The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

2017/18 Transfers - A lot of players left and a lot of players came in.Some of those who left,I wanted to keep when I took over but they were not interested in negotiating a new contract so off they went.Those who left in February were causing problems and harming the squad's harmony,there contracts were up in June 2018 so I let them go early to solve the problem.A lot of players came in to replace the ones who left but also to leave my print on the club,my aim was to be top half and to possibly challenge 3rd place which was a playoff spot.I actually managed to use the entire transfer budget up so I would definitely need to meet the boards expectations!

Competitions

3. fußball liga - League Table - All I can really say is that was much easier then I was originally expecting.We set new records for points and goals scored in what was a brilliant season.We averaged at 2.7 goals per game while conceding 0.9 which showed that our defence was excellent while our attacking was pretty much unstoppable at times.Our biggest win of the season was 7-0 against Werder ll who also set a new record...for goals conceded,they only conceded 167 which I think is a record that won't be beat!

Players,Stats and Awards

Pascal Breier was the clubs top scorer smashing the previous record of 17 by scoring 23 in 34 appearances!He has proved to be a bargain at £55k,he looks like he should be able to do more of the same at a higher level and will definitely get a chance at doing so next season.He probably would have hit 25 games if it wasn't for suspension and injuries!

Ante Mihaljevic topped the assist chart with a club record of 17 but also chipped in with a very impressive 18 goals in 36 appearances,all from the AMR position.He was the top performer averaging at 7.63 which helped contribute to him winning Spieler des Jahres!

Special mentions to Anderson Bamba and Stian Ringstad who both played their absolute best during the season.Bamba was a rock in defence who we did miss when he was injured or suspended,he also took a paycut as well which is pleasing.Ringstad was pretty much unstoppable in the AML position as he scored 9 times as well as contributing with 16 assists which helped him pick up five man of the match awards during the season.

Overview

I was not actually anticipating a season that turned out to be that easy!We topped the table at the start of the season and we topped it at the end to clinch not just promotion but the title as well.We set records for goals scored as well points total,I'm not actually to bothered with the points we dropped as the challengers were dropping more points then us so it was like a walk in the park.I know for sure that next season will not be that easy,especially playing the teams relegated from the Bundesliga so we will see what we are truly capable of.

After the season finished,I received two offers from Mexican side Santos Laguna and MLS side New England Revolution.I managed in Mexico in FM11 and I found it to be a nightmare to start off with so maybe I'll manage in Mexico much later down the line!As for the MLS,I would only manage Toronto,Vancouver,Seattle or New York (just to keep the Red Bull connection!).I will more then likely be at RB Leipzig next season unless an absolutely ridiculous offer comes in from a big club!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/A           739            Promotion!
2012/13  Persepam    Super League     Indonesia      4th       4th Rnd        N/A          1400           Top 4 Finish!
2013/14  Dag + Red    BSB Premier      England       4th       2nd Rnd        N/A          2040        Started Oct,Promoted!
2014/15  Dag + Red     League 2        England       8th       6th Rnd        N/A          3742          FA Cup Last 8
2015/16  Dag + Red     League 2        England       1st       6th Rnd        N/A          3778            Promotion!
2016/17  Dag + Red     League 1        England       4th       4th Rnd        N/A          5828          Playoff Winners!
2017/18  RB Leipzig  3.fußball liga    Germany       1st         N/A          N/A          7899            Promotion!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 8000 average attendance at the third tier, that's rather impressive. I guess your points won and goals scored are alright too :lol: But I definitely think you're capable of mounting a charge for back-to-back promotions, if you can snag the right players of course.

cerud - Thanks,was a bit easy wasn't it :D

azeryk` - Thanks,will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between tier 2 and tier 3!

arinceo - Was rather impressive,we had the fourth biggest average attendance (The bottom 3 had big averages!).Without doing anything,I reckon the team could get mid-table so a few signings could possibly see us challenging although we do have to deal with HSV and Cottbus who were both relegated from top flight!

In job related news,I seem to be favourite for club jobs in Uruguay every time there is a sacking...no chance of moving :lol:

That happened to me in my FM11 career. Every single sacking in Uruguay and I'd be the favourite. Strange.

Promotion looking very much for granted here, surely you're already planning the next season in the 2.Bundesliga? Any Bosman signings already lined up for the next Summer?

edit: woops disregard this post, I was replying after reading page 3 without noticing there was a page 4. :D

roganp - Thanks :D

noikeee - My plans for 2.Bundesliga have gone up in smoke...the most difficult thing I'm having is getting the players in!I've only managed to get two defenders in,I've got two offers for strikers in and just waiting to hear about them (1 loan and 1 permanent!).I'm hoping scouting England will come good and get us options for the wing and in goal!

abulezz - Thanks :D

Group Stages

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Russia        3  2  1  0  8  2   7                  1st Netherlands  3  1  2  0  7  5   5
2nd Denmark       3  2  1  0  5  2   7                  2nd Ghana        3  1  2  0  5  3   5
3rd New Zealand   3  1  0  2  1  6   3                  3rd Switzerland  3  1  0  2  3  6   3
4th Australia     3  0  0  3  0  4   0                  4th Chile        3  0  2  1  4  5   2

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Scotland      3  2  0  1  3  2   6                  1st Argentina    3  2  1  0  5  0   7
2nd Morocco       3  1  1  1  2  1   4                  2nd Senegal      3  2  1  0  5  1   7
3rd Spain         3  1  1  1  1  2   4                  3rd France       3  1  0  2  7  4   3
4th Canada        3  1  0  2  1  2   3                  4th Japan        3  0  0  3  0  12  0

Group E                                             Group F
1st Sweden        3  2  1  0  6  1   7                  1st Portugal     3  3  0  0  9  3   9
2nd England       3  1  1  1  3  3   4                  2nd Belgium      3  2  0  1  8  4   6
3rd Uruguay       3  1  1  1  2  3   4                  3rd Costa Rica   3  1  0  2  3  5   3
4th Saudi Arabia  3  0  1  2  2  6   1                  4th Ecuador      3  0  0  3  2  10  0

Group G                                             Group H
1st Ukraine       3  3  0  0  4  0   9                  1st Brazil       3  2  1  0  3  0   7
2nd Italy         3  1  1  1  5  5   4                  2nd Cameroon     3  2  0  1  4  2   6
3rd Mexico        3  1  1  1  5  6   4                  3rd South Korea  3  0  2  1  1  4   2
4th Egypt         3  0  0  3  4  7   0                  4th Czech Rep.   3  0  1  2  1  3   0

Knockout Stages

Overview

Quite a few shocks in the World Cup,first major shock was the holders Germany failing to qualify after finishing 3rd in their qualifying group.The group stages saw two of the bigger European teams in Spain and France get knocked out,Spain lost 2-0 to Scotland while France lost 3-1 to Senegal.South America lost Uruguay and Chile early on to leave only the big two and Ecuador!

The biggest shock in the knockouts was Ghana beating Argentina in the quarter finals where Africa was represented by three nations.England won the World Cup under Italian manager Roberto di Matteo who was then sacked due to poor performances!Netherlands made it three time successive runners-up...as the saying goes....always the bridesmaid,never the bride.

noikeee - I know,didn't think I'd ever see it happen!The defeat was down to better finishing by England as it was a fairly even game.

rancer890 - They came 4th in the CONCACAF 4th phase before losing 6-1 on agg to Ecuador in the Playoffs!

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £200k - £0 remaining

Wage Budget - £119,551 p.w - Current Spending £120,644 p.w

2018/19 Pre-Season Transfers - Quite a few left as they were either not good enough or were causing disruption and affecting squad harmony so off they went.I would of liked to sign a few more players but what we got,I feel we will be able to avoid relegation.We managed to strengthen all position with exception of the wing positions and right back but that can come later on in the season,hopefully in January.

Expectations

2.Bundesliga - Mid-Table position - Mid-Table position

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round - Not expecting anything...been drawn against Werder Bremen in the 1st round.

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-1.png[/img]"]RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

Key Players

Michael Müller - GK - Finished the season as the number one keeper at the club as he bettered his rival Stradner,conceded 16 in 22 games while he kept 9 clean sheets in the process.He has excellent goalkeeping stats although his mental stats are not brilliant which could possibly hold him back.He should be able to do the job at this level.

Daniel Hofstetter - DC - Signed from Oberhausen for £95k in the Summer.Rated at 3.5* at 2. Bundesliga level so should be able to compete at this level.I hope he can settle in well and put in some big performances whether it's make vital tackles or scoring important goals,he should be able to do well.

Korbinian Raab - DM/MC - Was one of last season's one to watch players,he performed brilliantly and as improved alot.He currently is rated as a decent Bundesliga player and has the potential to be a leading Bundesliga player.He plays as the more defensive MC which does more of the efficient work.A thing to note is that he came from RB Leipzig's youth facilities.

Kagan Söylemezgiller - MC - With Raab playing a key role in the defensive MC position,Söylemezgiller was moved into the more attacking role.He didn't do too bad when he played but only managed to make 24 appearances due to injuries (groin strain being the worst - 3 weeks out!).Hopefully he can stay clear of injuries this season as he is a very capable player who averaged at 7.05 last season.

Admir Becirovic - ST - The big money signing for the season,was released on a free by Bayern Munich and has the potential to play as a good Bundesliga player.A product of Bayern's academy,he has not been given a fair chance.He will get that here and I feel he will be able to do the job as he is fairly ambitious and is the strongest forward in the team.

One to Watch

Jorginho - DC/DM - A product of Stuttgart's youth system,I was made aware of him last season as he played against us twice.He was the bright spark of a very poor Stuttgart ll side,so the fact he was released was pleasing for me.He is currently the 5th best DC in the team but has the potential to be better then Hofstetter.His potential is a good Bundesliga player and with a fairly determined personality,there is no reason why he can't make it.

Pre-Season Overview

I am pleased with what we have managed to do in pre-season as the toughest part was getting players in.We strengthened most areas but would have like another DR,AML and AMR but we can make do with what we got.We should be able to meet the board's expectations of mid-table but not sure about finishing higher as the top sides look quite tough,especially HSV!As for the cup,the board want 2nd round....we get Werder Bremen in the 1st round,that will be a tough battle which we can win but we will have to play at our absolute best.

As for my future,I wanted to have a shot in this league with RB Leipzig so badly that I turned down an offer from Liga BBVA side Getafe even if what the Spanish side offered was nearly too good to turn down compared to the budget's here.I will get this season done,the only way I am leaving here this season is if I am sacked or relegated!

Noikeee is right,the only major competitive games in the 20th century were both in the World Cup...England won in 66 and Portugal won in 86!However when it came down to qualifiers,Four games played,one victory for England and three draws.

Can't really judge much between the two in the 20th century if there was only 6 games!

cerud - Canada beat Morocco 1-0,if they were better at finishing then they could have beat Scotland as well but fortunately for the Scots,they couldn't finish better!

AK22 - Thanks!We're currently 4th after four games having won two,drew one and lost one.If we're going off wage budget,then 11th would be an acceptable place as we are spending £6.27 million a year (HSV are 1st in the salary per annum table with £17.92 million!)

Competitions

2.Bundesliga

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/2BundesligaOverview_Stages.png[/img]"]2BundesligaOverview_Stages.png

DFB-Pokal - Lost in first round to Werder Bremen which can be summed up in three parts.Good-Drew 3-3 with Werder Bremen...Bad - Lost on penalties...Ugly - Their equalizer came in the 6th minute of injury time when there was only supposed to be five!

Mid-Season Overview

Other then the DFB-Pokal,I have no complaints as it as been nothing short of a fantastic season.I was expecting an increase in ability of the opposition players but we have easily matched them and that even includes HSV who were relegated from the Bundesliga last season (good performance but we lost 3-2!).My players have been solid this season with the stand out player being Admir Becirovic,for the £12k a week he is on,he has rewarded us with 13 goals in 14 appearances and has now been fully capped by Bosnia!

I may bring in some free transfers due to the fact that we have managed to get rid of a player who was on £11.75k a week thanks to the previous manager.The main priority will be to bring in a DR as that is the weakest area in the team but will be also looking for a AMR and a AML,if I can get them for around £3k p.w then it will be even better as I will still be under budget!

As for me,I've rejected four offers to manage in the Czech Republic (Banik Ostrava,Jablonec,Jihlava and Sokolov),three in Romania (CFR Cluj,U Cluj and Gaz Metan) and one from the MLS which was Columbus Crew.Was favourite for the Seattle Sounders job which is one of the teams I wanted to manage but as I am doing so well at RB Leipzig,I wanted to stay to see if I could do the unthinkable and get promoted.If we were doing very badly then I'd probably would have took it.

It is nice to get offers but none interested me,would love it to get a Vancouver or Toronto offer but none have come up yet with me being linked!Saying that I wouldn't mind managing Wellington in the A-League either :p

deltablue - Thansks :thup:

ak22 - It was indeed!Redbull...it gives you wings :D

roganp - Thanks :thup: All I can say is so far so good in terms of getting promoted.I could have had top flight football this season but I rejected an offer from Liga BBVA side Getafe!

cerud - Thanks! We're looking good after 22 games as we have a 10 point lead the nearest team :D

To help my promotion bid,we have just signed the Bosnian Number 1 on a free transfer :eek:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/AsmirBegovicOverview_Profile.png[/img]"]AsmirBegovicOverview_Profile.png

Coach reports say he is at 5* Current ability and has the potential to be a leading Bundesliga Player so all I can say is what a coup!Also signing U.S.A International Jonathan Spector on a Bosman in the summer so I'm starting to think ahead for next season!

deltablue - Every German manager in the league doesn't like me so in this case there is nothing wrong with being cruel :D

arinceo - I'm still worried about HSV,they beat me at home so still have to go to their ground!Thanks,he has already made a difference in a 1-1 draw with Cottbus!

City2000 - Thanks!We also have the easier run in as most of the teams we have to face are mid-table with exception to HSV!

Thanks....the good news is that we got promotion....the bad news is that it crashed dumped on the 1st June...better news is that we only have to play the last game again then I'll save it every week to make sure that doesn't happen again!

Out of a squad of 26,seven are over 30,four are 30 with the rest being between 19-29.My only problem is that this the offer after delaying it and I haven't seen the budgets for next season with RB Leipzig!

It depends how you deal with going to a really big club on a worldwide scale. I never liked managing the Man Utds, Reals, Barcas because the squad seems set and even if you win you're only doing what you supposed to be. It's a lot of fun having big clubs on a national scale (like Zenit, Shakhtar, Galatasaray, Stuttgart) because it's really a challenge to win a Champions League title with them.

Stay in Germany. FMCU needs more German based careers. :D

Archived