FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always read these threads, and finally decided to get involved! I was torn between Turkey and France, but opted for France in the end, specifically AS Cannes. They seem very popular for some reason, and I'm jumping on the Cannes bandwagon ;)

Untitled.png

Predicted - 6th

Board Expectation - Win Promotion

My Expectation - Win Promotion then!

Transfer Budget - £455K

Wage Budget - £50K

Current Wages - £23,309

Manager Profile

Manager Info

Club Overview

Club Info

Squad

AS Cannes were formed in 1902 and are currently in one of their worst positions for years. Their glory days of 1993/1994, when they finished 6th in Ligue 1, are now long gone.

The squad is wide reaching, featuring players from Rwanda, Madagascar and Togo. Signings will need to be made to launch a successful title bid.

Good luck hopefully they peaked in that game and you can beat them!

Looks like it! I went 1-0 up after 2 minutes. Then my goalie got sent off in the ninth minute. Now 2-0 up after 30 minutes.

My team are mental. Like eleven Balotellis.

Managed to win 3-2 away, with 10 men, against the team that beat us 6-1 previously. God only knows what to expect from the second leg!

3-0 up at half-time. My team are brilliant!

4-0 after 50 minutes!!!

Won 4-0 in the end, and we're through to the playoff final to face 2nd from bottom 2nd division side Albion Rovers.

Quite a run of games against East Fife, lost 6-1, won 3-2 than won 4-0!

Turn around from the 6-1 then!

Just a bit! ur form has been erratic all season so it's no surprise.

Currently 2-2 at half time, away to Albion Rovers.

Lost 4-2 in the first leg. We are quite capable of making up a two goal deficit, or we could also quite easily go out and get hammered! I never know what to expect!

My first competitive game is away to Boulogne in the cup first round... They're expected to finish 4th in the division above me. Going to be tough, though wins against Cottbus and Utrecht and only a narrow defeat to Hoffenheim in Pre-season give me a little confidence...

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2022-2023

The first season in the Champions League for Die Schlicktowner proved to be a memorable one. How did it turn out? Read on!

League|Graph: We pushed Bayern Munich to the very limit this season. In fact with the amount of time spent atop the table, I have to say that we blew a great opportunity to grab the Bundesliga title. On the last day the table looked like this. All we had to do was win at home to Hoffenheim and we would be champions. Yet, it was not to be. We managed only one shot on goal and had only one really good chance as Choi Kyung-Ho broke in on a 1on1 but hit the post. It ended 0-0 and Bayern were confirmed as champions. Heartbreaking.

Yet it has to be said that this was a really, really fun season where there were 7 really good teams in the League with Bayern being the class of course. But there is definately still a challenge to be had domestically.

For once we didn't manage to be bottom of the league in average attendance, and we even filled out our newly expanded 22k seat stadium on a few occasions. Our salary is now competitive with the rest of the top flight

German Cup: Went out in the 3rd round to Schalke, who eventually won the competition

Europe: First Champions League run for Wilhelmshaven started in the group stage with a fairly easy group. We dominated the group even drawing Arsenal in London and beating them in Wilhelmshaven. The Portuguese and Greek sides were dispatched easily and we were into the knockout phase with ease. In the knockout phase we drew Man City and we just barely didn't have enough to beat them over two legs losing 2-1 on aggregate. Still we proved that we belonged in Europe's premier club competition.

Squad

Keepers:

Farkas - Plays pretty much every game and is completely reliable

Peralta - Because I'm tired of the backup keepers complaining for playing time I've decided I'll be loaning in keepers to be 2nd choice from now on, at least until one of my homegrown keepers develops to an acceptable level.

Fullbacks:

Andersen - Tearing his hamstring early in the season limited his involvement and might have signaled the end of his time at Wilhelmshaven, as I don't think he could be considered a top flight fullback

Kocourek - The young Czech is the new backup to Perrone with the departure of Martninovic. He's good and has promise but needs to stop collecting yellow cards like they are candy.

Musil - Yawn another solid season from the left back. Has that position on lockdown

Perrone - Continues to be awesome and has been recognized by his national team as he now has 2 Argentine caps

Centre Halves:

Balan - The towering Romanian is one of the first names on the team sheet for important fixtures.

Dembele - 3rd choice plays well when called upon, which isn't often as Balan and Oldani have been rarely injured

Ivanildo - No longer cut out for the level, I'll probably let him go this offseason, thanks for the years of service Ivanildo!

Oldani - The finesse to Balan's strength Oldani has become a truly great centre half. He's even solid from the penalty spot, converting 2 penalties this year.

Central Midfielders:

Falah - The Swede has been a fixture for Wilhelmshaven and continues to be a solid player

Jansen - A frustrating figure as when he decides to play can single handedly win a game, but does not do that very often

Loose - The German with a decidedly un-Germanic name is a player that I'd like to play more...if he didn't seem to have a weekly appointment with the physio

Schussler - My Germanic midfield destroyer. Has a nice touch of class to go along with his tackling ability.

Tomas - The Spanish international was rotting in the Tottenham reserves, so I swooped for him. Hasn't produced any great performances, but will get more chances

Vieira - The Brazilian/German international turned in possibly his best season yet. 29 and looks like he might have a few years left in him, barring another major injury

Wagner - I keep him around because he's homegrown

Wingers:

Fofana - The Malian is a strange one, because every time I think that he's not up for it he goes off to score a hat trick. Still not sold on him but 11 goals in all competitions is a great return for a winger

Santos - Got the Brazilian on loan cheap to back up Worn, played decently, I don't think he'll be back though.

Urbanek - When he's not hurt he's amazing. Yet he manages to get hurt at least once a season

Worn - The Austrian continues to dazzle down the left side

Forwards:

Cirovski - I'm a sucker for Canadians, gotta support the national team! Cirovski looks like he might be the best Canadian striker ever and I hope to give him the platform to play at Wilhelmshaven

Daniel - The Brazilian hasn't quite managed to reach the form of two years ago where he banged in goals for fun, has been a solid goalscorer though

Kyung-Ho - Still waiting for him to find the form that saw him tear up the league the first half of last year

Zoidze - The captain put on his scoring boots this year and got 14 league goals, a career high, however like every year he goes through one 11 hour slump of not being able to score. Had he managed to score a few in the last half of the season, he might have been lifting the Bundesliga trophy.

Finances - Healthy even before we got 16 million pounds for Champions League TV rights

Transfers - Sold off bit parts and loaned out a ton of prospects.

Facilities - Besides a tiny stadium it looks like the facilities of a proper top half club

Club Screen - Somehow neither myself nor legends like Eldar Zoidze have managed to become Icons at Wilhelmshaven...

Next season: More Champions League and perhaps a bit of a revamp of the squad. Another title challenge will be expected in the extremely competitive Bundesliga

Vallee d'Aoste - Saint Christophe

2016/17

Serie B

End of season

stchristophe.gif

Table || Graph || Fixtures 1 || Fixtures 2

A good fun season that was one massive surprise after the first 5 games. I lost all of those to start the season, but once I got going I massively overachieved. Predicted a 22nd and last finish, we were on track to finish in the top half until the last 4-5 games when we kind of gave up. Ended up a very respectable 12th.

Finances

We made a profit for the first time ever without board investment. The board still invested £430k, but I'm not entirely sure why, we would have still made a ~£100k profit without it.

Squad || Transfers

No-one stood out as massively overperforming, and there was a lot of inconsistency. The transfers in weren't overly succesful straight off, but I'm hoping they'll grow into their potential and perform for the club. There were a few more impressive players, among them:

Andrea Ferrari Bravo - on loan from Serie D Teramo (!!) Andrea ended up with the hgihest avg rating of the squad and the only player over a 7 rating. Chipped in with 5 goals and 6 assists I'm contemplating signing the guy next year on a permanent move.

Davide Rizzo - joined at the end of last year and wasn't that impressive, but hit a purple patch mid-season and ended up top scorer.

Riccardo Orazi - sold co-ownership to Brescia for £200k at the start of the season with a future fee of £400k, and he took a while to get going this season but he hit a purple patch around the same time as Rizzo and ended up second top scorer

Ezequiel Dragani - the cultured midfielder was a consistent performer in the middle of the park, one of the first names on the teamsheet

Aims for next season:

Rebuild the squad so it's got more quality in it, with players that have the potential for Serie A

Reach the playoffs or auto promotion

Season | League | Finish | Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------
12/13 | C2/B | 2nd | Promotion, manager of the year
13/14 | C1/B | 11th | Avoided relegation
14/15 | C1/B | 14th | Won in playout vs Piacenza
15/16 | C1/B | 6th | Promoted in playoffs!
16/17 | B | 12th | Consolidated Serie B place, made a profit!

2014/15 Season - Clyde FC

ClydeFClogo.jpg

8th in the Scottish First Division

P 36 W 10 D 9 L 17 GF 42 GA 61 GD -19

League

Our return to the First Division after a five year absence saw us achieve our minimum aim of avoiding relegation and not a thing more, failing to defeat anyone above sixth placed Falkirk. We sat seventh for the vast majority of the season, only falling to eighth on the last day after I sent out a weak side to play Brechin with our survival already ensured. The squad will need to be strengthened if we are to continue our move up the table next season.

Scottish Cup

We entered in the Third Round and required a replay to knock out Third Division Alloa Athletic. A home tie against Falkirk followed and after conceding in the first minute we went down 3-1 and were eliminated.

League Cup

For the first time in my reign we got past the First Round, defeating Stirling Albion 3-1. Next was a trip to Dunfermline were we crashed out with a 2-0 loss.

Challenge Cup

Last season we caused a shock by winning this competition. This season we fell at the first hurdle, going down on penalties to Falkirk after coming from behind in extra time.

Key Players

Callum Gallagher - arrived on a free after being released from Rangers. Our leading goalscorer with 13 in the league and 16 in all competitions.

Frankie Lannen - another new signing, this one after being let go by Dundee. Held together the centre of defence and picked up four Man of the Match performances along with six goals.

Craig Sibbald - on a free from Peterhead. Six goals and eight assists made him the best of our midfield players.

The Squad

Transfer History

Scottish Season Summary

Premier League - Rangers

First Division - Partick Thistle

Second Division - Greenock Morton

Third Division - Montrose

Scottish Cup - Celtic defeated Dundee United 4-2

League Cup - Celtic defeated Partick Thistle 2-1

Challenge Cup - Queen Of The South defeated Dunfermline Athletic 4-0

Under 19 Cup - Partick Thistle defeated Celtic 4-3 on penalties (2-2 AET)

Season     Division    Pos    Scottish Cup    League Cup    Challenge Cup    Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Third       4th    3rd Round       1st Round     2nd Round        Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14    Second      1st    4th Round       1st Round     Winners          Promoted
2014/15    First       8th    4th Round       2nd Round     1st Round

Zamora - 2021/22

Transfers

- In a season where promotion was the main objective (but we were yet again predicted as dead last), we strengthened our squad with a few quality players. Cueto arrived from Valladolid, a 15 year old with plenty of potential--also a forward, this one Brazilian, arrived from Recife for 1.4 mE. We expect lots from him. In Pedraza and Ambroguetti, we signed two Argentinean midfielders with lots of skill with the ball, hoping to get even more ball possession every match.

- Several players left, nut none too vital for the team.

- This year was a bit easier than the last--even though we never really opened a margin with 3rd place to really look like we were for sure getting promoted, we kept at it and, grinding result after result, we ended up winning the league and ensuring that we'll be back at the BBVA next season. We're back, baby!

Table

Even more proud I am of our youngsters--league champions in front of a very well known team!

Stats: 1 and 2

Vieira is slowly but surely making himself a starting goalkeeper for the club--albeit he needs to improve at being more regular. Maxi Die is proving himself a key player fro us from the right back, even more after we couldn't really find a good partner for Josan in the center of the defense. Antonio Torres was given the attacking midfield task, and he did not disappoint, netting in 16 assists. Pedraza also did amazingly in his loan season--we'll make sure to buy him.

Revivo had a great first season with us, but I expect the same from him in the BBVA next year--he has the skill for it. Sebastian Garcia was just...amazing, as usual. 40 goals and 14 assists in 41 matches. By now, this guy is in the Top 5 of the best Spanish forwards right now...but he is only playing with the U-21 National Team.

Finances: All fine and dandy!

2013/14 - Segunda B - 2nd, 79 points, lost in promotion playoffs - No Copa del Rey

2014/15 - Segunda B, 3rd, 76 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Third round vs Sestao

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 17th, 50 points - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Oviedo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 14th, 54 points - Copa del Rey: Forth round vs Athletic Bilbao

2017/18 - Ligha Adelante - 4th, 74 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Elche

2018/19 - Liga BBVA - 19th, 25 points, relegated! - Copa del Rey: fourth round vs Granada

2019/20 - Liga Adelante - 15th, 51 points, avoided relegation in the 78th minute of the last match - 2nd round in Copa vs Sabadell

2020/21 - Liga Adelante - 5th, 73 points, lost in promption playoffs vs Espanyol - 3rd round in Copa vs Zaragoza

2021/22 - Liga Adelante - 1st, 81 points, champions and promotion!!! - 4th round in Copa vs Real Sociedad

Thanks for iistening!

Zamora - 2022/23

Transfers

- We signed Pedraza as per our loan agreement, for only 1.4m Euro. Portuguese RB Olivera arrived to give some rest to Die every now and again, and Dutch LM Wagenaar was signed in the winter transfer window to strengthen the midfield, and he did not disappoint.

- This season went definitely better than our first one in the BBVA. Our goal was to get to 45 points ASAP to avoid relegation, but even though that never happened, we still staid clear of the red zone for most of the year. We secured our BBVA slot a few games out, and celebrated like it was a title. Next year, the goal is to grow stronger and keep moving up!

- Also, best result of my career so far, without a doubt.

Table

Vieira did not do excelent this season, but we're sticking with him and seeing how he develops. Maxi Die is, by now, one of the best defenders in the continent. Other than young LB Paco Santos breaking into the first team this year, the other notable player was Wagenaar, with 4 goals and 6 assists coming in January.

Revivo was a huge disappointment, with only three goals--young Cueto did better. Sebastian Garcia did feel the change of division, but he still netted 16 goals and 9 assists, a great number for a newcomer to the BBVA. Still no national tea, for him, though. I don't get it. Surely it will come. The guy's worth 21m E by now--the second best striker in the country after Real Madrid's legen, Ibon.

Finances: Doing great, even though we spend money pretty much every year on making sure our youth and traning facilities are the best possible. However, we're still with a 8,000 stadium, which gets FULL every game. Oh well.

2013/14 - Segunda B - 2nd, 79 points, lost in promotion playoffs - No Copa del Rey

2014/15 - Segunda B, 3rd, 76 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Third round vs Sestao

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 17th, 50 points - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Oviedo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 14th, 54 points - Copa del Rey: Forth round vs Athletic Bilbao

2017/18 - Ligha Adelante - 4th, 74 points, promoted via playoffs! - Copa del Rey: Second round vs Elche

2018/19 - Liga BBVA - 19th, 25 points, relegated! - Copa del Rey: fourth round vs Granada

2019/20 - Liga Adelante - 15th, 51 points, avoided relegation in the 78th minute of the last match - 2nd round in Copa vs Sabadell

2020/21 - Liga Adelante - 5th, 73 points, lost in promption playoffs vs Espanyol - 3rd round in Copa vs Zaragoza

2021/22 - Liga Adelante - 1st, 81 points, champions and promotion!!! - 4th round in Copa vs Real Sociedad

2022/23 - Liga BBVA - 16th, 38 points, avoided relegation! - 4th round of Copa vs Valencia

Thanks for iistening!

Zamora - 2023/24

Transfers

- We really didn't spend much money until the winter window, where we felt like we should splurge and strengthen the team to get maximum results. 34 year old Freddy Adu arrived on a free and play little (it was more of a cool signing for me than anything). Racing's striker Joselu, just relegated to the Adelante, signed for a couple of million, but didn't play much and wanted to leave next summer. English Higgins came on a free to better the left midfield along with Wagenaar.

- Lots of people left, though. Hallstrand, Mario Jorge, Sonne, Bernier, Revivo, Ambroguetti, Garnier...all those players who had fell short of overperforming, and they left around 28m in the bank.

_________

- In January, four players arrived--Moldavian CB Petrescu, Brazilian 24yo forward Renatinho, young Scottish AM Kenny, and the next Riquelme (in my personal opinion), 21 year old Lucho, from Boca. They all did well in the few months they played.

- We started the season fully knowing that we were the team with, in theory, the worst team in the league, and also the worst paid one (see).However, none of my players seemed to care as we started amazingly, with a Top 8 finish by the end of the first batch of matches.

- We did feel like we needed a couple of players to keep the form though, and with the January signings, the team kept at it, with European chances all the way to the end. A 1-3 win at Gijón and another one vs Athletic (even with 7 players missing due to int'l call-ups) put us finishing 6th, an amazing finish for us.

- We will be in the Europa League next season! I got Manager of the Year, Zamora got best progression, and Sebastian, in the best team of the league as a sub. I am loving looking at this table right now.

Table

Vieira conceded a bunch of goals, but he did OK overall. Die, Petrescu, Josan and Santos were the starting defense towards the end of the season,with the latter being chased by half of Europe, but he is not for sale at all. Youth product Pavon is by now essential in the defensive mid--he is still very young, but we're going with it. Wagenaar and Pedraza are solid in the left and rid mid, and Lucho did very well to be his first few months in the league and the club.

Renatinho did what we expected form Revivo and he did not do--pace, finishing, perfect complement for a Sebastian Garcia who, this year did even better than his last at the BBVA. Fourth best forward in the league, and second best Spanish after Ibon, of course. Still no national team though.

Finances: We now have amost 40m in the bank (although we're paying the 19m for Lucho in installments). Surely that new stadium has to come...8,000 is laughable at this level.

2022/23 - Liga BBVA - 16th, 38 points, avoided relegation! - 4th round of Copa vs Valencia

2023/24 - Liga BBVA - 6th, 59 points, qualified to Europa League! - 4th round of Copa vs Getafe

Thanks for iistening!

A snapshot of Zamora's youth products

Start of 2024/25 season:

13 out of 30 players are youth products:

Picture1-66.png

Alvaro - AM, 15yo - First season here. Lots of dribbling skill but a lot to learn still. 1 league app 0ass 0g

Antonio Torres - AM, 28yo - Our oldest player, in the team for 12 years now. Love this guy and the fact that he never complains. 296app(most ever) 73ass 20g

Ballesta - FW, 17 - Second season, really good finishing to be this young. Arsenal, Inter, Juventus behind him. 30app, 1ass, 3g. Dubbed the next Alvaro Negredo.

Ivan - LM, FW - 23yo, 7 years here, came out on the same year as Sebastian, but fell short of expectations. A good player of the kind that makes a team...a team. 155app, 25ass, 29g

Jonatan - GK, 20yo, 5th season here. He's a backup and he knows it, but he has potential as well, you never know. 30app, 24gc

Jorge - CM, 21yo, 5th season. Has spent two of his five years her on loan, gaining experience.Very fast but not too good in the passing game. 83app, 11ass, 6g

Josan - CB, 23yo, 7 seasons here. He keeps earning himself minutes seson after season, and no matter who I bring to strengthen the defense. A 166cm CB with lots of heart. 178app, 7ass, 14g

Pavon - DM, 19yo, 4th season. Our pitbull, he has earned his place in the first team at not even 20 years of age. Expect lots more from him, too. 71app, 5ass, 2g. Dubbed the next David Albelda.

Platero - CB, 22yo, 6th season. A centerback who can also play DM, this guy is pure teamwork. 170app, 11ass, 12g

Roman - AM, 16yo, 2nd season. He could be class in 3-4 years if he improves his physical strength. 9app, 2ass, 0g

Santana - GK, 16yo, first season. Another backup GK who just arrived. 0app, 0gc

Sebastian Garcia - FW, 24yo, 8th season. He's God for our fans, an idol. Has spent all his career with us, playing since day one pretty much. He's gonna go places, for sure. 281apps, 67ass, 175g (most ever)

Zapico - DM, 16yo, 2nd season. Substitue for Pavon, too young still but with lots of potential. 14app, 0ass, og

Other:

They say FW Luis Cueto could also be the next Alvaro Negredo.

LB Paco Santos is dubbed the next Jose Antonio Camacho!

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Gypsum's Annan Athletic - End of season update - Scottish third division - 2031/32 (Season 1)

Gypsum Fantastic: Manager profile / Information

League position: 2nd / Position chart

Media prediction: 9th

A season of more ups than downs, unfortunately ended on a down. Despite some spectacular runs of form and sitting comfortably in the top spot at times, toward the end of the season we really struggled for results and ended up slipping to finish in 2nd place. To add insult to injury, we ended up losing our final game of the season 6-1 to East Fife, which ruined our slim hopes of reclaiming first place at the death, and didn't bode well for our playoff chances... especially as our first opponents would be none other than East Fife!

Playoff semi-finals: 1st leg, East Fife 2-3 Annan. 2nd leg, Annan 4-0 East Fife

Despite the devestating 6-1 loss in the final game of the season, my team came back strongly in the playoffs as we impressively overcame East Fife 7-2 on aggregate.

Playoff finals: 1st leg, Albion Rovers 4-2 Annan. 2nd leg, Annan 0-1 Albion Rovers

Facing Second division relegation candidates Albion, we were unfortunate. In the first leg our lack of fitness told as two late goals helped them to victory. With our erratic form, I had some hope we would come good and be able to overturn a two goal deficit in the second leg. But despite an impressive performance, we were unable to convert our chances, and an 80th minute goal by Annan killed off our chances.

Transfers - A conservative transfer policy was due to a lack of finances, with meagre wages and only part-time contracts available to be offered. I mostly concentrated on bolstering our weak midfield, but my best bit of business was definitely the free signing of striker Andrew Byrne.

Finances - A lack of spending saw us build a healthy £79k bank balance. This will also be helped by our feeder club deal with Rangers, which will see us given £23k a season, in addition to the annual friendly.

Squad - I believe a lack of quality in depth cost us the league title. Our squad, when fully fit and suspension free, built up impressive runs of form. But our backup players were unable to cover adequately when called upon and contributed to some slumps in form.

Star players:

Alan Moyes - DC - A late starter in the game, Moyes has just completed his third season as a footballer at the age of 24, all of which have been at Annan. Despite that lack of experience, the centre-back came of age this season, bagging an astonishing 15 goals, mostly attributed to his aerial prowess from set-pieces.

Andrew Byrne - ST - A free transfer after being released from Second division Cowdenbeath. Byrne proved himself a far more technically capable striker than I would have expected at this level, scoring 19 goals as our central striker in a front three.

Brian Gray - AMR - An Annan youth product, Gray became an integral part of our first team at the tender age of 18. Playing as a wide striker in a front three, Brian's energetic running play helped him to score 11 goals, while providing an impressive 16 assists.

Year            Division                 Position                 Other achivements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2031/32         Third division           2nd                      Playoff finalists

Logo2.png

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Season 2014/2015 - Second Division

We started the season with a draw versus Aachen followed by a great 6-1 win over Unterhaching followed by a 3-0-2 until we went on a 19 game unbeaten run that contained an 8-1 win over Dredsen but it was ended on Stadion deer Freundschaft 0-2 vs Cottbus. After that we bounced back with a win over promotion contenders 1860 München 4-0. The last part of the season was a bit sketchy with a form of 4-2-1 winning Regensburg 3-0 in our last game of the season. The German Cup was lost in the 3rd round 0-2 versus Schalke.

Table - Graph - Club Information

Players:

GK:

Beto - Portuguese international, sits on the bench most of the time thought. Came in for free.

DR: Christian - Did alright in the in the fullback slot, still needs to be replaced but I lack the funds to find a decent replacement.

DC: Chris Tuttle - Cant understand why Southampton released him. He had a really solid season and is still developing, hopefully he'll be with us for the next couple of season and do good in the Bundeliga. He also won the Fans Player of the Year award.

DC: Jagos Vukovic - The Serbian beast is the heart of the defense and and had a good season.

DL: Salah Salama - Our record breaking transfer of £900K didn't have the greatest of all seasons but is still settling is, he is wanted by many clubs in Italy, England, and France.

MR: Marco Padalino - He did good notching up 14 assists and an Avg. Rating of 7.52, needs to be replaced as he is aging.

MC: Ryan Tunnicliffe - Released by Man. Utd and I picked him up. Hopefully I can sell him for a nice profit

MC: Bastian Schulz - Been with us since the Third Division and will probably be getting some games in the Bundeliga.

ML: Marek Strestik Shame we didn't come to an agreement in his contract negotiations. Leaving for Bolton on a free transfer :(

ST: Sven Noguera - The only good product from our Academy. Our main striker did well as supporting striker with 15 goals, most scored with headers :cool: Bayern have been sniffing around but he is happy with us.

ST: Wellington - Probably not good enough for the Bundesliga but he did alright scoring 17 goals.

Hopefully we will do alright in our first season in the Bundesliga. Aiming for a mid-table finish, I'm predicted to come 13th which is quite weird since most of the team predicted to come beneath us have much better squads.

2012/13 Season Review-Elgin City-Scottish Third Division

Unlike my attempt in Italy we had no trouble with relegation. We started off well and never really looked back. The main powerhouse part of my season was right wear it mattered between christmas and May where I won 9 games in a row to win the league with 3 games to spare.

League Table

League Positions Graph

A few giant killings in the cup seemed to do wonders for the confidence

Scottish Cup

League Cup

Challenge Cup

Transfers

Finances-Seem quite reasonable and they should only get better if I can keep going on cup runs

Team Report

Next Season the aim is to not go straight back down. I think that can be achieved as we were quite good this season :)

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2017/18

Season Preview

So after finally making it to the Bundesliga after our near misses, I looked forward to a summer of potenital squad strengthening to help us manage the step up to the top flight in Germany. Unfortunately it didn’t quite pan out that way as our wage budget turned out to be £20k per week less than our existing wage udget. Combined with a transfer budget of £350k finances were VERY tight and this limited our transfer activity significantly. In total only two players joined the club, both tied up before the restrictive wage budget was implemented.

To that end, here are the new signings…

Transfers

Centre Backs

36. Vitaliy Korolkov - this young Belorussian was signed last summer but only joins us now. Has a lot of potential and becomes our second Belorussian defener along with Kuznetsov. Will be a fringe player for now.

Midfielders

4. Zafer Balikci - Zafer was coveted by a number of top Bundesliga teams but they stalled in making an offer so I popped in and got my man. Has the potential to be a key player for us in midfield.

The Upcoming Season

So we enter the Bundesliga with pretty much the same team that gained promotion last season. I have to say that I am a little disappointed not to have been able to strengthen further which I think makes the survival target a little tougher. Hopefully our tight defence holds up and we can score a few goals to get the points we will need. On paper it will be a tough job to stay up – Maybe they underestimate my boys……..

I've got the opposite to you rlipscombe - I've got my wage budget up to £30k from £13k, but I can't find anyone who's good enough and willing to join me. It's depressing looking through the players my scouts pick out, I think they assume I'm still looking for serie c players expecting to go straight back down, yet I'm looking for quality to move on up. :(

I've got the opposite to you rlipscombe - I've got my wage budget up to £30k from £13k, but I can't find anyone who's good enough and willing to join me. It's depressing looking through the players my scouts pick out, I think they assume I'm still looking for serie c players expecting to go straight back down, yet I'm looking for quality to move on up. :(

i know what you mean... quite frustrating seeing all the players i COULD sign given a bit more money. so much talent out there, especially in South America. hopefully a couple of seasons in the Bundesliga can gve us finances to compete...

I shouldn't have started this challenge at the same time I'm doing all the Uni coursework I left to the last minute... Ah well.

Very tight at the top at the moment, Nimes top with 26 followed by AS Cannes (Me) and Colmar on 25. My next 2 games are against Colmar and Nimes. Pressure's on...

Currently leading Colmar 1-0 away at half time. Nervous.

DESTROYING THE STATUS QUO - 2012/13

C.D. Castellón

Jordan Swinburn

Cd_castelln_200px.png

Club Information | League Table | Position Graph

Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2)

Cup Fixtures | Playoff Fixtures

Not a bad season for us, which probably could have been better. We got higher than we were predicted to, even if it was by just two places. I said I wanted to spend very little, and whilst I did, I overpaid on the three I paid money for. However, three players stood out among the bunch.

These three were the main contributors to our goals. Fantastic seasons from all three. I said in my original post that I wanted to pay good attention to young players, and I've done just that. Very few are over 25 in the squad, and for 90% of the season, I played a few youth players in Antonio and Laureano. Pascual Castellanos got a decent amount of game time too. Overall, getting promoted and whatnot, you could call it a successful season. Being in Liga Adelante is going to be tough, but I'm sure we can do it. I have a good amount of potential in the side and it can only get better the higher we go.

I realise I've forgotten the finances screen and confidence screen, which I usually do before anything. And since I got all of these before the weekend, I've played ahead. Shall get them for the next update. All I can say is I'm a bit in the red...

Just over half way through the LIGA adelante season. Currently 9th, 2 points off the playoffs after 21 games. Won 7, drawn 10, lost 4. We're doing pretty well, but we're not scoring enough goals. Granted, I'm a newly promoted side using young, inexperienced players, so I'm probably overachieving. My top scorer has 4 goals. That being said, I don't have a recognised striker in my squad.

Not a single penny spent on transfers so far, but wages are dragging the finances down. Tried to keep them as low as possible. Kept the squad young, as I said, with only 3 over 25. 7 newgens in the squad at the moment, with 5 of them getting regular game time. Some of the higher profile names in my squad are Kerlon (Inter Milan) and Robert Cullen (VVV).

My 3 biggest prospects are Jorge Padilla, Hamed Al-Kubasi and Laureano. According to my scout Guti, and my coaches, these three could be good LIGA BBVA players. Hopefully they'll still be here when I win the Champions League ;)

Archived