FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

iacovone: Nice couple of solid seasons in Serie B there, am also looking forward to seeing how Nicolini develops. When do you intend to geto out of Serie B?

G-Wiz: Well done on getting promoted to the Liga Orangina. Am very jealous of your tie with Benfica, crazy money for one game!

Austinha, StellaF1: Good luck with your new games :thup:

rlipscombe: Excellent season, despite the loss to Spartak Moscow. It looks incredibly tight at the top, surely the title is a real possibility this year. Also nice to see Axelsson turned out to be a great signing.

vikeologist: A tad unlucky with your CL campaign, the domestic domination is very impressive!!

As for me, I am finally back from my work trip and will look to finish my second season with Real tonight.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iacovone - He looks stunning. Have you tried everything, weird transfers clauses? Sometimes something can be done! And Nicolini looks like he should have a great future at the club.

Yeah I did try a couple of things but his club were having none of it. He's no longer interested sadly. Maybe if/when I make it to Serie A.

iacovone: Nice couple of solid seasons in Serie B there, am also looking forward to seeing how Nicolini develops. When do you intend to geto out of Serie B?

Thanks. I reckon we could make the playoffs this year. I'm flying through the seasons and this is the best we've looked.

As for Nicolini, I'm very excited by him, he's scoring a few goals and coming on leaps and bounds according to my coaches. Hoping he continues in this vein. He's deemed a potential good Serie A striker :)

rlips - Could season there. PSG are a tough team to face in the qualifying round.

Cheers. it was tough to be honest but it is going to be. not much better this time round - Atletico Madrid.

rlipscombe: Excellent season, despite the loss to Spartak Moscow. It looks incredibly tight at the top, surely the title is a real possibility this year. Also nice to see Axelsson turned out to be a great signing.

Cheers. it was really tight at the top. if we had beaten Leverkusen in the penultimate game we would have been champions... i am hopeful of a title push this summer. Axelsson was immense for me.

Parla with 13 games left

Well the season has been good, and the team is just rocking along. we have managed to be in the hunt all season, and given that B teams cannot be promoted the top 4 looks even better for us.

Liga Adelante

| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Villarreal "B" |       | 29    | 18    | 6     | 5     | 45    | 23    | +22   | 60    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Hércules       |       | 29    | 18    | 4     | 7     | 60    | 34    | +26   | 58    | 
| 3rd   |       | Parla          |       | 29    | 16    | 9     | 4     | 67    | 36    | +31   | 57    | 
| 4th   |       | Racing         |       | 29    | 15    | 4     | 10    | 52    | 40    | +12   | 49    | 

So we are just 3pts off the title race and 8pts clear of fourth, a good run in to come as well. Was worried earlier in the season about how I would fit Arvanitis, Paulinho & Briand into the same squad with Petras & Yildrim in the midfield, well that hasn't been an issue yet as each has been injured for a period of time and I have only ever had 2 fit players for upfront. While that sucks it has kept all my players happy.

realab.png

Real Sport Clube – 2013/14 Segunda Divisão - Zona Centro

Campeonato Nacional da Segunda Divisão - Zona Centro

Media Prediction: 14th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

My Target: Promotion Challenge

League Table: 3rd ǁ Position Graph

We were moved into the Central Section and I can’t really complain too much about how the season went, Pombal and Operário Açores were just too good this season. If we can turn some draws into wins next season and the league is a bit more balanced we could make a more decent challenge. Pombal got promoted, so that is one of the stronger teams out of the way.

Taça de Portugal Millennium

First Round – Easy first game, with two free-kick goals by Gil!

Second Round – We were handed a tough draw and never looked like being able to beat Mafra.

The Royals

Transfers ǁ Squad 1 ǁ Squad 2

Managed to strengthen the squad a little bit, although it still is relatively thin. With some decent youngsters coming in I might be able to strengthen without spending. Loaned all players who I didn’t fit into the league squad registration and loaned them out to feeder club Cacém.

GK: Elói – The former Porto youngster stepped in for the ageing Mota. Not good enough though and a replacement has already been found for next season.

DR: Lucas Urban – Another excellent season from Urban.

DC: Felipe – Again another solid season from Felipe, who was also our third top scorer. There are a few clubs sniffing around, hopefully I can keep him.

DC: Eduardo Simões – The captain played well this season and I reckon he has another 1-2 in him.

DL: Fernando Dinis – I had several promising left-backs, but I felt that I still needed a better player in the position. Youth product Nuno Santos will probably take over next season.

DMC: Douglas – Kept his place and didn’t disappoint.

MC: Joedson – Another Brazilian brought in, was employed more offensively or defensively depending on the opposition.

MC: Bruno Baptista – Short term solution to strengthen a weak midfield. Did alright and might play a part as well next season.

AMC: Fernando – Even though he is getting on a bit, he was exactly the kind of player I needed this season. I hope he can keep up for next year.

ST: Gil – Signed on loan from Desportivo Brasil, I reckon he was our best player this season, even though he was not as prolific as I would have liked. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I will be able to extend his loan.

ST: Nicolás Medina – The highly rated Chilean got himself in dangerous position on several occasions, but seemed to bottle it most of the time. Am looking for a more ruthless season from him next year.

Other News

We were selected as overachievers of the season!

Finances – We were taken over, but ther was no investment, just a massive loan taken out to get thus out of debt, which we are repaying at € 4.4k a month until 2039. The money won’t even get us through next season though, worrying times ahead. Our new sponsorship deal also isn’t helping in that respect.

This Season Targets

1. Try to at least compete for promotion Fail – Not even close to the top two teams.

2. Try to have a longer cup run Success – Well, Second Round is better than First Round, right?! :D

3. Lose less money Success – Although still leeking it and had to take a loan, financially we are in ruins. :(

Next Season Targets

1. Promotion Challenge

2. Third Round in the cup

3. Start playing more of our own youngsters

Our wage budget has decreased again, but I managed to clear some more deadwood, so will have to focus on the key areas that need strengthening. I think our youth players could play more of a role this year, let’s hope this actually happens,

Career Overview

Season       League                     Pos      Taça de Portugal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13      2. Divisão - Zona Sul      7th      First Round           N/A         None
2013/14      2. Divisão - Zona Centro   3rd      Second Round          N/A         None

150px-Usnovese.png

End of Season Report - Novese - 2024/25 (Season 13) - Serie B

Serie B -

6th

Following our impressive top half finishes in our first two years in Serie B, we had now established ourselves as a decent outfit at this level. The natural progression was to target the playoffs and with a few additions to the squad I felt we would make a mockery of the media's 18th placed prediction.

I was wrong. At least initially. In an awful start we won just two of our first nine games, including a 4-1 hiding at the hands of giants Udinese (more on them later).

Our slow start was eventually amended and we began posting a good set of results to move up the table. A couple of mini-blips prompted me to tactically investigate our problems. This led to a switch from the traditional 4-3-1-2 to a 4-1-2-3 which worked much better.

Our improved form meant we snuck into the playoffs but it came at a cost. Our right back Bernard Dupont and goalkeeper Federico Morabito were injured badly in the run-in and although Morabito soldiered on with a series of injections, by a cruel twist of fate he would miss our playoff matches. In our final league game too, Bulgarian center-back Daniel Topuzov was sent off and banned for all three potential playoff games!

Results 1 | Results 2

Progess

The Playoffs

We faced Udinese in the playoff semi-finals - a team we lost 4-1 to away in the league, and scraped a 1-1 draw with at home. So it would be an uphill task.

That task was made much harder as we succumbed to a 1-0 home loss in the first leg. Given their higher league position, we would have to win outright to qualify for the final.

Despite our best efforts, we lost 3-0 away as well to compound a disappointing end to a good season.

The Cups:

Again, rubbish. Couldn't beat Virtus Lanciano in the second qualifying round, meaning we crashed out in the same round we have done for the last three years.

Key Men

Ricardo Tantardini (D/MC) - this is now the end of an era. His contract is up at the end of the season but he announced his intention to retire a month before the close of the campaign. He's been a super servant to the club but I think realised he couldn't cut it anymore at this level. By PURE coincidence he wracked up a record with his final appearance for us in the loss to Udinese. What a man - he'll be remembered fondly. Tribute.

Daniel Topuzov (DC) - part of a growing eastern European contingent at the club. The young center-back broke into the first team and kept his place for the most part. He's got great potential.

Ivan Fernandez (DC) - like Topuzov, another summer signing. The Spaniard looked a little ropey to begin with but grew into the role and was a good influence on our late season improvement.

Bernard Dupont (D/WBR) - French full-back was another new signing in the summer and despite his age, played almost every game for us. Were it not for a bad injury that ended his season he'd have played the lot. A good debut campaign from a very promising player.

Stanislav Kamburov (DRC) - another of the eastern Europeans. I'd signed him for the future and given his age he was getting a lot of experience in our youth team. However the Dupont injury pushed him to the front of the queue and he did very well in his eight games for us.

Zdravko Vidovic (DM/MC) - really came into his own this season and nailed down the anchorman position. I have really high hopes for the Serb midfielder.

Matias Coto (M/AMC) - it wasn't his best season but his growth is fantastic. I expect it to continue although I'm not sure how big a future he'll have here with other midfielders vying for his position.

George Lupo (MC) - the Romanian playmaker had his first full season with us after joining us midway through last year and benefited greatly. His experience and talent is vital to our midfield.

David Nicolini (AM/ST) - the youngster had another season of development, making most of his appearances from the bench. I want him to start more games and he probably will next season. It's a second year of growth and the coaches seem impressed by him.

Dennis Fischer (AMRL/ST) - played fewer games than I wanted him to thanks to injuries and that stunted a promising season. His goals dried up when he played on the wing, as you'd expect. Still, he's a good player and is now the highest paid player in the squad. I did this as I think I can get decent cash for him in the future.

Carlo Ripa (AMRC/ST) - I saved the best til last. Our summer free transfer from Roma was brilliant. He was our top goalscorer and the creative hub from wide right. There's plenty of interest in him which I'll have to stave off as he'll be the key to making another push for promotion!

Squad Stats

Finances

Club Information

Transfers

Objectives Complete?

• Top half finish

Success! Snuck into the playoffs.

• Continue youth development

Success. Along with Nicolini we now have a core of eastern European and Danish youngsters pushing towards first team football.

• Get a cup run going

Failed. I give up on it, it's a pointless cup and one we don't do well in.

New Objectives:

• Make the playoffs
  • Amend the dire finances
  • Continue youth development

A great season that ended sadly. But it gives us great hope for the coming years that Serie A football may not be far off. The finances have taken a massive turn for the worst so I will probably have to part with some of our assets. The budget remains decent though so I should be ok to juggle our squad a bit.

Joining us in Serie B this season are: Brescia, Livorno, Siena (from Serie A) and Pro Vercelli, Viareggio, Crotone and Grosseto (from Serie C1).

Seasonal Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven

Another solid season the Iacovone, a very disappointing end though, I feel the pain with playoffs at one level below the top, my seasons in Liga Adelante are hurting. Though if I have done my maths right I have now guaranteed promotion to Liga BBVA even though the table seems to not be saying that, now all that is left is whether I can take the title or if I will be runner-up and promoted.

I see about half of your expenditure is on wages, which seems quite high. (Well I thought until i checked mine) - Last Season 3.2M wages, 5.8M expenditure (4.8M income + 1.2M transfers out to balance it), This Season 3.4M wages, 4.5M expenditure (4.6M income + 2M transfers to balance). So it turns out I would probably be going down as well if it wasn't for the sales of Ricardo, Herlein and others in the last two seasons. Maybe you need to pick a couple of young guys who you have, and sell some of the older ones who might get a buck or two. Hopefully once you gain promotion you won't have to worry about the finances so much.

As for the Cup run, I am experiencing that as well, never get further than our 3rd game in it and then it is all over.

Thanks guys. I didn't really expect promotion and once I drew Udinese without my first choice keeper, right-back and center-back I kind of expected to lose.

LLR - as for the finances, I need to make a big sale each year to keep the administrators from the door. We didn't sell anyone last season but this summer I've had one of my Danish defenders sold over my head for £1m. That and a couple of other co-ownerships mean we should be ok this year.

Congrats on your promotion though, that's awesome work given your position with 13 games to play

And Corinthiano good season there as well, hope you can find the bit extra to push for promotion next season :thup:

Oh dear. An opening day last minute 1-0 loss to Ascoli was followed by a 3-0 home loss to Sassuolo and a 1-0 home loss to Udinese. Dreadful start to the new season.

Called a team meeting to raise morale. Back-fired. Ten players not happy with me. This is now a major crisis... :(

This is now a major crisis... :(

I have faith you can turn it round!

In my news I've got a week coming up house-sitting in the middle of nowhere so hopefully will have plenty of time to push on again with Lusitania.

Des Tiny's

Agrupación Deportiva Parla

parla.png

Liga Adelante

End of Season 2018/19

Winning the Title

The Season

In Brief

Predicted: 22nd

Actual: 1st (Graph)

Cup: 3rd Round vs Leganes 1:2

Manager: Des Tiny - History

Season Tickets: 2971 (^30 [Avg Att: 5191])

Finances: €5.25M (34th in ESP [^11])

Transfers: 2018/19 - 11 In (€120k) 18 Out (€1.9M) 6 Loaned (€39k)

Squad: First Squad, Under 19s

General News

Building the finances continuously now, being well under wage budget and getting more money from transfers than we are spending is really helping in this situation. Hopefully the board now decides to expand our stadium, or better would be to see them build us a new one because playing in the top division with only 6,000 seats in our stadium will be disastrous. I am only up as far as Icon, along side Ancos & Benitez, so a stadium could be named Camp Herlein, would be perfect by me. Going to keep trying to get money coming in, and looking at a team clean out at some point as really we don't need to 50 players we currently have and I also have a lot of reserve level players who either need to step up or leave so I can get in some players who are good enough to stay up.

The League

The biggest change from last year was that we started on fire, and we were in the promotion race from the start. We did have a slight drop in form which saw us drop to 6th, but once we went on a 17 game unbeaten streak, 1 loss and then stretching that to 19-9-2 over the last 30 games meant we worked our way back up into the title race and then into the lead, and ended up a comfortable 7pts clear of Hercules who will be joining us in the Liga BBVA. It was helped a lot by Villarreal B managing to lose 6 games in a row, and then us beating Hercules near the end of the season to catch up, at one point in the run in we were third by 6pts, but we turned it around, Getafe were promoted through the playoffs so we will have our local rival in the league as well.

Best Results: vs Tenerife 7:0, vs Hercules 4:1, at Alaves 4:0

Worst Results: at Getafe 0:5, vs Las Palmas 1:2, vs Guadalajara 0:2

The game against Hercules was even more amazing because of my team before the game, missing sooo many players.

My Players of the Season: Def - Phillip Thiel, Mid - Vangelis Arvanitis, Fwd - Erwan Briand

Season Review

Overachievers: Parla

Fixtures 1-21

Fixtures 22-42

Player Stats

Team Stats

Cup

In the second round we drew Alcoron and absolutely hammered them 6:2, this then set-up a meeting with Leganes, another team I thought I should be able to beat, but the boys never showed up and we went down 1:2. Another disappointing season in the cup.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Key Stars

Lukasz Kaminski (POL) - Our Polish superstar, Kaminski has been epic in between the pipes, he played in all 44 games, and kept clean sheets in 19 of them, a little worried by the 43 goals in the other 25 games, but we will work at cutting that down as the keeper and defense get older.

Sergey Afanasjev (RUS) - He was signed in April last year, but wouldn't be joining us until december, from the first moment he was an amazing signing and great at right back as well.

Andre Perego (SUI) - The captain has led the side from the back and done some amazing things throughout the entire season, he will grow with the club and the other players into the BBVA, an awesome central defender being hunted by bigger clubs.

Phillipp Thiel (GER) - He led the backline for a while when Perego was out injured, but generally provided support to the captain and was very solid, needs to mature a bit as we did concede too many goals.

Ugur Dogan (TUR) - The utility player has played in four different slots through the season, he started as right back and then he played in centre defense, midfield and on the right wing too. Looks like some great cover.

Tobias Wagner (GER) - Somehow the German accrued 16 yellow cards in just the one season, he is good when he is on the pitch though so he will likely continue to start.

Ricardo Gomes (ESP) - He came in to replace Lopez on the right wing and was an amazing player, he was in control up and down the right flank, he got a little jaded near the end of the season, but it is to be expected.

Karol Petras (SVK) - He is the solid part of our midfield, his stats will never show anything spectacular, and I was worried that he wasn't doing much, but I watched a whole game with him highlighted and he is all over the park doing clean-up duties and helping the attack and defense.

Ercan Yildrim (TUR) - Another star in the midfield, Yildrim managed to do a lot of assisting on goals and managing to feeding it through to the forwards, solid average ratings, but not amazing.

Vangelis Arvantis (GER) - The young attacking midfielder was never supposed to be starting, but his skill this season has been immense, and he may have surpassed the replacement I have coming in July.

Mario Bumbera (SVK) - One of our Slovakian connection, Bumbera was epic on the left, he was almost dumped, but led us to a victory with a brace and took control of the side once more.

Erwan Briand (BEL) - Our leader upfront, he didn't come out as a star this season, though he did spend time out injured, and he then only had about half the season to get done and he really only managed 18 goals.

Paulinho (BRA) - Is the third player fighting for two attacking slots, but with injuries he managed to get a fair amount of game time this season and this saw him happy overall though he wants to move to a bigger club, I may let him go.

My Youth Prospects

Mihai Cogali (ROU) - The young Romanian is a new signing, but looks solid in the midfield and a great future star.

Roberto Delgado YP3 (ESP) - Our best youth prospect to date, he leaves at the end of the season as he can't get game time.

Rastislav Roznik (SVK) - Another young midfielder with some prospects, stuck behind some star youngsters though.

Ferhat Olzenir (TUR) - Young Left Back who will look to push Wagner around.

Juan Pablo YP7 (ESP) - Our new central defender, a homegrown youth prospect, will replace Delgado as someone we can put our faith in.

Other Players

Tayfun Sen (TUR) - The back-up left winger, but he has a few issues and is stuck behind Bumbera.

The History

The 100 Club

|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| Miguel Herlein*       |   175  |   3  |  139  |   46  |   -  |  -  |  36 |  7.56  |
| Taygun Kuru*          |   164  |   1  |   18  |   72  |   -  |  -  |   5 |  7.14  |
| Andre Gomes*          |   144  |  12  |   24  |   36  |   -  |  -  |   8 |  7.15  |
| Juan F. Aranda*       |   126  |  10  |    0  |   14  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  6.98  |
| Bruno Guillou*        |   132  |   0  |    2  |    8  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  7.02  |
| Kivanc Ozlu*          |   121  |   0  |   36  |    7  |   -  |  -  |  18 |  7.31  |
| Roberto Delgado (YP3) |    80  |  31  |    5  |   38  |   -  |  -  |   3 |  7.00  |
| Nuno Malheiro*        |    84  |  26  |    1  |   17  |   -  |  -  |   2 |  6.94  |
| Erwan Briand          |   106  |   2  |   71  |   21  |   -  |  -  |  12 |  7.40  |
| Miguel Lopez*         |    99  |   7  |   13  |   26  |   -  |  -  |   3 |  6.94  |
| Andre Perego          |    93  |  10  |   29  |    5  |   -  |  -  |  13 |  7.20  |

The Club Awards

|---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7025/destinynewsinbox2.png"]Guillaume Dumast[/url]  | [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2012/13[/url] | [url="http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2013[/url]  |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8513/destinynewsinbox3.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2013/14[/url] | [url="http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2014[/url]  |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   | [url="http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2711/destinynewsinbox.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2014/15[/url] | [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2015[/url]  |
| 2015/16 |    LA    | [url="http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4436/destinynewsinbox7.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2015/16[/url] | [url="http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2016[/url]  |
| 2016/17 |    LA    | [url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1549/destinynewsinbox9.png"]Miguel Herlein[/url]    | [url="http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2016/17[/url] | [url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2017[/url]  |
| 2017/18 |    LA    | [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/944/destinynewsinbox8.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/576/parlahistorybesteleven.png"]2017/18[/url] | [url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8111/parlahistorybesteleven2.png"]2012-2018[/url]  |
| 2018/19 |    LA    | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/DesTinyNews_Inbox-1.png"]Erwan Briand[/url]      | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven.png"]2018/19[/url] | [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ParlaHistory_BestEleven-2.png"]2012-2019[/url]  |

Club History

|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
|---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]6th[/url]   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
| 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]4th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/905/spanishseconddivisionb3.png"]2nd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
| 2015/16 |    LA    |   [url="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]10th[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2016/17 |    LA    |    [url="http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]7th[/url]   |   SC 4th Round   |   NA   |       None       |
| 2017/18 |    LA    |    [url="http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3620/ligaadelanteoverviewsta.png"]3rd[/url]   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
| 2018/19 |    LA    |    [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/LIGAadelanteOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]   |   SC 3rd Round   |   NA   |    Champions     |

The Future

In Brief

Odds:

Predicted: 20th

My Aim: Avoid Relegation

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: €8.93M

Wage Budget: €82,178

Youth: Juan Pablo

Signings: Javier Arregi (AMC,Free), Metodi Stoynov (ST,Free)

Transfers Out: Roberto Delgado (MC,100k)

Contract Expired: Angel (YP1a)

Wages at 01.07.19: €48,610

I have also just been hit by the "image" limit that has been introduced on imageshack, so moving to Photobucket, you have over 8000 images, you can only keep 500...oh hurray! - I will aim to move and update links on old updates if I can as well.

For the first time as well in my game we have seen someone not named Ronaldo or Messi winning the Player of the Year awards. Meet Fusca. Finances should be helped somewhat with the new kit sponsorship deal worth 170k instead of 10.7k, huge change of divisions there. Well I suppose one way to help new clubs to the division is to throw them some money, I have been given 20M in TV Rights for the season ahead. And can finally scout the whole world, no word about my stadium though.

Oh Iacovone, that's not good at all, probably your best hope from here is to go no pressure on your players as much as you can and hope they turn it around on the field as soon as they can. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery, hopefully the board's demands aren't too harsh this season.

Form improved in the league but amazingly for the first time we've gone on a cup run. We're through the first three qualifying rounds, most recently beating Serie A's Torino 2-0 away. That means we get to head back to Turin to face the mighty Juventus! Very exciting :)

LLR - Great season there, best of luck in Liga BBVA!

iacovone - Good season, Udinese were always going to prove too tough, hopefully you can get to the playoffs in a stronger position, or not have to go through them at all ;) I have to say I usually do just like in your save, very slow progress until I reach the topflight, which also happens very rarely :D

It has not been slow progress this season though, in the first ten games we have a record of 9-1-0, scoring 31 goals and conceding just 6! We have opened up a 7 point gap at the top, let's hope we can keep up this form, or at least not suffer a bigger dip in form.

It has not been slow progress this season though, in the first ten games we have a record of 9-1-0, scoring 31 goals and conceding just 6! We have opened up a 7 point gap at the top, let's hope we can keep up this form, or at least not suffer a bigger dip in form.

Awesome work! Keep it up and you'll be promoted in no time. With 5 games to go in the league for us, take a look at how tight it is!

Clicky

600 games in management and I still haven't reached the top flight! This is the long slog and I'm loving it :)
Awesome work! Keep it up and you'll be promoted in no time. With 5 games to go in the league for us, take a look at how tight it is!

Clicky

Wow I didn't realise you were that far in, I have only just passed 300 games to make the top division. Good Luck on the run in, it is going to be very tight with 6 teams covered by 4pts, do you think you can make the top of the table?

That's a shame mate, best of luck in the playoffs. Who are you up against first?

We got drawn against Verona in the semi-finals. I was pretty pleased with this as we have a decent record against them. Happier still that Udinese went up automatically!

150px-Usnovese.png

Novese Playoff Report - 2025/26

Seeing as I can't get the league table grab without giving anything away I thought I'd mix it up and give you the run down of this year's playoff performance:

Semi Final 1st Leg - Verona (a)

This was a pretty even first leg. We were unlucky to lose but looking back on the quickfire double they got just after half-time I was pretty pleased to eventually come away with just a one goal loss. Carlo Ripa was to thank for that.

Semi Final 2nd Leg - Verona (h)

The rules meant we just needed a one goal win to make the final (our higher league position meant we'd qualify). It was an incredible game. We absolutely hammered them for full on 90 minutes but just couldn't score. We had 3 clear cut chances but it really looked like we'd be back in Serie B next season. Then, in a moment of fantastic drama, the referee awarded us a 92nd minute penalty. Up stepped Carlo Ripa to send the keeper the wrong way and push us into the playoff final with the last kick of the game! Unbelievable scenes at the Pastorino Stadium!

Final 1st Leg - Livorno (h)

Livorno were one of last year's relegated Serie A sides and therefore came as favourites into the deciding fixtures. Carlo Ripa missed out due to suspension but we didn't need him in a comfortable win. The only worry was that it was just the one goal win. Harold Hofer's strike was worthy of a playoff win but despite hitting the woodwork three times we needed to do it again at their place four days later!

Final 2nd Leg - Livorno (a)

The early Karel Pacholik goal set us on our way and although they pulled one back, Mariano Mohamed and club captain Gustavo Mesquita sealed a fantastic end to a fairytale story! We're into the big time! Serie A here we come!!! :)

150px-Usnovese.png

End of Season Report - Novese - 2025/26 (Season 14) - Serie B

Serie B -

4th[/url]

What a season. It started awfully. As I built us up here, we lost our first three league games! My team meeting was a disaster but despite that we won the next three games.

There were blips along the way - just as we looked to be going on a great run we'd lose one - and usually at home, which was strange. Regardless we never lost 2 consecutive games in the league (aside from the opening three) and because of that kept pace with the top 6.

As January passed and I strengthened an injury riddled squad, we began to make progress and for a brief moment I thought we might go up automatically.

We didn't - a couple of draws and a loss in our last four games saw to that - but we made the playoffs. And if you read my previous post you'll know the outcome was promotion!

|

The Playoffs

See previous post. Success!

The Cups:

Our first good year in the TIM Cup saw us make the first round proper. This led to a bit of prize money (£500k) and renewed reason to chase success in this tournament. We came unstuck in Turin - though not at Torino, who we beat 2-0. But at Juventus where we were dismantled 4-1. No shame in that though.

The Squad

Keepers:

Federico Morabito (GK) - The Argentine began the season injured so forced me to sign the man below him, but after a while reclaimed the number one shirt and had a good campaign.

- The Cypriot joined us right before the season kicked off and did well when asked. He wants first team football now though, so he may leave in the summer sadly. Looks a good prospect.

Defenders:

Bernard Dupont (D/WBR) - played a huge number of games for us in another fantastic season for the right back. He's co-owned by Pescara but seeing as they just got relegated from Serie A, I don't expect any trouble in keeping him.

Stanislav Kamburov (DRC) - If I do lose Dupont, Kamburov is maturing at just the right time. He's able back up as well as being a fantastic prospect.

Robert Stroh (D/WBL) - Another of the co-owned brigade but this time to mid-table Empoli. He's the vice captain of the club and usually a reliable performer but I have a feeling he may come up short in the top flight. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing him leave in the summer.

Zhivko Popchev (DL) - The Bulgarian left-back has been handy back-up for Stroh and although he could step in and do a job in his place, again, I'm not sure if he's Serie A quality.

Andrea Mazzina (SW/DLC) - was signed in January on account of Topuzov's long-term injury and did very well for us. Formed a good partnership with Fernandez but I'll be looking to improve on him.

Ivan Fernandez (DC) - almost ever-present, the Spaniard was superb for us. Weighed in with a very welcome 7 goals in his 50 appearances but was susceptible to the costly mistake. He made a squad high 3 errors that led directly to goals.

Matteo Pozzi (DLC) - the young prospect is a bit of a moaner. Wants a new contract, wants first team football, etc etc. Won't get them and is likely going to be flogged in the summer.

Daniel Topuzov (DC) - started the season very well but tore his calf in November and missed most of the rest of the season. He's attributes have suffered consequently but he's young enough to recover.

Midfielders:

Jimmy Nielsen (DC/DM/MC) - was able back up and occasionally slotted into midfield. A growing year for him as we assess if he can cut it at the top level.

Pedro Martins (DC/DM/MC) - signed on loan in January once Vidovic got injured and did well in the anchorman position until I changed tactics.

Zdravko Vidovic (DM/MC) - started brilliantly but broke his foot and missed a large portion of the season. When he returned, his defensive focus was less important to my more attacking theories so he found himself benched a lot.

Finn Skytte (M/AML) - still rated highly by potential by my coaches but I don't see it. Has barely improved since joining us and could only force his way into the team to make 11 appearances this season.

Mariano Mohamed (M/AML) - the Argentine left winger was great on occasion but couldn't get enough of a run of games going to be devastating. Still, he notched eight assists, which is fine by me.

Harald Hofer (MC) - the Bosnian was in his third full season for us and after initially thinking he wouldn't feature much, his determination and influence became key to the core strength of our midfield.

George Lupo (MC) - the Romanian playmaker didn't get a huge amount of assists but he keeps things ticking along nicely in the middle alongside Hofer.

Matias Coto (M/AMC) - couldn't fit him in as a MC but found his role behind one striker in my more advanced 4-2-3-1 later in the season. Became a bit of a revelation and I look forward to seeing if he can do it in the top flight. Time is on his side.

Giorgio Ferretti (M/AMC) - bit part player and the one big money (wages) signing I've made with Novese and regretted.

Forwards:

Gustavo Mesquita (AML/ST) - club captain had a mixed season. He's never going to be a big goalscorer and indeed, his ten this season, was highest haul. I'm undecided whether to keep him for next year.

Dennis Fischer (AMRL/ST) - same goes for Fischer. Every man and his dog have told me how great he is and he has been in patches for us but I need someone more dependably in the top flight. Think I may let his contract run down too.

Carlo Ripa (AMRC/ST) - the main man from last year picked up where he left off and had a stunning season from the right wing. 17 goals and 12 assists was worth it's weight in gold and although he left Roma to join us, he's helped drag us (and him) to Serie A. He picked up the fans player of the year.

Karel Pacholik (AMRL/ST) - THE revelation. I went with my instinct pre-season and forked out almost £300k for him but boy didit work out. He can play up front or from the left or right - he played wide left mainly - and he was similar to Ripa. Scored 17 goals to mark a wonderful debut season for us. At 19 and with determination 20 he could be something special.

David Nicolini (AMC/ST) - the Novese kid continues to come on leaps and bounds. He isn't quite the goalscorer I hoped for but he gets more shots off per 90 minutes than anyone else did this season, which is certainly promising. Exposure to Serie A should help him to grow even more!

Squad Stats

Finances

Club Information

Transfers

Objectives Complete?

Success! Made the playoffs and by a stroke of luck won them!

Success. Nicolini, Dupont, Kamburov, Pacholik, Ripa, Coto, Vidovic are all young and great prospects.

Success. The sale of Denis Larsen, the three co-ownership deals, the cup-run and the promotion prize money see that we end the year with the finances looking as rosy as they ever have.

New Objectives:

Wonderful season culminated in promotion! It's taken 14 seasons and over 600 games but I've finally taken Novese into the big time. The burning question - can we stay up!?

Joining us in Serie A this season are: Udinese and Brescia. Departing Serie A are: Pescara, Cagliari, Torino

Seasonal Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven

Congrats Iacovone and welcome to the top, good luck with Survival.

As for what you have noticed, I saw that straight away as well, those agents get very demanding when you are in the top flight, but as I prefer to give the money to my players I adjust the agent fee to a loyalty bonus, so looks to come at 10k player 100k agent, well lets change that to 50k player 50k agent and they generally accept the switch so long as it only drops a little in total value, also means you can take away the wage rises too.

First international offer is always good, and those are some big offers, haven't really got anything amazing offered to my players yet, but I have sent Briand on loan for the season after receiving some offers (I have three new strikers who are likely to feature).

Congratulations on promotion iacovone :thup:

I really like the look of Coto and Pacholik and think they could be very important for you to guarantee survival in Serie A. Do you think it will be a struggle or do you feel confident about your chances? Looks like the Serie A might be very rewarding financially too, so surely if you survive the first year you will be able to strengthen quite a bit.

Oh yeah, and Blanchard looks class!

Congratulations on promotion iacovone :thup:

I really like the look of Coto and Pacholik and think they could be very important for you to guarantee survival in Serie A. Do you think it will be a struggle or do you feel confident about your chances? Looks like the Serie A might be very rewarding financially too, so surely if you survive the first year you will be able to strengthen quite a bit.

Oh yeah, and Blanchard looks class!

Yes exactly. It's all about survival this year, no matter how we achieve it. The top 8 or so teams are seriously good teams but that's to be expected. Plan is to keep hold of the young gems and build a determined workmanlike team to compliment them

Congratulations iacovone! Blanchard looks like a cracker and Nicolini is developing nicely.

In my game Mendes has just reached 50 league goals, it's taken him 53 appearances. It's not a bad record!

That is very impressive! Good luck against Real Madrid :thup:

My word. I think we got promoted too early. There's such a gaping chasm between us and the top teams. Or in fact, us and half the league. 9 games in and we're 2-1-6 with 23 goals conceded. It's been tough. Some games you literally just have to write off. I'm tempted to rest my best players away to the big teams just to keep them fit for the games against teams in danger of going down. How sad is that? :(

Oh that is not a good start, hope you manage to tighten up at the back and grind some results out. I personally wouldn't play a weakened team against the top sides, every point you might be able to get is valuable, but I inderstand the temptation.

In my game I have sealed the title with four games to go, now I have to make sure we make it out of the promotion playoff.

Having completed Dafuge's challenge (for the first time ever!!) I fancy a new challenge, I assume/hope its not to late to start this one?

Trying to choose between Italy and spain, will read through the thread first (am currently on a coach home from Scunthorpe so have plent of time, thank god for the iPhone!!) and will post my profile sometime tonight

Archived