aet). No real shocks in the tournament, Portugal got 3rd beating Japan in the play-off.

2021 African Cup of Nations (held in Egypt): Morocco 1-0 South Africa. This was South Africa's 2nd runners-up placing in a row. Favourites Ghana (who at one point this season were top of the FIFA rankings) lost in the Quarters to South Africa 2-0.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

First of all, thanks every one for the encouragement.

Another good season there, midgetram. Let's hope that you can progress from the group stage soon. Saka looks a handful. Strange that he hasn't got a call up from Serbia.

And Gundo and iocavone, we are not curious at all about what you were talking about there.:D

I am mid-season in 2028. The Champions league trophy did not enter the Tollnes trophy room this time either, even though we have made room for it. So it is still a gaping hole in that cabinet.

Seems like we do one bad game every year in Europe, and that it happens in the knock-out stage of CL.

This time we progressed to the semi-finals. Went 2-0 up against Atletico Madrid at home, but manage to squander the lead and lose 3-2. Devastating.

Gave a good go away. Took an early lead, but a miserable back pass from our right back gave them their equalizer, and we didn't manage to get back in the game.

So no completion of the challenge yet, but with to semi-finals in a row, and now ranked 10th in Europe, hopefully it is within reach in a couple of seasons.

And Gundo and iocavone, we are not curious at all about what you were talking about there.:D
Have you got any Norwegian players playing there part in you CL campaign?

In regards to the iocavone conversation, I was enquiring if an Italian team (Virtus Verona) ha shown up in his save, since he's playing the Italian leagues. It's a club I've always wanted to manage in FM, but it seems not possible again. Hopefully next year this will change as they are having a decent season in Serie D. :D

Have you got any Norwegian players playing there part in you CL campaign?

In regards to the iocavone conversation, I was enquiring if an Italian team (Virtus Verona) ha shown up in his save, since he's playing the Italian leagues. It's a club I've always wanted to manage in FM, but it seems not possible again. Hopefully next year this will change as they are having a decent season in Serie D. :D

I see. I always have fancied San Marino myself since they represent both a team and a country in Italy. Let's hope Virtus will get promoted.

I have five good Norwegian players. Two full backs, two wingers and one midfielder. They are mostly squad players, but they perform well when called upon. One of the full backs look really promising, so I have high hopes for him. Besides that I try to frantically improve my youth set up so we can start bringing some great local talent through the ranks.

I see. I always have fancied San Marino myself since they represent both a team and a country in Italy. Let's hope Virtus will get promoted.I have five good Norwegian players. Two full backs, two wingers and one midfielder. They are mostly squad players, but they perform well when called upon. One of the full backs look really promising, so I have high hopes for him. Besides that I try to frantically improve my youth set up so we can start bringing some great local talent through the ranks.
Nice plan, now you've had continuous CL appearances it must give you the money to improve facilities.

Great to hear that you are back into the save. Have to say myself that it is not easy to start other saves while I'm in this one. You get very attached to the club and really want to complete this challenge.

But it is not easy!:mad:

Not easy and I'm already out of Europe after a 5-6 aggregate loss to Spartak Moscow for the 2nd time in 3 years, so always next year.

Dominating in Finland still but that isn't much of a challenge now.

Really need to get my clubs profile raised so I don't keep losing my best players.

I have found an awesome DMC who is dubbed the next Esteban Cambiasso which is the highlight of my last 2 seasons.

I was doing ok as Killyleagh untill the board take mid way through the first season which saw me replaced. So now after a break I am back to this challenge. Not sure where yet.

Edit: I am going to be in Sweden. The reset date is now the 15th of December so save on the 14th.

Oxslow - Sweden - Vallentuna BK - Begining

Screenshots

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Next Season

I am in a situation that I have never been in before in any version of this challenge. I have a big sponsorship that has 1 year left but because of it I actual have a transfer budget of £144k. Will I get another fat sponsorship deal 1 next year who knows? Not only that I can scout out side of my local region, I know it is only 1 country but it is Brazil! Not sure if any of them will sign for me though. So as I am in unknown territory and the board just want me to avoid relegation I think I will stick with that.

The rule is really good to be honest. The match squad must have 9 players trianed in Sweden. So if you sign them young enough there is nothing to stop you. On a side note even though I was told I could scout scandinavia and brazil I could send my scouts to a couple of African countries.

So far this season things have gone alot better than expected with 2 games to go I have a 6 pointer game up next to decide the league champions. In this division I only get to play 22 games and I have no cups to play in so a really short season for me.

I was doing ok as Killyleagh untill the board take mid way through the first season which saw me replaced. So now after a break I am back to this challenge. Not sure where yet.

Edit: I am going to be in Sweden. The reset date is now the 15th of December so save on the 14th.

Thanks Oxslow.:thup:

Oxslow - Sweden - Vallentuna BK - Season 1

Season Review

Season went a lot better than expected. Even though I was pro and spending more than twice as much on wages as most other teams in the Division my fat sponsorship deal ment I made a profit still. With 2 games to go I was in second a point behind and my goal diffenece was 1 worse but a big perfomance from the lads saw us win 3 - 0. We ended up wining the league by 5 points. I had no cups to play in so my season consisded of only 22 games. My best player only joined half way through the season and spent some time away on international duty.

Screenshots

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Career Overview

Season    League Finish           Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012      1st Second Division SS  Second Division SS Champions

Next Season

As my sponsorship deal got renewed and is the same as last year and I am already spending more money on wages than any team in the league I am entering. I think I should be near the top of the table hopefully pick up a top 2 finish to get promoted. I have a cup to play in this season :) .

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2028 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! SIXTH TIME IN A ROW! & THE DOUBLE!

Norway is no match no more. We are undeniably the best team in the country by far. Really irritating with that loss. We dominated, but couldn't score. Only thing left on the domestic scene is to go one season undefeated and to beat Rosenborgs record of thirteen league championships in a row.

CL-update:

Didn't win it this time either.

In the 8th final we met Valencia. Looks like we lose a bit of form in the spring. But we manage to secure the tie with 3-1 on aggregate.

The quarter-final was against Porto. It was tight, but we egded it out with 1-0 on aggregate.

That meant it was us and three spanish teams in the semis. Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. If you could choose every one would have picked Atletico as their opponent, and certainly we got them.

But the semi-final didn't go as expected. We were 2-0 up home in the first leg, but somehow managed to lose the game 2-3. And away we only drew 1-1, and that was farewell to our european adventure. Like other seasons, one bad game costs us the progress.

Barcelona won the all spanish CL-final.

So, this autumn we are ranked 11th in Europe and were seeded second for the group draw. We got Chelsea, Valencia and Standard Liege.

Finished second in the group stage, and will meet my favourite team, Arsenal, in the last 16.

Best player: My rock in defence, Jean-Noel Duhamel.

Top scorer: He is turning into a real legend in this challenge: Tomasz Frankowski. Thats nine years in a row.

Economy: Ok. And upgrade my facilities every season.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 3.500.000 p/w (2.150.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 30 mill. Nkr (44 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 7850 (6990)

Players in: 11 (18)

Players out: 7 ( 9 )

Trophy room.

Next year: I am desperate to get my hands on that trophy with the big ears.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)
2026   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | S-final | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (22)
2027   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL S-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (28)
2028   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Winners | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)

Thanks Taunton and I will read your update later

Well I just think I might have chosen the wrong club. I am 8 points clear with 5 games left this season and I just don't like it. In past goes at this challenge I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I got my team promoted after 5ish years in each division. I am pro nearly all the teams around me are semi pro. I am spending well more than double any other team on wages what makes it worse is my confidence bar for wages is completely full. I have a full set of back room staff far better than any of my rivals. As I am based in Stockholm it is really easy to sign players they all want to move there. I almost forgot I have a transfer budget when nobody else does.

Also I came across this bug http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302995-Players-leaving-on-the-day-they-sign

Thanks Taunton and I will read your update later

Well I just think I might have chosen the wrong club. I am 8 points clear with 5 games left this season and I just don't like it. In past goes at this challenge I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I got my team promoted after 5ish years in each division. I am pro nearly all the teams around me are semi pro. I am spending well more than double any other team on wages what makes it worse is my confidence bar for wages is completely full. I have a full set of back room staff far better than any of my rivals. As I am based in Stockholm it is really easy to sign players they all want to move there. I almost forgot I have a transfer budget when nobody else does.

Also I came across this bug http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302995-Players-leaving-on-the-day-they-sign

I can understand what you mean. It feels a lot better if you have to fight your way up the divisions. But it may be harder for you when you get into the top divisions of Sweden.

Strange bug, good thing that you discovered it.

A lot of double posting from me today, but I couldn't resist when I found this:

Tomasz Frankowski actually exist, he is polish, and he scores a lot of goals too.

He is a regen in my game, so this was an amusing coincidence.:)

I saw the real Tomasz Frankowski play for Tenerife a few yeas back and I know your player is a regen from the screenshot ;) . Well done on getting to the semis of the CL, that is the furthest I have ever made it in any version of this challenge.

Oxslow - Sweden - Vallentuna BK - Season 2

Season Review

Another easy season for my team. I went 4 rounds further in the cup than the board wanted me to and the league was pretty much in the bag with 5 games to go I had a 8 point lead. I did lose a bit of money this year because of having to pay the bonus for winning the league and not getting any money for winning it.

Screenshots

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Career Overview

Season    League Finish              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012      1st Second Division SS     Second Division SS Champions
2013      1st First Division North   First Division North Champions

Next Season

I got another sponsor deal worth the same. I want to fill out this stadium this year and get the board to expand it.

He is a true Legend Taunton, it keeps amazing me just how loyal he's been.:thup:

Yeah, that's very true. He has never asked for a transfer. He is my best paid player, and hopefully he will continue to score for a couple more seasons.

I crashed out against Arsenal in the 16th final, so the completion of the challenge is still far ahead.

FC_YPA.png

FC YPA Ylivieska - Finland

Season 3: Roster : Transfers : Table : Position Graph : Top 11 : Top 11 All Time

League: After moving up a division the club went pro. Unfortunately the clubs finances were pretty negative so I could take advantage of that and get players or staff on full time contracts. I was only able to bring in one new player during the off-season so I was hoping the young players could step in and hold there own. The first game was not a good indication. To my surprise they did. The club was able to stay around mid table all season. Even climbing to 3rd at one point. In the end we finished a respectable 6th. Early in the season I got offers for last seasons star Jo Sandre Aas for about 800k. The club desperately needed money but I turned them down. Good thing I did. Aas made the world cup squad for Norway and upon getting back Apoel offered 3.2 million (2.6 up front and 500k after 20 goals). My chairman accepted the offer without me saying yes but its ok as I would have taken that offer instantly as well. Our two young wingers broke into the team strong as they finished 1st and 2nd in rookie of the year voting.

Cup: The club was dumped out of the Finnish League Cup in the group stage but then made a nice run in the Finnish Cup. We made it to the Semi-Finals before losing to HJK 0-1. The club had three starters on international which made the difference in the squads.

Key Players:

Tobias Wentin- Became the clubs top striker due to Aas being away on international so much and then being sold. Lead the league in goals with 21. Not sure of his long term feasibility though.

Paul Shaffer- Signed after the Aas sale. The midfield was lacking all season. Schaffer came in and shored that up and even managed to knock in four goals. Should be around a while.

Amine Mechri- Our left back who was whipping in crosses all year again. Got 16 assists in all competitions. If I can get his discipline in order it would be good. 18 cautions on the year and starting next season suspended. Was the fans Player of the Year

Last Seasons Goals:

Dont get relegated - completed

Win the Finnish Cup - lost in Semi-Finals

Strengthen the midfield - lack of funds prevented this until late in the season.

Next Season Goals: Use the money from the Aas sale to significantly strengthen the squad. Get to a Cup final. Finish top 3 in the league.

fmblog.patmoses.com

GoalieManPat121 well done on your first season in the Premier League. You had a strong goal difference compared to some of the teams above you.

Edit: I have now got 3 promotions/champions in a row think I am going to leave this challenge. I am going to start again with this team with constraints on myself and a bigger player database, so I won't be eligible for this challenge. I will be posting in the Career update thread if anybody wants to read how I get on.

Hi Chaps!

Started playing my Sola Fotball save again the past few days, first time since Feb! I usually start a journeyman save about this time of year, but I'm quite a attached to my Sola save.:)

A brief update then... SK Brann (Tycoon led) continue to dominate, winning the 2023 Tippeligaen Title by 17 points. I did manage to steer Sola into a finishing position of runners up, which secured a place in the Champions League Qualifying.:eek:

Joakim Aaland Continues to score for fun up top, finishing runner up in the league top scorers. Playing behind him in the Rooney role is Lars Henning Myhren, the Lillehammer born youngster has a bright future at Sola. Gabriel Strøm held things together at the back with some towering performances.

And my Nordic player only rule is still going strong.:D

Well if Gundo can manage an update, I suppose I've got no excuse not to...

The expected domestic challenge I hinted at before from Brugge and (tycoon led) Standard has indeed materialised, we're top, but they are both breathing down our neck. Meanwhile in Europe, we messed up our Champions League group by finishing second to Arsenal, which has landed us Barcelona in the 1st knockout stage. First choice MC pairing Buzaglo and Traore are out with a broken foot and a 3 match ban respectively, and one man wrecking machine Fernandez has 45 goals in 26 games, but a broken arm that might *just* heal in time for the second leg at the Nou Camp.

Not the most fun season I've had, but certainly interesting.

Taunton fancy loaning me Frankowski? :D

He he. You can swap him for Fossan:D. Frankowski has missed a penalty and gone three games without scoring now, so I better get rid of him;).

He he. You can swap him for Fossan:D. Frankowski has missed a penalty and gone three games without scoring now, so I better get rid of him;).

Deal.;)

I think I may allow myself to sign English players too seems as my main nationality is English. I'm finding it near impossible to compete in Europe and that's against average teams! So i've packed my scout off to the UK.

-Announcement-

The first day at his new club, the Champions league-chasing Tollnes, Sindre "hasn't scored for two years" Fossan, missed the team-meeting, missed lunch, missed the exit to Tollnes training ground, missed the team-photo and as a team mate described it "he couldn't hit a cows a**e with a banjo." The neighbour behind the training ground fielded a complaint about all the footballs in his garden destroying his Parsons Pink China roses.

The supporter shop situated at Tollnes stadium experienced a rush of supporters trying to cancel their purchases of Tollnes-shirts with "Fossan" on the back.

- Fossan? A spokesman for the supporter group said, we thought they said Messi. We want Frankowski back, they cried.

The Tollnes manager was nowhere to be seen, but some suspected he had flewn off to Dubai to spend the bung he got from Sola after the deal was done.

-Announcement-

The first day at his new club, the Champions league-chasing Tollnes, Sindre "hasn't scored for two years" Fossan, missed the team-meeting, missed lunch, missed the exit to Tollnes training ground, missed the team-photo and as a team mate described it "he couldn't hit a cows a**e with a banjo." The neighbour behind the training ground fielded a complaint about all the footballs in his garden destroying his Parsons Pink China roses.

The supporter shop situated at Tollnes stadium experienced a rush of supporters trying to cancel their purchases of Tollnes-shirts with "Fossan" on the back.

- Fossan? A spokesman for the supporter group said, we thought they said Messi. We want Frankowski back, they cried.

The Tollnes manager was nowhere to be seen, but some suspected he had flewn off to Dubai to spend the bung he got from Sola after the deal was done.

hahaha:thup:

If only we had the money, Sola are broke.

It's been almost a month since my last update, I do apologise for my slackness :p

FK Macva Sabac - 2021/22 End of Season Update - Super League

Progress! At last, progress!

League (Positions) : Interesting this year. Ran away with it for the most part, before stuttering alarmingly in late-March for a month (only 1 win in 6) which delayed the wrapping of the title for a good few weeks. Still got there in the end though, 6 in a row now.

Cup : Inconsistently getting wins this year. Breezed through some rounds but struggled in others, especially the final although that may be due to the 11 unavailable players due to the lateness of the game (1st June :eek:)

Champions League : Getting Liverpool and Bayern Munich (as well as Basel) in the groups didn't fill me with confidence, although gaining a point at home to the English side did show an improvement from last year. 2 wins in the back-to-back games against Basel put is in a great shout to qualify, which we managed due to a 2-1 win over Munich at home. A defeat at Anfield confirmed our 2nd place in the group, meaning we weren't seeded in the last 16.

Luckily, we avoided Barcelona and the other English sides but still drew Valencia. We didn't really challenge them much over the 2 legs and we quite fortunate to only come away with a 4-2 loss over the 2 legs. Still, we managed to get CL football past the winter break for the first time.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Quite settled this season, although some re-jigging of the squad halfway though the season did occur. But :eek: What's this? A signing from outside the club? Why don't you check him out below...

Player of the Season : Aleksandar Katai - AML

Manager's Player of the Season not bad for the new record signing, although his value has dropped considerably during the season. A decent start to his Macva carrer though.

Finances : Again marginal for the season before dividends wrecked any chances of profit. Still would like the option for them not to for one year.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The U-19s of Macva did their own double again, securing the title on the last day (by thrashing Vojovdina) and then hammering Red Star in the cup final.

The reserves completed a clean sweep of trophies for Macva, winning the title on Goal Difference.

2022 Champions League Final: Arsenal 0-0p Barcelona (Barca winning 3-1 on pens). 2 non-English winners in a row, is a change in the hierarchy occurring? Last years winners Porto went out in the groups finishing bottom in a group containing of Marseille, Sevilla and Rangers.

2022 Europa League Final: Bayern Munich 1-2 Chelsea. The beaten semi-finalists this season were Man City and Brodeaux.

There were 11 Macva players included in the Serbian squad for the World Cup held in Qatar. They qualified from their group on GD ahead of reining champions Portugal and South Korea, but crucially were behind Tunisia (yes, Tunisia). This meant that in the 2nd round, they had to overcome England which they failed to do on penalties (yes England won a penalty shoot-out, can only happen on FM :lol:)

In the Semi-Finals of the World Cup, France beat Germany and Netherlands defeated Mexico after extra time. The final was a drab affair though, with the Dutch winning 4-2 on pens.

At the end of the season, we got a stadium expansion announced; our first in the new stadium. Just a small one for now, but it does make it a 12,000 seater now.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

Archived