FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

You won't be surprised to hear that Tranberg played no part in it!

Ha ha. if he had have done maybe it would have been even better!! ;)

Pre-season has been completed for me, including our CL play-off games against Paris Saint-Germain. update to follow. it has been a bit of a frustrating summer...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well into the playoffs for Parla, so our highest ever finish achieved, a win in the final league game of the season will see us qualify top meaning we are in the best possible position. Have also managed a few new signings, and the team has actually improved since the sale of Ozlu & Herlein, so looking good for a run in now and a bit of a chance at Liga BBVA for the new season.

It is still hard to sign some of the top players as our reputation has still not gone up.

Thanks Guys, well Leg 1 started badly, behind early, and then down by 2 (This at home). At half time we were down 3:1 and it looked like we were chasing a ridiculous home leg. I sent them out with an aggressive "That was rubbish" and they managed to slightly make it up to me with two second half goals, but a 3 all draw means I have to win away to get through.

I have never done any of these challenges but now as my Dortmund team is getting a bit too good I want to try it. I decided to start in German Regionalliga, I used a file that enables this league - it is the fourth level in germany, in vanilla FM you only get 3rd level. As this only makes it harder I assume it is okay?

Sorry erbgor, but as part of this challenge there is no editing allowed, as such even the adding of another level is not allowed.

Ah too bad. Well I already started, so I guess I'll join this challenge with my next save. Could be tomorrow or never depending on how much I like this one ;)

realab.png

Real Sport Clube – 2012/13 Segunda Divisão - Zona Sul

Campeonato Nacional da Segunda Divisão - Zona Sul

Media Prediction: 14th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

My Target: Avoid Relegation

League Table: 7th ǁ Position Graph

Solid first season by Real, we were always hovering around the top half and never looked like going down, although we were also far from challenging at the top. A loss to Marítimo B on the last day saw us drop two places, which was a bit of a letdown.

Taça de Portugal Millennium

First Round – An unlucky draw saw us being eliminated at the first stage. Luck was also not on our side on field, as we lost on penalties to Espinho.

The Royals

Transfers ǁ Squad 1 ǁ Squad 2

The initial squad was pretty awful, bar a couple of players and some promising youngsters. I basically just signed a whole new team.

GK: Mota – The veteran did a decent job for us and seems like he could do it again next year.

DR: Lucas Urban – One of my best signings, the young Uruguayan full back is already rated as a decent Liga Orangina player, with potential to improve.

DC: Felipe – Rated as the best player in the squad, clearly because he is a Corinthians academy product :D

DC: Eduardo Simões – The captain is the only player that was already at the club who remained in the first team.

DL: Mica – The Luxembourg international is a former Sporting player with some potential.

DMC: Douglas – Another former Corinthians player, has been solid as an anchor man.

MC: Diego Lima – Chipped in with a few goals this season

MC: Móia – The Cape Verdean was also solid.

AMC: Roberto Torres – The Advanced Playmaker is usually a keypart of my team and although Roberto provided 11 assists and scored 6 goals, I need a better player for this position.

ST: Bessa – The veteran was our best scorer by far.

ST: Pedro Costa – Failed to live up to his potential, he is young though so I will see if he can improve.

Youth Intake – A very decent intake! 5 players rated as having potential to becoming good Liga Orangina players!

Other News

Finances – This is going to be our biggest problem, absolutely bleeding money and I have no idea how to prevent that…Our wage budget has already been slashed from €3,200 p/w to €2,600 p/w for this season, I just hope it doesn’t fall much further than that.

Next Season Targets

1. Try to at least compete for promotion

2. Try to have a longer cup run

2. Lose less money

Career Overview

Season       League                     Pos      Taça de Portugal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13      2. Divisão - Zona Sul      7th      First Round           N/A         None

Thank PRDH, how did you get Pedro Costa to score goals in the third tier? From your early reports I saw he was no good in the Liga Orangina, but I couldn't even get him scoring at this level. Played him as the poacher and support complete forward, but his performances in both positions were pretty bad. Thankfully I had Bessa, but his age might get in the way this season...

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2019/20

Season Preview

german-bundesliga-logo.gif

After last seasons heroics in finishing third, I went into the summer optimistic and excited about our upcoming CL campaign and building a squad capable for it. Unfortunately it turned into a little bit of a nightmare… Firstly, the realisation that I needed a squad that would fulfill the european club competition criteria sent me frantically searching for young german players. Then, having released 2 of my 3 left midfielders, Doherty was struck down with an injury that will keep him out until november. Then my keeper Colovic was sold after Fenerbahce activated his release clause. Finally, I realised I was lacking in goalscorers. Thus it was a busy summer trying to fix the problems that had arisen.

To that end, here are the new signings.

Transfers

Goalkeepers

1. Hugo Anzarda - My replacement for Anzarda, Hugo is the current Argentine No. 1 keeper. Signed for £3.5 million, I hope Hugo can fill Colovic’s boots.

13. Raymond Dekker - Raymond was signed on a free transfer and has the potential to be a real star in the future. Will provide back-up to Anzarda.

Centre Backs

5. Giovane - Giovane joined on loan late in the window to add a bit of strength in depth to the squad. Good player.

26. Hans-Werner Hermann - Hermann is the first of my german signings to join and has decent potential. German U-21 international.

Midfielders

23. Everton - Everton was a bit of a panic signing when I was reduced to no Left Midfielders. Decent player but nothing more.

36. Franco Zuculini - Franco joins on loan from Hoffenheim and adds strength in depth to the centre of our midfield.

47. Gomes - Brazilian winger signed on loan. He will be our LM in the absence of Doherty and I hope he can put in good performances.

Fousseyni Kante - Kante joins to add more german players to our squad.

Strikers

9. Daniel Axelsson - Daniel is the man who will hopefully add firepower to our forward line. An explosive striker, his international record is something I hope can be replicated at club level.

27. Dian Mihaylov - Dian is a promising Bulgarian striker with bags of potential. Dian joins feeder club Jena for a year for game time.

39. Marian Thiel - Marian is another German youth player, and has solid potential. A decent prospect.

61. Helder - Helder is a promising young Portugese striker who could be a big player in a couple of years.

The Upcoming Season

Overall, I am fairly happy with the squad although I am concerned about a couple of areas. As a result, I think it will be a struggle to match last season’s feats and I will be happy with a top-6 finish. To add to my squad woes, Osmar announced in early September he would leave on a Bosman in the summer. I immediately offered him round to other clubs and he will leave in January to Juventus for £7.5 million.

uefa_champions_league.gif

Champions League Best-Placed playoff

Mannheim 1 – 0 Paris Saint-Germain

Paris Saint-Germain 5 – 1 Mannheim

So our CL adventure was over before it began. A great first leg result saw us take a narrow lead to France, but we were never at the races in the second leg and went down to a heavy defeat.

0,,10412~9618847,00.jpg

As a result, we enter the group stages of the Europa League where we will play AZ, Saint Etienne and Anzhi. A tough group, but I am optimistic I might be able to nick a top-2 finish.

corinthiano - I played him as an advanced forward on the left of a front two. He was never great, but he scored a few goals and was adequate.

Edit - Motored through another season. Helps if you have an attack of insomnia! Just compiling the report now.

PRDH - Yeah he had very few good moments for me last season. I signed two strikers in the summer, so I don't know how much game time he will be getting this season.

rlipscombe - Shame you went out in the Playoff of the CL, but PSG was a very tough ask. Good luck in the Europa League. Oh, and I do like the look of Axelsson :thup:

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2027/28

Finances

Key figure - £10,223,074 | Summary

Sales and prize/TV money combined to give us a nice profit. The money was snaffled at the end of the season to fund an expansion to the stadium and improvements to the training facilities.

Club News

1/ New expansion to the stadium being built over the summer. It will add 7,500 seats to capacity.

2/ Training facilities to be upgraded.

Transfers | 7 In (£2.7m) and 11 Out (£11m)

As I discussed last season Soto was sold. I toyed with the idea of keeping him around for a bit but with only a year remaining on his contract he had to go as I couldn't afford to lose out on the money we'd get for him.

Other than that the players who left the club were fairly low key. We also celebrated our link up with fellow Azorean club Santa Clara by sending out a few of our youngsters. They got plenty of experience and even helped Santa Clara achieve promotion into the top flight. That probably means our link up will be short!

There were no particularly expensive acquisitions this season, though that doesn't mean some of them weren't important.

League | Predicted - 2nd

Table | Graph

A slightly worrying start to the season before normal service resumed. The league was tight. We played Porto in the penultimate game of the season level on points. We won and our 6th successive title was secured.

The goalscoring feats in the league this season were somewhat ridiculous. We got 105 in total and Porto 90. To add some context in we won the first of this run of leagues scoring only 54.

This scoring was evident in the players records too. Five players in the league got more than 20 goals (in the 30 game season) and two broke the 30 mark. Doesn't say much for the defences!

Cups

Supertaça | Winners

Sent out a strong team for the season curtain raiser and we saw off Braga with ease, helped by a Mendès hat trick.

Taça de Portugal | 3rd Rd

Continued with our policy of fielding the youngsters/squad players in the cup despite coming up against Porto in our first game. We were defeated. Wasn't particularly bothered.

League Cup | Winners

The cup squad had rather more luck in this competition seeing off Porto in the final to add some more silverware to the trophy cabinet.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Finally we progressed beyond our traditional third seed status meaning we should get a slightly easier group draw. We probably did though it was by no means a gimme as we came up against Barcelona, Shakhtar and Sparta Prague.

A heroic defensive performance at the Nou Camp as we stole a 0-1 victory set us up for the group stages winning all our games bar the return against Barcelona to send us through top of the group. It's nice that the group stages are becoming something of a forgone conclusion now. It indicates that we are getting more established at this level.

1st Knockout Rd

First Leg | Second Leg

So we came to the 1st Knockout Rd, the stage of the competition we have traditionally fallen at. This year we got a nice friendly draw against Young Boys. We flew to Switzerland hopeful that we might get past them and into the quarters. Three goals from Mendès in the first leg seemed to make the tie safe and another two in a 4-0 win back in Angra saw us through to the quarters for the first time. Quite comfortable really.

Quarter Final

First Leg | Second Leg

Up next was Marseille. France have been doing well in the Champions' League in my universe and this was never going to be an easy tie.

Again we went away for the first leg. It was a tight affair which was settled by Santos' 27th minute goal. Returning with an away goal was a good result and set us up for the second leg. It was not one for the purists with no goals and 10 yellow cards between the teams. Our fans weren't worried though as the 0-0 draw saw us progress into the semi finals.

Semi Final

First Leg | Second Leg

After a fairly scrappy pair of quarters we were short a few players through suspension for the semis against Manchester City. I'm not it made a difference, but whatever the reason we were thoroughly outclassed. Again we played the first leg away from home but this time we came back with a bloodied nose after a 3-0 defeat. We started the second leg the right way with an early goal but we succumbed to a 2-6 defeat and were out of Europe.

Still, progression from last season even if it may have been down to a friendlier set of draws than improvement. It should however have boosted out coefficient rating and we're not far behind Holland. A few more seasons like this and we may steal another CL place for Portugal.

Squad | Overview

'Keepers | No real sign that we missed Soto here, our two young stoppers did well.

Ales Svoboda - 39 apps, 30 conc, 21 cln - The man to inherit the number one jersey. He performed very well. The nineteen-year-old collected a hatful of clean sheets and generally commanded his area well. Could have been a real sink or swim moment and he definitely swam.

Miltos Diallas - 10 apps, 8 conc, 4 cln - Another storming goalkeeping prospect. It could be a real battle between these two for the next few years.

Defenders | Already a strong unit, but got even stronger this season.

Christophe Collins - 46(1) apps, 0 gls, 8 asts - A stunning debut season for the French full back. Displaced Favreau and never looked back. It'llbe a battle to keep hold of him I think.

Stijn Hermans - 16(3) apps, 2 gls, 0 asts - Fewer starts this year for the Belgian, but is still very much part of the squad.

Pavlos Nalbantis - 4(1) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Continues to be a solid back up defender.

Sébastien Gauthier - 41 apps, 5 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - The giant defender is a rock at the heart of defence.

Meraneh Descazals - 37 apps, 10 gls, 5 asts, 6 MoMs - I think this may be his best season yet, he was superb throughout.

Mathieu Favreau - 3 apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - After years as first choice he was replaced by Collins. Accepted a bid for him and he is off at the end of the season. He's done well for the club and been a huge part of our success.

Ange Diaby - 9(6) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Another to have his game time limited. Starting to make noises about wanting to play regularly. I may let him move on and progress his own career.

Christian Osses - 40(1) apps, 1 gl, 5 asts - Continued as the undisputed first choice on the left side of defence. I've had these players for so long there's not actually much new to say.

Midfielders | Some great players and some huge potential

Germán Muñoz Urrea - 0(1) app - His time is, I'm afraid, up.

Christian Madsen - 38 apps, 3 gls, 5 asts - Faced some competition from young Tornado this season but continued as first choice. I can't see him being there forever tough.

Tornado - 11 apps, 1 gl, 4 asts - The absurdly-named midfielder is developing nicely. He is placed just behind Madsen at the moment but I would not have much hesitation about throwing him into the first team if needed.

Vadym Gai - 26(12) apps, 8 gls, 13 asts, 3 MoMs - Reclaimed his position as first choice right winger this season through a combination of his upturn in form and Santos' loss of it.

Emin Dalkali - [5(1) apps, 2 gls, 4 asts - Another player who is developing his career nicely at the club. Performed well in the cup competitions.

Mike Okoro- 1(1) apps - Spent the first few months of the season at Santa Clara where he didn't fit into to their tactics. He therefore returned and faced the reserve league.

Joffrey Fontaine - 32 apps, 9 gls, 14 asts, 3 MoMs - Continued as normal. Excellent as ever.

Stefan Fink - 17(10) apps, 4 gls, 8 asts, 2 MoMs - Something of a breakthrough for Fink this season. Got more chances this season with Fontaine facing a couple of injuries and really impressed me.

Andreas Jensen - 40 apps, 14 gls, 21 asts, 5 MoMs - Goals and assists by the bucketload made this an excellent season for the maturing German midfielder.

Holger Lemke - 1(2) apps - Quite excited about the prospects of this young Austrian. He's got a decent grounding in key attributes as well as a high level of determination. He may be one who could benefit from time on loan next season.

Héctor Partida - 8(19) apps, 6 gls, 2 asts, 1 MoM - Spent his time filling in for Jensen and did a great job at it. He's progressing nicely. Improving his skills and getting experience ready for a chance to burst into the team.

Santos - 17(10) apps, 4 gls, 4 asts, 1 MoM - Dramatic loss of form this season has left me wondering about his place in the team. Not only did he not play well, but the team around him were unimpressive too. it's possible that I will let him leave to ease some of the younger wingers into the squad.

Forwards | Performed brilliantly as a group.

Mamadou N'Diaye - 2 apps, 1 gl, 1 ast - A new arrival this season. He cost a whopping £50K from his Senegalese side. Exciting player who maybe needs football to smooth some of his rough edges.

Labros Pavlou - 1 apps - Another whose time is up at the club. A pity as he has been a useful guy to have around the club, but it's time for him to move on and build his career.

Allan Tranberg - 13(4) apps, 3 gls, 6 asts, 1 MoM - Well, after all the discussion over him, the solution was remarkably simple. He was replaced by a new signing. Not intentionally, but he just wasn't as good. Continues to be a useful alternative.

Bénoît da Silva - 1(2) apps - Another who looks to need some experience away from the club.

Alan Neira - 34(5) apps, 15 gls, 14 asts, 3 MoMs - Potentially one of the best value for money signings ever. Neira arrived from Argentina for a bargain price of £160K. He started tentatively with me thinking he would be back up. However his performances, and his partnership with Mendès made it almost impossible to drop him. He replaced Tranberg and we looked a much better side.

Micha Peek - 0(1) apps - Another player who is developing nicely. One more season learning the trade with us and then I think he'll head out and get some experience in a first team.

Sidnei Mamede - 5(16) apps, 6 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - Encouraging performances from our first reserve striker. He looks to have a part to play in the squad.

Miguel Angel Klein - 1 apps - Rather lost out this season. Not quite sure what his role it. Will need to be evaluated over the summer.

Edemilson Mendès - 41 apps, 44 gls, 14 asts, 13 MoMs - The undisputed star of the season. His goalscoring feats were astonishing. More than a goal a game overall and a consistent record across competitions. He has an astonishing record for the club now of 49 league games and 48 goals. If he can keep close to that level he could achieve some very special things.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ Get past the First Knockout Round of the Champions' League. It's frustrating me.

2/ Bed in the new youngsters upfront.

3/ Of course, retain the Premier League (maybe going unbeaten).

4/ Continue to blood my youth team in the domestic cups.

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Retain league.

2/ Semi-final of the Champions' League again.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
2022/23		Premier League		1st			Champions!
2023/24		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2024/25		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2025/26		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2026/27		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
2027/28		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

19/20

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24

24/25

25/26

26/27

cheers Corinthiano... Was tough vs PSG, especially as losing finalists two years ago. I am excited by Axelsson. kind of stumbled across him by accident really but delighted to have found him. hopefully him and Scherbakov can lead the line well...

Good effort in the CL this year, PRDH! Still seems like there is a gap to the top teams in Europe, but the win at the Nou Camp surely is an encoursging sign.

Yeah, I agree. I can pull off results against them on my day, but over the two legs I always feel like they've got a chance of hammering me! Honestly I think the reason I progressed so far this year was a nice couple of draws.

One of the problems is that world class players are often going to want to leave at or before their peak and I'm still not really making much money.

Haha, that is an awful showing! Tbf in real life attendances in Portugal are awful, unless you are Porto, Sporting and Benfica, and to a lesser extent Braga and Vit. Guimaraes. Whenever they show a Second League game here you struggle to see anyone in the stands!

Have almost bashed out another season, have 8 league games to go. Didn't get near challenging for promotion, think it could be a while before I can get out of the division. On a positive note, already have an academy product playing quite a few games for the first team, whilst the other players that came through the first year are also progressing nicely. I think our good facilities and youth recruitment will come in handy in the earlier part of the challenge.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be off to Guinea on a work trip for the next couple of weeks so will not be playing until then. Good luck to everyone in the meantime :)

i started in the italian league and have created my new manager at the start of the second season. i have looked at all the clubs in serie C2/a and C2/b. i could only find one team that had no league history, they were Arzanese in C2/B. could anyone tell me if this is right please?

i started in the italian league and have created my new manager at the start of the second season. i have looked at all the clubs in serie C2/a and C2/b. i could only find one team that had no league history, they were Arzanese in C2/B. could anyone tell me if this is right please?

I think you can choose from any team that gets promoted into C2B for the 2012/13 season, "any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation". Can you find the season summary for 2011/12? This will tell you which clubs were promoted.

On this subject, (this is mostly directed at LLR I guess), should I ever complete the challenge with East Stirlingshire, can I then do the challenge a second time with a newly promoted club in an added league such as Spain (or one of the other countries) even if they've spent some time in the playable leagues in the previous seasons, e.g. a side that was relegated in 2011/12, but has now clawed it's way back? I think someone said that there was a problem choosing other previously unplayable clubs when you add new leagues, and I may as well ask now because once ES win the Champions League I'm more than ready to quit before the trophy is even lifted and manage in warmer and more interesting climes, but I'd like to remain part of the challenge community. Unfortunately I may not need this information for a while.

Hmmm. I'm midway through the season in Serie B and we're holding our own. Sitting just below mid-table but have done enough to show me we'll stay up this year. That's the pleasing part.

The bad/annoying part is the clause I had in Giorgio Natale's move to NEC Nijmegan. We had a 25% of any profit made on him (sold for £250k) but the fools have let his contract run out! :mad:

So he's moving to Parma for free :(

Academico_Viseu-logo-.gif

Ac. Viseu - 2012/2013 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile

Team Information

Transfers

Predicted Position: 7th

Actual Position: 7th

Average Attendance: 537

Season Ticket Holders: 280

Very much a mixed season, started off slowly with all the new signings taking time to gel, but gladly we hit our predicted position for the season. A few silly points that we dropped wouldve made a big difference to our overall position. So overall im pleased with the teams performance, although we are pretty short in real quality players, and hopefully that is something i can address in the upcoming transfer window.

The serious lack of finance is going to be a major stumbling block in strengthening, as although we have a decent capacity stadium (14,368 all seater), we're only averaging 500-odds a game, so hopefully the consolidation of our league status will help improve that figure for next season.

A few of the more notable performers of the season were as follows:

GK

Igor Rocha - brought in on a free and installed as first choice, not great but better than what was already available

DEF

Nuno Coelho - veteran RB who also filled in at DM when required

Rodolfo Simoes - young LB, another free, one of the more promising players in the squad

Gleydson - part of the brazilian backbone of the team, solid at the back

Hugo Basto - brought in as CB partner for Gleydson, decent performer

MID

Dionatan Teixeira - towering DM who started season poorly but improved as the season progressed

Paulo Jorge - young DM, formerly of Porto, an able deputy but used sparingly

Bailo Camara - brought in pre-season, used mainly at left side of 3 man attack, 10 assists isnt too bad, shame about lack of goals

Joao Paulo - one of a few rotated in CM positions, where ive yet to really find my first choice picks, even after a season

Jean Silva - right winger converted to right side of 3 man attack, 7 goals is decent, one of my first names on team sheet (for the moment anyway)

ATT

Bacari - another Guinea-Bissau national, already at the club and turned out to be the star-man, and top scorer with 15 goals

Leonardo Mancuso - one-time AC Milan youngster, took a bit of time to settle in but ended the season with 9 goals

Top Scorer - Bacari - 15 goals

Highest Average Rating - Bacari - 7.06

Fans Player of The Year - Bacari

Upon reflection, the amount of time i spent tinkering with formations etc probably had a detrimental effect on our overall progress this season. However, having now found a tactic that the team has adjusted well to and is getting results (winning 10 and drawing 2 of our last 14 games) i am happy now that with the right players we can use next season to kick on and push for a promotion place, or at the very least a playoff place, as i havent really followed the whole play-off/playout situation in the lower leagues of portugal yet

Season          Division                                 Position       Achievements
2012/2013       Portugese Second Division - Central      7th	        Safety           

Hurrah! My journey to the semi-final has pushed us above Holland in the coefficients meaning Portugal gets an extra spot in the Champions League next season and 2nd place now goes straight into the group stage. Great news for the rest of the Portuguese sides.

Edit - Good solid season there G-Wiz and with that end of season form you've got to be looking at promotion. It's tricky to get out of the Second Division as you have to win the league and then go into the promotion playoff league. I remember feeling as if the games just kept on coming!

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga Adelante

End of Season 2017/18

Attempting the Playoffs

The Season

In Brief

Predicted: 22nd

Actual: 3rd (Graph)

Cup: 3rd Round at Cordoba 1:2

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 2941 (^25 [Avg Att: 5145])

Finances: €2.3M (45th in ESP [NC])

Transfers: 2017/18 - 19 In (€350k) 13 Out (€2.5M) 3 Loaned (€3k)

Squad: First Squad, Under 19s

General News

We had made a profit of 1.6M before the end of the season which saw us purchase new youth facilities, am hoping for a better youth prospect as my current crop aren't that good. Of course I managed to spend a lot of money on transfers this season, but also had a fair amount come in. With a squad that is now quite large I was having trouble with players complaining about not getting any game time, so in the offseason I am going to try and cut back, especially in the midfield, this may see Delgado leave as well. Also hoping for a stadium expansion at some point in the future as we cannot continue in our small 6000 seater, though this may actually save us money if we wait a little while to go bigger.

The League

No idea what happened at the beginning of the season, but we were pretty horrid. The graph shows everything, after 15 games we were struggling a lit bit, and we needed a kick in the pants. As the team was not performing and Ozlu & Herlein wanted to leave I decided to let them both go, I sold them for a couple of million euros and this resulted in a crazy turn around. We went 14-4-7 from January first and ended up finishing third, we scored more goals than any other team in the league, but we also conceded the second most. This meant our defense was terrible, it was clearly our weak point, though improved as the season went on and the new boys gelled. The playoffs ended in disaster as we lost 7-5 over the two legs, so another season in the Liga Adelante to come and hoping for better things.

Playoff Semi-Finals: vs Leganes - Leg 1 - Leg 2 (5:7)

Golden Boot: Erwan Braind 3rd (26)

Avg Rating: Erwan Briand 2nd (7.40)

Overachievers: Parla

Season Review

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Player Stats

Team Stats

Cup

We had two tough matches against Liga Adelante opponents in the 2nd and 3rd round, and really never looked likely to advance as we played our reserves from the start.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Keepers

Simone Ravasi (ITA) - Was the goalie of choice at the start of the season, but his performances were just never really good enough, has ended up being replaced and has now been sold. Conc 48, CS 3.

Lukasz Kaminski (POL) - The Pole came in when I was seriously worried about Ravasi's performance, and it paid off, the defense improved after that, he still conceded more goals than I would like, but he clearly won the starting job. Conc 37, CS 9.

Defenders

Central

Martin Lopez (ARG) - He was the main starter this season, but not really sure if he is quite at the level I want, it may end up that I replace him, but he will start the season as the starter. 1G 1A.

Andre Perego (SUI) - Our new captain, he took over in January when I got rid of Herlein & Ozlu, and the step up by Perego was amazing, before the season he was not even assured of starting, but 39 games through the season and a true leaders attitude saw him lead the team. 13G 3A.

Ozgur Bayraktar (TUR) - The youngster is just cover for my side and will continue in this mould. 1G 0A.

Phillipp Thiel (GER) - The youngster came in to provide some much needed cover, looking to make the starting line-up. 1G 1A.

Left

Ricardo (ESP) - He came in to take over in July and was an inspiration, a great season from the youngster, but his contract is up at the end of this season and he doesn't want to discuss a new contract. I may find it tough to keep him and that will be a gutting change. 0G 5A.

Ferhat Ozlenir (TUR) - A reasonable start to his career, he will be looking to get some more games in the new season, will battle with Wagner though. 0G 0A.

Tobias Wagner (GER) - Is really a back-up who needs first team football, but going to be tough as he is clearly behind Ricardo, a battle ensues. 0G 0A.

Right

Pablo Sanchez Varela (ARG) - His talent appeared good, but he was always inconsistent in his performances. The main right back for this season, but he will leave in July, Milano or Dogan will replace him til December when his actual replacement turns up. 4G 8A.

Robert Milano (ITA) - A slightly disappointing season from our back-up, hoping he can step up in Sept, but only time will tell. 0G 0A.

Ugur Dogan (TUR) - Signed as the back-up looks to take over from now til Dec, looks good, but had a few bad starts. 0G 0A.

Midfielders

Centre

Roberto Delgado YP3 (ESP) - A good start to the season, and then it seemed to come apart. Not sure what happened, I want to try and give him a go in the offseason, but if he can't step up then he will just have to ride the pine. 1G 8A.

Ercan Yildrim (TUR) - What a find, Yildrim has been a miracle find, he was amazing all season long and has taken over as the leader in the middle of the park. He was involved in everything, and really looks to provide the ball. 5G 9A.

Vangelis Arvantis (GER) - The Greek German came in and looked good in the centre of midfield, and in his few appearances upfront, his performances covering injuries to Yildrim & Paulinho alone have led to a change of formation for the new season to include an attacking midfield role. 4G 9A.

Gunter Hoffman (GER) - New to the club, but looks to have a great future. 0G 0A.

Artem Tretjakov (RUS) - A bit disappointing this season, will be leaving in July. 1G 1A.

Timothe Douay (BEL) - A possible player in the new season, time will tell.

Bartosz Gul (POL) - He didn't feature much, but will probably become a sub in the new season. 0G 1A.

Right

Miguel Lopez (ARG) - He is a bit of a machine down the right hand side of the park, and the team is not the same with him not on the field. 5G 13A.

Eneko Begona (ESP) - A Poor season, will be on sale in July. 2G 0A.

Wojciech Kowalczyk (POL) - He is the future, will be given a better chance this season. 0G 0A.

Left

Tayfun Sen (TUR) - He took over from Cris as the starter, and he really performed. I was actually surprised by how good he was. Took control of the left midfield and led our side in an amazing second half. 4G 5A.

Mario Bumbera (SVK) - He came in right at the end of the season, but he looks like the next big thing, will start behind Tayfun, but might move past him during the season. 0G 0A.

Cris (BRA) - Well a year after being the star replacement, he is all but done, injured and amply replaced this year. 3G 12A.

Denis Shelekhov (RUS) - A reserve at best, leaving in July. 0G 1A.

Strikers

Erwan Briand (BEL) - He ably stepped into the void filled when Herlein left and continued to add the goals that he had in the previous season, leading from the front for the whole year. I am looking at an extension to his contract, but am worried our reputation will see him head elsewhere. 26G 7A.

Paulinho (BRA) - The number of injuries hurt his season, but Paulinho was keeping pace with Briand early on, it just seems that he will be a sub in the new season as we move to a single striker formation in an attempt to utilise our strength in midfield. 20G 4A.

Vladimir Jicul (MLD) - Really not sure on the Moldovan, I'm not sold, but will get a chance. 0G 0A.

Alexandr Potapov (RUS) - Well I signed him as a hopeful replacement for Herlein, but he just seems temperamental and unable to score when I need him, may be a part of the clean out in the offseason. 0G 0A.

The History

A Statistic in the Spotlight

This section will highlight one club leaderboard, and show the top 10, plus the best of the current crop.

cleansheets.png

I thought we would have a look at goalkeepers, in particular clean sheets, as you can see Cappellari is way out in front, but this is mainly because of the huge number of games he has played for the club compared to our other keepers. Very impressed with 9 clean sheets from Kaminski already as he only joined the club in January.

The 100 Club

|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| [url="http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5140/miguelherleinhistorycar.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]*       |   175  |   3  |  139  |   46  |   -  |  -  |  36 |  7.56  |
| [url="http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8220/taygunkuruhistorycareer.png"]Taygun Kuru[/url]*          |   164  |   1  |   18  |   72  |   -  |  -  |   5 |  7.14  |
| [url="http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6036/andrgomeshistorycareers.png"]Andre Gomes[/url]*          |   144  |  12  |   24  |   36  |   -  |  -  |   8 |  7.15  |
| [url="http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2444/juanfranciscoarandahist.png"]Juan F. Aranda[/url]*       |   126  |  10  |    0  |   14  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  6.98  |
| [url="http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5318/brunoguillouhistorycare.png"]Bruno Guillou[/url]*        |   132  |   0  |    2  |    8  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  7.02  |
| [url="http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/5417/kivanzlhistorycareersta.png"]Kivanc Ozlu[/url]*          |   121  |   0  |   36  |    7  |   -  |  -  |  18 |  7.31  |
| [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7720/nunomalheirohistorycare.png"]Nuno Malheiro[/url]*        |    84  |  26  |    1  |   17  |   -  |  -  |   2 |  6.94  |
| [url="http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8249/miguellpezhistorycareer.png"]Miguel Lopez[/url]          |    99  |   7  |   13  |   26  |   -  |  -  |   3 |  6.94  |
| [url="http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6145/robertodelgadohistoryca.png"]Roberto Delgado[/url] (YP3) |    76  |  24  |    4  |   33  |   -  |  -  |   2 |  6.98  |

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Guillaume Dumast[/url]  | [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4436/destinynewsinbox7.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1549/destinynewsinbox9.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |    LA    | [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/944/destinynewsinbox8.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |

My Updates History

|---------|--------|--------------------------------------------|
| Season  | League | Updates                                    |
| 2012/13 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7186636&viewfull=1#post7186636"]Start[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7194851&viewfull=1#post7194851"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7213819&viewfull=1#post7213819"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7221457&viewfull=1#post7221457"]End of Season[/url] |
| 2013/14 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7215409&viewfull=1#post7215409"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7227256&viewfull=1#post7227256"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7252672&viewfull=1#post7252672"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7276618&viewfull=1#post7276618"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2014/15 |  2DB3  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7276647&viewfull=1#post7276647"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7289506&viewfull=1#post7289506"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7308016&viewfull=1#post7308016"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7323040&viewfull=1#post7323040"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2015/16 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7323053&viewfull=1#post7323053"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7346471&viewfull=1#post7346471"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7391372&viewfull=1#post7391372"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7424204&viewfull=1#post7424204"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2016/17 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7441757&viewfull=1#post7441757"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7446249&viewfull=1#post7446249"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467738&viewfull=1#post7467738"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7482394&viewfull=1#post7482394"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2017/18 |   LA   | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7482421&viewfull=1#post7482421"]Youth[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7510825&viewfull=1#post7510825"]Preseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7536212&viewfull=1#post7536212"]Midseason[/url], [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7558662&viewfull=1#post7558662"]End of Season[/url] | 
| 2018/19 |   LA   | Youth, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]6th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]4th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]2nd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]10th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]7th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2017/18 |    LA    |    [url="http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]3rd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |

The Future

In Brief

Odds: 1000-1

Predicted: 22nd

My Aim: Promotion

Expectations: Top Half

Transfer Budget: €543k

Wage Budget: €52k

Youth: Miguel Martin & Jose Manuel Pastor

Signings: Sergey Afanasjev (DRL), Karol Petras (MC), Rastislav Roznik (MC)

Transfers Out: Eneko Begona (40K), Patxi Bengoetxea (40k), Cris (€60k), Artem Tretjakov (39k), Vicent (60k), Juan Carlos (12k), Ignjac Ivanic (10k), Simone Ravasi (240k), Pablo Sanchez Varela (40k)

Contract Expired: Ivan, Adrian Vidorreta

Wages at 01.07.18: €43,580

Other news sees a bit of a Parla gathering at the U19 Euros as the Germans selected Arvanitis, Thiel & Hoffmann. I also thought I should point out the scale of the gap between us and the larger teams in Sponsorship alone.

Really unlucky season there LLR, though at least you know if you avoid the horrid start you should be able to challenge for promotion even more strongly.

Like the look of your wingers and Jicul's ability in the air could be very useful, it's a handy squad all round really - though I'm not totally convinced by your central midfielders.

Keçiorengücü 2024/25 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 1st

Championship Group: Winners!!

(qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)

Turkish Cup: Runners-up

Super Cup: Winners!!

Champions League: Quarter-finalists

Premier Division

We were far and away the best team in the league this season – top scorers, meanest defence and 29 out of 34 games won! Only Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş are anyway near us and we can regularly get away with resting the stars and rotating in youngsters.

Final Table

Championship Group

Once the points were halved, we still had a 5 point lead and there were no hiccups this time as we secured the title with two games to go only dropping points away to Beşiktaş

Final standings

Super Cup

Trabzonspor were no match for us in the season curtain raiser.

Turkish Cup

A very good run this year as we got all the way to the final despite fielding weakned teams in every round. My youngsters shone through in this competition so I kept faith with them for the final – unfortunately, their form didn’t quite carry them all the way as we were edged out by Bursaspor but I was satisfied with the run nonetheless.

Champions League

A dream start as we stuffed AC Milan at home before beating APOEL and CSKA Moscow away. Qualificaiton was secured with two games to spare although I was a little disappointed that we were held to home draws by both CSKA and APOEL. A defeat in the final game at the San Siro meant we finished in 2nd.

Final Table

PSG were our first knockout round opponents. We were all over them in the first leg but conceded a late away goal. We still won 3-1 but would have to be careful in the way leg. We got through but only just as we slipped to a 4-2 defeat making it 5-5 on aggregate. Thankfully, we progressed on away goals. We faced Arsenal in the quarter-finals but faced a tough challenge due to a monster fixture pile-up (see my previous post). We played well in the first leg but Arsenal were effective on the counter attack meaning the match finished 3-3. At the Emirates, we went behind early on but had a good chance to get back in it after the home side were reduced to ten men. Alas, despite plenty of pressure and chances, we just couldn’t score and went out 4-3 on aggregate.

The Squad: Transfers

Plenty of departures this year as I let some youngsters go and sold off some players on the fringes of the first team squad who were earning too much for their meagre contributions. I spent fairly big to bring in a few new faces. Chief among them were Renato Gaucho who had been impressing my South American scouts all last season. A club record at 13millionTL but I think he will prove to be worth it. Luis Petcoff came in from Argentina – we didn’t really need another striker but 1.5millionTL was too much of a bargain to resist and the acquisition will prove useful should any of the considerable interest in Tavares transform into a bid. Mindful of the need for some Turkish players in the squad, I also brought in Ali Ihsan Kurtoglu who looks like a good prospect for the future.

The Squad: Key Players

Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Produced the good yet again – solid in defence and a constant threat in the air.

Şahin Kaya (DM) – Another very consistent season, which saw him pass 50 caps for the national side.

Marius Dragut (MC) – The Romanian youngster cemented himself in the first team this season and looks set to stay there for some time.

Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Struggled a little early in the season but was in fantastic form at the end of it, scoring 6 goals in the Championship Group stage alone.

Erman Ergin (ST) – Almost as many assists as goals in a great season for our youth team graduate.

Alexandre Tavares (ST) – Over a goal a game this season with consistent scoring in all competitions. Arsenal, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are all interested but will have to pay big bucks to get him.

The Squad: Awards

Tavares led the way again as Best Player in Turkey and Top Goalscorer in the league. Kadir Alagöz was named Defender of the Year and both those players would represent the club in the Team of the Year. Our young guns picked up the cup awards with Kerem Yücel Top Cup Goalscorer for the second year in a row and Kaan Uygun names as Best Cup Player.

I once again was named Manager of the Year and, despite two sendings off this season, we still won the Fair Play award.

The Season Ahead…

The board had agreed to add an extra 3,000 seats to our new stadium but they reduced that figure to just over 1,000 at the end of the season meaning we will still be under the 10,000 mark. Improvements to training and youth facilities were also cancelled, annoyingly days before Champions League and domestic league prize money came in with the options greyed out after that. :mad:

On the pitch, we will aim to continue our dominance domestically and get as far as we can in Europe. Squad wise, there may be some rebuilding to do as a few first teamers are approaching the final year of their current deals and some are asking for ridiculous amounts of money, way over what the board will sanction, to stay…

The Story So Far…

[b][u]Season[/u][/b][b]  | [u]Division[/u]    | [u]Position[/u] | [u]Play-Offs[/u] | [u]Turkish Cup[/u] | [u]Europe[/u]       | [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
2024-25 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Finalists   | CL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners

DodgeeD - What do you feed your youth players!? Some really cracking players have come through. How close do you think you are to CL glory?
LOL :D

I have been lucky with youth players this year - 4 are regulars in the first team squad, 2 more are regular back-up and a further 2 I have high hopes for. :)

As for sompleting the challenge, we are getting close. With some good luck, we could do it this season or next but we may struggle over two legs against the likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid or AC Milan... At least there's a refreshing lack of players wanting to leave!

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2018/19

Mission complete.

Cd_castelln_200px.png

League Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad (1) (2)

Finances | Confidence

In the league, I was a little disappointed. We had a bad run in the season where we pretty much ruined our title hopes. It was quite annoying considering the money I put into the transfers. All in all though, second place is nothing to grumble about, especially with what's to come.

Copa Del Rey

Copa Del Rey Fixtures | Copa Del Rey Final

I don't know what it is about the Copa Del Rey, but I am always facing Athletic Bilbao in the final. It's ridiculous. Nevertheless, we won it, which was a nice bit of compensation after the league loss.

Champions League

Champions League Groups | Champions League Fixtures | Champions League Final

Now this is the important part. Standard group stage for me with all home wins and away draws. Topped the group with 12 points. Worrying thing throughout the knockout phase as I still couldn't win an away game. Fortunately, our home form saved us. Wins against Arsenal, Benfica and Inter took us into the final, where long time rivals Atletico Madrid were the ones to beat.

And we did just that. But in natural Swinburn way, not the easy way. Durmaz saved us in the 77th and Bohmann saved us in the penalty shootout. I would have liked a more convincing win, but we still won. Challenge complete!

Key Players

Constant Eto'o | Alberto Ferraro | Roberto Marin

The three stars at the club. Eto'o once again with a fantastic season. He's constantly good. Second top scorer at either MC or AMC, depending on the game. Ferraro had the most assists of the team with 27 and Marin was our top scorer with 21. These three were absolutely outstanding and without the three, I don't think we would have been close to the Champions League.

Next?

It's off to the Americas with Vancouver Whitecaps. Continuing my mission to complete every challenge like this. Once I've done there and Asia, I'm thinking of coming back to Castellon and continuing where I left off, with absolute domination the target.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7492464&viewfull=1#post7492464"]2012/13[/url]         Second Division B3    4th               Promoted - Playoffs 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2013/14[/url]         LIGA adelante         1st               Promoted - Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7503582&viewfull=1#post7503582"]2014/15[/url]         LIGA BBVA             14th              Survived
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523332&viewfull=1#post7523332"]2015/16[/url]         LIGA BBVA             11th              Copa Del Rey Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7523371&viewfull=1#post7523371"]2016/17[/url]         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Europa League Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7536008&viewfull=1#post7536008"]2017/18[/url]         LIGA BBVA             1st               League Winners, Copa Del Rey Winners, European Super Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7561143&viewfull=1#post7561143"]2018/19[/url]         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Champions League Winners, Copa Del Rey Winners

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Youth Player Project

July 2018 Update

Player 1: Ivan Vilches (MC/ST)

March 2013, July 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Club       | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
[color=#000000]| 17/18 | Amurrio     |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |[/color]
| Total | Senior      | 59(10) |  16   |    5    |  0  |  6.67  |
|_______|_____________|________|_______|_________|_____|________|

Player 1a: Angel (DM/DC)

March 2013, July 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
[i][color=#0000cd]| 17/18 | AD.Parla    |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  -.--  |[/color][/i]
| Total | Senior      | 24(10) |   2   |    1    |  1  |  6.82  |

Player 2: Juan Carlos (MC/AMC/ST)

PPM: None

Foot: Right

Born: Parla

Nationality: Spanish

March 2014, July 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#0000ff][i]| 13/14 | AD.Parla    |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.00  |
| 14/15 | AD.Parla    | 11(16) |   6   |    4    |  1  |  7.04  |
| 15/16 | AD.Parla    |  0 (2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  6.90  |[/i][/color]
| 15/16 | Alcobendas* |  8 (0) |   2   |    1    |  0  |  6.75  |
| 16/17 | Alcobendas* | 20 (0) |   8   |    2    |  2  |  7.03  |
| 17/18 | Castellon*  |  1(24) |   1   |    1    |  0  |  6.54  |
| 18/19 | Jerez       |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  -.--  |
| Total | Senior      | 40(42) |  17   |    9    |  3  |  6.88  |

Has headed to Jerez for 12k in the off-season, I ended up deciding he would never break my team so I should give him a chance to settle in a lower division, Second Div B1 looks like the right level for him.

Player 2a: Juame (DRL)

March 2014, July 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#000000]| 17/18 | No Club     |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  -.--  |[/color]
| Total | Senior      | 21(25) |   0   |    2    |  0  |  6.40  |

Player 3: Roberto Delgado (DM/MLC)

PPM: Hits Free Kicks with Power

Foot: Either

March 2015, July 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Squad      | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
[i][color=#0000cd]| 14/15 | AD.Parla    |  3 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.80  |[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000cd]| 15/16 | AD.Parla    |  3(23) |   0   |    2    |  0  |  6.77  |[/color][/i]
[color=#0000CD][i]| 16/17 | AD.Parla    | 38 (0) |   3   |   23    |  1  |  7.28  |
[/i][/color][color=#0000CD][i]| 17/18 | AD.Parla    | 32 (0) |   1   |    8    |  1  |  6.82  |
[/i][/color]|-------|-------------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| Total |  Senior     | 76(24) |   4   |   33    |  2  |  6.98  |

My best youth prospect spent another year starting and managed to get his 100th appearance for the club as well, now I still like Delgado, but it appears he has dropped down to a reserve for the new season. I will look to get him some time on the park when I can, but he may be shipped off elsewhere by the end of the season as much as I want him to play for us I can't see him helping us get promoted.

Player 3a: Ivan (DLC)

March 2015, July 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#0000cd][i]| 17/18 | AD.Parla    |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |[/i][/color]
| Total | Senior      |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |

Player 4: Roberto Valverde (ST/MC)

March 2016, July 2016, 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
|  Year |  Club             | Games  | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------------------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 17/18 | Rayo Majadahonda* | 30 (0) |  11   |    0    |  2  |  6.52  |
|-------|-------------------|--------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| Total | Senior            | 30 (3) |  11   |    0    |  2  |  6.48  |
|_______|___________________|________|_______|_________|_____|________|

I really am unsure here, a good number of goals on loan, but he is miles off making my starting line-up.

Player 5: Rubén Sigüenza (GK)

March 2017, July 2017, 2018

[b]Senior[/b]
[i][color=#0000cd]| 17/18 | AD.Parla    |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |[/color][/i]
| Total | Senior      |  0 (0) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |

Player 4: Jose Manuel Pastor (DC)

PPM: None

Foot: Right

[b]Senior[/b]
[color=#0000cd][i]| 17/18 | AD.Parla    |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |[/i][/color]
| Total | Senior      |  0 (1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  0.00  |

Another very average prospect, he got an appearance late in a game to gain the record for youngest player for Parla though. Will probably give him a chance as injury cover this season then loan him next year.

My Blurb

So far as I can tell only Delgado is worth keeping so far, and only Juan Carlos is worth continuing to follow. Its been a bit of a bare cupboard, but I will keep looking for that superstar as much as I can.

Congrats Swinburn, good to see that success in Spain is possible, and an amazing effort from you to get there soo quickly :) What's next? continuing with Castellon or going elsewhere?

Moved on to Vancouver Whitecaps in the Americas Challenge and after that I'm cracking Asia with an Australian team.

Moved on to Vancouver Whitecaps in the Americas Challenge and after that I'm cracking Asia with an Australian team.

Nice :) Good Luck with that, have fun in the A-League too, not sure if the Phoenix are allowed into the Champions League in FM (They aren't in RL), but they would be a good challenge. ;)

Vikeologist’s 2024/2025 End of Season Report

Lodoftheshire.png

1559.png

Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Achievements
2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None
2015/16            Sc Div 1          2nd           CC & SC Winners, LC R/U   EC 3Q      Manager of the Year
2016/17            Sc Div 1          1st           Challenge Cup Winners     EC 4Q      Manager of the Year
2017/18            Sc Prem           5th           LC Final                  qual       None
2018/19            Sc Prem           7th           LC Winners                EC R2      Manager of the Year 
2019/20            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners, LC R/U        n/a        Manager of the Year
2020/21            Sc Prem           1st           SC & LC Winners           EC Winners Manager of the Year
2021/22            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners                cc Q/F     Manager of the Year
2022/23            Sc prem           1st           LC R/U                    CC R1      Manager of the Year 
2023/24            Sc prem           1st           LC R/U, SC Winners        CC R1      Manager of the Year
2024/25            Sc prem           1st           SC R/U                    CC Q/F     Manager of the Year[/color][/font][/size][/font]

League

Transfers

Squad

We reached the quarter finals of the Champions League. We drew 2-2 with Athletico Madrid in Spain, but lost the return tie. Athletico went on to win the competition.

Just a Quick update on Seregno as we approach the start of the Club World Championship.

The summer saw us sign just 3 players, 1 on a free, 1 for 15m and 1 for 35m, but the progress of the team has been immense.

Michel Amaya: Signed on a bosman, he has the potential to be a quality player in the future. Currently he is good enough to play in the odd game and does impress when he plays. A fantastic prospect.

Federico Carbonara (bring on the food jokes!!!): Provides absolute quality in the Def Mid position and has proved the worth of the 15m i paid for him. Even scored a couple as well.

Lima: Record transfer fee of 35m. Couldn't resist when i saw the scout report and his stats. Amazing player who is already proving his worth. Scored plenty of goals and has developed a fantastic strike partnership with Huber.

A couple of key matches have already been played:

Italian Super Cup: We won 4-0 against Fiorentina in a match where there was only one outcome. It also highlights the complete dominance we have achieved within Italian Football.

European Super Cup: Saw Seregno lift another trophy with a hard fought 1-0 win with the winning goal coming from new 35m sigining Lima.

Now bring on the Club World Championship.

StellaF1 - Lima is an absurdly good player and I'm desperately searching for a pun to use when describing Carbonara. The best I've got so far is to describe him as 'cracking' but that's just terrible. Watch this space!

PRDH - I know Carbonara is a name just waiting to have the mickey taken out of it.

Club World Championship

Semi Final - Up against Al-Ahli of Saudi Arabia.

We played very well and took an early lead after 10 mins with a goal from our 35m striker Lima who powered in a header from a Daniel cross.

A second followed after 29 mins when Huber scored after a fine run through the defence before slotting it past their keeper.

The match then became more difficult as our centre back Leonardo was sent off after a poor challenge just before half time.

Despite being down to 10 men we extended our lead during injury time in the 1st half as Daniel played a long ball forward which put Hiuber clean through on goal and he scored a powerful effort past their keeper.

The second half saw us create many more chances but there was no further goals and we finished as 3-0 victors to progress to the final.

Final - Up against Palmeiras of Brazil

I was expecting this to be a tough encounter and was therefore delighted when Samir Colic run straight through the Plameiras defence before having his shot saved before he pounced on the rebound to put us 1-0 in the very 1st minute.

In the 14th minute Daniel layed the ball off to our fantastically named midfielder Carbonara who thundered a shot in off the post from 25 yards our putting us 2-0 up.

Like in the semi-final we then got a third in the seconf minute of injury time at the end of the first half when a pass from Carbonara was fired into the net from the edge of the area by Samir Colic.

We continued to press in the second half and our lead was extended to 4-0 with an own goal.

Huber then got his 3rd goal of the tournament with a well placed shot to put us 5-0 up.

Just to rub salt into Palmeiras' wounds substitute Causevic floated in a free kick in the 90th minute which defender Vasile Talpa got on the end of.

We therefore won the Club World Championship with a convincing 6-0 win.

Tournament Player Stats

Hurrah! My journey to the semi-final has pushed us above Holland in the coefficients meaning Portugal gets an extra spot in the Champions League next season and 2nd place now goes straight into the group stage. Great news for the rest of the Portuguese sides.

Edit - Good solid season there G-Wiz and with that end of season form you've got to be looking at promotion. It's tricky to get out of the Second Division as you have to win the league and then go into the promotion playoff league. I remember feeling as if the games just kept on coming!

it appears that you may be right...20 games into this season, won 17 drawn 3, 16 points clear at the top...team have been phenomenal this season so far, hoping promotion playoffs are as straightforward as the season has been to date

EDIT: and so we've been confirmed as champions with 7 league matches remaining

Archived