League Table

Graph

Player Stats

Cup Fixtures

Russian Cup Final

Champions League Group

Champions League Fixtures

Champions League Final

Season start with the Super Cup match where we managed to overcome the setback of the early

In the league it was left untill the last game untill we took the league for the 3rd time. Mainly down to the great run in the second part after winter break with all wins bar a draw which help us climb back up after a bit of bad form in the middle of the season. Another win in the cup which had more drawn out games with pens and extra times. Final was a bit more straight foward.

Another tough group in the Champions League and it didn't start well with draws vs Olympiakos and Sevilla which I felt we could of got more out of. A good performance in the 4-2 loss to Inter showed some promise dispite the lose and didn't we turn it around in the 2nd games with convincing wins. Besiktas was quite a easy task and a big shock was how Real seem to just fold dispite have a very good side. Milan was a tight affair but our away win was vital. 3 early goals for Barca made me dread what was going to be the final score but they seem to think it was over but we never gived in and dominated and deserved the victory

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Facilities

Club Info

Key Players

Valeriy Babenko

Jones

Vadim Frolov

[b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

Season      Team        League                          League Finish    Achievements                            
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     FC Chita    Russian First Division           1st             League Champions
2013/14     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         5th             Euro Cup Qualifiers and Russian Cup Runner-Ups
2014/15     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         7th             
2015/16     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         1st             League and Cup Champions.
2016/17     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         1st             League and Cup Champions. Super Cup Champions
2017/18     FC Chita    Russian Premier Division         1st             League and Cup Champions. Super Cup Champions. Champions Cup Champions
                                                         Challenge Complete

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vikeologist’s 2021/2022 End of Season Report

Lodoftheshire.png

1559.png

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Achievements
2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None
2015/16            Sc Div 1          2nd           CC & SC Winners, LC R/U   EC 3Q      Manager of the Year
2016/17            Sc Div 1          1st           Challenge Cup Winners     EC 4Q      Manager of the Year
2017/18            Sc Prem           5th           LC Final                  qual       None
2018/19            Sc Prem           7th           LC Winners                EC R2      Manager of the Year 
2019/20            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners, LC R/U        n/a        Manager of the Year
2020/21            Sc Prem           1st           SC & LC Winners           EC Winners Manager of the Year
2021/22            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners                cc Q/F     Manager of the Year[/color][/font]

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Not much to say about the season. It was a bit horse horse tiger tiger (馬馬虎虎), or so-so. We did the league Cup double for the third year in a row. The lague table looks a bit closer than it was, because we lost the last four games of the season (resting lots of players for the cup final because we'd already won the league). In reality it was comfortabkle, but we weren't as good as last year. We lost some key players who had minimum release fees in their contract, and I wasn't able to immediately replacce them.

In the Champions League, we once again drew Lyon and AC Milan, but this time we won the group. We thrashed Valencia in Spain in the first leg of the 1st round. Then in scotland they went 3-0 up, which caused a little bit of stress since I was playin my reserves, but we pulled a couple opf goals back. In the quarters we met Inter ad had a couple of dodgy decisions go against us, but we were outclassed both legs and went out.

Anyway, now we have moved into our new 20k capacity stadium in Stenhousemuir, (so the club isn't moving back to Falkirk which put pay to my 'Return of the King' LOTR motif that I'd been planning for seasons).

One winge. The reputation of the league is going down. Why? The teams that overtook us had lower UEFA coeficients last season. What is the dynamic league reputation based on if not performance in Europe? If it's the national team that still doesn't make sense, because Scotland qualified for the World Cup (where they're currently doing very well having won the first 2 group matches).

Anyway, we'll have a wee bit more money now (not that money is theproblem once you're in the group stages every year). I just need to be able to attract a couple of new players to fill in gaps in quality.

Thanks for all the encourgement and congratulations throughout my attempt at the challenge.

Plan to try and tie up my Razor's attempt before moving on to Gundo's where I'll likely be in Holland or Denmark and maybe have rancer's on going at same time or after it where likely be in China. Fancy returning to be in France, Spain or Italy with Italy tempting atm but also would like to try Brazil in Razor's. So plenty to keep me occupied untill FM13 or later.

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Mid-Season 2016/17

Liga Adelante

February 1st Update

Liga Adelante

Well a pretty good season so far, though a bit nuts as we went 8-1-1 through our first ten games, then we lost 2 league games, and then drew the next 5. Really confusing, we have won 2 of the last five games, but it has been a really up and down season after a great start where we were once leading the league and now are working on getting our way back into contention.

My Stars of the Half: Def: Pablo Sanchez Varela, Mid: Roberto Delgado, Att: Miguel Herlein

My Youth so far: Roberto Delgado (MC)

Good Results: vs Zaragoza 4:0, vs Salamanca 4:0, vs Celta 4:0

Bad Results: at Tenerife 3:4, at Zamora 1:4, at Cartagena 3:4

The Table

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Cartagena    |       | 22    | 13    | 5     | 4     | 43    | 26    | +17   | 44    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Sporting     |       | 22    | 12    | 7     | 3     | 41    | 16    | +25   | 43    | 
| 3rd   |       | Valladolid   |       | 22    | 11    | 5     | 6     | 36    | 25    | +11   | 38    | 
| 4th   |       | Salamanca    |       | 22    | 11    | 4     | 7     | 38    | 35    | +3    | 37    | 
[color=#0000cd][b]| 5th   |       | Parla        |       | 22    | 10    | 6     | 6     | 52    | 34    | +18   | 36    | [/b][/color]
| 6th   |       | Deportivo    |       | 22    | 10    | 5     | 7     | 30    | 27    | +3    | 35    | 
| 7th   |       | Zaragoza     |       | 22    | 9     | 7     | 6     | 36    | 34    | +2    | 34    | 
| 8th   |       | Atlético"B"  |       | 22    | 10    | 3     | 9     | 45    | 32    | +13   | 33    | 
| 9th   |       | Tenerife     |       | 22    | 9     | 6     | 7     | 30    | 25    | +5    | 33    | 
| 10th  |       | Córdoba      |       | 22    | 9     | 6     | 7     | 37    | 36    | +1    | 33    | 
| 11th  |       | Xerez        |       | 22    | 10    | 3     | 9     | 39    | 31    | +8    | 33    | 

Relegation Spots
| 19th  |       | Barcelona"B" |       | 22    | 7     | 1     | 14    | 22    | 41    | -19   | 22    | 

Spanish Cup

2nd Round: vs Castellon 4:2

3rd Round: vs Zaragoza 4:2

For the first time we managed to make it past the 2nd round, and to then defeat Zaragoza as well before making it into a huge 4th round match against Villareal over 2 legs. Herlein got a Hattrick in the first match, and Briand scored all 4 in the second.

4th Round

1st Leg: vs Villareal 0:1

2nd Leg: at Villareal 4:5

Well I never expected to get close to them and after losing 1:0 at home I figured we would get thoroughly beaten away, but there was no reason to not attack from the first whistle and we managed to put 4 goals past them, but they managed to get 5 past us...

The Transfers

In Brief[/url](Since Sept 1st)

In: 5 Players (€0)

Out: 2 Players (€165k)

Loans: 3 Players (€0)

Wages Total: €25,178 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €27,240 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €0

New Signings

First Team

Marco (GK) - Signed as cover when Cappellari went down injured.

(MR) - A slight improvement in my back-up for the right wing slot.

(DC) - A signing to replace Lopez as EU based needed after loss of Kuru.

(MLC) - Young Brazilian signed to run the left flank.

(MRC) - An excellent prospect for the future and I am looking to train him as Delgado's cover.

Youth

None

Future Transfers

Simone Ravasi (GK) - Is off contract at Atalanta and will be joining the club in July, the Italian is a possible Superstar. He has the potential to be good at Liga BBVA level which is what I need, and given the inconsistency of my two current GKs he could slot straight into the team.

Ricardo (DL) - He is off contract at Real Madrid in July and looks to be a possible solution to my current left back woes as well as having the potential to be useful for my side in the top level as well. Also is homegrown in Spain which is always beneficial.

Transfers Out

First Team

Taygun Kuru (€80k)

Andre Gomes (€85k)

Loans

Juan Carlos      --> Alcobendas Sport [Feeder]Patryk Sliwinski --> Alcobendas Sport [Feeder]
Patxi Bengoetxea --> Barakaldo

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the Liga Adelante for the rest of this season:

GK: Cappellari

DR: Varela, DC: Perego & Ozlu, DL: Ivanic

DM: Guillou

MR: Lopez, MC: Delgado, ML: Cris

ST: Herlein & Briand

Other News

Delgado was called up for the Spanish U19s, this was to me a sign that I may have my first ever youth product that makes it to an international side. Delgado actually looks pretty good.

Congrats WelshWizard, delighted to see the first completion of Russia in the Big Euro thread, good luck wherever else you decide to head to now.

Vikeologist - Wow that is just soo close, looks like you will get to the Champions League victory eventually just building slowly, good luck in your new season.

How am I still seeded 4th for the Group Stage?!

Edit - el sid - I'm not! I have a horrible feeling some of my strongest players will start looking to leave at the end of this season I've just started, and I'll have to have a bit of a rebuild.

Gypsum - from my point of view, i think you would be fine starting the challenge in 2027 keeping in with the rules of the challenge. i am sure LLR will confirm one way or another but i don't have any problems. i am assuming you can cancel the english league once you start a new league? not tried myself...

Yeah, I haven't had much of a play with the add/remove leagues thing but I assume it can be done.

Hey Gypsum, I think that is fine, given that you follow the rules by removing the English league and then holiday a season in your nation of choice.

Excellent, thanks. Just got to choose a league now and get holidaying!

Teramostemma.png

S.S.D Teramo Calcio

Game setup 1 | Game setup 2

Manager info | Manager profile | Start of season expecations

Club Overview | Club Information

Società Sportiva Dilettantistica Teramo Calcio is an Italian association football club, based in Teramo, Abruzzo. It is currently in the season 2011–12 playing in Serie D, the fourth division of Italian football. The team's colors are red and white.

After several seasons in Serie C1, the team had a difficult 2006–07 season, finishing 15th, a position that forced them to play in the relegation playoffs. The team lost 4–2 on aggregate to the 16th-place team, Ancona, and was thus relegated to Serie C2. In the 2007–08 season, the team finished 8th in Serie C2/B, but was forced to declare bankruptcy at the end of the championship. The team was refounded for the 2008–09 season, and won the league of Promozione Abruzzo A, the seventh level of Italian football. The following year Teramo also won the Eccellenza Abruzzo, obtaining promotion to Serie D where it plays from the 2010-11 season.

Taken from wikipedia

Welcome aboard Kemmo. Looks like a nice little team you've got there - 13000 stadium and 11000 on wages are both better than my lot who are mid table in Serie B! Good luck in Italy, it's a great country to do the challenge in. Watch out for C1 though, can be a nightmare to get out of.

Welcome aboard Gypsum and Kemmo.

Interested to see you starting again that much in the future Gypsum. I might be tempted to do something similar (move leagues, but keep the same universe if (hopefully when) I complete.

Nice looking team you've got their Kemmo. 13,000 is a good sized stadium (holds 3,000 more than my top of the league Portuguese side!) and that's a very decent wage budget to set about your rise through the leagues.

Good luck boys!

Welcome aboard Gypsum and Kemmo.

Interested to see you starting again that much in the future Gypsum. I might be tempted to do something similar (move leagues, but keep the same universe if (hopefully when) I complete.

Yeah, it does seem a shame to lose the game world i've spent so much time in and it should be fun seeing how the world continues far into the future. Not sure what problems I may encounter though, such as not having the nations full database loaded and finding a team which qualifies for the challenge, but we'll see!

I've decided to go for Portugal, but i've got to holiday for more than a year so i've got to wait for a bit!

Gypsum & Kemmo - welcome to you both. Kemmo you have a solid little team there. hopefully the wage budget helps you make a bright start to the challenge.

PRDH - well done on winning the title last season - good luck for better progress in the CL this season - though a 4th seeding is tough!

Welsh Wizard - well done on completion. forgot to mention that last night. good luck in your future games.

LLR - good luck in the run-in. looks like you are in a decent position there for a promotion push. good luck.

It seems that when I get to the start of a new season, I can't select the newly promoted teams to manage. They're just greyed out in the 'Choose a team to manage' screen and I can't even apply for the job. Any ideas?

If I can't do it for whatever reason, i'll just switch over and try Scotland.

It seems the teams who have never played in the upper leagues before are unselectable. But they can be chosen after they've spent a season in the playable leagues. Oh well, i'll just settle for starting a new game I think.

That seems to be a bug to me, do you think you could post it in the Bugs Forum and see what they say, because that ruins my plan if I ever complete which was to add Portugal and go try for two completions on one save game...

Seregno.gif

Stuart Brawls, Seregno 2019-20, Season 8, Serie A

Squad | Transfers | Finances | Reputation | Financial Ranking | Fans Player Of the Year

Targets

The targets i had for the season was to obtain a top 4 finish in the league and qualify for the champions league after finishing last season in 7th and only 3 points off 4th place.

I also wanted to continue to defend the Italian Cup which we had won for the past 2 seasons and were helped this season in that we went straight into the 1st round meaning we would only have to play in a maximum of 4 rounds (5 games).

The Europa League saw us knocked out in the Semi-Final last year to eventual winners Real Madrid and i wanted to do as well if not go all the way this year.

Super Cup

We started off the season in the Italian Super Cup against league winners Napoli. We played very well against them and took an early lead before Napoli found their feet and eventually we lost 3-2. The match showed we had improved as a team and i was therefore hopeful of achieving our targets going into the new seaon.

Italian Cup

Fixtures

After being entered into the 1st Round we were drawn at home against Serie B side Cesena. I rested several of my key players and we eventually ran out 1-0 winners after a goal from Habib Garba but it was a nervy finish as youngster Daouda Kone was sent off after 72 mins.

The Quarter Final was away at Roma. With Roma going down to 10 men after only 5 mins we were in a good position and took advantage with goals from Longo and Paulao to win the tie 2-0.

The 2 legged Semi-Final was against last years league winners Napoli. We dominated the 1st Home leg and goals from Colic, Garba and De Bruin gave us a convincing 3-0 win and put us a strong position. For the 2nd Away leg i took the decision to rest my key players and despite this we were excellent in the 1st half as we scored twice through Werdens and Neagu to put us 5-0 up on aggregate at half time. I then brought on a couple of subs and Napoli came back into the game getting 2 back to finish the match 2-2 on the night but 5-2 on aggregate.

The Final was against Juventus (who were also challenging for the league title and in the Europa League) and they decided to rest several key players for the final including this goal scoring machine, Marnix Isa. Despite not having the possesion we usually achieve (maybe we were missing the injured Paulao in this regards) we were still able to create chances and b

y did we take those chances as we amazingly ran out 6-2 winners to win the Italian Cup for the 3rd year in a row.

League

We got off to a great start to the league as we quickly hit the top of the table and looked unstoppable for a while. A few injuries during the christmas break including a 3-4 week layoff for Paulao meant we struggled in January as it was without the tough games we had scheduled as well. This saw us suffer our 1st league defeat of the season in January to Juventus.

At one point we had a 9 point lead over Napoli but as we continued to struggle by not winning in 4 straight matches we eventually fell to second in the table. This loss of the top spot coupled with the return of Paulao resulted in a thrilling next match as we won at home agianst Fiorentina 6-3, including a Paulao Hat-Trick. We then continued with our excellent form scoring lots and being good defensively. We then struggled to score (thankfully though we maintained our excellent defensive record) during March and the start of April as we had many fixtures which was maybe caused by myself rotating the players a bit too much and the same 11 not playing 2 games in a row for a while.

As the fixture congestion calmed down and we played the same 11 our attacking form picked up again for the run in. In the end it came down to us, Napoli and a ressurgent Juventus side. With 2 games to go we were 2 points ahead of Juventus and it was them that we then played in the most important game of the season which happily it was at the Seregno stadium. This match was 3 days after the Italian Cup Final and Juventus were back to full strength knowing they had to win. I had taken the decision to move our top scorer, Samir Colic, into midfield to replace , the injured and irreplaceable Paulao and play our young strikers Werdens and Adani. This worked a treat in the first half as Colic got an assist and both of my young strikers scored to put us 2-0 up at half time. A ressurgent Juventus side came out in the second half and they quickly pulled 1 goal back. We were able to keep the scoreline at 2-1 which was what we needed and in the 92nd minute Werdens scored his second goal meaning we won the match 3-1 and also the league title for the 1st time. We also ended the season equal best defensively (with Napoli) only conceeding 25 goals and as the highest goal scorers with 85 goals.

Habib Garba and Paulao were named in the Serie A Team of the Year

We then must surely have created history as within a couple of days of winning the league we became the subject of a board takeover and placed under a transfer embargo. Fantastic!

League | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Serie A Player Stats

Europa League

For the second year running we got to play in the Europa League and after reaching the Semi-Final last year only to be knocked out by eventual winner Real Madrid i was hopeful of a more successful attempt at the competition this time around.

Again we had to win a 4th qualifying tie to reach the group stages of the competition. This time we had to get by Austria Wien. We won the 1st away leg 4-0 which included a hat-trick from Silvio Longo and resulted me fielding a second string team for the Home leg which resulted in a 0-0 draw but still put us through 4-0 on aggregate.

The Group Stages drew us in Group A alongside AZ, Rapid Wien and Spartak Moscow.

After a 0-0 draw away at Spartak Moscow we then won the next 4 games to qualify in 1st place before we were beaten in the final match by AZ.

The 1st knockout round was against Dynamo Kiev. A 3-1 away win followed by a controlled 1-0 win at home put us through 4-1 on aggregate.

The second knockout draw put us up against CSKA Moscow (we have now played 2 Moscow and 2 Vienna clubs this year). Again we were away first and in an even contest it was settled in the first half with a strike from Werdens to give us a 1-0 away win. The second Home leg saw us fall behind towards the end of the first half to put the tie level on aggregate and level on away goals. Thankfully after a telling off at half time our pressure paid off as again Werdens was able to score and we held on for a 1-1 draw on the night that was ebough to give us a 2-1 aggregater victory.

The Quarter Final draw was not kind for Seregno as we were drew against Manchester City (who for some reason have only been in the champions league once since i joined Seregno!). This time we were at home first and we took the lead as Urquiza powered in a header but within 5 minutes City had equalised with a strike from 31 year old Sergio Aguero and despite many chances in the second half we were unable to get a second goal and the match ended 1-1. The second away leg started off badly as Aguero again scored but thankfully Silvio Longo equalised shortly afterwards. This match was very even and we both had many more opportunities to score but neither side could and with the score 2-2 on aggregate and level on away goals we went into extra time. Again neither side could make their chances count and the match went to penalties. Amazingly Aguero hit the cross bar with his penalty. City scored with their other 4 penalties and with Scolic having his penalty saved and Kayhan Yayla missing the target we lost the shootout 4-2 and bowed out of the competition. City went on to the final but were humble 3-0 by our league adversaries Juventus. In the champions league, the team that knocked us out of the Europa League last year, Real Madrid, won the competition by beating Manchester United 3-0.

Fixtures | Group A

Players

Xabier Eizagirre - Our young keeper who played practically every game. Still has plenty of potential to improve on top of this good season.

Pietro Marino - Our bench warmer who understandably is unhappy, may look at letting him go and getting a second young keeper with good potential for the future.

Lars Torbjornsen - Started the season as our 1st choice right back but as the season went on his performances were dissapointing and he wasn't getting as many assists as Lezcano, plus he kept on picking up yellow cards and the odd Red as well. So he ended up at the end of the season as my second choice right back.

Javier Lezcano - Signed at the start of the season for 5.5m from PSV. Over the course of the season his performances meant he became my first choice right back as he made fewer mistakes and looked a threat bombing forward and getting some crosses in resulting in his 5 assists.

Valentino Ostieri - Continues to be at the club from my very 1st season in charge. Plays in the odd game and remains happy with his situation.

Juan Cruz Urquiza - Picked up from Godoy Cruz for 7.5m. Juan proved to be probably the most important sigining of the year. He was put straight into the heart of my defence and was excellent throughout the season. I believe his introduction was the reason why we were so good defensively this season. Excellent Player.

Habib Garba - His second season at the club and he had another great season partnered this time with Urquiza. Unfortunately at the end of the season he has requested a transfer as he wants to move to a bigger club!!!

Ionel Neagu - Our first choice backup and used mainly to rest either Urquiza or Garba. He was very good when called upon and has just signed a contract extension.

Tommy Riddell - He has consistantly annoyed me this season with his complaining at not getting 1st team football. On several occassions he requested contract terminations but i needed to keep him in case of injuries. Then at the end of the season for some completely strange reason and without playing he has decided he wants to stay and has requested to be removed from the transfer list.

Eser Yildirim - Stats - Youngster who i bought in January for 1.2m and played in the odd game, has the potential to be a great player.

Melvin Adelaar - Our main left left who had a fantastic season eventually breaking the most assists in a season record with 14.

Cedric Dumas - A young player who was developing really well at the club. I got him to sign a new contract in december as his contract was up at the end of the season but his agent is a muppet and wouldn't allow a contract unless it has a 4m min release clause. Unfortunately for me with 4 days to go in the transfer window Werder Bremen triggered this clause, his agent wouldn't discuss a new contract so soon, as i lost a player i thought had a great future at the club. Idiot Agent.

Lucas Van Bergen - Stats - One of 2 young left backs i brought in at the last minute in January due to the departure of Dumas. Brought in for 1.2m he played in a few games and looked really good. Looking forward to see him develop.

Jose Antonio - The other young left back i brought in. Bought for 2.4m and spent the remainder of the season in the U20's. Hope he is going to improve as is potential is excellent.

Lee Connor - Stats - Continues to be on the sidelines and this season he didn't even get a game. Think his future at the club is in doubt.

Nick Van Wonderen - Spent the season on loan at Almeria and was average looking at the stats.

Kayhan Yayla - My first choice DMC. Played in the majority of games and was excellent thorughout. He even chipped in with 5 goals and an amazing 13 assists (he does take corners and the odd free kick!).

Jose Maria - His second season at the club and he was even better this year. He played in the majoirty of games and was solid throughout. He is only 20 years old but the assistant manager thinks he has already reached his potential which is a bit dissapointing.

Armando Di Matteo - Picked up a few injuries during the course of the season which limited the number of games he played. He was mainly used to cover fatigued players. Am dissapointed that he doesn't seem to pick up hardly any goals or assists.

Noel Henauer - Was an integral part of my team going into the start of the season until his min release clause was triggered and he moved to Rubin.

Daouda Kone - Stats - Picked up for 2.5m at the start pof the season. He has the potential to be an excellent player.

Paulao - One of my personnel favourite players, as well as one of the fans' as well. Another fantastic season saw him pick up 17 goals and 13 assists.

Rogier De Bruin - Signed in January for 5.75m from AA Gent. He is young but already has the ability to be a 1st team regular and with the ability to improve as well. Played well and scored 4 goals with 2 assists as well.

Dennis Humbel - Used mainly as a substitute now as i feel i have better options in midfield.

Rijad Causevic - Stats - A young midfielder i brought in for 1.9m from Hertha Berlin. Used mainly in Europe during the qualifying rounds and the group stages and was very good. Has the potential to be a great player.

Thomas Saluria - Stats - Continues his learning. He played in the odd game and actually managed to pick up a couple of assists.

Roman Pasquier - Stats - Signed for 2.5m and has the potential to be a leading Serie A midfielder.

Zineddine Maouche - Stats - Signed for 2.5m and has the potential to be a leading Serie A midfielder but unfortuantley is unhappy and wants to leave.

Samir Colic - Continues to improve and finished the season as our top goal scorer with 25. Fantastic season.

Silvio Longo - Silvio was unstoppable in the 1st half of the season but a few injuries and the emergence of Werdens and Adani meant the 2nd half of the season was a bit of struggle. Despite this he still managed a grand total of 21 goals and 12 assists.

Neils Werdens - Signed for 4m from FC Utrecht. Played more as the season went on and certainly proved his worth more and more. Finished the season with 13 goals which put him 4th top scorer this season.

Vincenzo Adani - Signed in January for 1.7m from Parma as i felt with Longo injured i needed more quality options up front. He played alot both starting and as a sub and was effective as shown by his 8 goals and 5 assists.

Clement Durand - Only really used in the 1st half of the season getting 4 goals. May look to cash in on him at this stage.

Daniel Guillot - Had only made 1 sub appearance by January and so i decided to let him go and got 2m for him.

Marco Giovio - Another player i let go in January after he had hardly played, got 1.1m for him.

Alexey Razinskiy - Stats - Continues to learn his trade.

Tino Riemer - Stats - Yet another January signing for 1.3m, also has the ability to become a leading Serie A player.

The Future

Well i survived the board takevoer which finally went through a week into the new transfer window.

I would love to try and defend the league title but the main aim i suppose with the bounds of this challenge is to do as well as i can in the champions league. But as i haven't been able to win the Europa League in the 2 attempts i have had at it i'm not very confident but we will see.

I have had 2 investments in the youth facilities and yet they are still indicated as Basic! I'm hoping to press the new board into more investment.

Congrats StellaF1, have to admit I'm a little disappointed to see you back though. Was hoping I might be the first Italian completion :p (although I'm still a good 4-5 years away from that, lol).

Serie B goes on for a while, doesn't it? I have no idea how people complete dafuge's challenge with 3 leagues of 46 games with cups on top. 42 games is hard enough and is taking long enough with no cups involved (went out of the Italian cup before the league season started). Thank god that Serie's C and A are both smaller.

Looking like another season in B for Vallee d'Aoste unless we can sneak into the playoffs. With about 10 games to go I'm anywhere from 5-10 points off the playoffs, but I can't string a set of results together to push me up into them. My squad is a bit thin on quality, and my team is in a constant flux thanks to injuries, constant new transfers in and out and a rotation policy thanks to the endless games. Have to say the game is damn good fun though, loving the challenge.

That seems to be a bug to me, do you think you could post it in the Bugs Forum and see what they say, because that ruins my plan if I ever complete which was to add Portugal and go try for two completions on one save game...

I have reported it. Hopefully it will get fixed in future, but for now i'm going to take the challenge in Scotland.

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Gypsum Fantastic announced as new manager of Annan athletic

Rookie manager Gypsum Fantastic has been announced by Chairman Ryan Shinnie as the new manager of Annan Athletic. Despite having no previous managerial experience, the Galabankies' board consider Gypsum the man to help improve on the last place finish in the Scottish third division in the previous season. Gypsum is said to be enthusiastic about his new role, as he looks to lead his squad to success.

Annan Athletic Football Club are an association football club who compete in the Scottish Third Division. They are based in the town of Annan, Dumfries and Galloway. They play their home games at the 2000 capacity Galabank, located on North Street, Annan, and enjoy adequate training facilities.

* Some screenshots were taken after I started the challenge because of the forum being down.

Right, Inter are coming to Angra do Heroísmo.

It's the First Knockout Rd of the Champions League - First Leg - Lusitânia Açores are being given no chance, but then we're used to that.

Kick off

17th - Inter win the corner. The ball's delivered. They win the header, but Favreau clears it off the line. But it only comes out to the edge of the area. They fire it in, it's on target and in. Inter take the lead. 0-1 (Replay shows it took a BIG deflection on the way in.)

45th - Sustained period of pressure from the Portuguese team. But it comes to nothing. And the referee blows for half time.

Half Time snapshot - It's not been one for the neutral this.

Second half

46th - The Azores side building a nice attack. Munoz though inexplicably passes it back to the defence, it's intercepted. The Inter player breaks into the box and only a great save from Soto denies them a second.

62nd - The defence has completely evaporate here as Inter attack down the right. The cross comes in and there are four Inter players up against only one of my boys. They score. 0-2

65th - Carbon copy. Inter attack up the right. Defence nowhere to be seen. Cross comes in. Inter score. 0-3

76th - Little bit of a honour back. Jensen receives the ball on the edge of the area and fires a lovely shot in off the inside of the post. 1-3

80th - Lovely ball over the top from Descazals sets Munoz free up the left. He makes it to the by line, crosses it and it simply hits Chrysanthou on the back of the head. Awful!

88th - So close to another goal. Madsen hits a ferocious drive from the edge of the box which comes thumping back off the crossbar.

92nd - Inter get a 4th. 1-4

Could I turn it around at the San Siro and make it into the Quarter Final? No. I went down 3-2 and crashed out of the competition at the same stage as last year.

Edit - Smash and Grab! Headed to Porto. My main competition in Portugal now. They dominated me from start to finish, but we had a couple of chances and Chrysanthou put them both away to snatch a 1-2 victory. The sort of performance that has us pulling out hair out when we're on the receiving end. Very satisfying!

This may be a particularly pointless thing to be furious about, but here we go anyway.

26th match of my 30 game domestic league. Unbeaten so far. Go to 13th (of 16) place Leixoes and put in a totally abject performance and lose 1-0 stopping the chance of an unbeaten season.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German 2nd Division – Season 2016/17

Season Review

3rd Time Lucky???

League Finish: 2nd Graph

The League

FINALLY, Finally we have made it – and all without the stresses of having a play-off match. SVW Mannheim will be playing in Die Bundesliga in the 2017/18 season. As the league graph shows, we were always in the hunt after the first few weeks and after two-thirds of the season when we broke into the top 2, we were never back out of it. We were actually a little closer to the top spot than the table suggests but a last-day defeat to Karlsruhe when Heimann went off injured after ten minutes and we had no sub keeper flattered Hertha Berlin a little. Nonetheless it was all about promotion this season and we achieved it which is all that matters.

German Cup

Our progress in this season’s German cup started with a routine 2-0 away win against non-league Mariendorf. The second round saw us face tougher opposition in Bundesliga outfit Hansa Rostock. Despite dominating we were 2-0 down going into the last 10 minutes before two late goals took it to extra time. A goal apiece in extra time took it to penalties and we managed to win the shoot-out. The 3rd round saw us face last season’s nemesis in Hoffenheim. We went down fighting, losing 4-3 away although we did score two late goals again.

The Players

Here’s a look at the players who performed so well in our promotion season:

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

30. Niclas Heimann - Niclas again performed well during the season but at times his form faltered a little. I will have a little look around this summer to see what else is out there I think to give him some real competition.

1. Alexey Golubev - Alexey joined in the summer as an understudy with plenty of potential. Still needs to realise his potential to feature in the starting line-up.

Full Backs

22. Andreas Schroder - Andreas had another great season and is firmly established as our right-back now. A player of real quality with plenty of potential to develop further still.

2. Segun Agba - Segun was once more a bench warmer due to the form of Schroder and requested to be placed on the transfer list as a result. His request was granted. Did well when he played though.

5. Yordan Ivanov - Yordan was largely an understudy this season and only made 10 appearances. His future at the club is looking uncertain.

33. Sahin Yamac - Sahin established himself as first choice LB and did well when he played.

3. Rafael - Rafael was signed on a free transfer in January and may well be our long-term LB. bags of potential, he will push Yamac hard for the shirt next season I think.

Centre Backs

6. Osmar - Osmar was top centre back once more this season and is developing into a fine defender. Heavily courted by other clubs, I have put a £5 million fee on his head to ward off suitors. This has worked for now.

15. Andrejus Birskys - Andrejus established himself as the first choice partner to Osmar and between them they formed the meanest defence in the league. Has the ability along with Osmar to handle the step up.

55. Alexandr Kuznetsov - the young Belorussian was mainly an understudy thi season though he did get some game time when trying to keep him happy. Did well when called upon, he could be a star for us as long as I can keep him happy.

49. Ricardo Tavares - Ricardo was a back up again this season but was another to do well when called upon.

Midfielders

7. Nicolas Ruiz - Nicolas was a star performer again on the right wing and weighed in with plenty of assists again. Hopefully he can handle the step up in quality.

8. Nikolay Kolyadko - Nikolay was Hopkins’ main midfield partner and was solid if unspectacular. Looking for more from him next season.

11. Eoin Doherty - Eoin joined on a free when Mainwaring got injured. I had previously coveted him but the form of Nkusu Landu and Mainwaring meant I didn’t need another left winger. Did well when he joined, as I hoped he would and has given me real headaches for the coming season.

14. Migen Toma - Migen was in and out of the team this season but did pretty well when called upon and he is still a promising player with a future at the club.

18. Marino Kresic - Marino did ok in his first full season but he hasn’t hit the heights I was hoping for this season. We will see what happens next season.

20. Moritz Krasser - Moritz joined as cover in January from new parent club Bayern Munich and did ok when called upon.

21. Vladimir Sokolov - the Ukrainian winger did pretty well as understudy to Ruiz but found him hard to dislodge.

23. Mark Mainwaring - Mark was first choice after Nkusu Landu announced he wanted to join a bigger club and did well until he had a serious injury. Struggled to regain his place after that.

24. Craig Hopkins - Craig was a star for us in midfield in his first full season and has firmly established himself as a key player for us. Looking forward to seeing how he handles the step up.

72. Jaud Nkusu Landu - Jaud was unhappy early in the season and his performances suffered with this and the arrival of Doherty. I have a decision to make on his future this summer.

78. Paulo Lemos - Lemos joined for peanuts and has good potential. One for the future.

Strikers

9. Ivan Smodlaka - Ivan was pretty disappointing again and was a bench warmer once more. Likely to cut my losses and move him on this summer.

10. Vladislav Scherbakov - Vladislav was my big money gamble to replace the sold Dumitru and thankfully it paid off as he formed a good partnership with Hamdaoui. Quality player for us.

25. Yassine Hamdaoui - Yassine had another good season and was the top goalscorer again. Formed a good partnership with Scherbakov.

29. Edvin Topic - The young Slovenian joined initially as one for the future but he had a cracking debut season and fitted in effortlessly if Hamdaoui or Scherbakov weren’t performing. Delighted with him.

99. Gurami Enukidze - Gurami found himself as a sub this season but again did pretty well when required. His future is pretty much 50/50 going forwards.

37. Ciaran Bradley - Ciaran was relegated to the Under 19s again this season to keep him match fit. Rarely featured in the first team.

Finances

The prize money available in Bundesliga II really helps us make a profit despite monthly losses. Hopefully there will be more of the same in the Bundesliga. I used our finances to upgrade our training facilities this season and I have already requested an improvement to the youth facilities this summer, which has also been granted.

The Future

Well we finally achieved promotion and right on cue in terms of my three-year plan. Next season is obviously all about survival and that is my only aim. Following my success in my three-year plan I am now going to unveil my future plan to keep a track on it:

• Qualify for Europe - Three years
  • Win the Bundesliga - Five Years
  • Champions of Europe - Eight years.

Time will tell if I can achieve all of this!!

Career History

Season      League        Pos.    German Cup  Europe     Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2012/13   3rd Division    12th     N/A         N/A      
2013/14   3rd Division    2nd      N/A         N/A        Promotion
2014/15   2nd Division    3rd    1st Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs
2015/16   2nd Division    3rd    3rd Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs again
2016/17   2nd Division    2nd    3rd Round     N/A        Promotion

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2024/25

Finances

Key figure - £15,861,002 | Summary

Made a loss this year due to increased transfer expenditure. Still in a fairly strong financial position and with the new ground to come in a year (possibly more, it appears to have hit a delay) ticket revenue should increase.

Club News

A new section to detail any changes to the club's infrastructure, and also any record breaking.

1/ New stadium completion date has been pushed back to 3/2/2027. So I've got at least a season and a half more in the good old Estádio João Paulo II before I move into the, disappointingly named, Lusitânia Açores Stadium, my 22,432 capacity future home. I was hoping it might be named after me.

2/ Improvement plans to the youth set up have started. They should be finished by 21/11/2025.

3/ An 8-1 victory over Boavista broke my record for biggest win.

Transfers | 9 In (£13m), 12 Out (£7.25m)

For the first time in my tenure at the club by transfer dealings didn't make a profit. Little disappointed with myself, but players became available who I knew I'd regret not bringing to the club. More on them later.

The main reason for the loss, however, was the fact that I held onto all of my first team players. There were no major sales with Erik Jakus' departure on a free transfer the most long-serving team member to depart. Other than that it was squad players, promising youngsters not to make the grade and back ups.

League | Predicted - 4th

Table | Graph

I'm a little hurt that after two consecutive titles the media still don't predict that I'll threaten the title. But it doesn't really make much difference I suppose.

The league was relatively straightforward this year. A solid start saw me rise to the top end of the league, level on points with the leaders. After seven games I hit top spot out right and never looked back. The only black mark on the season as far as I'm concerned was the defeat in my 26th/30 game which spoiled my chance of an unbeaten season. A minor detail but it would have been a nice stat. Anyway, we went on to win the league by nine points in the end. Finishing off with a nice couple of wins with two entirely different starting elevens.

Cups

Supertaça | Beaten Finalists

A loss in extra time to Porto. Disappointing as I had them under control in the other games I came up against them in. Still, at least I've got to a stage where my board no longer care about the result of this competition. Unfortunately I'm greedy and do.

Taça de Portugal | Beaten Finalists

Another disappointing 1-0 reverse. This time to Benfica in normal time. To add insult to injury the single goal was scored by Simone Molteni, a player I had at the club for a couple of seasons back in the early days of my top flight career. Again, the board weren't upset - they just wanted me to reach the semi-final.

League Cup | 3rd Rd Group Stage

And again, another disappointing performance in a cup competition. But again another one the board no longer care about. Most disappointed though because it was an awful result, a 5-1 defeat to Braga, that sealed my fate.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Escaped the Champions' League Group once more despite still being seeded 4th for the draw. Although again it wasn't plain sailing requiring Basel to hold Liverpool to a draw in the final match as I lost to Sevilla to progress.

Knockout Stages | Exit

A tough draw in the knockout stages again with my team facing Inter. We were drawn at home in the first leg. Not a great performance as Inter left Angra do Heroísmo with a 4-1 victory. It would require a miracle at the San Siro to overturn that deficit a miracle which was unforthcoming. A better performance but another loss as we went down 3-2 away to see us crash out 7-3 on aggregate. I still feel a long way from Champions' League glory.

Squad | Overview

'Keepers | A strong section of the team, Soto is a world class 'keeper and Athmani is a fantastic prospect for the future.

Salvador Soto - 45 apps, 42 conceded, 19 clean sheets, 0 MoMs - Another decent season for the Mexican youngster. Amazing to think he's still only 22. A slight dip in terms of average rating but he did well enough, winning Portugal's keeper of the year.

Amar Athmani - 4 apps, 2 conceded, 2 clean sheets, 0 MoMs - Brought in on loan as cover and a potential long term replacement for Soto. Happily I realised in January that I wouldn't need to invoke the agreed price clause I arranged as his contract was up at the end of the season. He will join on a free transfer in the summer.

Defenders | A range of talents here. In central defence I feel my players are up there with the best in the world. On the flanks I'm less convinced. Specifically on the right of the back four.

Karel Dragoun - 3(2) apps, 0 gls, 1 assist, 0 MoMs - A young, useful back up. He's never going to be a world class defender, but he's adequate when needed.

Julián García - 10(6) apps, 1 gl, 1 assist, 2 MoMs - Lost his place in the first team, but is still very handy to have around. He will be a squad rotation player for a few years now.

Stijn Hermans - 17(7) apps, 4 gls, 1 assist, 3 MoMs - Another who is in the squad player camp. Definitely has time on his side though at just 19. Should I be unable to hold onto Descazals he is first in line to replace him.

Sébastien Gautier - 36(2) apps, 3 gls, 4 assists, 1 MoM - The man to take García's place in the first team and steal the tag of 'most promising centre half' from Hermans. He was one of the players to become available that I felt I had to splash out on. He is just 19 and already a top class defender. The sky is the limit for this lad. Hopefully he'll be part of the team for a long time.

Meranah Descazals - 35 apps, 8 gls, 4 assists, 4 MoMs - What to say about this man? Well, he was world class last season and has somehow managed to improve still further. He is surely the best defender in the world. He is a physical powerhouse, a great old-fashioned defender and also more than decent with the ball at his feet. One of the most important members of the team. A great shame he represents Djibouti as it means he'll never get a chance to win things on the international stage.

Mathieu Favreau - 46 apps, 0 gls, 6 assist, 0 MoMs - Still definitely first choice on the right side of defence. Not as sure of him as I am of the others. If I can find a good replacement his card could be marked.

Ange Diaby - 13(10) apps, 0 gls, 0 assists, 0 MoMs - Happy to play back up to Osses which is good because that's all he is. He made a decent number of appearances this season and was solid if unspectacular. Dependable back up.

Christian Osses - 36(5) apps, 0gls, 7 assists, 2 MoMs - Undisputed first choice. A great marauding full back offering a potent attacking threat. He combines this with solid defensive stats to make a formidable opponent.

Midfielders | The strongest overall area of the team. Great central midfielders who offer diversity and some strong wingers to cause havoc down the flanks.

Philippe Derrien - 3(1) apps, 0 gls, 0 assists, 0 MoMs - A fairly catastrophic fall from grace for Philippe. From first choice defensive midfielder to barely making it onto the pitch. It was the result of form that has never been convincing and the arrival of Madsen. He is starting to get on in age by the standards of this team and so probably has lost his place for good. May look to move him on in the summer.

Christian Madsen - 46 apps, 1 gl, 6 assists, 0 MoMs - Solid performances from a solid player in a position that really requires that consistency. He chipped in with some assists and one wonder goal and with age on his side I can see him developing into an important player.

Vadym Gai - 27(8) apps, 8 gls, 6 assists, 2 MoMs - Harsh perhaps that he's not first choice, but it's very close between him and Santos. In reality they share the position evenly, but Santos made a few more appearances and so I plumped for him. A good season for Gai. Chipping in with goals and a few assists. Definitely one to keep around as the team matures around him.

Joffrey Fontaine - 35(30) apps, 12 gls, 18 assists, 7 MoMs - The undisputed main man of the left wing. He scores plenty, takes a great corner and has a very good cross on him too. One of the players in the team who approach irreplaceable.

Jonathan Solomons - 12(6) apps, 2 gls, 3 assists, 0 MoMs - Back up in a similar mould to Fontaine and very capable. His teamwork lets him down on occasion and he tries too much himself, but he's a great player to have around the squad.

Andreas Jensen - 37 apps, 8 gls, 15 assists, 2 MoMs - A stunning attacking midfielder. A great eye for a pass and the ability to make it work he is another player I'd hate to have to replace. A steal considering he joined on a free transfer.

Walter Zangger - 12(7) apps, 2 gls, 0 assists, 0 MoMs - Jensen's deputy and more than capable of carrying out the job. He perhaps could be an integral part of a weaker team but will face even more competition with the arrival of an exciting youngster over the summer.

Santos - 25(13) apps, 9 gls, 4 assists, 2 MoMs - The other player I didn't feel I could pass up the chance to sign. Technically he is staggeringly gifted and in the second half of the season he showed his class. After a slow start where he lost out to Gai he came back strongly after settling into his new home.

Florent Marti - 2(3) apps, 0 gls, 1 assist, 0 MoMs - The young Belgian winger saw his first team opportunities limited this year. I'm still keeping a close eye on the lad as I believe he can go on to be a very good player.

Forwards | Another strong department, they all are really, but one I feel could maybe use a slightly different option.

Jorge Muñoz - 7(4) apps, 2 gls, 3 assists, 1 MoM - Continues to play second fiddle to Poljak and is starting to get unhappy about it. He's a very good back up, but I can't quite seem him breaking into the first team for a prolonged spell of time without injuries so it may be time to think about letting him go.

Ivan Poljak - 40 apps, 17 gls, 10 assists, 4 MoMs - Endured a torturous goalless run towards the end of the season without which he'd have certainly broken through the 20 goal mark. He is still my first choice second striker and fulfils the role excellently.

Labros Pavlou - 3(7) apps, 1 gl, 0 assists, 0 MoMs - It still surprised me that I have two Cypriot strikers at the club, but he is here on merit. Few chances this season but he always looked a threat even if the number of goals he scored doesn't represent that. He is back up at the moment, but with a bit of training to sand down his rough edges I can see him threatening the first team.

Allan Tranberg - 3(6) apps, 1 gl, 1 assist, 0 MoMs - Still very young and very exciting. He didn't make quite the progress I hoped for this term, but that could be my fault as much as anything. Chrysanthou's form made it very difficult to drop him. I still expect this lad to have an exceptional career, after all, he's only 17!

Venizelos Chrysanthou - 42 apps, 30 gls, 10 assist, 7 MoMs - The figures speak for themselves. A great season for the striker and one which established him as the main striker at the club. He sailed past 100 league goals this season and is hot on the trail of the record number of league appearances too. I'd be amazed if he didn't get there.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ Progress further in the Champions League. No

2/ Retain a place in the top two. Yes

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Reach the Champion's League Quarter Final.

2/ Retain place in top two. Actually, who am I kidding, at this stage I really should keep winning the league.

3/ Win back my various Portuguese cups.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
2022/23		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2023/24		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2024/25		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24

Congrats rlipscombe, knew promotion wasnt far away for you

Well done on completing the challenge Welsh Wizard, Russia was proving a tough test for me, so having having been away from my save for a few weeks, due to a busy christmas period with work etc, ill be back soon to try and push on with Dinamo Stavropol

some great progress being made throughout the challenge

I apologise for the lack updates from me, but I haven't played the game in a while as I wasn't in to it and kind of lost interest.

I'm starting again now, I'm currently in march 2021 and still challenging for european football.

As I'm very busy right now the end of the season might still take some time so I'll give you a quick update now.

Table || Graph || DFB-pokal || Fixtures 1|Fixtures 2

I'ts been quite a dissapointing season so far in my opinion, I had hoped for an easy european qualification and maybe even challenge for the CL, but it just wasn't to be. The main cause was that my tactics just crumbled and didn't work at all, we couldn't score nor defend very well, and that makes games kind of difficult most of the time. If you look closely you can find 1 run of 3 wins and 5 undefeated games. Whenever we won a game or two we would always then play awful and draw or lose. espacially in February and March we just couldn't find a win so I changed the tactics and we'll just have to see if it will work.

The DFB-pokal is really something I don't want to talk about as we were awful in both games, only just getting a win over 3. liga team Ingolstadt and losing heavily to 2. Bundesliga team Rostock who have been a bit of a bogey team in the last few seasons.

Transfers - I bought in some new talent for the future. One player I would like to to mention is Pedro Lopez, as he's been by quite a distance our best player and is currently our second top-scorer (which does say a lot doesn't it?) and was brought in for a free at the start of the season and is already attracting interest from Udinese.

Squad 1|Squad 2 - A very decent squad at the moment, but does need some fresh blood next season, due to a change of tactics, and an inability to score a lot of goals, so that mostly means new strikers and wingers.

The only objective now is just to get european football next season, and in the summer the squad will probably get a big revamp to get some fresh blood in and some young talents.

After successful stints in England and Northern Ireland with these challenges, it's time to come to the Big Euro. I was doing the Americas, but couldn't get the motivation, I can go back to it. Doing this one in Spain, so when I get my club I'll get my initial post up.

Couldn't get Europa like I wanted, so I've went for Castellon. First post coming up.

DESTROYING THE STATUS QUO

C.D. Castellón

Jordan Swinburn

Cd_castell%C3%B3n_200px.png

C.D. Castellón have announced the appointment of their new manager. The unknown Englishman Jordan Swinburn is new to management, which has raised the eyebrows of the Castellón faithful. Swinburn has been tasked with taking the club back to La Liga, and possibly beyond. The Castellón squad are said to be excited about the appointment.

In the past, I've been known to go for all out to get the best players possible. Never been one to shy away from a large transfer fee. On this game, I'm looking to somewhat emulate Barcelona (as much as I hate them). I'll be spending very little, with the odd big signing. Going to try and get a good youth system going and promote from within. The main thing is that I break the mould in La Liga and destroy the status quo. Should be an interesting game.

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga Adelante

End of Season 2016/17

Beating Captain Golden Boot

The Season

In Brief

Predicted: 22nd

Actual: 7th (Graph)

Cup: 4th Round vs Villareal - Leg 1 & Leg 2

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 2916 (v324 [Avg Att: 4310])

Finances: €2.2M (45th in ESP [^6])

Transfers: 2016/17 - 10 In (€14k) 12 Out (€241k) 6 Loaned (€4k)

Squad: First Squad, Under 19s

General News

Well we made a profit through the season which is always good, we didn't make back the value of our stadium increase which we are now near to filling out again. Hoping that we can get another expansion shortly or anything as the bare minimum 6000 seats is going to keep making the financials a challenge. Our Salary per annum is 1.47M, while (excluding Sporting 13M) the other top teams are spending something more like 7M. Pretty happy with the transfers, and the fact the three players should become EU during the off season meaning I can play all my best players this season instead of having one hiding outside of the squad.

The League

Well we started with a hiss and a roar and went 8-1-1 through the first 10 games, this managed to have us sitting in second place and only just behind the leader. Something must've happened around Hispanic Day, because the boys went from being World Beaters to complete losers. Over the next 10 games we managed to go 1-4-5, this saw the club drop to 5th, but still in the playoff hunt even with such a terrible run of games. Ten more games passed and at just under 75% done the club had plummeted to 10th and looked likely to completely miss the playoffs with no chance of promotion with a 3-3-4 run. The inconsistency continued through the next 8 games as they went 3-1-4, but the boys stepped up when they realised how far from the playoffs they were to win the final 4 games and end the season in 7th place, just 3pts outside the playoffs. Really a bit of a disappointing effort and our defense let us down.

Golden Boot: Erwan Braind 1st (23), Miguel Herlein 2nd (22)

Most Assists: Roberto Delgado (YP3) 1st (19)

Man of Match: Kivanc Ozlu 2nd (7)

Avg Rating: Erwan Briand 2nd (7.38)

Overachievers: Parla

Season Review

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Player Stats

Team Stats

Cup

For the first time ever we managed to get past the 2nd round of the Spanish Cup as we met Castellon and dispatched them 4:2, this was then followed up by another 4:2 victory as we knocked out Zaragoza, this put us into the 4th round against Villareal, but a 1:0 loss at home then saw us heading away needing goals to be able to go through. In the second leg those goals ran free as we managed to put 4 past their keeper, but our defense let us down here as well and the opposition scored 5 to knock us out 6-4 on aggregate.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Keepers

Riccardo Cappellari (ITA) - The worst season of his Parla career saw him injured, and then perform all over the place once he came back meaning he shared duties with Marco, and neither did well, is leaving in July. 35 Conc, 8 Clean.

Marco (POR) - When Cappellari was injured I needed cover, the problem was it took 2 games before the cover arrived in the form of Marco, Gorka made two clean sheets in that time, Marco & Cappellari were both inconsistent in this season, as such I have a replacement coming. 43 Conc, 3 Clean.

Gorka Lopez (ESP)

Defenders

Kıvanç Özlü (TUR) - The rock of our defense, our vice-captain played most games until an injury late in the season. Without a doubt he is the best central defender in this team, I am looking forward to him partnering with whoever in the new season. 11G 2A.

Pablo Sanchez Varela (ARG) - The star of my backline, Varela is great up the sideline and at getting back in defense, one of my teams stars, also looking at Spanish Citizenship within the bounds of the next 6 months or so. Should just leave Cris in the Non-EU camp, looking forward to having all my top defenders on the field. 2G 11A.

Martin Lopez (ARG) - Was amazing through the first half of the season, but the issue around Non-EU players meant I had to let him sit out the rest of the season, the replacements weren't quite as good. Looking to step back in now as he heads towards Spanish citzenship before the closing of the window. 1G 1A.

Andre Perego (SUI) - After January when I had to switch Lopez out of the tea due to 3 Non-EU players and only 2 slots, Perego stepped up from his previous role as a reserve and played reasonably well, especially in the final stretch to home that got us up to 7th overall in this very close division. 5G 0A.

Ignjac Ivanic (AUT) - The new starting left back, really just filling a hole as long as it was needed. Definitely my weakest position, got a new replacement coming. 1G 4A.

Robert Milano (ITA)

Pedro Rebocho (POR)

Ozgur Bayraktar (TUR)

Midfielders

Bruno Guillou (FRA) - The defensive midfielder had a reasonable season, but there was no real magic or spark, and given the way we leaked goals I am not sure that the current formation is working, so we will be moving into a more standard flat 4-4-2 and Guillou is likely to join my list of past stars for the club. 0G 1A.

Miguel Lopez (ARG) - A solid season on the right wing from Lopez, he ran the show down this side all season. He never does anything spectacular, but he has a growing relationship with Delgado & Briand which could lead to some great goals. 6G 10A.

Cris (BRA) - With Taygun refusing to sign a new contract I was in desperate need of a new left wing, I found Cris, but he was Non-EU so this is what forced Martin Lopez out of the squad on EU spots. He was solid, and improved as he fitted into the squad and managed to make things happen a lot more towards the end of the season. 4G 6A.

Roberto Delgado YP3 (ESP) - My only ever Youth Product to break in as the starter for my squad. Delgado had an incredible season, I was worried that no one could replace Gomes as he wasn't willing to sign a new contract, but I put Delgado in from the start and really never looked back as he went ballistic and ran the midfield all season. 3G 23A.

Artem Tretjakov (RUS) - The young Russian was originally signed to be a slightly better back-up for Delgado, but after a serious losing streak change was needed and Guillou's suspension led to us playing a flat 4-4-2 and Tretjakov combined with Delgado and I will be looking to continue this line-up into the new season. 1G 2A.

Eneko Begona (ESP)

Frederico Gigli (ITA)

Juan Carlos YP2 (ESP)

Patxi Bengoetxea (ESP)

Vicent (ESP)

Strikers

Miguel Herlein (POR) - Captain Fantastic did it once again, Herlein is doing everything for us, he is the closest to becoming a club legend now as he has taken over from Rafa as the highest ranked person in the icons list. Also managed to finish second in the top goalscorer for Liga Adelante and finished as fans player of the year, another great season. 27G 8A.

Erwan Briand (BEL) - The new Liga Adelante Scoring Champion, there was a huge battle all season long between Briand & Herlein. In the end Briand took it out and proved himself as our support for Herlein going forwards. 27G 12A.

Paulinho (BRA)

Matias Lopez (URU)

The History

A Statistic in the Spotlight

This section will highlight one club leaderboard, and show the top 10, plus the best of the current crop.

assists.png

Taygun managed a few more assists before leaving the club in January to extend his lead, really only Herlein currently at the club is working on catching him, though YP3, Delgado has made it well into the list this season with an epic effort and is looking to become our teams lead central midfielder.

The 100 Club

|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| [url="http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8220/taygunkuruhistorycareer.png"]Taygun Kuru*[/url]          |   164  |   1  |   18  |   72  |   -  |  -  |   5 |  7.14  |
| [url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5140/miguelherleinhistorycar.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]        |   160  |   3  |  131  |   39  |   -  |  -  |  34 |  7.59  |
| [url="http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6036/andrgomeshistorycareers.png"]Andre Gomes*[/url]          |   144  |  12  |   24  |   36  |   -  |  -  |   8 |  7.15  |
| [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2444/juanfranciscoarandahist.png"]Juan F. Aranda*[/url]       |   126  |  10  |    0  |   14  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  6.98  |
| [url="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5318/brunoguillouhistorycare.png"]Bruno Guillou[/url]         |   132  |   0  |    2  |    8  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  7.02  |
| [url="http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7720/nunomalheirohistorycare.png"]Nuno Malheiro*[/url]        |    84  |  26  |    1  |   17  |   -  |  -  |   2 |  6.94  |
| [url="http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5417/kivanzlhistorycareersta.png"]Kivanc Ozlu[/url]           |   107  |   0  |   34  |    7  |   -  |  -  |  18 |  7.34  |

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Guillaume Dumast[/url]  | [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4436/destinynewsinbox7.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1549/destinynewsinbox9.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |

My Updates History

|---------|--------|--------------------------------------------|
| Season  | League | Updates                                    |
| 2012/13 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7186636&viewfull=1#post7186636"]Start[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7194851&viewfull=1#post7194851"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7213819&viewfull=1#post7213819"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7221457&viewfull=1#post7221457"]End of Season[/url] |
| 2013/14 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7215409&viewfull=1#post7215409"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7227256&viewfull=1#post7227256"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7252672&viewfull=1#post7252672"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7276618&viewfull=1#post7276618"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2014/15 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7276647&viewfull=1#post7276647"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7289506&viewfull=1#post7289506"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7308016&viewfull=1#post7308016"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7323040&viewfull=1#post7323040"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2015/16 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7323053&viewfull=1#post7323053"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7346471&viewfull=1#post7346471"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7391372&viewfull=1#post7391372"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7424204&viewfull=1#post7424204"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2016/17 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7441757&viewfull=1#post7441757"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7446249&viewfull=1#post7446249"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467738&viewfull=1#post7467738"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7482394&viewfull=1#post7482394"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2017/18 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7482421&viewfull=1#post7482421"]Youth[/url], Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]6th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]4th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]2nd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]10th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]7th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |       None       |

The Future

In Brief

Odds: 1000-1

Predicted: 22nd

My Aim: Playoffs

Expectations: Mid Table

Transfer Budget: €457k

Wage Budget: €31,799

Youth: Ruben Siguenza

Signings: Simone Ravasi (GK,Free), Ricardo (DL,Free)

Transfers Out: Roberto Cappellari (€40k) --> Lecce

Contract Expired: Gorka Lopez, Koldo Sola, Jaume, Patryk Sliwinski, Roberto, Murat Ogan.

Wages at 01.07.16: €31,544

One other little side story puts Roberto Delgado at the U19 Euros in the offseason as well, so I shall give a report on that as well. Would've normally been included in my Youth Update, but that will likely be finished before the U19 Euros are. I also made it to 200 games in charge, and then made it past 5 years at the club in the same season, looking forward to growing my history at Parla as well. I ended the season with an all time record of 108-44-62 through 214 games. The end of the season run in saw disaster for our defense as Ozlu, Varela & Bayraktar all went down with injuries. Our small Kit Sponsorship deal got a slight extension and was made a little bit bigger, but our reputation still seems to be dropping and this is really hampering any chance of attracting top class players (Only 12 teams in 2DB have smaller reps than us).

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Youth Player Project

July 2016 Update

Player 1: Ivan Vilches (MC/ST)

PPM: None

Foot: Left

Born: Parla

Nationality: Spanish

March 2013, July 1st 2013, July 1st 2014, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Club       | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
[color=#0000ff][i]| 16/17 | AD.Parla    |  0(0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |[/i][/color]
|-------|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| Total | Senior      | 24(4) |   7   |    3    |  0  |  6.86  |
|_______|_____________|_______|_______|_________|_____|________|

Vilches has nothing to offer the club and I will be trying to find somewhere else for him.

Player 1a: Angel (DM/DC)

Foot: Left

Born: Alcoron

March 2013, July 1st 2013, July 1st 2014, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Club       | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 16/17 | Alcobendas* | 23 (7) |   2   |    1    |  1  |  -.--  |
| Total | Senior      | 24(10) |   2   |    1    |  1  |  6.82  |
|_______|_____________|________|_______|_________|_____|________|

Another season of nothing here for Angel, definitely be heading off to another club once his season is done.

Player 2: Juan Carlos (MC/AMC/ST)

Foot: Right

March 2014, July 1st 2014, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#0000ff][i]| 13/14 | AD.Parla    |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.00  |
| 14/15 | AD.Parla    | 11(16) |   6   |    4    |  1  |  7.04  |
| 15/16 | AD.Parla    |  0 (2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  6.90  |[/i][/color]
| 15/16 | Alcobendas* |  8 (0) |   2   |    1    |  0  |  6.75  |
| 16/17 | Alcobendas* | 20 (0) |   8   |    2    |  2  |  7.03  |
| Total | Senior      | 39(18) |  16   |    8    |  3  |  7.01  |

Juan Carlos has also been on loan at Alcobendas for the season, well this season he was the best of my youth out on loan, but I am still unsure as to whether he will get a contract extension, his work is alright, but Alcobendas is a lot lower down the tier than we are.

Player 2a: Juame (DRL)

Foot: Either

March 2014, July 1st 2014, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#0000ff][i]| 16/17 | AD.Parla    |  0 (2) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.50  |[/i][/color]
| Total | Senior      | 21(25) |   0   |    2    |  0  |  6.40  |

Jaume stayed with us as back-up through the season, but his effort saw him leave on a free at the end of the season.

Player 3: Roberto Delgado (DM/MLC)

March 2015, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]U19s[/b]
|  Year |  Squad  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|---------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 14/15 |   U19   |  1(3) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  6.80  |
| 15/16 |   U19   |  5(0) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  6.80  |
|_______|_________|_______|_______|_________|_____|________|

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Squad  | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|---------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 14/15 |  Senior |  3 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.80  |
| 15/16 |  Senior |  3(23) |   0   |    2    |  0  |  6.77  |
| 16/17 |  Senior | 38 (0) |   3   |   23    |  1  |  7.28  |
| Total |  Senior | 44(24) |   3   |   25    |  1  |  7.06  |
|_______|_________|________|_______|_________|_____|________|

Oh My, I have never had a youth product of my own make it into the starting line up on a regular basis, Delgado is vastly superior to anyone else I have had produced in my clubs. He took over from Gomes and ran the midfield all season long, 23 assists in a single season is excellent and at only 18 he has many more years to develop as well. Looking to be a future superstar for Parla.

Player 3a: Ivan (DLC)

March 2015, July 1st 2015, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
| 16/17 | AD.Parla    |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |
| Total | Senior      |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |

Ivan is a poor player for our squad and will leave pretty much as soon as he finds a new club.

Player 4: Roberto Valverde (ST/MC)

PPM: Avoids using Weaker Foot

March 2016, July 1st 2016, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
| 16/17 | AD.Parla    |  0 (3) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.30  |
| Total | Senior      |  0 (3) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.30  |

Well he was the strongest of a poor bunch and really I still see him that way, a poor player overall and never likely to be a constant player for us.

Player 4: Rubén Sigüenza (GK)

March 2017, July 1st 2017

[b]Senior[/b]
| 16/17 | AD.Parla    |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |
| Total | Senior      |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |

Another case of best of a poor bunch, nothing really came through, but I signed some extra ones from the intake, just to add some depth to my Under19s.

AS Cannes 2016/2017 season update

League

Transfers

Squad

Another season of progress we won our first trophy with a 3-1 win over Marseille in the Coupe De La Ligue. We were grouped with Real Madrid, Inter and Werder Bremen in the Champions League. We vame through in third place with 4 losses and two wins, both over Werder Bremen. We changed our tactics in the league halfway through and if we had done it a month earlier would probably have been close to challenging Lyon. As it was we were runners-up in name only.

I think we can win the league next season and hopefully make the first knock-out round in the Champions League. Going to keep the squad the same apat form a forward and a midfielder. May invest in the youth side if possible.

Year   Div           Pos        Cups                     Achieved                  
2013  National     1st                              Promotion to Ligue 2                                
2014  Ligue 2      1st        Qtr of French Cup     Promotion to Ligue 1
2015  Ligue 1      12th       Semi of league cup    Survived
2016  Ligue 1      3rd        Qtrs both cups        Qualified for Champions League
2017  Ligue 1      2nd        Won Coupe de la Ligue Knocked out in group stage reached quarters of Uefa Cup

Season review 2020/2021

League Table | Position Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We started the season greatly with a 3-0 win over Werder Bremen (who had an awful sesason), but it was followed by two dissapointing draws. Form didn't really pick up after that as we only got 2 wins and 2 draws from our next 7 games, and just as I thought we were starting to play better we had 3 hard games in a row against Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund. Bayern and Dortmund are still just too good for us and easily beat us, but we got a good and important win over Leverkusen.

We hit form the last two games before the break, and kept going after it, with 4 wins and a draw in 5 games. But even though we kept winning, we didn't play well and my tactics crumbled agains Bocgum as we lost 3 games in a row and then drew 3. But with a new tactic we started playing better and we got only 2 draws and 2 losses in our last 8 games.

DFB-pokal - The DFB-pokal is really something I don't want to talk about as we were awful in both games, only just getting a win over 3. liga team Ingolstadt and losing heavily to 2. Bundesliga team Rostock who have been a bit of a bogey team in the last few seasons.

Finances - The finances are great at the moment, I think we could make a monthly profit if our stadium sold out every week, but as we don't, we still need the prize money for the money.

Top Players:

5: Jacob Gibbons - Been at the club for 6 seasons now and still he's a very player for us, and will be for a few years.

4: Stefan Kalpakov - His first season at the club was a very good one, he scored his fair share of goals, but will need to give more assists, but there's still room for improvement as he's still young.

3: Mael Barrett - The young midfielder did well when he played, but as I want a more attacking midfield his playing oppurtinities may be limited.

2: Scott Brownlie - Our top scorer for the second year in a row, but with 11 goals it shows the front line will need some improvements.

1: Pedro Lopez - An awesome midfielder and a very important player for us, and he scored quite a few goals, as he's still young he will only be getting better and more of a leader.

Archived