Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Where next then chesters?

Well sadly after spending a season applying for every job available I was constantly overlooked, I think it might have had something to do with my low-rep and English in the Serbian League. So I will be starting this challenge again!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well finally after years of harassing my Board they give in and work on upgrading Youth and Training facilties is underway.Desperately need some promising youngters to come through at the club, because thus far I haven't had one single player from our own Youth development that's played a first team game!

I know the chalenge ends, but i will give a try on Serbia, managing the mighty FK Senta. They set the goal on avoid relegation, but i return with a top half finish... Let's roll the dices... I am Brazilian, 45 years old and i play CM/FM since 1996. Best regards! I will keep you updated.

ModumFK.png

Modum FK

Decided to give this challenge another go but this time I have chosen to manage in Norway. The team I have chosen is Modum FK, a very small club who have a small history having only being founded in 2007. The club have a brief spell in the Second Division in 2008, but were relegated and have spent the rest of their time in the Third Division until they won promotion this season.

The club play their home games at Vikersund Stadion and holds a modest 800 people, looking forward to this challenge and shall post regular updates.

FK Macva Sabac - 2034/35 End of Season Update - Super League

Hang on lads, I've got a cracking idea...

League (Positions) : So close to the 100% season, just a home draw with Smederevo just before Christmas. First time in a couple of years I've managed to get over the 100 goals mark too.

Cup : I'm strangely finding the cup harder to win than the league nowadays. Taken to penalties against Mladost and I even lost the 2nd leg against OFK Belgrade (just as well I won the home leg 8-0 :cool:) although the final itself was easy pickings.

Champions League : Here we go. Try number 3425124252. Or that's what it's felt like any ways. Our group was actually very manageable on paper - containing Lyon, Olympiakos and FC Twente. Like last year I was easily the strongest side on paper, but unlike last year we saw the group out fairly comfortably; only drawing with Olympiakos once the top spot had been secured. So all in all, we cruised through the group in top spot.

The last 16 saw us having to travel once again to France, this time to play PSG - who we had not beaten in a Euro tie beforehand in 4 previous games. In the first leg, we took control from the word go and come away with a well deserved 3-1 victory. With that advantage into the home tie, we saw the game out effectively; gaining a 2-1 win on the night and a 5-2 win on aggregate.

So into the Quarter Finals yet again, and this time got a lucky draw in Bayer Leverkusen of Germany. Once again we were away for the first leg, and somewhat annoyingly couldn't keep a lead twice drawing in the end 2-2. This didn't faze us in the second leg though; going 4-0 up before running out 5-2 winners; and 7-4 overall. This would now be the 5th successive appearance in the Champions League Semi-finals for the club.

Into our usual Semi Final berth we went, and ended up playing Juventus; who I hadn't lost to in 4 games from recent seasons (2031 and 2033). Like the two knock-out rounds beforehand, I had to travel first but this game was more of a tricky game than the ones beforehand. Despite the overall play being quite even, we had to come from behind twice - with Bozovic scoring in the 91st minute to secure a 2-2 draw. The home leg though was a different story, dominating from the early stages in a 4-0 rampage; putting us into our 2nd CL final.

In our first final we lost to Inter Milan, so it's only right that for our 2nd we got to play AC Milan; this time in the 'neutral' venue of the San Siro. The game itself though, you wouldn't have been surprised if the game was actually being held at the Macva Stadium (great name I know). Despite dominating the first half we went into the interval level, but in the second 45 minutes we continuously tore the Italian defence apart; and a 3-1 victory was probably not a true reflection of our domination.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: Decided to move some players out over the season who were just about coming to the end of their peak. So all-time record holders Dzajic (appearences) and Bajic (league goals) were sold throughout the season. For the people who are wondering; the 4 brought through this season into the first team were; Ostojic, Krstic, Vlastic and Anev.

Player of the Season (or the best behind Galic...) : Branislav Kraljevic - AMR

I know, it's not a defender this year :eek:. If I had been doing this properly for the last few seasons than Galic would be on about 6 in a row now, (he got the Champions League Best Player Award to go with the numerous accolades he's won as a player). But Kraljevic has been impressive the last couple of years so gets this through attrition rather than being the stand out player of this particular season.

Finances : Small profit before the massive intake of transfer earnings. Dividends back up to it's usual stupid high this season to compensate though. Also this season, we had a fairly lengthy takeover saga. From the time it took for the initial emergence, and the replacement Chairman being named, it took about a month of daily changes (from "could be close" to "on the rocks") before the change happened. No significant investment being planned, although there isn't really much to invest in now.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

Another title for the U19s, absolutely destroying the field, but they lost in the Cup Semis to Rad. The Reserves got another title in the bag to complete to domestic title set.

2035 Champions League Final​ : Macva 3-1 AC Milan - If at first you don't succeed; try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again :cool:

2035 Europa League Final : Bayern Munich 1-0 Valencia - It was Mladost doing Serbia proud this year, getting to the Semi Finals before falling to Valencia.

2035 African Cup of Nations : Egypt 3-2 Tunisia

2035 Asian Cup: UAE 0-2 Japan

2035 North American Gold Cup : Mexico 4-1 USA

2035 Copa America : Brazil 2-0 Paraguay

2035 UEFA U-21 Championships : England 0-2 Italy - Serbia for the first time in a while didn't manage to qualify for the tournament.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

2024-25: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2025-26: SL - 1st, CL Last 16

2026-27: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2027-28: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2028-29: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2029-30: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Runners-Up

2030-31: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2031-32: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Runners-Up

2032-33: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2033-34: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2034-35: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Winners

I know the chalenge ends, but i will give a try on Serbia, managing the mighty FK Senta. They set the goal on avoid relegation, but i return with a top half finish... Let's roll the dices... I am Brazilian, 45 years old and i play CM/FM since 1996. Best regards! I will keep you updated.

Welcome womvet and best of luck, hope you enjoy!:)

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Chesters86 viewpost-right.png

Modum FK

Decided to give this challenge another go but this time I have chosen to manage in Norway. The team I have chosen is Modum FK, a very small club who have a small history having only being founded in 2007. The club have a brief spell in the Second Division in 2008, but were relegated and have spent the rest of their time in the Third Division until they won promotion this season.

The club play their home games at Vikersund Stadion and holds a modest 800 people, looking forward to this challenge and shall post regular updates.

Welcome to Norway Chesters, you know you'll probably complete it before me.:o

Silly question alert: Are you allowed to load any "view-only" nations alongside your one playable country?

You can't load view only leagues unfortunately in this years challenge, however I am looking to amend some guidelines to enable more players to be loaded from the outset for Gundo's Challenge 2013.:thup:

midgetram knew it was only a matter of time, great to see you finally lift the trophy and complete the challenge.:thup::applause:

Will you plod on until FM13 is released or have you other plans for a game?

Congratulations midgetram :)

Welcome to Norway Chesters, you know you'll probably complete it before me.:o

Thanks! I'm not too sure about that my first venture in this challenge didn't go too well so fingers crossed I can get cracking on this one!

Thanks everyone for the support, knew it would only take a matter of time (or avoiding all English and Spanish sides :cool:) but was still a bit surprised it happened this season.

As for what I'm up to next, I holidayed a Peru game a while ago (random I know, but I had hoped to do Razer's challenge this year too) although there doesn't seem to be anyone contributing to that thread for a while now, so that looks like a lonely venture for me.

I'll keep reading updates of everyone on here though - welcome to womvet and Chesters :) - so keep up the good work everyone :)

If anyone hasn't read this great new book all about FM/CM, then I would highly recommend it to any fan of the game. I have recently finished it and I must say it brings back so many good memories of playing the game down the years.

Football Manager Stole My Life.

I've been meaning to buy that, but keep forgetting. So your post has made me go straight to Amazon and it's now on it's way. So if I don't enjoy it, I'll be flying to Sola to "review it" with you Gundo... :p

Maybe I'll catch a Title Party... :D

I've been meaning to buy that, but keep forgetting. So your post has made me go straight to Amazon and it's now on it's way. So if I don't enjoy it, I'll be flying to Sola to "review it" with you Gundo... :pMaybe I'll catch a Title Party... :D

Haha if you are a fan of Fm then you'll enjoy it.Even if you took a year to read that book, I still doubt you'll see Sola parading the Title! :D

Erm... Well personally I'd always quite fancied doing the Netherlands, but there was always a distinct lack of clubs to chose from and in most case clubs that I didn't fancy managing.

But yeah maybe an obscure eastern european nation?? Or you could stay in Scandinavia with a Danish/Swedish club??

Erm... Well personally I'd always quite fancied doing the Netherlands, but there was always a distinct lack of clubs to chose from and in most case clubs that I didn't fancy managing.

But yeah maybe an obscure eastern european nation?? Or you could stay in Scandinavia with a Danish/Swedish club??

I can see the attraction of Netherlands, but understand the issues. I was wondering about Scandinavia, but wondered whether my Norwegian Viking routes would be too strong :D

I'll have a think and load up a new game tonight.........:brock:

Absolutely love the idea for this challenge and I will be playing in Greece once the save is holidayed. Been reading it for months but only just decided to play it. Should've started sooner but oh well. Screenies to come.

Apollon-Athens.png

SuperDan!'s Apollon Smyrnis Adventure

The Announcement

I have decided to go with Apollon Smyrnis, mainly because the name amused me somewhat and the other teams seemed boring in comparison.

It is one of the oldest Greek clubs in existence, forming in 1890 by a priest. They had a lot of success in the 70's in Greece, but ended up falling down the ladder. Their most successful period was in 1994/95 where they qualified for the UEFA Cup, but lost 3-1 to Ljubljana of Slovenia in front of 10,000 Apollon fans. They are nicknamed the Light Brigade after the Hollywood movie the Charge of the Light Brigade, released in 1936. The reason they fell down the ladder was due to the chairman, who sold off all their best players, solely for profit, and just left them to rot. This chairman is now gone, and is known as the unmentionable.

Interesting little fact is that they used to have a swastika as their logo but changed it to Apollo's head after the Nazi regime.

They play at the Georgios Kamaras Stadium in Athens which in game holds just over 12000 in game.

Should be a good challenge to bring them back up to success, and try and better their success of the past.

Modum FK Mid-Season Update 2012

Things got off to the worst possible start suffering an embarrassing 5-1 thrashing in the Norwegian Cup Preliminary Round and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse our first game of the season ended in a 7-1 defeat!!!! The next game we won 3-1 so I thought things were beginning to turn out, but oh boy I was wrong we went on a six game run without winning scoring only one goal I could have no complaints with that run leaving us rock bottom of the table. We ended the winnless run with an empathic 5-1 home victory but were brought crashing down to earth as our next game we lost 5-1!!! With our next two games against teams third and second in the table respectively I had no doubt we would be back on a winnless run but we kept a clean sheet in our first game defeating Alta 3-0 (also our first clean sheet of the season!) and then defeated Skied 2-1 to bring us out of the Relegation Zone!!

The team does need strengthening in various areas mainly upfront as the strikers I think have only got 3 goals between them!!! I don't feel like splashing much cash and may look to Braan (my Feeder Club) for some decent youngsters to keep our heads above water.

Aim

- Avoid Relegation

- Recruit a goalscorer either via loan or free transfer

Welcome SuperDan!, good luck in Greece! :)

Breaking News on Sky Sports News........

:D

A reporter has just been quoted as saying:

There has been a surprising announcement coming out of Holland. We are understanding that the newly promoted Dutch team Rijnsburgse Boys have announced the appointment of a new manager. Reports are suggesting that the new man in charge is none other than Marcus Evan Cook. Evan Cook rose to fame in Gundo's Challenge having completed it no less than 5 times, most recently with Tiller from Norway. He has been quoted as saying, "Taking charge of Rijnsburgse Boys is a great opportunity to test my abilities in a new country and i promise the fans great success in the near future!"

More to come as we get it........

Squad

Staff (The Staff screenshot is an interesting one, just me and the Chairman!)

Wish me luck, i have a feeling i might need it :brock:

Haven't even started the season yet as it doesn't start until September, but this is by far the most intense transfer window i have ever encountered. Greek squads are massive, so sifting through the awful players and bringing quality in is a task on a small wage budget. Managed to get some Superleague quality in though, even if they are classed as elderly.

Here's hoping for a good season though hey.

Modum FK Season Update 2012

Well we did it, we managed to avoid relegation! It went down to the final day of the season only needing to match Eidsvold Turn's result and we secured a victory which meant we guaranteed our own safety without having to worry about Eidsvold. Their are a few youth players who have come through the Academy who actually look pretty decent and could be featuring in our first team next season. We still need to strengthen in defence and upfront, but due to lack of funds I will trying to acquire loan signings or free agents. Our strikers managed a total of SIX goals between them we shows the scale of them problem I had upfront!!

Modum FK Season Update 2012

Well we did it, we managed to avoid relegation! It went down to the final day of the season only needing to match Eidsvold Turn's result and we secured a victory which meant we guaranteed our own safety without having to worry about Eidsvold. Their are a few youth players who have come through the Academy who actually look pretty decent and could be featuring in our first team next season. We still need to strengthen in defence and upfront, but due to lack of funds I will trying to acquire loan signings or free agents. Our strikers managed a total of SIX goals between them we shows the scale of them problem I had upfront!!

Well done Chesters, I can remember how tough it was early on for me, 2 or 3 relegations I think it was before I finally got it right.

Hey Gundo, the Steam group I made is updated a little to make it a little more generic so it doesn't require a new one every year, since it looks like Steam is the way forward.

Here it is, any chance of it being in the main post from now on?

Can you tell me anything else about it? I'm abit of a newb when it comes to steam and what you can and can't do ect.

I'm also excited to see what effect the new site 'supportsinteractive (coming soon) has on the community as well and its capabilities.

Well done Chesters, I can remember how tough it was early on for me, 2 or 3 relegations I think it was before I finally got it right.

Hopefully strengthening the team over the season break and having a bit more depth due to the Youth Intake means I can begin the climb up the table.

This result made me very proud of my Sola boys.:)

An Everton team that contained Lukaku, Rodwell and Ross Barkley no less! All beaten by a team with only Danish, Swedish and Norwegian players!:lol:

Impressive result! Well done, where do you sit in the Group at the moment?

Hopefully strengthening the team over the season break and having a bit more depth due to the Youth Intake means I can begin the climb up the table.

Impressive result! Well done, where do you sit in the Group at the moment?

Cheers, also beat Genk 2-1 so we currently we sit top after two played.:D

Can you tell me anything else about it? I'm abit of a newb when it comes to steam and what you can and can't do ect.

I'm also excited to see what effect the new site 'supportsinteractive (coming soon) has on the community as well and its capabilities.

The main use I found was it allowed us to have a live chatroom so you could talk whilst in-game. Not to mention you can post comments and stuff in the group.

Apollon-Athens.png

SuperDan!'s Apollon Adventure

Season 2012/2013

Season 2012/2013

League Greek National B Division

Media Prediction 13th

League - We managed to finish in 11th place. The fact that PAOK were in the league made it harder for anyone and the ability to buy decent players was impossible. I managed to get in a few decent players from other teams in my division, but I had to spend money to achieve that. There were times this season where we would lose 5 or 6 on the bounce, and they were hard. But the times we did win, we won convincingly.

I mainly wanted to use this season to consolidate, trim the gigantic wage budget consumed by a lot of awful players (there were 41 when I joined) and buy for next season. I don't think we are financially ready to get promoted either, we are in the red and with crowds of just over 1000 per home game, we really need to increase the fan base, otherwise promotion would result in a very poor season and probable relegation.

Greek Cup - The Board wanted the 4th Round, but with an easy win in the 2nd round, we faced PAOK in the 3rd. We didn't do badly, but they still have Greek internationals in their squad and we just struggled to compete with that

Transfers - Too many to believe. I spent a lot of money and as a result went into minus figures.

Key Figures

Gerson Viana - Young Portuguese regen defender who did a cracking job this season.

Ricardo Fernandes - Signed in January. Experience was good and he provided a strength in midfield in the second half of the season that we needed.

Zeli Ismail - English lad that has a big future if we keep hold of him.

Giorgos Gougoulias - Bought for 140k, his goals kept us in the league. Good experience in this league, he will be vital next season.

Next season we need to build on 11th and push further up the table. I managed to trim the massive wage budget to a very small one so hopefully we will sign some decent players.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Season

[/TD]

[TD]Division

[/TD]

[TD]Position

[/TD]

[TD]Europe

[/TD]

[TD]Cup

[/TD]

[TD]Top Scorer

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012/2013

[/TD]

[TD]National B Division

[/TD]

[TD]11th

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd Round

[/TD]

[TD]Giorgos Gougoulias (9)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Modum FK Season Update 2013

League:

Things got off to a shaky start for our first few games it was four games without a win (one draw three defeats) leaving us at the bottom of the table but after a few tactical tweaks and numerous hairdryers we turned things around in our fifth game with a 1-0 win over Stromsgodset 2, we won our next game but then suffered a 2-1 defeat against the then League Leaders. However after that we went on a four game winning streak to lift us right up the table the only down point was once again our strikers were struggling to find the back of the net, thankfully our wingers were chipping in with a fair few goals. We never really looked like we would be relegated which pleased me as it showed the progression we had made since last season. We did go on a few win less streaks but there were a few draws while looking for a win so we were still picking up points. We finished the League in 9th position an improvement on last season which was my sole aim for the season.

One of the real pluses this season is one of our Academy players Nicolai Nordby (DR) who has become a key player for us already at the age of 17! Towards the latter end of the season he has been called up by the Norway U19s so things a looking good for his future maybe he could be the clubs first full International Player somewhere down the line hoping I can fend off the clubs sniffing around him.

Cup:

We had a very impressive cup run this season, we entered the Cup in the First Round this time and we managed to draw fellow Second Division sides (from different groups) up until the Quarter Final where we drew Premier League side Molde away, we were battered 4-1 but the money received from this game helped our financial situation massively.

Season  |       League       |  Position     |    Europe              |  Cup     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2012    |  2nd Division Group 4  |   11th     |        N/A            | Preliminary Round
2013    |  2nd Division Group 4  |    9th     |        N/A            | Quarter Final 

[/indent]

Archived