Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its on the Genk website for anyone who knows Dutch

this is the translated version from Google

Thibaut Courtois is specifically requested by the player immediately transferred to Chelsea. KRC Genk has done what it could to the player and his entourage to convince to stay in Genk, but this failed. By not show up on the appointment of Courtois this morning in preparation for the match against Lyon, Genk has had no other choice than the bid from Chelsea for the club by far the largest bid ever for a player that received in to go. KRC Genk deplores the state of affairs and when a toptransfer gerealisseerd was, this one has a very bad feeling. KRC Genk had already felt Courtois Genk would leave and is now equally at work to to search for a successor.

Villas-Boas said: "I prefer not to comment, but you know what the situation is, it's public.

"Spurs have a right to defend their player and property. We just have to wait."

"We understand the position that the club (Spurs) has taken, so at the moment we are scanning the market for everything, not just those two players (Modric and Parker).

"It is one of the positions we are looking to strengthen.

"If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen."

When asked whether a deal for Modric was just a matter of time, he retorted: "No, it does not depend on us.

"Spurs have a right to defend their player and property. We just have to wait.

"We respect whatever position Tottenham takes and the prices we are talking about is an incredible amount of money."

As well as a creative midfielder, Villas-Boas admitted that he would like to add a defensive midfielder to the mix after Michael Essien's injury.

The Ghana international has been ruled out for six months with a knee injury, which Villas-Boas admits came as a big blow to everybody at the club.

"Michael is a fantastic person and a fantastic individual," he said.

"He was one of the people I kept in contact with for a long time after I left and I always considered him a friend and it was a pity for him to get another injury like this.

"I think it is a big blow because of what he represents and what he represents as a person.

"Six months is a lot of time and for sure bearing in mind this was already a sector we were looking to strengthen we might need to move in the market."

Can see us signing 1, maybe even 2 midfielders. Pleased as long as one of them is Modric

Mentioned it in the spurs thread but im curious. Why are you guys ****ing around with Modric and the bidding process?

Historically you identify a player, figure out what the club values him at and bid 5m more. Yet with this you're bidding way below and being pretty underhanded about the whole thing. I know most clubs do it these days, but just seems that AvB would know how important it is to hit the ground running, so if you want him why not pay the amount to get him rather then drag this out and leaving yourselves with an incomplete squad until the end of the window (assuming you get him...).

Maybe for the first time in a while we are trying to get a price we want rather than paying completely astronomical figures for players. Maybe we still will but it would be nice to see us play a bit more hard ball in the transfer Market. On the other hand maybe we just want as low as we can :D

Just read an interview with Delač and bothered to translate it.

First a shot by Drogba, then Torres, then Lampard...And on the sideline giving you instructions

is Petr Cech. That's how last 10 days of young Croatian keeper Matej Delač(18) looked like, which

he spent in preparations with his club.

- Haha, you can't be unimpressed when you share the pitch with such greats of football. At the

begining it looks odd, but you get used to it, realise you are part of it - says Matej.

He's been impressed with training under new boss, Portuguese Andre Villas Boas.

- He's very strict. He wants discipline, but has a special, different approach, all of the

players and staff already adore him. Trainings are great, very interesting, everything is done

with the ball, we even run with the ball - says Delač and adds:

- My teammates say he's very similar to Mourinho in that regard.

One of the Chelsea stories in the last few days is Luka Modrić.

- It's nice to see when the papers arrive early in the morning, that my teammates read about Modrić.

Branislav Ivanović asks me all the time whether Luka will arrive, all of them are aware what great

signing he would be.

Besides Ivanović, he spends most of the time with Petr Cech.

- He's giving me advices all the time and in the last few days we were together at therapy, because

we both injured our quadriceps (few days in therapy and underwater running track did the trick).

Matej is currently the youngest keeper at Chelsea squad. He's contracted until summer 2015.

- Keeper coach Lollichon says Chelsea count on me. That's why they are looking for a club where

I'll be playing. They don't want for the last season in Vitesse to repeat, when I played only

for the reserves - he adds.

For now he's not worried where he'll end up this season, most important thing currently is U20 WC

in Colombia.

- There are several clubs that are said to want to loan me, but people at Chelsea said they'll find me

a club when I get back.

Matej says Croatia can play an important role there:

- I'm convinced we'll go through in a group with Nigeria, Guatemala and Saudi Arabia. And in the

playoff everything is possible, even winning against Brazil, who we can potentially meet next.

Yeah I went. Taylor, Kane, Hutchinson, Nkumu, Deen-Conteh, Mellis, Mesca, Saville, Nditi, Phillip, Mitrovic (subs Blackman, Davey, Baker, Prosenik, Ashton)

Any good performers? Who did they play? What was the score and who scored?

I tried looking for a match report on the Chelsea FC website, couldn't find anything.

Chalobah impressed me most out of the few youngsters who played yesterday.

He looked really calm and impressed me too. I feel that the lack of communication between Hilario and him was mainly Hilario's fault, imo he should've either call it or told Chalobah to get it away.

He looked really calm and impressed me too. I feel that the lack of communication between Hilario and him was mainly Hilario's fault, imo he should've either call it or told Chalobah to get it away.

Hilaro was just awful :D And then he made that bloody penalty save! You seriously need a half decent back up GK as Turnbull isn't much better.

Hilaro was just awful :D And then he made that bloody penalty save! You seriously need a half decent back up GK as Turnbull isn't much better.
Tbh I don't exactly know why Hilario is with Chelsea, maybe he's just there because he's a nice person to talk to on the bench. But yeah was a good penalty save :) think Turnbull is better but not much better.

When we sign Courtois, he either has to stay and play cup games, or go out on loan with the option to recall him at short notice. I really don't want us left in the situation where Hilario or Turnbull are needed to play in the league or European games.

Neither Courtois nor Delac is home grown, correct? Shouldn't one or both be staying around/loaned to an appropriate team to gain that distinction so as to not later take up one of the very few spots the squad currently has?

Believe Delac was purchased in the summer before the beginning of the 2008-2009 season from Zapresic in Croatia/Serbia at 17yo and then loaned out to resolve the 3 year WP issue. Should meet the HG targets just fine, I think. Hope this helps and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Bought on 14.9.2009 when he just turned 17 and was loaned to Inter Zaprešić (Croatia) until he reached 18. Then loaned to Vitesse and at 20.8. he'll turn 19. Still extremely young for a keeper but without proper management he'll be ruined.

Archived