FM12 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

Does anybody know how long these things usually start to take downloading via torrent?

I did ther metallic logo pack a few days ago and it probably took a few minutes "searching" before the download began, however with this one its been searching for 40 mins so far.

EDIT: and it's just kicked in!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BCFC_Mike, if everybody reasoned the same way as you do, nothing would ever get done. Just be patient. And do stop grumbling, will you? That's 12 posts from you in this thread within the last 24 hours and every single one of them finds some fault, be it perceived or real. I understand you're eager to get this file but we're equally as eager to get it to all of you so you can enjoy your game :)

phnompenhandy, could you upload the config.xml file for me? The version I uploaded looks good :confused:

I think some of you need to go read up on how torrents works :)

Direct download cut out for me at 1.1Gb :(

Re-attempting now. 102kb currently.

I recommend using a download manager if you're downloading the big file in one go. Wouldn't want it to cut at 99.9% would you? ;)

Please sir, direct us to a good article so that one day we all might know as much as you :)

Some torrent assistance from our forums.

What download manager would you recommend?

I'd recommend using the torrent download tbh ;)

No idea which download manager is the best, it's been ages since I last used one and don't feel comfortable recommending a program I haven't used and tested personally.

I followed the link in the first post and selected Download 4.00 Complete Pack. However, when I start downloading Part 1 from Easy Share the file being downloaded refers to 3.0. I am downloading the right facepack aren't I?

I suspect not.

From the OP: Click the link to the complete pack and at the bottom of the premium membership screen click free links, the torrent link is at the bottom of the page.

phnompenhandy, could you upload the config.xml file for me? The version I uploaded looks good :confused:

I don't know how to do that but the weird thing is I just copies 2 lines to paste in this post and it came out properly here.

Ah, looks like wall of text in notepad, fine in wordpad. Okay, no prob!

Where is the torrent link? I get to sortitoutsi sign up page but I don't see any free links for the torrent download. HELP!

Look at the OP: Click the link to the complete pack and at the bottom of the premium membership screen click free links, the torrent link is at the bottom of the page.

Managed to get to 51% so far. But at the moment download speed is too low, not enough seeders. Will pause it for now and continue tomorrow.

That defeats the purpose of the torrent!! Just leave the client on in the background!

This way, other people can get the file from you and if somebody else manages to get a slice of the file which you don't have, you would be able to download.

Is there any way to keep any of the SI faces that come default with the game?

Extract them using the Resource Archiver and place the resulting folder in the same folder location as the MP but rename the extracted folder to something which is alphabetically before the name of the MP folder. As FM reads folders alphabetically, this would mean that it first reads the SI images folder and then moves on to ours, displaying the SI images when there are duplicates.

If you downloaded all the updates from 3.1 to 3.12 and then download the 4.0 update pack, then you will be up-to-date.

Yeah sorted mons cheers, will there be more up to date pics for players like Cabaye, Vidic and Obertan in the next update or do you just use the best images available for each player?

Extract them using the Resource Archiver and place the resulting folder in the same folder location as the MP but rename the extracted folder to something which is alphabetically before the name of the MP folder. As FM reads folders alphabetically, this would mean that it first reads the SI images folder and then moves on to ours, displaying the SI images when there are duplicates.

Thanks for the reply. How do I get to the Resource Archiver?

Also, I downloaded that 'dark-skin' pack. The players with no pics are white on a white background rather than the black silhouette. Is this right?

Yeah sorted mons cheers, will there be more up to date pics for players like Cabaye, Vidic and Obertan in the next update or do you just use the best images available for each player?

Each update pack contains around 3,000 images of missing and improved images and this will be the case again with 4.1. I don't recall any of those 3 having new images produced recently. If you find any workable sources, follow the rules and post them in our forums :thup: I'm sure they'll be cut and include in the next update pack. All 3 have very good images atm imo tho...

Thanks for the reply. How do I get to the Resource Archiver?

Also, I downloaded that 'dark-skin' pack. The players with no pics are white on a white background rather than the black silhouette. Is this right?

Not sure I understand you. Could you post a screenshot?

You can get the Resource Archiver by following the instructions here.

That defeats the purpose of the torrent!! Just leave the client on in the background!

This way, other people can get the file from you and if somebody else manages to get a slice of the file which you don't have, you would be able to download.

If I pause it, I'll still be seeding ;)

Im running very slow here 12kB/s which sucks usually im hitting at least 500 most times 700 or so...Everyone downloading should leave there pc on as much as possible so the rest of the community can download. Mines on all night so hopefully ill be done by the morning and should at least help a few of the other guys out

it will get faster the more that complete it so don't complain some people don't even get that speed some are getting a small 100kb if that

personally those that complain about speed are just impatient and this was supplied by one person that had an upload speed of about 40kb/s or near that speed. now we have a good anmount of seeds give it until monday it will be even faster by next week some people will have it in minutes some overnight etc

It downloaded at about 750 kb/s for me, which is also really slow. Because normally I'm getting 5Mb/s.

Damnnn!

For other torrents my download speed is usually around the 750 kb/s mark, but i'm getting an average of 18 kb/s for this download! I don't get how I'm supposed to get it any faster with so many peers!

Archived