FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Afyon - Turkish Second Division - 2013/14 End of season update

Table | Transfers | Squad

What a difference a season makes My last game last season was to see if we would still be in the division. My last game this season was to see if we could make the playoffs. Somehow we did squeeze into them, and beat teams in the playoff quarters and semis, so it came down to yet another last day of the season. However this one did not have the fairytale result, we lost 3-1 to the team that had finished 2nd in the other group. So we are still 2nd div for next season, but we put up a fantastic showing.

A bunch of players I thought I had signed just before the end of the january transfer window all have join dates of the summer, so I suppose I have already sorted out some reinforcements, shame they havent appeared when I wanted them too.

Generally just got to hope we can get playoffs or a bit better next season.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2018/19

Season Preview

german-bundesliga-logo.gif

So having established ourselves as a Bundesliga club in our first season in the top flight, I was optimistic of being given some funds to help push us on a level. To an extent it happened, but it required some wheeler dealing to be able to strengthen in areas I felt needed strengthening.

To that end, here are the new signings who will helpfully help us kick on in this league…

Transfers

Goalkeepers

13. Patrik Colavic - I felt that finding another keeper was essential for me. Heimann has been a great servant but it was an area I felt could be improved. To that end, Colavic was signed for just over £2 million. I have high hopes for him and he could be a real star for us in future seasons.

Full Backs

2. Victor Escobar - Following the departure of Agba on a free transfer I needed another right back in the club. Victor is highly rated and will push Schroder for a starting spot.

Midfielders

20. Nestor Lopez - Nestor joins for £750k from his homeland of Uruguay. The coaches currently think he is a little short on being ready for the first team, but he will get plenty of run-outs from the bench this season in order to help his development.

Strikers

9. Jurgen Locadia - Jurgen joins on a season loan from PSV and will hopefully help improve the quality of the strikeforce a little. Will probably be Scherbakov’s strike partner.

The Upcoming Season

So we have made a few key signings as we look to move the club forward. I am happy with my signings and I am HOPEFUL of a push towards the Top 10 this season. We shall see how the Waldhof-Buben go this season in achieving my target of a Top-10 finish.

Keçiorengücü 2020/21 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 3rd

Championship Group: 2nd

(qualified for next season’s Champions League)

Turkish Cup: 5th Round

Champions League: Play-offs

Europa League: 2nd Knockout Round

Premier Division

A very inconsistent season. At times we played brilliantly and at others we were awful (including a 7-1 whooping at the hands of Beşiktaş!) Thankfully, we had by far the best strikeforce in the league and their goals saved us in many games we probably should have lost. A good run of form at the end of the season meant we finished 3rd yet again.

Final Table

Championship Group

I wasn’t expecting much from the Championship Group but in the end it was a vase of what might have been. We started brilliantly, getting revenge on Beşiktaş, surprising Galatasaray away from home and stuffing Fenerbahçe 4-0 in our own back yard. Another win over Beşiktaş put us three points clear with two games to go. A win in our next game over Galatasaray and the title would be ours….

We lost…

Nevermind as our head-to-head record meant we stayed ahead of Fenerbahçe. A point from them in the last game and the title would be ours…

We lost…

So frustrating to get so close and end up second!!! :mad:

Final standings

Turkish Cup

A poor showing for us once again. We beat Ankaragücü in the 4th round only to lose to a late goal at Gaziantepspor in the 5th. We would come back to the same venue 3 days later in the league and beat them 7-0….

Champions League Qualifiers

Metalist of Ukraine were dispatched easily enough in our first qualifying round before a tough looking tie with Juventus. A last-minute goal earned us a 2-2 draw in Italy but we couldn’t make our away goals count as we went down 4-3 in the second leg.

Europa League

That meant the Europa League again. We started well with 3 wins in the first three games against Sturm Graz, Dinamo Kiev and Marseille. We suffered a setback in France as we lost 4-0 but a 4-1 win in Austria in the next game assured our passage to the knockout rounds. Just as well as we lost the final group game at home to Kiev.

Final Table

We would face French opposition again as we were paired with PSG in the 1st Knockout round. 2-1 victories in both legs sent us through to the next round to face Man City. We put up a good fight but they were too strong for us over the two legs and we went out 4-3 on aggregate.

The Squad: Transfers

Hakan Konak was the only departure from the first team this season, moving to Rubin for 12millionTL. That money was reinvested in a few hot prospects. The main two to feature in the first team squad were a defender Ali Ihsan Boz, who impressed enough to make his Turkey debut towards the end of the season, and Hakan Sunar, a like for like replacement for Konak.

I also picked up a couple of promising players on free transfers from Swiss clubs with Carlos Silva and Malte Winter both proving to be decent additions to our defence.

The Squad: Key Players

Kadir Alagöz (DC) - Only 17 but the standout performer in a sometimes shaky defence. It's no coincidence we lost that game at Beşiktaş when he was out injured!

Şahin Kaya (DM) – Continues to perform like a seasoned pro in the anchor role and is now a regular starter in the national side as well.

Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Stepped up to fill the void left by Konak’s departure. I have high hopes for this young Albanian.

Barış Tan (AMLC) - Once again a consistent threat on the left wing. Great at cutting inside and turning defenders.

Erman Ergin (ST) – Joins Kaya as a product of our youth system now established in the first team.

Nicky Woodford (ST) – Had a couple of extended spells without a goal but was in fine form the rest of the time with 28 league goals and 17 assists. He also qualified for Turkish nationality and made his debut just after this screenshot was taken.

The Squad: Awards

Nicky Woodford was Top Goalscorer in the Turkish Premier League for the 5th year in a row and also earned his second European Golden Boot making him the obvious choice for the Supporters’ Player of the Year. His strike partnership with Erman Ergin saw them both named in the league’s Team of the Year. Ergin was chosen as Striker of the Year while fellow youth team graduate Şahin Kaya won the Young Player of the Year award with Ali Ihsan Boz third.

And we have now won the Turkish Premier Division Fair Play League 6 years in a row!

The Story So Far…

Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO | Qualified for Champions League

Keçiorengücü 2021/22 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 2nd

Championship Group: Winners!!

(qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)

Turkish Cup: 4th Round

Champions League: Quarter-finals

Premier Division

We were in great form for most of this season thanks in no small part to conceding fewer goals than ever before. That was just as well as a broken leg robbed us of the goal scoring talents of Nicky Woodford for most of the season. It quickly became clear that it was between us and Fenerbahçe for top spot with the other teams trailing far behind. We were in pole position most of the way with our only defeats coming away to Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş. We just couldn’t keep it going though and 2 defeats in our final 3 games meant Fenerbahçe pipped us to top spot.

Final Table

Championship Group

Just as well then that we have this Championship Group! An opening draw at Fenerbahçe was a decent start. We then won our next three to put us in exactly the same position as last year needing two points from our last two games to be crowned champions. This time we didn’t bottle it. A 4-1 win at Mersin I.Y. secured the title with a game to spare. Challenge part one complete!

Final standings

Turkish Cup

Our success in the league was definitely NOT matched in the cup as we could only draw at home to 1st Division side Beylerbeyi, going on to lose on penalties.

Champions League

FC Twente were our first opponents, a side that beat us 5-1 in a Europa League game a couple of seasons back. To show how far we’ve come, we reversed that scoreline with a 5-1 win in Holland meaning the second leg was a formality. We still had to negotiate the final qualifying round, however – the point at which we had been eliminated for the past two seasons. This time we got Arsenal and I feared the worst. I needn’t have worried though as we pulled off a huge shock with a 1-0 win at the Emirates followed up by a 2-0 victory in Ankara sending us into the group stage for the first time!

On paper, Barcelona were favourites for the group and it looked like we would be battling for 2nd with Marseille and CSKA Moscow. A home win over CSKA was a good start before we sent shockwaves around Europe with a 3-2 win at the Camp Nou. A home draw with Marseille was followed by another 3-2 win in France and, much to my surprise and delight, we had secured qualification after just 4 games! Predictably, our form didn’t hold as we then lost in Russia and were beaten at home by Barcelona, who had to make do with a spot in the Europa League.

Final Table

We were drawn against Porto in the 1st Knockout Round and our ginat-killing run continued as we won 5-1 in the first leg making the second game a formality. The dream finally ended in the quarter-finals in a thrilling tie with Man Utd. We came back from Old Trafford still very much in it after a 3-2 defeat. We were 2-0 up at one point in the second leg but the game would finish 3-3, sending us out 6-5 on aggregate.

With the higher wages demanded by my best players these days and the limited income from our tiny stadium, there wasn’t much money to spend at the start of the season so the only players in came on frees but none of them managed to make an impact on the first team. There weren’t any major departures either with only some squad players and youngster unable to make the grade moving on.

Berkan Yemiş (DR) – at 24, really started to reach his potential this season with very consistent performances.

Carlos Silva (DL) – in his second season at the club showed some great form and made the left-back slot his own.

Kadir Alagöz (DC) – only 18 but a rock at the heart of our much improved defence. Plenty of big European clubs are expressing interest but I am confident he’ll sign a new contract.

Şahin Kaya (DM) – More of the same from Şahin who was consistently effective in his holding role.

Matthew Blake (MC) – was in and out of the first team due to injuries but really took control of midfield when he played.

Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Also struggled with injury but when fit he was on great form.

Barış Tan (AMLC) – Another solid season from Mr. Dependable on the left.

Alexandre Tavares (ST) – Had a slow start to the season but soon got a run in the team and plenty of goals after Woodford’s injury.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

With Woodford out injured our striking options seemed depleted until youth team graduate Emrah Özkan started to make his mark. 11 goals in the league in his first full season – a star in the making?

Alexandre Taveres’ emergence saw him win the Striker of the Year award. The star of the season though was Kadir Alagöz who was named Young Player of the Year and was voted in as the Supporters’ Player of the Year. Ali Kemal Şahin was named Goalkeeper of the Year and all three featured in the Team of the Year along with Berkan Yemiş.

I reclaimed the Manager of the Year title and, yes, we did win the Fair Play award for the 7th consecutive time.

The Season Ahead…

A great season with our first league title and major progress in Europe. I will be looking to defend that title and build on our Champions League success.

Off the pitch, prize money put us in a very strong financial postion. However, I won’t start planning for a spending spree just yet as the board made this announcement:

2022newstadium.png

Obviously, I am delighted that we will have a new stadium if a little disappointed that it will only have a capacity of 8,500 (as well as the fact that it will not be named after me!) The loan does mean I’ll have to be careful with cash though as it was only Champions League money that kept us in the black this season.

The Story So Far…

Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL QFinal | League Champions!

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Gypsum's Annan athletic - End of season update

Scottish second division - 2033/34 (Season 3)

The (almost) invincibles!

Gypsum Fantastic: Manager profile / Information

League position: 1st place / Position chart

Media prediction: 7th

An incredibly strong league campaign left us with only one loss all season, and a goal difference of +62, a staggering 34 points clear of third place. Only Berwick could keep close to us throughout the season, usually only a point or two behind, but they couldn't match our goal threat and consistency as we eventually finished 7 points clear of them.

Transfers - We had an excellent time in the transfer market, signing some quality players, including Irish, Greek and Italian under-21 internationals. Our best bit of business was the signing, and eventual sale of goalkeeper James Smith, who we signed on a free, then sold for £20k 6 months later.

Finances - Our finances continue to remain remarkably solid. This saw me given a wage budget of over £6k per week, which I managed to stay around £1k beneath. With the board planning to build a new stadium it will be interesting to see what effect this has on our financial stability.

Squad - The strength of my squad proved to be far better than I hoped at the beginning of the season. Last term's top performers continued their good form, while new signings such as Chorianoupoulos became a full international for Greece, while he and Irishman Pat McDermott have both been called up to their nation's World cup squads. Tommaso Tarantino proved to be one of the most promising signings, as a regular Italian under-21 international he showed great class in midfield at the tender age of 19.

Star players:

Simon Christie - ST - Another remarkable season from the pacy wide-striker. A 7.59 average rating, with 21 goals and 18 assists speak for themselves as the tricky little Scotsman added to his 18 goals and 11 assists last season. Simon was also named the Division 2 player of the season.

Pat McDermott - ST - After starting his career at Shamrock rovers, then having brief trials at Derry city and Inverness, I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted Pat available on a free transfer. The Irishman ended the season with 26 goals, making him the division's top scorer, and even earning a call up to the Irish squad for the 2034 World cup!

Stathis Chorianopoulos -DR - Another player like McDermott, where I couldn't believe my luck. Stathis was playing at Loughborough university and an established Greek under-21 international when I snapped him up. His impressive form and development playing on either flank as full-back earned him a 7.25 rating for his club, and 2 full international caps for his country. The icing on the cake will be his call up to the Greek World cup squad, where he has a realistic chance of making an appearance on sport's biggest stage.

Year            Division                 Position                 Other achivements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7487877&viewfull=1#post7487877"]2031/32[/url]         Third division           2nd                      Playoff finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7509111&viewfull=1#post7509111"]2032/33[/url]         Third division           1st                      Scottish cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7521078&viewfull=1#post7521078"]2033/34[/url]         Second division          1st     

Keçiorengücü 2022/23 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 2nd

Turkish Cup: Winners!!

Super Cup: Winners!!

Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage

Europa League: Finalists

Premier Division

It was a two-horse race between us and Beşiktaş most of the way. At one point we won 17 games in a row but somehow, Beşiktaş stayed in touch. We would eventually slip down to second as a fixture pile-up caused by our cup runs (see below) meant we had to play 4 league games in 8 days from which we could only pick up 4 points.

Final Table

Championship Group

The Championship Group was a lot tighter than last year with plenty of draws and everyone taking points off each other. After five games, we had won one, lost one and drawn three – luckily we had taken 4 points off Beşiktaş meaning we had moved into first place. It all came down to the last day with Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş hoping to pip us to top spot. We had to beat Kayserispor to seal the title and we did so emphatically, trouncing them 7-0 to seal the title!

Final standings

Super Cup

The season curtain-raiser was a straightforward win over cup holders Mersin, adding another trophy top the cabinet in the process.

Turkish Cup

At last – success in the cup! I anticiapted another early exit when we were drawn away to Fenerbahçe in the 4th round but we prevailed and then got the luck of the draw as we faced two second division teams and then Siirtspor, a third division side, in the semi. Tougher opposition in the shape of Beşiktal awaited in the final but with that game for some reason played in front of our own fans, we won 2-0 to complete the double!

Champions League

After last season, expectations were high. Unfortunately, the presence of AC Milan and Valencia in our group soon brought us back down to earth. Milan had the better of us home and away. We managed to beat Valencia in Spain but lost the return fixture meaning we had to settle for 3rd and a return to the Europa League.

Final Table

Europa League

Feyenoord were our first knockout round opponents in the Europa League. In Holland, we would turn in one of our best performances under my management winning 7-2 despite playing 70 minutes with ten men!! That made the return leg a formality of course setting up a tie with Man City. A 2-0 win at home was followed by a 3-2 loss in Manchester but that was enough to see us through 4-3 on aggregate. We had the easiest possible draw in the quarters as we got FC Copenhangen. A 6-1 aggregate scoreline earned us a semi-final date with Dortmund. A late equaliser earned us a 1-1 draw in Germany and, with confidence high, we thrashed them 5-0 at home to make our first ever European final! It would be a tough task though as we faced Juventus whose home stadium was the final venue. It proved a little too tough as we were taught a bit of a lesson and lost 4-1. A shame as I don’t think I have ever won the Europa League/UEFA Cup on any version of FM!

Only two players in this season – one a young attacker signed from Fenerbahçe and the other to provide cover in defence. The only departures were reserve and youth team players who had failed to make the grade.

Berkan Yemiş (DR) – another season played at a consistently high level.

Carlos Silva (DL) – continues to improve and impress at left back.

Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Just gets better and better! Played nearly every game for us and the Turkish national side as well.

Şahin Kaya (DM) – Missed the start of the season with injury but came back in fine form.

Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Turned in some great performances again but he does seem to be a little ijury prone...

Jean-Paul Granier (AML) – Arrived on a free last season and broke into the first team, displacing Barış Tan.

Nicky Woodford (ST) – Came back from injury with a bang and was our best player in the first 3 months of the season. Unfortunately, he picked up another serious injury in November and was out until April. Back to fitness now but has slipped down the pecking order.

Alexandre Tavares (ST) – In fantastic form all season, reflected by his goals and assists.

Alexandre Taveres’ goals saw him win the Top Goalscorer award, Foreign Player of the Year and Supporters’ Player of the Year. Kadir Alagöz won the Turkish Cup Best Player award and was named alongside Tavares in the Team of the Year.

I won the Manager of the Year title for the second year running and (do I really need to say it?) we were named Fair Play award winners for the 8th time in succession.

The Season Ahead…

I’ll be looking to get back on track in the Champions League next year. The Europa League run was great but progress in the big competition is needed, both for this challenge and to keep our club’s finances healthy. It would be nice to top the regular table as well as win the Championship Group this time!

The Story So Far…

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]  | [u]Division[/u]    | [u]Position[/u] | [u]Play-Offs[/u] | [u]Turkish Cup[/u] | [u]Europe[/u]       | [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL QFinal    | League Champions!
2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners

Gypsum - well done on the double promotion - a great season there. doing really well having those international players too. Unlucky with the chairman sale - always irritates me when the manager gets stick but hey ho!

DodgeeD - well done on another title - and the cups too! unlucky in the Europa League final - hopefully it has given your players a taste for major European finals and you get back there soon - if you fail in the Cl of course! good luck with your CL push next season.

Cheers rlipscombe :thup:

I was diasappointed to miss out on the Europas League because, if all goes to plan, I'll never get the chance to win it again! :p

Real Madrid, Marseille and FC Twente in my CL group this year - second is within our reach!

Doing quick updates here just to get up to speed. Went a long way ahead without updating. Three years of updates to come.

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2014/2015

Phase one, survival.

Cd_castelln_200px.png

League Table | Position Graph

Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2)

Finances | Confidence

Key Players

Nedum Onuoha | Hamed Al-Kubasi | Eddie Nixon

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7492464&viewfull=1#post7492464"]2012/13[/url]         Second Division B3    4th               Promoted - Playoffs 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2013/14[/url]         LIGA adelante         1st               Promoted - Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523288&viewfull=1#post7523288"]2014/15[/url]         LIGA BBVA             14th              Survived

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2015/16

A steady improvement.

Cd_castelln_200px.png

Finances | Confidence

Cup Fixtures | Copa Del Rey Final

Key Players

Pajtim Kasami | Nadjim Abdullah | Inigo Ruiz

Career Overview

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7492464&viewfull=1#post7492464"]2012/13[/url]         Second Division B3    4th               Promoted - Playoffs 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2013/14[/url]         LIGA adelante         1st               Promoted - Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2014/15[/url]         LIGA BBVA             14th              Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523332&viewfull=1#post7523332"]2015/16[/url]         LIGA BBVA             11th              Copa Del Rey Winners

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2016/17

One down, one to go.

Cd_castelln_200px.png

Finances | Confidence

The Europa League

Because of the fixture filter bug, I was unable to just get the fixtures, so I've just put the groups and final.

Europa League Groups | Europa League Final

Key Players

Ahmed Khalil | Rahmi Durmaz | Fabio Borini

Career Overview

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2014/15[/url]         LIGA BBVA             14th              Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523332&viewfull=1#post7523332"]2015/16[/url]         LIGA BBVA             11th              Copa Del Rey Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523371&viewfull=1#post7523371"]2016/17[/url]         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Europa League Winners

well done Swinburn. a couple of years of steady improvement and then a great step up in form to come 2nd and win the Europa League - especially at the first attempt. Durmaz looks a brute of a defender and Khalil looks like a whippet of a striker - so quick!. good luck next season gunning for the title and the CL...

well done Swinburn. a couple of years of steady improvement and then a great step up in form to come 2nd and win the Europa League - especially at the first attempt. Durmaz looks a brute of a defender and Khalil looks like a whippet of a striker - so quick!. good luck next season gunning for the title and the CL...

Cheers man. Durmaz is insane, well worth the money I paid for him. Khalil has been a revelation, and on top of his pace, he has a hell of a shot on him.

Good job Swinburn - it seems you have a knack for winning cup finals in the 91st minute! :)

Thanks! It makes a change from losing in the 91st minute like I was at FC United. The Europa League one was in extra time, however. Not the luckiest I've been though. See my Champions League win with Dromara Village for that.

Ooh! My central defender won't be popular with my 'keeper. That's three times now this season he's given away a penalty in injury time to lose the keeper his clean sheet bonus! He's saving me a few quid!

Well right now I am about to make the craziest move of my Parla career and hoping it doesn't backfire too much.

Miguel Herlein wouldn't accept a new contract worth 4k a week (Double the next highest wage), and then Ozlu wouldn't even talk contract, well I have got to December first and decided I am not going to manage to get them to stay at all so I am making a double sale worth almost 2.5M and hoping that their replacements manage to do the great job my current Captain & vice Captain have done, greatly disappointed to lose two of my teams stars, but I can't do much if they won't re-sign, reputation not improving is really hurting me.

It always hurts but sometimes it's just got to be done LLR.

Meanwhile in Portugal I've just been knocked out of the Champions League in the 1st Knockout Rd AGAIN!

I am still alive guys - I've just emerged on the other side of 7 exams in 3 weeks :(

Back to Novese :cool:

Welcome back Iacovone, Good luck as you head back to Novese, my busy period of work has about another 2 weeks to go, and then I should be able to settle into making Parla the biggest club in Spain.

PRDH, is a bit painful, in the end I have gained 2.5M, spent 120k on replacements, though Ozlu's replacements were already in the team as Martin Lopez gained Spanish citizenship and hence has joined the starting line-up in December, Perego is a starter & Bayraktar is not far off as well. Paulinho & Briand will start upfront and I have signed two younger (18 & 19) players to provide cover upfront.

I think I need to start hunting out 16-17 year olds world wide, because without a reserve squad some of my back-up players get crabby pretty quickly. Looking forward now though as by the next game neither Ozlu or Herlein will be in my squad.

Keçiorengücü 2023/24 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 1st

Turkish Cup: 5th Round

Super Cup: Winners!!

Champions League: Semi-finalists

Premier Division

Everything clicked domestically this season as we went through the regular season unbeaten. To make it even better, I was rotating a lot to keep my best players fresh for Europe and the big league games. With so many talented youngsters coming through, we seem to have the makings success for years to come.

Final Table

Championship Group

So, we walked the league and then we won the play-off group. Easy, right?

Wrong!

When the top 4 form the Championship Group, points are halved meaning our ten point lead over Fenerbahçe was cut to 5. After such a long unbeaten run, we lost to them in Istanbul and then turned in one of our worst performances under my management in the home game as we went 4 goals down inside the opening 20 minutes. Those two defeats meant we were actually a point behind going into the final game. Luckily, there was to one last twist as we bounced back from heavy defeat to take 3 points off Galatasaray and Beşiktaş did us a huge favour by beating Fenerbahçe allowing us to claim the title on the last day!

Final standings

Super Cup

A sign of things to come as we thrashed Beşiktaş 5-1 to retain the Super Cup.

Turkish Cup

Having got through the 4th round against 2nd division opposition, our cup defence was brought to an abrupt end in the 5th Round as we were eliminated on penalties by Kayserispor.

Champions League

Real Madrid were favourites to go through from our group meaning it was a battle between us, Marseille and FC Twente for second place. An away win over Marseille in the first game was a great start followed by victory over Twente. Two defeats at the hands of Madrid predictably followed but with our rivals beating each other, that meant a point at home to Marseille was enough to secure qualification with the last win over Twente the icing on the cake.

Final Table

Into the knockout rounds then and a chance to avenge last season’s Europa League final defeat against Juventus. A 2-0 win in the first leg set us up nicely for the return in Italy. Juve put three past us there but each time, Tavares equalised grabbing himself a hat-trick and putting us through 5-3 on aggregate. That set up a quarter-final tie with Liverpool. Tavares was the man again, scoring the only goal at Anfield as we pulled off a shock win. A tense end-to-end game at our place followed but we prevailed 3-2 on the night, 4-2 on aggregate to reach the semis. Alas, we would face Real Madrid once again. A 0-0 draw in Ankara was followed by a comprehensive 4-1 defeat in Madrid and the European dream was over.

Fixtures and results

More out than in as a few squad players were sold or released. The main departure was that of Fikret Akbulut, our second choice defensive midfielder. 10millionTL was good money for a reserve so off he went. One reason I was willing to let him go was the arrival of Oğuzhan Şahin, a player 6 years younger and with more potential. His performances in the run-outs he had showed that it was a good choice. The other two main arrivals were Marius Dragut, an 18 year-old Romanian midfielder, who excelled in his first year at the club, and Ariel Domini, also 18. Some questioned why an unproven Argentinian centre-back arrived as my most expensive signing ever but his performances answered that question.

Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Another fantastic season, solid at the back and always an aerial threat – he doesn’t even have to jump to head the ball most of the time!

Şahin Kaya (DM) – The lynch pin of the team, always turning defence into attack.

Erman Ergin (ST) – After a couple of quiet seasons in which I worried he had already reached his peak, our youth team graduate found his form again with plenty of goals and, just as importantly, assists for his strike partner Taveres.

Alexandre Tavares (ST) – In great form in the league and Europe once again with goals aplenty.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

Kaan Uygun had a good second season at the club providing much needed back up on the flanks, where we had on-going injury problems. With both first and second choice left wingers injured at one time, youth teamer Atahan Sen got an unexpected run in the first team and handled himself well enough to stay in the main squad.

Our league form led to a 1-2-3 of Keçiörengücü players in the Player of the Year award with Alexander Tavares claiming the honour ahead of Erman Ergin and Kadir Alagöz. Tavares and Alagöz duly took their place in the Team of the Year, although Ergin was for some reason overlooked. Tavares was once again the Top Goalscorer in the league with Ergin third. Alagöz was further honoured as the Young Player of the Year and the Supporters’ Player of the Year.

We were well represented at Euro 2024 with eight Keçiörengücü players making the Turkey squad and coming home as champions. Kadir Alagöz was named in the Euro Dream Team along with Akif Kilinç, our 19 year-old reserve right back who was surprisingly promoted to first choice after three other right backs got injured before or during the tournament.

I once again was named Manager of the Year and we yet again conned referees to such an extent that we were honoured with the Fair Play award.

The Season Ahead…

We move into our new stadium in the summer. Alas, that only means an extra 3,000 seats but it should increase our matchday revenue a little. Again, I will be looking for domestic success and a good run in the Champions League while trying to prevent teams around Europe from poaching my best players.

The Story So Far…

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]  | [u]Division[/u]    | [u]Position[/u] | [u]Play-Offs[/u] | [u]Turkish Cup[/u] | [u]Europe[/u]       | [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners

DodgeeD - edging closer to completion mate. think we'll soon have another completion on our hands...

iacovone - welcome back!! looking forward to seeing some real progress for Novese soon.

LLR - feel your pain but you have done the right thing for sure. that is big money and can't really afford to lose them for nothing. may mean taking one step back but i am sure it'll be two steps forward soon....

Cheers rlipscombe : thup: I hope you are right! :)

I had a couple of interesi,ng news items over the summer.

First of all, we moved to our new 8,450 capacity stadium but the board immediately approved an expansion of a further 3,000 seats to be added at the end of this season. Still not much but a move in the right direction.

Also, it seems my players are now the hottest property in Europe! I received several bids for Domini and Carlos Silva - the higher ones amounting to 30 million TL (about 11million pounds). Then, on deadline day, Liverpool bid 78million TL (about 30million pounds) for Tavares, activating his 'foriegn clubs' minimum release clause...

To be surprise and delight, he rejected them and stayed with us! He was promptly rewarded with a new contract ;) (the foreign clubs release clause is till there but it is now set at 110million TL or 40 million pounds)

Great news DodgeeD! It's great when things work out like that!
It is, isn't it? :) I went mental when I saw the message, especially as it was deadline day and getting a replacement in would have been near impossible. I couldn't believe it when he turned them down - and it's great that he did as he has 16 goals in 10 games so far :thup:

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2025/26

Finances

Key figure - £21,461,576 | Summary

Nice solid profit this season coming from a combination of player sales and prize/TV money. We are in a solid position and it should only improve further as facilities are improved and we get further in the Champions League.

Club News

1/ Board agreed to improve the youth facilities again.

2/ Junior coaching developed.

3/ In theory we move into our new stadium on July 1st. I don't think it'll happen, as it won't be done until February apparently.

Transfers | 8 in (£4.7m) and 11 out (£13.75m)

A few well known faces left this season. Jorge Muñoz, Philippe Derrien and Julian Garcia all left for pastures new while there was also a few exits of back up players.

League | Predicted 2nd

Table | Graph

We were in no way as dominant as last season, we lost and drew more games and looked under pressure against more of the league. Whether this is a sign of improvement within the league, or just of a lack of form isn't clear, but I would tend to favour the latter.

We took a while getting into the season and had some catching up to do. Fortunately the rest of the league were taking points off each other as well so we got back to the top.

Once there we settled in again and won enough games to maintain the top spot part from a few weeks when we had a game in hand. All culminating in out fourth consecutive (and fifth overall) championship and a place in the Champions League group again as we strive for the final part of the jigsaw.

Cups

Supertaça | Beaten Finalists

A last minute goal from Chrysanthou took us to penalties but we lost out there.

Taça de Portugal | Beaten Finalists

A loss to Leiria. It's tempting to blame the number of key players on international duty but realistically we should still have been good enough. We weren't and the 2-1 defeat kept us from this piece of silverware.

League Cup | 3rd Rd Group Stage

The youngsters got a chance in this competition and they did well, but not quite well enough. Falling once again in the group stage. The board no longer care. So this is definitely a chance for youth now.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Escaped the group again, with solid performances against everyone. The one blip was a poor performance against Liverpool which saw us qualify second behind Marseille.

Knockout Stages | Exit

Our progress saw us drawn against Atletico Madrid. A team I thought I might actually stand a chance against. We 1-0 back on out island but then went away and lost 3-0 in Spain. The final goal coming when we were chasing a game-changing away goal. We didn't deserve it though.

Overall I was disappointed. I think we need to break through this barrier.

Squad | Overview

Keepers | This part of the squad was streamlined and became a bit thin. We were left with an outright number 1 and a promising youngster and nothing else. Injuries were kind and we weren't left to regret it.

Salvador Soto - 47 apps, 42 conc, 21 cln, 2 MoMs - Another season as number 1. Another season of improvement and good performances and, I fear, another season closer to him leaving us.

Ales Svoboda - 2(1) apps, 3 conc, 1 cln - The aforementioned youngster. I think he's got a bright future in the game but he needs time to grow. For now he's a competent number 2 and number 1 in the making.

Defenders | Very strong first team, though with a reduced depth this year.

Karel Dragoun - 2(2) apps, 0 gls, 2 asts - Back up. He gets on and does a decent job when called upon.

Stijn Hermans - 16(5) apps, 4 gls, 0 asts, 1 MoM - A back up/rotation option this year. He still looks to have a big future but he's behind two world class players at the moment.

Sébastien Gautier - 46(1) apps, 5 gls, 3 asts, 3 MoMs - The youngster is a fabulous defender. He has everything - pace, power and skill. A huge part of the team.

Meraneh Descazals - 35(2) apps, 9 gls, 3 asts, 5 MoMs - The Djiboutian is surely the best defender in the world. The vultures are circling but he's not shown any desire to leave yet.

Mathieu Favreau - 47 apps, 0 gls, 6 asts, 2 MoMs - One I might look to replace over the summer. He's a solid player but I don't think he's got the skill to be part of a Champions League push.

Ange Diaby - 8(4) apps, 0 gls, 1 asts - Happy and settled as back up to Osses. I'm perfectly happy with him as my reserve left back, but if he wanted to leave I'd let him.

Christian Osses - 41 apps, 1 gl, 4 asts, 2 MoMs - This full back I think is definitely good enough for the next step.

Midfielders | Some true class and depth here in some positions.

Germán Muñoz Urrea - 3(1) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Dragged from my U-19 squad at the start of the season to cover for Madsen after the long-serving Derrien left the club. Didn't play a great deal, but was reasonable when needed. He's by no means guaranteed to be here next season.

Christian Madsen - 42 apps, 6 gls, 8 asts, 3 MoMs - Grew into his role this year after settling in last season. He doesn't score often but had one real purple patch where he scored a screamer in three consecutive games.

Vadym Gai - 18(9) apps, 5 gls, 9 asts, 2 MoMs - Settled in behind Santos on the right wing this year. It is a rotation policy here with each of them capable of performing.

Joffrey Fontaine - 42 apps, 6 gls, 23 asts, 4 MoMs - Spectacularly classy winger. Bags of assists. He occasionally goes missing in games, but the quality of his delivery is vital.

Stefan Fink - 6(13) apps, 0 gls, 2 asts - Brought in as back up at the start of the season, has improved well and is a very capable deputy to Fontaine.

Andreas Jensen - 29(4) apps, 6 gls, 10 asts, 1 MoM - True class in the heart of midfield. Played less regularly than he has done as this was a position I rotated fairly freely as I looked to give all three options a chance to shine.

Walter Zangger - 9(10) apps, 3 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - The second choice creative pulse of the team. He is very solid, doesn't let me down when rotated.

Héctor Partida - 10(13) apps, 3 gls, 3 asts - Very excited about this young Mexican. He has great potential and had some storming performances among his appearances as he settled this year.

Santos - 32(5) apps, 10 gls, 8 asts, 3 MoMs - Definitely a scorer of great goals. He won goal of the season for a jinking run and finish. He is another who drifts out of games occasionally but he does also dominate teams sometimes.

Florent Marti - 1(5) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Stalled a bit this season, still only 18 but must be looking for a breakthrough soon, or he may be let go.

Forwards | A nice range of specialities here. Possibly needs strengthening at some point, but there is a lot of potential here too.

Ivan Poljak - 33(2) apps, 16 gls, 7 asts, 2 MoMs - Still the go to guy for big games. He feels like part of the furniture now, but is still 27 and has a good few years at the club.

Labros Pavlou - 23(9) apps, 15 gls, 4 asts, 3 MoMs - Needed an impressive season to confirm his potential and had one. He played more games than he has in the past due to his compatriot, Chrysanthou, having a few injury problems. Performed well, scored some very important goals in some big games. Is he Champions League class? I'm not sure.

Allan Tranberg - 13(12) apps, 1 gl, 7 asts, 1 MoM - Continuing to develop behind Poljak, hasn't scored as many as he'd like so far, but has had a hand to play in plenty of goals. Certainly one with a bright future.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - 26(2) apps, 18 gls, 3 asts, 4 MoMs - Had problems staying fit this season, but when on the pitch he was still our primary goal threat. He is now holds the record for most league goals and appearances.

Ruslan Perepelytsya - 0(4) apps, 1 gl, 0 asts - Young striker drafted in this year, looks promising, got a chance in the League Cup.

Ivica Martinac - 0(1) app, 0 gls, o asts - Very young striker. Looks like one with a bright future, probably won't see him feature regularly for three or four years though.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ Reach the Champion's League Quarter Final. No

2/ Retain place in top two. Actually, who am I kidding, at this stage I really should keep winning the league. Yes

3/ Win back my various Portuguese cups. No

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Reach the Champion's League Quarter Final.

2/ Retain Premier League

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
2022/23		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2023/24		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2024/25		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2025/26		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24

24/25

The new chairman has graciously decided to let me keep my job due to public support. Now for the title chase... two games to go and i'm two points behind 1st placed St Mirren. Don't really fancy my chances, but you never know!

A good response from my team saw us win 4-1, but with St Mirren winning two we're still 2 points behind with just 1 game left. We have a big goal difference advantage though.

Thanks DodgeeD, I hope you're right. I'm a little worried I'm being too loyal to my players, not replacing players who are good domestically in Portugal, but not good enough for competing with the top teams.

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Gypsum's Annan athletic - End of season update

Scottish first division - 2034/35 (Season 4)

Gypsum Fantastic: Manager profile / Information

League position: 1st place / Position chart

Media prediction: 9th

The tone for the season was set early on, as St Mirren took an immediate lead and we were the only side taking up the chase. Around half way through the season we finally managed to take first place, but only ever by goal difference. And that tight battle continued up until the final game, where we were two points behind St Mirren with a superior goal difference, and we needed relegation battling Inverness Caledonian Thistle to get at least a draw, while we had to beat Dundee.

Things didn't start well for us in Dundee, as we conceded a penalty after just 11 minutes... which was heroically saved by our keeper Davidson. To the disappointment of the Annan fans, St Mirren took the lead against ICT after 38 minutes, and despite us taking a 2-0 lead by the 49th minute, St Mirren looked set to take the title. That was until we got some brief hope, and ICT equaliser on 81 minutes, which was cancelled out as St Mirren retook their lead on 88 minutes.

Then just as we had all but given up hope, ICT striker Neil Challinor broke through to the edge of the St Mirren box in the 94th minute and slotted home a classy finish to end the match 2-2, and hand Annan the Scottish first division championship and SPL promotion!

(Final day 'latest scores')

Transfers - The big news here was clearly my former Chairman's £220k sale of star player Simon Christie to SPL Kilmarnock, which boosted our already respectable bank balance. Thanks to an expanded scouting range which included France, Holland, Spain and Australia, we managed to attract a range of foreign players to Annan.

Finances - Our coffers were boosted early by the £220k sale of Simon Christie which just complimented our financial stability. But late in the season the club was subject to a takeover by a consortium, headed by Ryan MacDonald. The new board instantly put £400k into the club's bank account, but left me with the threat of managerial replacement. Fortunately, due to my recent success I was kept on, and will hopefully stick around to see us move into our newly announced, £9.5m, 12,265 capacity Annan stadium.

Squad

Star players:

Pat McDermott - ST - Our top scorer last season managed to improve this term, bagging 30 goals and forcing his way into the Irish national squad, earning 3 caps. One of my few players who should be capable of playing at SPL level.

Carl O'Gorman - ST - After spending much of last season on the substitute's bench, the Welsh striker broke into the first team in style. With 21 goals and 18 assists Carl forced his way into his national squad, winning two caps and scoring two goals.

Ian McCall - DC - The towering English centre-back was snapped up on a free transfer in november after leaving Portsmouth, where he had made over a hundred league appearances at League one and two level. His aerial prowess helped him bag 6 goals, and earn a very respectable 7.27 average rating as part of the league's best defence.

Stathis Chorianopoulos - DR - Another impressive season from the Greek international. A player clearly talented enough to play at the top level of Scottish football.

Year            Division                 Position                 Other achivements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7487877&viewfull=1#post7487877"]2031/32[/url]         Third division             2nd                    Playoff finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7509111&viewfull=1#post7509111"]2032/33[/url]         Third division             1st                    Scottish cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7521078&viewfull=1#post7521078"]2033/34[/url]         Second division            1st     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7532942&viewfull=1#post7532942"]2034/35[/url]         First division             1st

Dramatic stuff Gypsum!! You should sign Chaillnor and give him a big contract as a reward :)

Best of luck in the SPL :thup:

Thanks. ICT actually released him on a free, so i've offered him a trial until the start of the season to make sure he stays fit and finds a new club!

Well, I'll be surprised if I even get out of my CL Group this year. I'm still seeded third so have ended up with Man Utd, Roma an Zurich. I should beat Zurich but Roma and Utd are going to be very tough.

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2017/18

Status quo destroyed.

Cd_castelln_200px.png

Finances | Confidence

Copa Del Rey Fixtures | European Super Cup

Could really say much more about this season than it was fantastic. Just three losses all season, with a 22 match unbeaten run. I spent a lot of money this season, although a few of the transfers included monthly payments, specifically 30m Eto'o (who has been entirely worth it). We won the European Super Cup, which was a good start, and the rest followed from that. All in all, a great season, and that's without the Champions League happenings.

The Champions League

Champions League Groups | Champions League Fixtures

In our first Champions League campaign, we started with an unbeaten group stage in which we finished 1st. Not a bad start. The only worrying part was not being able to win away in it. This trend continued on through the stages, knocking Roma and Lyon out in the home games, after drawing the away legs. We reached the semi final, before just getting knocked out by Real Madrid, of all teams. Semi finals in the first Champions League campaign is nothing to grumble about though.

Key Players

Constant Eto'o | Alberto Ferraro | Serigne Diop

These three were so good that they kept out top scorer out of the key players section. Constant was constantly good and constantly scoring constantly good goals. But for 30m, you'd hope he would. Alberto Ferraro was a fantastic signing. He played on the left wing for most of the season and ripped teams apart. Great player. But none of it would have been possible without Serigne Diop. At the back, he was an absolute rock, saving our skin on so many occasions. If anyone wants him, they're going to have to pay a lot of money.

Career Overview

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523371&viewfull=1#post7523371"]2016/17[/url]         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Europa League Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7536008&viewfull=1#post7536008"]2017/18[/url]         LIGA BBVA             1st               League Winners, Copa Del Rey Winners, European Super Cup Winners

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Mid-Season 2017/18

Liga Adelante

February 4th Update

Liga Adelante

Well a terrible start saw some serious changes in the squad, we had a few results turning it around, but we also had some terrible results putting us back down again. Losing 5:1 to Xerez (20th) has to rate as one of the worst, but we have managed to make a bit of a climb up to actually be in contention for the playoffs anyway. Sitting in 6th place at the halfway stage is satisfactory, but we need to pick up the form a bit from here.

My Stars of the Half: Def: Andre Perego, Mid: Ercan Yildrim, Att: Erwan Briand

My Youth so far: Roberto Delgado (MC)

Good Results: vs Valladolid 4:0, vs Levante 4:0

Bad Results: at Xerez 1:5, at Barca "B" 2:5

The Table

Championship
| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Cartagena      |       | 22    | 14    | 5     | 3     | 46    | 20    | +26   | 47    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Our Battle
| 4th   |       | Villarreal "B" |       | 22    | 10    | 7     | 5     | 37    | 25    | +12   | 37    | 
| 5th   |       | Zaragoza       |       | 22    | 10    | 4     | 8     | 38    | 26    | +12   | 34    | 
[color=#0000CD][b]| 6th   |       | Parla          |       | 22    | 11    | 1     | 10    | 49    | 46    | +3    | 34    | [/b][/color]
| 7th   |       | Tenerife       |       | 22    | 10    | 4     | 8     | 30    | 24    | +6    | 34    | 
| 8th   |       | Numancia       |       | 22    | 9     | 5     | 8     | 37    | 31    | +6    | 32    | 
| 9th   |       | Atlético"B"    |       | 22    | 7     | 10    | 5     | 37    | 33    | +4    | 31    | 
| 10th  |       | Levante        |       | 22    | 8     | 7     | 7     | 29    | 27    | +2    | 31    | 
| 11th  |       | Guadalajara    |       | 22    | 9     | 4     | 9     | 27    | 28    | -1    | 31    | 
| 12th  |       | Castilla       |       | 22    | 9     | 3     | 10    | 37    | 45    | -8    | 30    | 
| 13th  |       | Valladolid     |       | 22    | 8     | 6     | 8     | 25    | 27    | -2    | 30    | 
| 14th  |       | Barcelona"B"   |       | 22    | 7     | 9     | 6     | 36    | 33    | +3    | 30    | 
| 15th  |       | Leganés        |       | 22    | 8     | 5     | 9     | 35    | 38    | -3    | 29    | 
| 16th  |       | Real Oviedo    |       | 22    | 8     | 4     | 10    | 34    | 43    | -9    | 28    | 
Relegation Spots
| 19th  |       | Celta          |       | 22    | 6     | 5     | 11    | 26    | 37    | -11   | 23    | 

Spanish Cup

2nd Round: at Cartagena 3:1

3rd Round: at Cordoba 1:2

Well we made the third round again, but this time it just wasn't meant to be, we have ended up knocked out again, though this time around I used my youngsters and back-ups in the games which will probably be the plan for now to keep my top side fit for the title hunt.

The Transfers

In Brief(Since Sept 1st)

In: 14 Players (€350k)

Out: 4 Players (€2.32M)

Loans: 0 Players (€0)

Wages Total: €43,339 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €48,501 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €434k

I have managed to almost double the clubs wages in a season, and also managed to bring in a huge number of players this season as cover and also to add some depth and young possible stars that may end up getting time in replacement of the stars I have had to sell. I do now have three solid options for most slots in the team, and a few extras as well. I will be trying to get most game time between now and the end of the season while also trying to figure out my best line-up.

New Signings

First Team

Tobias Wagner (DL,Free) - The young German came in to replace Rebocho as DL cover, looks like a future superstar.

Ercan Yildrim (MC,Free) - When I saw this guy come through my scouting network it was a no brainer, straight into the side and star of the half.

Timothe Douay (MC,Free) - Not quite as good as Yildrim, but further cover for the midfield.

Alexandr Potapov (ST,Free) - The Russian was brought in when I knew Herlein wouldn't be signing a new contract, will provide cover.

Vladimir Jicul (ST,120k) - Another Eastern European brought in as cover for my strikers after Herlein left.

Wojciech Kowalczyk (MR,120k) - I signed the Pole as cover for the right wing, Begona had been poor, this youngster will cover.

Ferhat Ozlenir (DLC,Free) - More cover for Left back, not really a problem area, but this guy could be a star.

Lukasz Kaminski (GK,110k) - I was worried about Ravasi's performance at the back so I bought in a new keeper as well.

Vangelis Arvanitis (AMC,Free) - Looks like he could make a difference right away, but who knows where I should fit him in.

Phillipp Thiel (DC,Free) - Seems to be a possible future replacement for Ozlu, but has a lot of development ahead of him before he actually reaches those heights.

Gunter Hoffmann (MC,Free) - I can never have enough central midfield prospects, Hoffmann is another one expected to do well at BBVA level, looking forward to seeing him in action.

Tayfun Sen (ML,Free) - A young Turk who can cover for Cris during his 3 game suspension, and into the future.

Ugur Dogan (DRC/MRC) - Every team needs a utility and this guy fills several positions as well as looking like a star for the future at Right Back.

Youth

Nicolai Madsen (ST,Free) - A youngster who looks to be a future star, lets see what he can do.

Future Transfers

None

Transfers Out

First Team

Pedro Rebocho--> 20k

Miguel Herlein --> 1.3M

Kivanc Ozlu --> 1M

Loans

None

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the Liga Adelante for the rest of this season:

GK: Kaminski

DR: Varela, DC: Perego & Lopez, DL: Ricardo

MR: Lopez, MC: Delgado, Yildrim ML: Cris

ST: Paulinho & Briand

Other News

Martin Lopez finally became a Spanish Citizen on September 20th (Yes 20 days late), and hence only played in cup games through until January when he got added to the squad, Pablo Sanchez Varela made the commitment to Spain on November 7th, meaning he also was no longer considered foreign. Ricardo made the Spanish U21s, just to one-up the efforts of Delgado. The World Cup Groups were drawn (One, Two, Three), with an interesting group A seeing Russia (hosts) drawn with New Zealand, Australia & Wales. Seems someone is going to get an easy trip out of their group here.

Archived