FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

ive read the blogs but can anyone tell me what spending more money on junior coaching does. Ive just asked the board to increase it, which they did after a bit of a push but what does it do? How is it different to the youth coaches?

Cant be sure... but I would assume that it means that they spend more money in the <15yr old area and thus you get better players come through to the youth system compared to if you had low spending in that area

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all FM i have trained Rio for DM too. He have excelled there too. Jones is in similar mould, a ball playing defender.

I still see Smalling more as a ball Playing Defender then I see Jones.

Well that is the first 2 matches played finally (competitive)....

3-1 victory over Man City. . . Cleverley, Hernandez, Nani scored

3-0 victory over QPR . . . Hernandez*2, Anderson

QPR should have been a walkover but hit the woodwork 3 times as well. Bah. But in terms of the competition. Arsenal, Liverpool, City only got 1 point, and Chelsea lost... so got an advantage already

edit:

It is official woodwork loves me. 5-0 win, but hit woodwork twice... 12 clear cut chances away to sunderland oO

Very nice start there.

Great thread here Fabio!

I gotta say, the determination of the squad is just simply amazing.

Led 2-1 in the community shield, until aguero suddenly grabbed a goal in 90+3 mins.

I thought that was it, it will be settled on penalties.

but decided to just go all out before the ref actually end the game, and I managed to get the winning goal in 90+5 mins!!!

up against fulham and losing 2-0 away from home. for some reason, my team just gave an absolutely poor first half showing.

gave a good little hair dryer treatment; got them fired up, went all out attacking and managed to claw back 2 goals in 5 mins (60th & 65th).

decided to just go all out overload attacking and in the 91st min, rafael poped up with the winner for me:D

played 13 games so far; won all! conceding just 5 goals.

premier league: 8wins, no points dropped, scored 26 and conceding just 2.

CANT WAIT FOR THE FULL GAME TO BE OUT(:

Thanks. I hope your form picks up.

Enjoying the original utd squad. Into september now, no transfer dealings done at all. And the team remains unbeaten. Following the wins against QPR and Sunderland we kept up the good form.

Wigan > 2-0 Victory with Nani and Rooney scoring. 19 shots to their 1. Should have been better.

Aston Villa > 6-0 Victory with Vidic, Hernandez*2, Rooney, Young and Welbeck scoring. . . Young got Man of the Match against his old team for his goal and 2 assists. Was his first Utd goal :D

You'd be demolishing them if there wasn't for woodwork. :D

Thiago (Barca) available on Loan.

Great shout there. :thup:

Loving the demo, will post some photos later as doing well

who are people buying as it seems i need a player for Evra and also Young

I have bought Papadopoulos, Hamsik and also Ganso so far

You have Fabio as a rotation for Evra. Check Vargas and Bastos as rotations or Young.

Just finished the demo with 16 wins, 2 draws and a defeat in the league, top of my CL group and in the Semis of the League Cup.

fmmdxj.jpg

Here's my top performers (sorted by avg. rating):

IHR9T.png

And Morrison; 10 goals and 9 assists - a decent return for half a season :D

n2UVD.png

Just finished the demo with 16 wins, 2 draws and a defeat in the league, top of my CL group and in the Semis of the League Cup.

fmmdxj.jpg

Here's my top performers (sorted by avg. rating):

IHR9T.png

And Morrison; 10 goals and 9 assists - a decent return for half a season :D

n2UVD.png

Good one.

Morrison is also working fine for me, although not scoring goals. Daelis is great, was my 1st signing.

Having had a play around with the demo you can obviously get some decent young players for reasonable prices this year. With this in mind i was going to start my full game by selling off players i either dont rate or because they are older. Has anyone tried to sell off any of the following on the demo and if so how much for:

Kuszczak - i have got £1m from getafe

Gibson - cant get rid of at present

Carrick - £8.75m to sunderland - i cant stand carrick irl as imo he is simply not good enough for man utd so want to get rid of him and get kovacic instead

Park - £8.5m to either tottenham or sunderland. i offered him out at this so may be able to get more. only selling as he wont be 1st choice and id rather buy younger

Berbatov - no offers yet and offered him out at £11.5m

Owen - no offers even when offered at £500k

Diouf - £2.8m to palermo.

Getting kuszczak, park, carrick off of the wages and for these prices has meant i can raise my transfer budget to almost £40m. This would give me plenty to invest in a few more good youngsters and one decent player (busquets or leandro damaio)

selling them a problem for me. didn' got any good offer. Almost everyone has high wage to be approached.

Owen is good for me as Deep Lying Forward. Good Movements.

Park (Will never sell him, until I get a similar player)

Out of interest, how are you guys using Javier Hernandez in FM12? What role are you assigning to him?

Definitely poacher. With Rooney as a complete forward (support) next to him. He got 24 goals in 22 games on my save.

Out of interest, how are you guys using Javier Hernandez in FM12? What role are you assigning to him?

Paocher or Advanced Forward. I personally intend on using him as a Advanced Forward.

Worth selling Valencia? He doesn't really fit into my squad, what are you views?

I'd keep him at least in the first season.

With all the talk about Hernandez, I went different for him. Instead of Advanced or Poacher I decided he would play as a Complete forward-Attack .. Rooney alongside is the Deep lying Support as is fitting for him. With that said, I have altered the way the roles work by modifying instructions slightly but shush :D

Hernandez has played 9(1), Scored 15 and has 5 assists.

Rooney has played 10, Scored 11 and has 6 assists.

And so may as well complete details of how things been. Just got to end of September and results are as follows:

ECL> Zenit: 4-2 victory (rooney hatrick, Hernandez)

PRM> Liverpool: 4-1 victory (Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Rooney)

L.Cup> Chelsea: 4-0 victory (Anderson, Hernandez*2,Young)

PRM> Spurs: 5-0 victory (Hernandez hatrick, Rooney*2)

ECL> Otelul: 4-0 victory (O.G, Jones, Morrison, Hernandez)

So time to sleep i think. Great place to leave the game for now

With all the talk about Hernandez, I went different for him. Instead of Advanced or Poacher I decided he would play as a Complete forward-Attack .. Rooney alongside is the Deep lying Support as is fitting for him. With that said, I have altered the way the roles work by modifying instructions slightly but shush :D

Hernandez has played 9(1), Scored 15 and has 5 assists.

Rooney has played 10, Scored 11 and has 6 assists.

And so may as well complete details of how things been. Just got to end of September and results are as follows:

ECL> Zenit: 4-2 victory (rooney hatrick, Hernandez)

PRM> Liverpool: 4-1 victory (Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Rooney)

L.Cup> Chelsea: 4-0 victory (Anderson, Hernandez*2,Young)

PRM> Spurs: 5-0 victory (Hernandez hatrick, Rooney*2)

ECL> Otelul: 4-0 victory (O.G, Jones, Morrison, Hernandez)

So time to sleep i think. Great place to leave the game for now

Would you mind sharing your settings for the strikers xx11. Im rerunning my man utd demo using the same tactic as 1st time around for the whole demo but the only issue i have is with my strikers. I have hernandez working ok but rooney is hit and miss. The base of the tactic seems to be very consistent and i am getting good possession stats but want to make my 2 strikers a little more deadly.

Enriquezove

I really like park irl but with football manager I tend to sell players when they get to 30 unless they are still class and I know I can replace park, carrick and berbatov with better youngsters.

I’m the same, it’s the way I prefer playing as opposed to a need. It’s a good technique if you have long saves – if you buy youngsters, fulfil their potential & turn them into stars, you can sell them around 30yo and usually get your money back + more. It also ensures, well at least for me, that you never lose interest because there’s always someone you want to see progress. Continuously buying first-team players for me gets boring after a while.

I know it sounds quite sinister, but I quite enjoy the mass exodus when you take over a club. Stamp down your authority, and all that.

On a different note, I sold Hernandez in FM11 as part of my mass exodus approach. I never really used Poachers or advanced forwards before, usually complete forwards with a target man, but as my save progressed more & more ‘Hernandez-like’ players appeared so I adapted my tactic. I’ve now learnt how to use that kind of player properly. Put simply, I won’t be selling Hernandez in FM12 – judging by your stats he’s a real goal getter in this version too! I think I'll have to set his nickname to Chicharito though, not entirely sure I like seeing 'Hernandez' on the ME ;)

Very informative thread guys, thanks.

Just wondering, how are you guys using Giggs, Fletcher, Cleverley and Berbatov?

I'm thinking:

Giggs (CM- Deep Lying Playmaker Support)

Fletcher (CM- Ball Winning Midfielder Support)

Cleverley (AMC- Support)

No idea about Berbatov...

Agree about Cleverley, personally I use Fletcher in a standard central midfielder support role rather than ball winning. He's not the greatest of ball winners, so I opt to use his energy and stamina so he fills in defensively but also gets forward and supports the attacks.

I usually sell Berbatov, he's not someone who really falls into one role - he's a bit of everything which is a real pain. I'd much rather have an obvious target man or an obvious complete / deep-lying forward, than someone who's seemingly inconsistent in any role I give him.

Been playing around with central midfield partnerships. Anderson and Fletcher have been flying, Cleverley's looking very promising but has anyone had any success with anyone else? Signed Fellaini as a test and the fans were not happy!

Fans were happy when I bought Fellaini

I'm thinking:

Cleverley (AMC- Support)

Giggs and Cleverley - Central Midfielder (Support), Fletcher - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend), Berbatov (Deep Lying Striker (Support). At east that's how I intetend to use them.

I'm thinking:

Cleverley (AMC- Support)

Giggs & Cleverley - advanced playmaker (support)

Fletcher - box-to-box midfielder

Berbatov - deep lying forward (support)

Anyone rate James McCarthy as United quality?

No, I wouldn't sign him.

Also I just finished another demo season, this time just playing the youth players for the most part and was in 3rd place at the end with 40 points. Ravel Morrison had 10 goals and 15 assists. He seems like he can play right from the start and be an impact player.

Well that is the first demo game finished, and it was a walk in the park in the end. Unbeaten and demolished most teams with what is pretty much the real life lineup.

Had to cope with some injuries and suspensions but all in all everything worked up with me formation. The following screenshots show the attacker instructions (as asked for above) and thus you can see the lineup and formation next to it.

Rooney Instructions:

manchesterunitedtactics.png

Hernandez Instructions:

To save people having to read through the rest, below is the player statistics for the duration of the demo, organised by Avg.Rating, followed by the final league table.

Statistics:

manchesterunitedsquadpl.png

League table:

englishpremierdivisiono.png

As you can see, short of disaster the league would be pretty much won within a couple of months. The goals kept flowing and De Gea was outstanding in goal thus no other team would get near the G.D of Utd.

There have been various managers losing their job already, and I am constantly being asked about Kenny at liverpool and if he be fired. lol.

As for statistics:

Top scorers:

Hernandez: 34 goals in 24(1) games

Rooney: 23 goals in 22(3) games

Welbeck/Cleverley/Vidic: 6

Assists:

Valencia: 23 assists in 15(3) games

Nani: 15 assists in 15(6) games

Rooney: 13 assists in 22(3) games

Man of Matches:

Valencia: 5

Rooney: 5

Hernandez: 4

Red cards

Rooney: 1 (only red card recieved for a pointless 2 footed lunge in opponents box oO)

Will put the next posts up following this. They will contain the fixture list, and details of some the results against our enemies!

So, all the results for the demo are shown here:[

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/manchesterunitedfixture.png/]manchesterunitedfixture.png[/url]

manchesterunitedfixture.png

It doesnt tell the whole story though, more then one fo them results was lucky, especially the 2-0 victory over chelsea. De Gea was immense in that match as well as some others.

But here are screenshots from 4 of the best results against big teams

Prem match, Liverpool Away.

liverpoolvmanutdsplitvi.png

League cup - Chelsea Home

manutdvchelseainformatif.png

Prem game - Arsenal Home.

manutdvarsenalsplitview.png

And to save the best to last:

Prem game - Man City Home.

manutdvmancitysplitview.png

Happiest match of the season that, couldnt believe the goals just kept on coming \o/

And as he is the player that I wish to give the most chances too, below is a screenshot of Cleverley at the end of the demo. He missed about 4 weeks with an injury however, which was most disappointing. But when he played he done well and cant wait to develop him.

tomcleverleyoverviewatt.png

I may start another game though and use only the young players... will have to decide if that is what I wish to do or just wait for the game to come out. If anyone wants any other details then just let me know and I try get them to you.

One of the key things I noticed though was the best thing at the start was to have match prep on very high, and focus on teamwork... once fully adapted i lowered it to LOW and kept teamwork always on though.

Well that is the first demo game finished, and it was a walk in the park in the end. Unbeaten and demolished most teams with what is pretty much the real life lineup.

Had to cope with some injuries and suspensions but all in all everything worked up with me formation. The following screenshots show the attacker instructions (as asked for above) and thus you can see the lineup and formation next to it.

Rooney Instructions:

Hernandez Instructions:

To save people having to read through the rest, below is the player statistics for the duration of the demo, organised by Avg.Rating, followed by the final league table.

Statistics:

manchesterunitedsquadpl.png

League table:

englishpremierdivisiono.png

As you can see, short of disaster the league would be pretty much won within a couple of months. The goals kept flowing and De Gea was outstanding in goal thus no other team would get near the G.D of Utd.

There have been various managers losing their job already, and I am constantly being asked about Kenny at liverpool and if he be fired. lol.

As for statistics:

Top scorers:

Hernandez: 34 goals in 24(1) games

Rooney: 23 goals in 22(3) games

Welbeck/Cleverley/Vidic: 6

Assists:

Valencia: 23 assists in 15(3) games

Nani: 15 assists in 15(6) games

Rooney: 13 assists in 22(3) games

Man of Matches:

Valencia: 5

Rooney: 5

Hernandez: 4

Red cards

Rooney: 1 (only red card recieved for a pointless 2 footed lunge in opponents box oO)

Will put the next posts up following this. They will contain the fixture list, and details of some the results against our enemies!

I find your statistics on assists very interesting. I play Ashley Young LW and Nani RW so i haven't really found space for Valencia in my starting 11. I'm a keen admirer of his and rate his ability but I feel that I cannot deprive Young or Nani of a first team spot. I'm excited by the number of assists he has made for you and was wondering where he fitted into your squad? Also, if he holds a first team position where has Young or Nani slotted in?

In the wing positions there has been a fair bit of rotation to be fair. I started with it being Nani on the right, Young on the left and depending on what happened in match Valencia would come on and play AMR, and either Young will stay on left (nani off) or Nani will move to left (Valencia off).

Valencia began to get starts when Young was out injuried for a period and I saw how well he done with the assists and therefore he became the regular with Young or Nani missing out from the starting lineup instead.

As for team instructions, all pretty basic:

Differences mainly come from the fact that once I have decided on the player roles, I will manually adapt some of them to try make it more fitting to what I would like.

Also, a thing I found that helps well when it comes to defending corners... leave 3 men up the field as most the time they will have at least 4 men back to mark them :D

I may give him an opportunity here and there through rotation then to see how he does for me. I also play Cleverley and Fletcher in the centre of midfield. They are 2 of my favourite players in real life and they have great abilities in FM12, however, I can't seem to shake the feeling that i need someone with a bit of experience about them until Cleverley gets a bit older. My intention was to bring someone in (my ideal choice would have been Sneijder but we all know that's not going to happen) and use Cleverley as a rotation and for less challenging games until he had the capabilities to take over at the top end. My problem is I can't seem to find anyone that fits the bill as a central midfielder with excellent attacking attributes (much like Sneijder), do you have any recommendations?

No, I wouldn't sign him.

Also I just finished another demo season, this time just playing the youth players for the most part and was in 3rd place at the end with 40 points. Ravel Morrison had 10 goals and 15 assists. He seems like he can play right from the start and be an impact player.

Outstanding return from Morrison. May I see his profile?

xx11 that is absolutely brilliant. :applause:

Trying to decide on my next playthrough tactic at the moment. So far decided the following:

Team rotation will be limited. No league and cup teams as often do

All players will be 26yrs old or below.

No players will be purchased (or sold, as dont want to mess about with morale)

Trying to decide between a 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1. I know we got a wealth of attackers, but just wish to try something different to my usual. 4-2-3-1 would allow Rooney to go AMC and Hernandez uptop which is appealing to me

I don't know what I could have got Ayew for, I just paid his £11.25m release fee to make it easy

I got him $17.25M (release fee is $ 18M) in both the demo I played. He is quite of impact player for me esp when playing as Left Wide Midfielder. First time he got 4 goals and 14 assists. Currently 3 goals and 4 assists.

Archived